Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Back to Guilds

A Dungeons & Dragons Roleplaying Guild - We have many active games, join requests are checked often, and everyone is accepted. 

Tags: Dungeons, Dragons, Roleplaying, Dungeons and Dragons 

Reply The Dungeons & Dragons Guild
D&D 4e - The Earth's Upheaval - Recruitment Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

PostPosted: Sat Sep 30, 2017 10:41 pm
Psychofish
Mechanically, Lin Shi, human rogue, is finished. I'll write in the story and personal details in the morning.

You start at 1000 xp.

You forgot your human +1 to F/R/W.

Your armor bonus is 2 and you should have +1 ENH to armor (rather than adding the two bonuses together).

No Improved Initiative? Worst Rogue Ever.

You need to select a Rogue Tactics build.

Nice use of Multiclass feat.

Melee training was errata'd to only add half the ability score to damage, rather than full amount. So you'll have +2 more to hit with MBAs, but the damage is currently the same.

Are you sure about Psychokinetic Weapon for your dagger? You can make ranged basic attacks with it ANYWAYS, and being magic, it returns to your hand. This confers no benefit over a +1 magic dagger, save for slightly higher critical damage.

Fleeting Ghost

Everything else seems in order, beyond missing background info. The big thing is the Rogue Tactics and human defense bonuses, so Imma add you to the roster now. Most other things are minor.  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 30, 2017 10:45 pm
Iamnotsuicidesoldier1
Rain Yupa
Iamnotsuicidesoldier1
burning_eyes

Maybe a beserker, herm...

There's, er... there's quite a bit wrong with this. I'm not even going to fully go into it. At a glance, you're a paladin with barbarian powers, have paragon-level feat progression, and are a Dark Sun specific race which isn't permitted without permission sweatdrop

The idea is just to reflavor the beserker as a paladin since I can't be the hybrid cleric thingy I wanted.

Also the feats were just to plan it all in advance. The Thri-keen thing is true though, which means I'd switch to a half-orc. A fully formed character sheet would probably whittle down to just now.

I like to try to plan the characters out really far in advance so I'll know if the build works or not. The other option is just a paladin.

As of right now, all the slots are filled. You never really cleaned up any character sheet to standard, so I'm sorry sweatdrop If any of the others decide not to play, and you complete a sheet, you will have first priority to replace them.  

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

Psychofish

Dedicated Loiterer

PostPosted: Sat Sep 30, 2017 11:47 pm
Rain Yupa

You start at 1000 xp. You forgot your human +1 to F/R/W. Your armor bonus is 2 and you should have +1 ENH to armor (rather than adding the two bonuses together).
Fixed.
Quote:

Only get to go first once.
Quote:
Artful Dodger was already on the sheet- do you want me to put "Rogue Tactics:" in front of it for clarity sake?
Quote:
Nice use of Multiclass feat.
Thanks. Primary purpose is flavor and the Paragon Path that might conceivably happen some day.

Quote:
Melee training was errata'd to only add half the ability score to damage, rather than full amount. So you'll have +2 more to hit with MBAs, but the damage is currently the same.
I might change that out for something then. Maybe to NOT BE THE WORST ROGUE EVAR. D:

Quote:
Are you sure about Psychokinetic Weapon for your dagger? You can make ranged basic attacks with it ANYWAYS, and being magic, it returns to your hand. This confers no benefit over a +1 magic dagger, save for slightly higher critical damage.
You are correct, I discussed this in the chat after throwing was clarified, but I forgot to update the dagger. It is now a Quicksilver Dagger to help me NOT BE THE WORST ROGUE EVAR D:

...now I will have to do my best to make this happen. I lol'ed a little.

Quote:
Everything else seems in order, beyond missing background info. The big thing is the Rogue Tactics and human defense bonuses, so Imma add you to the roster now. Most other things are minor.
I knew my basic story, just hadn't had time to focus to write. I put in a background and the skill bonus.  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 30, 2017 11:50 pm
SCN_ Grey_fox
Rain Yupa
... what? ^-^' What are you trying to transfer to?
I misread Plainfox statement, on giving the Kitty Flail back to Thork.

I was going to transfer Thundering to a 3-headed flail, instead of keeping it on the heavy flail... + to hit, has a better appeal to me, than +'s to damage...

I was wondering if I could do that and by a magic [insert throwing weapon name here], I just can't find the ritual for transfering enchantments.

Edit: nevermind, ready for audit

Your experience is a bit off. Check the Orb of Kendar experience log for a rundown of where you should be at sweatdrop

Armor should be reducing your speed by 1.

You indicate a +1 ENH bonus to your attack, but I see no magic weapon?

I'm not sure if your equipment checks out. I see level 1 woundstitch poweder (360gp), Symbol of Divinity (520gp), Plate Armor (50gp), Heavy Shield (10gp), Triple Headed Flail (15gp). Thork 1.0 had a glaive, hide armor, and 30+600 gp+1 magic item of level 3 (sells for 136gp). Can you give me a rundown for the transition?  

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

PostPosted: Sun Oct 01, 2017 12:13 am
Psychofish
Quote:

Only get to go first once.

Per battle.

Quote:
Quote:
Artful Dodger was already on the sheet- do you want me to put "Rogue Tactics:" in front of it for clarity sake?

Nah, I misread it as 2 class features on 2 lines, rather than 4 class features on 4 half-lines. Sorry 'bout that.

Awaiting that background, but seems in order now smile  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 01, 2017 2:46 am
Ok, I have both my Ranger and Avenger updated for the game. Which would you guys prefer to have along?

Here are their sheets.

Tawny Tonson

Yvette Entoise

Please forgive the background writing for Yvette. It was written a long time ago at a time were I tried to be more uh...flowery with my words.  

Kowsauni
Crew

Psychofish

Dedicated Loiterer

PostPosted: Sun Oct 01, 2017 8:23 am
You seem to have more written up for Yvette, which is usually promising I figure, but it's not a sure thing that you've got the character more developed, or enjoy her more- I'd go with whatever you think you'll have fun with. Between the wizard and my ability to throw at 5 and 10 foot range, we're not without range, and while we might be a bit more melee centric atm a rogue always loves another chance to flank something.

Also, Shi's background is filled out and her feat has been changed to Weapon Expertise (which should be changed for Versatile Expertise if we ever hit paragon, and I remember). I'll get more in her mannerisms/etc later, but she's basically a cross of your typical flashy charisma rogue and a kung-fu movie monk.  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 01, 2017 8:31 am
You haven't seen Tawny's helmet tho  

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

SCN_ Grey_fox
Crew

PostPosted: Sun Oct 01, 2017 9:47 am
Rain Yupa

I'm not sure if your equipment checks out. I see level 1 woundstitch poweder (360gp), Symbol of Divinity (520gp), Plate Armor (50gp), Heavy Shield (10gp), Triple Headed Flail (15gp). Thork 1.0 had a glaive, hide armor, and 30+600 gp+1 magic item of level 3 (sells for 136gp). Can you give me a rundown for the transition?

Aquired by mysterious forces
-Woundstitch powder (level 1 magic item)
-Symbol of Divinity (Level 2 magic item...being Butt-scratcher was sold...Otherwise this would have been Dwarven Armor)

Bought:
-Plate Armor
-Heavy Shield
-3-headed flail (didn't know if Plainsfox would give Kitty Flail back...)
-Adventure Kit
-Single use of Transfer Enchantment: Kitty flail to Kitten Flail

PHB says that mundane items doesn't sell, so.....
Lose
-Hide armor
-Glaive  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 01, 2017 10:31 am
SCN_ Grey_fox
Rain Yupa

Aquired by mysterious forces
-Woundstitch powder (level 1 magic item)
-Symbol of Divinity (Level 2 magic item...being Butt-scratcher was sold...Otherwise this would have been Dwarven Armor)

Bought:
-Plate Armor
-Heavy Shield
-3-headed flail (didn't know if Plainsfox would give Kitty Flail back...)
-Adventure Kit
-Single use of Transfer Enchantment: Kitty flail to Kitten Flail

PHB says that mundane items doesn't sell, so.....
Lose
-Hide armor
-Glaive

The level 1-and-2 items are for brand new characters just starting. Thork doesn't gain them sweatdrop He has the potential of coming in with 1+ level 3 magic items, and enough gold to buy at least one more item, and is ahead in experience.

Last I saw, Aelgeirr had the Thundering Heavy Flail on his character sheet, so we kind of really need to figure out how items are divvied up. From my understanding:

Ambra took the cloth armor and left.
Mercy got nothing.
Aelgeirr sold the holy symbol.
Aelgeiir and Thork are doing a tug-of-war over the flail.
The cloak is left in someone's inn room, forgotten.

Also, I'm fine you selling mundane junk at 1/5 market value. Usually it's just a couple silver pieces each, though, as far as weapons go anyways.  

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

PostPosted: Sun Oct 01, 2017 10:45 am
As a note, that when this starts, a world-house-rule I'm going to start enforcing, is that depending on the level of the settlement, generally only "Magic" weapons/armor is sold. Characters at higher levels just starting get the level+1, level, level-1 as normal because that's equipment they earned while adventuring. I'm allowing unrestricted purchasing for Thork and Aelgeirr (and Ambra if she had stayed), but after this you won't be able to just 'buy' anything you want.

A village might be lucky to have two to three +1 Magic items.
A small town might have about a dozen +1 Magic items, and maybe a unique level 2-5 +1 item.
A large town might have a single +1 Magic item of any type, one or two +2 Magic items, and about half a dozen level 2-5 +1 items. Clearwell is a Large Town.
A small city will probably have a large amount of +1 Magic items of every type, and each shop will probably half around half a dozen level 2-5 +1 items, about the same number of +2 level 7-10 magic items, and the odd +3 Magic item. Coppersledge is a Small City.
A large city will have the above, plus a high-end store catering to Paragon adventurers with +3 Magic items and a couple +4 Magic items, with a handful of level 12-15 +3 Magic items.

This way, if you guys really want a particular specific item, take the Enchant Item ritual because that's why it exists.

I think that this is a better, more accurate view of D&D economy with magic items, and it's what I will be enforcing going forward smile I'll probably make some tables in an excel sheet during my upcoming vacation 0to better randomize what items will pop up.  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 01, 2017 10:59 am
I always say, play what you want even if it would leave the group lacking in something. But, I can understand being indecisive, as you seen how many came before Ruin, I am going to side with Tawny(because, War and Peace was never completed...)

That said, every time I see a drow, or any race with dark vision, I am half expecting that person to play that character similar to Riddick... ninja  

SCN_ Grey_fox
Crew

Psychofish

Dedicated Loiterer

PostPosted: Sun Oct 01, 2017 11:00 am
Rain Yupa
You haven't seen Tawny's helmet tho
"This is a Helmet"?  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 01, 2017 11:20 am
Rain Yupa

The level 1-and-2 items are for brand new characters just starting. Thork doesn't gain them sweatdrop He has the potential of coming in with 1+ level 3 magic items, and enough gold to buy at least one more item, and is ahead in experience.

Last I saw, Aelgeirr had the Thundering Heavy Flail on his character sheet, so we kind of really need to figure out how items are divvied up. From my understanding:

Ambra took the cloth armor and left.
Mercy got nothing.
Aelgeirr sold the holy symbol.
Aelgeiir and Thork are doing a tug-of-war over the flail.
The cloak is left in someone's inn room, forgotten.

Also, I'm fine you selling mundane junk at 1/5 market value. Usually it's just a couple silver pieces each, though, as far as weapons go anyways.

Aelgeirr can keep the flail if he wants, if he doesn't Thork will keep it as is, I don't mind if Thork is 'underpowered' equipment wise and technically none of Thork's powers are implement based, so he could just paint an upside-down version of Kord's symbol. lol.. More money for Thork, and Thork will smash thief first if gold vanishes.

updated; no thundering flail, along with the transfer enchantment that followed and bought a simple 10gp holy symbol. bringing gold to 530  

SCN_ Grey_fox
Crew

Plainsfox

Romantic Paladin

10,600 Points
  • Battle Hardened 150
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Bunny Hunter 100
PostPosted: Sun Oct 01, 2017 4:14 pm
You may as well take the cloak for Thork. Oy the fun of post party treasure splits ><  
The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff