Welcome to Gaia! ::

Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry Roleplay Guild

Back to Guilds

A school of magic, based on J.K. Rowling's books. In need of Professors and Students! Join Now for the February - May year! 

Tags: Harry Potter, Hogwarts, Hogsmeade, J.K. Rowling, Roleplay 

Reply First Year Classes
Flying ~ Lesson 1/3 (Open 11/22) Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

murruelecreuset
Crew

Beloved Vampire

9,900 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Waffles! 25
  • Team Jacob 100
PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2018 8:18 pm
New Year 2042 - 2043

PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2018 8:19 pm
Professor Landon Price
Muggleborn Former Hufflepuff
Professor of Flying (1st to 3rd Year)

User ImageUser Image
                                    Location: Class (on the pitch) - Thursday @ 9:00am

Landon walked onto the field for his second class of the year. He was looking forward to meeting all the first years. He wanted to leave them with a lasting impression and hopefully he'd have some enjoyable students that would want to continue into the advanced classes. As the first year students started to come onto the field Landon smiled. "Good morning everyone, I hope you’re enjoying Hogwarts so far. I'm Professor Price and I'll be your flying instructor for the year and for those who wish to continue on into the advanced flying classes." he told them brightly. "Before we get into introductions I'd like to inform you about some class rules. Don't worry they aren't that bad. All I ask of you is to come prepared and on time for class. Listen to instruction and no horsing around. If I say I want your feel to stay on the ground I expect you do is. The last thing I want is someone getting hurt and I'm sure you don't want that either." He said looking over the sea of students. "Lastly wands aren't needed so they can remain in your bags. Aside from that have fun and try your best. I assure you, that your hard work and effort will pay off." Landon added with a smile.

"Now, as I have each of you come over and grab a broom I’d like you to introduce yourselves. I'd like you to tell me your names, houses, and something interesting about yourself." Landon instructed.

Company: First Years

OOC: ---

murruelecreuset
Crew

Beloved Vampire

9,900 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Waffles! 25
  • Team Jacob 100

CatWaffle
Crew

Questionable Waffles

9,225 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100
PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2018 9:18 pm
User Image

Once I rose above the noise and confusion
                                                              Just to get a glimpse beyond the illusion
                                                              I was soaring ever higher, but I flew too high
                                                              Though my eyes could see I still was a blind man
                                                              Though my mind could think I still was a mad man

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Vinny was unsure about this class. Flying sounded like an absolute blast, but he usully stuck out like a sore thumb and he wasn't all use to it yet. Aeryn helped him though. She was more a go get'm rebel than he was but he was happy with the sidekick role. He preferred it honestly. Joining the first years he grabbed a broom. "I'm Vincent Cloutier, I usully just go with Vinny. I'm in Slytherin and umm.. interesting thing about me? Well I'm sure obvious but I'm really really tall..." Vinny said starting strong but faltering near the end. He hoped that work.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Masquerading as a man with a reason
                                                                            My charade is the event of the season
                                                                            And if I claim to be a wise man
                                                                            It surely means that I don't know
                                                                            On a stormy sea of moving emotion
                                                                            Tossed about I'm like a ship on the ocean

PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2018 11:01 pm
The sky we’re looking at today

♪♫ Sonora Li
first year || Ravenclaw || halfblood

Sonora raced through a light breakfast that day and was outside on the Quidditch Pitch as soon as she could--and well before Flying Class started. She busied herself with reading her Transfiguration textbook for later in the day, but the moment Professor Price showed up, she stowed book and wand in bag and bag to the side of the practice space.

It wasn't until she was standing in front of a broom that she realized she knew nothing about flying. She had no stories from her mom or grandparents about this, only her own dreams of chasing birds through the open sky.

This couldn't deter her. She just had to find any opportunity to practice. Sonora picked up broom and joined up next to her Ravenclaw housemates. "Hello!!" She cleared her throat when her voice came out as an excited squeak and tried again, speaking faster than usual in her excitement."Hello! MynameisSonoraLi, RavenclawHouse and I like birdianos!" She flushed. "Birds and pianos," she corrected much softer.

Quote:

could be brighter tomorrow.

addaellis

shadow_the_kit

Cluttered Phantom

12,850 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Timid 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2018 3:09 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Eiji Clarke
1st Year | Half-Blood | Hufflepuff

Eiji was crazy giddy about flying class. Sure, he had had a training broom when he was younger but it was nothing like a real broom. His parents had insisted he learn how to actually fly in school and not a day before. I really hope I can convince my folks to get me a real broom now! It'd be the best ever yule present. Eiji thought in glee.

Eiji skipped happily to where the brooms were and grinned at Professor Price. He snagged a broom quickly and giggled in excitement. "I'm Eiji!" He exlaimed. "Eiji Clarke. And I'm a Puff! The most interesting thing about me is.... I'm gonna be a mangaka!"

OOC: -

When | Fall 2042
Where | Flying class
With | Fellow 1st years
Feeling | Giddy

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2018 7:08 am
User Image

You and I in a little toy shop
                                          Buy a bag of balloons with the money we've got
                                          Set them free at the break of dawn
                                          'Til one by one they were gone.

Iggy ran on to the grassy area hoping he wasn't late or make Kam who would wait on him late. Iggy arrived and grabbed a broom "I'm Iggy Hepburn and I'm in Ravenclaw!" Iggy said in his way too perky way. He and Kam were still convinced the hat was a few stitches shy of a full seam but Iggy was getting used to having to solve riddles to get to his bed. "Interesting thing? Depends on who you ask, but Kam is my twin!" He was proud of their twinness, what was cooler than being each others body double!

If I could find a souvenir
                                                              Just to prove the world was here
                                                              And here is a red balloon
                                                              I think of you, and let it go

null

CatWaffle
Crew

Questionable Waffles

9,225 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100

Stefan Lee Salvatore
Crew

Invisible Gekko

15,475 Points
  • Flatterer 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Cheerbringer 100
PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2018 5:13 pm
User Image
❃Vespera❃Salazar❃
User ImageFirst Year SlytherinUser Image
▬▬"Just as there are two sides to every story, there are two sides to every person. " ▬▬

Vespera ran to flying class, and noted several people already there. She shrugged, but was excited to be on a broom for the first time. She went and grabbed a broom, then introduced herself. "Hello, my name is Vespera Salazar, a Slytherin, and one of my favorite hobbies is poking things with a stick." As she said this softly, she then poked a student nearby her with the end of her broom, to make her point as she grinned. She looked at the other first years, and noted she had started to recognize some of their faces, which was a good thing, she hoped.

▬▬ "Within each of us is the capacity for both good and evil." ▬▬

Where:
With Whom: Slytherins
Thinking about: Classes
Vespera Description: Short 4' even, blond hair, green eyes and slight tan.
Wearing: School Uniform
OOC: If another student wishes to be the victim of Vespera's poke, feel free to react.

_____

_____

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2018 10:20 pm
Kaden "Kaycee" Cornick
first year | slytherin | muggle-born

Kaden felt a strange sense of excitement as he made his way across the wide open expanse of field towards his first flying class. He wasn't even sure why he was excited to be flying through the air - he had never done it before, and for all he knew it could be terrifying. But... It was about as opposite you could be of being cooped up or trapped, and that made him feel happy.

The young pink-headed boy was smiling brilliantly as he entered the class area, and he walked with a bit of a spring to his step as he walked forward to pick up a broom. "Hello, Professor," he said, remembering the correct term this time. "My name is Kaden Cornick, and I'm in Slytherin. Um.. I don't know if it's interesting, but I'm muggle-born," he said, grinning sheepishly. "This is my first time knowing about brooms or anything.. Before, I thought you could only fly in aeroplanes and things.."

Just then, he felt a sudden sharp jab in his ribs and he gasped aloud, clutching his side and meeting the gaze of a blonde girl he recognized as a Slytherin in his year. "Oi!" he said, angrily, his happy brows curling suddenly into a tight furrow. "What in the bloody hell was that for?!"

Stefan Lee Salvatore
murruelecreuset

xo-SkittleFairy-ox

Trickblues

PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2018 4:44 pm
User Image
JONAH LANE
RavenclawFirst YearEleven Years Old

═══════════════════XXXX═══════════════════

Jonah wasn’t really sure what to make of this whole ‘flying’ thing. He knew it was something wizards did, but he’d never actually seen anyone fly, let alone try it himself. He’d never even been on an airplane before—the closest he’d ever gotten to flight was when he would try to swing over the bars on his primary school’s swing set. That said, it wasn’t like he was scared or anything… A little nervous to get roughed up, but he figured this would be just like learning to ride a bike. No pain no gain.

He watched the other students before him and listened politely as they grabbed their brooms and introduced themselves, but he was unable to suppress his grin at Sonora’s introduction in particular. Birdianos. He loved it. Then there was Eiji, who’s mention of manga caught his attention…. He wasn’t huge on it, but he’d admit to having a series or two stashed under his bed in the dorm room. The two before him had him slightly worried about a scrap, but that was fine. Looked like his class was full of colorful characters!

When it was Jonah’s turn, he’d stepped up to the brooms and picked the first one he saw before he introduced himself. “Jonah Lane, Ravenclaw House. As for something interesting…?” He paused, mulling it over. “I like photography, and I hate mornings.”

═════════════════════════════════════════════

Status
When // Fall 2042
Where // Flying Class
With // First Years
Feeling // Mildly anxious about flying
Thinking // Birdianos.....

OOC:
Addaellis

Hm, a curious mind, an adventurous spirit!
Oh, you could do so well in so many places, my boy
Legacy or not, I see you going far
But, let's see then... I think, for you, it'll be

Ravenclaw!

PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2018 10:19 am
User Image
❃Vespera❃Salazar❃
User ImageFirst Year SlytherinUser Image
▬▬"Just as there are two sides to every story, there are two sides to every person. " ▬▬

Vespera grinned at the boy she had poked, "Cornick you were a great target for my next thing to poke, and I happened to pick up this broom, which has a stick of a handle. I was raised in the muggle world, but boy did I read bunches about flying, I think you'll enjoy it, unless you're afraid of heights." Cornick was a slytherin boy in her year, she had seen him sorted, but hadn't the chance to formally meet him.She hoped she wasn't rambling either as she continued to speak, "I hope you aren't too angry about being the first victim of many to be poked. Vespera Salazar, nice to meet you."She poked him again, before placing her broom on the ground before the professor could take points from Slytherin.

▬▬ "Within each of us is the capacity for both good and evil." ▬▬

Where: flying class
With Whom: Slytherins
Thinking about: Classes
Vespera Description: Short 4' even, blond hair, green eyes and slight tan.
Wearing: School Uniform
OOC:

SkittyGirl826

_____

Stefan Lee Salvatore
Crew

Invisible Gekko

15,475 Points
  • Flatterer 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Cheerbringer 100

CEOxJOE

PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2018 1:31 pm
User Image

Flying was something that he was surely excited about. To fly through the clouds. Students were here to learn how to properly fly and after doing so, not fall to their deaths. Alex will learn not to make any huge mistakes so he can live and not be a cripple. "I'm Alexander Mason from the Hufflepuff House. I like to enjoy the sound of music and also flying; after this class, I am going to enjoy flying so very much." Alex said with a smile of excitement.

Quote:

Quote:

PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2018 5:00 pm
Professor Landon Price
Muggleborn Former Hufflepuff
Professor of Flying (1st to 3rd Year)

User ImageUser Image
                                    Location: Class (on the pitch) - Thursday @ 9:00am

Landon had to say he certainly had a good group of students based on what they had to say. "I can assure you Kaden I was the same as you when I was your age." He told the Slytherin boy when he mentioned being muggleborn. It reminded him of when he wanted to fly airplanes as a child. Such fond memories.

Once everyone got there brooms, Landon got to addressing the class. “Now time to settle down everyone. It is nice to meet all of you.” He said to grab their attention back to him. “So to start the class off we’re going to work on the basic command to fly any broom, the up command. To do that, we’re going to start by laying each of your brooms on the ground.” He instructed doing so himself.

"Now standing next to your brooms, hold your right hand above the broom and say up. Make sure to say it clearly and with feeling behind it." Landon told them before saying it clearly like he meant it. "Up.” He said catching the broom as it came up to his hand. “You want to say it and mean it." Landon added knowing flying wasn’t for everyone and fear tended to make getting a broom to listen more difficult.

Company: First Years

OOC: ---

murruelecreuset
Crew

Beloved Vampire

9,900 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Waffles! 25
  • Team Jacob 100

addaellis

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2018 3:49 pm
The sky we’re looking at today

♪♫ Sonora Li
first year || Ravenclaw || halfblood

Sonora was a little disappointed that their first task was simply going to be calling the broom to their hands, but Professor Price had called it a basic command to flying and promised their work would pay off. She was no one to question it. As soon as he was finished, she set her broom on the ground and stood over it, mimicking the professor's stance and hand position.

"Up!" she yelped as soon as they started practicing. Her broom hopped a foot off the ground, more like it was jumping than flying, and definitely not as effortlessly as Professor Price had made it seem. Aha. So you shall be my first challenge to flying...

"Up." This time the broom merely rolled around. Again, with authority: "Up!" Another jump, a little better than before, but still skittish.

It took her several more tries before the broom leapt high enough to catch. With a quick glance around to make sure she still had time, she set the broom down and resumed practicing simply calling the broom to hand.
”QUOTING”

could be brighter tomorrow.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2018 5:33 pm
User Image
JONAH LANE
RavenclawFirst YearEleven Years OldReserve Beater

═══════════════════XXXX═══════════════════

‘Say it and mean it, say it and mean it…’ Jonah chanted internally as he lay his broom in the grass as instructed. He stood straight, extended his hand, and…. “Up.”

The broom shook and hopped to knee level before dropping again. “Hm…” ‘Okay, maybe more… Focus?’ He closed his eyes and took a deep breath before looking straight ahead and trying again with a more authoritative tone. “Up!”

Jonah’s eyes widened as the broom flew up into his hand on the second try. A slow grin tugged at his lips as he tried his best to contain his excitement. He wanted to jump up and down and cheer, but there was no way he was about to disrupt his classmates' focus. He would be content with the quiet victory for now.

═════════════════════════════════════════════

Status
When // Fall 2042
Where // Flying
With // First Years
Feeling // Excited
Thinking // I did it?! I did it!

OOC:
Natural flyer trait coming into play aw yeeeaahhh

Username

Hm, a curious mind, an adventurous spirit!
Oh, you could do so well in so many places, my boy
Legacy or not, I see you going far
But, let's see then... I think, for you, it'll be

Ravenclaw!

Trickblues

shadow_the_kit

Cluttered Phantom

12,850 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Timid 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2018 2:07 pm

Eiji Clarke
1st Year | Half-Blood | Hufflepuff

Eiji titled his head as he listened to the professor's instructions. He quickly but gently set his broom on the ground. He had heard the school brooms were a little old, he definitely didn't want to hurt the broom if that was true. I wonder if I could volunteer to help with broom maintenance. Eiji thought while staring at his borrowed broom. It can't be much different from the maintenance on my training broom. Plus I'm sure these brooms take a beating with the Quidditch teams. They could probably use some love and care. Eiji grinned. He would have to ask the professor after class about it.

Eiji took a post right next to his broom with his left hand hovering over it. He took a deep breath and focused on the broom. He thought solely of wanting the broom in hand to fly. "Up." He ordered the broom in a calm voice. Eiji let out a loud whoop when the broom intermediately shot up into his hand. Albeit, he nearly dropped the broom again in his excitement. Eiji grinned in embarrassment and scratched his cheek.

OOC: -

When | Fall 2042
Where | Flying class
With | 1st years
Feeling | Giddy

First Year Classes

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items