Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Back to Guilds

A Dungeons & Dragons Roleplaying Guild - We have many active games, join requests are checked often, and everyone is accepted. 

Tags: Dungeons, Dragons, Roleplaying, Dungeons and Dragons 

Reply [D&D 4e] Glimmers in the Dark
Arc 3 - Glimmers in the Dark (Main Roleplay) Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... 99 100 101 102 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

SCN_ Grey_fox
Crew

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2018 9:40 am
“All an evil needs for victory is for those of a good heart to do nothing.” Ruin voiced the common quote before adding a shrug. “I am not saying, I am good, by any stretching of the word. But, I don’t think the next generation should bare this yoke. If you have ever watched a young child grow, you may understand what I mean.”

“Besides, I don’t plan on dying.” He said with a motion to Tristan’s Tonics. “But, I could say the same to you. You are in a closer position for the rabbit hunters to point their bows and spears.”  
PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2018 1:47 pm
Valac would answer Revenges query with a cruel, sadistic grin, "Course, you've been cruel with your leash and kept this War dog cooped up too long. I need more things to sink my teeth into than trees."  

Mongooseh

Distinct Raider

8,825 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Guildmember 100
  • Hellraiser 500

Kowsauni
Crew

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2018 9:28 pm
Tristan

User Image

Tristan would shrug his shoulders himself. "I'm useful to them and they are useful to me, as long as that stays the status quo I don't see the nature of our relationship changing." Tristan would pocket the gold from the transaction and move on to addressing another customer. with his business done Ruin can see Valac and Revegne talking with an unidentified human outside a nearby building in the fort courtyard.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Augmahl would shake his head again. "I...I don't know. It was an army like we had never seen before. It was as if all evil creatures in the underdark had banded together with a united goal to take the surface. How that came to be I cant even imagine but the point is it did and...I fear the worst for our village. The path to the surface laid right through our village. We were always able to fend off the occasional drow raid or the intrusion of some evil monster. This...this...I just don't know."  
SCN_ Grey_fox rolled 1 20-sided dice: 13 Total: 13 (1-20)
PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2018 10:35 pm
Taking a moment to pack all, but the new healing potions. Ruin would walk to his two companions. “I can’t hold anymore in my pack, can you two hold these?” he spoke as he held out a potion for the other two teiflings(Because Rain likes it, Bluff 28 )

From a prep stance, it would be simpler to heal in an emergency scenario if everyone had a potion in the sleeve than wait on a god, dark entity or luck. But, truthfully, Ruin just didn’t want to report back that anyone had died... call him selfish.

"Viaus Mizviir, or Ruin if you prefer. Did I hear right you are coming along too?" Extending his hand to the much larger human  

SCN_ Grey_fox
Crew

Psychofish

Dedicated Loiterer

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2018 7:00 am
He laughed amiably, seeming no less comfortable with Valac's eagerness than Revenge's even headed explanation. Though it was that he had a response for, with a small, gruff laugh. "I have my orders, and maybe a town. Bring a full battalion down on us, and I might have to praise your valor while I slink off- but shy of that, I too would rather leave none to report us to their masters than avoid them. We shan't be expecting any backup, though, unless you have a great deal more friends coming?"

It seemed Ilikan would get his answer quickly, quickly glancing over the tiefling before taking his hand firmly.

"Aye, looks like it. Ilikan."

He was used to motley crews, but with the three tieflings it almost felt like he or the goliath should be some kind of punchline.

(Adding something for Ruin, jammed this in quick before work and hadn't read that yet the first time.)  
Rain Yupa rolled 1 20-sided dice: 14 Total: 14 (1-20)
PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2018 11:46 am
SCN_ Grey_fox
(Because Rain likes it, Bluff 28 )

( heart And 24 insight to contest)

"He, ah... he means a proverbial leash. Not... I have a wife," Revenge started to explain, when Ruin walked up.

"Hm? Oh, if you would like," he would say, putting the potion into a belt pouch. ((Character sheet updated)) "Just let me know when you need it back."

He would turn back to Ilikan. "Well, by the looks of things when we arrived, I think we are the back-up. I don't think it's prudent to expect anyone to come bail us out if we get in over our heads. Though I'm a paladin of a tactful goddess, so I have no qualms against plans of things other than walking up to the enemy's main camp armed with a blade and righteous indignation."

A thoughtful pause.

"Two questions, friend Ilikan. First, how is your lay of the land in the direction we will be traveling? I'm sure Kuori can guide us, but someone who's been here more recently would also provide keen insight. And the second... sorry if this seems tangential, but from nation do you hail from?"  

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

Mongooseh

Distinct Raider

8,825 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Guildmember 100
  • Hellraiser 500
PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2018 2:48 pm
Rain Yupa

"I have no qualms against plans of things other than walking up to the enemy's main camp armed with a blade and righteous indignation."

Valac would chime in eagerly, "Seems like a fine plan to me. Direct, simple, the enemy won't see it coming."  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2018 8:34 pm
Kuori kisses her brother on the head, "Get some rest. We'll go figure out whats happening at home and salvage what we can."  

PupSage

Dapper Dog

20,850 Points
  • Beta Critic 0
  • Object of Affection 150
  • 50 Wins 150

SCN_ Grey_fox
Crew

PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2018 10:43 pm
“I will take the empty jar back after you can’t use the touchie feelie thing you do and you think you won’t see her again” The finished truthfully, before allowing the three to continue their conversation.

“ungh...” Ruin knew better than to go against a Barbarian’s thoughts of glory, but he faintly remembered someone running away from such a direct and simple plan. True it wasn’t the main camp, per se, but if he would have seen what lay just beyond that portal.

"Anyway, Ilykian, You want to hold one?” Ruin said, offering the last tonic to the human.  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2018 12:54 am
Ilikan smiled broadly, taking his time in answering Revenge. "Above, much rough and broken from the battle. Below, I have precious little knowledge of. I'd been coming to see if your companion's relative could provide me with enough direction to set out."

The human stopped, raising a curious eyebrow at Ruin, but accepting the potion with a gracious nod and took it to stow.

"As for your second, Tebrye. But you're right, it's not where the name I wear hails from. That was given to me later. Always been more a man of the world, anyway."  

Psychofish

Dedicated Loiterer

Kowsauni
Crew

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2018 9:36 pm
After Kuroi kisses her brother on the forehead he reaches into his pocket and pulls out a folded piece of paper. He hands it to her and explains. "Here, this is a map I drew of where....Gautham fell. Once I was rescued I drew this in hopes of going back to retrieve him once I was healthy. It's a bit rough but it shroud be able to guide you to at least the general area of where he should be. I...I wish I could come along... Please be careful out there. I don't know how much family we have left. I don't think i could stand to lose another."  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2018 6:56 am
"I will try to come back here, or at least send word when we are done." She will take the map and and put it into her coin purse. Giving a final solemn nod before walking out, stopping momentarily to dry her face. As she walks out she looks at the new face, "If you are here to see Augmahl, he is resting." Her voice is stern, but for the first time since they enter the fort, she holsters her weapon.  

PupSage

Dapper Dog

20,850 Points
  • Beta Critic 0
  • 50 Wins 150

Psychofish

Dedicated Loiterer

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2018 10:03 pm
The warden looked up at the goliath, lazy half smile hanging around yet as he gave her a nod. "Aye, good. I gathered you might also be able to guide the way to Lightlost, find out what they're in need of."  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2018 11:21 pm
"Kuori, Ilikan. Ilikan, Kuori," Revenge would say, offering a brief introduction to both warriors.

"Ilikan here is heading the same direction as us. I'm not sure of his capabilities, but an extra pair of eyes and ears probably won't hurt. Assuming the gear isn't for show, that is," he mused briefly. "Your journey is under orders, I presume, so someone's got to have faith in your abilities," he'd add, addressing the human.

Turning to Kuori, he'd ask, "Is there anything I can do before we depart?"  

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

PupSage

Dapper Dog

20,850 Points
  • Beta Critic 0
  • 50 Wins 150
PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2018 5:44 am
She shakes her head, "Not here, but when we get down there I need to make a small detour. I have a brother that needs to be laid to rest." She looks to the new face, "Ilikan was it? I don't mind you tagging along, we are going to be heading to my tribe's city anyways. Two rules when we are down there, don't wander off alone, and don't touch anything that isn't yours. Its not quite the Underdark, but things tend to creep in from those parts, flora and fauna alike. Some of it, like ormu, will help us out, but things like torchstalk could kill us all. So if you need help seeing in the dark, get a sun rod. I've got a fair amount with me, so we should be good there, and the nightlights will be there too, but for the love of the Gods, no open flames and don't put anything in your mouth that I haven't gotten a look at." She'll look to the others, "Two hours, we meet at the gate. Not that there is a lot to go around here supply wise, but I figure, I will go talk with Ilikan's boss here and see what we can negotiate getting, be it information or otherwise. Apparently the Aberations have decided to befriend the Drow, and that means that there is some cosmic entity level bullshit going on in the Underdark. We are sitting on a powder keg with a lit match, and counting the hours. Its not in our best interest to leave without letting these folks know how royally screwed they could be."  
[D&D 4e] Glimmers in the Dark

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... 99 100 101 102 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff