Welcome to Gaia! ::

Why Not?

Back to Guilds

No rules, just Fun! Join today. 

Tags: Roleplaying, Polls, Spam 

Reply "IDT" Intelligent Discussion Threads!
Discussing Intelligent Discussion Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Natsu Dragneel

PostPosted: Sun Jul 13, 2008 11:47 am
i would say the light bulb is a good item to have or the toaster!!  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2008 7:49 am
Arachnakid
If the people who post the one-liners and smilies are just looking for attention, I think the last thing you should do is give it to them by PMing them or responding to their comments. If they post something relevant to the discussion, then acknowledge this and include them. If they post something random or unintelligent, ignore them. Sooner or later, they will either figure out that they will get more attention by actually participating, or leave to annoy people in another forum. If they don't get a response from their actions, they will get bored and stop doing it. I agree that some one-liners can actually further discussion, but if that is the case then most of the people in the topic should easily be able to tell the difference.

That does work in some cases--ignoring problem posters. But the thing is, not everyone is capable of catching on when they're not wanted. People posting stupid things in some desperate sort of persistence can be even more annoying than someone just dropping a completely irrelevant one-liner.
Plus, if you have this many people already ignoring rules that were clearly stated, how could any sort of "ignore and let die" policy be set up when it's so much more vague than the set rules?
In the cases of spamming threads, the ignoring idea is very effective. But for repeated offenses, some sort of notification should be given (in my opinion at least.)
Besides, if I'd done something wrong, I know I'd much rather have it brought to my attention so I could fix it, rather than being left in angsty uncertainty.  

The-Subtle-Knife

DesertReaperx

PostPosted: Sat Aug 16, 2008 9:36 am
hi guys  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 16, 2008 9:37 am
and hi girls  

DesertReaperx

DesertReaperx

PostPosted: Sat Aug 16, 2008 9:37 am
abc  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 22, 2008 6:26 pm
hey everyone  

AbbaNayNay

Lightwater2520

PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2008 2:17 pm
Hi  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 05, 2008 9:49 am
i am new and i dont now how to do these things but like will we have to buy things and things like that but if we do then i will have to quick and i want to stay in but ay so like i need hug opps huged myself  

Muffybuffy

Muffybuffy

PostPosted: Sun Oct 05, 2008 6:37 pm
i think that what ever you are tring do, you should ceap on tring and work on it till you get it right then i guess that you will then have no trouble then like before if you have had some problems
so i think that you should go with what you think and what you feel. like i did or my boyfriend did he took a chance. so just take a chance and you might get it withwhatever you get it  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 05, 2009 5:45 pm
this is quite queer.
as the people in the beginning to speak of unintellegent discussing & posting for attention,the whole last page is a contradiction of the post  

jbaby362

ll Christy ll

2,250 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Fri Feb 06, 2009 9:44 pm
CAN SOME ONE HELP ME WITH HERMENS MOON PLEASE  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 13, 2009 6:06 am
Quote:
jbaby362

PostPosted: Fri Feb 06, 2009 1:45 am
this is quite queer.
as the people in the beginning to speak of unintellegent discussing & posting for attention,the whole last page is a contradiction of the post

Funnily enough, I'd noticed the same thing.
Ok, in terms of the number of posts I've actually made, I'm relatively new to this guild, but even if I don't comment, I tend to read the topics in intelligent discussions. While I'm somewhat partial to spouts of randomness, when a particular board obviously isn't designed of that purpose, isn't it best to remove those posts? In the cases where someone has type somthing which is blatantly unrelevant ('hi', 'im questing X') they could be PMed explaining why, and then directed to the forum where such things would be relevant. I mean, there's an entire forum dedicated to spamming! Posts which are of uncertain value could be responded to with an email asking the person to explain their comment, with a week's delay before the post is deleted.  

charbookwyrm

bluefairy4ever

Conservative Browser

PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2009 2:06 pm
im like,sooooo into the cristmas outfit right now its like awesome and i know its past cristmas and all that so, if u lovez the cristmas thang and 'i' if not say 'no' kkz????????pluses im new to dis place so ELLO EVERYONE!!!!i dont really talk this much in one thing but i can go on and on and on and on.justies plz try de poll i suggested PLZ PLZ PLZ PLZ!!!!!  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 14, 2009 11:23 pm
Actually I just posted a reply for money I don't have any so I must do this sorry for the iterupption though!!! hehehehe  

Loki066

Loki066

PostPosted: Sat Mar 14, 2009 11:25 pm
Suzaku Kururugi 00
i would say the light bulb is a good item to have or the toaster!!

Yo! nice pic of Pein & Konan there like it man!!! rofl rofl  
"IDT" Intelligent Discussion Threads!

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces