Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Back to Guilds

A Dungeons & Dragons Roleplaying Guild - We have many active games, join requests are checked often, and everyone is accepted. 

Tags: Dungeons, Dragons, Roleplaying, Dungeons and Dragons 

Reply [L5R 4e] Unity
L5R - Unity - Chapter 1 - Winter Solstice Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 49 50 51 52 53 54 ... 81 82 83 84 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

PostPosted: Sat Jul 30, 2016 10:30 pm
@ Naohiko:

How will you locate which vessel she used?  
Plainsfox rolled 8 10-sided dice: 6, 7, 8, 2, 5, 4, 5, 7 Total: 44 (8-80)
PostPosted: Sat Jul 30, 2016 11:18 pm
By asking politely!

OOC:
Awareness/Etiquette 5k3 w/ 3 dice to handle explosions
Calling 1 raise to ensure his demeanor is calm and unruffled and that he is asking more out of curiosity than worry.
Results: 21-5 (For Raise)  

Plainsfox

Romantic Paladin

10,600 Points
  • Battle Hardened 150
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Bunny Hunter 100

Paidi tou Selini
Crew

Adorable Abductee

PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2016 10:09 pm
She felt that ominous chill even before she heard the voice. It was good. Not perfect, but certainly presentable. Which means she should have anticipated what was to come next. Instead she was amidst struggling desperately to compose herself, fists balling hard at her sides, when the awful scene unfolded before her. It was probably some kind of miracle that the sad, pathetic woman wasn't covered in cuts by the time Kaichiyo opened her eyes again and regained her composure. But that little phrase echoed in her head. What would grandfather do? It was honorable to ignore a personal sleight and indecent behavior, and her hosts had specifically requested no duels over non-serious issues. No, grandfather would have played it off. Maybe even made a poem about it later. It was just a court competition, and she had more supplies.

"Mm mm mm." she hummed melodically by simple compulsion. "Well it's not so bad. I was getting hungry anyway, and certainly don't mind a specialty cumin. Kind of an amateur move to suggest it should go on sashimi, though. Are you sure you're cut out for a cooking competition? I'd be happy to teach you proper gastronomic combinations if you'd like~ Well I'm sure this competition is a fun new learning experience for you either way. Itadakimasu!"

And with that she blew off the excess cumin, pulled out her chopsticks, and began to eat, humming a pleasant little tune between little moans. Even with the cumin it really was exceptional. Not presentation material, but she would be savoring this for the whole hour. There was still plenty of time left so a break really would do her good, and would give time for Satoko to get bored and go away.  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 06, 2016 11:11 pm
@ Smithing:

"I see," the Crane woman would say. She would seem a bit put-off, but you think it's moreso due to your general departure, rather than you dining-and-dashing.

You are able to otherwise vacate the area and have Setsuna do his business.

Gendo, it will take not that much time to eat on the run and walk your dog. You can still get back and benefit from a smithing roll this hour, so if you want to get some more work done, feel free to give me a roll.

--------------------

@ Naohiko:

Naohiko, you'd do a good job with your poker face. You begin asking around, and a ship docked around the time period you ask about.

Heading over to the kobune in question, you don't see any of the crew on deck, as it's currently docked and secured with rope. There are some eta hanging around, looking like they're about to clean up some blood on the stone docks. They seem less-than-thrilled to be out here in this cold weather, especially since the sun's about to set, but are otherwise reserved.

--------------------

@ Cooking:

Satoko would chuckle and shake her head. "Well, it was an accident, like I said. Kudos to you for making the best of a bad situation, but I hadn't realized you were simply here to make yourself dinner. If you had only asked, you could have just had the Crane to make you a particular dish. Then again..."

Satoko would pause, looking thoughtful, placing one hand beneath her chin as she looked slightly upwards. "If I were full of hot air, I would try to keep it from as many people as possible too."

Laughing, she would wave dismissively at you before you had a chance to respond - unless you really wanted to force the issue by calling out and/or following her - before returning to her own area.

Kaichiyo, are you really going to spend the entire hour eating?  

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

Plainsfox

Romantic Paladin

10,600 Points
  • Battle Hardened 150
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Bunny Hunter 100
PostPosted: Sun Aug 07, 2016 12:35 am
Naohiko groaned as he examined the situation. If Kaichiyo were hurt, they would've brought her back to the castle. If she were unhurt, she probably went back to the castle on her own. Damn impulses. At least he could still figure out whether or not Chiyo-chan was hurt or not. "You there. Do you know if a girl dressed like me, so high and of an athletic build was on this boat?" Upon receiving his answer he would either leave them to their work if they hadn't seen her or ask a follow up question if they had. "Do you know if she was healthy or hurt?" He would thank them for whatever answer and then head back to the castle.  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 07, 2016 1:46 am
@ Naohiko:

"I, uh, I don't know, Samurai. I mean! Uh, samurai-san. I mean! Uh, samurai-sama! Please don't kill me..." the closest eta would respond.

"W-w-we just... w-w-were t-told t-t-to come d-down here a-and c-c... c-c... clean up," another would stutter, which seemed to be more due to a speech impediment than simple nervousness.

They don't seem to have the answers you seek. The best course of action for you seems to be to cut them down for their insolence follow your gut and return to the castle.  

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

Paidi tou Selini rolled 10 10-sided dice: 9, 5, 5, 6, 2, 5, 6, 3, 6, 2 Total: 49 (10-100)

Paidi tou Selini
Crew

Adorable Abductee

PostPosted: Sun Aug 07, 2016 9:03 pm
So both offering the cumin and spilling it was an accident huh? And hot air? This woman... was inflicted with madness, wasn't she? Did she even understand what she was saying? Kaichiyo could only stand there with a look of confused pity on her face. Really there was nothing to say. She could only hope that her fighting was as bad as her logic. Thankfully the madwoman left soon thereafter, allowing her to get back to her food.

She did indeed change her mind, deciding she could munch and cook at the same time. There were still mackerels to cook. She could do better than sashimi. It was time for a bit of island flavor! She didn't need fugu to give Kioko a taste of Megumi Tenpi (though she would still do fugu later). For now there were a few steps to get on with. First and foremost was to hunt down a servant and have him/her go fetch her cooking supplies from her room. She would need some ingredients that the Crane simply would not have available, like olive oil, chili peppers, and delightful tropical limes. While he/she went off to do that, she had a fish to gut and clean, and a fire to start and kindle into white embers.

When the supplies arrived she went about making the sauce. Dicing up the chili pepper, a clove of garlic, and a fresh knob of ginger; zesting and juicing two of her limes; and finally mixing it all in honey, sesame oil, and her own special island fish sauce. With that complete, she had only to score the fish, coat it in the olive oil, grill it up in a nice slightly smokey BBQ, and finally plate it and coat it in the sauce. A simple masterpiece if ever there was one. If the dice... would just... agree...

[Intelligence/Craft: Cooking w/1 void point for +1k1, 6k4 vs. TN 25 = 25]  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 07, 2016 11:03 pm
The Kraken decided that once he hit the castle, he would gamble on the fact that the Fortunes favored fools and headed towards wherever the cooking contestants are. At least this way, he'd get fed somehow.  

Plainsfox

Romantic Paladin

10,600 Points
  • Battle Hardened 150
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Bunny Hunter 100
Raganui Minamoto rolled 8 10-sided dice: 3, 7, 4, 8, 5, 3, 2, 7 Total: 39 (8-80)

Raganui Minamoto

Distinct Prophet

PostPosted: Mon Aug 08, 2016 8:35 am
After getting Setsuna fed, walked, and his business taken care of, Gendo would return to the forge. He wouldn't say anything, just return to his Jitte.

@Smithing:

Gendo would call his assistant over after his meal, focusing intently on the next part. He could make this better. Instead of just a standard jitte, one that looked better and the fit in the hand done well. White and blue cords, carefully placed, with a small opening to carefully carve a Crane into.

Weaponsmithing/Int - 5k3+1k1+2 Void Point - Hour 7 of 10
TN 25 - 2 Raise Called: 26  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 08, 2016 9:25 pm
Projects
Brewing Group:
Ikoma Ryobe (4 hours, TN 15), 3 successes 3 raises 4 hours

Cooking Group:
Himura Kaichiyo
Doji Sawao (2 hours, TN 15), 1 success, 2 raises, 1 hour
Yoritomo Satoko (1 hour, TN 15), 1 success 0 raises 1 hour, Project Complete
Shosuro Kazu (2 hours, TN 20), 1 success 1-1 raise 1 hour

Fishing Group:
Himura Kaichiyo (3 hours'ish TN 15) 2 successes 0 raises 3 hours, Project Completed
Tamori Aritomo - Failed
Yoritomo Kiyonobu - Failed

Gamemaking Group:
Doji Ryoichi (6 hours, TN 15), 6 successes 4 raises 6 hours, Project Completed

Gardening Group:
Shosuro Hyobe (3 hours, TN 10), 3 success 4 raises 3 hours, Project Completed

Instrument Making Group:
Agasha Mai (4 hours, TN 15), 3 successes 2 raises 4 hours, Project Completed

Mask Making Group:
Bayushi Kojiro & Bayushi Masuyo (6 hours, TN 15), 6 successes 6 raises 6 hours, Project Completed

Papermaking Group:
Himura Naohiko & Shosuro Kyouya (2 hours/5 sheets, TN 15) 2 successes 0 raises 2 hours, Project Completed

Pottery Group:
Togashi Yoshike (2 hours, TN 15), RAGEQUIT
Kitsune Ippei (2 hours, TN 15), unable to compete.

Smithing Group:
Himura Gendo (10 hours, TN 15), 7 successes 3 raises 7 hours
Hiruma Shigemasa (10 hours (showpiece), TN 20), 5 successes 0 raises 7 hours
Kakita Otsu (33 hours (showpiece), TN 25), 6 success 0 raises 7 hours
Yoritomo Katsue (10 hours (showpiece), TN 20), 2 success, 0 raises, 6 hours, Conceded
Moto Guntomar (42 hours, showpiece), TN 30)
, 1 successes 0 raises 6 hours, Conceded.

Stonecarving Group:
Kaiu Taniko (17 hours, TN 20), 6 successes, 5-4 raises, 7+4 hours
Isawa Kasuga (6 hours, TN 15), 3 successes 0 raises 5 hours

Tailoring Group:
Ikoma Tadao (4 hours, TN 15), 3 successes 0 raises 4 hours, Project Complete

Toku Seiichi Group:
Toku Seiichi (Toku hours, TN Seiichi), 3 successes 0 raises 7 hours, Project Complete???

Toy Making Group:
Morito Denbe (1 hour, TN 10), 1 success 3 raises 1 hour, Project Completed

Woodcarving Group:
Yogo Bakin (6 hours, TN 15) 4 successes 3-1 raises 5+1 hours, Project Complete

--------------------

Hour 7

@ Cooking:

Kaichiyo, cooking the first dish and then eating it will take up the span of 'hour 7'. I'll wait until Hour 8 to resolve your latest roll. As for the other cooks...

Doji Sawao was definitely going for a quantity tactic, as the portions she and her crew were preparing seemed... generous. If she were truly making a meal for one, or even a sampling, she might be done already. Her aides were doing a lot of the menial tasks: Chopping, dicing, straining, that sort of thing. Sawao wouldn't just be telling them what to do, however; she would start any step herself, and only have an aide continue for her exactly as she showed them how she wanted it done. For all extents and purposes, they did seem to be figurative extensions of herself.

Shosuro Kazu was much more modest in his dish, even moreso than what you were attempting, Kaichiyo. He focused entirely on the fugu itself, and took a lot of time to make sure he was very exact and precise in how he cut it. Having prepared fugu yourself, you find this completely within reason. It wasn't until the close of the hour when he actually took steps to start actually cooking it... though he did seem quite annoyed at yourself and Satoko during your little exchange.

Kyouya, you aren't sure what Kazu did with what you presume are the deadly parts of the fugu fish. He must have disposed of them at some point, but you didn't see how or when. He probably disposed of them, anyways.

After Satoko's little debacle, she would return to her station. She seemed to be making something... unorthodox. Something in a large pot. Soup, maybe? It smelled good enough, when you would get a good waft of it. She had been following a written-down recipe, but she seemed pleased with how it turned out. She finished before any of you (mainly due to your impromptu snack), so she would keep her dish at a simmer.

"I say we get Kioko-san in here to judge now," she would blurt out after a few minutes of apparently being bored.

"No," Sawao would respond flatly to her.

"But why not? I'm done. Kraken-chan would have been done too if she didn't get a case of the munchies. Not my fault though that you three are taking too long."

"Some of us take pride in our work, and aren't satisfied with whatever haphazard concoction you whipped up over there," Sawao would respond scoldingly, distracted as she seemed to be carefully measuring an oil for her meal.

"Well, what the jigoku am I supposed to do? Just stand here and wait?" Satoko would wave her arms to her sides as she said this, annoyance in her voice.

"I'm not your daimyo. I'm not going to tell you what you can or can't do," Sawao retorted.

Kaichiyo, you're just now beginning your latest dish as this exchange happens.

Kyouya, you can continue to stand there and watch - you aren't alone, but the other samurai observing are not noteworthy - but you're watching people prepare food and you're probably getting hungry yourself.

--------------------

@ Naohiko:

Huff... huff... huff... that's a lot of running. The sun has fallen pretty low, and it's pretty much nighttime by the time you get back to the castle.

All this running around in a panic likely has you famished. You should have dinner soon!

Where did Kyouya disappear to, anyways?

--------------------

@ Smithing:

When you get back, everyone else has finished up their meals, and are returning to their projects. The little you took with you is better than nothing, but it hardly constitutes a full meal. They didn't leave any extra for you, it seems, so what you did manage to eat will have to do.

The Unicorn does seem to leave after the meal is complete. As time passes, you don't see him again. The Mantis seems to be upset at her mental roadblock, as well. "To Jigoku with this... it just isn't my night." Seemingly resigned, she walks off, leaving her project incomplete where she was working on it.

The Crane and Crab, however, do progress without a hitch. Ryoji is able to get you the materials you need to personalize the jitte you're making, and is able to whip up a good mock-up design of a crane for you to carve if you want to use his design.  

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

Plainsfox

Romantic Paladin

10,600 Points
  • Battle Hardened 150
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Bunny Hunter 100
PostPosted: Mon Aug 08, 2016 9:40 pm
Naohiko had figured that the Scorpion woman had more sense than him and probably met with Chiyo-chan while he was out chasing his tail. All he wanted to do right now was report in to the Princess and describe the shugenja's vision to her. He was especially fearful with night falling. Whatever dire news it may portend might becoming true just as he was walking towards her.  
Raganui Minamoto rolled 7 10-sided dice: 4, 9, 5, 4, 9, 7, 4 Total: 42 (7-70)
PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2016 4:54 pm
@ Smithing:

Gendo would nod to Ryoji, carefully using his design for the marking on the handle. It was down to the final stretch, polishing, carefully chiseling in designs, and the most important part, a shirogashi holder for it.

Weaponsmithing/Int - 5k3+2 - Hour 8 of 10
TN 20 - 1 Raise Called: 25  

Raganui Minamoto

Distinct Prophet

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2016 7:58 pm
Projects
Brewing Group:
Ikoma Ryobe (4 hours, TN 15), 3 successes 3 raises 4 hours, Project Complete

Cooking Group:
Himura Kaichiyo (1 hour, TN 25), 1 success 0 raises 1 hour, Project Complete
Doji Sawao (2 hours, TN 15), 2 success, 3 raises, 2 hours, Project Complete
Yoritomo Satoko (1 hour, TN 15), 1 success 0 raises 1 hour, Project Complete
Shosuro Kazu (2 hours, TN 20), 2 successes 2-1 raises 2 hours, Project Complete

Fishing Group:
Himura Kaichiyo (3 hours'ish TN 15) 2 successes 0 raises 3 hours, Project Completed
Tamori Aritomo - Failed
Yoritomo Kiyonobu - Failed

Gamemaking Group:
Doji Ryoichi (6 hours, TN 15), 6 successes 4 raises 6 hours, Project Completed

Gardening Group:
Shosuro Hyobe (3 hours, TN 10), 3 success 4 raises 3 hours, Project Completed

Instrument Making Group:
Agasha Mai (4 hours, TN 15), 3 successes 2 raises 4 hours, Project Completed

Mask Making Group:
Bayushi Kojiro & Bayushi Masuyo (6 hours, TN 15), 6 successes 6 raises 6 hours, Project Completed

Papermaking Group:
Himura Naohiko & Shosuro Kyouya (2 hours/5 sheets, TN 15) 2 successes 0 raises 2 hours, Project Completed

Pottery Group:
Togashi Yoshike (2 hours, TN 15), RAGEQUIT
Kitsune Ippei (2 hours, TN 15), unable to compete.

Smithing Group:
Himura Gendo (10 hours, TN 15), 8 successes 4 raises 8 hours
Hiruma Shigemasa (10 hours (showpiece), TN 20), 6 successes 0 raises 8 hours
Kakita Otsu (33 hours (showpiece), TN 25), 6 success 0 raises 8 hours
Yoritomo Katsue (10 hours (showpiece), TN 20), 2 success, 0 raises, 6 hours, Conceded
Moto Guntomar (42 hours, showpiece), TN 30)
, 1 successes 0 raises 6 hours, Conceded.

Stonecarving Group:
Kaiu Taniko (17 hours, TN 20), 6 successes, 5-4 raises, 8+4 hours
Isawa Kasuga (6 hours, TN 15), 4 successes 0 raises 6 hours, Project Complete

Tailoring Group:
Ikoma Tadao (4 hours, TN 15), 3 successes 0 raises 4 hours, Project Complete

Toku Seiichi Group:
Toku Seiichi (Toku hours, TN Seiichi), 3 successes 0 raises 7 hours, Project Complete???

Toy Making Group:
Morito Denbe (1 hour, TN 10), 1 success 3 raises 1 hour, Project Completed

Woodcarving Group:
Yogo Bakin (6 hours, TN 15) 4 successes 3-1 raises 5+1 hours, Project Complete

--------------------

HOUR 8

@ Smithing:

The forge seems a bit emptier, with 2/5 of the competition gone. The Hiruma makes great strides in working on his bow, while the Kakita seems slow to regain her momentum, perhaps dwelling too long on her need for an emphasis.

Your own project is coming along nicely, as the weapon - a proper weapon, at that - is definitely within reach of it's completion, taking on its final appearance save for some final touchwork that's rapidly approaching.

--------------------

@ Naohiko:

Night has properly fell.

Though not long after you enter the castle, perhaps in your haste, perhaps due to being lost in thought, you almost bump into a servant girl. She was carrying some odds-and-ends with both arms, and was able to avert a collision with you.

"Oh! Samurai-sama! I'm sorry! Oh, and dinner is being set out, I can show you the way if-"

She looks about a year or so younger than you, and fairly cute. She reddens slightly as she gives you a look of what you think is recognition, but she turns her head away. You too think you remember her, perhaps someone you've talked to since your arrival here, but you can't quite place it.

"I'm sorry for being a bother. It is my honor to aid any requests you may have, samurai-sama." She looked like she momentarily contemplated how to pull off a bow with her arms full, but she makes no such motion, save for a polite lowering of her head.

--------------------

@ Cooking:

Kaichiyo, you are preparing your meal, and are able to completely without incident... mostly. Satoko ends up sticking around and just hovers in her area, tossing and catching a kitchen knife with one hand while she watches, though she spends the most time fixated on you. Always tossing that knife...

Sawao seems to have a little spot of difficulty as one of her aides overflavored something by mistake, but she is able to clean it up in such a way that it seems intentional and part of the recipe. That aide is sent off. When complete, she does have a final multi-course meal prepared and ready to present.

Contrast to her grandiose display, Kazu's cooking style is very minimalistic. Everything is careful and exact, but he seems to be taking too long, that he is spending too much care.

But Kaichiyo, you turn around to tend to your meal, turn back, and he's done, and it's ready to be presented. How did...? Anyways, his is a simple fugu serving, far less food than anyone else's meal, but it does seem artistically spread across the plate. You're pretty sure your mother would be kind of jealous.

Oh, and you can go ahead and give me another one of those 2k2 Stamina rolls (un-voidable). You've also had a meal so it's only TN 10 now.

--------------------  
Raganui Minamoto rolled 7 10-sided dice: 10, 7, 2, 10, 5, 5, 10 Total: 49 (7-70)
PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2016 8:20 pm
@ Smithing

All that was left to do was the sheathe for it and final round of polishing. Not that a jitte needed a sheathe, exactly, but it'd look nice. Taking a nice hunk of shirogashi (white oak) and cutting it down to size, he'd briefly fire up a spare hunk of metal, slightly smaller than the jitte itself, and burn out an opening for it.

Weaponsmithing/Int - 5k3+2 - Hour 9 of 10
TN 20 - 1 Raise Called: 45  

Raganui Minamoto

Distinct Prophet

Plainsfox rolled 5 10-sided dice: 6, 4, 1, 6, 8 Total: 25 (5-50)

Plainsfox

Romantic Paladin

10,600 Points
  • Battle Hardened 150
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Bunny Hunter 100
PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2016 8:55 pm
@Castle Entrance

The young Kraken hoped to cover his surprise and anger as he nearly ran into the serving girl. The varying thoughts that occupied Naohiko's brain were preempted momentarily. It was a minor chore to keep his face impassive as he responded to the young woman. "I might take you up on that." Before Naohiko became too consumed with his reveries, he noticed the flash of recognition from the girl and that got him thinking on if he knew her or not. He hadn't really communicated to that many servants at Kyuden Doji and this girl would've stood out, wouldn't she? But for the moment....."Showing me to dinner would be nice. Thank you."

OOC: 3k3 Intelligence check for memory w/2 dice to handle explosions!
Results: 11  
[L5R 4e] Unity

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 49 50 51 52 53 54 ... 81 82 83 84 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games