Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Back to Guilds

A Dungeons & Dragons Roleplaying Guild - We have many active games, join requests are checked often, and everyone is accepted. 

Tags: Dungeons, Dragons, Roleplaying, Dungeons and Dragons 

Reply [L5R 3eR] Jade Legacy --- --- --- --- [Closed]
Jade Legacy [L5R 3eR] - Act 2 Chapter 1: Daiippo/First Step Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 49 50 51 52 53 54 56 57 58 59 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit
Psychofish rolled 2 10-sided dice: 6, 10 Total: 16 (2-20)

Psychofish

Dedicated Loiterer

PostPosted: Fri Dec 16, 2011 10:13 pm
Gritting his teeth, the Hare coughed, blinking sweat and ash out of his eyes as he started to push again- and this time slowly started to shift the pieces of the house away from himself, pushing bit by bit aside and worming his way free until he set his feet against a collapsed beam pinning him- and with a growl, lifted it, forcing it aside.

In the middle of the flames, he rose to his feet, coughing and standing charred- gripping his katana.

Now.

To recovering Kagae's daisho.

[2k2 Strength: 21 vs TN 15+5]

((If Denbe is allowed any more actions this turn I'll have to get some notice about what sort. Until I know if he can make an attack, or move/minor actions or what, I'm leaving it at this.))  
Psychofish rolled 2 10-sided dice: 5, 6 Total: 11 (2-20)
PostPosted: Fri Dec 16, 2011 10:16 pm
[Strengthsplosion: 15]  

Psychofish

Dedicated Loiterer

Plainsfox

Romantic Paladin

10,600 Points
  • Battle Hardened 150
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Bunny Hunter 100
PostPosted: Sat Dec 17, 2011 12:04 am
Kojiro shrugged and merely followed Miyako. Hopefully they'd have enough Jade Wardens to accomplish their mission should all be said and done.  
Mongooseh rolled 6 10-sided dice: 2, 2, 9, 4, 1, 9 Total: 27 (6-60)
PostPosted: Sat Dec 17, 2011 3:52 am
@ Kagae's Fight:

Giving it another go of stabbing the blasted bandit as he was scratched by another arrow.

"I'll be with you in a second! Now can you stop with those infernal arrows!"

Doesn't hurt to go by trial of error and tried to stab shogo.

(4k3 chain weapons +2 dice for explosions vs tn ? +10. Result: 15 )  

Mongooseh

Distinct Raider

8,825 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Guildmember 100
  • Hellraiser 500
Mongooseh rolled 5 10-sided dice: 3, 3, 7, 7, 1 Total: 21 (5-50)

Mongooseh

Distinct Raider

8,825 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Guildmember 100
  • Hellraiser 500
PostPosted: Sat Dec 17, 2011 3:54 am
<3k3 raw perception using raise to lower to tn 10 +10 wound penalty. Result: 13 )  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 17, 2011 3:57 pm
GM's notes:
Kojiro: -1k0 earth/water.
Denbe: -1k0 earth/void.
Kagae: None
Seichiro: -1k0 earth/void.
Zanzen: -1k0 earth/water.
Kyumi: -1k0 fire/void.
Hisashi:None
Miyako: None

--------------------

@ Denbe's & Kagae's Fight:

41 - Kuemon, Katana drawn, Full Defense
23 - Denbe, Katana drawn, 9 damage, (Grazed +5)
22 - Akahito, Hankyu drawn, Location ???
17 - Iwao/Sanzo, (7 damage, Grazed +3)
16 - Machiko, Katana drawn
11 - Sotan, Katana drawn, 27 damage (Injured +15), 1VP spent, Attack Stance
10 - Kagae, 15 damage, (Hurt +10), Kusarigama drawn, Attack Stance
10 - Shogo, Bo drawn, Attack Stance

As Denbe managed to find a good point to gain some leverage and push the burning tinder off of him, freeing him from his confines, he would see a figure amidst the smoke...

"Ujina-san!" Bow hooked over his shoulder and across his chest, Iwao/Bayushi Sanzo was throwing pieces of wood left and right, trying to find where the Hare was buried and free him. Upon seeing Denbe stand up, he would cough a few times from the smoke inhalation, but seem to stand up straight and relax some.

15 vs TN 20+5, miss!

About 30' away was Kagae, chain weapon in hand, trying to deal with a wily... monk? Wait, no, it was a bandit definitely, mangy hair being the first such indicator. The bo-wielding bandit evaded another clumsy kusarigama blow, ready to continue the fight, looking for an opening. He seems to be scanning the treeline for something, not able to focus completely on his opponent.

SUDDENLY!

Machiko rushed up to the side of the burning rubble closest to the center of town, unsheathing her sword. "BAYUSHI SANZO! You dare return to my village? If you cannot wait for your execution, then kami be my witness, I will grant you this one boon!"

Turning his head, Iwao/Sanzo would give a dissatisfied glare to Machiko. "... really?" he would ask aloud.

SUDDENLY!

A dark-clothed man would appear on the woodline side of the burning hut, sword glowing in the firelight the only thing betraying his presence - not unlike how Kagae's armor and chain weapon was reflecting light, making him a nice shining target. "Bayushi Sanzo, it seems that I've caught you with your trousers down. Once I strike you down, I will have no trouble claiming this village for my own."

With an exaggerated sigh, Iwao/Sanzo would then turn to look upon Kuemon. "Really?" he would repeat.

SUDDENLY!

From Iwao/Sanzo's feet, a heavily injured and bloodied sword-wielding bandit would burst from the debris. "NOW YOU DIE, SAM... wait, you're not that other guy. OH WELL, I'LL KILL YOU ANYWAYS!" Brandishing a well-forged katana menacingly, he would ready himself to fight Iwao/Sanzo.

Raising an eyebrow, he would look down at the injured man. "Really?!"

@ Top of Initiative Order:

Kuemon was closer to Denbe than any other samurai, and he would take each of the warriors in place, as if pieces on a shogi board.

"Samurai, your Scorpion friends were ambushed by my men on the west side of town. They'll likely survive the encounter, but in what condition I cannot say. Your Kaiu companion also seems do be doing rather poorly. Tend to them and cross not my path, and no wrath will befall any of you. Stand aside; this is my only warning to you."

Kuemon takes a full defensive stance! Full Defense roll of 51

Denbe, you're up!

--------------------

@ Kojiro, Miyako:

It's not difficult to see the burning remains of a building. However, to get there, I will require Agility/Athletics (Running) rolls of TN 30. Each round after this one, you get a free raise towards making it and joining combat (and reroll initiative when you do make the roll). Mind you, you don't need to keep your highest if you don't want to abandon your companion.  

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

Tei Kae rolled 3 10-sided dice: 2, 3, 8 Total: 13 (3-30)

Tei Kae

Distinct Genius

PostPosted: Sat Dec 17, 2011 4:07 pm
[Agility/Athletics 2k2:5 Nope!

Just keep swimming, swimming, swimming]  
Plainsfox rolled 8 10-sided dice: 9, 10, 9, 6, 2, 8, 6, 4 Total: 54 (8-80)
PostPosted: Sat Dec 17, 2011 4:07 pm
Kojiro gave Miya a worried look as he saw the fire and set off at his best speed! "They're going to need help now!" Kojiro said as he sprinted off to help the other Jade Wardens. Hoping he could manage the feat he pulled off yesterday! However, Kojiro noticed that the little Shosuro was having trouble keeping up, so he measured his pace accordingly.

OOC: Agility/Athletics +1 void point=5k4 w/ 3 dices rolled for explosions
Results: 24

Void point not spent as of conversation with GM.  

Plainsfox

Romantic Paladin

10,600 Points
  • Battle Hardened 150
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Bunny Hunter 100
Plainsfox rolled 11 10-sided dice: 2, 4, 6, 9, 4, 10, 6, 10, 2, 2, 3 Total: 58 (11-110)

Plainsfox

Romantic Paladin

10,600 Points
  • Battle Hardened 150
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Bunny Hunter 100
PostPosted: Sat Dec 17, 2011 4:12 pm
Kojiro's new initiative!
7k3 w/ 4 additional dice to handle explosions.
Results: 37  
Psychofish rolled 6 10-sided dice: 4, 10, 2, 1, 1, 5 Total: 23 (6-60)
PostPosted: Sat Dec 17, 2011 11:51 pm
Blackened, and covered in scrapes and a tiny bit of blood, sweating, the Hare looked at Kuemon steadily. Truth be told, something about this bandit was terrifying him right now, and even as he took up that pose the Hare knew he wouldn't be in a good position to challenge him until his attentions were split the way he was right now.

However, this fact changed nothing.

Looking away from the looming figure as the bandit burst from the wreckage, Denbe made a distasteful face, sick of the whole mess building up, from the Magistrate to this madman with a stolen weapon-

Keeping beyond striking range, the Hare circled around Kuemon, and then simply turned from him to stalk over to Sotan(putting the bandit between himself and Iwao if possible)- there was no fancy footwork or swordsmanship now, just a sudden strike at as much speed as he could muster.

"Enough."

Whipping the bloody sword away, if the bandit was finally relieved of his consciousness and over-large mouth, the Hare would bend quickly to retrieve Kagae's katana from him. The sooner that got to the Crab, the better.

Which would leave him, for the moment, more or less standing by Iwao. And possibly a bandit.

[6k4 Agility/Kenjutsu: 27 vs Sotan's TN+5]  

Psychofish

Dedicated Loiterer

Psychofish rolled 2 10-sided dice: 6, 3 Total: 9 (2-20)

Psychofish

Dedicated Loiterer

PostPosted: Sat Dec 17, 2011 11:52 pm
[Explosion: 16]  
Psychofish rolled 5 10-sided dice: 4, 10, 1, 3, 6 Total: 24 (5-50)
PostPosted: Sun Dec 18, 2011 12:01 am
[5k2 Damage: 19]  

Psychofish

Dedicated Loiterer

Psychofish rolled 2 10-sided dice: 3, 10 Total: 13 (2-20)

Psychofish

Dedicated Loiterer

PostPosted: Sun Dec 18, 2011 12:04 am
[Boom Goes the Bandit: 13]  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 18, 2011 7:43 pm
GM's notes:
Kojiro: -1k0 earth/water.
Denbe: -1k0 earth/void.
Kagae: None
Seichiro: -1k0 earth/void.
Zanzen: -1k0 earth/water.
Kyumi: -1k0 fire/void.
Hisashi:None
Miyako: None

--------------------

@ Denbe's & Kagae's Fight:

41 - Kuemon, Katana drawn, Full Defense
23 - Denbe, Katana drawn, 9 damage, (Grazed +5)
22 - Akahito, Hankyu drawn, Location ???
17 - Iwao/Sanzo, (7 damage, Grazed +3), Running Away Stance
16 - Machiko, Katana drawn, Full Attack Stance
11 - Sotan, Katana drawn, 36 damage (Crippled +20), 2VP spent, Full Attack Stance
10 - Kagae, 15 damage, (Hurt +10), Kusarigama drawn, Attack Stance
10 - Shogo, Bo drawn, Attack Stance

Denbe rushed to engage Sotan, stomping through the ruined remains of the building. Though there was no danger of doing so, it provided difficult terrain that made navigation difficult (and a TN+5 penalty to the roll). However, even with this, it would not stop Denbe from slashing across Sotan's back with his blade! However, a quick and desperate throw of his body prevented the attack from being completely incapacitating! Sotan spends his last void point to reduce damage by 10, and is instead only Crippled!

Kagae, your wish has been granted! No arrows rain down on you this time. Denbe, you're amidst smoldering ruins of a hut so you don't get the perception check, but Kagae, give me that TN 15 Perception check again! Still only one free raise, since the arrow is instead shot at Iwao/Sanzo instead! Luckily, the smog and darkness seems to provide enough cover where the arrow misses by about two feet.

Iwao/Bayushi Sanzo looks at the situation he had gotten himself into, finding himself in a bit of a pincer situation. Seeing Sotan's fate was likely in Denbe's hands, he instead went over to Kuemon, armed with nothing, and... kneeled before him??

"I have failed you, my lord. I followed your instructions to the letter, but the magistrate has escaped her bonds and now threatens your very plans. I beg you, please forgive and take mercy on your humble servant." To emphasize his "apology", he rolls a modified 34 on his "etiquette", after a raise so Machiko would hear it.

"What?! What madness is this?" Kuemon says, confounded. Sneering and taking up his katana, he begins to raise it. "Fine. So be it. If you insist on baring me your neck, I will take your head!"

Though, he was forced again to suddenly re-assert his defensive posture as he was barely able to use his katana to hold back Machiko's as she charged across the ruined hut and attacked Kuemon. "YOU!! YOU put him up to this?!" she would screech, eyes and voice full of Brashness.

33 on her attack roll, and while impressive, it is not nearly enough to get past Kuemon's defenses.

"You... you stupid cow! He's lying! Look, he's getting away!" Kuemon yelled right at Machiko's face, but was forced back a step as she pressed her attack, ignoring his attempts to reason with her.

Iwao/Bayushi Sanzo was indeed fleeing the scene.

26 vs TN 24+20 = very miss

Sotan would turn and try to slash wildly at Denbe, growling lowly. "I... I'll kill you... won't stop... kill you..." he muttered, nigh-unintelligibly. It took minimal effort and resources for Denbe to avoid such wild swings!

Kagae, that perception check, then initiative! Denbe, that Tides of Battle will probably be a good idea now. Since the round will be ending, Kojiro and Miyako may give me another pair of Athletics checks with 1 free raise vs TN 30.  

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

Tei Kae rolled 4 10-sided dice: 1, 2, 9, 4 Total: 16 (4-40)

Tei Kae

Distinct Genius

PostPosted: Sun Dec 18, 2011 8:52 pm
As she saw Kojiro slow his pace right after saying their companion needed them, she couldn't resist the urge to snap at the other Scorpion. "Then don't wait for me and go help him!" and hopefully would run to help him while Miyako did her best to catch up.

[Agility/Athletics 2k2:3  
[L5R 3eR] Jade Legacy --- --- --- --- [Closed]

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 49 50 51 52 53 54 56 57 58 59 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces