Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Suites

Back to Guilds

The most classy, organised, literate general discussion guild on Gaia, with lots of friendly, welcoming members. 

Tags: discussion, literate, friendly, variety, entertaining 

Reply RP Retreat
[ + ] the black cross [ + ] OOC and PROFILES; Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

<3;
  <3;
View Results

Ifailedmywillsave

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2007 6:37 pm
Maze
Ifailedmywillsave
I think if they're going to be casting targeted spells, it should be within line of sight, no more than 30 feet away. Hand motions and murmured spells should be a must. Flashy but harmless magics only take place in professional magic shows and to impress other magicians, or to inspire fear. Spells that affect an area instead of a target should be outlawed - the ability to induce mass panic and that sort of thing.

Aww.. XD

Sometimes, though, larger spells may be necessary. I'm not saying we should allow them all the time, but perhaps, we can discuss exceptions to the rule and allow them when and if we deem it necessary?
That would be ok. But I think we'll have to keep it only to the original founders. We know YOU'RE not going to abuse that sort of power.  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2007 8:25 pm
Maze
Ifailedmywillsave
I think if they're going to be casting targeted spells, it should be within line of sight, no more than 30 feet away. Hand motions and murmured spells should be a must. Flashy but harmless magics only take place in professional magic shows and to impress other magicians, or to inspire fear. Spells that affect an area instead of a target should be outlawed - the ability to induce mass panic and that sort of thing.

Aww.. XD

Sometimes, though, larger spells may be necessary. I'm not saying we should allow them all the time, but perhaps, we can discuss exceptions to the rule and allow them when and if we deem it necessary?

well something like the ability to induce mass panic or charm a crowd
fall RIGHT UNDER the abilities of a master vampire.

i definently agree that the harder and more difficult something is, the more taxing it is to the user. with the exception of the original people, NOBODY else is a master vampire or an alpha level were-animal.

we want to be careful, i dont like the idea of superly flashy magics, but if we're really basing this off the Anita-Blake verse, NECROMANCY is possible. the main character in the series raises the dead for a day job.

ive never seen anything like casting or summoning fireballs however. which is where i think the distinction is, in -realer- more grounded magics are the key.  

ieatwood

Distinct Rogue

8,500 Points
  • Battle: Rogue 100
  • Clambake 200
  • Elocutionist 200

un de plus pamplemousse

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2007 9:40 pm
I guess I never really thought of the psionic abilities (like telepathy) Maze was talking about, as magic, and isn't that essentially what vampires use to communicate with each other? It sounded as if we were lumping that in with magic, which I kind of disagree with.

Other than that, I have no problem with what's been mentioned.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2007 9:47 pm
H e a r t s
I guess I never really thought of the psionic abilities (like telepathy) Maze was talking about, as magic, and isn't that essentially what vampires use to communicate with each other? It sounded as if we were lumping that in with magic, which I kind of disagree with.

Other than that, I have no problem with what's been mentioned.

no, i definently dont think psionics or anything like that is in the same classification as magic. but neither really is lycanthropy; some werewolves have the ability to speak to the Munin or werewolf ancestors and ask them questions. as well as alpha level lycanthropes being able to reverse or force another lycan to shift.  

ieatwood

Distinct Rogue

8,500 Points
  • Clambake 200
  • Elocutionist 200

Ky Jelly

8,350 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2007 2:10 pm
there could also be some kind of backlash to using magic other than the whole power limit as another reason not to use it alot. like how the ardeur is two sided and such.  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2007 8:04 am
surprised Jelly-san, I love Lyra. She's awesome. *hug* Thank you for posting. Made my day, I tell ya. whee  

Ifailedmywillsave

un de plus pamplemousse

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2007 9:30 pm
BC -peeeeets- I WILL UPDATE YOU SOON, I SWEAAAAAR!!  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2007 9:32 pm
i was trying to give somebody the opportunity to post as they're wereleopard helping out with my wolfies, if nobody posts soon ill just use an NPC or say nobody was watching her o:  

ieatwood

Distinct Rogue

8,500 Points
  • Clambake 200
  • Elocutionist 200

Ifailedmywillsave

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2007 10:02 am
Wait... what? o.O;; Woody? Which wolfie with the watching? The new girl just brought in?

I wish Vicky wasn't at work! XD It could be an interesting "in" for her.  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2007 9:11 pm
Ifailedmywillsave
Wait... what? o.O;; Woody? Which wolfie with the watching? The new girl just brought in?

I wish Vicky wasn't at work! XD It could be an interesting "in" for her.

i should just have looked up the name when i made the post, kane, shes' the wolf elizabeth and sebastian have been talking about this morning.. <3;
-goes now >________>-  

ieatwood

Distinct Rogue

8,500 Points
  • Clambake 200
  • Elocutionist 200

Ifailedmywillsave

PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2007 10:37 am
Hm-tay! ^_^ I should go back and re-read... That way I can remember where we are again. o.o;;  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2007 11:54 pm
Mine could do it! o:

I've been looking for a way to introduce him... what did you have in mind?

un de plus pamplemousse

ieatwood

Distinct Rogue

8,500 Points
  • Clambake 200
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2007 1:03 am
just for someone to be in the room with kane when bast showed up, because she probably shouldnt be left alone in case she DOES wake up.

i hadnt had anything more specific in mind  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2007 11:11 am
*twiddles her thumbs in the corner, humming the Jeopardy theme*  

BardoftheAges

Ky Jelly

8,350 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2007 6:08 pm
ifa~ in disguise!  
RP Retreat