Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Back to Guilds

A Dungeons & Dragons Roleplaying Guild - We have many active games, join requests are checked often, and everyone is accepted. 

Tags: Dungeons, Dragons, Roleplaying, Dungeons and Dragons 

Reply [L5R 3eR] Jade Legacy --- --- --- --- [Closed]
Jade Legacy [L5R 3eR] - Act 1: Atsumari/Gathering Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 49 50 51 52 53 54 ... 170 171 172 173 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit
Mongooseh rolled 7 10-sided dice: 10, 8, 5, 1, 7, 7, 5 Total: 43 (7-70)

Mongooseh

Distinct Raider

8,825 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Guildmember 100
  • Hellraiser 500
PostPosted: Mon Nov 15, 2010 2:58 am
@Lore Competition

Kagae watched as they each in turn told their partial knowledge of something but was annoyed that quite a few chose history and so used a knowledge he was well versed in.

"When attacking an enemy fortress it is paramount on whether to decide to out wait your enemy in hopes of starving them into submission but running the risk of reinforcements appearing. On the other hand if you wish to attack an enemy fortress you would wish to direct your siege engines to attack a corner where the fortress is always at its weakest."

Kagae would glance about wondering if he had said too much or if his information was inappropriate.

(Lore engineering: Siege emphasis 7k4+3 = 38 vs tn 5)  
Mongooseh rolled 1 10-sided dice: 3 Total: 3 (1-10)
PostPosted: Mon Nov 15, 2010 3:00 am

Mongooseh

Distinct Raider

8,825 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Guildmember 100
  • Hellraiser 500

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

PostPosted: Tue Nov 16, 2010 11:04 am
@ Jiujutsu Duels:

Denbe would land blow after blow after blow into Sozen's midsection, rattling the hell out of the Dragon bushi. He would stumble backwards, keeling over as he would hold his abdomen with both arms, wincing. This left the guard around his head completely down, and one quick blow to the side of the head would put the Dragon down, unconscious and face down on the ground.

"The winner for his second round is Ujina Denbe." Kuni Raicho would announce, and she would approach Sozen's side, kneeling beside him.

"Denbe has won two times. Do you still wish to face him a third time?"

Sozen would cough, and shake his head into the dirt. "I'll... pass, thanks..."

Raicho would stand, and gesture to Denbe. "Mirumoto Sozen declines a third round. Ujina Denbe advances!" There would be several claps as the gathered samurai would award his victory.  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 16, 2010 11:22 am
@ The Jiujutsu Competition

Kojiro had finished his katas and came down to the martial event just in time to see the Dragon get plowed into the ground by the Hare. "It looks like I missed a good fight." Kojiro said to no one in particular.  

Plainsfox

Romantic Paladin

10,600 Points
  • Battle Hardened 150
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Bunny Hunter 100
Sutiiven rolled 4 10-sided dice: 10, 10, 4, 4 Total: 28 (4-40)

Sutiiven

Dapper Conversationalist

5,150 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Friendly 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
PostPosted: Tue Nov 16, 2010 11:51 am
@ Poetry Competition

"Wisdom - mighty owl.
Share with us the wondrous moon.
Thy domain is night.
"

Wis-dom - might-y owl.
Share with us the wond-rous moon.
Thy dom-ain is night.

5/7/5. Kigo: Moon. Kireji: included.

(Storytelling (Poetry) Check 4k3 vs TN 10)  
Sutiiven rolled 2 10-sided dice: 7, 4 Total: 11 (2-20)
PostPosted: Tue Nov 16, 2010 11:52 am
Exploding Dice  

Sutiiven

Dapper Conversationalist

5,150 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Friendly 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100

Psychofish

Dedicated Loiterer

PostPosted: Tue Nov 16, 2010 12:11 pm
Victory it was, but it certainly hurt. "Thank you," Denbe bowed to the audience, but didn't vacate the ring. Instead he went to offer Sozen a hand to his feet and outside the fighting area. If the man could take it without harming his pride.

"Well fought, Mirumoto-san. You gave me reason to fear I might lose in both rounds. I hope you feel no shame in today's defeat."

He had commented about his defeats on the first day. Denbe did not recall which matches Sozen had fought in, but much as he was glad for victory, he preferred it not injure the Dragon's pride or sense of honor.  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 16, 2010 12:43 pm
@ Jiujutsu Duels:

Next up would be the Large-sized Hida Hogai, completely unarmored and recently treated of his burns. He would bow to his opponent opposite of him: Horiuchi Sayoko, glaring at the much larger Hida threw loosly strewn hair. She would not return the bow.

"If you two are ready and willing to keep it civil... you may fight!" Kuni Raicho announced, stepping back from between the two.

"Aren't you going to wish me luck, Sayoko-san? With the looks you're giving me, it looks like I'll need it," Hogai jested, smiling broadly.

"..."

As Sayoko made the first aggressive move, Hogai was ready for her, slightly beating her in initiative. He managed to stop her advance with a swift boot, delivering a solid kick to her abdomen! {Sayoko receives 12 damage, and is Nicked!}

"Stupid b*****d!" she would screech, going Full Attack and raising twice (for damage) as she attempted to push past the Hida's defenses. However, his large size gave him greater arm reach than her, and he managed to hold her back. She wasn't so much using jiujutsu, as fighting like a ravenous beast.

"Whoa, whoa, hey! Calm down!" Hogai told her, attempting to use his position to pull her close and grab her in a chokehold. The woman would claw at his arm and thrash around as he did his best to hold her still and subdue her. {16 damage for 28 total, Sayoko is Injured!} {7 damage, for 35 total, Sayoko is Crippled}

After a short time holding her like this, he would implore her, "Sayoko! Just give up, and I'll let you go!" She would not hear of it as she was using all her strength just to try to get his bulky arm away from his throat, but was unsuccessful. {18 damage, for 53 total, Sayoko is Out!} Soon, she would fight less and less, and grow still, as Hogai let her go, making sure she touched the ground gently.

"The winner of the first match is Hida Hogai. Good job subduing her; I'm impressed," Kuni Raicho would say, causing Hogai to almost startle in surprise. However, he would only bow to her and say nothing.

--------------------

A short time later, Sayoko would sit up awake, gasping for air. Realizing what had happened, she would climb quickly to her feet. "GO AGAIN! I'm ready now, damn you!" she would shot at Hogai.

Hogai would realize that Sayoko was not as unpredictable as he had thought, and was braced for her rush once more. Raising twice, he would attempt to deliver a crushing blow that would knock a lot of her starting wind out of her. Going for a type of shoulder tackle, he was impressed at her speed as she nimbly avoided the somewhat clumsy blow. Spending a Void to increase her chances of success, she would go for a brutal low blow on Hogai! {Full Attack, 21 damage to Hogai. He is Hurt!}

"Nnnnng!" Hogai winced, as he lurched forward to attempt to take Sayoko out with a haymaker! {1 raise to increase roll, 2 for damage} However, his momentum seemed lost as she ducked beneath the blow. Once more on Full Attack, Sayoko would raise twice to attempt to further tear apart the Hida! {Full Attack, 2 raises} However he managed to move forward enough where she had nowhere to strike but meaty chest, the blow she gave not doing any visible damage.

Deciding she was too dangerous, Hogai would use his wavering advantage to make sure he connected, delivering an elbow to Sayoko's face! {6 damage, for a total of 13; Sayoko is Grazed!}

Not learning her lesson, she would attempt to tear into Hogai, hoping to catch an opening she could exploit! He managed to keep her away once more, despite the scratches she was leaving on his arm! He was too injured to attempt a successful grapple again, so he would merely attempt to take her down piece by piece! {9 damage, for a total of 22; Sayoko is Hurt!}

Things were getting too risky to raise, so Sayoko would resort merely to Full Attacks for damage. She would come close to a strong kick to Hogai's leg, but she didn't connect in a vulnerable spot. Hogai would counter with a knee to her gut, as he countinued to beat upon the crazy woman! {7 more damage, for a total of 29; Sayoko was Injured!}

Catching on to his scheme, she would resort to Full Attacking for accuracy now, realizing she would not win any other way. Once more, her blow to his face came narrowly close to connecting, but he pulled away before the blow would land! He would reward the attempt with a Hida Heatbutt, which Sayoko would brush off with a Void Point to cushion the blow {1 damage, for a total of 30; Sayoko is still Injured!}

Finally connecting with a blow of her own, she would counter-headbutt Hogai, butting her hard head against his! {6 damage, 27 total. Hogai is Injured!}

Not wanting to give her an advantage, Hogai would not Full Attack, merely use her momentum to try to get her down before she took him down! He would tackle her suddenly, hoping the force of his entire weight would finally keep! {9 damage, 39 total, Sayoko was Down!}

Tackling her to the ground, both would pant heavily as he backed up. She would attempt to stand, but had taken too many blows and found herself unable. She was heavily bruised, blood trickling down her mouth, but her eyes never left his.

"The second match goes to Hida Hogai. Horiuchi Sayoko, are you content with submitting to-

"AGAIN! I WILL FIGHT AGAIN!!" she bellowed loudly. Raicho would look to Hogai, who would solemnly nod, to give her what she wanted.

--------------------

Sayoko, now already starting Grazed, would be panting heavily as she couldn't even stand up straight. Hogai would once more win initiative, hurrying forward to attempt to grapple her before she could flip out. Though he would be surprised when she grabbed ahold of his arm, practically turning him about as she latched onto his back, one arm around his head!

"Heh... heh... got you..." she would pant, clutching the Hida tightly. {10 damage to Hogai, who is Nicked!}

She would not be able to hold onto him though as he reached up with his right hand, grabbing ahold of her hair and pulling her up and over, slamming her down before him! {14 damage, for a total of 27, Sayoko is Injured!} He would kneel down on her back as he attempted to pin her there. However, she managed to spin away, before pulling his balancing leg out from under him, twisting it! {14 damage, for a total of 24, Hogai is Hurt!}

Hogai would find himself face down in the dirt for once in this battle, unable to brace himself for her continued attack! Sayoko would call a shot to the leg as she continued to apply pressure. Realizing what she is trying to do, Hogai uses a Void Point to reduce the wounds by 10. {1 damage, for a total of 25; Hogai is Injured!} Using strength of will, he managed to turn his body around enough to catch Sayoko in the face with his foot, practically making her relinquish her grasp on him. {9 damage, for a total of 36; Sayoko is Crippled!} But she had managed to recover quickly enough to prevent his escape, pulling at his leg once more! {8 damage, for a total of 33; Hogai is Crippled!}

Hogai was unable to squirm away, gritting in pain as she continued to apply pressure to his leg, twisting it. "I submit! I submit the match!" he cried out, when

SNAP

Hogai would cry out in pain, as his leg suddenly dislocated from his hip! {8 damage from called shot to the leg, 41, Hogai is Down!} Releasing her hold, grinning a bloody grin, Sayoko would merely stand, and bow to Raicho.

"I humbly forfeit the match," she would say. While bowing, she would be unable to see as Raicho stormed right up to her, and WHAM!

Raicho's solid hook would lay Sayoko out flat on the ground, as she literally bounced once from the force of the rapid impact. {Called shot to the head, 19 damage; for a total of 55; Sayoko is Out!}

"Tch." Raicho would mutter, looking down at the unconscious Sayoko and the now badly injured Hogai. Looking off to the side, she would call out, "Urako! Come clean this trash up. Get it out of my sight." Raicho's eta servant would bow and hurry over, and begin dragging Sayoko's form away. The rest of the servants nearby would (carefully) carry Hogai out of the sparring area for treatment.

"Isawa Sosuke, Kakita Zanzen. If you two can fight without screwing up like the last pairing, then you may begin. I have go to take care of my Crab," she would say, effectively leaving the Phoenix and Crane unsupervised.  

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

Plainsfox

Romantic Paladin

10,600 Points
  • Battle Hardened 150
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Bunny Hunter 100
PostPosted: Tue Nov 16, 2010 1:01 pm
@The Jiujutsu Competition

Kojiro grinned as the Crab and Unicorn squared off against each other. He knew first hand that Hogai-san was a formidable opponent, and the Horiuchi seemed to live only for fighting.

Sayako didn't disappoint. Kojiro thought that the woman thrived on spite alone. Especially given the way she ended her third match. After Raicho nailed the Unicorn with her fist, the Scorpion mentally thought to bring both sake and his kusarigama when he visited the Unicorn later. He was curious about her.  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 16, 2010 1:07 pm
@The fisticuffs.
As the snap would be heard by all Kagae would cringe noticeably as the unicorn dislocated Hogai's leg.Then watched as he was dragged off but decided to follow thinking it would be polite to go see his new found friend after such an ordeal.  

Mongooseh

Distinct Raider

8,825 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Guildmember 100
  • Hellraiser 500

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

PostPosted: Tue Nov 16, 2010 1:14 pm
@ Prior Crab Shenanigans:

"No, I believe Kita has a soft spot for the Crane. Wouldn't you, for your fellow Lion?" Ide Jiro would listen to Seichiro's comment, and simply retort, "It's not a matter of accommodations. It's more of a matter of company. If you watch the Jiujutsu Duels later, you'll understand why." Jiro would bow to Seichiro suddenly, turning to face him.

"If you'd excuse me, I have to go prepare for the Poetry competition later. Good luck on your own event, Seichiro-san." So he won't bog down the scene any longer, Jiro would leave after excusing himself.

--------------------

@ Jiujutsu Post-Duel:

If Kagae would go try and track down Hogai, he would find Kuni Raicho casting healing water spells upon him. Do you wish to interrupt?  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 16, 2010 1:16 pm
Kagae would stand and wait for Raicho to finish healing Hogai.  

Mongooseh

Distinct Raider

8,825 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Guildmember 100
  • Hellraiser 500

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

PostPosted: Tue Nov 16, 2010 1:37 pm
@ Poetry Competition:

Ide Jiro would follow up after Hisashi's poem, smiling to the young Yoritomo.

{Storytelling (Poetry) roll of 39}

"Skilled blossom viewer,
perched up high - samurai-ko
blind to his vigil."

Seppun Benjiro would hesitate and stop in his step, turning to Jiro and giving him an odd - and slightly disappointed - look. In response, Jiro would smile and shrug.

Bayushi Kojiro, you're up!  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 16, 2010 1:46 pm
@ Post-Jiujutsu Duel:

"Up. Walk." Raicho would tell Hogai as she finished her spells. The bushi would get up and begin to walk to the nearest wall, stumbling slightly as he tried to get his footing.

"Your mobility should come back by next round. Walk it off, it'll feel better in no time. I'm not doing this again, so don't let it happen again, or you'll be stuck that way."

Getting up from her kneeling position, Raicho would simply walk away from Hogai, towards Kagae. She would slow her pace, glaring at him with cold, unforgiving eyes {Deceit (Intimidation) check of 30}; once she passed him, however, she would continue on her normal pace.  

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

Plainsfox rolled 3 10-sided dice: 10, 8, 1 Total: 19 (3-30)

Plainsfox

Romantic Paladin

10,600 Points
  • Battle Hardened 150
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Bunny Hunter 100
PostPosted: Tue Nov 16, 2010 1:53 pm
@ The poetry contest

Bayushi Kojiro felt truly out of his element as he struggled to compose a verse. Bayushi would not be daunted by such a triviality as a haiku contest and the young bushi resolved to be worthy of the name.

With that in mind, Kojiro uttered what he thought was acceptable prose.

Cicada's loud cry
Draws watchful owl's gaze towards
Do two lovers meet?

Kojiro waited anxiously for Lord Seppun's response. His tongue nearly added a syllable that was not in the haiku as his mind saw it and if Lord Benjiro caught it, then he would be removed from the tournament.

OOC: Result: 19  
[L5R 3eR] Jade Legacy --- --- --- --- [Closed]

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 49 50 51 52 53 54 ... 170 171 172 173 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games