Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Suites

Back to Guilds

The most classy, organised, literate general discussion guild on Gaia, with lots of friendly, welcoming members. 

Tags: discussion, literate, friendly, variety, entertaining 

Reply RP Retreat
* Harry Potter; Mauraders' Era; lunch (next muggle studies); Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... 34 35 36 37 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

<3;
  <3;
View Results

Mistril

PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2007 6:52 pm
"The gossip? I wouldn't exactly call it that, but the news is bustling. Didn't you hear the comotion outside? It's going to make a great article!"

"I wasn't sure what was going on, didn't want to be nosey, but I did hear quite a bit of noise. Were they having an argument of some sort?" He replied politely.

Venatici then noticed that she hadn't taken a seat. Not wanting to be rude, he marked the page that he had been reading and closed the book, setting it next to him.

"Why don't have a seat? If you haven't anywhere else to be, that is."

PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2007 7:39 pm
"Why don't have a seat? If you haven't anywhere else to be, that is."

"Ah, no thanks Venatici, I should probably get going so I can finish this article. Be on the look out for it! It should be floating somewhere between the grand hall and third floor after the feast!" With that, Rita waved goodbye and exited the compartment.

Once back in the hall, she headed toward the compartment Sirius, Remus, and Bellatrix had vacated. She only saw Peter Pettigrew in the compartment, but judging by how he was acting, James Potter must have been in there too, just out of her sight. "Nothing more to see here, " she said to herself. She reversed her direction back to her compartment. She open the door and noted it was still vacant. "How surprising . . . but no matter, to work!"

Ky Jelly

8,350 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100

Le Papillon Pleurant

850 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Statustician 100
PostPosted: Sat Feb 24, 2007 1:12 pm
It had been three years since the last time her parents actually walked her to the platform. It had been one year ago that they actually walked her into the station and bought her a ticket. Now, on her first day as a fifth year student, all they did was drop her off at the corner and give her money to buy her ticket. She seemed relatively digusted by the conduct of her Muggle parents and their dislike of her "gifts" all of a sudden.

Thanks a lot, God, she thought as she looked up toward the sky, her wavy black hair floating around her as she walked briskly toward one of the compartments on the train. You really picked a happy bunch to drop me with. Her indigo-colored eyed looked ahead through her thick spectacles as she glanced about and noticed a compartment occupied by a young man with stringy black hair and a hooked nose. (Severus. xD) "Excuse me," said the Ravenclaw as she stuck her wand in the front pocket of the grey and blue plaid skirt she wore. "Is this seat taken? All th eothers are a bit full. Sorry to be a bother." She gave a polite smile and nodded.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 24, 2007 3:23 pm
Remus gave an unenthusiastic smirk to his friend, punching him playfully on his thigh for his little Prefect joke. He was just waiting for this, knew that the jokes would come, but right now Remus did not want to talk about himself or being Prefect -- he wanted to talk about Sirius, for that was what he came to this compartment for. Turning, he looked at his friend directly in the eyes, feeling his blood boil slightly and his face heat up which was something that was a completely new sensation...maybe he was coming down with a cold?

"What's the matter, Sirius?" Remus said finally, looking from Sirius to his hands and then back again. "And don't tell me nothing, because I know damn well that that is not the case. You wouldn't've charged out of the compartment if something wasn't up." And there Remus goes again, saying more than he needed to. Quickly, he looked through the glass of the compartment door, double checking that no one was looking in on them before he added, "You know you can tell me anything, and if you don't, I'll just get James to. Either way, I am going to know."

comfylove
Crew

Mistril

PostPosted: Sat Feb 24, 2007 5:40 pm
"Ah, no thanks Venatici, I should probably get going so I can finish this article. Be on the look out for it! It should be floating somewhere between the grand hall and third floor after the feast!"

"Have fun with that, then. I'll be sure to keep an eye out for it, I always find your articles very interesting."

After the door closed behind her, Venatici reached into his bag and got out a toy for Ara. She seemed awfully bored, and she was now lying on his book. Her tail started to sway back and forth as soon as she saw the toy, and she moved into her pouncing position. After several minutes of playing with her, Venatici tossed the toy on the floor, watching her attack it. He then turned so that his back was against the wall and put his feet up on the seat, keeping his feet out of her way. He watched her toss the toy around for a few moments, and then went back to reading his book.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 24, 2007 8:52 pm
Severus looked over at the noise of the compartment door opening. In through it walked a small girl around his age, black-haired and eyes magnified by glasses. "Excuse me, is this seat taken? All the others are a bit full. Sorry to be a bother."

He nodded his assent; she didn't seem like she would be too much of a bother. Not that he minded sharing compartments with others. He moved his things around a bit so as to make more room for her, grabbing his book from the seat on which he had set it and placing it back into his bag.

un de plus pamplemousse

Le Papillon Pleurant

850 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Statustician 100
PostPosted: Sun Feb 25, 2007 7:14 am
Hestia smiled in a slightly relieved way when he moved his things so she would be allowed to sit. "Thank you. It's dreadfully crowded on the train nowadays," she mentioned as she sat down and leaned back a bit. She examined the Slytherin for a few moments before extending her hand.
"I'm Hestia Jones, fifth year Ravenclaw," she introduced politely. Hestia was never one to meet somebody without being formally introduced. It was pounded into her head ever since she learned how to talk.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 25, 2007 11:17 am
knock knock Sybill blinked, not expecting this, but answered the door of her compartment.
"Hello, dear, would you like anything off the cart?" the witch asked.
Sybill looked upwards for a moment and then answered the witch. "The Fates inform me the Pumpkin Pasties are especially good today."
"They're quite right, I'm sure," the witch answered with a slight roll of her eyes. Gold exchanged hands and Sybill sat back down to munch on her snack.

Sikhe

Maze

PostPosted: Sun Feb 25, 2007 11:19 am
Crabbe and Goyle were quiet.

Lucius frowned at a spot between their heads as he mentally willed the people outside the compartment to shut up already, and let him have his peace. Much as he valued information, he did not value it being heralded by loud noises.

Unless it was absolutely positively unavoidable. But this, surely, was not absolutely positively unavoidable. Was it really that difficult to discuss things with a little finesse?

Didn't anyone teach their children anything anymore? They should be seen, not heard. After all, his parents had done a marvelous job of raising him, and he had never had any trouble with people being rude to him. He, on occasion, might give other people a well-deserved piece of his mind, mind, but that was only normal.

Crabbe and Goyle were still quiet.

He was..

".. Oh, for the love of, fine, tell me about the new seeker."

Crabbe and Goyle wouldn't shut up for the rest of the trip, he had no doubt. Lucius let them prattle on.  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 25, 2007 3:58 pm
Sirius gave a dry, mirthless chuckle. Why was it so difficult to tell Remus the truth? Of all his friends, it was Remus who would be the most understanding, yet he would also be the one who'd make him talk about it. He realised that the reason he didn't want to tell him was that he didn't want Remus to pity him, especially since Remus's problems were far greater than his own petty family ordeals. He sighed, looking up at him and giving a small smile.

"It really is nothing, Remus. Bellatrix just really grates on my nerves sometimes. I wish she didn't feel the need to hang about all the time, ordering me around. I think she forgets that I'm older than her." Sirius knew that his excuse wasn't a good one, but he really, really couldn't bring himself to tell him. He ran his fingers through his hair, seemingly nonchalantly, "I know I can tell you anything, you prat. I don't know what you'd ask James to tell you, since there's nothing to tell." He gave a quick, awkward laugh before letting his hand fall to his lap and looked down. "I'm fine."

Freak Show Excess

ieatwood

Distinct Rogue

8,500 Points
  • Battle: Rogue 100
  • Clambake 200
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Sun Feb 25, 2007 8:05 pm
Thanathos, Bellatrix's white kitten, leaned his entire weight into Bella's hand while she stroked him. At least the train was on its way and everyone seems to have cleared out of the hallways, she thought to herself. The kitten's blue eyes turned up towards her, mewing softly as he butted his head against her hand, purring. A few compartments up from her's, she could already hear the snack cart coming down the train. It wasn't another moment or two before the witch knocked on the door, Bella smiled politely at the women when she opened swung the door open.

"Anything off the cart?"

Bella ordered two chocolate frogs, thanking the woman as she shut the door. Thos padded over to her, his ears cocked curiously. She smiled down at the kitten, opening both boxes, the frogs springing out of their cardboard prisons, one left, one right; past Thos. The kitten pounced to the left, biting on the frogs chocolate eye.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 25, 2007 8:34 pm
"I'm Hestia Jones, fifth year Ravenclaw."

Severus inclined his head politely as he took the girl's outstretched hand, shaking it. "I'm Severus Snape. Slytherin, fifth year. Nice to meet you. I'm glad this compartment hasn't filled up yet; I'm actually suprised you're the first one who's come to join me, actually." He sat back in his seat. He supposed he should engage her in a little conversation, since she had been so polite. "How was your summer holiday, then?" He asked, a little awkwardly, as he was unused to small talk-- or company, for that matter.

un de plus pamplemousse

Maze

PostPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2007 11:41 am
A polite knock interrupted Crabbe and Goyle's fervent discussion on what the better placement was, the pro's and con's of this or that coach and so on and so forth. Lucius would have graciously entrusted his opinion to them but today..

"Good morning, " the witch pushing the snack-car greeted them, as Crabbe had gotten up and opened the door (What? As if Lucius would bother with such a menial task when he didn't have to? Please..) "Would you fine young gentlemen want anything from.."

Lucius held up a hand, and she quieted.

"Three cockroach clusters, two chocolate frogs, six fizzing whizbees, one acid pops pack, four jelly slugs packs, and six bertie botts jelly beans. Ah, four of which should be sugar-free." He smiled, or rather, smirked benevolently at Crabbe and Goyle while the witch produced the requested number of items.

"Why yes, your mothers did speak to my mother, who then, in turn, spoke to me. I will not have that again, do you hear?"

"But Malfoy," Goyle said, horrified, as Crabbe looked on, somewhat dejected. "Sugar-free?"

"Oh, please. Don't give me that look, it's hardly befitting someone of your age. Besides, there'll be trips aplenty to Hogsmeade," he reminded them.

He graciously accepted the sweets and eyed the pair pointedly. "Now pay the lady, I'm sure that she has more to do than watch you two simper like a couple of first-year-students.."

With obvious reluctance, if those deep sighs were anything to go by, Crabbe and Goyle did as they were told.

And then Lucius kept the chocolate frogs.

b*****d.

Oh, he told them it was for their own good, of course, but still..  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2007 12:37 pm
Gilderoy woke from his nap feeling revitalized. He stood and stretched, his rumbling stomach alerting him to his need for nourishment. He opened the compartment door and looked for the nearest fan club member. Instead, he saw a second year still in her muggle clothing heading in his direction.

“Excuse me, young lady! Yes, you there. May I have a moment of you time?” The girl gave him a perplexed look yet still approached his compartment. “Thank you so much for stopping by. I was wondering if a lovely lady like yourself might know if the food cart has already passed by?” Gilderoy’s stomach decided to accentuate the need for food by rumbling. This caused him to flush a little, smiling nervously while ranking his fingers through his hair. “As you can hear, my stomach would also really like to know.”

The girl looked up at him and squeaked, “IdunnoknowwherethecartifthecarthaspassedbutIcangofinditforyouifyourwouldlike.” It came out in such a rush Gilderoy had some trouble understanding. Smiling at her, he said, “Whoa, slow down a little. It’s okay to talk slowly sometimes. I do it a lot.” The girl took a few deeps breathes then tried again. “I don’t know where the cart is, but I can go find the cart if you would like.” As she finished, she bowed her head a little, embarrassed that she had to repeat herself. Gilderoy knelt down, took the girls chin in his hand, and raised her gaze to his own. “A beautiful lady like yourself should never bow her head to anyone. In fact, I should bow to you,” and he did such. “If it would not be a bother to you, I would greatly appreciate your finding the cart for me.”

The girl nodded fervently, and then raced down the corridor, looking for the food cart. Gilderoy watched her go with an amused expression on his face. “Yes, that will probably be another for the club. I should alert the president.” He re-entered his compartment and waited for the arrival of the food cart.

Mmm Bop

yellis

PostPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2007 1:30 pm
Peter had sat in the train compartment in complete silence since sirius left, the tension in the carriage was heavy, Peter kept glancing at James for a sign or an emotion or anything but nothing happened. It was if Peter was invisible, he carefully chewed on a jelly bean, taking a bit too much time as he'd usually have necked the box in 3 seconds flat. *What the hell do i do?* he thought to himself over and over, lost without instructions. Peter suprised himself when he felt his body shift and walked out of the compartment, stalking up the train clumsily knocking stray first years over in his haste to find Remus and Sirius, he spotted them towards the front of the train, from the looks of it whatever was going on was serious, cautiously he tapped on the glass to alert them of his prescence. Grinning stupidly, he knew he was interrupting but his need for company took over.  
RP Retreat

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... 34 35 36 37 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff