No
  Gold Please
View Results

SweetestSadist

Hopeful Businesswoman

PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2008 1:36 am
pokeman or yu-gi-oh mrgreen  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2008 8:05 am
When I was very little, though can't say how old...was I 5? or 7? or 9? I can't tell, I only know it was during elementary school, the minute I got home I would do my homework and run upstairs to the horribly cluttlered, extra bedroom where a smallish tv sat on a dresser. We couldn't usually watch tv downstairs then, because one of my parents would be using it. Though we did watch tv in the living room when we could. My sister and I would just be waiting for TUNAMI to come on with all our favorites, DragonBall, DragonBallZ, Sailor Moon, Poke'mon, and Yu Gi Oh.

As a very small, impressional child, DragonBall was close to my heart, I don't think I missed a single episode. The fighting thrilled me, I wished I could be that strong, I wanted adventures like that so that I could save the world with my fists, I wanted to get hurt badly and end up in the hospital so that people could gush over me, and I wanted to travel to a distant planet and see the sights. I'm ashamed to admit that I started to do push-ups every day, so that I could be just like all those people in the "cartoon".
I was so happy when DragonballZ came out, I mean, the strongest fighter ever had a son?! wicked!

Poke'mon was a big thing for me in the same way as Dragonball, it amazed me and gave me hope for the future that Ash, a kid only a little older than me, could travel the world and see the sights and grow up on the road. Not only that, but his mom supported him in that! I wanted the same destiny, I didn't want to wait. I used to collect the cards and play pretend with my sister, I so wished that I could jump through a portal and go into Pocket monster world.

I think Sailor Moon was the first...anything, to really give me the idea of what imagination and beauty could look like, that there could be more under the surface, what looks normal is not always what it seems. The first anything to help me to see that romance did not always have to be gross and yucky, or boring. That Love could be something inbetween, something fantastic and...not what it seems.

Around 5th or 4th grade I became a fanatic of Yu Gi Oh, in sort of the same way I had been in love with DBZ, I would daydream alot about it during school and things.  

Yourreflections_Rebellion

5,650 Points
  • Befriended 100
  • Friendly 100
  • Flatterer 200

5,650 Points
  • Befriended 100
  • Friendly 100
  • Flatterer 200
PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2008 8:20 am
When I was very little, though can't say how old...was I 5? or 7? or 9? I can't tell, I only know it was during elementary school, the minute I got home I would do my homework and run upstairs to the horribly cluttlered, extra bedroom where a smallish tv sat on a dresser. We couldn't usually watch tv downstairs then, because one of my parents would be using it. Though we did watch tv in the living room when we could. My sister and I would just be waiting for TUNAMI to come on with all our favorites, DragonBall, DragonBallZ, Sailor Moon, Poke'mon, and Yu Gi Oh.

As a very small, impressional child, DragonBall was close to my heart, I don't think I missed a single episode. The fighting thrilled me, I wished I could be that strong, I wanted adventures like that so that I could save the world with my fists, I wanted to get hurt badly and end up in the hospital so that people could gush over me, and I wanted to travel to a distant planet and see the sights. I'm ashamed to admit that I started to do push-ups every day, so that I could be just like all those people in the "cartoon".
I was so happy when DragonballZ came out, I mean, the strongest fighter ever had a son?! wicked!

Poke'mon was a big thing for me in the same way as Dragonball, it amazed me and gave me hope for the future that Ash, a kid only a little older than me, could travel the world and see the sights and grow up on the road. Not only that, but his mom supported him in that! I wanted the same destiny, I didn't want to wait. I used to collect the cards and play pretend with my sister, I so wished that I could jump through a portal and go into Pocket monster world.

I think Sailor Moon was the first...anything, to really give me the idea of what imagination and beauty could look like, that there could be more under the surface, what looks normal is not always what it seems. The first anything to help me to see that romance did not always have to be gross and yucky, or boring. That Love could be something inbetween, something fantastic and...not what it seems.

Around 4th grade I became a fanatic of Yu Gi Oh, in sort of the same way I had been in love with DBZ, I would daydream alot about it during school and things.
I think...those animes I was really into as a kid, really shaped my character and personality today.
From DB and DBZ I learned that I wanted to learn to be strong and learn how to defend myself.
From Poke'mon I learned that I wanted to travel the world and meet people.
Because of influece from Sailor Moon, I became an artist and grew a sense of imagination and openness.
Yu Gi Oh, I think, sort of warmed me up for what was to come, I think I learned a little bit about what anime was about, even though I didn't even know what it was. I think I learned a little bit that, you can love things, you aren't limited to just letting people into your heart.

Finally, I love God above all, even through all this I've stayed a christian, and never replaced Him with anime. Doesn't that mean something?  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2008 3:07 am
sweatdrop I can't remember mine crying  

xXTheCrazyNekoXx

Meii-Mo

PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2008 4:02 am
omg i totally remember mine.
my parents always dropped me off at my grandparents house when i was small. and there wasn't much fun things to do, i would turn on the tv to watch Sailor Moon xD and it was AWESOME.. and next was probably DragonBall and DBZ.. zomg.. i love those days..  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 15, 2008 6:33 pm
Think my first anime was Gundam Wing, or at least somthing like that.
The really old one where the person goes into the Gundam and this suit covers them.
Not were you sit & control the gundam like that fighting with guns and flying, I hate those stare  

Kaiki Kit

Seeking Treasure-Seeker

17,825 Points
  • Intermediate Skill 100
  • Bookworm 100
  • Alchemy Level 8 100

Bruno9

5,450 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Profitable 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2008 6:30 am
Mine first anime were Robotech, Voltron, Saber rider.  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2008 6:33 am
Kaiki Kit
Think my first anime was Gundam Wing, or at least somthing like that.
The really old one where the person goes into the Gundam and this suit covers them.
Not were you sit & control the gundam like that fighting with guns and flying, I hate those stare

Thats Mobile Fighter G Gundam!  

Bruno9

5,450 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Profitable 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200

LennaSuace

Businesswoman

9,150 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Consumer 100
  • Member 100
PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2008 2:03 pm
I guess it was Heidi. Remember that girl from the mountain? I was really young - a child - when I watched it.  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 30, 2008 1:03 am
My first anime was Sailor Moon and Dragon Ball... xd  

Auroras Shadow

Nerd

29,925 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Nerd 50
  • Falling For You 25

xBea Maria

PostPosted: Thu Oct 02, 2008 4:07 am
The first one I have seen was doraemon biggrin  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 02, 2008 2:53 pm
heh.. like most who posted, I watched sailor moon, Pokemon and card captors too.. oh god, what a waste.. xd  

uPrincess Bubblegum

Project Cogaca X

550 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Member 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
PostPosted: Tue Oct 07, 2008 1:00 pm
Hydrangia
Speed Racer, though it was years before I found out it came from Japan.

hey whats up  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 07, 2008 1:02 pm
Dragon ball z ect.. i wached a lot  

Project Cogaca X

550 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Member 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
34: Anime

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff