Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian Geezers Guild

Back to Guilds

A guild for users 21 and over 

Tags: Geezer, Mature, Age 21+ 

Reply Introduction Threads
ALL NEW MEMBERS - come here and say "hi!" Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 48 49 50 51 52 53 ... 212 213 214 215 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Lil Brat
Captain

Enduring Codger

11,525 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Fantastic Fifteen 100
PostPosted: Fri Dec 30, 2005 6:53 pm
Planes - I think they do have those at the Airport... where I worked for a few years... probably when my ship came in gonk  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2006 9:09 am
hello all geezer!
I am a newby in this guild (i was admitted today!), and in gaia too
(since november 2K5), but not so young in real life (oh my god! I am
almost 36...)
I dont speak very much because english is quite hard for me (dont smile,
I've got an excuse, I'm French), but i promise that i will try!

PM me if you wanna talk, and remember, slowly and loudy whee
Bye,  

sherardia

4,550 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Member 100

calviness

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2006 12:04 pm
hello all... at least, i think there is an all around here somewhere.
anyway...
there was a purpose to this.
oh yes, hello.
and you can keep your canes. i like my walker better.  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2006 9:33 pm
Hello & welcome, Sherardia & Calviness! biggrin  

Wendigo29
Crew

Lil Brat
Captain

Enduring Codger

11,525 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Fantastic Fifteen 100
PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2006 8:28 pm
Wendigo29
Hello & welcome, Sherardia & Calviness! biggrin
My thoughts exactly 3nodding  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2006 2:43 pm
wha? whazzat? the nurse told me to come in here for cookies.. but i don't see any cookies! i want my oatmeal raisin! gah! *smacks anyone nearby with walker*  

calviness

redshiftnova

PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2006 5:32 am
Hi,

I have been a member of the guild for about a month, but being fairly new to Gaia, did not realize that guilds have forums of their own. I thought I would visit today and was delighted to read posts that sound as though adults wrote them. Yea!!! I have been spending parts of my time on Gaia at the general forums and was about to scream. Was sex all I ever thought of when I was that age? Probably, but that was a long time ago.

Anyway, I am fifty-two. I served seven and a half years as an intelligence analyst when I was a youngster. Got out of the army as a SSG at the ripe age of 25.

Graduated with a degree in fine arts from Methodist College in Fayetteville, NC in 1985 at the age of 32.

Followed my military husband here and there for 25 years. We have been married for 32 years. Yes, I know, most of you aren't even that old yet.

We have one wonderful eighteen year old daughter. She introduced me to Gaia. I have been a stay-at-home mom for about sixteen years. She is a senior in high school, so I decided I should get a job. I am now working in the fitting room of a local retail store and as I stand there all day hanging up clothes I feel a sense of Deja Vu. Ahhh, was this what all those years of mothering taught me.

I enjoy our four dogs immensely. We have a golden retriever and three pound puppies. Well, they aren't puppies. Two are eleven years old and our youngest is about five.

I enjoy loner things - logic problems, reading, crossword puzzles, walking dogs, jigsaw puzzles, quilting, etc.

I feed the birds. There is quite a bit of development going on in our area and a hawk has moved into our neighborhood to take advantage of the easy pickings at our feeders.

Well, I guess that is probably more than enough. I sure am glad to be in a grown-up guild. Thank you animanic for inviting me.  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2006 10:00 pm
Welcome - glad to have you here! xd  

Lil Brat
Captain

Enduring Codger

11,525 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Fantastic Fifteen 100

~Anoriel~

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2006 8:27 am
welcomes all the new geezers!!!  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2006 8:43 am
Hi, I'm new.
I am 31 years of age and have a big drooling basset hound I love so very much. I work in the field of Repair and enjoy the freedon my work entails. I look forward to meeting people here around my age and I guess thats it.
Bob  

Jayce Reinhardt

Divine Muse

Alleira

Aged Citizen

8,000 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Guildmember 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2006 9:42 am
Thank you for accepting me into your guild - I look forward to talking to you all in the forum. I joined Gaia just after Christmas, so I'm still a newbie, finding my way around - and yesterday I discovered the existence of the Geezers, and immediately felt at home! whee

I love Gaia and am totally addicted, but get a bit weary of the bumping contests eek and other dross that people post in lieu of having a proper discussion, or just a fun chat - writing "bump" or posting a lone smilie doesn't qualify as conversation *rant*. Not all forums in Gaia are like that, though, and I've both lurked and posted in some interesting threads.

I've also joined three other guilds: cinephiles - The International Cinema Guild, G.R.O.U.P. - Gaia's First Monthly Book Club, and The Newbie Supporting and Training Guild.

I was concerned at first that my advanced age (54) made me "too old" to be using Gaia, but after browsing various forums and viewing other people's profiles, I started noticing that there is quite a contingent of senior citizens out there - and now I know there is even a special guild for us ancients, so I'm not worried any more! xd

*picks up a cane and stalks off, in search of her first target*  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2006 2:36 pm
Yup, us fossils have a place to get away from the snot-nosed, whiney-arsed, know-it-alls that float around the land of Gaia... and occasionally attempt to tell us we're too "OLD" for the place. Of course, anyone over 21 is considered "old", and the creator is in his 30's... twisted

Not that they much like the reminder... rofl  

Lil Brat
Captain

Enduring Codger

11,525 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Fantastic Fifteen 100

Wretched Soul
Crew

Shameless Hunter

1,900 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Nudist Colony 200
PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2006 9:05 pm
It's been awhile since I've been on. We seem to have quite a few new geezers. Welcome to the madness.  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2006 4:39 am
Yay, more geezers!!!

Welcome all!!  

Wendigo29
Crew

Lex The Forgotten of BoB

5,950 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Generous 100
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2006 7:19 pm
Hey I am the new geezer here mrgreen  
Introduction Threads

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 48 49 50 51 52 53 ... 212 213 214 215 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games