Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Bible Guild

Back to Guilds

What if Jesus meant every word He said? 

Tags: God, Jesus, The Holy Spirit, The Bible, Truth, Love, Eternal Life, Salvation, Faith, Holy, Fellowship, Apologetics 

Reply The Bible
The Kings James Bible (1611) Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 49 50 51 52 53 54 ... 77 78 79 80 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Bible guild Mule
Captain

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2018 10:27 am
Jeremiah
Chapter 6
Viewing the original 1611 KJV

1 O yee children of Beniamin, gather your selues to flee out of the middest of Ierusalem, and blow the trumpet in Tekoa: and set vp a signe of fire in Beth-haccerem: for euill appeareth out of the North, and great destruction.

2 I haue likened the daughter of Zion to a comely and delicate woman.

3 The shepheards with their flocks shall come vnto her: they shall pitch their tents against her round about: they shall feede, euery one in his place.

4 Prepare yee warre against her: arise, and let vs goe vp at noone: woe vnto vs, for the day goeth away, for the shadowes of the euening are stretched out.

5 Arise, and let vs goe by night, and let vs destroy her palaces.

6 ¶ For thus hath the Lord of hostes said; Hew yee downe trees and cast a mount against Ierusalem: this is the citie to be visited, she is wholly oppression in the midst of her.

7 As a fountaine casteth out her waters, so she casteth out her wickednesse: violence and spoile is heard in her, before me continually is griefe and wounds.

8 Be thou instructed, O Ierusalem, lest my soule depart from thee: lest I make thee desolate, a lande not inhabited.

9 ¶ Thus saith the Lord of hosts, They shall throughly gleane the remnant of Israel as a vine: turne backe thine hand as a grape gatherer into the baskets.

10 To whome shall I speake and giue warning, that they may heare? Behold, their eare is vncircumcised, and they cannot hearken: beholde, the word of the Lord is vnto them a reproch: they haue no delight in it.

11 Therefore I am full of the furie of the Lord: I am weary with holding in: I will powre it out vpon the children abroad, and vpon the assembly of yong men together: for euen the husband with the wife shall be taken, the aged with him that is full of dayes.

12 And their houses shall be turned vnto others, with their fields and wiues together: for I wil stretch out my hand vpon the inhabitants of the land, saith the Lord.

13 For from the least of them euen vnto the greatest of them, euery one is giuen to couetousnesse, and from the prophet euen vnto the priest, euery one dealeth falsly.

14 They haue healed also the hurt of the daughter of my people sleightly, saying, Peace, peace, when there is no peace.

15 Were they ashamed when they had committed abomination? nay they were not at all ashamed, neither could they blush: therefore they shall fall among them that fall: at the time that I visit them, they shall bee cast downe, saith the Lord.

16 Thus saith the Lord, Stand ye in the wayes and see, and aske for the old paths, where is the good way, and walke therein, and ye shall finde rest for your soules: but they said, We will not walke therein.

17 Also I set watchmen ouer you, saying, Hearken to the sound of the trumpet: but they said, We wil not hearken.

18 ¶ Therefore heare ye nations, and know, O Congregation what is among them.

19 Heare, O earth, behold, I will bring euill vpon this people, euen the fruit of their thoughts, because they haue not hearkened vnto my wordes, nor to my law, but reiected it.

20 To what purpose cōmeth there to me incense from Sheba? and the sweet cane from a farre countrey? your burnt offerings are not acceptable, nor your sacrifices sweet vnto me.

21 Therefore thus saith the Lord, Behold, I will lay stumbling blockes before this people, and the fathers and the sons together shall fall vpon them: the neighbor and his friend shall perish.

22 Thus saith the Lord, Behold, a people commeth from the North countrey, and a great nation shall bee raised from the sides of the earth.

23 They shall lay hold on bowe and speare: they are cruell, and haue no mercie: their voice roareth like the Sea, and they ride vpon horses, set in aray as men for warre against thee, O daughter of Zion.

24 We haue heard the fame thereof, our hands waxe feeble, anguish hath taken hold of vs, and paine as of a woman in trauaile.

25 Goe not forth into the field, nor walke by the way: for the sword of the enemie and feare is on euery side.

26 ¶ O daughter of my people, gird thee with sackcloth, and wallowe thy selfe in ashes: make thee mourning, as for an onely sonne, most bitter lamentation: for the spoiler shall suddenly come vpon vs.

27 I haue set thee for a towre, and a fortresse among my people: that thou mayest know and trie their way.

28 They are all grieuous reuolters, walking with slanders: they are brasse and yron, they are all corrupters.

29 The bellowes are burnt, the lead is consumed of the fire: the founder melteth in vaine: for the wicked are not plucked away.

30 Reprobate siluer shall men call them, because the Lord hath reiected them.  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2018 7:59 am
Jeremiah
Chapter 7

1 The word that came to Ieremiah from the Lord, saying,

2 Stand in the gate of the Lords house, and proclaime there this word, and say, Heare the word of the Lord, all ye of Iudah, that enter in at these gates to worship the Lord.

3 Thus saith the Lord of hostes the God of Israel; Amend your wayes, and your doings, and I will cause you to dwell in this place.

4 Trust ye not in lying words, saying, The Temple of the Lord, the Temple of the Lord, the Temple of the Lord are these.

5 For if ye throughly amend your waies and your doings, if you throughly execute iudgement betweene a man and his neighbour:

6 If ye oppresse not the stranger, the fatherlesse and the widow, and shed not innocent blood in this place, neither walke after other gods to your hurt:

7 Then will I cause you to dwell in this place, in the land that I gaue to your fathers, for euer and euer.

8 ¶ Behold, ye trust in lying words, that cannot profit.

9 Will ye steale, murther, and commit adulterie, and sweare falsly, and burne incense vnto Baal, and walke after other gods, whom ye know not;

10 And come and stand before me in this house, which is called by my Name, and say, We are deliuered, to do all these abominations?

11 Is this house, which is called by my Name, become a denne of robbers in your eies? Behold, euen I haue seen it, saith the Lord.

12 But goe yee now vnto my place which was in Shiloh, where I set my Name at the first, and see what I did to it, for the wickednesse of my people Israel.

13 And now because ye haue done all these workes, saith the Lord, and I spake vnto you, rising vp earely, and speaking, but ye heard not; and I called you, but ye answered not:

14 Therefore will I doe vnto this house, which is called by my Name, wherein yee trust, and vnto the place which I gaue to you, and to your fathers, as I haue done to Shiloh.

15 And I will cast you out of my sight, as I haue cast out all your brethren, euen the whole seed of Ephraim.

16 Therefore pray not thou for this people, neither lift vp cry nor prayer for them, neither make intercession to me, for I will not heare thee.

17 ¶ Seest thou not what they doe in the cities of Iudah, and in the streets of Ierusalem?

18 The children gather wood, and the fathers kindle the fire, & the women knead their dough to make cakes to the Queene of heauen, and to powre out drinke offerings vnto other gods, that they may prouoke me to anger.

19 Doe they prouoke mee to anger, saith the Lord ? Doe they not prouoke themselues to the confusion of their owne faces?

20 Therefore thus saith the Lord God, Behold, mine anger and my furie shalbe powred out vpon this place, vpon man & vpon beast, and vpon the trees of the field, and vpon the fruit of the ground, and it shall burne, and shall not be quenched.

21 ¶ Thus saith the Lord of hosts the God of Israel, Put your burnt offrings vnto your sacrifices, & eate flesh.

22 For I spake not vnto your fathers, nor commanded them in the day that I brought them out of the land of Egypt, concerning burnt offerings or sacrifices.

23 But this thing commaunded I them, saying, Obey my voice, and I wil be your God, and ye shalbe my people: and walke ye in all the wayes that I haue commanded you, that it may be well vnto you.

24 But they hearkened not, nor inclined their eare, but walked in the counsels and in the imagination of their euill heart, and went backward, and not forward.

25 Since the day that your fathers came forth out of the land of Egypt vnto this day, I haue euen sent vnto you all my seruants the Prophets, daily rising vp early, and sending them.

26 Yet they hearkned not vnto me, nor inclined their eare, but hardened their neck, they did worse then their fathers.

27 Therefore thou shalt speake all these wordes vnto them, but they will not hearken to thee: thou shalt also call vnto them, but they will not answere thee.

28 But thou shalt say vnto them; This is a nation, that obeyeth not the voyce of the Lord their God, nor receiueth correction: trueth is perished, and is cut off from their mouth.

29 ¶ Cut off thine haire, O Ierusalem, and cast it away, and take vp a lamentation on high places, for the Lord hath reiected, and forsaken the generation of his wrath.

30 For the children of Iudah haue done euill in my sight, saith the Lord: they haue set their abominations in the house which is called by my Name, to pollute it.

31 And they haue built the high places of Tophet which is in the valley of the sonne of Hinnom, to burne their sonnes and their daughters in the fire, which I commanded them not, neither came it into my heart.

32 ¶ Therefore behold, the dayes come, saith the Lord, that it shall no more be called Tophet, nor the valley of the sonne of Hinnom, but the valley of slaughter: for they shall bury in Tophet, till there be no place.

33 And the carkeises of this people shall be meate for the fowles of the heauen, and for the beasts of the earth, and none shall fray them away.

34 Then will I cause to cease from the cities of Iudah, and from the streets of Ierusalem, the voice of mirth and the voice of gladnesse, the voice of the bridegroome, and the voice of the bride: for the land shall be desolate.  

Bible guild Mule
Captain

Bible guild Mule
Captain

PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2018 11:39 am
Jeremiah
Chapter 8

1 At that time, sayeth the Lord, they shall bring out the bones of the kings of Iudah, and the bones of his princes, and the bones of the Priests, and the bones of the Prophets, and the bones of the inhabitants of Ierusalem out of their graues.

2 And they shall spread them before the Sunne, and the Moone, and all the hoste of heauen whom they haue loued, and whom they haue serued, and after whom they haue walked, and whom they haue sought, and whom they haue worshipped: they shall not be gathered, nor be buried, they shall be for doung, vpon the face of the earth.

3 And death shall bee chosen rather then life, by all the residue of them that remaine of this euill family, which remaine in all the places whither I haue driuen them, saith the Lord of hosts.

4 ¶ Moreouer thou shalt say vnto them, Thus saith the Lord, Shall they fall, and not arise? shall hee turne away, and not returne?

5 Why then is this people of Ierusalem slidden backe, by a perpetual backesliding? they hold fast deceit, they refuse to returne.

6 I hearkened and heard, but they spake not aright: no man repented him of his wickednesse, saying, What haue I done? euery one turned to his course, as the horse rusheth into the battell.

7 Yea the Storke in the heauen knoweth her appointed times, and the turtle, and the crane, and the swallow obserue the time of their coming; but my people know not the iudgement of the Lord.

8 How doe ye say, We are wise, and the Law of the Lord is with vs? Loe, certainly, in vaine made he it, the pen of the scribes is in vaine.

9 The wise men are ashamed, they are dismayed and taken; loe, they haue reiected the word of the Lord, and what wisedome is in them?

10 Therfore will I giue their wiues vnto others, & their fields to them that shall inherite them: for euery one from the least euen vnto the greatest is giuen to couetousnes, from the Prophet euen vnto the priest, euery one dealeth falsly.

11 For they haue healed the hurt of the daughter of my people slightly, saying, Peace, peace, when there is no peace.

12 Were they ashamed when they had committed abomination? nay, they were not at all ashamed, neither could they blush: therefore shall they fall among them that fal, in the time of their visitation they shall be cast downe, saith the Lord.

13 ¶ I will surely consume them, saith the Lord; there shalbe no grapes on the vine, nor figges on the figtree, and the leafe shall fade, and the things that I haue giuen them, shall passe away from them.

14 Why doe wee sit still? assemble your selues, and let vs enter into the defenced cities, and let vs be silent there: for the Lord our God hath put vs to silence, and giuen vs waters of gall to drink, because we haue sinned against the Lord.

15 We looked for peace, but no good came: and for a time of health, and behold trouble.

16 The snorting of his horses was heard from Dan: the whole land trembled at the sound of the neighing of his strong ones, for they are come and haue deuoured the land, and all that is in it, the citie, and those that dwell therein.

17 For behold, I wil send serpents, cockatrices among you, which will not be charmed, and they shall bite you; saith the Lord.

18 ¶ When I would comfort my selfe against sorrow, my heart is faint in me.

19 Behold the voice of the crie of the daughter of my people because of them that dwel in a farre countrey: Is not the Lord in Zion? is not her king in her? why haue they prouoked me to anger with their grauen images, and with strange vanities?

20 The haruest is past, the summer is ended, and we are not saued.

21 For the hurt of the daughter of my people am I hurt, I am blacke: astonishment hath taken hold on me.

22 Is there no balme in Gilead? is there no physician there? why then is not the health of the daughter of my people recouered?  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 17, 2018 7:48 am
Jeremiah
Chapter 9

1 Oh that my head were waters, and mine eyes a fountaine of teares, that I might weepe day and night for the slaine of the daughter of my people.

2 Oh that I had in the wildernesse a lodging place of wayfaring men, that I might leaue my people, and goe from them: for they be all adulterers, an assembly of treacherous men.

3 And they bend their tongue like their bow for lies: but they are not valiant for the trueth vpon the earth: for they proceed from euil to euill, and they know not me, saith the Lord.

4 Take yee heede euery one of his neighbour, and trust yee not in any brother: for euery brother will vtterly supplant, and euery neighbour will walke with slanders.

5 And they will deceiue euery one his neighbour, and will not speake the trueth, they haue taught their tongue to speake lies, and weary themselues to commit iniquity.

6 Thine habitation is in the middest of deceit, through deceit they refuse to know me, sayth the Lord.

7 Therfore thus saith the Lord of hostes; Behold, I will melt them, and trie them: for how shall I doe for the daughter of my people?

8 Their tongue is as an arrowe shot out, it speaketh deceit: one speaketh peaceably to his neighbour with his mouth, but in heart he layeth his waite.

9 ¶ Shall I not visit them for these things, saith the Lord ? shall not my soule be auenged on such a nation as this?

10 For the mountaines will I take vp a weeping and wayling, and for the habitations of the wildernesse a lamentation, because they are burnt vp, so that none can passe through them, neither can men heare the voyce of the cattell, both the foule of the heauens, and the beast are fled, they are gone.

11 And I will make Ierusalem heapes, and a denne of dragons, and I wil make the cities of Iudah desolate, without an inhabitant.

12 ¶ Who is the wise man that may vnderstand this, and who is he to whom the mouth of the Lord hath spoken, that hee may declare it; for what the land perisheth, and is burnt vp like a wildernesse that none passeth through?

13 And the Lord saith; Because they haue forsaken my law, which I set before them, and haue not obeyed my voyce, neither walked therein;

14 But haue walked after the imagination of their owne heart, & after Baalim, which their fathers taught them:

15 Therefore thus saith the Lord of hosts, the God of Israel, Behold, I will feed them, euen this people with wormewood, and giue them water of gall to drinke.

16 I will scatter them also among the heathen, whome neither they nor their fathers haue knowen: and I wil send a sword after them, til I haue consumed them.

17 ¶ Thus saith the Lord of hosts, Consider yee, and call for the mourning women, that they may come, and send for cunning women, that they may come.

18 And let them make haste, and take vp a wailing for vs, that our eyes may run down with teares, and our eyelids gush out with waters.

19 For a voyce of wayling is heard out of Zion, How are we spoiled? wee are greatly confounded, because wee haue forsaken the land, because our dwellings haue cast vs out.

20 Yet heare the word of the Lord, O ye women, & let your eare receiue the word of his mouth, and teach your daughters wailing, and euery one her neighbour lamentation.

21 For death is come vp into our windowes, and is entred into our palaces, to cut off the children from without and the yong men from the streetes.

22 Speake, Thus saith the Lord, Euen the carkeises of men shall fall as dung vpon the open field, and as the handfull after the haruest man, and none shall gather them.

23 ¶ Thus saith the Lord, Let not the wise man glory in his wisdom, neither let the mighty man glory in his might, let not the rich man glory in his riches.

24 But let him that glorieth, glory in this, that hee vnderstandeth and knoweth me, that I am the Lord which exercise louing kindnesse, iudgement and righteousnesse in the earth: for in these things I delight, saith the Lord.

25 ¶ Behold, the dayes come, saith the Lord, that I will punish all them which are circumcised, with the vncircumcised,

26 Egypt, and Iudah, and Edom, and the children of Ammon, and Moab, and all that are in the vtmost corners, that dwell in the wildernesse: for all these nations are vncircumcised, and all the house of Israel are vncircumcised in the heart.  

Bible guild Mule
Captain

Bible guild Mule
Captain

PostPosted: Sun Feb 18, 2018 8:39 am
Jeremiah
Chapter 10

1 Heare ye the word which the Lord speaketh vnto you, O house of Israel.

2 Thus sayeth the Lord, Learne not the way of the heathen, and be not dismayed at the signes of heauen, for the heathen are dismayed at them.

3 For the customes of the people are vaine: for one cutteth a tree out of the forrest (the worke of the handes of the workeman) with the axe.

4 They decke it with siluer and with golde, they fasten it with nayles, and with hammers that it mooue not.

5 They are vpright as the palme tree, but speake not: they must needes bee borne, because they cannot goe: be not afraid of them, for they cannot doe euil, neither also is it in them to doe good.

6 Forasmuch as there is none like vnto thee, O Lord, thou art great, and thy Name is great in might.

7 Who would not feare thee, O King of nations? for to thee doeth it appertaine: forasmuch as among all the wise men of the nations, and in all their kingdomes, there is none like vnto thee.

8 But they are altogether brutish and foolish: the stocke is a doctrine of vanities.

9 Siluer spread into plates is brought from Tarshish, and gold from Uphaz, the worke of the workeman, and of the hands of the founder: blue and purple is their clothing: they are all the worke of cunning men.

10 But the Lord is the true God, he is the liuing God, and an euerlasting King: at his wrath the earth shal tremble, and the nations shall not be able to abide his indignation.

11 Thus shal ye say vnto them, The Gods that haue not made the heauens, & the earth, euen they shall perish from the earth, & from vnder these heauens.

12 Hee hath made the earth by his power, he hath established the world by his wisedome, and hath stretched out the heauens by his discretion.

13 When he vttereth his voice, there is a multitude of waters in the heauens, and hee causeth the vapours to ascend from the ends of the earth: hee maketh lightnings with raine, and bringeth forth the wind out of his treasures.

14 Euery man is brutish in his knowledge, euery founder is confounded by the grauen image: for his moulten image is falsehood, and there is no breath in them.

15 They are vanity, and the worke of errours: in the time of their visitation they shall perish.

16 The portion of Iacob is not like them: for he is the fourmer of all things, and Israel is the rod of his inheritance: the Lord of hostes is his Name.

17 ¶ Gather vp thy wares out of the land, O inhabitant of the fortresse.

18 For thus saith the Lord, Behold, I will sling out the inhabitants of the land at this once, and will distresse them, that they may find it so.

19 ¶ Woe is mee for my hurt, my wound is grieuous: but I sayd, Truely this is a griefe, and I must beare it.

20 My Tabernacle is spoyled, and all my cordes are broken: my children are gone foorth of me, and they are not: there is none to stretch foorth my tent any more, and to set vp my curtaines.

21 For the Pastours are become brutish, and haue not sought the Lord: therefore they shall not prosper, and all their flockes shall be scattered.

22 Behold, the noise of the bruit is come, and a great commotion out of the North countrey, to make the cities of Iudah desolate, and a denne of dragons.

23 ¶ O Lord, I know that the way of man is not in himselfe: it is not in man that walketh, to direct his steps.

24 O Lord, correct mee, but with iudgement, not in thine anger, lest thou bring me to nothing.

25 Powre out thy fury vpon the heathen that know thee not, and vpon the families that call not on thy Name: for they haue eaten vp Iacob, and deuoured him, and consumed him, and haue made his habitation desolate.  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2018 6:52 am
Jeremiah
Chapter 11

1 The word that came to Ieremiah from the Lord, saying,

2 Heare yee the words of this Couenant, and speake vnto the men of Iudah, and to the inhabitants of Ierusalem.

3 And say thou vnto them, Thus saith the Lord God of Israel, Cursed bee the man that obeyeth not the words of this Couenant,

4 Which I commaunded your fathers in the day that I brought them foorth out of the land of Egypt, from the yron furnace, saying, Obey my voyce, and doe them, according to all which I command you: so shall yee be my people, and I will be your God.

5 That I may performe the othe which I haue sworne vnto your fathers, to giue them a land flowing with milke and honie, as it is this day: then answered I, and said, So bee it, O Lord.

6 Then the Lord said vnto me, Proclaime all these wordes in the cities of Iudah, and in the streets of Ierusalem, saying, Heare ye the words of this Couenant, and doe them.

7 For I earnestly protested vnto your fathers, in the day that I brought them vp out of the land of Egypt, euen vnto this day, rising earely and protesting, saying, Obey my voice.

8 Yet they obeyed not, nor inclined their eare: but walked euery one in the imagination of their euill heart: therefore I will bring vpon them all the words of this Couenant, which I commaunded them to doe; but they did them not.

9 And the Lord said vnto me, A conspiracie is found among the men of Iudah, and among the inhabitants of Ierusalem.

10 They are turned backe to the iniquities of their forefathers, which refused to heare my wordes: and they went after other gods to serue them: the house of Israel, and the house of Iudah haue broken my Couenant, which I made with their fathers.

11 ¶ Therefore thus sayeth the Lord, Behold, I will bring euill vpon them which they shall not be able to escape; and though they shall crie vnto mee, I will not hearken vnto them.

12 Then shall the cities of Iudah, and inhabitants of Ierusalem goe, and crie vnto the gods vnto whom they offer incense; but they shall not saue them at all in the time of their trouble.

13 For according to the number of thy cities were thy gods, O Iudah, and according to the number of the streetes of Ierusalem haue ye set vp altars to that shamefull thing, euen altars to burne incense vnto Baal.

14 Therefore pray not thou for this people, neither lift vp a cry or prayer for them: for I will not heare them in the time that they crie vnto mee for their trouble.

15 What hath my beloued to doe in mine house, seeing shee hath wrought lewdnesse with many? and the holy flesh is passed from thee: when thou doest euill, then thou reioycest.

16 The Lord called thy name, A greene oliue tree, faire and of goodly fruite: with the noise of a great tumult hee hath kindled fire vpon it, and the branches of it are broken.

17 For the Lord of hostes that planted thee, hath pronounced euill against thee, for the euill of the house of Israel, and of the house of Iudah, which they haue done against themselues to prouoke mee to anger in offering incense vnto Baal.

18 ¶ And the Lord hath giuen mee knowledge of it, and I knowe it, then thou shewedst me their doings.

19 But I was like a lambe or an oxe that is brought to the slaughter, and I knew not that they had deuised deuices against me, saying; Let vs destroy the tree with the fruit thereof, and let vs cut him off from the land of the liuing, that his name may be no more remembred.

20 But, O Lord of hostes, that iudgest righteously, that tryest the reines, and the heart; let me see thy vengeance on them, for vnto thee haue I reuealed my cause.

21 Therefore thus saith the Lord of the men of Anathoth, that seeke thy life, saying; Prophecie not in the Name of the Lord, that thou die not by our hand:

22 Therefore thus saith the Lord of hosts, Behold, I wil punish them: the young men shall die by the sword, their sonnes and their daughters shall die by famine.

23 And there shall be no remnant of them, for I will bring euill vpon the men of Anathoth, euen the yere of their visitation.  

Bible guild Mule
Captain

Bible guild Mule
Captain

PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2018 10:12 am
Jeremiah
Chapter 12

1 Righteous art thou, O Lord, when I pleade with thee: yet let mee talke with thee of thy iudgements: Wherefore doeth the way of the wicked prosper? Wherefore are all they happie that deale very treacherously?

2 Thou hast planted them, yea they haue taken root: they grow, yea they bring foorth fruit, thou art neere in their mouth, and farre from their reines.

3 But thou, O Lord, knowest me; thou hast seene me, and tried mine heart towards thee: pull them out like sheep for the slaughter, and prepare them for the day of slaughter.

4 How long shall the land mourne, and the herbes of euery field wither, for the wickednesse of them that dwell therein? the beasts are consumed, and the birds, because they said; He shall not see our last end.

5 ¶ If thou hast runne with the footmen, and they haue wearied thee, then how canst thou contend with horses? And if in the land of peace, wherein thou trustedst, they wearied thee, then how wilt thou doe in the swelling of Iordan?

6 For euen thy brethren and the house of thy father, euen they haue dealt treacherously with thee, yea they haue called a multitude after thee; beleeue them not, though they speake faire words vnto thee.

7 ¶ I haue forsaken mine house: I haue left mine heritage: I haue giuen the dearely beloued of my soule into the hand of her enemies.

8 Mine heritage is vnto me as a lyon in the forrest: it cryeth out against me, therefore haue I hated it.

9 Mine heritage is vnto mee as a speckled bird, the birdes round about are against her; come yee, assemble all the beasts of the field, come to deuoure.

10 Many pastors haue destroyed my vineyard; they haue troden my portion vnder foote: they haue made my pleasant portion a desolate wildernesse.

11 They haue made it desolate, and being desolate it mourneth vnto me; the whole land is made desolate, because no man layeth it to heart.

12 The spoilers are come vpon all high places through the wildernesse: for the sword of the Lord shall deuoure from the one end of the land euen to the other end of the land: no flesh shall haue peace.

13 They haue sowen wheate, but shall reape thornes: they haue put themselues to paine, but shall not profit: and they shall be ashamed of your reuenues, because of the fierce anger of the Lord.

14 ¶ Thus saith the Lord against all mine euill neighbours, that touch the inheritance, which I haue caused my people Israel to inherit; Behold, I will plucke them out of their land, and plucke out the house of Iudah from among them.

15 And it shall come to passe after that I haue plucked them out, I will returne, and haue compassion on them, and will bring againe euery man to his heritage, and euery man to his land.

16 And it shall come to passe, if they will diligently learne the wayes of my people to sweare by my name (The Lord liueth, as they taught my people to sweare by Baal:.) then shall they be built in the middest of my people.

17 But if they will not obey, I will vtterly plucke vp, and destroy that nation, saith the Lord.  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2018 11:06 am
Jeremiah
Chapter 13

1 Thus saith the Lord vnto me; Goe and get thee a linen girdle, and put it vpon thy loynes, and put it not in water.

2 So I got a girdle, according to the word of the Lord, and put it on my loines.

3 And the word of the Lord came vnto me the second time, saying;

4 Take the girdle that thou hast got, which is vpon thy loines, and arise, goe to Euphrates, and hide it there in a hole of the rocke.

5 So I went and hid it by Euphrates, as the Lord commaunded mee.

6 And it came to passe after many daies, that the Lord saide vnto me; Arise, goe to Euphrates, and take the girdle from thence, which I commaunded thee to hide there.

7 Then I went to Euphrates and digged, and tooke the girdle from the place where I had hid it, and behold, the girdle was marred, it was profitable for nothing.

8 Then the word of the Lord came vnto me, saying;

9 Thus saith the Lord; After this maner will I marre the pride of Iudah, and the great pride of Ierusalem.

10 This euill people which refuse to heare my words, which walke in the imagination of their heart, and walke after other Gods to serue them and to worship them, shall euen be as this girdle, which is good for nothing.

11 For as the girdle cleaueth to the loines of a man: so haue I caused to cleaue vnto me the whole house of Israel, and the whole house of Iudah, saith the Lord; that they might bee vnto me for a people, and for a name, and for a praise, and for a glory: but they would not heare.

12 ¶ Therefore thou shalt speake vnto them this word; Thus saith the Lord God of Israel; Euerie botle shalbe filled with wine: and they shall say vnto thee; Doe we not certainly know, that euery botle shall be filled with wine?

13 Then shalt thou say vnto them; Thus saith the Lord; Behold, I will fill all the inhabitants of this land, euen the kings that sit vpon Dauids throne, and the priests and the prophets, and all the inhabitants of Ierusalem with drunkennesse.

14 And I will dash them one against another, euen the fathers and the sonnes together, saith the Lord: I wil not pitie nor spare, nor haue mercie, but destroy them.

15 ¶ Heare ye and giue eare, bee not proud: for the Lord hath spoken.

16 Giue glory to the Lord your God before he cause darknesse, and before your feet stumble vpon the darke mountaines, and while yee looke for light, he turne it into the shadowe of death, and make it grosse darkenesse.

17 But if ye will not heare it, my soule shall weepe in secret places for your pride, and mine eye shall weepe sore, and run downe with teares, because the Lords flocke is caried away captiue.

18 Say vnto the king, and to the queene, Humble your selues, sit downe, for your principalities shall come downe, euen the crowne of your glory.

19 The cities of the South shall bee shut vp, and none shall open them, Iudah shall be caried away captiue all of it, it shall bee wholly caried away captiue.

20 Lift vp your eyes, and beholde them that come from the North, where is the flocke that was giuen thee, thy beautifull flocke?

21 What wilt thou say when he shall punish thee (for thou hast taught them to be captaines and as chiefe ouer thee) shall not sorrowes take thee as a woman in trauaile?

22 ¶ And if thou say in thine heart, Wherefore come these things vpon me? for the greatnesse of thine iniquitie are thy skirts discouered, and thy heeles made bare.

23 Can the Ethiopian change his skinne? or the leopard his spots? then may ye also doe good, that are accustomed to doe euill.

24 Therefore will I scatter them as the stubble that passeth away by the winde of the wildernesse.

25 This is thy lot, the portion of thy measures from me, saith the Lord, because thou hast forgotten mee, and trusted in falshood.

26 Therefore will I discouer thy skirts vpon thy face, that thy shame may appeare.

27 I haue seene thine adulteries, and thy neighings, the lewdnesse of thy whordome, and thine abominations on the hils in the fields: woe vnto thee, O Ierusalem, wilt thou not bee made cleane? when shall it once be?  

Bible guild Mule
Captain

Bible guild Mule
Captain

PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2018 7:35 am
Jeremiah
Chapter 14

1 The word of the Lord that came to Ieremiah concerning the dearth.

2 Iudah mourneth, and the gates thereof languish, they are blacke vnto the ground, and the crie of Ierusalem is gone vp.

3 And their nobles haue sent their litle ones to the waters, they came to the pits and found no water, they returned with the vessels emptie: they were ashamed and confounded, and couered their heads.

4 Because the ground is chapt, for there was no raine in the earth, the plowmen were ashamed, they couered their heads.

5 Yea the hinde also calued in the field, and forsooke it, because there was no grasse.

6 And the wilde asses did stand in the hie places, they snuffed vp the winde like dragons: their eyes did faile because there was no grasse.

7 ¶ O Lord, though our iniquities testifie against vs, doe thou it for thy Names sake: for our back-slidings are many, we haue sinned against thee.

8 O the hope of Israel, the Sauiour thereof in time of trouble, why shouldest thou be as a stranger in the land, and as a wayfaring man, that turneth aside to tarie for a night?

9 Why shouldest thou bee as a man astonied, as a mightie man that cannot saue? yet thou, O Lord, art in the midst of vs, and we are called by thy Name, leaue vs not.

10 ¶ Thus saith the Lord vnto this people, Thus haue they loued to wander, they haue not refrained their feete, therefore the Lord doeth not accept them, hee will now remember their iniquitie, and visite their sinnes.

11 Then said the Lord vnto mee, Pray not for this people, for their good.

12 When they fast I will not heare their crie, and when they offer burnt offering and an oblation I wil not accept them: but I will consume them by the sword, and by the famine, and by the pestilence.

13 ¶ Then said I Ah Lord God, behold, the prophets say vnto them; Ye shall not see the sword, neither shall ye haue famine, but I will giue you assured peace in this place.

14 Then the Lord said vnto me, The prophets prophecie lies in my Name, I sent them not, neither haue I commanded them, neither spake vnto them: they prophecie vnto you a false vision and diuination, and a thing of nought, and the deceit of their heart.

15 Therefore thus saith the Lord concerning the prophets that prophecie in my Name, and I sent them not, yet they say, Sword and famine shall not be in this land, By sword and famine shall those prophets be consumed.

16 And the people to whom they prophecie, shall be cast out in the streets of Ierusalem, because of the famine and the sword, and they shall haue none to burie them, them, their wiues, nor their sonnes, nor their daughters: for I will powre their wickednesse vpon them.

17 ¶ Therefore thou shalt say this word vnto them, Let mine eies runne downe with teares night and day, and let them not cease, for the virgin daughter of my people is broken with a great breach, with a very grieuous blow.

18 If I goe forth into the field, then behold the slaine with the sword, and if I enter into the citie, then behold them that are sicke with famine, yea both the prophet and the priest goe about into a land that they know not.

19 Hast thou vtterly reiected Iudah? hath thy soule loathed Zion? why hast thou smitten vs, and there is no healing for vs? we looked for peace, and there is no good, and for the time of healing, and behold trouble.

20 We acknowledge, O Lord, our wickednes, and the iniquitie of our fathers: for wee haue sinned against thee.

21 Do not abhorre vs, for thy Names sake, doe not disgrace the Throne of thy glorie: remember, breake not thy Couenant with vs.

22 Are there any among the vanities of the Gentiles that can cause raine? or can the heauens giue showres, Art not thou he, O Lord our God? therefore we will waite vpon thee: for thou hast made all these things.  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2018 5:54 am
Jeremiah
Chapter 15

1 Then said the Lord vnto me, Though Moses and Samuel stood before me, yet my minde could not be toward this people, cast them out of my sight, and let them goe foorth.

2 And it shall come to passe if they say vnto thee, Whither shall wee goe foorth? then thou shalt tell them; Thus saith the Lord, Such as are for death to death; and such as are for the sword, to the sword; and such as are for the famine, to the famine; and such as are for the captiuitie, to the captiuitie.

3 And I will appoint ouer them foure kindes, saith the Lord, the sword to slay, and the dogs to teare, and the foules of the heauen, and the beasts of the earth to deuoure and destroy.

4 And I will cause them to be remoued into all kingdomes of the earth, because of Manasseh the sonne of Hezekiah king of Iudah, for that which hee did in Ierusalem.

5 For who shall haue pitie vpon thee, O Ierusalem? or who shall bemoane thee? or who shall goe aside to aske how thou doest?

6 Thou hast forsaken me, saith the Lord, thou art gone backward: therefore will I stretch out my hand against thee, and destroy thee, I am wearie with repenting.

7 And I will fanne them with a fanne in the gates of the land: I will bereaue them of children, I wil destroy my people, sith they returne not from their waies.

8 Their widowes are increased to me aboue the sand of the seas: I haue brought vpon them against the mother of the yongmen, a spoiler at noone day: I haue caused him to fall vpon it suddenly, and terrors vpon the citie.

9 She that hath borne seuen, languisheth: she hath giuen vp the ghost: her sunne is gone down while it was yet day: shee hath bene ashamed and confounded, and the residue of them will I deliuer to the sword before their enemies, saith the Lord.

10 ¶ Woe is mee, my mother, that that thou hast borne me a man of strife, and a man of contention to the whole earth: I haue neither lent on vsurie, nor men haue lent to me on vsurie, yet euery one of them doeth curse me.

11 The Lord said, Uerely it shall be well with thy remnant, verely I will cause the enemie to intreat thee well in the time of euill, and in the time of affliction.

12 Shall yron breake the Northren yron, and the steele?

13 Thy substance and thy treasures will I giue to the spoile without price, and that for all thy sinnes, euen in all thy borders.

14 And I will make thee to passe with thine enemies, into a land which thou knowest not: for a fire is kindled in mine anger, which shall burne vpon you.

15 ¶ O Lord, thou knowest, remember me, and visit me, and reuenge me of my persecutors, take mee not away in thy long suffering: know that for thy sake I haue suffered rebuke.

16 Thy wordes were found, and I did eate them, and thy word was vnto mee, the ioy and reioycing of mine heart: for I am called by thy Name, O Lord God of hostes.

17 I sate not in the assembly of the mockers, nor reioyced: I sate alone because of thy hand: for thou hast filled me with indignation.

18 Why is my paine perpetuall? and my wound incurable which refuseth to be healed? wilt thou be altogether vnto me as a lyar, and as waters that faile?

19 ¶ Therfore thus saith the Lord; If thou returne, then will I bring thee againe, and thou shalt stand before me: and if thou take forth the precious from the vile, thou shalt be as my mouth: let them returne vnto thee, but returne not thou vnto them.

20 And I will make thee vnto this people a fenced brasen wall, and they shall fight against thee, but they shall not preuaile against thee: for I am with thee to saue thee, and to deliuer thee, sayth the Lord.

21 And I will deliuer thee out of the hand of the wicked, and I will redeeme thee out of the hand of the terrible.  

Bible guild Mule
Captain

Bible guild Mule
Captain

PostPosted: Sat Feb 24, 2018 8:47 am
Jeremiah
Chapter 16

1 The word of the Lord came also vnto me, saying;

2 Thou shalt not take thee a wife, neither shalt thou haue sonnes nor daughters in this place.

3 For thus sayth the Lord concerning the sonnes and concerning the daughters that are borne in this place, and concerning their mothers that bare them, and concerning their fathers that begate them in this land:

4 They shal die of grieuous deaths, they shall not bee lamented, neither shall they be buried: but they shall be as doung vpon the face of the earth, and they shalbe consumed by the sword, and by famine, and their carkeises shall be meate for the foules of heauen, and for the beasts of the earth.

5 For thus sayth the Lord, Enter not into the house of mourning, neither goe to lament nor bemoane them: for I haue taken away my peace from this people, sayth the Lord, euen louing kindnesse and mercies.

6 Both the great and the small shall die in this land: they shall not be buried, neither shall men lament for them, nor cut themselues, nor make themselues balde for them.

7 Neither shall men teare themselues for them in mourning to comfort them for the dead, neither shall men giue them the cuppe of consolation to drinke for their father, or for their mother.

8 Thou shalt not also goe into the house of feasting, to sit with them to eat and to drinke.

9 For thus sayth the Lord of hostes, the God of Israel: Behold, I will cause to cease out of this place in your eyes, and in your dayes, the voice of mirth, and the voice of gladnesse, the voice of the bridegroome, and the voice of the bride.

10 ¶ And it shal come to passe when thou shalt shewe this people all these wordes, and they shall say vnto thee; Wherefore hath the Lord pronounced all this great euill against vs? or what is our iniquitie? or what is our sinne, that we haue committed against the Lord our God?

11 Then shalt thou say vnto them; Because your fathers haue forsaken me, saith the Lord, and haue walked after other Gods, and haue serued them, and haue worshipped them, and haue forsaken mee, and haue not kept my law:

12 And yee haue done worse then your fathers, (for behold, yee walke euerie one after the imagination of his euill heart, that they may not hearken vnto me.)

13 Therefore will I cast you out of this land into a land that yee knowe not, neither yee, nor your fathers, and there shall yee serue other Gods day and night, where I will not shewe you fauour.

14 ¶ Therefore behold, the dayes come, saith the Lord, that it shall no more be said; The Lord liueth that brought vp the children of Israel out of the land of Egypt;

15 But, The Lord liueth, that brought vp the children of Israel from the land of the North, and from all the lands whither hee had driuen them: and I will bring them againe into their land, that I gaue vnto their fathers.

16 ¶ Behold, I will send for many fishers, saith the Lord, and they shal fish them, and after will I send for manie hunters, and they shall hunt them from euery mountaine, and from euery hill, and out of the holes of the rockes.

17 For mine eyes are vpon all their waies: they are not hid from my face, neither is their iniquitie hid from mine eies.

18 And first I will recompense their iniquitie, and their sinne double, because they haue defiled my land, they haue filled mine inheritance with the carkeises of their detestable and abominable things.

19 O Lord, my strength and my fortresse, and my refuge in the day of affliction; the Gentiles shall come vnto thee from the ends of the earth, and shall say; Surely our fathers haue inherited lyes, vanitie, and things wherein there is no profit.

20 Shall a man make Gods vnto himselfe, and they are no Gods?

21 Therefore behold, I will this once cause them to know: I will cause them to knowe mine hand and my might, and they shall know that my name is the Lord.  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 25, 2018 5:34 am
Jeremiah
Chapter 17

1 The sinne of Iudah is written with a pen of yron, and with the point of a diamond; it is grauen vpon the table of their heart, and vpon the hornes of your altars:

2 Whilest their children remember their altars and their groues by the greene trees vpon the high hilles.

3 O my mountaine, in the field I will giue thy substance, and all thy treasures to the spoile, and thy high places for sinne, throughout all thy borders.

4 And thou, euen thy selfe shalt discontinue from thine heritage that I gaue thee, and I will cause thee to serue thine enemies in the land which thou knowest not: for yee haue kindled a fire in mine anger, which shall burne for euer.

5 ¶ Thus saith the Lord; Cursed be the man that trusteth in man, and maketh flesh his arme, and whose heart departeth from the Lord.

6 For hee shall be like the heath in the desert, and shall not see when good commeth, but shall inhabite the parched places in the wildernesse, in a salt land and not inhabited.

7 Blessed is the man that trusteth in the Lord, and whose hope the Lord is.

8 For he shall be as a tree planted by the waters, and that spreadeth out her rootes by the riuer, and shall not see when heate commeth, but her leafe shall be greene, and shall not be carefull in the yeere of drought, neither shall cease from yeelding fruit.

9 ¶ The heart is deceitfull aboue all things, and desperately wicked, who can know it?

10 I the Lord search the heart, I try the reines, euen to giue euery man according to his waies, and according to the fruit of his doings.

11 As the partrich sitteth on egges, and hatcheth them not: so he that getteth riches and not by right, shall leaue them in the midst of his dayes, and at his end shall be a foole.

12 ¶ A glorious high throne from the beginning, is the place of our Sanctuarie.

13 O Lord, the hope of Israel, all that forsake thee shall be ashamed, and they that depart from me shall bee written in the earth, because they haue forsaken the Lord the fountaine of liuing waters.

14 Heale me, O Lord, and I shall be healed: saue me, and I shalbe saued: for thou art my praise.

15 ¶ Behold, they say vnto mee, Where is the word of the Lord ? let it come now.

16 As for me, I haue not hastened from being a pastour to follow thee, neither haue I desired the wofull day, thou knowest: that which came out of my lips, was right before thee.

17 Be not a terrour vnto me, thou art my hope in the day of euill.

18 Let them bee confounded that persecute me, but let not me be confounded: let them be dismayed, but let not me be dismayed: bring vpon them the day of euill, and destroy them with double destruction.

19 ¶ Thus sayd the Lord vnto me, Go and stand in the gate of the children of the people, whereby the kings of Iudah come in, and by the which they goe out, and in all the gates of Ierusalem.

20 And say vnto them, Heare ye the word of the Lord, ye kings of Iudah, and all Iudah, and all the inhabitants of Ierusalem, that enter in by these gates.

21 Thus saith the Lord, Take heed to your selues, and beare no burden on the Sabbath day, nor bring it in by the gates of Ierusalem.

22 Neither carie forth a burden out of your houses on the Sabbath day, neither doe ye any worke, but hallowe ye the Sabbath day, as I commanded your fathers.

23 But they obeyed not, neither inclined their eare, but made their necke stiffe, that they might not heare nor receiue instruction.

24 And it shall come to passe, if yee diligently hearken vnto me, saith the Lord, to bring in no burden through the gates of this citie on the Sabbath day, but hallow the Sabbath day, to doe no worke therein:

25 Then shall there enter into the gates of this citie kings and princes sitting vpon the throne of Dauid, riding in charets and on horses, they and their princes, the men of Iudah and the inhabitants of Ierusalem: and this citie shall remaine for euer.

26 And they shall come from the cities of Iudah, and from the places about Ierusalem, and from the lande of Beniamin, and from the plaine and from the mountaines, and from the South, bringing burnt offerings, and sacrifices, and meate offerings, and incense, and bringing sacrifices of praise vnto the house of the Lord.

27 But if you will not hearken vnto me to hallow the Sabbath day, and not to beare a burden, euen entring in at the gates of Ierusalem on the Sabbath day: then will I kindle a fire in the gates thereof, and it shall deuoure the palaces of Ierusalem, and it shall not be quenched.  

Bible guild Mule
Captain

Bible guild Mule
Captain

PostPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2018 9:22 am
Jeremiah
Chapter 18

1 The word which came to Ieremiah from þe Lord saying,

2 Arise and go downe to the potters house, & there I will cause thee to heare my words.

3 Then I went downe to the potters house, and behold, hee wrought a worke on the wheeles.

4 And the vessell that he made of clay, was marred in the hand of the potter; so he made it againe another vessell as seemed good to the potter to make it.

5 Then the word of the Lord came to me, saying,

6 O house of Israel, cannot I doe with you as this potter, saith the Lord ? Behold, as the clay is in the potters hand, so are ye in mine hand, O house of Israel.

7 At what instant I shall speake concerning a nation, and concerning a kingdome, to plucke vp and to pull downe, and to destroy it.

8 If that nation against whom I haue pronounced, turne from their euill, I will repent of the euill that I thought to doe vnto them.

9 And at what instant I shall speake concerning a nation, and concerning a kingdome to build and to plant it;

10 If it doe euill in my sight, that it obey not my voice, then I will repent of the good; wherewith I saide I would benefite them.

11 ¶ Now therefore goe to, speake to the men of Iudah, and to the inhabitants of Ierusalem, saying, Thus saith the Lord; Behold, I frame euill against you, and deuise a deuice against you: returne ye now euery one from his euill way, and make your waies and your doings good.

12 And they said, There is no hope, but wee will walke after our owne deuices, and wee will euery one doe the imagination of his euil heart.

13 Therefore thus saith the Lord, Aske ye now among the heathen, who hath heard such things? the Uirgin of Israel hath done a very horrible thing.

14 Will a man leaue the snow of Lebanon which commeth from the rocke of the fielde? or shall the colde flowing waters that come from another place, be forsaken?

15 Because my people hath forgotten mee, they haue burnt incense to vanitie, and they haue caused them to stumble in their waies from the ancient paths, to walke in paths, in a way not cast vp,

16 To make their land desolate and a perpetuall hissing: euery one that passeth thereby shall bee astonished, and wagge his head.

17 I will scatter them as with an East winde before the enemie: I will shew them the backe, and not the face, in the day of their calamitie.

18 ¶ Then said they, Come, and let vs deuise deuices against Ieremiah: for the Law shall not perish from the Priest, nor counsell from the wise, nor the word from the prophet: Come and let vs smite him with the tongue, and let vs not giue heede to any of his wordes.

19 Giue heed to me, O Lord, and hearken to the voice of them that contend with me.

20 Shall euill bee recompensed for good? for they haue digged a pit for my soule: remember that I stood before thee to speake good for them, and to turne away thy wrath from them.

21 Therefore deliuer vp their children to the famine, and powre out their blood by the force of the sword, and let their wiues be bereaued of their children and be widowes, and let their men be put to death, let their yong men be slaine by the sword in battell.

22 Let a crie bee heard from their houses, when thou shalt bring a troupe suddenly vpon them, for they haue digged a pit to take me, and hid snares for my feet.

23 Yet Lord thou knowest all their counsell against me to slay mee: forgiue not their iniquitie, neither blot out their sinne from thy sight, but let them bee ouerthrowen before thee, deale thus with them in the time of thine anger.  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2018 8:37 am
Jeremiah
Chapter 19

1 Thus saith the Lord, Goe and get a potters earthen bottell, and take of the ancients of the people, and of the ancients of the Priestes.

2 And goe forth vnto the valley of the sonne of Hinnom, which is by the entrie of the Eastgate, and proclaime there the words that I shall tell thee:

3 And say, Heare ye the word of the Lord, O kings of Iudah, and inhabitants of Ierusalem; Thus saith the Lord of hostes, the God of Israel; Behold, I will bring euill vpon this place, the which whosoeuer heareth, his eares shall tingle.

4 Because they haue forsaken mee, and haue estranged this place, and haue burnt incense in it vnto other gods, whom neither they, nor their fathers haue knowen, nor the kings of Iudah, and haue filled this place with the blood of innocents.

5 They haue built also the high places of Baal, to burne their sonnes with fire for burnt offerings vnto Baal, which I commanded not, nor spake it, neither came it into my minde.

6 Therefore behold, the daies come, saith the Lord, that this place shall no more bee called Tophet, nor the valley of the sonne of Hinnom, but the valley of slaughter.

7 And I will make void the counsell of Iudah and Ierusalem in this place, and I will cause them to fall by the sword before their enemies, and by the hands of them that seek their liues: and their carkeises will I giue to be meat for the foules of the heauen, and for the beasts of the earth.

8 And I will make this citie desolate and an hissing: euery one that passeth thereby shalbe astonished and hisse, because of all the plagues thereof.

9 And I will cause them to eate the flesh of their sonnes and the flesh of their daughters, and they shal eate euery one the flesh of his friend in the siege and straitnesse, wherewith their enemies, and they that seeke their liues, shall straiten them.

10 Then shalt thou breake þe bottle in the sight of the men that goe with thee,

11 And shalt say vnto them; Thus saith the Lord of hostes, Euen so will I breake this people and this citie as one breaketh a potters vessell that cannot bee made whole againe, and they shall bury them in Tophet, till there be no place else to bury.

12 Thus will I doe vnto this place, sayth the Lord, and to the inhabitants thereof, and euen make their citie as Tophet.

13 And the houses of Ierusalem, and the houses of the kings of Iudah shall bee defiled as the place of Tophet, because of all the houses vpon whose roofes they haue burnt incense vnto all the hoste of heauen, & haue powred out drinke offrings vnto other gods.

14 Then came Ieremiah from Tophet, whither the Lord had sent him to prophecie, and hee stood in the court of the Lords house, and said to all the people,

15 Thus saith the Lord of hostes the God of Israel, Behold, I wil bring vpon this city, and vpon all her townes all the euill that I haue pronounced against it, because they haue hardened their neckes, that they might not heare my wordes.  

Bible guild Mule
Captain

Bible guild Mule
Captain

PostPosted: Wed Feb 28, 2018 11:25 am
Jeremiah
Chapter 20

1 Now Pashur the sonne of Immer the Priest, who was also chiefe gouernor in the house of the Lord, heard that Ieremiah prophecied these things.

2 Then Pashur smote Ieremiah the Prophet, and put him in the stockes that were in the high gate of Beniamin, which was by the house of the Lord.

3 And it came to passe on the morrow, that Pashur brought foorth Ieremiah out of the stockes. Then sayd Ieremiah vnto him, The Lord hath not called thy name Pashur, but Magor-missabib.

4 For thus sayth the Lord, Behold, I will make thee a terrour to thy selfe, and to all thy friends, and they shall fall by the sword of their enemies, and thine eyes shall behold it, and I will giue all Iudah into the hand of the king of Babylon, and hee shall cary them captiue into Babylon, and shall slay them with the sword.

5 Moreouer, I will deliuer all the strength of this city, and all the labours thereof, and all the precious things thereof, and all the treasures of the kings of Iudah will I giue into the hand of their enemies which shal spoile them, and take them and cary them to Babylon.

6 And thou Pashur, and all that dwell in thine house, shall goe into captiuitie, and thou shalt come to Babylon, and there thou shalt die, and shalt be buried there, thou and all thy friends to whom thou hast prophecied lies.

7 ¶ O Lord, thou hast deceiued me, and I was deceiued, thou art stronger then I, and hast preuailed: I am in derision daily, euery one mocketh me.

8 For since I spake I cryed out, I cried violence and spoyle; because the word of the Lord was made a reproch vnto me, and a derision daily?

9 Then I said; I will not make mention of him, nor speake any more in his name. But his word was in mine heart, as a burning fire shut vp in my bones, and I was weary with forbearing, and I could not stay.

10 ¶ For I heard the defaming of many, feare on euery side. Report, say they, and wee will report it: all my familiars watched for my halting, saying; Peraduenture he will be enticed: and we shall preuaile against him, and we shall take our reuenge on him.

11 But the Lord is with me as a mighty terrible one: therefore my persecutours shall stumble, and they shall not preuaile, they shall be greatly ashamed, for they shall not prosper, their euerlasting confusion shall neuer be forgotten.

12 But O Lord of hostes, that tryest the righteous, and seest the reines and the heart, let me see thy vengeance on them: for vnto thee haue I opened my cause.

13 Sing vnto the Lord, praise yee the Lord: for hee hath deliuered the soule of the poore from the hand of euill doers.

14 ¶ Cursed be the day wherein I was borne: let not the day wherein my mother bare mee, be blessed.

15 Cursed be the man who brought tidings to my father, saying: A man child is borne vnto thee, making him very glad.

16 And let that man be as the cities which the Lord ouerthrew and repented not: and let him heare the cry in the morning, and the shouting at noonetide,

17 Because he slew me not from the wombe: or that my mother might haue beene my graue, and her wombe to be alwaies great with me.

18 Wherefore came I forth out of the wombe to see labour and sorrow, that my daies should be consumed with shame?  
The Bible

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 49 50 51 52 53 54 ... 77 78 79 80 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games