Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Back to Guilds

A Dungeons & Dragons Roleplaying Guild - We have many active games, join requests are checked often, and everyone is accepted. 

Tags: Dungeons, Dragons, Roleplaying, Dungeons and Dragons 

Reply [L5R 4e] Desert Winds
Desert Wind Chapter #1: Playing Samurai and Indians Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... 20 21 22 23 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit
Rain Yupa rolled 6 10-sided dice: 3, 4, 10, 10, 6, 9 Total: 42 (6-60)

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

PostPosted: Sat Oct 01, 2016 4:12 pm
Perception/Lore: Theology to look for places that might be suitable for temples and shrines when the settlers begin to expand (and consequently record those via Calligraphy [Clan Cipher], if you want a separate roll for it).

4k3 with 2 extra dice for explosions!

Result: 39. WHERE IS YOUR KAMI NOW?! Oh, nevermind, there he is!  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2016 9:41 pm
Rain Yupa

Zhen-ji thinks he sees an area that may be related to one of the fortunes and jots it down. It doesn't seem too major though. Maybe if he put more effort into it?

Glory Sieg

Paidi tou Selini

mongooseh

Raganui Minamoto

Anybody else want to search for anything?  

Plainsfox

Romantic Paladin

10,600 Points
  • Battle Hardened 150
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Bunny Hunter 100

Mongooseh

Distinct Raider

8,825 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Guildmember 100
  • Hellraiser 500
PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2016 1:48 am
Shinjo Asura silently fell into immediate routine and habit as he forged ahead slightly to scout for possible signs of enemy activity. Taking careful note to look for signs of human activity.

<4K2 investigationperception w2 extra to handle explosions. Result: 24 >  
Paidi tou Selini rolled 8 10-sided dice: 1, 10, 1, 4, 2, 8, 7, 5 Total: 38 (8-80)
PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2016 4:16 pm
The intrepid Battlemaiden nodded to the further instructions and took the map, bowed her leave to their leader, and turned to manage the supply cart and get it going on their way. They were ranging ahead from the start, so inspecting its capabilities came first. Assessing the capabilities of her new squad would be harder, but she tried to make at least something out of it until she properly assess them.

"Right. Well until I can see you all in action I'll have to take your word for capabilities. So everyone tell me specialties you think you can bring to the table and we'll try to organize this based on our strengths. Mine lie in survival and long-range scouting, as well as battle strategy should we find a hostile engagement. My husband here shall provide support, both in animal care and medicinal care should anyone be injured. And of course I'm sure he and Togashi-san here can provide all the spiritual support you could desire. Any requests upon his talents as a Shugenja go through me, unless it's an emergency. I'll not have such a valuable resource wasted frivolously." of course she would neglect to mention how often that resource went into conjuring a meal for her. Minor details. Her sharp eyes scanned the group dubiously, before she let out a soft sigh and gets the procession moving. "Well don't everyone speak up at once."

[Post scene, 5k3 Perception/Hunting to search for suitable food, since these lands were theoretically already explored = 24]  

Paidi tou Selini
Crew

Adorable Abductee

Raganui Minamoto rolled 6 10-sided dice: 7, 1, 2, 9, 10, 10 Total: 39 (6-60)

Raganui Minamoto

Distinct Prophet

PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2016 10:37 pm
The Yoritomo would spend this first bit of travel watching the countryside and seeing if he could mark down in his notes any natural resource he came across. Such information could be useful.

Perception/Commerce for useful resources.
4k2 - 16  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2016 3:38 pm
"I'm glad my reputation hasn't preceded me for once." Asura said before answering, "I can do some scouting as well, adept swordsman, adept archer despite my eye, adept at jiu-jitsu, able to perform covert operations and I'd give you a run for your koku in horsemanship."  

Mongooseh

Distinct Raider

8,825 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Guildmember 100
  • Hellraiser 500

Plainsfox

Romantic Paladin

10,600 Points
  • Battle Hardened 150
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Bunny Hunter 100
PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2016 12:54 am
Foray #1

Food Status: 6 days worth of food

Seijun is not spotting for anything.
Husband is spotting for unique spaces and finds a small brook that may have an affinity to water kami.
Misaki finds a field full of flowers that could be used for a light blue dye.
Asura finds a set of tracks that are faint and don't exactly look like Rokugani peasants.
Aneksi finds enough rabbits to extend the food supply by a day! (Note, are Misaki and Seijun willing to eat rabbit?)

Note if you wish to follow up on any discovered item.  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2016 1:27 pm
Riding up closer to Aneksi, Jinyu-Zhe would clear his throat. "Excuse me, Utaku-sama... but as horsekeeper of this scouting party, I both formally and humbly request the opportunity to give the horses a quick break. There's a brook over there I wish to investigate, and I figure they could all use a drink." Jinyu-Zhe would nod in the direction of the brook he spotted.

"Poor Chiyuuai is positively parched!" he would speak up before his wife could respond, trying to ham up his position. "Just look at him, the poor thing." He would rub the side of his horse's neck in sympathy, though Chiyuuai gave no indication that Jinyu-Zhe's claim was in any way accurate.  

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

Raganui Minamoto

Distinct Prophet

PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2016 12:04 pm
Misaki stretches, looking over at the Utaku. "Talking. I can handle many situations through words and coin. Aside from that, I'm afraid I'm here as a favor to Ide Goro-san." He eyes the woman critically. "And may I suggest that once we're back in a place with proper work space that you allow me some time to take a better look at you? I have a few ideas for a lovely kimono that would go very well with your eyes."

As for rabbit... well, only if he must.  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 22, 2016 12:37 pm
Foray #2!
Food Supplies: 6 Days
Distance away from the main body: Apx 1 day at normal speed.

Again, what are you searching for?  

Plainsfox

Romantic Paladin

10,600 Points
  • Battle Hardened 150
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Bunny Hunter 100
Rain Yupa rolled 8 10-sided dice: 6, 4, 10, 1, 7, 4, 2, 5 Total: 39 (8-80)

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

PostPosted: Sun Oct 23, 2016 6:23 pm
Utaku Jinyu-Zhe would keep half an eye out for more locations that might please the kami, but now they were getting pretty far removed from civilization. His attention for such things is minimal, as he was becoming more concerned for dangers.

Being touched by Chikushudo, though, he had a habit of drawing attention to himself by beasts, both wild and tame.

Quote:
Perception/Animal Handling to spot any unusual creatures making their perception/human handling rolls to spot him. One raise to be spared the GM's unhealthy obsession with L5R Rocs. 5k4, 3 dice for explosions. 31 - 5 (raise) = 26

Paidi tou Selini rolled 8 10-sided dice: 6, 9, 8, 6, 3, 8, 5, 10 Total: 55 (8-80)
PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2016 9:37 pm
The young Battlemaiden nodded to the few who had responded, tapping her chin thoughtfully. It wasn't hard to imagine how to organize this group, but getting it into proper execution was a different matter. Though she had to blink and raise a curious brow at the Mantis' final comment. "I appreciate the offer, but that's quite alright. The day Chishiyo cares about the color of my kimono, perhaps I will too.”

She might have responded cutely to her husband’s entreating request, but her author took too long to post so whatever happened was lost to the skipping stone of time. Like last time, she focused on hunting. Things would be getting rougher later, best take advantage of the peace while they could.

[5k3 Perception/Hunting to search for suitable food, since these lands were theoretically already explored = 23]  

Paidi tou Selini
Crew

Adorable Abductee

Raganui Minamoto rolled 5 10-sided dice: 10, 4, 3, 8, 2 Total: 27 (5-50)

Raganui Minamoto

Distinct Prophet

PostPosted: Fri Oct 28, 2016 5:53 pm
As time marched, he'd shift from flowers or such to the earth itself. Usable stone, metal, gems.

Perception/Lore: Geology - 3k2
Result - 22  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 16, 2016 12:35 am
Paidi tou Selini

Aneksi has yet again found enough rabbit to sustain the meat eating members of this vanguard with another day's food. However......
Rain Yupa

Husband does indeed see the shape of a great raptor flying high in the air! He also does notice that the creature's attentions do seem to be towards Wife! As Husband moves to warn wife of the nefarious airborne creature, it descends in a flash towards Aneksi and .....scoops up the rabbit she was about to shoot and deposits the carcass at Jinyu-Zhe's feet! The sparrow hawk then flies over to a nearby tree.

raganui minamoto

The Yoritomo keeps his eyes to the ground and searches diligently for matters geological and then misses all of the flying shenanigans. Without looking too much further, Your knowledge of various processes tell you that there may have been a mine here at one point before the Destroyers ruined the land. You think you see flecks of some low grade decorative gem in the ground where a cart looks to have been overturned.

mongooseh

Glory Sieg

You two just chill in the wagon for now. You get the feeling you *might* be missing something but.....*shrugs*  

Plainsfox

Romantic Paladin

10,600 Points
  • Battle Hardened 150
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Bunny Hunter 100

Raganui Minamoto

Distinct Prophet

PostPosted: Sat Dec 17, 2016 11:46 pm
He'd take some time to see if he could easily retrieve some of the gems (would not hurt for a better look), making note of the location of the mining operation. If it still bore fruit, so to speak, then it may be worth looking into reopening it.

"Hmm, useful, useful..."  
[L5R 4e] Desert Winds

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... 20 21 22 23 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces