Welcome to Gaia! ::

Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry Roleplay Guild

Back to Guilds

A school of magic, based on J.K. Rowling's books. In need of Professors and Students! Join Now for the February - May year! 

Tags: Harry Potter, Hogwarts, Hogsmeade, J.K. Rowling, Roleplay 

Reply Great Hall
Staff Table Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 50 51 52 53 54 55 ... 74 75 76 77 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

BeaterBeast525

Timid Werewolf

5,750 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Cats vs Dogs 100
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Sun Jul 28, 2013 2:54 pm
User Image
User Image

You can be αмαẕiηℊ. You can turn a ρняαsε into a ωεαρøη or a ∂яυℊ. You can be the øυт¢αsт,
                                                          Or be the ßα¢кłαsн of somebody’s łα¢к of ℓø♥ℯ, or you can start sρεαкiηℊ υρ.
                                                          Nothing’s gonna нυят you the way that ωøя∂s do, and they sεттʟε ‘neath your skin.
                                                          Kept on the iηsi∂ε and no sυηłiℊнт. Sometimes a sнα∂øω wins.

Akira entered the Hall, her boots clicking on the tiled floor with every step she took towards the Staff Table. It had been a slow day, really. She got up to send Iris off on the train and went back home to pack and think. She hadn't told her niece of her condition yet, even after two years. How would she take it if she knew? The girl was living with a werewolf, after all. It wasn't something any normal person would take lightly. Especially not Iris, not with her past experiences with magical creatures. The girl's father had been murdered by a vampire. How would she react to her guardian being a creature like that? Akira feared the worse, but decided that when she thought Iris was ready, she would tell her everything.

Walking around the table, Akira took her seat and took note of the people surrounding her. Grayson Powell and Amata Harlowe, and another professor she hadn't seen before. The woman introduced herself as Lulu Huckabee. Akira gave a small wave and a smile in her direction. "Pleasure to meet you, Lulu. My name is Akira Astra, and my subject of preference is Arithmancy." She twirled a bit of her bright orange-red hair around her finger as she watched the other professors carefully, her cyan eyes gleaming in the light of the Great Hall.

But I ωøη∂εя what would happen if you sαƴ what you wanna sαƴ?
                                                          And let the ωøя∂s fall out. ♓øηεsтłƴ, I wanna see you be ßяα♥ε!
                                                          With what you want to sαƴ, and let the ωøя∂s fall out.
                                                          ♓øηεsтłƴ, I wanna see you be ßяα♥ε!

Sнøω мε how big your ßяα♥ε is!

PostPosted: Sun Jul 28, 2013 4:35 pm
A sincere artist is not one who makes a
faithful attempt to put on to canvas
what is in front of him, but one who tries to create something
which is,in itself, a living thing.

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
User Image

Tanna walked into the Great Hall feeling none of the nervousness or panic she had just last year and she was very proud of this fact. She saw, just like last year, she was still a bit early but none earlier than Amata and Grayson, Akita which she met later last year, and it looks as though another new professor was also with them. Finally she wasn't alone! Smiling she waved to the friendly professors before taking a seat before realizing they were making introductions to the new woman and waited her turn. As she waited her thoughts turned towards the summer and the days she spent reuniting with her twin and with her...Joey. Although Tassy had been all for her going off and doing her own thing, for once, it wasn't hard to miss the fact that her other half missed her, especially when she missed her just as much. But with two and a half months of bonding and getting on each other's last nerves she could safely say she couldn't see their bond depleting any time soon. And with Joey, just the thought of the slightly older man made a blush spread much to her dismay, she found herself growing closer and closer to the Ministry Worker. Even though he has yet to ask that final question...and not the ultimate one either! A simple title would be wonderful to put on their relationship, if that's even what it was. They'd only kissed once! The Art professor sighed audibly before noticing it was her turn and gave the new woman a gentle grin and offered a hand to shake. "It's lovely to meet you, I'm Naitanna Ellis or just Tanna please and I teach Art and Muggle Art." Tanna spoke her Scottish accent still present.

[Wearing: Welcome Back] [With: The other Professors] [Where: Great Hall~Staff Table] [Feeling: Comfortable] [Thinking: Gah, brain! Stop thinking about him!]

Yukina101
Crew

Surefire Codger

13,950 Points
  • Vocalizing Hisser 25
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Friend of the Goat 100

a porg
Vice Captain

Anxious Astronomer

PostPosted: Sun Jul 28, 2013 5:06 pm
User Image

As Pandora walked into the Dining Hall, she realized that she was actually feeling a bit nervous about this year. The professor honestly had not felt that way since her first year of teaching. How many years had she been teaching anyways? At least three, probably more. She had been there long enough to become the Head of Hufflepuff. Long enough to know that professors really had nothing to worry about at the opening feast. But then, she had to have a reason for feeling so nervous. There had to be one. It wasn't the fear of what sort of students might be sorted into her house. No, she had no worries about that. Hufflepuffs were generally good, accepting people. She would be proud to have any new members in her house to replace the ones that had graduated the year before.

However, there was a rumor that a new wandlore professor had been hired. A man who had been a year ahead of her during her time at Hogwarts. A Slytherin, and one, who for whatever reason, hated her entire being. How Pandora wished to know the answer to that rumor. It was tearing her apart. She hoped that they had not hired him as she feared it would greatly interfere with her work, not to mention the learning of the students. If he was a new professor, then she could only hope that he would have matured since she last saw him all those years ago. Perhaps he might have even let go of what happened all those years ago, but knowing him, she doubted it.

Reaching the table, Pandora saw that there were already a few professors back. One of them was Grayson. The two had spent a couple of past sortings chatting amongst themselves. Chatting might be too casual of a word for what they did. No, Grayson and Pandora were two of the most passionate people about their work that she had met. They practically breathed it. "Don't you know you're supposed to come back well-rested Grayson? You look like hell," she said lightly with a smile on her face.

One of the other professors at the table was a woman that Pandora had never met before. For a moment, she hoped that this was the professor for wandlore studies. After all, rumors could be wrong. They could be very wrong. However, when the woman introduced herself as the new transfiguration teacher, Pandora felt her heart drop. That meant that the wandlore professor could still be him. Deciding she should probably introduce herself to the French-sounding woman, Pandora kept on smiling. "Hello, I'm Pandora Thorne. I teach herbology to the fourth years and up, and I'm also the Head of Hufflepuff house," she said as she took her seat.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 28, 2013 11:58 pm
User ImageL'amour est un oiseau rebelle // Que nul ne peut apprivoiser,
________________________Et c'est bien en vain qu'on l'appelle,

S'il lui convient de refuser.

User Image

uellauckabee
Professor Lulu, Transfiguration (Years Ⅰ-ⅠⅠⅠ)

Attire:[ x ]
Mood: Slightly Nervous
Thoughts: 'Oh they're all coming in now...'
» »-(¯`v´¯)-»

As the professors and the students started pouring into the Great Hall, Lulu could feel a wave of nerves washing over her, making her stomach almost take a 180 flip. It hit her then that her life as a professor was starting right then and there... she was going to teach at Hogwarts, a school far from where she received her magical education, but still a widely acclaimed institution nonetheless. Had she been in this exact spot even a year ago, Lulu believed she would have left without hesitation. It took months of deep thought until Lulu had finally convinced herself to settle down somewhere new and stay far from France. Springing from the room would make a terrible first impression. She smiled to Akira, masking her nerves well as she spoke as eloquently as her accent would allow. "Ah, Arithmancy? Zis is ze hard subject.. no? I have much respect for you, Professor Astra." She told the woman. "..and your shoes, sont mignons, sorry I mean to say they're cute~"

Then came Naitanna Ellis, another face that Lulu had never met before. Lulu took Tanna's hand in hers as she politely shook the woman's hand. "You have such une bel accent~ it is Scottish, no?" She said right off the bat. Lulu was always quick to point something like that out, as she felt accents were one of the most endearing parts on a person. It created a sense of exoticism, and being from France, virtually everyone sounded like they had an accent. "Pleased to meet you, Professor Ellis. I am Lulu, Lulu Huckabee, ze new Transfiguration professor for ze younger students. You must be une artiste de talent, I would love to see your work some day!" She said with a hint of excitement in the friendly tone of hers. Though she never formally took art classes in her school years, Lulu still considered herself an aficionado of it as a Parisian who had already visited her share of art galleries.

When she heard the comment made by another professor about Grayson, Lulu couldn't help but to laugh. "He has been like zis since I was here... ze poor man." She told Pandora with a cheerful but slightly worried smile on her face. "C'est un pleasure to meet you, Professor Thorne.. your name matches your field of study, what a coincidence!" The woman pointed out with a soft chuckle. "Et zis Hufflepuff house... I have heard many good stories of it. In Beauxbatons we only have deux houses, a men's and a women's. Zis system in Hogwarts is very unique and intriguing."

Forks Anonymous

Newbie Noob

murruelecreuset
Crew

Beloved Vampire

9,900 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Waffles! 25
  • Team Jacob 100
PostPosted: Mon Jul 29, 2013 6:41 pm
Professor Landon Price
Former Hufflepuff
Muggle Studies

User ImageUser ImageLocation: Great Hall – Staff Table

Today was the start of a new year and one Landon hoped would be pleasant for everyone. He was excited to see what new students they would be getting and what third year students would take his class. However he wasn’t overly excited to teach his subject but he wouldn’t let that show not in front of anyone at least.

Walking into the great hall Landon noticed some of the students coming in. The sorting hadn’t started so he wasn’t late that was good. “Good evening ladies...” He said pausing before looking over at Grayson. “Grayson you’re looking dreadful today, another late nighter?” he asked his colleague before taking a seat. “Oh seems we haven’t met yet.” Landon said looking over at Luella. “I’m Landon Price professor of muggle studies.” He introduced politely.

Once he introduced himself Landon could help but look over at Pandora. She seemed nervous why she’d be nervous was beyond him. Maybe something was going on that he wasn’t aware of. About the only thing new about this year was that they had a new teacher for wandlore. He wondered if that could be it.

With: Teachers

OOC: ---  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 30, 2013 12:13 am
User Image

Headmistress

ιηαяι εvεяηιgнт

мσσ∂ ---& {Lonely}
<--- sтяιρ мε ηαкε∂

❝I'm just a bad girl, that's why we get along❞

❝Won't make excuses for anything I'm doing wrong❞

❝I'll pull the trigger in a flash❞

User Image

Inari strutted into the hall, making her was slowly over to her large chair in the center of the room. She look over the staff as she moved past them, not some of them were looking quite good this year. I suppose when you are used to having many men in your life it starts to show when you've had some time alone. It was not something she was used to and she was about to change it. Go back to her old ways if she had to but she was tired of sleeping alone. She a small sigh she reaching her almost throne like chair and sat down."Hello everyone, glad you made it." Inari greeted the staff in a husky voice. She wondered how Hogwarts was fill what so many wonderful and talented people. Though she did hire a good bit of them and that might have something to do with it. "Hope you had a pleasant summer." She said to no one particular. Looking around students would just be arriving and soon sorting would start. It was another year and Hogwarts was still standing strong as always. It seemed to be the only constant in Inari's life and she was grateful for it.

User Image

❝Watch out honey, step back❞

User ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser Image

VixenViVi

Desirable Vampire

VixenViVi

Desirable Vampire

PostPosted: Tue Jul 30, 2013 12:52 am
User Image

ʻHer bone structure screamsʼ

ʻTouch her! Touch her!ʼ

ʻAnd she's got the curse of curvesʼ

Kat walked into the great hall. She knew the first years were lined up and waiting to come out for sorting. It was exciting to see them finish the jorney and she looked forward to seeing where they went. The girl she pulled out of the water had caught her interest for sure and she wanted to see if she would get into Kat's own house. "Evening everyone!" She said with a large smile greeting the rest off the professors at the table. Sitting down she looked around excitedly, happy the sorting would be soon. She took in a deep breath and let it out as she reach forward for her cup, taking a sip of it. With a noise of delight she set it back down and look at those around her.

ʻI want someone provocative and talkativeʼ

ʻBut it's so hard when you're shallow as a showerʼ

ʻAnd from what I've heard with skin you'll winʼ

User Image

PostPosted: Thu Aug 01, 2013 9:54 pm
User Image
Drusilla is...spacespacespacespace
CURRENTLY // Looking Enchanting at the Staff Tablespace
CURRENTLY // single // crushing // lovingspaces
CURRENTLY WITH // The Professorsspacesp
CURRENTLY FEELING // Elatedspacespa
CURRENTLY THINKING // 'So lovely to watch all the little duckies in a row.' spacespac
'Two halves are equal,
A cross between two evils.'

═════════════════════════════════

Drusilla entered the Great Hall rather late, her eyes not really looking at anything as she approached the Staff Table. She'd gotten a tad distracted with her cards again and let them run away with her. Ah, well. Such were the eccentricities of the new Divination professor. She was hardly the first of her lot to be so odd; her own professor had been a bit strange as well, and she'd heard all sorts of stories about the one before her. So perhaps Drusilla gaining the position was simply par for the course. She took an empty seat at the table, her eyes wandering to the first years still waiting their turn. Her lips moved, forming the name of a house. A second later, the hat called the same name, and she smiled. Some things were easier than others. She was so absorbed in her own mind she didn't even think to introduce herself to the other professors. The odd little duck simple sat, her eyes riveted on the ceremony taking place, her lips still moving, that small smile coming when each prediction proved true. "Oh, off to Slytherin with you, then, my dear," she murmured in a sing-songy voice, her eyes staring at one particular student. It was the only one she'd gotten wrong thus far; a blonde boy who'd seemed more like a lion than a snake. But people could be full of surprises, even for those like her, who were harder to surprise than most.

'It's not an enviable lot.'

(( OOC: ))

MJ Spooks

Demonic Cat

14,625 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Loving Fortune Seeker 250
  • WilyTrickster 50

Forks Anonymous

Newbie Noob

PostPosted: Thu Aug 01, 2013 11:03 pm

User Image

uellauckabee

Attire:[x]
Mood: Happy to see the students
Thoughts: 'Everything seems to be going so well.'
» »-(¯`v´¯)-»

"Bonjor Professor Price, I'm Lulu Huckabee." She said to the man cheerfully. "You like ze studying of muggle life, no? I spent some years living een ze Muggle world after my graduation. It was... très difficile to say the least. What can I say?" She asked rhetorically before giving a delicate, airy giggle before speaking in her native French. "J'aime la magie..." She said to him, her words rolling off her tongue with the smooth French accent before she translated for the man. "... I just love magic too much~ I teach ze young students Transfiguration." She told him, just before the Headmistress stepped into the room.

Finally, someone Lulu was at least somewhat familiar with, seeing as Lulu did need to go through security checks before she could get the job to teach. She smiled politely to the woman. She overheard the murmuring of the Divination Professor and smiled as she turned to the woman. "You enjoy ze sorting ceremony... no? She asked, noticing that the woman seemed to be watching the entire thing intently, mouthing the names of the houses mere moments before the Sorting Hat made the announcement audible to the crowd.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 01, 2013 11:25 pm
User Image
Drusilla is...spacespacespacespace
CURRENTLY // Looking Enchanting at the Staff Tablespace
CURRENTLY // single // crushing // lovingspaces
CURRENTLY WITH // The Professorsspacesp
CURRENTLY FEELING // Elatedspacespa
CURRENTLY THINKING // 'So lovely to watch all the little duckies in a row.' spacespac
'Two halves are equal,
A cross between two evils.'

Drusilla blinked as she heard a voice, her mind registering that the woman was talking to her. She turned to the Transfiguration professor, her expression somewhat confused. "Hm, I think I've seen this one before." She glanced over at the Slytherin table, her eyes lighting on the small collection of first years. From such a distance, their little bickering couldn't be heard, but Drusilla could see it. Or had seen it? She didn't quite know. She clicked her tongue, eyes on the children, looking like a mother scolding her child for stealing cookies from the jar before dinner. "So many snakes coiled in the grass, little garden snakes who think they're cobras. But they haven't got the fangs for it... look at them all, hissing and spitting, trying to scare off the mice." She turned he gaze to the woman again, offering a smile. "But I've been rude, rude little duckie. I do apologize. I'm Drusilla Somerset. It's so nice to meet you, Professor Huckabee." Had she heard the woman introduce herself? This conversation seemed familiar. Her eyes twinkled. How much did she ever truly live in the present? Her mind was always looking ahead...

'It's not an enviable lot.'

(( OOC: ))

MJ Spooks

Demonic Cat

14,625 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Loving Fortune Seeker 250
  • WilyTrickster 50

Utsuha Moon

Crew

Sparkly Lunatic

21,075 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Grunny Harvester 150
  • Object of Affection 150
PostPosted: Fri Aug 02, 2013 12:15 am
User Image
C I N Q ° M O R E A U

▀▀▀ ▀▀▀ ▀▀▀ ▀▀▀ ▀▀▀ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ▀▀▀ ▀▀▀ ▀▀▀ ▀▀▀ ▀▀▀
H U F F L E P U F F ° G H O U L S & G H O S T S T U D I E S ° S T R I K E R ' S

Chatter, chatter, it felt like an eon had passed since the last time Cinq stepped foot into this Great Hall. Summer months passed, though not without incidence: The image of snake with a dagger as its tongue hanged at the front of the man's mind, feeling a tad nervousness for the future of the wizarding world. Would a third war break out? No, impossible. The Ministry would've learned from its past mistakes. But maybe...

Cinq shook himself from this depressing thought, and instead put on a great smile for this new upcoming year. This school year will fly by without any problems! The Hufflepuff slipped into a seat and looked around, finding a lot of professors still have yet to arrive. And there sat Cinq, thinking he was the last one to arrive. He turned to the closest person, which happened to be the Headmistress, and spoke, "Good evening, Headmistress. How was your summer?"

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

Perhaps life is solemn,
And perhaps death is daunting.
But as the undead I am neither.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 02, 2013 12:44 am
User Image

Headmistress

ιηαяι εvεяηιgнт

мσσ∂ ---& {reminiscing}
<--- sтяιρ мε ηαкε∂

❝I'm just a bad girl, that's why we get along❞

❝Won't make excuses for anything I'm doing wrong❞

❝I'll pull the trigger in a flash❞

User Image

Inari watched the ghoul & ghost professor make his way in. For just a moment she let the pain show on her face, his pale skin and strange air made her miss the man she had been close with not long ago. Jack. She only let herself feel it for a second before she pushed it all away and cleared her face of any emotion, it happened so fast no one could even catch it. For a single moment in time she felt her broken heart and then her normal calm stature returned. A smirk dawned her face as she watched him approach and sit down. Maybe this is what she needed to be around someone like him to get over some of the power it held on her. If there was one thing she wanted was control of herself and she did not like how she had just reacted. Turning she greeted the Professor kindly."Ah Professor Moreau, I hope you had a safe trip back. I had a busy summer filled with boring work and tedious things here and there but it is what keeps the school going. Thank you for asking." She responded with a light flair to her voice, not quite as frosty as before. "And if I may ask, did you have an eventful summer?" She questioned him, taking in every sense of his presence. No matter the man, a vampire always brought an air of mystery and power. She could feel it enveloping her, her blood pumping faster remembering all the times with Jack, their first time on the ceiling replaying through her mind. Once again she cut off that line of thinking and focused on what the man next to her had to say.

User Image

❝Watch out honey, step back❞

User ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser Image

VixenViVi

Desirable Vampire

Utsuha Moon

Crew

Sparkly Lunatic

21,075 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Grunny Harvester 150
  • Object of Affection 150
PostPosted: Fri Aug 02, 2013 2:05 am
User Image
C I N Q ° M O R E A U

▀▀▀ ▀▀▀ ▀▀▀ ▀▀▀ ▀▀▀ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ▀▀▀ ▀▀▀ ▀▀▀ ▀▀▀ ▀▀▀
H U F F L E P U F F ° G H O U L S & G H O S T S T U D I E S ° S T R I K E R ' S

At Hogwarts, perhaps the only staff member to know his secret would be the Headmistress herself. Cinq was surprised he has't been fired yet, though he probably shouldn't complain: He liked this job, after all. Even if it nearly cost him his life. But since Inari didn't seem to have any problems knowing that a creature of the night is within touching distance of students, his position as a professor of Hogwarts is safe? Maybe. Hopefully he didn't just jinx himself.

"That sounds like a lot of work," Cinq commented. "Though I'm glad to hear that you're doing so much to keep the school afloat." Running a school sounds hard. Not that it never sounded easy. "As for my summer... I wouldn't call it eventful. Helping around the shop and taking care of my kids, mostly. Compared to my other summers, this one could be considered the most uneventful."

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

Perhaps life is solemn,
And perhaps death is daunting.
But as the undead I am neither.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 02, 2013 9:43 am
User Image

Attina Elliott//Thoughts//Where//With

I hope I'm not toooo late...//Great Hall-Staff Table//Other professors

Having been trying to set up her classroom in a way she liked once again, Attina was only slightly late for the sorting and quickly snuck in to try and get away with being this little bit late. She took a seat that was empty and put her eyes on the sorting hat. Trying not to draw attention for the moment. But she figured since she was new that she would probably be noticed soon if not already...

"Shall We Begin?"

shabatha

Desirable Prophet

10,375 Points
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Profitable 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200

Forks Anonymous

Newbie Noob

PostPosted: Fri Aug 02, 2013 12:00 pm

User Image

uellauckabee

Attire:[x]
Mood: In Awe
Thoughts: 'How does she do it..?'
» »-(¯`v´¯)-»

Lulu looked at the Divination Professor quizzically, confused by what she was saying. Seen what? Her? Lulu certainly didn't remember meeting Drusilla if such an encounter did happen. Yet instead of asking and potentially entering into an awkward situation, Lulu merely sat quiet and listened to the professor's ramblings. The woman started talking of snakes, and Lulu immediately assumed it had to do with the Slytherin table. "Perhaps ze students are a little... 'ow do you say.. overexcited, this year?" She said in response to the woman's comments. Lulu could barely remember her own first year in Beauxbatons, though from what she could remember there was a lot more theatrics involved than in Hogwarts.

Upon introducing herself as Drusilla Somerset, Lulu was about to state her own name, but the woman already seemed to know it. Luella looked at Drusilla as her blue-green eyes twinkled with wonder and her lips curled into a tiny little grin. "'ow did you do zat? C'est incroyable~ are you un télépathe - a reader of ze minds?" She asked, genuinely impressed by the woman.

Cara MiaKitty

Great Hall

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 50 51 52 53 54 55 ... 74 75 76 77 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games