Welcome to Gaia! ::

Why Not?

Back to Guilds

No rules, just Fun! Join today. 

Tags: Roleplaying, Polls, Spam 

Reply "KFC" Kentucky Fried Chicken (aka "TFC" The Food Court)
Sneaking food into the theatre. . . Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Sneaking snacks in . . .
  Dude, I do it all the time!
  I do it frequently.
  I've been known to slip in with a little candy every now and then.
  I rarely do it.
  I've done it at least once.
  I have never snuck a snack in the theatre!
  . . .
View Results

MommiiDearest

Beloved Elocutionist

11,100 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Guildmember 100
PostPosted: Thu Aug 13, 2009 7:47 pm
Once my friend and I snuck in Taco Bell, and we got caught.
Buuut, the great part is, the person who was on theatre security sat with us and ate our tacos so we didn't get in trouble.
It was fabulous.
xD

PostPosted: Wed Aug 19, 2009 1:28 pm
i haven't really ever done it in my hometown (Blanding, Utah) but in Salt Lake City, I've done it through the coaxing of a parent. I'd carry one of those big purses, and it would have candy, popcorn (in a big ziploc bag) and cans of soda. i don't do it so much when i'm on my own. either i'll suck it up and buy the food (not so steep in Blanding) or not eat anything.  

SchizoSpazz

Space Phantom

10,900 Points
  • Prayer Circle 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Hive Mind 200

Dazzled Distress

PostPosted: Wed Aug 19, 2009 7:36 pm
uhhh yes and sumtimes i sneak into the theatre without paiying to get in or for the snacks  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 25, 2009 1:22 pm
I haven't gone to the movies in awhile but when I went more often, I usually snuck something in that from what I recall, the concession store didn't carry. It might just be my imagination but it seems a lot of the movie theaters carry the same products x_x The reason for that might be that we tended to go to the theaters owned by a particular outfit, though.  

Courier Canary

Iglooser

6,925 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Member 100
PostPosted: Fri Nov 13, 2009 8:56 pm
3 culinary students in Portland + tons of awesome food carts and little convenience stores + huge purses = My college roommates and I.... Usually we would just go to the Rite Aid and load up on juice and candy..

BUT there were those times then things like to go containers full of Thai food or pizza boxes would find their way in to the theater. I was the one carrying them.. Because of my collection of big bags... WOOO! LOL  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 16, 2009 6:50 pm
i only do it if the snacks are available where im leaving or if i have the money to buy the snacks. one awesome story about this food things is i went to see district 9 and i wanted pretzel nuggets so i went to get em but they were out so the guy gave me a very small discount (a mistake perhaps) and he brought them to me in the theater  

Drumgasmic Monkeyguy

Sarcastic Squirrel

PostPosted: Sat Nov 21, 2009 1:51 pm
It's a scam, to make you buy theirfood, that's also why they make their popcorn so salty, so you have to buy a drink.

SCREW THE AUTHORITIES! SMUGGLE THE WHOLE DAMN FRIDGE IN!  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 09, 2009 4:23 am
I've done it with smaller things if i don't really have the money to spend, but if i do I'll get my stuff at the concession stand. I'm all for supporting theaters. Especially the one here in Zanesville, considering we finally got one that doesn't suck!  

Nostrus Silverstream

demon child me

7,950 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Friendly 100
PostPosted: Tue Jan 25, 2011 8:47 am
We used to do it all the time (not recently because we haven't been). The drinks and snacks are always triple was you could pay for them at the convenience store next door (giant box of candy for $1 compared to $3 or $4). And the movie theaters never had a big selection of snacks I wanted, whereas the convenience store had everything. We might order a big drink and share it though, hard to sneak in drinks.

Or we go to one of the various fast food joints about five minutes away and eat that before heading it. It's cheaper, more filling, and does the same amount of damage health-wise than their snacks or their new "restaurant" (even more expensive).

I wouldn't recommend sneaking in a whole meal though, gets kind of messy. Snacks are completely fine though, and even small drinks if you can fit them. Just take care of your mess, whether you brought it in or bought it there.  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 25, 2011 9:04 am
Sneaking food into the theatre is a bad thing because then the people at the concession stand don't make money and then they don't get paid and possibly laid off, and then they lose their home because they couldn't get another job. Also, theatres are probably charged a lot.  

Sup3r_Bwahaha

Barton Witch

18,800 Points
  • Budding Witch 250
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Partygoer 500

PenPhantom

PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2011 7:54 pm
The town I used to live in had very cheap tickets, so it was no big deal for me to buy popcorn. Since I've moved I haven't really bought anything at the theater other than the tickets, because it's just way too much. Also, I don't think it's a big deal if you want to bring in something that the theater doesn't offer.  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 07, 2011 12:54 am
User Image

I've never done it, but I'm not against it.

User Image

minus infinity

Fluffy Fatcat

Gyzvx

Friendly Explorer

11,850 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Fortuitous Finder 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2012 2:11 pm
[Kegan]
Oh, one theatre/theater around me has arena seating, and awesome food in the stands,...like Pizzeria Uno's pizza. I just can't resist getting pizza...and I eat it so fast too...

>.> share with me your theatrical gastrocnemius wonder place good... sir? (your avi makes it hard to tell.)  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2013 11:51 am
I do it when I can, or just skip food altogether when going.

When $5 gets a tiny cup of ice cream or a bag of chips with a small container of cheese, that's when I decide to go for a $2 snack from a nearby store instead.  

B1g_crunch

Questionable Loiterer

8,800 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Flatterer 200
"KFC" Kentucky Fried Chicken (aka "TFC" The Food Court)

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games