Welcome to Gaia! ::

Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry Roleplay Guild

Back to Guilds

A school of magic, based on J.K. Rowling's books. In need of Professors and Students! Join Now for the February - May year! 

Tags: Harry Potter, Hogwarts, Hogsmeade, J.K. Rowling, Roleplay 

Reply Clubs (Looking for Clubs!)
Herbology Club ~ Open 2061-2062 Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

murruelecreuset
Crew

Beloved Vampire

9,900 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Waffles! 25
  • Team Jacob 100
PostPosted: Sat Jun 18, 2022 5:09 pm
User Image User Image
Summer Rose Sweetwater

Hufflepuff First Year
Muggleborn Free-Spirited Plant Lover

Location : Herbology Club (2056)
                                                        Company : Fellow botanists: Older Student (Flora) & Nare

Summer had come to like Herbology as a subject. Granted, she’d always adored plants. Magic or otherwise wouldn’t have made much difference to her. In fact, it just made them more interesting. It made them mysterious, something regular flowers couldn’t normally accomplish. It went without saying, she loved her teacher and was looking forward to the class. It was much better than some of her other classes that she wasn’t as stellar about.

Hearing there was a Herbology club, it was no surprise that Summer wanted to check it out. Looking at when and where the group would be meeting, the little first year headed off to the first meeting. She’d never been about of a club before and had very little idea of how one actually worked. Though, that didn’t mean she didn’t want to try.

Scurrying down to Greenhouse 5, Summer was wearing your basic plain crème and green dress with a brown cardigan over top. Peering into the greenhouse, she noticed an older girl putting dirt in pots, along with a girl in her year. Adjusting her cardigan, the first year puff entered the greenhouse. ““Hi, I’m Summer.” She greeted politely. Perhaps friends would be on the horizon.

OOC : - - -
                                                        Stefan Lee Salvatore
                                                        Yukina101

I am indeed a magic hat!
                                                        Don't worry, you're in good hands, though I've got none
                                                        There's no need to be nervous, child
                                                        In fact, I already know exactly where you'll go
                                                        Hufflepuff!

PostPosted: Sun Jun 19, 2022 1:17 am

User Image❦❧
ROBIN NOVA WINCHESTER

second year || Ravenclaw || pureblood
Language Club || Herbology Club || Quidditch reserve

After Language club that morning and an early afternoon of helping xer aunt prepare for the upcoming potions classes, Robin headed down to the greenhouses. Xe smiled to see two new faces. "Hello! Good afternoon, Nare and Summer. Yes, this is Herbology club. My name is Robin."

Xe pulled on xer gloves and took a comfortable spot. Whatever they did today, it was sure to be a good time.

setting Herbology Club, September 2056 || with Herbology Club: Flora Helen and some first years
appearance 4’8” spindly || wearing pink strawberry shirt + dark jean shorts
status Looking forward to a relaxing afternoon.

User ImageUser ImageUser Image
Looking for the rainbow
Everywhere that I go
Even in the shadows
I'm looking for the rainbow
When I’m at the end of my rope
There's a destiny
As though it was meant for me
If I let it be

❧❦
~"Rainbow" from Leap.

addaellis

Graydon Ironshield

Colorful Codger

1,050 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Statustician 100
PostPosted: Sun Jun 19, 2022 6:58 pm
User Image
Ronald David Quinn-Smith
HufflepuffFourth YearFourteen Years OldSingle

I’m not sure about this,” said Brianna dolefully, as she eyed the greenhouse they were walking towards with as much enthusiasm as she might if offered a plate of cauliflower and broccoli florets for supper. She’d have been content to stay in the castle and read, instead she grudgingly agreed to go out on this ill-omened excursion. As much as she embraced her inner Slytherin, she indulged her Ravenclaw side. Here she was, a mix of two archetypes, at least as far as she was concerned, and there was no ‘House Slytherclaw’.

The two of them were dressed casually, Ron wearing jeans and a long-sleeved Tee shirt, while Brianna was wearing jeans and a Slytherin Sweatshirt. Ron was carrying a bundle, tucked under one arm, holding his Herbology tools, his class notes and a writing kit. He also took care to have two pairs of Dragonhide gloves and two aprons

Ron laughed softly, as the two of them walked along, drinking in the cool Highland breeze and the warm sunlight which slid in and out between the clouds. “It won’t be that bad, you know,” he countered admonishingly. “Besides, it’s the only club we could both agree on.” Brianna snorted and retorted, “Only because we can’t be on each other’s Quidditch teams, and you won’t go to Dueling Club” Ron shrugged, and admitted, “Yeah, well I don’t like shooting hexes and jinks at people. What about you, and Art Club?”

Scoffing, Brianna replied, “Are you kidding? I can’t draw for beans, and even my pinch pots look like … well, they don’t look like anything. How come they don’t have a History Club or something?” Ron shrugged his shoulders, and said, “Dunno, got me on that one, Anna.” Brianna added, “There’s always Fite Club, you know. We can beat each other stupid with foam rubber swords; ‘cept I know you’d never take a swing at me, so its all good there, at least for me. Hey, I got an idea: how ‘bout I go back to the castle and read my book in peace, an’ you an’ Aria go play in the greenhouse together?”

The sing-song manner Brianna used to refer to Aria struck a nerve, and Ron answered back with, “Hey, you keep Aria out of this conversation; this doesn’t concern her, it’s all about us. Mom and Dad asked that we share at least one activity together, and I know you need a bit of help with Herbology.” Brianna blew out her breath, and narrowed her eyes as she looked over at her brother. “Yeah, I kinda do, don’t I?” Ron said quietly, “There’s nothing wrong with asking for help, Brianna, and don’t worry, I won’t say anything. This way, at least, we stay in Mom’s good graces, same with Professor Hill…

And I don’t end up as fertilizer,” finished Brianna, before sighing, “Honestly, he gives me the creeps sometimes. Wouldn’t surprise me if he’s ground up a student or two for hurting one of his plants.” Ron gave her a look and a bit of a laugh, before saying, “ Okay, I’m pretty sure you’re being a little overdramatic, Anna. Although … I did hear a story from one of the older students, about a kid in a previous year who disappeared…” As his voice trailed off, Brianna elbowed him in the ribs, causing Ron to exclaim, “Hey! Pretty sure that counts as a foul, there…

Brianna gave him a wicked smile, and she ran the rest of the way to the greenhouse, while Ron half-heartedly gave chase, and they were both laughing as they went inside. Looking around, they saw there were several other students, including a newly-minted Hufflepuff, which Ron appreciated; at least there was someone Brianna’s age she could strike up a conversation with. Ron saw Flora was there with applications for tutors, and he took one to fill out.

Hi, Flora,” he said, giving the Fifth Year a warm smile, and adding, “Thought I’d give tutoring a go this term. By the way, this is my sister, Brianna.” Brianna gave her brother a sidelong look as he filled out the form, mouthing a silent ‘Thank you to him, before she turned to look at Flora, and she said, “Hi, most people just call me ‘Anna’. So this looks cool. Uh, what will be doing today?”

Name: Ronald David Quinn-Smith
House: Hufflepuff
Year: 4th
Herbology Skill Level: I have O level grades in the class
Why do you want to become a tutor? Because I think it’ll be fun helping others appreciate Herbology, and its good practice for me.

OOC: will edit if needed

OOC:
Stefan Lee Salvatore

Yukina101

murruelecreuset

addaellis

User Image  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2022 6:28 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
❀ Flora Helen Kieran ❀
Sixth Year Ravenclaw
❀ Captain & Chaser ❀ Namaste ❀ Herbology ❀Prefect ❀

"When guinea pigs are excited, they 'popcorn,' or do little hops in the air."

Flora Helen had been impressed with how many people showed up last year for Herbology club - she could only hope a few more would show up this year. She Sat out stations for everyone, each one having a shovel, gloves, a small pot, and some flower seeds, along with a pile of dirt in the middle of the table. She figured they should have a club project this year, and everyone could grow their own little potted flower. It would give them something to do, in addition to chatting about Herbology classes. She would enjoy having a new plant anyways, she thought Cousin Aidene might like a little flower, something she could look at when the sun was down.

Flora Helen sat down some forms, in case anyone wanted to tutor, and waited, eventually the others would show up.

For Tutors:

[b]Name:[/b] {Character Name}
[b]House:[/b] {Pretty Obvious what goes here}
[b]Year:[/b] {3-7}
[b]Herbology Skill Level:[/b] {How good are you? Think you got the chops?}
[b]Why do you want to become a tutor?[/b] {Also a pretty easy question}

"They don't need to sleep for a long time either! Just lil naps."

Where & Who: Herbology Club with The Plans <3
Thinking about: We're a little family
Wearing:An apron over shorts and a t-shirt

Quote:

Quote:

Stefan Lee Salvatore
Crew

Invisible Gekko

15,475 Points
  • Flatterer 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Cheerbringer 100

SherbertLemondrop

PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2022 10:31 pm
User Image
                                          Who's to say
                                          What's impossible, well they forgot
                                          This world keeps spinning
                                          And with each new day
                                          I can feel a change in everything

User Image

════════════════════════

Noah made his way to the greenhouse ready to get involved with something new. He knew a decent amount about herbology. His mother had a large bed of plants in their garden that he and Charlotte helped her tend sometimes. He'd always liked getting his hands dirty and being able to explore things firsthand. He was still hoping for some sort of magical creature club, but he supposed in a sense plants were just another type of creature. He was fairly certain there were plants with at least some form of sentience, or well, mandrakes at least had faces. Either way, he needed friends and this was more his speed than the drama club or something.

Noah popped his head into the greenhouse making sure someone was there before he went in. He saw one girl who was clearly a fair amount older than him. He wished there were more people, he didn't love being the main focus, but he supposed there was nothing to it, but to do it. He walked the rest of the way into the greenhouse and gave a small, slightly awkward wave to the girl. "Hello," he said, making sure he was speaking loud enough to be heard.

════════════════════════

OOC:

I wanna turn the whole thing upside down
                                          I'll find the things they say just can't be found
                                          I'll share this love I find with everyone
                                          We'll sing and dance to Mother Nature's songs
                                          I don't want this feeling to go away

Stefan Lee Salvatore

PostPosted: Sat Oct 22, 2022 8:29 pm
User Image User Image
Ronald David Quinn-Smith xxxxxxxxxxxxx Brianna Cathaline Quinn-Smith
Hufflepuff Fifth Year xxxxxxxxxxxx Slytherin Second Year

Ron was in a good mood as he made his way out to Greenhouse Five, as he’d looked forward to the start of Herbology Club meetings. There was something getting stuck into a job and working with plants he found relaxing, and there was a level of satisfaction he felt when he could point to a project and be able to see what he’d accomplished. He felt the same way about Art as well, but he also felt an affinity with green (and maybe not necessarily all that green), growing things. Over the summer, he’d picked up books on the subject of Herbology, he’d wanted to add to his knowledge of the subject, knowing OWLs were soon to come, and that he wanted to have those extra references for being a tutor again at the Club.

He glanced back, and said, with a bit of a sigh, “Come on, Squidward, I don’t want to be late.” A few steps behind him were Brianna, who was carrying a large bag containing her tools for Herbology class and her apron. She was dressed for a trip to the greenhouse, wearing a pair of jeans and her Slytherin hooded sweatshirt, while a scarf used to cover and keep dirt and other stuff out of her long hair.

The blond-haired Second Year Slytherin narrowed her eyes in the direction of her older brother, and said, “Really? You gotta call me that?” Her brother called her that, or ‘Squid Girl ever since they recovered from the attack shortly before Christmas. It was a reminder of an event which still bothered her. Even months later, every time she felt an itch, she would check to make sure her skin wasn’t starting to change colours again … or ooze various noxious effluvium. Just thinking about it made her skin crawl.

Oh, like you haven’t had your digs at me today. Besides, you know I don’t mean anything by it.” Brianna rolled her eyes dramatically before commenting, “Whatever, Ronald, just so long as you remember your promise, you know, before your brains leak out of the whacking big crack in your skull. Honestly, you sure you got Sorted into the right House? I thought it was Gryffindors who were supposed to be braver than they are smart.” Even though he was healed up magically, it took a while for Ron to feel safe to fly on a broomstick, as he was sure he’d have a dizzy spell and fall. “Haven’t forgotten, thank you. Mom reminded me before we left London. We’re both to be in the Herbology and Dueling Clubs. As far as Sorting is concerned, I’m happy where I am, thank you.”

Walking into the greenhouse, the Quinn-Smiths saw they weren’t the first to arrive, and Ron saw that his fellow-Prefect, Flora was there with forms to fill out, and one of his younger Housemates was there as well, one of the newly Sorted he’d escourted after the Start of Term Feast. Ron took out a form and started filling it out.

Year: Fifth
Herbology Skill Level: Took an ‘EE’ on last year’s exams
Why do you want to become a tutor? I like having the chance to help others appreciate Herbology. It’s also good practice for my OWLs.

Hi, Flora. Been looking forward to coming to the meetings all summer. Hope we get a goodly number to show up this term,” Ron said, as he was filling out the form to help out as a tutor. He looked over toward his younger Housemate, and said, “Hi, Noah. So, how are you managing? Settling into your classes all right?”

Um, hi, Flora. I had fun last year, so I’m coming back,” was what Brianna said to the older Ravenclaw, and she wasn’t saying that just to be polite. While she joined last year to get help for her class, even she had to admit it was fun working on projects with her brother and making new friends. Speaking of which… she took in the sight of the younger Hufflepuff, and she said politely, “Hi, I’m Anna, Ron’s younger sister.”

OOC:
Stefan Lee Salvatore

SherbertLemondrop

Graydon Ironshield

Colorful Codger

1,050 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Statustician 100

Stefan Lee Salvatore
Crew

Invisible Gekko

15,475 Points
  • Flatterer 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Cheerbringer 100
PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2023 10:34 am
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
❀ Flora Helen Kieran❀
Seventh Year Ravenclaw
❀ Captain & Chaser ❀ Namaste ❀ Herbology ❀
❀Head Girl & Prefect ❀

"When guinea pigs are excited, they 'popcorn,' or do little hops in the air."

Flora Helen found herbology to be one of the calmer clubs, she found herself enjoying all the little ones who came to herbology, and those who were proficient in the subject. Her flower idea last year had gone pretty well, except Flora Helen had forgotten to water her plants...for a month... but everyone ELSe did very well.

She sat out her usual bags of dirts, some pots, shovels, and gloves. But frowned, she had forgotten the seeds. Well, maybe this time would be more of an introductory course.

For Tutors:

"They don't need to sleep for a long time either! Just lil naps."

Where & Who: Herbology club with the pants <3

Thinking about: Well... not the baby plants
Wearing: apron over shorts and a tshirt

Quote:

Quote:

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2023 12:40 pm
User Image
✵ Nic ✵ Nicholas Hue Hayward-Ye ✵
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
xxxxxxxxx
Time: Start of the Year
------------------------------------------------------------------------xx

Yeah you got him. Nicholas Hayward-Ye liked plants. He even kept a venus fly trap before his mum died. He always had a softness for them. Plants were like more practical pets in his eyes. As cliche as it was it made more sense that he felt better with plants after finding out he was part wood nymph. Not a ton but his paternal grandmother was one. Hell, his dad grew trees for a living. Still, Nic had no interest in broadcasting that he liked plants. That was kind of soft sounding. As for being not entirely human he definitely was not going to broadcast that though his talent for herbology might tip off a classmate or professor or two on his heritage or the family name of Ye.

Casually strolling into the club he saw one older girl who was pretty enough that had a stack of papers with her. She was likely the club leader as there was no one else present for the moment. Nic approached glancing at the papers. They were for being tutors. Nic tucked that knowledge in for a future date and feigned ignorance of the nature of the club, "Herbology Club, huh? I... I was looking for Fite Club but since I'm here... You wouldn't mind if I stayed right?"

------------------------------------------------------------------------

For a moment the hat was silent before speaking....
                                                Ah, but this nose doesn’t need to poke too far
                                                To see that behind that distrustful warning
                                                You’d do quite well in

Gryffindor!
                                                {OoC: }
                                                Stefan Lee Salvatore

Quote:

Quote:

mc2

Shameless Sex Symbol

21,090 Points
  • Deal Me In 50
  • Married 100
  • Person of Interest 200

Graydon Ironshield

Colorful Codger

1,050 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Statustician 100
PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2023 3:02 pm
User Image User Image
Hufflepuff Sixth Year xxxxxxxxxxxx Slytherin Third Year

Why are we going out here so early, Ron?” asked Brianna with a bit of annoyance, and a yawn. She’d been happily unconscious when she was awakened by one of her Housemates letting her know that her older brother was waiting at the door for her. She arrived at the entrance to the Slytherin Common Room and saw her brother was indeed there, dressed and ready for Herbology Club. She rushed back to her dorm and hastily threw on whatever she could find quickly in the way of clothes, grabbed her bundle of Herbology tools and they were soon on their way out to the greenhouses.

She was pretty sure she looked a sight, with her blonde bed-head, bleary-eyed, and wearing a rumpled Slytherin hooded sweater and faded jeans, but at least she would be in attendance at what she was sure was an ungodly hour of the morning. Ron, on the other hand looked nice, wearing a sand-coloured military-style woolly-pully, dark jeans and boots, with his own bundle of tools tucked in a bag over his shoulder.

We’re not early, in fact, we’re almost going to be late getting started,” was Ron’s answer. “Got a bit concerned when you never showed up for breakfast, so I figured I’d check on you.” It took a bit for Brianna to process what he was saying. “Wait a minute, I missed breakfast? How did I manage to sleep through breakfast? I know we were up late last night, talking about, well, I’m sure you know…

Ron nodded, and replied quietly, “Angier? Yeah, I heard. Hard not to have. I’ll be speakin’ to my Healing Arts teacher about what to do if something like that happens here. Dunno if I could make a difference or not in a situation like that, but if I can, then I’m willing to learn.” Ron heard enough horror stories from Mom about splinching accidents from botched attempts at Apparation, he could only imagine what could happen if one buggered up Self-Transfigurtion.

Thinking about the failed experiment in Animagus studies reminded Brianna anew about what was done to her in First Year; she shuddered at the thought of what could have happened to her. However, this? This was different. Her Housemate was only two years ahead of her, his girlfriend, Yari, was similarly so. She didn't really know him, but she knew he was a gifted wizard. And now? Now, he was simply ... gone.

A fresh thrill of genuine horror went through her, like the icy cold fingers of Death itself closing about her young heart, and Brianna felt a real need to hug her brother. She wrapped both of her arms around one of his and squeezed her eyes tightly shut as she simply shook. She hated to look weak in front of anyone, but she knew of anyone at this school her brother would never breathe a word, not even to Aria, and never use it against her.

Soon enough, the greenhouses came into view, and Ron’s heart warmed at the sight of the lights and the earthy smell of fresh soil. With the news of the whole ghastly business going around the school, in the shadow of Death, as it were, here was what he knew was the best anodyne for them. Here was life and warmth and they’d be amongst friends. Stepping into the greenhouse immediately banished the horrors, and he smiled when he saw Flora Helen, and a new student were already there.

Ron said, nodding toward his sister, “Apologies for running a bit behind. We got off to a bit of a sleepy start this morning, I’m afraid.” At this, Brianna yawned aloud so hard she was literally shaking, and she said feelingly, “Merlin’s Beard, please somebody tell me they brought a Thermos full of coffee to share this morning.” Ron shook his head and chuckled as he filled out the form to be a Mentor again this term.

Year: Sixth
Herbology Skill Level: Took an O level on my Herbology OWL, and am taking the NEWT level class.
Why do you want to become a tutor? I love green, growing things, and wish to share my appreciation with others.

OOC:
Username

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2023 5:42 pm
User Image
                                        User Image

════════════════════════

Noah walked into the greenhouse feeling much more confident than he had the year prior. Herbology wasn't exactly his number-one subject but he had come to enjoy it. Making something grow did have a certain satisfaction that came with it. Also, the whole tutor thing was a plus. His herbology grade showed that and his mom seemed to like that he could help with the garden better. Once he was close to those who had gathered for the meeting he gave a small wave. "Hello, all. Good to see everyone."

Noah looked around the greenhouse noting Flora Helen as well as Ron and Brianna. There was also a first year that he was sure he'd seen around that had just entered. The boy's face was a mix of confusion and...almost guilt? He couldn't really be sure frankly. This definitely wasn't Fite Club. Noah was pretty sure this wasn't even the day Fite Club met but he wasn't about to say anything about it. "The more the merrier," he said to the boy after a moment, a smile across his face.

════════════════════════

null

SherbertLemondrop

mc2

Shameless Sex Symbol

21,090 Points
  • Deal Me In 50
  • Married 100
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2023 7:19 am
User Image
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
xxxxxxxxx
Time: Start of the Year

Nic's attention turned to two upper classmates a third or fourth year and one of the obvious senior members of the club. The two seemed close so Nic would guess family due to their age differences. The girl was complaining about needing coffee which surprised Nic. Nic's mum had always been strict about the kitchen and banned Nic from caffeine besides what is in tea. His dad seemed of the same mindset but maybe it was because Nic never saw his dad drink anything stronger than tea no matter how early he got up to tend to the trees and garden.

Soon enough a blonde second, third, or fourth year showed up. He could just feel his eyes studying Nic as he gave his lame excuse about intending to join Fite Club and stumbling into Herbology Club. At least the boy was friendly (but why?) and said the more the merrier. Nic forced a smile and said, "Thanks. I... I guess plants are pretty cool too." He gave a more genuine half smile and admitted, "My dad grows wand and broom quality trees and my grandparents have an awesome garden full of rare plants. Grandma likes singing and talking to the plants. She says it helps them grow." It did help them grow but it helped extra his grandmother was a wood nymph.

It was obvious despite Nic's claim of stumbling into the club he had intended to be there all along and had a special place in his heart for the plants of the world.

You’d do quite well in

Gryffindor!
                                                Stefan Lee Salvatore

Graydon Ironshield

SherbertLemondrop

PostPosted: Sun Jun 18, 2023 10:46 am
User Image User Image
Hufflepuff Seventh Year xxxxxxxxxxxx Slytherin Fourth Year

It was on this fine Highland morning that found Ron and Brianna walking toward the greenhouses, which for Ron was almost like a second home. This morning he was opening up the Herbology Club himself, being that he was now the captain of it. When Flora Helen offered him the chance, he was honoured beyond words to take up the baton in her stead, and he was determined to see that the club he’d helped nurture and fostered his own interest in plants not only do well but to thrive before he in turn passed it off to somebody else.

I will surely miss these walks when this is all over,” he said in a soft tone, as readjusted the weight of the bag containing his tools and kit over his shoulder. He’d shed his uniform, going for an OD green military surplus wooly-pully, a pair of well-worn faded jeans and boots for the trip to the greenhouses. He glanced over at his blonde-haired sister, whom walked beside him.

No longer the skinny little girl she was when she started here, Brianna had gotten taller over the summer. She was wearing a dark-green Slytherin Quidditch hooded jersey over jeans and a pair of trainers. She too had her Herbology tools and kit in a bag slung over her shoulder, while in one hand she was carrying a rather large insulated stainless-steel mug filled with a blend of coffee she’d asked the House Elves make for her that she referred to as being her ‘Wake the Dead Blend’.

So will I,” confessed the blonde-haired Fourth Year. She had to admit to herself (though she wouldn’t say so out loud) she really needed her big brother and his comforting presence, and she wasn’t sure how she was to cope when he wouldn’t be here next term. She could honestly claim that she had few friends here at school, and even fewer she could trust unconditionally. Matches against Hufflepuff wouldn’t, couldn’t, be the same without their epic aerial battles for the Quaffle, and they wouldn’t be sharing their post-game Butterbeers afterwards. After a moment’s silence as they continued along a route both could have navigated blindfolded by this point, she asked, “So, have you figured who’s taking over the club when you’re done with it?”

Ron gave an affirming grunt, and answered, “Hmmm, whoever needs it most.” The answer for him was part and parcel of his attitude of late. His reaction to his not getting the Head Boy position caused him to do a considerable amount of self-reflection and soul-searching, as he found himself quietly horrified and disgusted by it. He had his eye on the post for years, seeing it as a capping accolade to his academic career at Hogwarts, and he wanted to be a part of that Head Couple combo with Aria, just like his mother had done a generation or so previously.

If put to it, he would have said that he wanted very much to have his time here mirror Aria’s perfect career arc, but that didn’t happen for him. Yes, he wanted to match that, just as much as because he wanted those achievements on his resume as he did because he did measure himself against the benchmarks set by his parents’ academic records. That said, the question put to him by Dad was that of ‘did you really need all that?’ Ron knew he had the unconditional love and support of his family, his relationship with Aria hadn’t and wouldn’t change, nor would it matter to whoever his new coworkers would be. While his assessments of Milan were bluntly honest, he certainly didn’t wish him ill, it simply wasn’t in him to do otherwise, and genuinely wished him success. If the tales he heard about the Wellbelove clan were remotely accurate, it was possible Milan needed this more than he.

Annoyed as she was by her brother’s non-answer, Brianna asked him, “Are you still planning to go through with this big project of yours?” She’d heard her brother talk of giving back to the school and paying it forward for the next class of students. Brianna hadn’t quite gotten her mind wrapped around the ideas, but she’d seen the level of pride in Mom and Dad’s eyes. Ron said, “Got the notebook in the bag, and I think Robin’s bringing the first bits this morning. I hope folk like the plan.” Brianna fixed her brother with a look, and she said, “Okay, the apple trees, I get, but a mallorn? I mean, seriously, Ron?” The Seventh Year shrugged, and said, “What’s the point in being magical, if one can’t do the fantastical now and again?”

The apple trees were a nod toward the godwoods outside Winterfell in ‘A Song of Fire and Ice’, while the mallorn was a bit of whimsy, and referenced the Party Tree outside of Hobbiton in the ‘Lord of the Rings’ trilogy; books he’d read and reread since he was old enough to work out what all the words meant. While there were no Noldorian Elves to tend the someday maybe massive beech tree, would there really be any difference between it and one grown on the grounds of Hogwarts and tended to by successive iterations of the Herbology Club?

Arriving at the greenhouse, Ron opened the doors, and relished the welcoming aroma of soil and of the plants themselves. Here was his happy place. He’d prepared everything for the meeting last night before curfew, including a selection of seeds for the personal projects he wanted for club members to partake. If things went well, they’d all have a magical plant to take home with them at the end of the term. He opened his kit, and laid out forms for those wishing to be Mentors, self-inking quills, as well as a notebook, with the words ‘llwyn Idun’ carefully stenciled upon its cover.

For Mentors:

OOC:
Username

Graydon Ironshield

Colorful Codger

1,050 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Statustician 100

mc2

Shameless Sex Symbol

21,090 Points
  • Deal Me In 50
  • Married 100
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Sun Jun 18, 2023 12:27 pm
User Image
xxxxxxxxx(Gryffindor Second Year) (Half-blood-part-nymph) (Herbology Club (don't tell anyone), Creature Appreciation Club, and Namaste Member) (Gryffindor Quidditch Team Reserve Beater)

Nic was pretty sure he revealed himself as perhaps more than the average first year during his former year with the Herbology Club. If anyone asked he was quick to brush it off and credit it to working with his Dad on his Dad's farm and working in his Grandma's garden. It would make sense if he spent a few years already working on a tree farm that grew the best wood for wands and brooms that he had a head start on his peers in herbology.

Stepping into the greenhouse he spotted the Quinn-Smith siblings in their own world chattering. Not bothering to pretend he was not interested in the club, Nic filled out a form and held it back to Ron with a smile, "Ready to lead us saving Mother Nature?"

You’d do quite well in

Gryffindor!
                                                Graydon Ironshield

Quote:

Quote:

PostPosted: Sun Jun 18, 2023 12:52 pm
User ImageUser Image
xx Wʜᴇʀᴇ Aᴍ I? Greenhouse no. 5
xxx Wʜᴏ Is Wɪᴛʜ Mᴇ? Leader Ron, a couple others
xxxx Wʜᴀᴛ's Gᴏɪɴɢ Oɴ? Herbology Club!
xxxxx Wʜᴀᴛ's Iɴsɪᴅᴇ Mʏ Hᴇᴀᴅ? It's a good day for gardening!

Tàm was excited to return to Herbology club, especially since it was leader Ron's final year at school. Hopefully they'd do something fun to celebrate! With messy brown hair tucked under a hat, the young teen started the walk across the grounds. The only thing Hogwarts was really missing was a whole herd of Highland Coos... or maybe just his herd. Even small things like that got Tàm to missing home. Unfortunately, it was still only early in the year, so he'd have to wait to see Pa or the coos for a bit. Maybe next year he could find a pet to bring? After all, he wanted something to snuggle. Plus, at school, he didn't have Áedán to talk with into the wee hours, discussing strategy and plans. Even thinking of their routine made him a bit tired, so he let out a squeaky yawn.

A few more long moments of walking, and finally Tàm made it to the greenhouse. Opening the door, he saw a few others inside, so he offered a bright grin. "Guid mornin', laddies 'n' lassies! Tis aff tae be a stoatin year, 'n' we'll hae loads o' fin. Dae ye hae ony muckle the script, Leader Ron?" Green eyes looked over at the older brunette, wondering what all they'd be doing that year. Glancing over, he noticed the forms for Herbology Mentor, and realized he was finally old enough to help out.

He grabbed a glittery green gel pen from his pocket, filling out the form in his neat script. Maybe if he was a mentor, he could make more friends! Besides, he loved any excuse to work with his hands, whether in fire or in dirt. "'N' 'ere is an application tae hulp mentor. Hopefully ye think a'm up tae snuff, bit if nae, ah kin huv a go again neist year. Either wey, a'm juist happy tae be 'ere!" Another bright smile on his face, Tàm felt his heart a-flutter. Something about being surrounded by pretty flowers always made his soul at ease.

Name: Tàmhas Ghobhainn
                                                                Year: 3
                                                                Herbology Skill Level: I've always been weirdly good with plants!
                                                                Why do you want to become a tutor? I love being able to help out, and without plants and gardens, dear Mother Earth wouldn't be so kind. Plus, I've been really good in classes, and Professor Azalea says I'm doing well this year too.

{{Wearing :: Comfy Lounging Clothes}}
          {{T1 - "Good morning, boys and girls! It's going to be a great year, and we'll have lots of fun. Do you have any big plans, Leader Ron?"
          T2 - "And here is an application to help mentor. Hopefully you think I'm up to snuff, but if not, I can try again next year. Either way, I'm just happy to be here!"}}
          Tàmhas - #43B3AE
          Graydon Ironshield
          Áedán

I, I'ᴍ sɪᴄᴋ ᴀɴᴅ ᴛɪʀᴇᴅ ᴏғ ʙᴇɪɴɢ sɪᴄᴋ ᴀɴᴅ ᴛɪʀᴇᴅ
          Aɴᴅ ʟᴇᴛᴛɪɴɢ ᴀʟʟ ᴛʜᴇsᴇ ɴᴇɢᴀᴛɪᴠᴇ ᴛʜᴏᴜɢʜᴛs ᴄᴏʟʟɪᴅᴇ
          Wʜʏ ʙᴇᴛʀᴀʏ ᴍʏ ᴍɪɴᴅ ᴡʜᴇɴ I ᴋɴᴏᴡ ᴛʜᴇ ᴄᴏɴᴛʀᴏʟ ɪs ᴍɪɴᴇ
          Gᴏᴛ ɴᴏ ᴛɪᴍᴇ ᴛᴏ sɪᴛ ᴏɴ ᴛʜᴇ sɪᴅᴇʟɪɴᴇs ᴀɴᴅ ᴡᴀᴛᴄʜ ᴛʜᴇᴍ ᴘʟᴀʏ
          Tʜᴇ ᴘᴇᴏᴘʟᴇ ᴀʀᴏᴜɴᴅ ᴛʜᴇ ᴡᴏʀʟᴅ, ᴛʜᴇ ᴘᴇᴏᴘʟᴇ ᴀʀᴏᴜɴᴅ ᴛʜᴇ ᴡᴏʀʟᴅ
          Gᴏᴛᴛᴀ sᴛʀɪᴋᴇ ʟɪᴋᴇ ʟɪɢʜᴛɴɪɴɢ ᴀɴᴅ sʜɪɴᴇ ʟɪᴋᴇ ᴡᴇ'ʀᴇ ɴᴏᴛ ᴀғʀᴀɪᴅ
          Pᴇᴏᴘʟᴇ ᴀʀᴏᴜɴᴅ ᴛʜᴇ ᴡᴏʀʟᴅ sᴀʏ, I'ᴍ ᴀʟɪᴠᴇ
          I'ᴍ ʙʀᴇᴀᴛʜɪɴɢ ᴛᴏᴅᴀʏ. I'ᴍ ᴀʟɪᴠᴇ, ᴊᴜsᴛ ᴅʏɪɴɢ ᴛᴏ ᴍᴀᴋᴇ ᴀ ɢᴏᴏᴅ ᴠɪʙᴇ
          I'ᴍ sᴛɪʟʟ ɪɴ ᴛʜᴇ ɢᴀᴍᴇ ᴀɴᴅ I ᴡᴏɴ'ᴛ ʟɪᴠᴇ ᴍʏ ʟɪғᴇ ᴀғʀᴀɪᴅ

Cinnabun Gryffie
Vice Captain

Beloved Werewolf

15,475 Points
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Pet Lover 100

addaellis

PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2023 10:23 am

User Image❦❧
ROBIN NOVA WINCHESTER

fifth year || Ravenclaw prefect || pureblood
Language Club || Herbology Club || Quidditch hype pal

Robin had arranged for a couple baby trees to be brought north to school. So Sunday morning, xe made a quick trip to Hogsmeade to meet up with xer sister and in the afternoon made xer way back to campus with a couple of pots.

”Ron! These are the saplings I told you about that I’d like to contribute to the grove.” There were a few xe doubted would do much better in the cold of the Highlands than the relatively temperate English suburb, but these were also traumatized plants that had somehow survived the Massacre a few years back. Strange and special circumstances were expected.

Xe set the pots on an open bench as xe filled out the form for tutors. ”Speaking of, did you decide on a name?” xe had only heard a little about the idea, but if xe knew Ron, he had since fleshed out the concept with details and plans.

Name: Robin Winchester
House: Ravenclaw
Year: 5
Herbology Skill Level: I have done well in Herbology thus far and enjoy herbology.
Why do you want to become a tutor? People are plants with complicated emotions—by tutoring I’d hopefully be able to grow my relationship with people-plants as well as plant-plants!

setting Greenhouses-- September 2059. || with fellow plant-humans
appearance 5’6” spindly || wearing floral asymmetrical hanfu
status I wonder if Ron's going to unveil the whole plan today

//OOC: Gordo, let me know if you'd like me to edit. I remembered there was discord conversation that indicated Robin would know about the grove plans in part at least but your post seemed to indicate it was still in the works so left how much xe would know pretty open.
Graydon Ironshield”] [/quote] [/spoiler]

[align=center][color=white]_______________[/color][/align]

[url=https://pin.it/59MkkZ9][imgleft="height=100,width=100
https://i.imgur.com/oehyCXS.jpg[/imgleft]User ImageUser Image
I'm a work of amber and rain
All at once forgotten, but refined
The loneliness adds value in time
I have walked a mile with sorrow at my side
And recovery and heartbreak close behind
Our shared lives, mistaken for sunshine
And the tragedy is knowing that
We won't know who we are