Welcome to Gaia! ::

Echoes of Pern [Closed]

Back to Guilds

A Dragonriders of Pern B/C RP 

Tags: Pern, Dragons, Dragonriders, Role-Play, Fantasy 

Reply [IC RP] The Hatching Grounds
[Zenobiath's Touching] Breath of the Wind [Open!] Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

SilverLutz

Offensive Hero

PostPosted: Wed Dec 25, 2019 8:25 pm
Rundanrul - Western

To say Rundanrul was shocked by the reply was an understatement. He was downright offended. To suggest he wasn’t great meant the dragon inside clearly didn’t know greatness at all. He withdrew his hand without another thought towards the egg, quietly stewing as he moved from the clutch for a few moments. Honestly, the only way he might consider the Lump of Coal egg to be redeemable in any way would be if it hatched into a gold, but even then Rundanrul would still feel slighted.

After calming himself a bit, Rundanrul moved on to the Ding Dong Bel Egg. He pressed a hand to the shell and let out a slow breath through his nose as he reached out to the dragon.

And how are you finding this Touching? So far your siblings have been rather distant and uninterested.

---

Versha - HR

Vera was almost bowled over with how enthusiastic the egg was with its reply and it drew a genuine smile to her lips. Oh, wasn’t that interesting! She’d had adult dragons speak to her before but it was certainly different for an unbonded, unhatched dragon to reach into her mind. She could tell Veri had received a similar reply and it was with a soft ‘oh!’ that she pulled her hand back, the egg wiggling itself right into the sand. Whoops!

She stood after making sure nothing was amiss and had to move quickly to keep up with her sister. She reached out to brush her fingers over Veri’s to let her know she was behind her, and soon they reached the next egg to touch. Vera crouched beside the Holly Egg and once again pressed her palm to the shell just as Veri did.

And hello to you, little one! This is a big day for all three of us. This is my sister and my first Touching and you’re the star of the show! It must be nice to get so much attention.

Hattaki

PostPosted: Wed Dec 25, 2019 9:31 pm
Alumet of Gold Zenobiath

Zenobiath had already been at attention, as one of her eggs seemed a bit distressed, as though it had been bemoaning the state of the candidates. She'd been sending it kind love. It would be well, little one. Mother knew there had to be at least ONE appropriate candidate amongst them. After all, she'd found one, hadn't she? Ding Dong had all of mother's support and reassurance. Then, one Candidate's thoughts had the MISFORTUNE of meeting the Gold's mind.

Red flashed in to violet, and Zenobiath's head turned, and Miela would suddenly find herself faced with a great golden head, and whirling eyes. The violet was for her children. The red was SOLELY for the girl. How dare you. Arrogant, Pompous? My children ALL have a right to feel, and think of you, as they please. YOU on the other hand have a duty to uphold. One that does not involve disparaging my unborn little ones. Her voice held all the warning, her eyes not leaving Miela. If you are here only for power, you are thinking about dragons all wrong. Child, remember. You are here for them. Not the other way around. These little ones are of a proud and strong line. Not a one of them is anything but as they are meant to be, and I would thank you not to think of any of them as weak again.

Hattaki

TheWishling

Feral Phantom

12,375 Points
  • Elysium's Gatekeeper 100
  • Battle: Rogue 100
  • Generous 100

TheWishling

Feral Phantom

12,375 Points
  • Elysium's Gatekeeper 100
  • Generous 100
PostPosted: Wed Dec 25, 2019 9:43 pm
Candidate Rhys - He/Him - HR
Having the egg lean in to his hand was a terribly pleasant shock, and Rhys offered nothing but an open mind. the Rudolph Egg was free to look around as it pleased! He appreciated the support, and was grateful for the interest. He knew so many things, after all, he loved to read, and study, all about the world the little egg would be coming in to.

Candidate Brenva - She/Her - HR

That was more than fair. Brenva thought. The egg had a point. Opening her mind, she offered the infant a look, whatever it wanted to see. You're allowed to be whatever you want to be. Happy, Sad, we all have thoughts and emotions, and not all one way. I'm living proof of that. Snowflake was a good egg, with good points.

Candidate Eyriean - They/Them - HR

That was....a VERY nice egg. The feeling of confidence was welcome, and they were back on their feet, moving over to the Christmas Tree Egg. Their own head was full of thoughts of home, of Tannercraft. It was a fond thought, of family, and of the warm smells of leather. Hopefully, the egg liked such thoughts!  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 25, 2019 9:46 pm
C'ryn of Bronze Aresoth

Aresoth's attentions had been flitting back and forth over the different eggs, just keeping a watch on temperaments and to make sure that no one was getting bothered. At first his attention had been drawn to the Lump of Coal Egg as it seemed to bemoan all of the candidates who were touching it. This changed when a young man had finally approached that the egg seemed to deem worthy. Just as quick the bronze's attention shifted to Ding Dong Egg as it had called out to him and Zenobiath, crying out about the quality of the candidates among them.

You will find those worthy, little one. Just because there are some who believe themselves above all of this.... His eyes had changed to adding red to the whirling violet as Zenobiath's did, shooting the female candidate a glance before forgetting about her completely, Zenobiath had that under control. There are others here who understand this better then some it seems. I had hoped the Candidatemaster's would have seen it drilled into them better.

Finishing the soothing thoughts to the egg Aresoth turned his attention to both Sinrunth and Minimunth for a moment. I will be keeping an eye upon the one Zenobiath just reprimanded...You should as well... His words to them was colder, with a harsh edge to it. Perhaps because he had thought better of them, where they not supposed to repeat Gr'del's mistakes from the previous touching and hatchings?

Uta
If this goes over the line please tell me. He isn't doing anything but just speaking his mind on certain things and trying to help the egg. Zenobiath is in control of everything else.

houllow
To Minimunth

BastetAmun

Feral Hunter

9,200 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Trick or Treat 100

Cheri

Vice Captain

Interstellar Pirate

PostPosted: Wed Dec 25, 2019 10:03 pm

Excuse me, Zinath said lightly, with all of the gentility of a golden queen, You are in error. You may recall how your own rider behaved at your own Touching and Hatching. I certainly do. I was told by Siriath of how upset your C'ryn made you. Indeed, how he remained at Elzebuth's side until your golden sister had to intervene on your behalf. You might remember before your judge others that every Candidate is well drilled before they are allowed to touch an egg. However, sadly we have no control over what they do beyond that point. Just as Siriath could not control Yours.

If the hole that A'ral was glaring into C'ryn's back was any indication, the Western Candidatemaster did not appreciate someone else disparaging his father's training abilities. Whatever their differences might be, there was no denying that F'dral was an effective teacher. No offense, of course, is intended... but we simply cannot continue to replace Candidatemasters when the much less important and poorly behaved Candidates are at fault. This was his clutch, and Zinath respected that, but this, the teaching of young ones, was hers.

BastetAmun

PostPosted: Thu Dec 26, 2019 9:12 am
Zelaya—She/her/they/them
She felt a small flush of joy as the egg responded positively. It always did her heart good to know that she had one as she ought, and was being right and proper. Of course the egg was worthy of praise and care and admiration—it, and they all—were the future saviors of Pern. They would burn thread and save lives, be the heroes of the whole world, loved and held up as paragons of order and hope. She did admire the egg, letting her soft adoration flow into it for a moment ore before moving on after a final touch. The rule was to move on, not linger, and surely, she felt, the egg would understand.

She turned where she stood and espied another of the eggs bundled close—Lump of Coal. It was much smaller than the Starry egg, but she made no mind. The past had shown that egg size did not determine the color of the dragonet, and moreover, all dragons were worthy of respect, of wonder, and of having every choice afforded to them from the pool of candidates. Happily she submitted herself to the egg's inspection. Hello, precious egg. Have all the look you like, she doesn't mind.

Finnisa—She/her
Such a sweet, reinvigorating response! Finnisa truly did feel cheered by the Candy Cane Egg, and she gave it a soft smile, lightly scritching at the shell, patting it with fondness. Thank you, lovely egg—she'd definitely remember this one! And maybe thinking of it that way, it'd be better. She really was happy for her sister of course... She was just a little jealous too, and, well. Embarrassed. But the egg had been very nice, and maybe now all was forgiven for her past mistakes.

There were a lot of candidates moving around the eggs right near her then when she pulled away from Candy Cane, and so, cheered, she moved in a small circle around them to find a less-busy egg to cuddle up to. Gingerbread caught her eye, and her touch as she stroked it... and did her best to be utterly not involve in the upset, whatever had caused it, near the other eggs. Hello pretty... you're quite large! Hopefully you on't mind one ore set of hands  

ShinosBee

Nerd

Princess_Feylin

Lonely Bookworm

PostPosted: Thu Dec 26, 2019 11:39 am
Tonori - he/him

Tonori was unperturbed by the young dragon's reaction to him. He knew that his size made him stand out in a crowd, but since the dragon couldn't see him, and was forced to make do with his mind, there was no reason he ought to stand out. His mind was nothing special. He gave the candy cane egg a farewell pat and crossed the sands in even strides to lay a callused hand on the mostly white shell of the Christmas tree egg.

About halfway across the sand Zenobiath expressed her displeasure at something another candidate had done, and Tonori took a series of darting glances around the sands, reminding himself of ways to vacate should it become necessary and evaluating briefly what the other candidates might do if the gold's ire rose further. He had paused and planted his feet as best he could on the hot sands, ready to move with haste. When it did not prove necessary, he sketched a quick bow to the queen and continued his trek to the Christmas tree egg where he curled the outside of his hand against it, his hand forming an apostrophe on the white surface.

He looked again to Zenobiath, just to be sure, and then looked back at the egg and flattened his palm against it. He did not try to imagine what the dragonet within might be like. Instead he simply introduced himself, his voice pitched low in both volume and timbre: "I'm Tonori. I'm honored to be here."

Ara - she/her

If humans could glow with delight, Ara would be doing so. Her long frame straightened a little from her habitual stoop and she gave up completely on trying to conceal her delight at being here. A baby dragon had spoken to her! She knew her parents would not want to hear about it, that they would worry their girl would get ideas above her station because of it, but she was going to cherish the memory for as long as she lived, she was certain.

Still, she was expected to move on, and so she did. Ara did not move with purpose, instead turning her head slowly and then going up to the next egg to catch her eye, which turned out to be the large blue caroling note egg. Here, however, she paused in alarm before actually making physical contact with the egg: the golden clutchmother moved and took a sudden and apparently displeased interest in another candidate. Ara's gaze shot downward, as was her wont when in the presence of unhappy authority figures, and she drew in on herself in an attempt to become small and unobtrusive.

When nothing more happened for a few moments, Ara collected herself and returned to her assigned task: touching the eggs and allowing them to become familiar with her. She gingerly stroked the wide curve of the light blue egg and wondered for a second how the eggs had ended up in their present arrangement. She had not been at Western long enough to have had that lesson and she couldn't imagine drudges or candidates or any of the usual Weyr laborers being permitted to shift the eggs, although the mental image of a small army of workers being directed to move eggs was not unamusing.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 26, 2019 12:21 pm
Valeska - she/her - High Reaches

Valeska's heart fluttered in both excitement and happiness with the dragon responded from within the egg. She couldn't imagine being any less respectful or in awe. But she's was an outsider compared to most other candidates and very new to the whole process. She was just glad she was able to appease the egg to some degree. Not wanting to test her luck, she obediently moved away once the Lump of Coal egg seemed done with her. She offered a small bow before continuing on.

As she moved away to looked for another egg, a sudden movement above them made her freeze. Zenobiath suddenly turned to look at one of them. She remained frozen trying to figure out if it was something she had done. But she noticed the pair of red eyes narrow in onto a girl on the sands a distance away from her. Had the girl done something wrong? Some other dragons on the stands also seem to be a little ruffled. She looked around trying to figure out what to do. It seems the other candidates chose to continue the touching. Touchings were very important and the candidate master didn't call them off yet. She'll just have to be extra careful like he told them.

She found herself in front of the Candy Cane Egg. She was admiring the boldness and brightness of the colors. It stood out like an amazing glowing gem, fearless and wonderful. She couldn't help but feel a desire to be the same: bold and fearless. She was plagued with shyness and nerves since her youth and always found herself in a corner watching the world go by. But she was here now and that should count for something. She tried to pull confidence from within her as she moved to touch the egg. As she put her hands down, she tried to convey her thoughts to the dragon inside. I'm sorry to disturb you. I just admire your boldness very much. I hope to be as strong as you one day.  

Shikai-Chan

Smerdle

Scamp

PostPosted: Thu Dec 26, 2019 4:54 pm
Rykin

The dragon's hop pulled a chuckle from Rykin, and his amusement kept him from noticing the tensions on the sands. Oh no, dear. You don't have to have fun if you don't want to, especially not for me. He remained with the Snowman for a little while longer, mostly watching others as they approached. Looking around to gauge the location of his relations once more, Rykin eventually moved closer to the Santa Egg, offering it a wordless hello.

Pleased to meet you. I hope you're doing well? Getting along with your brothers and sisters?

PostPosted: Thu Dec 26, 2019 4:55 pm
Ruunan [HR] - 17 - he/him/his - App Woodcrafter/Candidate

The suggestions that he might ask Zenobiath and Aresoth… His eyes darted to the gold and bronze, watching their parental love marred by anger… “I wouldn’t dream of bothering them, no…” He murmured, flushing ever so slightly. They and their riders had far bigger concerns than the questions of a mere candidate. “Maybe one day I’ll understand.” Perhaps even his own dragon might explain it to him? Wouldn’t that be something…

“I’ll see you amongst the stars, then, I’m sure! Best wishes to you!” He gave Starry Night one final goodbye pat, then bowed his head and left the night-sky-shell to its other admirers.

Which egg next? There were so many to choose from, and… his heart tightened a little with the worry of picking wrong, or badly, and incurring the wrath of infant or parent. He didn’t want to bring shame on himself or his family by misbehaving during such a momentous occasion. Fear tried to creep into the forefront of his mind, but as he watched the clutch, he found himself soothed by the gentle colours of the String of Lights Egg.

Ruunan moved with care, endeavouring not to get in anyone’s way, and laid calloused hands on the smooth and hard shell. “You’re a wonder to behold…” He breathed, fear subsiding for a moment as awe once more stole its way into his heart. Dragon eggs were such impressive things- and the creatures within even more so. “How are you finding today?”  

Sweet Symmetry

Tipsy Kitten

magnadearel

PostPosted: Thu Dec 26, 2019 9:53 pm
Candidate Nalacko -HR, she/her

The demand for a proper touching startled the teen. Her lips twitched lightly with amusement as it gave her directions on how to do it right. "I apologize," she murmured, and complied with its directions. "I didn't realize you could sense the difference."

She liked that Green and Red Striped knew exactly what it liked. Nala gave a final pat in farewell. She had other eggs that needed her touch too, or she hoped they wouldn't mind. Right next to it rested Snowflake Egg. She moved a few steps over to it. Greetings, I hope I'm touching your shell ok. I'm so happy to meet you, and I look forward to seeing you hatch.  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 28, 2019 2:47 pm

Santa Egg

The infant within did not seem to be in any distress, regarding Kinye thoughtfully. But we might very well harm you, in time. Either by no choosing you or through negligence. This girl had a kind and good heart, and the dragonet nudged against the side of its shell, almost brushing the girl's hand. You should be careful. Not everyone is so kind as you. Nor as good.

Gingerbread Egg

Suddenly facing the warmth that Dorok felt for his mother, the egg perked up slightly. She means a lot to you, the infant observed, resting against its shell. Was his mother why he did this? Certainly, the egg felt a close bond with its own mother. It could understand.

demon_pachabel

Christmas Tree Egg

It was not particularly concerned about being beautiful, truth be told. Although it was sure that it could hardly be anything but, with parents such as it possessed, it did not mind if it might not appear so to anyone. Beauty was, after all, only hide deep. I wonder what you will look like when I hatch, the egg responded, a hint of amusement teeming within the depths of its young mind.

Santa Egg

Oh? The egg did not mind either way... for it was certain that it would meet its rider when the time was right. Whenever that might be. It was waiting for that moment, just now... and wasn't sure whether or not it would know when the moment happened.

faesinger

Starry Night Egg

But you are not falling all over me, the egg said with a hint of reproach. That was terribly unfair. Do you somehow think that I am not worthy of fawning? I am the reason you are here, am I not? And so the egg was deserving of all of the falling over it wanted! And it wanted more! It wanted more NOW! A hint of irritation rippled along its shell, as it informed all nearby that it was not at all happy that it was not getting its proper due! SINRUNTH, inform them of their error! I wish immediate fawning! The egg knew exactly who to go to to get what it wanted!

Meepfur
Uta

Gingerbread Egg

All of the good and kind thoughts leveled at the Gingerbread Egg overwhelmed it. Surely it... it did not deserve Dehka's complete faith and trust! The dragonet within trembled, torn between wanting to show its gratitude, and the immensity of such a burden. To keep another's faith... to somehow prove itself worthy? No, it did not feel worthy.

Red and Green Present Egg

Hmm... yes, it would not mind company. It was in its happy place. Why not join it? The serenity of the dragonet within reached out to envelop Oranie for a time, as of a gift that the egg gave without thought of a return. Be at peace, it seemed to say, a hint of the wellspring of joy inside showing through as through cracks. Hello, world. This egg was ready to meet you.

Tsunake

Elf Stocking Egg

Oh! No, it didn't mind. This was a nice enough party. After all, did Mel think that the dragonet knew how to dance? Certainly it could wobble this way and that, if it wanted to... but perhaps it didn't want to. Perhaps it wasn't ready just yet. Parties seemed like something for another time. Right now, this was a meet and greet. And it had met, and it had greeted.

medigel

Christmas Tree Egg

Do you think so? the egg asked, seeming to rise up within its shell, as though it might stand up as tall as a mountain. The sense of size was illusory, however. It was only a little dragonet, not yet ready to hatch. And yet I am indeed a little one, in the eyes of my sire and dame. For Zenobiath and Aresoth were certainly far more magnificent.

Starry Night Egg

The resentment still coiled within the egg. It was SUPPOSED to be special. My special day. But someone didn't feel as though they ought to pay me my proper due! And that someone would not be forgotten, oh no! How could a day be considered special when it wasn't getting what it wanted!?

Zaikt

Red and Green Present Egg

Hello, the dragonet replied, stretching out comfortably within its egg. This was a very nice corner of the sands. Calm and peaceful. It did not mind the company, and stretched out its infant awareness to encompass Elibrie as well.

Meepfur

Elf Stocking Egg

Was it a pretty dragonet? It... it wasn't sure. But it didn't mind terribly being called so. A kind thought. Although why everyone was so focused on what its outward appearance might be the egg did not know. Was everyone seen that way? Was Heida?

Caroling Note Egg

Oh my, yes! The baby was very excited about hatching. It wasn't ready yet, but oh, it felt so ready! Was he as excited as it was? Vibrating with that very excitement, the egg seemed to shift beneath Tarroi's hand, almost too overstimulated.

tatterpixie

Caroling Note Egg

How nice to meet him, too! The infant's thoughts were bright and cheerful, effortlessly ebullient. They are very nice! I have a wonderful family. I'm... sorry about yours. And your mother. But oh, look! He could be a part of their family, if he wanted to! If one of its siblings wanted him, anyway.

Elf Stocking Egg

Why should it mind? She wasn't doing it any harm. It didn't feel one way or the other, at the moment. Why not take a moment to calm down? The egg would be happy to let her sit by it and take a breather.

Spockat

Snowflake Egg

But Snowflake was also a very tired egg... and quietly growing increasingly crabby, like a toddler that was in dire need of a nap. It didn't say anything further, hunkering down with the strong sensation of a sulk. Sullenly, the egg waited for someone, anyone to put it out of its misery.

Mama, the egg told Zenobiath, I'm tired. This had all been a LOT, but not nearly enough, and it wanted cuddles and reassurance, and was getting neither.

Christmas Tree Egg

Hmmmm. The egg knew something of leather. Its dame and sire's riders always seemed to be wearing something akin to it. Something that smelled almost spicy, but full of that 'leather' scent that they seemed to be describing.

MaraRune

Gingerbread Egg

The egg had been touched so many times now, and it was... terribly shy. Although it was trying to be brave, this was a lot. I'm not sure, it confessed. There had been many hands. Many thoughts. Many feelings. Did they need to do this right now?

ShinosBee

Christmas Tree Egg

Are you? the egg thought, observing Tonori curiously. Ah! So you are. My dame will like that. The egg knew it was certainly worthy of the attention, but the honor was mutual. It had been quite an experience, sharing the thoughts and hearts of the Candidates. Surely Tonori could relate, with his hand upon its shell.

Caroling Note Egg

Why, Mother put us here! the egg told Ara cheerfully. Did your mother put you here? it asked in return, before its sense of her told it the answer. Oh. Your parents... they don't want you here, do they? That's okay! I want you here! And surely that might be enough.

Princess_Feylin

Santa Egg

Why yes. Did he suppose it might not get along with its brothers and sisters? It was not so very difficult, after all. They were still in the egg, and though it had its own opinions about some of them, why, they were all its dear siblings. All of them in their own way belonged to it. And it to them.

Smerdle

Snowflake Egg

The egg burst into what could only be described as a temper tantrum. Why was everyone touching it? They hadn't even said more than HELLO before, and now everyone was touching it and THINKING things at it, and it was TIRED, and Mama, it wants to stop! It wants to stop this touching thing! It was DONE! It was all done!

Done!

Done!

DONE!

... Crai.
magnadearel
MaraRune

Cheri

Vice Captain

Interstellar Pirate

Uta
Captain

Shy Mage

PostPosted: Sat Dec 28, 2019 2:47 pm
Lump of Coal Egg
It is indeed my right! The vindictiveness and certainty would hit Haveli like a sharp jolt. Unfortunately, disgust and ire would follow, along with a dose of repulsiveness. Away with you! Shoo. Be gone. Hmph! The gall of the girl--of most of these Candidates--to think they were worthy of it.
houllow

String of Lights Egg
This egg would show as much tenderness to Kahbrohm as it had all the Candidates previously. There was no judgment here. Instead, there'd be warmth and pride radiate from this egg. Kahbrohm would get the feeling he was being admired and respected for such strength of will. Someone who is so important deserves to be properly lauded, of course, and this gentle little egg will do exactly that. Anyone would be lucky to know you. And that was the truth of it.
demon_pachabel

Ding Dong Bell Egg
The egg would give Leiheti what felt like a long-suffering look. I am indeed ready to be out, though it is not yet time. What is not clear is whether any of you are prepared for me! It was still clearly unimpressed with the current offerings, and its frustration was building.

Blue Ornament Egg
Nuamia would find the egg amused at such a thought and doubly pleased. If you want it to be perhaps it will try to be! Maybe it already is? The little egg would send its humor and pleasure at meeting this Candidate right back to the girl, and happily so. We can be perfect together! And the little egg would practically wriggle in excitement.
faesinger

Ding Dong Bell Egg
The egg would give Nashwa a look, and some (not all) of its earlier aggravation would diminish. There was a small amount of amusement, and a settling of its annoyance. This one wasn't at all perfect, but at least she approached it with propriety. It wasn't pleased, not really, but what else could it do? It was a captive audience. There was a stirring of approval in Nashwa, but primarily strained patience.
Meepfur

Holly Egg
The girl would find equal amounts of joy and friendliness pushed back upon her! Hello! Yes! This one couldn't be better, getting to meet all these nice Candidates! It doesn't know what its fellow eggs are grumbling about--everyone's been fanastic, perfect, wonderful, amazing, brill--oh hey! Look at that! Someone's thinking something bad! The little egg would give the equivalent to a chortle over the developments with Zenobiath, Aresoth, and Miela.

Rudolph Egg
The young man Lauthisen would find the egg to be quite interested in rummaging around within. There would be a friendly enough air about the egg, if not an overwhelming response. Still, the young Candidate would find quiet, understated approval from this egg, and a gentle prodding against his aloof nature. He needn't hide from it, or any of the eggs on the Sands, but let them in. There is no betrayal here.
Tsunake

Holly Egg
Oh ho! Tuelarua would find herself surrounded by a blanket of pleasure and joy and excitement. Why hello to you too! It is the most exciting day!! Just look at all this attention it's getting. It is must be the most popular egg on the sands--and if it isn't, it should be, don't you think? Oh, do bring your friends over to meet it, for it so badly wants to meet them! In its eagerness, the egg would give a little twitch and jerk. If only this shell wasn't in the way.
Prism Shine

Ding Dong Egg
The egg, which had been in the process of calming, flared right up again when Orri drew near. Excuse you! It didn't want a Candidate's assurance, but that of its parents, to whom it had called. Do you make it a habit to be so presumptuous as to assume it would need his comfort? If it wanted your reassurance it would have called him, and this egg knows very well, it did not.
medigel

Holly Egg
The little egg was already excited and thrilled by those who had visited, and Verica would feel herself washed with pure adrenaline and joy. This was so exciting!! Yet another one to touch its egg! Joy of joys, this little egg was literally vibrating underneath her touch. It and its clutchmates will be amazing because of all the amazing Candidates they get to meet!! Candidates just like Verica!

Ding Dong Bell
Arrogant!? POMPOUS!?

If Miela had thought she had retreated far enough, she was sadly mistaken. The egg in its shell began to shove itself back and forth, and a new, anger gripped it. Coward girl! Face down this egg with such nasty thoughts and think them fully if you dare! The only weak one upon the sand is you, insolent creature!

Anyone near or touching the Ding Dong Bell egg will immediately find themselves gripped by pure, unadulterated rage! HOW DARE SHE BE ALLOWED TO BE HERE! Shake, shake, wriggle, wriggle--this egg wasn't finished with Miela. Even with Zenobiath's closeness and assurance, the little egg's offense was true.

Lump of Coal Egg
Even if Miela hadn't asked it--this egg was well aware of exactly who and what Miela was. If she expected a warm response, this egg had nothing but disgust. This egg had no use for the likes of her. Shoo! Away! Scram! She wasn't worth its time. Be gone!
Hattaki

MaraRune

BastetAmun

Lump of Coal Egg
But Runandrul's thoughts would find its way back to the little egg and the offense was great. How dare someone think it didn't know greatness! IT WAS GREATNESS INCARNATE! Anyone near or touching the Lump of Coal Egg will immediately find themselves gripped by great offense and desire to tear down fellow Candidate scum! HOW DARE! Wriggle, wriggle, shake, shake! Fools, all of them!!

Zulaya would certainly feel nothing but rage and anger, upset, disgust! Another unworthy one! GO. AWAY! GO AWAY!

SilverLutz

ShinosBee

Ding-Dong Egg
Runandrul would find nothing but anger and rage bubbling through this egg. It would send the equivalent of a lash at the boy, perhaps the equivalent of a smack or a bite. Though it would do no physical harm, it would be quite the surprise. What is with such rabble tainting its shell? Once again, who is Searching these vile Candidates!?

WHERE IS THE QUALITY!? WHERE IS THE HONOR!? WHERE ARE THE HEROES!?

Yet another egg beginning to throw a tantrum.
MaraRune

BastetAmun

Holly Egg
The little egg would send even more energy into Versha and practically wriggle with excitement. Oh wow! This egg is also here with its siblings, too! How amazing is that!? Amid all the anger beginning to grow, the little egg would exude nothing but pleasure and excitement.
SilverLutz

Rudolph Egg
The little egg would allow Rhys time to linger, and happily take a peek. Yes. A fine Candidate this one is... Knowledge is power, after all, and good to be shared. The approval of the little egg would roll through the young man, and help shield him from the growing aggravation of its clutchmates.
MaraRune

Candy Cane Egg
The egg would turn all of its little eggy charm on Valeska, and do its best to shield her from the sudden tension on the Sands. Well hello, hello! No need to be shy--not around this egg, who is fearless and wonderful, thank you so much for noticing. She's doing wonderful and is certainly meant to be here--a wave of support and encouragement would flow from the egg to the girl, hoping to buoy her. She is strong for being here, for accepting Search, and coming to meet all of them. She needn't fear a thing--not with Candy Cane egg at least.
Shikai-Chan

String of Lights Egg
The little egg would wrap Runnan up in a blanket of gentility and care. Such a good Candidate--so sweet, so caring, so brave. Yes, this egg knows of Ruunan's doubts, and is glad that he once more walks among them. The real wonder is Ruunan, and all the Candidates who choose to walk the path of a hopeful rider. This egg, for one, is pleased to meet him, and would send nothing but pride and kindness--to also help shield from the ire of some of its clutchmates.

Sinrunth
The dark, grizzled bronze would slowly turn his regard to Aresoth. His eyes sparked red, and his curved lip would show a few of his long teeth. Still, the large bronze would give a snort before responding to the clutch father. What did the foolish bronze think he was doing? Honestly--it took him all of his willpower not to make a biting response.

Instead, he turned to force his will upon all the Candidates.

Candidates! Step away from the eggs and return to the Barracks immediately.
His words were not to be questioned, and if they knew what was good for them, they would not think twice about arguing.

F'dral was staring directly at the group near Lump of Coal Egg and Ding Dong Egg before turning to arch a brow at Starry Night Egg It appeared as if some among them hadn't taken heed of his advice. Where Gr'del might well have removed Candidates from the Touching or pushed them to the sidelines, F'dral was not that sort. "You heard Sinrunth. Move." Looking to Alumet and C'ryn, he offered the smallest tilt of his head. "I think that's well enough for one afternoon. The Candidates have been here long enough." He wasn't going to put further stress on the clutch--tantrums were expected, of course, but he wasn't here to exacerbate the situation. Zenobiath and Aresoth could care for the eggs, and F'dral would deal with the Candidates.

Honestly, the man would need consider if Touchings were necessary at all going forward--for all the trouble they seem to cause. At least one Candidate would be paid a visit--but if any of them expected another Touching before the Hatching, they would all be sadly mistaken. Sinrunth would inform him of those who were in need of reevaluation--but he wasn't here to give them second chances.

BastetAmun

MaraRune

[OOCly -- feel free to have one last post to the egg you're standing next to in response to all this happening. Just know that after your replies/reactions, your Candidates will be expected to head out back to the Barracks.

Sorry to cut this short -- F'dral isn't going to risk further upsetting eggies.]  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 28, 2019 2:59 pm
Haveli

The bite was taken in stride, as was the disgust and ire. Haveli didn't mind them from egg, as she had hardly minded them from adults. It didn't matter, she still liked the spirit of this little beast, but everything that came after? The rage? It was like a thrill down her spine, a welcome sensation she was trying to push down.

But still, the command to leave had happened and so Haveli obeyed. She bowed to the egg, still relishing the rage, and then to the parents as she swept her skirts and started off. Whatever was going to happen would come to a head quickly, it seemed.

----------------

T'nus

T'nus was rightfully seething behind his apparent calm smile, as was Minimuth. This was not good, and he would meet with F'dral later to talk to the man about what comes next.  

houllow

Sparkly Decorator

[IC RP] The Hatching Grounds

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas