Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Stephenie Meyer Guild™

Back to Guilds

Tags: Twilght, Vampire, Jacob, Edward, New mon 

Reply Eclipse
The Red Ribbon Meaning[Eclipse Cover Spoiler] Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Hitokiri-hime

PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2007 9:45 pm
I think the torn ribbon is to represent perhaps a promise being broken? That's what I thought when I saw it.  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2007 6:50 pm
Phantomette
I don't think it's a scarf.
It's very thin and is torn in two towards the top, as has been said.
It was an excellent thought though!

Anyone else noticed that red is a recurring theme on all the covers?
Perhaps the person who designs the covers likes M. Night Shyamalan.

Or perhaps its just cuz red is associated strongly with blood, and thus vampires.  

Gethyn

What-I-am-Is-ME

PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2007 4:55 pm
He He...
I cant wait till Eclipse comes out...When i first saw the cover instint thought light poped up in my lttle mind...The tear in the ribbon could simbolize a pain of somesort like Bella Having to choose between Edward and Jacob...The color red means many different things like love because Bella loves them both...some more than others but still love...Red also a simble of blood maybe Jacob and Edward face it off one on one and thus some blood is still shead. Or The pain Bella may/or may not feel is caused by the many deaths around her...rouge vampire on teh loose...A red ribbon is occasionally centered into love and stuff like that...ne!?
Still thats just me coming from teh littlest of minds
~mack

PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2007 3:40 pm
A Thousand Painful Memory
the tulip did have something to do with new moon, rember Edward asked Bella to marry him, flowers wedding, that kinda thing, the apple had something to do with Twilight Edawrd or Bella alwasy would eat an apple, the ribbon has to have something to do with it

i don't know if its just the typos or if its just worded funny, but i have no idea what you are talking about... sweatdrop  

wanna_b_vampire

Karaiya_Ine

PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2007 9:13 am
A Thousand Painful Memory
Alisox
When I looked at it, I saw ribbon, I didnt even think scarf.

I doubt it has anything to do with the story though. The tulip had nothing to do with New Moon.

EDIT: Doesnt look too good to me either, but it is torn. I can see the fray a little there.
the tulip did have something to do with new moon, rember Edward asked Bella to marry him, flowers wedding, that kinda thing, the apple had something to do with Twilight Edawrd or Bella alwasy would eat an apple, the ribbon has to have something to do with it

Thats true also but Stephenie didn't have anything to do with the cover of New Moon but she said that Eclipse's cover wuold give too much away so she might of had some decision about that cover

Not to figure out what it means lol...  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2007 1:52 pm
Cute_honor_student666
What could it mean? It makes me think of St.Marcus day in Volterra when the woman's scarf floats away.How that could possibly be connected, I don't know. It's just the first thing I thought of.

Stephenie said that the cover would give too much away. What could this mean?
I imagine the rip is significant.
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

I think the ribbon could be a symbol for a relationship in Bella's life. Either Jacob or Edward. And the rip means the end of that relationship. So I'm thinking more towards Jacob. But that's just my thoughts.  

Song of the Sirens

Fuzzy Shapeshifter

Gunslinger4ever

PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2007 1:21 pm
On all of Stephenie Meyer's covers there have been white and red, Except with Eclipse.

Now with Twilight Edward and Bella were just meeting, and falling in love, so the white(dead) hands were holding the red(very alive and full of blood) Apple. The white hands being Edward, and the red apple being Bella.

With New Moon the relationship grew at the beginning,seperated, but is the strongest it has ever been at the end. The flower on the cover is of the two life and death colors merging.

With Eclipse there is broken life. That could either mean Edward leaves bells alive, and hurting. Or it means that her life is broken, as in he left, or she was turned. I do not think however that Edward will turn her. He loves her too much. But we never know.

The rip in the ribbin could also mean that Bella's life is torn between Edward her love, and Jacob her best friend.
PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2007 9:07 pm
    User Image

I think the rip has to do with Edward, but I couldn't help noticing the fact that the ribbion isn't ripped all the way.
There's just a few threads that still connect it--there must be a reason for that.
Also, that scarf theory is intersting, I never thought of that!

♫♪♬
[[
What's the worst that I can say?]]
[[
Things are better if I stay]]
[[
So long and goodnight]]

Erotica-Exotica

xanti-lolx

PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2007 9:16 pm
I think it represents how Bella is split between Edward and Jacob.  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2007 3:26 pm
Maybe its Bella being ripped in two between Edward and Jacob
and how its slowing starting to get bigger and bigger.
also the cover is being more red
on twilight, there was very little red, so Bella wasnt a vampire
on new moon, there was more red, showing Bella is decided to become a vampire
on eclipse, there is no white, so maybe Bella is a vampire now and because of that Jacob is pulling himself out of her life, thus the tearing  

charliechick117

arya241

PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2007 6:59 pm
i think it has something to do with her turning into a vampire and her old life and her new life as a vampire and what spepshal gifts she gets as a vampire  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2007 9:55 am
Alisox
When I looked at it, I saw ribbon, I didnt even think scarf.

I doubt it has anything to do with the story though. The tulip had nothing to do with New Moon.

EDIT: Doesnt look too good to me either, but it is torn. I can see the fray a little there.

It could just be symbolic?
There were no apples in Twilight and no Tulips in New Moon (none that I can remember anyway), but if we concentrate on the color it makes more sense.

Mezo

Magical Bear

Mezo

Magical Bear

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2007 10:00 am
sperd_nerd20
on eclipse, there is no white, so maybe Bella is a vampire now and because of that Jacob is pulling himself out of her life, thus the tearing

I'm going to have to agree with you. It's almost exactly what I've been thinking.
Maybe it has very little to do with Jacob? Or at least not as much as we think it does. Maybe it has to do with her decision to stray away from humanity and her parents...? Because Charlie and Renee made her decision harder, though she loves Edward, she still can't hurt them.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2007 4:18 pm
Mezo the strange
sperd_nerd20

I'm going to have to agree with you. It's almost exactly what I've been thinking.
Maybe it has very little to do with Jacob? Or at least not as much as we think it does. Maybe it has to do with her decision to stray away from humanity and her parents...? Because Charlie and Renee made her decision harder, though she loves Edward, she still can't hurt them.

i never thought of it as her parents, but thats really good!!  

charliechick117

Mezo

Magical Bear

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2007 5:22 pm
sperd_nerd20
Mezo the strange
sperd_nerd20

i never thought of it as her parents, but thats really good!!

Everyone's guessing a Jacob/Edward clash. And it might be that or it could be something else. I'm just looking at possibilities. =D  
Eclipse

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff