Welcome to Gaia! ::

Digimon: Tamer Island Guild

Back to Guilds

#1 Digimon Guild where you can actually be a Tamer with your very own Digimon. 

Tags: Digimon, Tamer, Island, Digimon Tamer, Tamer Island 

Reply DigiLine (Tamer Profile Forum)
Lief_7 :: Wing Guardians Rise! Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 48 49 50 51 52 53 ... 58 59 60 61 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Which Season is Best?
  The OG of course! (1)
  DNAmazing (2)
  Tamers made it feel real! (3)
  Spirits FTW! (4)
  Digi Cops Go! (5)
  Xross can't be beat! (6)
  I love being on the Hunt! (7)
  I can tell the future! (Tri/8 )
View Results

Hope the kind

Friendly Gaian

12,925 Points
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Hygienic 200
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2016 9:56 pm
Cuevas_506
Hope the kind

You're not incorrect to say there are issues here, but I mean I find it more peaceful here overall, which is good for the kid and I. But hey, ever find yourself planning a vacation to CR, we have a lodge you could rent out. sweatdrop
And ewww, traffic... Haha we get that here as well in the Capitol, but like the traffic here is very barbaric because the people here haven't a single ounce of educate for driving.

Well, every place has its issues and each individual will determine if those issues are worth living in one place over another.
Where is this lodge? I've never considered going to CR since its a bit of a mysterious sort of place, meaning I don't have a whole lot of information about it ^^'
Then how do people get their drivers license?
Traffic here happens at certain times of the day, especially during around 7-8 am and 5-6pm.  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2016 9:58 pm
Hope the kind
Cuevas_506
Hope the kind

You're not incorrect to say there are issues here, but I mean I find it more peaceful here overall, which is good for the kid and I. But hey, ever find yourself planning a vacation to CR, we have a lodge you could rent out. sweatdrop
And ewww, traffic... Haha we get that here as well in the Capitol, but like the traffic here is very barbaric because the people here haven't a single ounce of educate for driving.

Well, every place has its issues and each individual will determine if those issues are worth living in one place over another.
Where is this lodge? I've never considered going to CR since its a bit of a mysterious sort of place, meaning I don't have a whole lot of information about it ^^'
Traffic here happens at certain times of the day, especially during around 7-8 am and 5-6pm.

Interesting to know actually for me as in a few years I intend to move to california and go be apart of either silicon valley or a video game company lol.  

ZarAburame

Hope the kind

Friendly Gaian

12,925 Points
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Hygienic 200
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2016 10:02 pm
ZarAburame
Hope the kind
Cuevas_506
Hope the kind

Interesting to know actually for me as in a few years I intend to move to california and go be apart of either silicon valley or a video game company lol.

Silicon Valley is more Northern California or North Cal for short. You'll see that when you go to CA we are sort of split between the North and South. I'm not entirely sure why but its almost like viewing two cultures in one state. And which video game company? I know that there are quite a few.  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2016 10:05 pm
Hope the kind

I agree with that, and the lodge is near the coast for beach access, we bought just two months ago. It's about twenty minutes from the beach, and CR isn't too mysterious. All we're known for is Coffee and Jurassic Park (Jurassic World now). And I question how people get their license every day, but they have them for some odd reason. Those traffic hours are most likely due to work hours if I'm not mistaken?  

Cuevas_506

ZarAburame

PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2016 10:16 pm
Hope the kind
ZarAburame
Hope the kind
Cuevas_506
Hope the kind

Silicon Valley is more Northern California or North Cal for short. You'll see that when you go to CA we are sort of split between the North and South. I'm not entirely sure why but its almost like viewing two cultures in one state. And which video game company? I know that there are quite a few.

Yeah I kinda knew about the split of norcal and socal due to being part of the fighting game community. As for what company I was thinking an mmo company like hirez or gazillion. AAA game companies tend to run their programmers into the ground.  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2016 10:20 pm
Cuevas_506
Hope the kind

I agree with that, and the lodge is near the coast for beach access, we bought just two months ago. It's about twenty minutes from the beach, and CR isn't too mysterious. All we're known for is Coffee and Jurassic Park (Jurassic World now). And I question how people get their license every day, but they have them for some odd reason. Those traffic hours are most likely due to work hours if I'm not mistaken?

Indeed, those are work hours but I'm unsure if it is similar in CR.
Jurassic Park/World? What is it like? Is it popular?!  

Hope the kind

Friendly Gaian

12,925 Points
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Hygienic 200
  • Person of Interest 200

Hope the kind

Friendly Gaian

12,925 Points
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Hygienic 200
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2016 10:22 pm
ZarAburame
Hope the kind
ZarAburame
Hope the kind
Cuevas_506
Hope the kind

Yeah I kinda knew about the split of norcal and socal due to being part of the fighting game community. As for what company I was thinking an mmo company like hirez or gazillion. AAA game companies tend to run their programmers into the ground.

Does EA fall under AAA?
So you wouldn't join Blizzard or Riot (I believe they are MMO companies but I could be wrong)  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2016 10:23 pm
Hope the kind
ZarAburame
Hope the kind
ZarAburame
Hope the kind

Does EA fall under AAA?
So you wouldn't join Blizzard or Riot (I believe they are MMO companies but I could be wrong)

yes EA falls under AAA I would never join them. I would consider joining blizzard or riot but they are very high up the food chain and would be hard to get into.  

ZarAburame

Cuevas_506

PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2016 10:30 pm
Hope the kind

Nope, everyone out here works what are surmised as half days, usually only working 6-12pm., but in the Capital it's far different. It's regular work hours with breaks obviously, but haha the Jurassic Park thing was a joke. It's just ya know, the movies took place in Costa Rica. But they are very popular, only problem is, sometimes the dinosaurs get loose and limbs get torn off.

ZarAburame

I don't know much about EA's work ethics, but if you happen to work there anyways, even just as an apprenticeship to get your name out there... Slide me some FIFA points. xd  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2016 10:30 pm
ZarAburame
Hope the kind
ZarAburame
Hope the kind
ZarAburame
Hope the kind

Does EA fall under AAA?

yes EA falls under AAA I would never join them. I would consider joining blizzard or riot but they are very high up the food chain and would be hard to get into.

Hmmmm I believe the best ways to get into Blizzard and Riot, or any companies up in the food chain would be to know someone who works in them. I've tend to hear that companies like to hire employees who know someone in the company than a complete outsider.  

Hope the kind

Friendly Gaian

12,925 Points
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Hygienic 200
  • Person of Interest 200

Hope the kind

Friendly Gaian

12,925 Points
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Hygienic 200
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2016 10:32 pm
Cuevas_506
Hope the kind

Nope, everyone out here works what are surmised as half days, usually only working 6-12pm., but in the Capital it's far different. It's regular work hours with breaks obviously, but haha the Jurassic Park thing was a joke. It's just ya know, the movies took place in Costa Rica. But they are very popular, only problem is, sometimes the dinosaurs get loose and limbs get torn off.

ZarAburame

I don't know much about EA's work ethics, but if you happen to work there anyways, even just as an apprenticeship to get your name out there... Slide me some FIFA points. xd

Wow! That joke flew right over my head....I feel so embarrassed redface
Half days sound nice, but it also sounds like a Part-time job in terms of hours.  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2016 10:35 pm
Hope the kind
ZarAburame
Hope the kind
ZarAburame
Hope the kind

Does EA fall under AAA?

Hmmmm I believe the best ways to get into Blizzard and Riot, or any companies up in the food chain would be to know someone who works in them. I've tend to hear that companies like to hire employees who know someone in the company than a complete outsider.

Yep that's about true in most of the computer science industry for most jobs. Luckily I have a really good professor so he has connections. Former students in: target, amazon, intel, mayo clinic to name a few lol. I look forward to actually working in the field.  

ZarAburame

Cuevas_506

PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2016 10:38 pm
Hope the kind

Tranquila, the joke wasn't very evident, in part it's my fault for making a joke from our childhoods. xd 3nodding
Either way, it's usually the farmers for coffee, who work midday because of laziness, but the work hours are all up to you. 6-12pm., is the norm, but my family runs it strict, and take 12-1pm. off, and continue work until 4pm. So it's really up to the person, and also depends how fast you work. Likewise work in the Capital is like working back in the States.  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2016 10:54 pm
ZarAburame
Hope the kind
ZarAburame
Hope the kind
ZarAburame
Hope the kind

Does EA fall under AAA?

Yep that's about true in most of the computer science industry for most jobs. Luckily I have a really good professor so he has connections. Former students in: target, amazon, intel, mayo clinic to name a few lol. I look forward to actually working in the field.

Does that mean you are a programmer or perhaps an Engineer? Do you have any tips, if any, to those who would want to join the gaming industry?  

Hope the kind

Friendly Gaian

12,925 Points
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Hygienic 200
  • Person of Interest 200

Hope the kind

Friendly Gaian

12,925 Points
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Hygienic 200
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2016 10:56 pm
Cuevas_506
Hope the kind

Tranquila, the joke wasn't very evident, in part it's my fault for making a joke from our childhoods. xd 3nodding
Either way, it's usually the farmers for coffee, who work midday because of laziness, but the work hours are all up to you. 6-12pm., is the norm, but my family runs it strict, and take 12-1pm. off, and continue work until 4pm. So it's really up to the person, and also depends how fast you work. Likewise work in the Capital is like working back in the States.

You make it sound as if Coffee is the only thing that sells. Now don't get me wrong, coffee has its benefits but is it a cash crop in CR? And are you selling the ground coffee or coffee beans?  
DigiLine (Tamer Profile Forum)

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 48 49 50 51 52 53 ... 58 59 60 61 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games