Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Back to Guilds

A Dungeons & Dragons Roleplaying Guild - We have many active games, join requests are checked often, and everyone is accepted. 

Tags: Dungeons, Dragons, Roleplaying, Dungeons and Dragons 

Reply [D&D 4e] Glimmers in the Dark
Arc 2 - Heart of a Monster (Completed) Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... 80 81 82 83 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Kowsauni
Crew

PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2016 12:22 am
Gladesdale

A place to rest for the weary.

User Image
Image by stephengarrett1019

Since it was a bright sunny day with the afternoon sun directly overhead, it was difficult to find places to hide. However, Lavander--with her thin, elfin frame--did manage to find she could squish her body against the side of a nearby house to stay just out of sight and still be in range of hearing the guards. Unfortunately, the guards' conversation is minimalist at best and doesn't reveal much of the situation. It mostly consists of guards from one side of the house asking if their companions on the other side see any movement from inside. They all seem rather tense and it is obvious they are trying to keep something inside the house from escaping, but they also don't appear to be going in after it either. No one mentions what's inside.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Tywyla has to walk a bit back up the street to find any townsfolk as it seems the immediate area has been cleared out by the guards. However, she does eventually find a middle-aged human woman leaning out the second story window of a house watching the situation from afar. She notices the gnome and speaks to her. Twyla gets the distinct impression the lady thinks she is a young girl. "Your guess is as good as mine, dearie. They've been gathering over there for the last several minutes. No one appears to know what happened and the guards have not said anything to us beyond to stay a safe distance away. If you ask me, it probably has something to do with the house at the end of the street over there."

The woman points to a small house a block past the one currently surrounded by guards. "A young lady recently moved there all by herself, yet people keep saying they see shadows move past the blinds when no one should be home. Perhaps she was keeping some sort of exotic, dangerous creature in there to sell to rich vacationers. Pelor knows it's happened here before. Now promise me you'll stay way from there, dearie--it's dangerous. I've never seen the guards act this way before."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Kuori and Revenge have no problem catching up with the guards since they'd just left the Red Lion. As the adventurers follow them, the guards would lead them down the main road, right past Abby's Boutique. Revenge would see that there is now a "closed" sign hanging outside the shop, though the door is wide open and Halima is sitting at the front desk, almost as if she's waiting for someone. ((If Revenge chooses to visit Halima instead of continuing on, ignore the references to him in the next couple paragraphs.))

The guard then leads the two adventurers off of the main road and down a street lined with small houses that lack the flair of the ones in the center of town. This must be where local townsfolk live. After following the winding road for a bit, the guards come to a house surrounded by at least a dozen or more town guards. The exact number is hard to tell as they wrap around behind the building out of sight. The newly arriving guards talk to another guard who must have been the person in charge before they fall into the rest of the ranks.

Revenge and Kuori would notice that the commotion has attracted some other curious adventurers as well: the gnome they had passed a little earlier and the wild-looking Tiefling with a full blade. Revenge would recognize both these people as employees at Abby's shop and Kuori would recognize the gnome as the bard who sang in the street from earlier.

As Kuori tries to stealthily approach the house, it becomes clear that it is too well surrounded and the area too well lit for someone to possibly try to sneak in. In fact, it is clear a couple of the many, many guardsman spot her coming. One of them breaks off and approaches her. "Hey now. I know you're curious, but this place isn't safe right now so I'm going to have to ask you to... Wait, you're not a citizen. Were you sent here to help?"

PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2016 2:24 am
Lavander will rejoin her group and tell them. "They're waiting for something. Don't know what it is but I'm sure it's not good." She'll pull a symbol of Corellon from her pocket and begin flipping it quietly. then she turns to the paladin, if he's there, and say, "I assume that's your friend up there. Doesn't seem to be all that stealthy to me.  

Lavander42

Dapper Star

PupSage

Dapper Dog

20,850 Points
  • Beta Critic 0
  • Object of Affection 150
  • 50 Wins 150
PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2016 6:42 am
Kuori smirked as she looked down at the guard, "By the God's themselves. Kuori Lightlost, Monster Hunter, at your service." She motioned at the building, "Can you describe the beast for me?"

I mean ... it wasn't a lie right? Kuori had been hunting monsters since she could string a bow. Spiders and driders, drow and the occasional bullette. Then to the surface where she killed beast that had no names among her people.  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2016 9:49 am
'Not safe? Monster Hunter? Beast? Help?" Valac thought to himself as he assessed the situation and the devillish grin spread across his face again, "A chance!"

"Sounds like you cowards need some help!" Shouted Valac stepping up to the door full blade ready, willing and flaring the flames of the blade for effect, "Let me at it, open that door and I'll deal with this myself! I Valac... uhhh... Will defeat it!"

Valac stumbled at the end as he realised he didn't have any GOOD titles and bringing up his old ones wouldn't be a great idea in front of all these guards.

"Will have to earn some titles' Valac thought to himself while he waited for the guards to throw open the doors.  

Mongooseh

Distinct Raider

8,825 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Guildmember 100
  • Hellraiser 500

Lavander42

Dapper Star

PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2016 3:08 pm
Lavander giggles when Valac pauses and whispers "Valac the overconfident?"  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2016 3:49 pm
Twyla's eyes grew big as the woman talked to her. This was looking to be shaping up to be a real mystery! A dangerous creature? Twyla unconsciously touched the scabbard where she kept her songblade, Tinsel. She'd been invaluable to Twyla throughout her adventures, and now the gnome wondered if she'd have to use her again.

"Thank you most kindly, ma'am, for your help!"
Twyla curtsyed, then scampered off back to where Lavander was returning. "It could be some dangerous beast!!" Twyla blurted out, when all of a sudden Valac strode up to the door, shouting about going in.

Twyla didn't need to hear her opening twice, and she rushed up to the door alongside him, brandishing Tinsel. Next to the impressive goliath woman and the brash tiefling man, she was like a child wielding a knitting needle, but she wielded it as fiercely as she knew how. She might be small, but she was loud, and she came to Valac's aid to explain who they were.

"Attention, guards! I myself am Twyla Rosanna Oxana Raphaella Marcella Honeysuckle Jane, a brilliant bard of some renown and I am here to bring aid upon this house! With me are my brave and stalwart companions, Lavander the Swift and Silent, and Valac the, uh... Well, overconfident he may be, but I call him Valac the Inexhaustible, Valac the Indefatigable, Valac the Inextinguishable!" Twyla paused for breath (glad to have pronounced all those long words properly the first try) then continued on. "Please consider our many amazing talents for this mission!" She looked over the goliath woman quickly, then decided she would also do. New friends never hurt, especially when they were tall and knew how to kill things. "Also, please consider this person! We can work together!!"

((Diplomacy of 33 to sell the group as the right team to take on this mission and also to make a good first impression!))  

AlphabetFish

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2016 5:49 pm
While hurrying down the road, Revenge would see Abby Halima as he neared her shop. She was alone.

It didn't take much; it something really bad was about to go down, his duty in the eyes of his goddess would have been to protect her first and foremost. Not to mention, his duty as her husband.

"Kuori, go on ahead. I'll catch up."

Slowing, he would near the boutique, and gently rap on the open door. "Hello, uh... Abby," he would greet her. Not seeing that other Tiefling around helped reassure him of his choice. "Do you know what the commotion going on is all about? I was about to investigate, but I saw you here..." he would ask.

Quote:
Bluff of 14 to express my interest is in the hullabaloo and not her. Apparently, Naeem has trouble stretching the truth in front of Halima sweatdrop

PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2016 6:50 pm
Lavander walks up behind the bard and says. "Please. Let us take a look. We're trained professionals. Well we're semi-trained quasi-professionals, at any rate." Btw Allies within 5 squares gain +1 to perception.  

Lavander42

Dapper Star

Kowsauni
Crew

PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2016 8:16 pm
Gladesdale

A place to rest for the weary.

User Image
Image by stephengarrett1019

The guard in front of Kuori seemed a bit relieved at her words. "Finally someone with some expertise. Honestly, we don't know what's in there; everyone who has seen it has been..."

The guard cuts off as Valac strides forward and makes his bold request. Followed by Twyla's very boisterous sales pitch of their services.

The guards seem a bit taken aback by the sudden appearance of so many adventurers and their desire to help. All faces turn to the guard who must have been the one in command. He simply shrugs his shoulders. "I don't see any reason against it, so go ahead. You have our permission to enter.

"See what you can do, but know this. When you enter the building, you will see three statues in there. That's our guard captain and two of our lieutenants. We have no idea what's in there because anyone who has laid eyes on the creature has turned to stone. We know it's still in there but I'm not going to risk any more of my men becoming lawn ornaments until we have a better picture of what's going on."

The head guard would then flash the adventurers a stern look--almost a grimace. "So you all still want to go in? We'd greatly appreciate it--but we can't guarantee you'll come back out still flesh and blood."

PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2016 8:54 pm
Abby's Boutique

A place for the strange and wondrous!

User Image

Image by wwsketch.

Abby smiles warmly at the Paladin as he raps on the door. "Ah, welcome. I knew you would return. I'm afraid I don't know what you are talking about, but come in, come in!"

Abby would jump up from behind her desk and move over to Revenge. She would gently tug him into the shop and he would once again be surprised about the newfound strength his wife had. Abby would shut the door once they were both safely inside; Revenge would hear the distinct sound of a lock turning in place.

"After that fib about being from the guards earlier, I knew you must have wanted to talk to me in private." Abby turns around and moves to a nearby chair in her store and continues to talk cheerfully, yet there is an edge of seriousness in her voice. "Then you randomly gave me a vague description of an Arian soldier's uniform, so you must know that means something to me." She sits down and looks directly into Revenge's eyes one more. Her gaze looks as if she is searching for something. "So tell me... Why are you here? You're obviously are not from them, or you would not have approached me like this, yet you seem so nervous." Abby would pause for a moment and her voice would soften. "Are...are you sure I don't know you? I get this... strange feeling when I look into your eyes."

Abigail (Abby) Morgan
User Image

Kowsauni
Crew

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2016 10:54 pm
"..."

Revenge would not say a word for a few moments when Abby Halima finished speaking.

"Well... first thing's first..." He would take the broken sword hilt from his belt, and place it upon the nearest countertop, fingers dwelling on it for a few breaths. "I come with a message. The 'Bladebreaker'... how did she put it... sends what you were looking for, I believe she said. I'm not entirely sure what that message entails, so let's hear it from you. And we can go from there."  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2016 1:59 am
Abigail (Abby) Morgan
User Image

Abbys eyes open wide in surprise at the mention of the word Bladebreaker and continue to stay that way. She takes the broken sword hilt bearing the symbol of Aria from Revenge and stares at at it. Her voice becomes trembly. "Corsica... thank goodness your alright... I don't understand your message though."

Abby looks up at Revenge, her face full of emotion. "Clearly you must be a friend for her to trust you like this, but I don't know why she sent you to me. Please tell me. What do you know of us? What did Corsica reveal to you?"

Kowsauni
Crew

Lavander42

Dapper Star

PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2016 2:29 am
"A medusa." Lavander says. "If it's turning people to stone then it's a female one. Keep your eyes on the ground and never look at it's head if you want to see tomorrow."  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2016 10:22 am
"Or a bassilisk. Or a cockatrice. Or a person capable of using magic. Many things can turn a person to stone." Kuori was not feeling this group, but the bard from yesterday was good with words at least. "So it was downstairs when they went in. Do you have a mirror, and a leg of meat. I can pay for them." She looked at the home and added, "It hasn't come to the windows or tried to escape at all?"

23 Knowledge Nature to see if there is anything that would live in the local area that can petrify people.  

PupSage

Dapper Dog

20,850 Points
  • Beta Critic 0
  • Object of Affection 150
  • 50 Wins 150

Lavander42

Dapper Star

PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2016 3:12 pm
Lavander pulls out a small basket, reaches in and pulls out a leg of meat. "Don't bother repaying me for this. Didn't cost me anything." (Everlasting provisions) She hands the meat to Kuori and draws her short sword.  
[D&D 4e] Glimmers in the Dark

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... 80 81 82 83 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff