Welcome to Gaia! ::

Reality: Resurrection!

Back to Guilds

relax with us 

Tags: contests, games, variety 

Reply 8: The Nerd/Geek Hangout! Here we discuss programming, roleplaying, anime, and other nerdy things!
BAND NERDS! Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Do you love band?
  Yes. <333
View Results

Cathartic Denouement

Anxious Codger

PostPosted: Mon Dec 11, 2006 1:59 pm
Pete Wentz`
i can't wait till band camp!

"This one time, at band camp...."

x3

Woo, marching camp! xDD
Picture this: 370 highschoolers on a practice field playing Red Light, Green Light. Good times, good times....
(And yes, we have nearly four hundred people in our band.)

I march with an alto sax and play clarinet in concert band. The saxes are great, but they all call me traitor now that they found out I play clarinet. (But really, I'm a traitor to the clarinets: I played clarinet first.)

The clarinets are so naiive at times... "Whaaaaaaaat? Section cheers? Wtf??"
So now they have the Tusken Raider cheer... you raise your clarinet (or trombone; the trombones have the same cheer) and shake it over your head while grunting like a Tusken Raider from Star Wars....

Kind.of.perfect
I play clarinet and at my last football game this year I dropped my music while marching.

WTF. You guys get to march with your music? D=
We don't. We have to memorize all of ours.... "Why don't we use music on the field? Because it looks bad," says our director.

Whee, band!

PostPosted: Mon Dec 11, 2006 2:42 pm

I bet my band has the weirdest cheer of all... -Deep breath-

"S-K-A-N-K! B-A-N-D! SKANK BAND!!", we all scream, dancing and pointing at the other bands and directors. Fun, yet obnoxious...

Kumo loves playing her clarinet... ^.~ Oh, here's a random question. Anyone here in the Band Nerds Guild?

The Bossa

Cathartic Denouement

Anxious Codger

PostPosted: Mon Dec 11, 2006 3:36 pm
Our band has some of the most perverted cheers....
There's "Saxophone Cheer Number Five: Park and Blow," the tubas' "I love lesbians!" and then the two perverted versions of the Form Banana cheer. e.e;;

Then some of them are just plain cruel and inappropriate.... The tubas have the 'Hellen Keller went to town a-riding on a pony' cheer and the 'Terry Shivo went to town a-riding on a pony' cheer.

Then there's the "A-Plus FCAT" cheer, for when we lose against a school that has low FCAT ratings, and the "We've got money, yes we do, we've got money, how 'bout you?" for when we lose against a school that doesn't have much money.

There's a Band Nerds Guild? o.o;;

PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2006 8:14 pm
Well sadly we have the best band in our league and even oposing school's cheerleaders dance to our music it's very sad but i'm not dissing my band because we're good... but our last band director moved and a bunch of kidds droped out of band. So we're not as good any more.  

Rogue.Squirrel

Oh My Moogle

Distinct Seeker

PostPosted: Thu Dec 14, 2006 6:51 pm
No one can ever keep track of what I'm doing in regular and marching band. ^^;;; I used to play flute (4th and 5th grade) and did color guard for a year. Now I can be found playing either trumpet or French horn/mellophone the most. I should be doing Pit next year for marching band (I've done something different in it every season). What can I say? I'm making the most of my grade school band years. ^^  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 16, 2006 5:37 pm

I LOVE BAND SO MUCH!!!! heart heart heart heart heart heart
I am such a band geek. I am in eighth grade, have been playing flute since fifth. I also learned piccolo last year. SO AWESOME annoying people with my perfect fortissimo in high register. w007 w007! blaugh my picc's name is Squeaker.
Our band is the best junior high band in the area, and sadly I can't tell you who we are because that would be "personal information". crying
My flute died this morning. The Ab left pinky key is permanently bent and loose, and I have had to hold it down with my right thumb. And now the Eb trill key is permanently loose, so it will NOT play in key below a G above the staff. mm-hmm. crying So now I can't sell it on Ebay, because it wouldn't get much money for being broken and, yeah. I got the flute from a friend who switched to clarinet, who got it on Ebay. His name is Elmo (named by Jack 3nodding )
I love all band geeks *hugs everyone who posted here*!! Unless you're
populear. xp my almost-bf was, is a band geek, nerd. w00t!
out of time...
*edits*
my flute's actually not dead. it's just a loose screw. at least with the trill key. stressed that used to happen to me all the time. still has the Ab problem though.
I got a new [open holed!!] flute for christmas. His name is Johhny (Johnny Depp/John Lennon, i'm not quite sure.) confused
I want to sell Elmo to a Beginning student. aand their parents will pay to get it repaired mrgreen

musicfreak42

Rogue.Squirrel

PostPosted: Sun Dec 17, 2006 11:22 pm
HEY I'M LDS TO... just thought i'd share that and...

My school is weird... Band nerds all hang out together and the rest of the school population is Punk/emo/skater and preps. Emos act like preps to and its kind of freaky. I'm in the 'freak' group because... let's just say i'm not normal anywhere I go but it's fun and I love it. Us band nerds are all pretty cool though... ok the lower bands are awsome. The wind ensemble has some pretty conceded musicians and it ruins the fun for the rest of us. Like our drum major... EVERY ONE hates him. It's kind of funny because he's to canceded to realize it.  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2007 5:44 pm
Rogue.Squirrel
HEY I'M LDS TO... just thought i'd share that

YAY!! heart User Image  

musicfreak42

solid_sam

PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2007 8:15 pm
i play the clarinet and i play in the marching/pep/concert band...  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2007 8:23 pm
I play the greatest instrumentizzle, Baritone Saxophone! I'm in my pep concert marching and jazz bands! I love it!!! We have a small band that's rebuilding now. We used to have a 100+ piece band then we lost our teacher and dropped down to 40. I love being a band geek!  

dabuttmonkee

8: The Nerd/Geek Hangout! Here we discuss programming, roleplaying, anime, and other nerdy things!

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games