Welcome to Gaia! ::

It's A Girl Thing! ♥

Back to Guilds

A Family, A Home. 

Tags: Linkin Park, Contests, Hangout, Role Playing, Twilight 

Reply It's A Girl Thing!
I'm going to be talking for a long, long time. 8D Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 49 50 51 52 53 54 ... 85 86 87 88 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

jiniistrawberii
Crew

Feral Fatcat

PostPosted: Sun Sep 01, 2013 2:17 am
Yokies

That would make a bit of sense. Roserade is also part Poison-type though, so maybe that type gives her the advantage. I wish Roserade can also learn Quiver Dance but it seems Lilligant is the only non-Bug-type to be able to learn it. Though that's true, fluffy is better than leafy I would assume. xD

It's true. I think a few are really worried about their standing because of how many people were let go. But to be precise, many of the people who were let go there was a reason for. They let go out Herald's of Chaos's team because of how poorly it did and they realized they didn't need them anymore to take care of the game, so there was no reason to have them around and continue paying them when the game failed. zOMG's team is gone as well for that very reason. It did better than HoC, but it still didn't do enough to warrant keeping it worked on. Then a few of the highest paid artists were let go because they just couldn't afford to pay them their rates.
That's probably true. People probably don't bash her as much because she's seen as someone kind and generous. Though I don't think people realize that if it weren't Sisky someone else would be holding the same contests in her place, but she definitely wants to do it because she likes doing that kind of thing.

I suppose that's true. xD I don't know where we all get these weird names though lol. They're so silly.
Yeah, that's at least something we're sure on. Names are a bit odd, it doesn't seem to be a norm here for people to call each other mama and daddy just because unless they're talking to their child.
I do hope so as well. Even though I don't need one, it'd just be nice to finally have one. I'm not going to lie, sometimes I get a little jealous seeing my friends on Facebook have rings and everything, but I usually just forget about it. Though the mention of him wanting to get me jewelry made me think about it again, so I thought, why not a ring! Haha. But yeah, it doesn't matter to me when it happens, because like I said, I don't need it and even though it'd be nice it wont change anything even if I do have it, I'll just have "proof" as people call it lol.

Yup! It's why we don't need to rush into it this soon. We want to have a wedding, albeit a small one, and we want to get prepared for that. We want to know that legally we can afford it, as many financial situations change once you're officially married, and we want to know that we'll have enough for a small wedding and a party afterward. We didn't plan on inviting too many people, but I think it might be hard to do that because.. well I have more friends than I thought I did. xD

User Image User Image

Yeah. Poison types are quite deadly (and a lot more powerful than Grass types) when they're properly trained. Well, it was stated in Bulbapedia that since they patterned Lilligant after a dancer, they made it so that she could learn any kind of dances. I just wish she could also learn Dragon Dance, then she'd be really dangerous xD

Woah, so you mean zOMG's gone now?! Wow, that's a lot of cutbacks that they did. Well, here's to hoping things will turn out for the better. I guess they're really facing tough times now, that's why they're giving so much attention to those who actually spend money on them, to encourage others to spend more as well. How much is $1 in terms of GC anyway?
      Do they have like special privileges like unlimited amount of gold or something? Or do they still have to work their butts off to earn gold here?

I think it's how we try to find words to describe what we see. It's just that we can't really say the words properly, thus we do a shortcut and name them on our own. Like my niece. Grandfather in our language is called "lolo" but she calls my dad "nono". Yeah, they are silly... but very cute and funny xD
      A ring will always be a ring, and there's no point in denying the thrill we girls feel when we're given one... even if it's planned. They're like the most romantic thing in the world.

Yes, the invitation list is always a problem. You'd like to invite all of your friends, but you just can't afford it. On top of that, you have to deal with anger and jealousy of those not invited. Sometimes secret weddings could be just nice, but then you'll have to explain to the whole world why they never got invited rofl

User ImageUser Image

PostPosted: Sun Sep 01, 2013 2:34 am
Louisa Iris

Deadly.. with their poison!..xD Oh god. Well in that case, Dragon Dance only raises Attack and Speed, which a Lilligant wouldn't need attack, and Speed is covered in Quiver Dance, which raises not only Sp. Atk. but also Sp, Def. on top of that.

Well zOMG isn't gone, no. It's just that they aren't going to work on it at all anymore. If anything's broken, they can't fix it. There will be no more events in it because they can't implement it. The code is far too old for anyone to touch it and it isn't within their interest to mess with it anymore. But yeah, I actually saw a quote of the person who is in charge of the GC stuff, and she's actually very sorry people feel they are being forced into purchasing GC. She's sorry that it seems that that's all they care about, and that the person working on non-GC things is taking a while to finish and it sucks that they can't release anything now but they're getting there. But she's doing what she thinks is best for the company, and she just wants to see Gaia not only survive, but thrive. 1 dollar is 100 GC. So basically 5 dollars would get you 500, 10 would get you 1000 and so on.
No I don't believe they get anything like that. I think they might be able to request items they've made (though don't quote me on that, I don't know if that is a fact) but otherwise I'm pretty sure they have to work the same way everyone else does.

Aw that sounds really cute. xD Kids are silly, but I guess even older people have been known to cut corners depending on what words they want to use lol.
Yeah, that's exactly how I feel about it. xD It makes me feel so fuzzy hah.

That's the scary part lol. I don't want anyone to be upset or anything if they're not invited. I mean, it's just the fact that I won't be able to afford a whole bunch of people. I'm sure most of my friends who may not be able to come will understand that, but there might always be that couple that are like "well whatever" and get all ugly lol.

Yokies

Crew

King Bear

64,350 Points
  • The Bears Are In 500
  • I Won the Titles the Titles are Mine! 500
  • Couple of Time 500

jiniistrawberii
Crew

Feral Fatcat

PostPosted: Sun Sep 01, 2013 4:48 am
Yokies

Deadly.. with their poison!..xD Oh god. Well in that case, Dragon Dance only raises Attack and Speed, which a Lilligant wouldn't need attack, and Speed is covered in Quiver Dance, which raises not only Sp. Atk. but also Sp, Def. on top of that.

Well zOMG isn't gone, no. It's just that they aren't going to work on it at all anymore. If anything's broken, they can't fix it. There will be no more events in it because they can't implement it. The code is far too old for anyone to touch it and it isn't within their interest to mess with it anymore. But yeah, I actually saw a quote of the person who is in charge of the GC stuff, and she's actually very sorry people feel they are being forced into purchasing GC. She's sorry that it seems that that's all they care about, and that the person working on non-GC things is taking a while to finish and it sucks that they can't release anything now but they're getting there. But she's doing what she thinks is best for the company, and she just wants to see Gaia not only survive, but thrive. 1 dollar is 100 GC. So basically 5 dollars would get you 500, 10 would get you 1000 and so on.
No I don't believe they get anything like that. I think they might be able to request items they've made (though don't quote me on that, I don't know if that is a fact) but otherwise I'm pretty sure they have to work the same way everyone else does.

Aw that sounds really cute. xD Kids are silly, but I guess even older people have been known to cut corners depending on what words they want to use lol.
Yeah, that's exactly how I feel about it. xD It makes me feel so fuzzy hah.

That's the scary part lol. I don't want anyone to be upset or anything if they're not invited. I mean, it's just the fact that I won't be able to afford a whole bunch of people. I'm sure most of my friends who may not be able to come will understand that, but there might always be that couple that are like "well whatever" and get all ugly lol.

User Image User Image

But it takes a while to train them to their potential. I tried training a Venipede and so far... I know my Lilligant can finish him in seconds. You could say I find them tricky~
      That is true. Quiver Dance provides it all. Well, I just thought since she's supposed to know all the dance moves, then it would have been... "cool" to be able to learn Dragon Dance as well. Imagine, a Grass type that can do a Dragon move emotion_awesome

Oooh, kind of like a slow death eh? I mean, if bugs aren't going to be fixed anymore, people will definitely be pissed off with those glitches. Oh well, less ways to make money now :p
      You can't really blame them now, can we? I mean, the company's not a charitable institution. It's main goal is to earn money, so of course they're going to give much more attention to those who are giving them money. Well, at least they're getting there. And that we know they also have something for the likes of me :p I dunno, after the talks that we've been having, I'm more understanding now. It must be tough running this kind of website... it's not like Facebook who earns a lot in advertising.
      Oh, I see. Well, you really can have a lot of things when you use 20 bucks. Too bad it costs a lot in our country sweatdrop Well, it's no wonder some people buy GCs. They're kind of cheap, especially if they have the means to save those money.

Yeah, and now we're starting to call him "nono" as well xD True. We human beings love shortcuts too much xD

It's always the scary part because you just don't know if you've invited enough or not yet. You're always in that limbo wherein one moment you're fine, the next you're worrying like hell. You could say it's part of getting married, haha rofl Just think of it this way: if they can't be happy for you, then they're not "really" your friend.
      Invite me~! rofl

User ImageUser Image

PostPosted: Sun Sep 01, 2013 12:04 pm
Louisa Iris

Training a Venipede was probably one of the most fun things I've done. xD I LOVE Scolipede, that thing has saved my butt quite a few times lol.
Sceptile can learn Dragon Claw if that means anything? XD Tropius can learn Dragon Dance if it's chain bred in HeartGold and SoulSilver. And both of them and Seperior can learn Dragon Pulse (though I believe Seperior is only Move Tutor). Oh! And many different Pokemon can learn Dragon Tail. o: Like Eelectross and Meganium~ o 3o

I'm not sure. I know they wouldn't want it to die, because of all the loot that drops from the game. They're essential to other parts on the site, like alchemy. If they were to let zOMG die they'd have to find another way to put those items into the system.
Even when they are strapped for cash, they've always offered free offers as well. I understand that they're not available to everyone and sometimes they don't all work, but it's still great that a company offers a way to get their cash equivalent at all, but people take that for granted as well. And yeah, Facebook also makes money by selling your info to advertising places like that. It's why the advertisements that show up pertain to your interests, and if you x out one that doesn't, that's why it asks you why you did it, why you didn't want to see it. They want to know what you WILL want to see so they can target you with specific advertisements. At least Gaia doesn't do that, at least Gaia gives you the choice of giving them any kind of money, you know? Facebook just does whatever it wants.
Yeah, that's the one crappy thing about conversation rates and stuff. While it may not seem like a lot to people in America or other choice countries, it can be a heck of a lot to people in others. But to many people 5-20 dollars here and there isn't a lot, so it's not really a surprise that people give them that money for the items they want.

Does he mind that? XD

I guess that's one reason why brides can turn into "bridezillas". XD I don't think people understand how stressful a wedding can be at times. I mean, I don't always agree with how crazy the women get, like at all, but I know they're going to be all rainbows and sunshine. xD But yeah, that's how I planned on looking at it. If they can't be happy for you then what kind of friend were they in the first place?
Oh my. xD

Yokies

Crew

King Bear

64,350 Points
  • The Bears Are In 500
  • Couple of Time 500

jiniistrawberii
Crew

Feral Fatcat

PostPosted: Sat Sep 07, 2013 11:28 pm
Yokies

Training a Venipede was probably one of the most fun things I've done. xD I LOVE Scolipede, that thing has saved my butt quite a few times lol.
Sceptile can learn Dragon Claw if that means anything? XD Tropius can learn Dragon Dance if it's chain bred in HeartGold and SoulSilver. And both of them and Seperior can learn Dragon Pulse (though I believe Seperior is only Move Tutor). Oh! And many different Pokemon can learn Dragon Tail. o: Like Eelectross and Meganium~ o 3o

I'm not sure. I know they wouldn't want it to die, because of all the loot that drops from the game. They're essential to other parts on the site, like alchemy. If they were to let zOMG die they'd have to find another way to put those items into the system.
Even when they are strapped for cash, they've always offered free offers as well. I understand that they're not available to everyone and sometimes they don't all work, but it's still great that a company offers a way to get their cash equivalent at all, but people take that for granted as well. And yeah, Facebook also makes money by selling your info to advertising places like that. It's why the advertisements that show up pertain to your interests, and if you x out one that doesn't, that's why it asks you why you did it, why you didn't want to see it. They want to know what you WILL want to see so they can target you with specific advertisements. At least Gaia doesn't do that, at least Gaia gives you the choice of giving them any kind of money, you know? Facebook just does whatever it wants.
Yeah, that's the one crappy thing about conversation rates and stuff. While it may not seem like a lot to people in America or other choice countries, it can be a heck of a lot to people in others. But to many people 5-20 dollars here and there isn't a lot, so it's not really a surprise that people give them that money for the items they want.

Does he mind that? XD

I guess that's one reason why brides can turn into "bridezillas". XD I don't think people understand how stressful a wedding can be at times. I mean, I don't always agree with how crazy the women get, like at all, but I know they're going to be all rainbows and sunshine. xD But yeah, that's how I planned on looking at it. If they can't be happy for you then what kind of friend were they in the first place?
Oh my. xD

User Image User Image

Yeah, I can see that he is a very useful Pokemon on anyone's team. But I'm just getting bored playing Unova again and again and again... I haven't touched my DS in a while.
      Oh yeah, I forgot those moves rofl Sometimes, Grass types are so tricky to train. They've got some nasty moves up their sleeves, but you have to know them very well to make the most out of them.

Fair point. You're right, looks like it'll be stuck like that for good now eh?
      Well that is a marketing practice in most industries. That's why they're bound by very strict contracts that they can't divulge any of those secrets to other companies without paying for them because it could be the end for them. You'd be surprised how cut throat the marketing industry could be at times.
      Yes, well economics in all aspects is just very hard to understand. You'd wonder how money could change value from one country to another when they're just that... money. Let's not dwell on it, it's too complicated rofl

No, he loves it to bits. He just adores my niece xD

True! Brides want to be the prettiest girls on the planet on their wedding day, so they'll do anything to keep it at that... even turn into horrible monsters if something goes wrong xD
      I swear, I'll be the most behaved guest you'll have... if I could get there on time that is rofl

BTW, what about that Barton Boutique item eh? Do you think it's worth buying one? I've just seen it right now, so I'm not yet sure if it's worth the price or not... but I am sorely tempted to buy one xD

User ImageUser Image

PostPosted: Sun Sep 08, 2013 12:15 am
Louisa Iris

I really liked Unova but I only played through it a couple of times. I just couldn't keep doing it. ; w;
Grass-types can definitely be difficult. You have to do your research and just train the best you can to get out their full potential.

At least until they possibly figure out another way to give people zOMG loot. xD But I highly doubt it'll ever actually leave. But speaking of that, HoC and Moga Galaxy are being removed. They were of course not solely on Gaia though, and they didn't drop anything specific that is needed elsewhere so it's easier to remove them.
It's not very surprising to be honest. People want to make money and will cut down anyone they can to do so. If I had the choice of letting a competitor get ahead of me or pulling them down, you could bet your life I'd pull them down. Letting a competitor get the upper hand could mean the complete downfall of a company, so it's understandable how the marketing industry is.
It's definitely too complicated. I'd rather not get into it either. XDD

Aw. xD I don't really.. like my niece. She's not sweet or anything of the like and she doesn't really like any of us lol.

It's truly amazing how crazy brides will get. XD
I can imagine you arriving like three hours late and all that is left is a tiny square of cake for you, lol.

I don't think it's worth it if you don't have the gold to spend. I'm sure the items you'd possibly want out of it are far cheaper. Not ALL of them are cheaper yet, but it's probably better just to buy in the MP for a sure thing. There is a list here of all the items. The item was basically a way to get a lot of gold out of the system. Many people were buying them up to see what all the new items were and that initial craze sunk a ton of gold. People are hoping they'll do it every month so it'll keep happening and bring the prices down on items. Though after the month is over it'll be taken out, so at least some of the items will gain in value once it's gone. Either way, if you don't have extra gold I wouldn't do it. xD

Yokies

Crew

King Bear

64,350 Points
  • The Bears Are In 500
  • Couple of Time 500

jiniistrawberii
Crew

Feral Fatcat

PostPosted: Sun Sep 08, 2013 12:39 am
Yokies

I really liked Unova but I only played through it a couple of times. I just couldn't keep doing it. ; w;
Grass-types can definitely be difficult. You have to do your research and just train the best you can to get out their full potential.

At least until they possibly figure out another way to give people zOMG loot. xD But I highly doubt it'll ever actually leave. But speaking of that, HoC and Moga Galaxy are being removed. They were of course not solely on Gaia though, and they didn't drop anything specific that is needed elsewhere so it's easier to remove them.
It's not very surprising to be honest. People want to make money and will cut down anyone they can to do so. If I had the choice of letting a competitor get ahead of me or pulling them down, you could bet your life I'd pull them down. Letting a competitor get the upper hand could mean the complete downfall of a company, so it's understandable how the marketing industry is.
It's definitely too complicated. I'd rather not get into it either. XDD

Aw. xD I don't really.. like my niece. She's not sweet or anything of the like and she doesn't really like any of us lol.

It's truly amazing how crazy brides will get. XD
I can imagine you arriving like three hours late and all that is left is a tiny square of cake for you, lol.

I don't think it's worth it if you don't have the gold to spend. I'm sure the items you'd possibly want out of it are far cheaper. Not ALL of them are cheaper yet, but it's probably better just to buy in the MP for a sure thing. There is a list here of all the items. The item was basically a way to get a lot of gold out of the system. Many people were buying them up to see what all the new items were and that initial craze sunk a ton of gold. People are hoping they'll do it every month so it'll keep happening and bring the prices down on items. Though after the month is over it'll be taken out, so at least some of the items will gain in value once it's gone. Either way, if you don't have extra gold I wouldn't do it. xD

User Image User Image

Well, it could be a bit exciting when you're trying to get your team up to level 100, but after that... I dunno, I just find it boring and I can't change my team. Because every time I do so, I just end up missing my original team and reverting back to them.
      True. But to be honest I never really did that much research on Lilligant. I just evolved the Petilil I had and winged it from there rofl

No, I didn't think that as well. Moga and HoC I can understand being completely removed, but zOMG... it's like an integral part of Gaia. Like, when you first enter here, it's one of the very first things that you'll hear about. Gaia without zOMG would be like... a human without hair. It's just that weird rofl
      Well, that's what a business is all about. As one of my professors used to say, "It's not a charitable institution. You aim to earn money from it... and your competitor's eating all your share of the pie".

I know what you mean. I also have a niece like that. Well, she is nice and sweet in some ways, but she gets to you. Like, okay enough sweetness already.

Oh dear no, that would be like World War III or something. And it would definitely make into the newspaper's headlines. "Bride goes berserk in her own wedding" xD

Wow, after what you've shown me... yeah, thank goodness I didn't buy it. Although, I almost did mind you. Well, it's a very good way of getting someone's attention. Everyone would be curious as to what they could be releasing that it has to be such a suspense. Plus, with that kind of amount, people would think that the items would be really valuable or cool or they could later on sell it for a higher price. So I do think that a lot of people would be enticed to sink their gold in it.
      But if they take out the items in the end, wouldn't it bring back the old problem of increasing the prices? I mean, if only x number of items are in the market and there's going to be a high demand for it, it would inflate the price again... and we're back to where we started, right?

User ImageUser Image

PostPosted: Sun Sep 08, 2013 12:54 am
Louisa Iris

I don't have as much of an attachment to my Pokemon, so I have no qualms about resetting my game and just saving the ones I really like by putting them on my husband's version. xD But I didn't really want to do that with Unova. I kind of just went "meh" on it lol.
I think Lilligant is one of the more better Grass-types. xD Like I think you'd have to be really bad to ******** it up.

Though don't say that around people who don't have any hair, since they exist. XDD
Yup! That's exactly how it is. It's an dog eat dog world out there.

It really sucks when a kid gets to you like that. Like they don't always mean it but sometimes it's like omg stop.

Oh jesus. xD That would probably be in the newspaper of the local paper at least lol.

I'm glad I got to you in time then, haha. But yeah, the initial hype is what brought people in. The items were new and recolors of things people have been wanting. It was cool way to introduce recolors while getting far more gold out of the system.
I think in this case these items wont inflate to ungodly prices like other things. While cash might be available to everyone, it doesn't mean they can always use it, so cash items will always be much higher in price. But with gold, it's virtually obtainable and usable for everyone, so there will be much more of these items from the grab bag put into the system than cash things. Plus Gaia will more than likely bring the items back eventually and these items wont be required in alchemy, so they wont get eaten up by that either like some cash items are.

Yokies

Crew

King Bear

64,350 Points
  • The Bears Are In 500
  • Couple of Time 500

jiniistrawberii
Crew

Feral Fatcat

PostPosted: Fri Sep 13, 2013 8:47 pm
Yokies

I don't have as much of an attachment to my Pokemon, so I have no qualms about resetting my game and just saving the ones I really like by putting them on my husband's version. xD But I didn't really want to do that with Unova. I kind of just went "meh" on it lol.
I think Lilligant is one of the more better Grass-types. xD Like I think you'd have to be really bad to ******** it up.

Though don't say that around people who don't have any hair, since they exist. XDD
Yup! That's exactly how it is. It's an dog eat dog world out there.

It really sucks when a kid gets to you like that. Like they don't always mean it but sometimes it's like omg stop.

Oh jesus. xD That would probably be in the newspaper of the local paper at least lol.

I'm glad I got to you in time then, haha. But yeah, the initial hype is what brought people in. The items were new and recolors of things people have been wanting. It was cool way to introduce recolors while getting far more gold out of the system.
I think in this case these items wont inflate to ungodly prices like other things. While cash might be available to everyone, it doesn't mean they can always use it, so cash items will always be much higher in price. But with gold, it's virtually obtainable and usable for everyone, so there will be much more of these items from the grab bag put into the system than cash things. Plus Gaia will more than likely bring the items back eventually and these items wont be required in alchemy, so they wont get eaten up by that either like some cash items are.

User Image User Image

I love Unova so much, that's why I can't easily let go of my babies there. All of them are at level 100~! I was showing them off to my colleague at work the other day, and I was like a proud momma xD

Oh shoot, bad example rofl but at least you get how it works rofl

It's actually quite sad when you stop to think about it. She's my sister-in-law's child from her first boyfriend, so she's not really our kin or anything. And I get the feeling that she's trying to get out attention by acting the way she's acting right now. I don't really know how she could tell that she's different because she was still a baby when she joined our family, but that's how I see things.

I was kind of hoping that they would give out cooler items, kind of like premium items or something. I'm not saying recolors aren't cool or anything, but I just don't see much use for them. I mean, a hat's a hat no matter what you want to do with it. Whereas premium items could become hats, tops, accessories, etc. Well, I guess that's why they're called premium items... they don't come cheap as well sweatdrop
      That makes sense. And I don't see people clamoring over some of those items the way they do when it comes for, let's say, a pair of Wings.
      Honestly, I myself don't know what I'm searching for when it comes to ordinary gold items. I guess I've always wanted the expensive ones here because they are prettier than the others.

User ImageUser Image

PostPosted: Fri Sep 13, 2013 9:29 pm
Louisa Iris

I can just imagine you telling stories about all of them and everything you went though. xD

Yeah I understand. XD;

She might just realize she's not really related by blood, or maybe your sister-in-law just happened to tell her and no one knows she did. She might feel like no matter what she does she wont really get the same attention so she'll just act any which way she can to get it.

It would have been nicer to get more new items out of it other than just the dog. Recolors are nice and everything, but I wanted more than just a new dog to look forward to. xD But yeah, they actually have set things that are meant to be premium and not gold items. Like really long hair, the kind that is close to or touches the ground is strictly premium and never to be made a gold shop thing. I mean I get why they do that kind of thing, but it does kind of make you sad sometimes that some things will never be put in the gold shop because it's the money making poses and they need to preserve them for premium. It's just a good thing that Cash Items are at least available in the MP.

There is one site in particular, Neopets, that wont let you sell your cash purchases. Once you have them, that's it. The only thing you can do is gift them to people. I guess technically someone can send you a gift in return for the item, but there is no way you can sell their cash items for Neopoints. Neopets has it set up that way so most people feel pretty much forced to pay for the Cash Items because really the only other way to get them is to trust someone will "gift trade" with you or just gift you it in general. And even then, I don't know if the gift trade thing is even against the rules or not, I haven't dealt with their cash stuff first hand. Just what my friend gave me. XD;

But yeah, all that aside, Gaia does technically make their premium items prettier. That's a given and no one can deny that, but of course there is a point to it. If they cost real money, they want people to have their money's worth. It wouldn't feel too great to pay real money for a premium item when there is one similar and of nearly the same quality in the gold shop for technically "free". They have to have a noticeable gap so the people who purchase the cash items feel that what they paid for is worth the money.

Yokies

Crew

King Bear

64,350 Points
  • The Bears Are In 500
  • Couple of Time 500

Clasela
Crew

PostPosted: Sat Sep 14, 2013 5:11 pm

Hey Yokies and Louisa~ It's been a while since I've talked to you both! How have your lives been?

PostPosted: Sat Sep 14, 2013 9:18 pm
Clasela

Hello Clasela. emotion_kirakira Yeah, it's been quite a while~ You're a forum assistant now. O: That's cool~
My life has been alright. Doing a lot of moving and it's a bit stressful, but I'm getting through it!
How about you? How is your life? c:

Yokies

Crew

King Bear

64,350 Points
  • The Bears Are In 500
  • Couple of Time 500

jiniistrawberii
Crew

Feral Fatcat

PostPosted: Sun Sep 15, 2013 3:50 am
Clasela

Hey Yokies and Louisa~ It's been a while since I've talked to you both! How have your lives been?

User Image User Image

Ohai~! heart
      Yes it has been a while... partly my fault as well. I'm rarely online anymore.

I'm doing good. Just settling down still in my new job, even if it's already been 3 months since I started in it.
      How about you, how have you been doing? I see you're a forum assistant now eh. Which forum is it? How does it feel like to be one?

User ImageUser Image

PostPosted: Sun Sep 15, 2013 4:43 am
Yokies

I can just imagine you telling stories about all of them and everything you went though. xD

Yeah I understand. XD;

She might just realize she's not really related by blood, or maybe your sister-in-law just happened to tell her and no one knows she did. She might feel like no matter what she does she wont really get the same attention so she'll just act any which way she can to get it.

It would have been nicer to get more new items out of it other than just the dog. Recolors are nice and everything, but I wanted more than just a new dog to look forward to. xD But yeah, they actually have set things that are meant to be premium and not gold items. Like really long hair, the kind that is close to or touches the ground is strictly premium and never to be made a gold shop thing. I mean I get why they do that kind of thing, but it does kind of make you sad sometimes that some things will never be put in the gold shop because it's the money making poses and they need to preserve them for premium. It's just a good thing that Cash Items are at least available in the MP.

There is one site in particular, Neopets, that wont let you sell your cash purchases. Once you have them, that's it. The only thing you can do is gift them to people. I guess technically someone can send you a gift in return for the item, but there is no way you can sell their cash items for Neopoints. Neopets has it set up that way so most people feel pretty much forced to pay for the Cash Items because really the only other way to get them is to trust someone will "gift trade" with you or just gift you it in general. And even then, I don't know if the gift trade thing is even against the rules or not, I haven't dealt with their cash stuff first hand. Just what my friend gave me. XD;

But yeah, all that aside, Gaia does technically make their premium items prettier. That's a given and no one can deny that, but of course there is a point to it. If they cost real money, they want people to have their money's worth. It wouldn't feel too great to pay real money for a premium item when there is one similar and of nearly the same quality in the gold shop for technically "free". They have to have a noticeable gap so the people who purchase the cash items feel that what they paid for is worth the money.

User Image User Image

Oh you bet. I was proud of how strong my team is. I just wish I could try mine out with someone else, just to see how I would fair against real life battles and not just those in the system.

No, they haven't told her her real parentage. Yeah, I do agree with you that there's this feeling in her that tells her she's definitely different from the rest of us. She's really nice, in all fairness. But she could just be too much at times, you could be a little exasperated with her.

I've never really tried Neopets. I created an account there, but I stopped playing when they said that the sites full of viruses, so I never really got the chance to explore it.
      Well, I would definitely say that we have better off than them. I mean, at least we can get to sell our items in the MP if ever we grow tired of them. In the end, we still "earn" something from the money we spent on it. Gifting could be a tricky thing, you just don't know if you'll be receiving something that's almost equal to the one you gave. I know it's not supposed to be that way, but in that system, well you can't help but expect it to be that way. Get it?

True, the dog was a bit of a let down. I was more excited about the recolors than the dog, truth be told :p And true, it wouldn't make much of a reason to spend real money on something you can't really use in real life if it's not something unique or anything. I guess I just never got the reason why they had to sell items such as a bathroom soap or scrub. I mean, I rarely see people use them in their avis... So why not sell something with a little more value than that? I mean, it doesn't have to be as grand as the premium items, but something much more valuable than a bathroom scrub. Kind of like when it comes to phones. Apple is definitely premium... but you can find other satisfactory phones out there that are cheaper yet... usable enough. Get what I mean? (Sorry, can't think of a better example right now sweatdrop )

User ImageUser Image

jiniistrawberii
Crew

Feral Fatcat

Yokies

Crew

King Bear

64,350 Points
  • The Bears Are In 500
  • Couple of Time 500
PostPosted: Sun Sep 15, 2013 2:48 pm
Louisa Iris

Yeah it would be nice to test out your team against other live people and not the computer in the game.

Maybe it's just one of those things that someone just knows. She's young, but it's still possible. I guess what she really needs to do is just learn to tone it down. There are always going to be times when a kid acts bratty but they can learn to cool it down a bit.

I was into Neopets ever since I was younger. I started when I was 12. xD I always used adblock so I never saw anything that would hold a virus, but I've just fallen out of it.
Yeah. No matter what, we can always get something out of the money we've spent eventually. On Neopets it's just kind of.. nope. And I do believe they wont do anything about it if you get scammed as well because you're technically not supposed to trade those items. I don't know that for a fact but if you send an item over expecting something and you don't get it, there is a big chance there is nothing you can do.

I just thought they could have put maybe three new items in there to balance it out. One new item and it happens to be a pet that not everyone is into, it kind of sucks. Though I get that, not many people use those kinds of items, at least not anymore. People use to use them all the time just to add same shades of color to an avatar, but nowadays we have so many more options and people are making more avatars that make sense rather than it all just being items of the same color. And that's a good example, I get what you mean. They did come out with some pretty tops and skirts a couple of months ago, but we do need more versatile things. The school update was okay, but it didn't garner enough purchases to make it worth while. It was a let down pretty much across the board for most people.

It's A Girl Thing!

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 49 50 51 52 53 54 ... 85 86 87 88 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games