Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian Geezers Guild

Back to Guilds

A guild for users 21 and over 

Tags: Geezer, Mature, Age 21+ 

Reply Game Room
Name that Tune - List is Completed Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... 12 13 14 15 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Which do you prefer?
Let each list run until it is complete
22%
 22%  [ 8 ]
Change the list after 1 week, even if incomplete
25%
 25%  [ 9 ]
Change the list after 2 weeks, even if incomplete
14%
 14%  [ 5 ]
Other (please post)
2%
 2%  [ 1 ]
No preference
11%
 11%  [ 4 ]
Gold!
22%
 22%  [ 8 ]
Total Votes : 35

Rhiannon2006

PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2006 1:52 pm
Congrats, Lil Jo! biggrin  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2006 4:08 pm
I think one week is long enough, maybe one week of basic lyrics and then clues and hints in the second week?

Uh... congrats Lil Joe.  

Harbone
Crew

Malheureux
Crew

PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2006 4:47 pm
The only reason I said two weeks is because some people (such as myself and others) are only able to get online a couple times a week. So the extra week would be to give those of us a chance to get in on the game.  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2006 5:27 pm
Thanks guys...

1 week - 2 weeks... maybe 10 days??? The current round has only been up for 4 days and for the most part it is almost done. If we go down to 1 week I am not sure we will be able to keep this thread running, we would have to have a lot of people submiting lyrics to help out. Possibly go 1 week unless everthing is answered, then add hints or extended lyrics to finish the round off.  

Lil-Jo
Crew

keetabirdy

Friendly Gekko

PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2006 12:50 am
ok, right now, I think the idea that most people are putting forth or are willing to compromise on is letting it run for 1 week and then giving some kind of clue for the remaining songs in the second week. This is fine with me, and what I am going to go with, unless anyone has objections?

Right now, for the clues, I'm thinking about adding a little bit every other day? For example starting on the first day of the second week:

Day 1: Add 2 more lines of lyrics to the remaining songs.

Day 3: Posting the first letter of the name of the artist(s), excluding the word "the"

Day 5: Post an entire verse of the lyrics that may or may not have the song titile in them.

Day 7: Post a kind of fill in the blank, with the first letter of each word in the title and the name of the artist(s).

If you have suggestions as to ideas for clues or as to how to implement them, please feel free to make suggestions smile I want to make this as fun as possible for everyone  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2006 6:46 pm
I think the Golden Prize should decrease (somehow) with each clue...
Or maybe you should award the prize based on Week 1 and then just do the rest for S&G.  

Malheureux
Crew

keetabirdy

Friendly Gekko

PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2006 11:56 pm
Malheureux
I think the Golden Prize should decrease (somehow) with each clue...
Or maybe you should award the prize based on Week 1 and then just do the rest for S&G.
hmmm...interesting idea, I wonder how I could implement it though...  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2006 12:31 am
I think Malheureux has got something there, too. A decreasing prize would probably be cheaper in the long run, anyway.

PS. As to length of contests: I'm on pretty irregularly myself, but I like to see the answers quickly since I'm not so good at guessing. Of course, I guess I could just google it when I get frustrated and give up, like I did with this last one.

Alllll right. Fine. Two weeks. That sounds reasonable enough.  

Harbone
Crew

keetabirdy

Friendly Gekko

PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2006 11:05 am
I juts don't know how I could make the decreasing amount of the prize work....but I could make the point value of getting the answer correct less. So...say, instead of getting 1 point for it, you would get half a point and then a third of a point and then a quarter of a point...like that? It would also be an effective way of breaking up ties 3nodding  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2006 11:12 am
Each correct answer is now worth .75 points

Additional lyrics for number 9:

Instead of kneeling in the sand,
catching teardrops in my hand.
My heart is drenched in wine.
But you'll be on my mind, forever.

Additional lyrics for number 12:
Every step I take, I take in you.
You are my way Jesus
Every breath I take, I breathe in you.

Additional lyrics for number 14:
In love with the night mysterious,
The night when you first were there,
In love with my joy delirious,
When I knew that you could care,  

keetabirdy

Friendly Gekko

Rhiannon2006

PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2006 4:01 pm
Okay... I think I finally got #12....
Every Move I Make by Point of Grace

They play this song at chapel at my sons' school all the time. I snuck a peek at the CD for the artist as I've have heard at least two different groups perform this song... the other group being the David Crowder Band.  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2006 4:17 pm
correct 3nodding  

keetabirdy

Friendly Gekko

keetabirdy

Friendly Gekko

PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2006 4:26 pm
I did some tweaking to the amount of the prizes. I want to be able to keep this going for quite a while, so I lowered the amounts a little, so I could be sure to be able to afford it.  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2006 4:51 pm
keetabirdy
I did some tweaking to the amount of the prizes. I want to be able to keep this going for quite a while, so I lowered the amounts a little, so I could be sure to be able to afford it.

I was somewhat conserned about this as well. Perhaps (since they cannot participate in the guessing and thereby have no chance of winning) the person who submits a list of songs should make a contribution to the final winnings if they can afford it. Or maybe bragging rights could be prize enough. This could become quite a pixellated financial burden for Ms. Keetabirdy, even if she may currently have millions of gold pieces. When you start passing out your gold by the thousands you can become rather broke in a relatively short period of time... Just ask Mikey Jackson...  

Malheureux
Crew

keetabirdy

Friendly Gekko

PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2006 6:29 pm
Malheureux
keetabirdy

I was somewhat conserned about this as well. Perhaps (since they cannot participate in the guessing and thereby have no chance of winning) the person who submits a list of songs should make a contribution to the final winnings if they can afford it. Or maybe bragging rights could be prize enough. This could become quite a pixellated financial burden for Ms. Keetabirdy, even if she may currently have millions of gold pieces. When you start passing out your gold by the thousands you can become rather broke in a relatively short period of time... Just ask Mikey Jackson...
Well, we'll see how I do for a little while first, before I start asking for help from the players. I think I should be able to handle the amounts I have listed there. I mean, part of the point of giving the prizes was simply because I like donating to people smile  
Game Room

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... 12 13 14 15 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff