Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Back to Guilds

A Dungeons & Dragons Roleplaying Guild - We have many active games, join requests are checked often, and everyone is accepted. 

Tags: Dungeons, Dragons, Roleplaying, Dungeons and Dragons 

Reply [D&D 4e] Glimmers in the Dark
Arc 3 - Glimmers in the Dark (Main Roleplay) Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 49 50 51 52 53 54 ... 99 100 101 102 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

PupSage

Dapper Dog

20,850 Points
  • Beta Critic 0
  • Object of Affection 150
  • 50 Wins 150
PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2020 5:40 am
As Ilikan transforms Kuori will say "Neat trick" before slamming her morning star, cloaked in purple radiance, at UH3. The radiance absorbs into the Umberhulk temporarily before emerging from its chest and spraying itself upon Ilikan like a bleeding wound. The glow would heal the injured Warden.

Standard: Healing Strike on UH3 26 vs AC for 23 Radiant Damage an Ilikan can spend a surge to heal surge value +3, make a saving throw, and all allies get a +2 to attack until the end of next turn. Also, UH3 is now marked by Kuori.
Minor: Maintain DR 5 on Ilikan, Valac, and Kuori  
PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2020 8:42 am
"Revenge, You see, Even if burrowing creatures could smell me under the ground. Unlike you and everyone else here, I took a bath before we left the fort, idjit. So, If I survive this, you are going to ingest this bug's bile just for saying I smell."

Ruin would return his focus to trying to escape, but again fail and blast the bug. "Gods damn-it, stop playing with your food, and eat me!"

Health 42/65

Move Action: Escape attempt: Failed

Standard Action: Eldritch Bolt 25 to hit, and 24 force to damage
At-Will - Arcane, Force, Implement
Standard Action Ranged 10
Target: One creature
Attack: 25 vs. Reflex
Hit: 24 force damage.
Special: You can use this power as a ranged basic attack.

Southern Cross Nemesis
Vice Captain

Kowsauni
Crew

PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2020 8:44 pm
Kuori smacks the Umber Hulk with her Morning Star as Ruin blasts the one holding him in the face, the creature was finally beginning to look a bit unsteady. (UH2 is bloodied)

(Top of the round,Valac up!)  
PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2020 9:16 am
Valac continues creeping around the Umber Hulk to eventually in the near future force it to split its attention between him and Ilikan.

Then he continued his eternal war of chopping slowly away at the umber hulk.

Mongooseh

Distinct Raider

8,825 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Guildmember 100
  • Hellraiser 500

Psychofish

Dedicated Loiterer

PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2020 12:24 pm
Now it felt like he was getting into rhythm- the frost continued to grow, moving around the hide he wore and making a layer of second armor, as ice even began to settle into the beginnings of the spectral ram's horns as he rotated hammer, shield, and body, managing to fend off all but one swing of the many arms while the other two got to focus.

"Much appreciated." He said to the Goliath, strange howls of the wind echoing his voice, not sounding entirely unlike a distant bellowing. "If you could take one step over- I think Valak has this one, soon as we put it in a good pinch."

For the moment though, he stood put, bringing his shield forward between strikes and swinging his hammer into it- the sound turning into a rumbling more like thunder out through the air and ground around his feet, ringing up into the bodies of the giant bugs as the horizontal slits his eyes had shaped to watched them carefully, to see if it and the ice would be enough to drop either- a hint of weakness.

[Mark UH3 and UH1]
[Hungry Earth: 25 vs UH3s Fort, 37 [Crit] vs UH1's Fort]
[UH3 on hit: 13 damage and knocked prone.]
[UH1 on hit: 27 damage and knocked prone.]

Encounter ✦ Primal, Weapon
Standard Action Close burst 1
Target: Each enemy in burst
Attack: Strength vs. Fortitude
Hit: 1[W] + Strength modifier damage.
Effect: Until the end of your next turn, each square in the
burst is difficult terrain for your enemies.

PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2020 1:00 pm
71/71 hp, EB Torch in Z14, UH2 marked by Divine Challenge, Ice Sword On

MOVE ACTION

"No, no, it's not just me Ruin!" Revenge would say, his armor clanking as he relaxed his pose for a moment. "Valac, back me up here. Let out a bloodcurdling scream of unfettered rage if you agree about Ruin's musk!" the paladin would call out.

Mongooseh

"I think I need to get upwind for a second. Hang on..." he's say as he took this opportunity of the Umber Hulk being fixated on ruin to reposition himself.

Quote:
Revenge moves 1 S, 1SE, 1NE, 1N. This provokes an opportunity attack from the Umber Hulk if it wants to let go

STANDARD ACTION + MINOR ACTION + FREE ACTION

"Maybe this'll do it. Hang on, Ruin!" Revenge would say, holding his sword out and to his side, allowing frost to crackle along the edge before fiercely thrusting the weapon forward into the Umber Hulk's hide.

Quote:
Free action to make all damage cold. Minor action for Channel Divinity: Divine Strength for +1 damage. Standard action for Trial of Strength; 30 vs AC-2. 18 cold damage.

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

Kowsauni
Crew

PostPosted: Sun May 24, 2020 8:37 am
The Drinking Hall

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

((The gouges in the floor, broken tables, chairs, all all difficult terrain. The entire room is now brightly lit thanks to the sunrod. Outside the room is dimly lit. ))

Initiative Order
Valac: HP: 75/75, DR5
Ilikan HP:42/83, +1 AC, Resist 5 cold, DR5, grabbed by UH1
Revenge HP:71/71,
Umber Hulks UH3, Marked by Ilikan, UH2, -2 ac and hit, marked by Revenge, UH1 marked by Ilikan,
Irene:
Kuori HP: 58/59, DR5,
Ruin HP:22/65, grabbed, Bloodied

Valac continues to hack the bug gorilla to pieces. (UH3 is bloodied)

The force resonating from Ilikan's shield rattles the Umber Hulk and knocks both of them off their feet.

Revenge also slashes the severely weakened umber hulk, but hisfocus still remains on Ruin as she stretches him apart. (20 damage to Ruin, 8 damage to UH2 from divine challenge)

The umber hulks in front of Ilikan stand up and continue to strik him with thier amrs he gets hit three times (12 damage) and is grabbed by UH1

Irene continues to sketch the battle from the doorway.

(Map will be uploaded later, Kuori up)  
PostPosted: Sun May 24, 2020 1:41 pm
Kuori moved to the side just as Ilikan asked and saw Ruin over there in the grips of the Umberhulk. "Why is it always him?" But he was too far, and if she went running for him she would put herself at risk ... and sure, Ilikan would make it regret that decision if it hit her, but as of the current moment she didn't want to play bait.
Kuori picked up her shield, took in a deep breath and said, "Get ready to hit it."

Minor: Maintain DR
Standard: Pick up shield
Move: Move to L27 to grant flanking to Ilikan and be able to heal Ruin next turn. Provoking UH3.  

PupSage

Dapper Dog

20,850 Points
  • Beta Critic 0
  • 50 Wins 150
Southern Cross Nemesis rolled 1 10-sided dice: 9 Total: 9 (1-10)

Southern Cross Nemesis
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Sun May 24, 2020 3:03 pm
"Your argument is a nonargument, and your witness would currently howl if asked if dwarven ale was superior to ale made by dwarves. A far more likely answer is I am a small and portable snack."

"And they fear, Valac." Ruin argued as he continued his struggle.

Health 22/65 , bloodied

Move Action: Escape attempt: Failed

Standard Action: Eldritch Bolt 31 to hit, and 23 force to damage
At-Will - Arcane, Force, Implement
Standard Action Ranged 10
Target: One creature
Attack: 31 vs. Reflex
Hit: 23 force damage.
Special: You can use this power as a ranged basic attack.

PostPosted: Mon May 25, 2020 5:07 am
Valac continues his predatory circling around the umber hulk so that he was now flanking it with Ilikan.

Valac continues his tireless campaign on making the umber hulk dead.

Mongooseh

Distinct Raider

8,825 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Guildmember 100
  • Hellraiser 500

Psychofish

Dedicated Loiterer

PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2020 1:32 pm
Finding himself grabbed again, the soldier jammed his hammer into the body of the beast- but with the armor plating, even hitting it low didn't seem to have enough force without the momentum of a proper swing behind it. Snorting and spitting a bit of blood from the continued beating, the warden made a change of tactics, jamming the hammer into it's elbow to push it out, and then hooking the head and twisting to lever the creature off of him again- at least that much he was still having no issue with, even if the lot seemed persistent in seeking some affection.

[Mark all adjacent enemies.]
[Strength of Stone: 18 vs UH3's AC]
[Athletics: 30 vs DC to escape]

PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2020 6:49 pm
71/71 hp, EB Torch in Z14, UH2 marked by Divine Challenge, Ice Sword On
Spoiler effects not modified on Character Sheet

STANDARD ACTION

"Another time, then!" Revenge would call out to Valac, before refocusing back on the bug. Trying to find an opening, he would attempt to lunge and stab the creature in its side.

Quote:
Enfeebling Moonstrike, 20 vs UH2's AC. If it hits, 14 cold damage and it takes -2 to attacks, -2 to AC until the end of Revenge's next turn.

MINOR ACTION IF UH2 IS STILL ALIVE

"This is my last one, so make it count," Revenge would say, turning and using his left arm to place his hand against Ruin, infusing him with more healing.

Quote:
Lay on Hands: Revenge spends a healing surge, and Ruin regains his surge value +5 hit points.

MOVE ACTION IF UH2 IS STILL ALIVE

"I'm going to try to get behind it, see if that helps break its focus on you," he'd say, before dashing around to its hind quarters.

Quote:
Revenge moves 2N, 1NW. This provokes an opportunity attack from the Umber Hulk if it wants to let go of Ruin.

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

Kowsauni
Crew

PostPosted: Fri May 29, 2020 8:08 pm
The Drinking Hall

User Image

((The gouges in the floor, broken tables, chairs, all all difficult terrain. The entire room is now brightly lit thanks to the sunrod. Outside the room is dimly lit. ))

Initiative Order
Valac: HP: 75/75, DR5
Ilikan HP:16/83, +1 AC, Resist 5 cold, DR5, grabbed by UH3, Bloodied
Revenge HP:71/71,
Umber Hulks UH3, UH1, Marked by Ilikan, UH2 marked by Revenge, UH1 marked by Ilikan,
Irene:
Kuori HP: 55/59, DR5,
Ruin HP:23/65, grabbed, Bloodied

UH3 swings at Kuori but it is only a glancing blow (3damage)

Ruin blasts the Umber hulk in its face again but the tough bugger still stands.

Valac's umber hulk finally manages to fend of one of his blows but just barely.

Ilikan frees himself from the umber hulks grasp but is unable to strike back effectively.

Revenge heals Ruin but is unable to pierce the umber hulks hide with his attack.

Two of the umber hulks continue to wail on Ilikan (hit three times, one crit, 26 damage total Grabed by UH3) and Ruin continues to be played like an accordion (20 damage, and UH2 takes 8 damage from divine challenge)

(Kuori up)  
PostPosted: Sun May 31, 2020 7:06 pm
Kuori watches Illikan get beat on. "Guys, I am running low on magic here. If we can kill that one between you two I've got one more big trick if we can group up on this one in front of me. I'll plant my standard if we can't take it down quick enough." As she sends forth her last healing spell towards Ilikan.

Ilikan can spend a surge to Heal for 36 and get +2 to attack rolls

Healing word
Maintain DR  

PupSage

Dapper Dog

20,850 Points
  • Beta Critic 0
  • 50 Wins 150

Southern Cross Nemesis
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Sun May 31, 2020 9:42 pm
"Just give me my... I am Free! Hazah!" Ruin happily proclaimed as he fell to his feet. Taking a moment to rotate his shoulder and summon his blade, he would ask "Revenge, care to fall back to the others?"

Health 39/65 NOT Bloodied +2 AC, +2 Fort, +2 Reflex +2 Will

Move Action: Escape attempt: DC 17 Athletics 23 Crit SUCCESS!!

Minor Action: Summon Blade

Standard Action: Second Wind

Encounter
Standard action.
The character spends a healing surge to regain hit points. The character also gains a +2 bonus to all defenses until the start of his or her next turn

[D&D 4e] Glimmers in the Dark

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 49 50 51 52 53 54 ... 99 100 101 102 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games