Welcome to Gaia! ::

Echoes of Pern [Closed]

Back to Guilds

A Dragonriders of Pern B/C RP 

Tags: Pern, Dragons, Dragonriders, Role-Play, Fantasy 

Reply [IC RP] The Hatching Grounds
[Kleoth's Touching] Lure Them With Empty Hands [open!] Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Zaikt
Crew

Otherworldly Plague

20,675 Points
  • Blazing Power of Friendship Wave 200
  • Galactic Domination 200
  • That One Hero 500
PostPosted: Tue Aug 17, 2021 7:16 pm
Red Patterned Egg

Oreune hadn't left yet. Here she was, still eagerly chattering away--hm. Called it an egg, corrected herself a few times, went back and forth on...many things, hand remaining in place against its shell. (It wasn't an egg, the egg was the thing around it.) It almost felt like it was in something of a staring contest with her.

This was awkward.

She's more than welcome to go if she wants, however--the egg is giving her no strong feelings of upset at the prospect of her moving on, already knowing full well that these Candidates wouldn't get to linger long. It had plenty of siblings to go see, and several of them would likely be incredibly receptive to her brand of introduction. The Red Patterned Egg doesn't try to snap at her or scare her away with a show of displeasure--if anything, it's simply keeping things moving. She could stay if she truly wanted, or she could carry on; there were a few more hands on its shell now, and its attention would soon be split.
houllow

The compliment sent its way seems to give the Red Patterned Egg a moment's pause, and when it moves to center itself, Mhinadi just might be able to feel the soft drag of the hatchling's claws on the inside of the shell as they pass under her palm. There's a careful pressure on the edges of her mind, the tell-tale sign of a curious dragonet--and its captive audience would quickly find that simple curiosity had evolved into something more...judging, if not a little cold.

It had no opinion on the sand that may or may not be on its shell, truthfully. Although it--appreciated the courtesy in a way, the Red Patterned Egg had little reason to care. What good was the outside of its shell when the real treasure was what lay within it? She certainly could understand the sentiment, from what it had gleaned.
Samuel Carlin

Oh? This boy wanted it to look its fill, then? Navit would soon come under scrutiny himself, with the same almost aloof mental presence pushing back against the intrusion. No no-- They'd do this on its terms, thank you.
There's a level of firmness to the hatchling's tone that just might come across as anger, but Navit wouldn't be met with anything so outright harsh. It makes no effort to dismiss him, either; he's more than welcome to try again with just a dash less enthusiasm on the front end. Was he always this eager, or was today special?
faesinger

Purple Spotted Dinosaur Egg

Everyone was talking about--it? Oh, wow. And for seven whole days, too? That was--a lot, probably! It couldn't say that it had that much of a sense of time yet, but Kadosse's words had brought a particular sort of satisfaction to the dragonet's hearts all the same. The Purple Spotted Dinosaur Egg rocks and wiggles in place, having too few ways to show its joy while it remained in its shell like this. When it got out, though--that was when it was really going to show off.

Could she explain...seven, though. How long is a seven. How...many more sevens until it got to hatch.
demon_pachabel

The fact that Bukichi stayed where he was would have had the hatchling bugling if it were anything other than...in an egg. As it were, he's likely to feel something approximating a snout bumping against his hand, if only for a moment; the Purple Spotted Dinosaur Egg still had more energy to work out, and it didn't appear to be finished with its laps around its shell. He'd stayed! And now Bukichi had even given it his full attention--it was more than happy to drink it up, effectively sprawling in his mental presence like a cat in a sunbeam.

It was so glad he'd stuck around, truly. Did he know that? Did he--know it now? As it asks, it sends Bukichi a wave of love and excitement, although it's...unfortunately far less than restrained, perhaps to the point of overwhelming if he isn't prepared enough.
Tsunake

A NEW SIBLING? MOTHER WAS THIS TRUE
The Purple Spotted Dinosaur Egg was thrilled at Odellet's declaration that shed been adopted, and both Kleoth and the girl herself would know about it. Can it keep her? Please? It would--be a very good egg, it promised!

Odd was quickly swept under that same intense wave of affection, wrapping both her and Bukichi up in its feelings like a warm blanket. It was delighted that she'd had a good time with its/her siblings so far--it couldn't wait to meet them all properly, but for now, meeting Candidates like this was just as good! Did she have any siblings before this, or was this the first time she'd been Ádopted? (Was it--saying that right? Probably not.)
Oh! Oh, right, yes--congratulations? Getting adoptéd was a big deal! Congrats!!
(nailed it that time, absolutely)

Shaddaling

Tsunake
MOMTHER EXPLAIN

In the midst of all this, Brenley had made the terrible mistake of asking a very curious and very excited dragonet an open-ended question.
Faranth help him.

Outside--yes, yes, seven times yes! Seven, even! That's how you knew how stoked it was! What was it like? Was it warm? What was rain, anyway? Did he want to fly, because it did! How was--well, what--
Wording. Wording was hard. Where was the Purple Spotted Dinosaur Egg to start? It had so many questions, but only a short while to ask them all. What did Brenley think the outside was like? It wanted to get to know him, too! Only asking him about his surroundings was hardly fair, anyway, and it made sure to send him enough affection to hopefully make up for the misstep. It stopped in its rotations at least long enough to hone in on where Brenley was on the other side of its shell, and it lingered near him for a few moments almost hesitantly. It hadn't overstepped, had it?
Smerdle

PostPosted: Tue Aug 17, 2021 7:25 pm
Green Spiderweb Egg
Again, there's a long, measured pause - like someone is taking careful stock. One hand, two...three....well, this is a bit of a growing crowd. HmmMmmmm. Well, this was fine, Green Spiderweb Egg figured. It would just seem to gently 'arrange', though not physically, its visitors around it in almost assigned seats so it could address them all together. Yes, that felt like a proper way to go about this.

Hello. Thank you, it accepts both Surel and Zaexillia's greetings with one gracious swoop. You've met some of my siblings and yet are still so pleased to meet me afterwards. Surely Serrekhar would understand its feelings on that front - did he not love his sister for doing all she'd done? She may have not been a mama, but....

Silverlutz

Sweet Symmetry

Tsunake

Pink Flower Egg

Ah, its friend had gone off to meet wondrous sibleggs! How grand of a time they would have!  

demon_pachabel
Crew

Beloved Werewolf

houllow

Sparkly Decorator

PostPosted: Tue Aug 17, 2021 7:34 pm
OREUNE

More folks were there, which meant Oreune wasn't the reason the egg didn't have hands, and also whatever feeling that had been in the egg (for her) seemed to pull back (maybe.) Either way it was probably time to go on and actually do something, like touch another egg or touch some sand or just. Move along. Awkwardly Oreune said her farewells and moved away, cursing at whatever it was she was doing with this.

It was hard to keep her thoughts in a more positive light, since it would be absolutely wrong to follow along her usual path of pure pessimism. They were supposed to greet the eggs with love and devotion and happy thoughts, so straight up thinking "yeah I know you're not mine but I wanted to say hi anyway" to literally every egg was not good.

Not good at all.

Maybe that was why she was a bit more paranoid than usual? There was also that underlying fear tucked at the back of her mind, that slight tingle of nerves that burned the bottom of her feet. The last time she had been on these sands had been bloody, after all, and - oh.

Having wandered and nearly tripped over her own feet and into an egg, Oreune immediately rushed into the HEAD EMPTY, ONLY GOOD THOUGHTS mode as she placed a hand atop the Blue Diamond egg. It was smaller, like the previous one before, but Oreune liked that. Perhaps she was drawn to patterns after all?

...no one saw me nearly trip, right? Or if you did, be nice enough not to say anything yeah? Her tone had a friendly tease in it, full of warmth. There was something comforting about looking at this egg and clearly her mood was showing it. I remember dragonets are pretty clumsy when they first come out too, it's quite a sight. Wings and claws all akimbo. That slight ping of fear, swallowed back. There was also the swallowing of her usual word barrage because SHELLS she was not going for a round two. Still, I'm glad to meet you like this. This may be my only chance to say hello, so I'm happy I took it. When you hatch you'll be busy looking on the sands for yours after all.  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 17, 2021 7:35 pm
[ candidate ciraine ] - western weyr - she/her

Oh, baby.
Ciraine's brow furrows in concern, her other hand coming to rest against the shell of the Teal and Blue Lightning Egg as well. That was...a familiar feeling, although hearing it from something so new hurt her heart.
It's been lovely. She keeps her tone soft in an effort to avoid spooking the dragonet within any further--she hardly wants to startle the poor thing with too much energy at the wrong moment. Has everyone been nice to you so far? I--really, really hope so.

[ staying put! ]  

Zaikt
Crew

Otherworldly Plague

20,675 Points
  • Blazing Power of Friendship Wave 200
  • Galactic Domination 200
  • That One Hero 500

Uta
Captain

Shy Mage

PostPosted: Tue Aug 17, 2021 8:11 pm

Dusty Rainbow Egg
It wasn't easy being an egg but whoever was in Dusy Rainbow wasn't completely self-centered. It was aware enough to feel the turmoil, brief as it might have been, wash through Lafyrra. And while the girl might not have been able to speak to her friend telepathically, the egg had heard her thoughts.

How good of her.

With Josen still there, and Nemeryn return, Dusty Rainbow's mood greatly improved.

Now this was more like it!

To Lafyrra, the egg did not apologize, but did send a wave of support and encouragement. What a delightful song, even if it did not quite rhyme, and a very delightful Candidate! How good of you to remain--it certainly won't forget that! Perhaps they might meet again once it is out of this egg? Now, be a good girl and meet some of its clutchmates--they're superb in their own ways, if perhaps, a bit more lackluster than Dusty Rainbow.

To Josen, the egg would send another wave of encouragement. Ah, right there--and perhaps a little to the right? Very good, yes. Excellent. This is a day where each of its clutchmates should get all the attention they might desire--but if Dusty Rainbow wants the lions share, is that so problematic? It is a big egg, after all. Still, the egg will not resent Josen if he wishes to meet others--it is why he's here, after all, and this egg is aware that its clutchmates might be yearning.

Nemeryn finally returned, and the Dusty Rainbow gave him a very long, very uncomfortable look. It remained quiet for a moment, before it gave a nudge against his hands. How good of you to return--so perhaps you might wish to take this in your travels to the other eggs. And if Nemeryn felt flooded by a confidence not his own, it was clearly coming from the egg. At minimum, simply be polite and it would suggest asking a few questions, or at least offering its clutchmates some admiration. Manners maketh man, after all.

Whether Nemeryn felt it or not, peace had at least been restored.

Nuamia's approach would be greeted with a renewed force of confidence and pleasure. Of course this egg will be more beautiful upon hatching--they all will be, of course, but this egg can't wait to have eyes upon it! Meeting the Candidates face to face as opposed to shell to face is something this one is quite eager to do.

Sweet Symmetry

demon_pachabel

Tsunake

faesinger

Emperor Penguin Egg
Thankfully, the Candidates that had irritated the egg had wisely left. This meant Sioryl was met by a very strong, very serious aura. If an egg could snort, this egg would--and it shuddered a bit beneath Sioryl's touch. Perhaps it would be best if you got your heads out of the clouds--this egg needs no such protecting, nor does it demand a crowd of admirers like some of weak spirit. It's here to do its job as an egg--is Sioryl here to do his job as a Candidate or move from egg to egg without a proper thought to be had?

Still, Sioryl might get the very faint sensation of pleasure from the egg, with a foreign thought its clutchmates tending to its every whim. Perhaps there was a bit of an imagination within the egg, after all--not that this egg would ever admit it!

Aneirin's approach would be met by a very stern and gave sort of being. Another compliment. Well. Perhaps not the most original introduction, but fitting enough. This one at least had clean hands, and hadn't managed to offend it right out of the gate. Hmm. A little rummaging showed that Aneirin had some poor taste in lovers but otherwise was completely and utterly unimpressive. Good day to you. And that was that.

Nyviane would find the full force of the Penguin once it moved on from Aneirin. Good day to you, young lady, the egg would reply back, though it was clearly studying her. Hmmm. Clean hands, an unspoken compliment, and a proper curtsy. The propriety was not amiss. Yes. Good. May good fortune favor you come Hatching Day. Its most positive review yet.

SilverLutz

Mr Cheri

Teal Rosette Egg
The egg would be radiating pleasure at Natiri for being such a good an dutiful sort. Surely, a good friend and one that Candidates should get to know! Still, the egg might appreciate the attention the young man is giving him, but it's not so unaware as to know it has rather hogged his regard. Thankfully, Tihroket and Matotoka both approached, which meant Natiri need not worry so about it.

It does like being close to others--but surely, its clutchmates deserve to meet him! Tata, and perhaps they might bump into one another come Hatching day!

Tiroket would practically be glomped, if an egg could do that--at minimum the egg would lean more into his touch. Pleasure and joy would radiate from the egg, who would preen beneath such compliments. Is my egg so fetching? How kind of you to notice and say as much! You look as handsome as any that I've met. Perhaps you can say awhile? Do you have any stories to share? I've met a few Candidates who are dating--some of them in secret too! Do you want to know who?

Matotoko would also be partially-glomped, with the egg giving a happy wiggle. Admittedly, this egg doesn't like to be alone--but isn't soft-shelled as that sounds, either! There's nothing wrong with helping in this egg's view, but what of you? Does Matotoko like to help others and be helped himself? Or are you too independent?

ShinoBee

Meepfur

demon_pachabel

PostPosted: Tue Aug 17, 2021 8:27 pm
Natiri—he/him

Ah yes. Teal Rosette really was a fine egg. Natiri gave it a last pat before relinquishing it to its new company. Perhaps they would meet on hatching day; he'd surely be looking out for whomever hatched from its shell.

Now, where to next? So many yet to meet, and who knew what time they'd have. In the end, today or another day, he'd have time to meet them all. So for now he supposed any would do. Yellow Swirl Egg was near, and he moved to it next, gently but firmly dropping a hand to stroke its patterned side. It was on the smaller side, but size made no matter in the end. It was rather bright looking, and almost cheerful, if an egg could be cheerful by look alone. "Hello there. Everyone is happy to meet you, myself as well. What are you looking for?" It would be different for each hatchling, he supposed. All sorts impressed, so you never could tell just what made a match.

He hoped they all would find theirs, when the time came.  

ShinosBee

Nerd

Cheri

Vice Captain

Interstellar Pirate

PostPosted: Tue Aug 17, 2021 9:49 pm
Purple and Orange Dapple Egg

Now this was more like it. The egg had demanded its due... and received it. It would suit the Purple and Orange Dapple Egg just fine if Haraven never met any other eggs. Indeed, why go any further when he had already met the best of all? Gaze upon its splendor, Haraven, for it was indeed a wondrous egg. Didn't he agree? Although it didn't quite credit its mother with its beauty; the egg, after all, had done all the hard work of being beautiful. Mother had merely clutched it. I should have many more admirers, the egg agreed, not at all impressed that so few came to visit it.

Uta

Frankly, the egg doubted that Amahno would be able to follow its thoughts readily. It was, after all, quite a singular egg, and it had no trouble at all making keen observations of the world around it. For all that it did not have its own eyes, it could see quite clearly out of its Mother's - and, at the moment, out of Amahno's. I suppose I don't mind if others choose to labor on my behalf... the egg mused, and did not release the Candidate.

demon_pachabel

Bone Egg

Unexpectedly, a wave of protectiveness surged up upon Valendyr's touch. Who had caused such a stir in what had seemed, at first meeting, such a buttoned down Candidate? The egg seemed to stretch its presence over to encompass Valendyr, and perhaps to shield him from the influence of others. Indeed, I am perfectly attractive. I'm as astonished as you are. Why indeed were so few brave enough to meet it? Of course, it was a discerning egg, and some others were certainly beneath its notice. Not this fellow, however, the egg mused. This one had excellent taste and didn't seem inclined toward babying it.

Uta

Teal and Blue Lightning Egg

The egg leaned into that sense of calm, letting the cool, deep waters of Ollandin's thoughts wash over it. This was better, yes. It didn't want to think about whether it was worth anything, but it did like the kindness it was being shown. ... And he was, of course, right. It... it is overwhelming. There are so many and ... they're all so nice. And it knew very, very well that it was beneath their notice. Yet its hearts broke at the thought that it was causing these Candidates distress, and the egg tried very hard to tamp down on its feelings - which it had unknowingly been projecting.

Samuel_Carlin

Sablie's words made sense to the egg. It did spend an awful lot of time with only its mother and siblings about. If... if it leaned a little more against Sablie's hand, perhaps she might not blame it. It was quite young and quite unschooled at this sort of thing. But what was she doing? The egg didn't recognize the sound she was making, not quite. It... almost sounded like Mother's humming. Was it a similar sort of thing? Momentarily distracted, the infant latched on to the new experience.

Dea and #Teddy#

Alarmed that it had caused Ciraine pain, the dragonet lurched out of its reverie. Oh, oh no! Oh no, it was a bad egg! It was a very, very bad egg, to make her feel so poorly! Please don't... please don't worry about me. I'm a dreadful egg, and I made a mistake. A mistake that was causing several Candidates to be distressed on its behalf. The egg rocked back and forth, upset and uncertain. What should it do? She was being so kind! It didn't deserve it. It just knew it didn't deserve it. T-too kind... They had been wonderful, and it was terrible, and was a bad egg.

Its quiet, pained thoughts reached out to its Mother, who perhaps knew best of all what the baby might be feeling. Mama... mama, I messed up. I... I'm a bad egg. It didn't know what to do.

Zaikt
Tsunake

PostPosted: Wed Aug 18, 2021 2:22 am
Sablie-she/her

Sablie felt as the baby inside teal and blue lightning egg seemed to lean more against her hand. She didn't blame the baby at all, knowing they were so little and all of this was so new to them. After all, even people could get overwhelmed with feelings, no matter the age. She gently stroked the egg, trying to wrap the baby up with as much mental hugs and love as she could. She noticed it had seemed to be paying attention to her humming, which caused her to smile.

It is called humming, it is something people do when they have a song stuck in their mind, but it would be impolite to sing out loud. What I was humming is a tune to a song my mother used to sing to me when I was little. It is something that makes me happy,she explained. She then felt the rocking of the egg, oh dear, that was certainly not good. She did her best to hopefully keep it upright, looking to Kleoth, hoping the queen might be able to help. She had this distinct feeling the baby inside was calling to its mother.

Tsunake
for mention of Kleoth...Sablie is worried for baby

(Must stay with upset baby)  

Dea and #Teddy#

Shy Regular

Samuel Carlin

Aged Elocutionist

10,965 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Partygoer 500
  • Conventioneer 300
PostPosted: Wed Aug 18, 2021 12:18 pm
Ollandin

There, that was better. Ollandin let himself smile a little as the dragonet inside the Teal and Blue Lightning Egg shell seemed to relax a little, and settle, and lean, which was still surprising and yet very welcome feeling. No one should have any reason to be anything other than nice, he thought. Quiet must be nice sometimes, too, though. He certainly sometimes needed to take some time for himself when things got a little crazy. I could sit and we could just be quiet for a while? he offered, unwilling to just walk away while it was still hovering on the edge of upset.

He stayed, hand still a light touch against the shell, hopeful for even greater calm.

He was about to be disappointed.

Mhinadi

She almost held her breath at that first touch of claws. Almost. It did make her take a tiny hitch of breath in surprise, but the moment of alarm passed and she exhaled, relaxing again. Of course it would be curious. How else was it going to learn anything about them without peering as closely as it could?

"You are important," she murmured to the egg. "We're all here to meet you and make friends with you, so of course you're important." And clearly the dragonet inside knew that. Whether it would appreciate her reassurance was hard to say. Goodness, it was hard to tell whether words and thoughts helped or hurt sometimes.

So, feeling that she was best to move on, she said a quiet goodbye to the red egg and straightened to find the next egg she'd like to touch. Oh! There. The black and yellow Bee Egg seemed like just the one. She brushed her hands off again, just in case, before touching the striped shell. "Hello," she murmured happily. "I hope you're doing well in there."  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 18, 2021 2:58 pm
Papys - He/Him

Papys laughed, half leaning into his own touch as the baby inside of Grey Starry Egg wrapped him up in its embrace. Can't be everybody's friend - only because they don't want it! But that's okay! he assured, though it didn't much sound like the baby needed his assurances on it. Means I get to be over here bein' buddies with you, yeah?

-----
Matotoka - He/Him

Matotoka considered the Teal Rosette Egg's question - and with some honesty to it. There was no reason to try and hide his feelings about that. I don't mind helping or being helped. Not everything is a burden I can put on another's shoulders to have them help carry for me, though. And sometimes he carried burdens that had been thrust upon him whether he wanted to carry them or not.

-----
Josen - He/Him

Josen moved his hand as the egg seemed to guide, content to give the shell a nice, gentle rub in that spot. Right there? That's a good spot. Your entire shell is a good spot, though, he assured. Though the egg itself didn't seem to need him to linger past that - and it was right, there were many siblings who could use a little attention of their own. Thank you for letting me spend some time with you, he bid to the egg before moving on.

Right over to Cracked Egg - which wasn't actually cracked, of course, but it did seem restless. Need a distraction?

-----

Kadosse - She/Her

Kadosse beamed, settling into the sands (perhaps unwisely) so she could make herself comfortable to answer Purple Spotted Dinosaur Egg's questions. A sevenday is this many, she quietly counted off the egg's siblings, As many days - that's a sun up to the next sun up - as that many of your siblings! And we've been waiting for many! I hope there are not many of those left for us to wait for you to hatch, though.

-----
Amahno - He/Him

Amahno was unbothered by the 'hold' of the Purple and Orange Dapple Egg - nor that it truly was sharper than the candidate was. I'm always happy to help! which was true - almost obnoxiously so. So let me, if I can.  

demon_pachabel
Crew

Beloved Werewolf

SilverLutz

Offensive Hero

PostPosted: Wed Aug 18, 2021 3:00 pm
Sioryl

Going from the Grey Starry Egg to the Emperor Penguin Egg was like night and day. Sioryl was startled by the egg's serious feeling it gave off and for a moment the cheerful boy was stuck in his tracks, clearly in awe of the creature inside the shell.

"Oh no, I'm definitely here to do my job," he said, standing up just a little straighter to hopefully try to impress the dragon within. He didn't want to come off as flippant or careless! Even if he could be those things sometimes...

The little hint of amusement did worm its way into Sioryl's mind, though, and a grin crossed his own features as well. The Emperor Penguin Egg might be strong and stoic, but even strong, stoic people and dragons had to have a little fun from time to time.

"Ahem." Sioryl cleared his throat to try again, adopting a more monotone and, in his mind, 'serious' tone of voice.

"How do you do, egg? Please do your job and look through my mind and assess me. And then please tell me to go once you've had enough." And then he would go, just as was his job. See? He could do it!

---

Surel

Surel felt the baby dragon within the Green Spiderweb Egg shifting through her and the other Candidates currently touching its shell, flitting from mind to mind. Finally it settled and she let out a little breath, glad they hadn't been too overwhelming.

"Of course," she said softly, a small smile on her face. "It's a pleasure meeting everyone. Each touch of a new egg is like the first one all over again. It's always so interesting to get a peek at who is inside, so to speak."  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 18, 2021 5:11 pm
Brenley

To Bren's credit, he did try to keep his amusement under wraps so as not to provoke the already overexcited dragon, but his grin grew wider with every question. They were fascinating—the concerns of someone stuck in a confined space who had never properly seen outside of it—and he was happy to answer them all. His hands remained on the Purple Dinosaur Spots Egg, careful to keep out of the way of any other candidates who wished to join them.

It is warm today, yes, but not as warm as it is here on the sands. You need to be kept quite warm because... well, I don't know exactly why, but I presume it helps you to grow. Rain is... wet. It can be refreshing or just annoying. With each response he tried to add a feeling, however brief. Standing in a sun shower on a hot day. Rushing to feed herdbeasts under a torrential thunderstorm. Closing his eyes to better feel the breeze when his flit was on the wing. I imagine it would be fun to fly for myself. I've tried to get in my firelizard's head while he's flapping around, but for him it's nothing special, so I don't think it feels as wondrous as it could if I were in the air. The outside world is quite entertaining. You'll find out soon. I doubt there will be enough time to see everything I'd like to, not even if I had a thousand turns. He paused, distracted by a twinge of melancholy he pushed away as quickly as it had come. When he felt the uncertainty from the shell beneath his fingers, he sent back something rather bright and cheery, at least for him.

I hope that hasn't confused you. And I'm sorry if I've rambled a bit.

Smerdle

Scamp

Sweet Symmetry

Tipsy Kitten

PostPosted: Wed Aug 18, 2021 5:25 pm
Zaexillia

Zae found herself pleased by Green Spiderweb's sense of decorum: there was a neat and orderly presence here, and it appealed to her greatly. She patted the egg with a solemn gentleness, happy to bask in the communal welcome.

"Of course we're happy to meet you." Zae felt comfortable using a general we, certain nobody in their right mind would dislike meeting eggs. It was an honour to make their acquaintance. It was a privilege to Stand. And it was a life-changing moment, meeting one's dragon, if that was the path meant to be taken. Zae felt a deep sense of peace as she reflected on the possibilities, her hand lingering on the shell a little moment longer. Then, with a gracious, well-practiced smile, she thanked the egg for its time.

Pink Flower Egg was next, and Zae nodded her head as she greeted it, placing her hand gently on the shell. "I've loved flowers as long as I can remember. Your shell is ever so pretty." The young lady confessed in a whisper.

Lafyrra

The support Dusty Rainbow offered her did a lot of good. She tucked stray strands of brown hair behind her ear, whilst the other hand offered affectionate eggshell rubs. And hey, it even seemed to like her silly song. That had to be points in her favour! "I would love to meet you! Look for the girl wearing the brightest ribbons in her hair. I got told off for trying to add them to my robes..." She half-joked, giving it a fond pat in farewell. Oh, how she hoped this little dragon with its bright hearts would stop by and say hi.

Lafyrra, more at ease now, cast Natiri her usual winning grin full of self-assurance (all of her previous fear forgotten). Then she closed her eyes for a moment, opened them, and glimpsed Purple and Orange Dapple Egg. She strolled over, grinning as she laid a hand on its shell. "Hello there. It's good to meet you at last!" Unfailingly cheerful, Fyfy kept her mind open and welcoming. True, that was more recommended for the Hatching, but it couldn't hurt right? "I'm so excited to meet you all. I haven't been to a lot of Touchings myself- it makes the hardships of candidacy well worth it." Being away from home, the endless exercising and drills... And fish. Fish for breakfast, lunch and dinner. "Well, the hatchings are also pretty fantastic. And I've made some pretty cool friends, but I'm biased." The problem with Fyfy was that she sometimes didn't know when to stop talking.

ShinosBee
Hi Natiri, everything is a-okay again!

Raiden

Huh! He hadn't thought to do that. That was a good idea. Maybe the eggs each had their own opinion and a good idea could be combined from different suggestions? But would the leadership even listen to him? And would they listen to the eggs? "You are much wiser than I am, you know that? I'm glad you're having a good day. I'm definitely appreciating all the new personalities I'm meeting." Even the one who hadn't approved of him had taught him something valuable.

"Do you know just by us touching you, which ones are cut out to be riders?" There was a sense of Raiden holding back, and after a moment, he continued, "see, I don't wanna waste anyone's time. I don't wanna be a failure. If there was just a way to know if we were meant to be here... I guess that's what Search is for." He paused again, rubbing his forehead. "You must think I'm really stupid." He said in the way of apology to Grey Starry Egg. Here he was, borrowing trouble again right after Emperor Penguin had counselled him not to!

Shells, Raiden. Pull it together man.  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 18, 2021 5:56 pm
Tihrokat - He/Him

Tihrokat was beyond delighted that he seemed to have found yet another friend, and would happily return Teal Rosette's enthusiasm, absolutely brimming with good feelings.  Of course he'd stay awhile!  How could he not?  He had all sorts of stories, and Rosette was more than welcome to them; though fairly young, he'd seen a lot in his time, given how he'd grown up.  Adventure, exotic places, colorful characters, all sorts of things!  Not that every bit of it was wonderful, especially the past several months, but Tihrokat wasn't the type to linger on such things.  Life had ultimately brought him here, and that was certainly not a bad thing.

In secret, really?  Why would they need to do that in secret? The Candidate was intrigued, and in no small part fascinated, as he'd never actually dated anyone.  Had lovers, yes, but that was rather different.  Perhaps it was a secret because they were dating multiple someones?  Hmm, hmm!

Nyviane - She/Her

If Nyviane was pleased by such a review, she was graciously so, a small but genuine smile curving her lips. Thank you, she replied sincerely, offering a final curtsy as she took her leave.  Emperor Penguin had been most courteous, but had also made it clear - in the most polite of ways, by bidding her good fortune - that lingering would be unnecessary.

So she would move on to the Purple and Orange Dapple Egg, which would receive the same courtesy she had paid its siblings.  Amiable, but respectfully so: there was a dragon within, after all, a mighty defender of Pern in the making.  Without dragons, they would all be nothing. Hello, she offered, How do you do?  

Meepfur
Crew

Tsunake
Crew

Territorial Friend

PostPosted: Wed Aug 18, 2021 6:44 pm
Gold Kleoth

Her attention brushed against the Purple Spotted Dinosaur Egg both amused and fond. A sibling in spirit if you would like, yes, my darling. She can't stay today, but I promise you that she'll be back.

The plaintive cry was more than enough to have Kleoth rise, smoothly navigating her way through the clustered Candidates to make her way to the Teal Blue and Lightning Egg. Sablie, Ollandin and Ciraine were noted and she spoke to them briefly. Please step back for a moment. You may stay if you wish. She gave them all a gentle wave of warmth but they were not her focus as she pressed her muzzle to the vibrant shell. Hush, hush, my darling. She soothed, tenderly gathering her baby up in the equivalent of a mental embrace. You are not and will never be a bad egg. Would you like to tell me what happened? The question was soft, and she wouldn't mind one bit if her baby would choose not to talk about it.

Zaikt
Please stop touching the egg for now! You are free to hang nearby, Mama just wants a moment.

Samuel Carlin
Please stop touching the egg for now! You are free to hang nearby, Mama just wants a moment.

Dea and #Teddy#

---

Bukichi - He/Him

The sudden exuberance from the egg threatened to strike him dumb, and Bukichi took a sharp, sudden breath to keep himself steady. He... yes, he understood, and he was grateful for the sheer joy and love flowing from the egg. It was a very good egg, and Bukichi was glad to have met it. He pulled away then, almost overwhelmed by such affection towards him. While not an unwelcomed sensation, it was new, and he wasn't quite sure how to process it.

Noting that someone had left the egg he had originally intended to touch, Bukichi headed towards the Bone Egg. After taking a slow breath to compose himself, he quietly touched its shell. I'm sorry I didn't come to see you earlier. He thought to it. This day is for you and your siblings, and I saw no reason to make a scene.

---

Serrekhar - He/Him

Serrekhar absolutely did understand, smiling a little to himself. Yeah, he knew what the egg meant. He hoped it would keep having a good time. He removed his hand, looking around the sands before he made his way to the Grey Starry Egg. It looked like it had been getting plenty of attention, which it deserved. All of the eggs deserved it, didn't they?

---

Nemeryn - He/Him

He held himself silently, fully aware of the judgement of the egg as it looked him over, and the nudge finally exhaled quietly as it nudged against his hand. The unexpected confidence flowing through him made him straighten slightly, listening intently to the advice the egg offered. He... would do that. Thank you for teaching him. ...Good bye. He removed his hand from the shell, feeling both rattled but also invigorated.

He glanced back at Aneirin for a moment, then quietly made his way to the Teal Rosette Egg, pressing his hand against it. Hello. He's... not very good at this sort of thing, so he's sorry if he's... lacking in this regard.  
[IC RP] The Hatching Grounds

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff