Welcome to Gaia! ::

Why Not?

Back to Guilds

No rules, just Fun! Join today. 

Tags: Roleplaying, Polls, Spam 

Reply "RPC" *Roleplay Central*
Frightened, Chimera? [Remake] (O / A) Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 49 50 51 52 53 54 ... 70 71 72 73 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

You would like to see more ____ in this roleplay.
  blood/gore
  action
  romance
  interaction between characters/roleplayers
  opportunities for Chimera to escape
  pit battles between Chimerae
View Results

Fabled Heartbreak

3,900 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Thu Oct 28, 2010 8:26 am
Red had caught the scent of their brothers and sisters. She shot ahead of hound, flying at a good 65 mph, catching up to everyone. Red landed in a sprint, running alongside the van. She looked at Smoke, and then barked a hello. She realized leaving was pure foolishness now.  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 28, 2010 5:35 pm
Apsalar smiled and shook her head. "No," she said simply. "Not as...weird. As...us." She hadn't intended for Smoke to think she meant they should show themselves as Chimerae - they just had to be normal people. Normal people made a fuss when other normal people - ones they knew - went missing, didn't they? That was the impression she had gotten.

No, she didn't want them all to be thought of as the Chimerae for this time in the outside world - that was the kind of secret she'd rather take to her grave. The grave they were likely to end up in very shortly, she thought ruefully; they couldn't escape Yani for long. They might have more help this time, but running and hiding wouldn't make it any better than it had been for those who had escaped before.

If they didn't try another tack, they were going to get caught again. Sent back into the cages.

Apsalar was not going to see that happen. Her idea might not be the only way to go, but there had to be some way that didn't involve running for the rest of their lives.

She started when Red came running up. A little smile crossed her face. It was nice to see the other two back.

Her eyes lifted to the sky. Now if only John would return...  

SilentShadowDreamer

Omnipresent Sex Symbol

AninOnin

Newbie Prophet

PostPosted: Fri Oct 29, 2010 8:53 pm
Smoke almost swerved the car when he saw Red and Hound running up alongside the vehicle. Good thing they were the only ones on the road, or they would be attracting a lot of stares. He slowed the car enough for them to jump in and strap down, then sped along, continuing on his route.

The whole time, his mind never strayed from wondering about Apsalar's plan. Her next words didn't make much sense to him. No matter what happened, human beings would see them as weird, as freaks. "Weird" was a part of them now, something they would have to accept about themselves.

"I'm sorry, I don't understand..." he trailed apologetically, hoping for a translation from the other Chimerae.

John could have given the translation in a timely manner, had he stayed with the group instead of taking Panther off. Instead though, he glided on the air currents above, Panther's weight in his arms, straining his wings to support both himself and her corpse. When the jeep reached a truly secluded spot, and John's confusion had faded away, he would rejoin them for Panther's burial--he had become clear-headed enough to realize he wasn't the only one who needed the closure.

He had loved Panther, unconditionally, no matter what the circumstances had been. They may have argued, he may have been impatient with her and she may have resented his bossiness. But they had always taken comfort from each other's presence. He'd protected her like a big brother should, and it still wasn't enough.

But she wasn't just his little sister--all the Chimerae loved her, all had mourned her death.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2010 1:56 am
User ImageSee it, startled
Afternoon I had to ask
Or dare I, ever know
Tell us we are
dEmENteD
Watch as attention span
Hold, so fast
Then goes up in
s m o k e

I don't think you're nervous enough.
It happened to
show its own face
Search for the
s o u l l e s s ends
Now put him to
rest.

You won't find me curling up
A place that should make sEnSE
Well, excuse me for this better judgment

Night is so worth waiting for

Hiccadu lifted her head from where she lay on the floor, her eyes clearing as TAIS lifted her hold from her fleshy counterpart and allowed the creature to stand on all fours, tail swinging lazily.

"Yes, Master Yani?" Hiccadu replied obediently, wanting to stand straight with her head held high but her mechanical counterpart keeping her chin lowered. "What is it?"

User Image
A BLINDING scare so cauterizing
Arms out pointing, sit and stare
At this proof, this
LiVInG pRooF
This proof, this living proof

It happened to
show its own face
Search for the
s o u l l e s s ends
Now put him to
rest.

Culprits, shudder
Apparitions left in time
If we're
honest... sight unknown
Crowing. Frozen. Bedroom.
Awoke up certain
Lays a tomb, her tree holds it
Unbeknownst, still sending cHiLLs

Put him to rest...
Highland's Apparition ~ Chevelle

LovetoCauseMayhem

SilentShadowDreamer

Omnipresent Sex Symbol

PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2010 3:35 pm
Apsalar looked up at him wearily, and dismissed it for now with a shake of her head. She couldn't describe it any more clearly. If she knew the word disguise, she would have used it then. But she didn't, and none of the other Chimerae seemed able or willing to help her navigate the language.

When John got back, she'd try to explain herself once again. Perhaps with his help, she could get her thoughts through.

In the meantime, she thought, she would have to learn to speak properly. It was beyond frustrating to be unable to make herself understood without John there as a buffer. Smoke and Tobart seemed to be able to understand what she had to say, in a limited way. The others seemed unable to understand her at all, at least most of the time.

She needed more than that.  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 07, 2010 5:55 pm
((bumps. What's this doing on the fifth page guys?))  

LovetoCauseMayhem

AninOnin

Newbie Prophet

PostPosted: Sun Nov 07, 2010 7:35 pm
"The Chimerae are undoubtedly suspicious of you. The only thing working against your years of tracking and frightening them is the fact that your lash-out at one of my employees allowed their escape." He walked across the room to sit in a comfortable-enough-looking armchair. The fabric was cold as the air, though, and made of some cheap, stiff material. "If the Chimerae ask you to prove your loyalty, I'd rather it was done on a small scale. Nothing that will attract attention from the rest of the world. Above all, though, keep your ties with TAIS hidden--we can't have a 'rogue' Chimera going around with the knowledge of the world known to her. Will this be a problem for you?"

- - - - - - - - - -

Smoke was driving down the emptied, narrow road when he saw the silhouette light up before his brights. He slowed down, recognizing the height and the generally thin figure in the road, but tried to convince his heart that it was indeed John and not something else.

John had trailed them from the sky and intercepted them on the one-lane, straight road. This was the only way he could have flagged them down without landing haphazardly on the roof of the jeep and scaring the rest of them all to death. The car braked on a turn-off, rolling slowly to a stop, and Smoke looked at him through the dusty window before opening to door. A shovel was in the third duffel, with the metal sounds in it, and Smoke pulled out one for himself and another for John, but John refused to let him help. "We have to say goodbye," he explained, meaning himself and the other Chimerae. "She was... our little sister." His voice broke on the last word. Though he hadn't cried for Panther yet, a single tear caught the reflection of the headlights, letting the star travel down his cheek silently. He could only be thankful that it was in the dark and that Smoke hadn't seen it perhaps. It felt wrong to cry in front of him--like crying in front of the enemy, letting them know they had won. But without him watching, at Panther's grave and with the other Chimerae... He could grieve in peace, among family.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 11, 2010 12:45 am
Apsalar let out a little sound of relief when John finally rejoined them. She glanced at Tobart and was silent while John spoke. It seemed that their leader - because, yes, that was what he was - had yet to accept Smoke.

She was sorry for that.

Her eyes tracked the group, one after another, and when John had finished his sentence, she gave a slow nod. "Panther was. Ours," she said softly, hesitating over the words. "One...us."

They couldn't give her vengeance, at least not yet. Maybe someday.

But they could grieve for her, and she knew that John at least would have to - she had seen the sparkle of the tears. Grieving wasn't for the dead, anyway. It was for the living. They had to send Panther off properly.

She looked up at John, and had only one question.

"Where?"  

SilentShadowDreamer

Omnipresent Sex Symbol

AninOnin

Newbie Prophet

PostPosted: Thu Nov 11, 2010 11:54 am
John was grateful for Apsalar. Even if she didn't have the words to communicate as well as everyone else, she always said the right things. He dipped his head appreciatively, then gestured vaguely through the trees, across the road. "There's a clearing farther off that way. I can guide you there, if you want." It was small, but nestled under the protection of the trees and big enough that he wouldn't have to dig through roots.

The man seemed to understand, and he leaned against the jeep, lighting another cigarette--his first since they had escaped, he remembered belatedly--and putting it to his lips. It filled him with a toxic warmth, but it was still preferable over the cold of the coming night. He exhaled softly, addressing John with a "Be careful" before taking a clean breath of air and returning to his cigarette.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 12, 2010 10:06 am
((OOC: D8 Where is everyone?))

Apsalar struggled briefly with the belt that held her in place. Finally discovering how to get out of it, she slid out of the vehicle and looked back at the others for a moment. They would come, she was sure. She hoped so, at any rate - their fear, the need to fly, couldn't be much worse than hers. But they had to say goodbye to Panther. They had to.

There was a second when her gaze lingered on Smoke. He was taking his life in his hands, too, giving them the time.

So they would have to make it count, that was all.

Turning to John, she nodded. She, at least, was ready to go. They had to say their farewell, but they couldn't linger.

"Yes," she clarified, quietly.  

SilentShadowDreamer

Omnipresent Sex Symbol

LovetoCauseMayhem

PostPosted: Fri Nov 12, 2010 10:20 pm
Afternoon I had to ask
Or dare I, ever know
Tell us we are
dEmENteD
Watch as attention span
Hold, so fast
Then goes up in
s m o k e

It happened to
show its own face
Search for the
s o u l l e s s ends
Now put him to
rest.

Hiccadu listened to Yani, and winced as her assault of the scientist was mentioned. As he spoke, she glanced up at the cameras, internally speaking with TAIS to see if such a thing was possible. Nervously, she pawed at the metallic floor, finding no grip to comfort her. After a few moments of conversing with her counterpart, she raised her head and looked up at Yani.

"No, it won't," Hiccadu reassured Yani. "It would be simple for me to act as..." she questioned the word she was about to use, but could find no better substitute. "...human, as they do. I am simply a lapdog to them. They will be easy to fool."

User Image
At this proof, this
LiVInG pRooF

It happened to
show its own face
Search for the
s o u l l e s s ends
Now put him to
rest.

Culprits, shudder
Apparitions left in time
If we're
honest... sight unknown
Awoke up certain

Put him to rest...

PostPosted: Wed Nov 17, 2010 7:24 pm
((I'm sorry, just been away is all.))

Yani nodded, more satisfied than he had been. "Then by all means..." he gestured towards the entrance. He needed to speak with TAIS after Hiccadu was gone. Perhaps the computer would be able to alter what the scientists had done to counteract her wounds. Hiccadu would need some physical evidence that she hadn't just been released. That evidence would need to last until she reached the group, at least.

- - - - - - - - - -

John nodded and led the others into the woods after a brief glance and nod at Smoke, who looked almost completely at ease with his cigarette. The last thing John saw before disappearing past the treeline was the tell-tale orange glow at the end of the rod.

He led the way quickly, but stealthily, leaning his shovels against a trunk and taking to the air just above the trees' heights in order to make his way accurately towards the clearing. In moments they had arrived, Panther's body resting against the base of a trunk. John blinked once, then, without hedging around the action, began to dig into the soft earth. The wet grass and little resistance in the soil was evidence that it had rained earlier. Though it was nighttime, John could see there were still a few rain clouds overhead that blocked out the stars. He had only seen them a few times before, when he was far away from a city, under the open sky once darkness fell.

It occurred to him that Panther would never see them, and he began tearing up at the realization. The shovel grew blurrier in the faded light, until he was neither able to distinguish it from the ground. He stopped shoveling, shoulders wracked with sobs, leaning like a broken doll against his shovel. It was all too much.

AninOnin

Newbie Prophet

Eternal_PrinceOfFire

Dedicated Hunter

10,425 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Battle: Rogue 100
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Wed Nov 17, 2010 7:40 pm
((I've been busy with stuff and I've also been either too lazy, or couldn't think of a character idea to get back into this RP. Devon is still in recovery. Any suggestions on what other type of character I should make? Another scientist or something?))  
PostPosted: Thu Nov 18, 2010 12:17 am
((OOC: School is evil. Ded Silent is ded. Also, going to take the liberty of assuming the other Chimerae came with, since they all seem disinclined to respond - if that's not cool, let me know.))

Apsalar followed him as best she could without the ability to scoot above the treetops. While she had wings, they were trapped under the hoodie - and wouldn't have carried her even if they weren't.

Once they arrived, she saw Panther's body lying against the tree trunk. Her mouth trembled slightly.

Panther. She'd never hurt anyone. She'd never even tried.

Why should it have been her that had had to die?

Something was missing, she thought, looking at the pathetic little corpse that lay against the trunk. They needed something to give her more...dignity. More respect.

She turned away and went to the opposite end of the copse. There had been something there, some little flashes of white. Little white flowers. Pure. Sweet. Like the little girl they were burying.

Operating on instinct, she took a handful of the white flowers, picking each one carefully.

Upon turning around, she realized that John was crying. Her face softened a little, and she made her way back to him, looking around at the others. Their shared grief seemed to hang in the air.

She touched his shoulder, holding the flowers in her other hand. "Will help," she said softly. "Not alone. John."

Panther had been loved by all of them. He didn't have to face it all alone.  

SilentShadowDreamer

Omnipresent Sex Symbol

LovetoCauseMayhem

PostPosted: Sat Nov 20, 2010 1:47 am
Afternoon I had to ask
Or dare I, ever know
Tell us we are
dEmENteD
Watch as attention span
Hold, so fast
Then goes up in
s m o k e

It happened to
show its own face
Search for the
s o u l l e s s ends
Now put him to
rest.

Hiccadu nodded and heaved herself up onto her feet, looking up at her mechanical counterpart for permission before nodding to Yani one last time and skirting out the door, dashing into the forests and seeking the trail of fear and exhaust fumes.

Pausing for a moment in the high grass, she stood, shook herself, and looked around.

God, was the sky pretty.

Shaking her head, she continued on with a flick of her tail.

User Image
At this proof, this
LiVInG pRooF

It happened to
show its own face
Search for the
s o u l l e s s ends
Now put him to
rest.

Culprits, shudder
Apparitions left in time
If we're
honest... sight unknown
Awoke up certain

Put him to rest...

"RPC" *Roleplay Central*

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 49 50 51 52 53 54 ... 70 71 72 73 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games