Tags: Geezer, Mature, Age 21+ 

Reply Gaian Geezers Guild
Geezer Craft Corner Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Are you crafty like a fox?
Yes! I'm a sharpshooter with my glue gun!
55%
 55%  [ 39 ]
Ehn, I occasionally have glued myself to the carpet.
44%
 44%  [ 31 ]
Total Votes : 70

Kumahachi

PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2007 2:24 pm
I used to sew. I currently knit and I like to cook.  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2007 10:32 pm
Lil-Jo
keetabirdy
I cross-stitch...when I get a chance, I'll take some pictures of some of the things I've done.

You made me want to take out all the cross-stitch projects I haven't finished. Maybe when I quit my job I can get some of them done and start some new stuff.

Ah yes, I have some cross-stitches that my Mum told me I'd never finish. She's been dead now for 8 years, and so far she's been proved right!

My latest craft obsession is knitting caps for some of my friends who are going through chemo for breast cancer. I've got quite a little selection going, and am planning to donate the ones they don't want to the local oncology unit where most of them are getting treated.  

Catira Norr

Lil-Jo
Crew

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2007 6:45 pm
Lil-Jo
An update on my kitchen project... I haven't done much this summer because the heat is hard for me to work in and there is no air in the house. I tore down the cabinet above the diswasher and put up 2 more cabinets, and also finished rewiring the kitchen too...
User Image
sorry it is blurred...
User Image

I have currently been working on the floor in the hall... there is no air movement and the humidity is horrible so I do about 20 minutes of work and take a break... the hallway is a little over half done now.

Well, besides the last little bit of tile that is on order, the kitchen is done... finally...
User Image

This is how it started... or at least after we painted what was dark brown when we moved in..
User Image

The kitchen now has a completed island, dishwasher, new cabinets, and a counter top that matches all around.  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2007 6:57 pm
Oh... also, my daughter seems to like using our walls for canvases... about 4 years ago she did a huge wolf on the hall wall by her room. Last year she did this one on her bedroom wall.. it's actually about 5ft tall.
User Image
Today I got to see this one... she claims hse couldn't sleep. It's done on her closet doors... sorry I blurred the picture.
User Image
FYI.. that's the door to her snake's cage to the right... he's spoiled.  

Lil-Jo
Crew

BenjaminBriggs

Gallant Codger

17,100 Points
  • Jolly Roger 50
  • Protector of Cuteness 150
  • Nerd 50
PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2007 12:35 pm
eek Are you gals hiring out to do kitchen makeovers?! Great job!

I put down a wood floor in the livingroom, and only glued the wife to the floor once.

(It wasn't my fault! She lost her balance!)  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2007 12:01 am
Your daughter does great work, Lil-Jo!  

Bezant

Original Explorer

14,475 Points
  • Prayer Circle 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Overstocked 200

Lucky Hoku

PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2007 1:44 am
Umberella
Here is my crafty claim to fame on Gaia...
User Image
I made grunny slippers!

I love the grunny slippers. Do you sell them? or do you have a pattern to follow?  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2007 1:54 am
slightlyfoxed
I don't know how many Geezers are crafty, and I prolly should have posted these before Easter, but I just had to show off my silk "tie-dyed" eggs!

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Here's how according to Martha!

(Thanks for indulging me. biggrin )

I wish I had seen this before my students went on Spring Break. My 5th grade Art students and I just finished working on Pansky Eggs which were fun but quite tedious. I wish I had pictures to upload but the eggs were still de-yoking when we left for break. My little 5th graders wanted to take home their yoke dripping eggs to show to their parents and I had to say no. I felt terrible but couldn't let them take home raw eggs that hadn't fully been emptied and cleaned, that would be a health issue. I will defintely save this site for future projects. Thanks for sharing.  

Lucky Hoku

Lil-Jo
Crew

PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2007 6:19 pm
Cherry Sodah
Your daughter does great work, Lil-Jo!

Thanks... I let her know that all the time..  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2007 10:28 pm
wow lil jo her work is impressive. I just learnt how to do hand glass etching will try to post pic sometime.  

Elspeth Telrunya

freaxy
Crew

PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2007 10:48 pm
I haven't drawn in the longest time... sweatdrop  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2007 11:28 pm
WHAT a NEAT Thread!

Loved the slippers!!

And the eggs are too cool. My husband changed from a tie-a-day job to tieless, so I might have lots of material to work with... I LOVE dyeing eggs: my favorite is while they're still hot, use crayons to draw on them (the wax melts a bit) then dip them in color. We've done the gamut from the surprise "broken" egg (white lines) to rabbit/eggs. Maybe I'll try to take a picture after Friday (my official egg-dyeing day) and learn how to upload the pix.

Thanks for the inspirations!
lol  

MQubed

Umberella

PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2007 7:56 am
There's no pattern, just crocheting around the shape of my feet and stitching on the details.
I'd love to see different versions of these made in the Geezer guild!
And those wall murals are amazing. Someday I'll have the house and the guts to try something like that.  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2007 2:21 am
Kaenai
    nice ponies! O.o

the most i can do it handmake greeting cards. if i can learn to draw better, i will do more styles, but right now, they're made of card stock and scrapbooking paper. sweatdrop

I do that too biggrin I'm addicted to beautiful paper. I belong to a circle of paper-crafters who meet regularly for "crops" and such. I like to make my own watercolour background papers sometimes , and I love collage. I have sold quite a few , and if I could get my finger out I could probably make some quite decent pocket money lol I will go find something and post it here.  

Antiq

Wild Bookworm

Lil-Jo
Crew

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2007 9:37 pm
Antiq
Kaenai
    nice ponies! O.o

the most i can do it handmake greeting cards. if i can learn to draw better, i will do more styles, but right now, they're made of card stock and scrapbooking paper. sweatdrop

I do that too biggrin I'm addicted to beautiful paper. I belong to a circle of paper-crafters who meet regularly for "crops" and such. I like to make my own watercolour background papers sometimes , and I love collage. I have sold quite a few , and if I could get my finger out I could probably make some quite decent pocket money lol I will go find something and post it here.

Paper seems to be very popular in Japan. Every exchange student from Japan that we had brought us various types and colors of paper, some are quite amaizing.  
Gaian Geezers Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff