Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Back to Guilds

A Dungeons & Dragons Roleplaying Guild - We have many active games, join requests are checked often, and everyone is accepted. 

Tags: Dungeons, Dragons, Roleplaying, Dungeons and Dragons 

Reply [L5R 3eR] Jade Legacy --- --- --- --- [Closed]
Jade Legacy [L5R 3eR] - Act 1: Atsumari/Gathering Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 48 49 50 51 52 53 ... 170 171 172 173 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

PostPosted: Sun Nov 14, 2010 6:43 pm
@ Crab Shenanigans:

"Hmm?" Ide Jiro would voice aloud at Seichiro's thoughts. "Looks bad? I would actually disagree. They are one of the only two clans with an actual sponsor during this tournament; and Crabs, by nature, enjoy adversity. Perhaps I haven't met as many of their number in my days as you have, but their behavior isn't a concern to me quite yet." He would smile, almost knowingly, looking upon the tent some distance away.

"When they light my tent on fire, then I'll probably be a tad bit more concerned," he would add as an afterthought, turning to gaze at Seichiro.  
Psychofish rolled 3 10-sided dice: 5, 5, 5 Total: 15 (3-30)
PostPosted: Sun Nov 14, 2010 7:03 pm
Denbe panted, catching his balance, and turned to look at Sozen as though to confirm that- his eyes widened a bit with surprise and concern.

"Ah- yes. I apologize Kuni-sama. Err, Mirumoto-san. I... no excuses. I will moderate myself."

Denbe looked at his fist, and then loosened it, clenching again as if trying to be... lighter. Otherwise he tried to be as refreshed as he could for the second round.

[3k2 Initiative: 10]  

Psychofish

Dedicated Loiterer

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

PostPosted: Sun Nov 14, 2010 7:30 pm
@ Lore Competition:

All Medicine rolls are now TN 10!

All Lore: History rolls are now TN 15!

Kan would be waiting patiently, almost in a meditative state. Once Seichiro would finish, he would open his eyes, almost serenely.

"As I mentioned at the Storytelling competition yesterday, I am a descendant of a man named Ikoma Juzo. Though the documents were lost during the Clan War, Juzo's ancestry was traced and documented all the way to Ikoma himself, something he was very proud of." {Lore: Heraldry roll of 43 vs TN 5!}

All Lore: Heraldry rolls are now TN 10!

A much drier Soshi Maru would rap her long fingernails rhythmically against the table's surface, watching(?) each person in turn as they gave their own facts.

"Like Kaori-san had stated, us Shugenja implore the kami for aid with our spells. Many of these kami have actually been around for centuries, some even dating back to the dawn of the Empire. Some of the spells we can might be guided by the very same kami as the spells of our greatest ancestors." {Spellcraft roll of 24 vs TN 10!}

All Spellcraft rolls are now vs TN 15!

Asahina Kenichi would be up next, and it would be obvious that he was paying no intention to Soshi Maru, keeping his gaze averted. Truth be told, Kenichi and Kan would have excellent views down Maru's loosely drawn kimono if they simply let their eyes wander - but Maru was stuck between the two men here who wouldn't, which didn't seem to suit her interests much.

"The Sparrow Clan is a minor clan that is an offshoot of the Crane. It was formed when a man, Doji Suzume, commented during intense negotiations, 'maybe the world would be a better place if samurai just gave their wealth to the peasants and allowed them to rule'. This mere claim shook up the courts and tarnished negotions, and the Emperor of the time 'rewarded' Suzume and his father by granting them Minor Clan status over uninhabitable land. Though his father was dishonored, Suzume was guided by his aunt to create the Sparrow, a clan of extremely noble, yet simple, samurai. It's a tale that wounds many Crane, but us Asahina take pride in the nonviolent resolution of a major conflict on behalf of Doji Suzume." {Lore: History roll of 20 vs TN 15!}

All Lore: History rolls are now vs TN 20!

Kitsu Kyumi, please give me a Willpower/Etiquette (Sincerity) roll for Soshi Maru to roll against, to see if she notices your dismay!

Kaiu Kagae, you're up with your lore!  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 14, 2010 7:41 pm
@ Jiujutsu Duels:

Sozen would narrow his gaze. "We both suffered unbecoming defeats on the first day. I won't let that happen again!" He would suddenly surge forth, leading with a powerful strike, a left straight, with enough stopping power to lay Denbe out!

{Feint, 2 raises declared, 14 vs TN 14+10, miss!}

However, Denbe would see his footing, and he didn't step forward like he should have to follow through with the blow. Either he was sloppy, or it was a feint, and he had but a moment to react!  

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

Agent Sinistra rolled 4 10-sided dice: 3, 3, 9, 6 Total: 21 (4-40)

Agent Sinistra

Dangerous Genius

7,100 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Full closet 200
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Sun Nov 14, 2010 7:46 pm
(( Willpower/Etiquette, 4k2 = 15 ))  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 14, 2010 7:46 pm
@ Crab Shenanigans:

"Well, true, but for now, they're without a tent. While sleeping under Rokugan's starry skies is a wonderful thing, they will have little privacy, unless they fix it." Seichiro, however, raised an eyebrow at the 'actual sponsor'.

"Sponsor? Who?" He asked, curious. "It's not always someone decides to sponsor the Crab, especially since their social etiquette is... lacking. Don't get me wrong, I like the Crab and their excellent job of defending the wall, which must be exhausting and frightening, but they're not the most social... fellows. Maybe I'm wrong."  

Keith Valken Lionheart

Desirable Sex Symbol

6,200 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Healer 50

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

PostPosted: Sun Nov 14, 2010 7:58 pm
@ Lore Competition:

{Soshi Maru's Awareness/Investigation roll: 21}

For a brief moment, Maru would apparently stare right at Kyumi through her eye veil, catching her gaze (she thinks) for a brief moment. Her head would turn slightly, as if looking out of the corners of her eyes at Asahina Kenichi.

While the attention was no longer on her, with Kaiu Kagae about to speak, she would smirk, and lean in a little closer to Kenichi, resting her shoulder against his arm. He would instantly become rigid as if in fear, his face becoming flushed, though he did not look upon her.

Oblivious to all this, Toyoko would lean in and whisper to Kyumi, "Kyumi-chan~! Did you listen to the poetry competition before? Wasn't Doji Koan amazing?" she seemed to become more excited upon merely speaking his name.

--------------------

@ Crab Shenanigans:

Ide Jiro would laugh, holding up both hands before him defensively. "I'm sorry, I was being too roundabout. I was referring to the magistrates; the Kuni and the Doji. It's not entirely unreasonable to believe that there won't be SOME impartiality with the judging. I think the Seppun is the only truly impartial one of the lot."

He would scoff at Seichiro's suggestion about the Crab's tent. "The damage isn't that bad. I'm sure it wouldn't take much to repair. But besides, sleeping under the stars isn't so bad, and it's a warm spring this year. Asahina Kenichi and I have been 'off-roading' it a bit since we arrived, since neither of us will use our Clan's given tents."  
Psychofish rolled 6 10-sided dice: 3, 9, 6, 5, 4, 9 Total: 36 (6-60)
PostPosted: Sun Nov 14, 2010 8:08 pm
[Attack Stance]

Denbe seemed almost caught off guard as Sozen attacked again, distracted. He backpedaled slightly as the Dragon rushed, even as he drew his brows at the words. Maybe because of the distance, he noticed something off. He wasn't positive, but there was one way to find out without gambling TOO hard.

Denbe would attempt to interrupt the off-looking blow with a kick, hoping the reach would offer him some protection if Sozen did really mean to follow through on it. A quick, interrupting hop and heel to the torso, not trying to hit harder than he had to in order to stop the assault. Sozen was already injured, and if Denbe put his life at risk again, at the very least he would feel ashamed. And if it did not end so well it would be much worse.

[6k4 Jiujutsu (strike): 29]  

Psychofish

Dedicated Loiterer

Psychofish rolled 2 10-sided dice: 8, 8 Total: 16 (2-20)

Psychofish

Dedicated Loiterer

PostPosted: Sun Nov 14, 2010 8:11 pm
[2k2 Jiujutsu Damage: 16]  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 14, 2010 8:29 pm
@Lore Competition:

Unfortunately for Toyoko, Kyumi isn't entirely paying attention. She'd answer with a quiet, non-committal "Mmhmm", regardless of what she had actually done during the Poetry contest, as she watched Soshi Maru from her spot at the table. She could tell that... that wretched Scorpion woman was doing something to Kenichi, but she wasn't entirely sure what she was doing to merit such a reaction from Kenichi.
Just what was the relationship between those two?

Regardless of what else happened that night, she'd find out somehow. She'd make sure of it, either by chasing Kenichi or Maru down once it had finished.  

Agent Sinistra

Dangerous Genius

7,100 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Full closet 200
  • Dressed Up 200

Keith Valken Lionheart

Desirable Sex Symbol

6,200 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Healer 50
PostPosted: Sun Nov 14, 2010 8:54 pm
@ Crab Shenanigans:

"Kuni Raicho and Doji Kita are sponsoring the Crab? That's strange, especially considering how the Crane are about etiquette. Maybe I'm thinking too much on it." He would make a gesture with his hand, dismissing the idea.

He would, however, turn his face to look at Ide Jiro with an amused expression. "Why is that? The tents are not that bad, given the circumstances. You'd think they'd give us some... proper accommodations. Staying in tents reminds me of war. A thought that I'd rather forget for a while..." He would, again, think out loud.  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 14, 2010 9:12 pm
@ Jiujutsu Duels:

As Sozen's blow would (intentionally) stop short, Denbe was already off the ground, spinning and delivering a swift kick to the center of Sozen's chest. He was barely able to guard himself as he was forced back a few steps, spending his last Void to reduce his wounds by 10. {Total of 13 wounds, Sozen is Hurt!}

"... who are you?!" he would demand, of all things. Not wanting to give Denbe a proper chance to capitalize on a pause, he would leave the question as a rhetorical question as he would rush Denbe, attempting to get a lucky blow and end this round while he could. {Full Attack, raising three times for damage, 43 vs TN 14+15 = hit}.

Forcing through the Hare's defenses, Sozen would land a palm blow against Denbe's sternum, attempting to do enough damage to incapacitate the Hare here and now! {19 damage; Denbe is Injured!}

--------------------

@ Seichiro: ((Jiro said two clans are sponsored, in his opinion. He meant Kuni Raicho sponsoring the Crab, and Doji Kita sponsoring the Crane.))  

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

Psychofish rolled 6 10-sided dice: 4, 10, 8, 6, 5, 9 Total: 42 (6-60)

Psychofish

Dedicated Loiterer

PostPosted: Sun Nov 14, 2010 9:33 pm
Denbe froze again. Who was he? What did he mean-

The attack came and the Hare's guard flew up, deflecting blows away from his head on each side- opening wide a space for Sozen to throw a crushing strike of the palm where it hurt, shaking Denbe's whole torso and causing the bushi to wobble. What was he doing? He had grasped victory. Denbe favored a fair fight, but to let it slip between his fingers? He had to be cautious, not paralyzed of over-harming his opponent.

[Full Attack Stance]

Lowering his mass Denbe stepped forward quickly and returned a similar punch, closed fisted. He'd repeat a series of blows about the ribs and stomach, trying to shake Sozen and lower his guard until he could spring up all at once, practically bouncing with the force from his legs, and delivering a strike with his palm against the Dragon's ear.

Crippling, hopefully, but risk of lethality next to zero.

[2 Raises to hit, 2 raises for damage, 1 raise for nonlethal damage]
[6k4+10 Jiujutsu(strike): 41 vs TN+15]

Psychofish rolled 1 10-sided dice: 8 Total: 8 (1-10)
PostPosted: Sun Nov 14, 2010 9:44 pm
[Explosion Dice: 8]  

Psychofish

Dedicated Loiterer

Psychofish rolled 3 10-sided dice: 5, 3, 8 Total: 16 (3-30)

Psychofish

Dedicated Loiterer

PostPosted: Sun Nov 14, 2010 9:48 pm
[3k3 Jiujutsu Damage: 16]  
[L5R 3eR] Jade Legacy --- --- --- --- [Closed]

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 48 49 50 51 52 53 ... 170 171 172 173 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games