Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Bible Guild

Back to Guilds

What if Jesus meant every word He said? 

Tags: God, Jesus, The Holy Spirit, The Bible, Truth, Love, Eternal Life, Salvation, Faith, Holy, Fellowship, Apologetics 

Reply The Bible
The Kings James Bible (1611) Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 50 51 52 53 54 55 ... 77 78 79 80 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Bible guild Mule
Captain

PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2018 7:50 am
Jeremiah
Chapter 21
Viewing the original 1611 KJV

1 The word which came vnto Ieremiah from the Lord, when king Zedekiah sent vnto him Pashur the sonne of Melchiah, and Zephaniah the sonne of Maaseiah the priest, saying;

2 Enquire, I pray thee, of the Lord for vs (for Nebuchad-rezzar king of Babylon maketh warre against vs) if so be that the Lord will deale with vs, according to all his wondrous workes, that he may goe vp from vs.

3 ¶ Then saide Ieremiah vnto them. Thus shall yee say to Zedekiah,

4 Thus saith the Lord God of Israel; Behold, I will turne backe the weapons of warre that are in your hands, wherewith yee fight against the king of Babylon, and against the Caldeans, which besiege you without the walles, and I will assemble them into the middest of this citie.

5 And I myselfe will fight against you with an out stretched hand, and with a strong arme, euen in anger, and in furie, and in great wrath.

6 And I will smite the inhabitants of this citie both man and beast: they shall die of a great pestilence.

7 And afterward, saith the Lord, I will deliuer Zedekiah king of Iudah, and his seruants, and the people, and such as are left in this citie from the pestilence, from the sword, and from the famine, into the hand of Nebuchadrezzar king of Babylon, and into the hand of their enemies, and into the hand of those that seeke their life, and and he shall smite them with the edge of the sword: hee shall not spare them, neither haue pitie, nor haue mercy.

8 ¶ And vnto this people thou shalt say; Thus saith the Lord; Behold, I set before you the way of life, and the way of death.

9 He that abideth in this citie, shall die by the sword, and by the famine, and by the pestilence: but he that goeth out, and falleth to the Caldeans, that besiege you, he shall liue, and his life shall be vnto him, for a pray.

10 For I haue set my face against this citie for euill and not for good, saith the Lord; it shall be giuen into the hand of the king of Babylon, and he shall burne it with fire.

11 ¶ And touching the house of the king of Iudah, say; Heare yee the word of the Lord.

12 Oh house of Dauid, thus saith the Lord, Execute iudgement in the morning, and deliuer him that is spoiled, out of the hand of the oppressour, lest my furie goe out like fire, and burne, that none can quench it, because of the euill of your doings.

13 Behold, I am against thee, O inhabitant of the valley, and rocke of the plaine, saith the Lord, which say, Who shall come downe against vs? or who shall enter into our habitations?

14 But I will punish you according to the fruit of your doings, saith the Lord: and I will kindle a fire in the forrest thereof, and it shall deuoure all things round about it.  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2018 12:34 pm
Jeremiah
Chapter 22

1 Thus saith the Lord, Goe downe to the house of the king of Iudah, and speake there this word,

2 And say, Heare the word of the Lord, O king of Iudah, that sittest vpon the throne of Dauid, thou, and thy seruants, and thy people that enter in by these gates.

3 Thus saith the Lord, Execute ye iudgement and righteousnesse, and deliuer the spoiler out of the hand of the oppressour: and doe no wrong, doe no violence to the stranger, the fatherlesse, nor the widow, neither shed innocent blood in this place.

4 For if ye doe this thing indeede, then shall there enter in by the gates of this house, Kings sitting vpon the throne of Dauid, riding in charets and on horses, he, and his seruants, and his people.

5 But if yee will not heare these words, I sweare by my selfe, saith the Lord, that this house shall become a desolation.

6 For thus saith the Lord vnto the kings house of Iudah, Thou art Gilead vnto me, and the head of Lebanon: yet surely I will make thee a wildernesse, and cities which are not inhabited.

7 And I will prepare destroyers against thee, euery one with his weapons, and they shall cut downe thy choise cedars, and cast them into the fire.

8 And many nations shall passe by this citie, and they shall say euery man to his neighbour, Wherefore hath the Lord done thus vnto this great citie?

9 Then they shall answere, Because they haue forsaken the couenant of the Lord their God, and worshipped other gods, and serued them.

10 ¶ Weepe ye not for the dead, neither bemoane him, but weepe sore for him that goeth away: for he shall returne no more, nor see his natiue countrey.

11 For thus saith the Lord touching Shallum, the sonne of Iosiah king of Iudah which reigned in stead of Iosiah his father, which went forth out of this place, He shall not returne thither any more.

12 But he shall die in the place whither they haue led him captiue, and shal see this land no more.

13 ¶ Woe vnto him that buildeth his house by vnrighteousnesse, and his chambers by wrong: that vseth his neighbours seruice without wages, and giueth him not for his worke:

14 That saith, I will build mee a wide house and large chambers, and cutteth him out windowes, and it is sieled with cedar, and painted with vermilion.

15 Shalt thou reigne because thou closest thy selfe in cedar? did not thy father eate and drinke, and doe iudgment and iustice, and then it was wel with him?

16 He iudged the cause of the poore and needy, then it was well with him: was not this to know me, saith the Lord ?

17 But thine eyes and thine heart are not but for thy couetousnesse, and for to shed innocent blood, and for oppression, and for violence to doe it.

18 Therefore thus saith the Lord concerning Iehoiakim the sonne of Iosiah king of Iudah, They shall not lament for him, saying, Ah my brother, or ah sister: they shall not lament for him, saying, Ah Lord, or ah his glory.

19 He shall be buried with the buriall of an asse, drawen and cast forth beyond the gates of Ierusalem.

20 ¶ Goe vp to Lebanon, and crie, and lift vp thy voice in Bashan, and crie from the passages: for all thy louers are destroyed.

21 I spake vnto thee in thy prosperitie, but thou saidest, I will not heare: this hath bin thy maner from thy youth, that thou obeyedst not my voice.

22 The winde shall eate vp all thy pastors, and thy louers shall goe into captiuitie, surely then shalt thou be ashamed and confounded for all thy wickednesse.

23 O inhabitant of Lebanon, that makest thy nest in the Cedars, how gracious shalt thou bee when pangs come vpon thee, the paine as of a woman in trauell?

24 As I liue, saith the Lord, though Coniah the sonne of Iehoiakim king of Iudah were the signet vpon my right hand, yet would I plucke thee thence.

25 And I will giue thee into the hand of them that seeke thy life, and into the hand of them whose face thou fearest, euen into the hand of Nebuchad-rezzar king of Babylon, and into the hand of the Caldeans.

26 And I will cast thee out, and thy mother that bare thee, into another countrey where ye were not borne, and there shall ye die.

27 But to the land whereunto they desire to returne, thither shall they not returne.

28 Is this man Coniah a despised broken idole? is hee a vessell wherein is no pleasure? wherefore are they cast out, he and his seed, and are cast into a land which they know not?

29 O earth, earth, earth, heare the word of the Lord:

30 Thus saith the Lord, Write ye this man childlesse, a man that shall not prosper in his dayes: for no man of his seed shall prosper, sitting vpon the throne of Dauid, and ruling any more in Iudah.  

Bible guild Mule
Captain

Bible guild Mule
Captain

PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2018 7:32 am
Jeremiah
Chapter 23

1 Woe bee vnto the pastors that destroy and scatter the sheepe of my pasture, saith the Lord.

2 Therefore thus saith the Lord God of Israel against the pastors that feed my people; Yee haue scattered my flocke and driuen them away, and haue not visited them; behold I will visite vpon you the euill of your doings, saith the Lord.

3 And I wil gather the remnant of my flocke, out of all countreis whither I haue driuen them, and will bring them againe to their foldes, and they shalbe fruitfull and increase.

4 And I will set vp shepheards ouer them which shall feed them, and they shal feare no more nor be dismaied, neither shall they bee lacking, saith the Lord.

5 ¶ Behold, the daies come, saith the Lord, that I wil raise vnto Dauid a righteous branch, and a King shall reigne and prosper, and shall execute iudgement and iustice in the earth.

6 In his dayes Iudah shalbe saued, and Israel shall dwell safely, and this is his Name whereby hee shall be called, The Lord Our Righteousnes.

7 Therefore behold, the dayes come, saith the Lord, that they shall no more say; The Lord liueth, which brought vp the children of Israel out of the land of Egypt:

8 But, The Lord liueth, which brought vp, and which led the seed of the house of Israel out of the North countrey, and from all countreis whither I had driuen them, and they shall dwell in their owne land.

9 ¶ Mine heart within me is broken because of the prophets, all my bones shake: I am like a drunken man (and like a man whom wine hath ouercome) because of the Lord, and because of the words of his Holinesse.

10 For the land is full of adulterers, for because of swearing the land mourneth: the pleasant places of the wildernes are dried vp, and their course is euil, and their force is not right.

11 For both prophet and priest are prophane, yea in my house haue I found their wickednesse, saith the Lord.

12 Wherefore their way shalbe vnto them as slippery wayes in the darkenes: they shalbe driuen on and fall therein: for I will bring euill vpon them, euen the yeere of their visitation, saith the Lord.

13 And I haue seene folly in the prophets of Samaria; they prophecied in Baal, and caused my people Israel to erre.

14 I haue seene also in the prophets of Ierusalem an horrible thing: they commit adultery, and walke in lies: they strengthen also the hands of euill doers, that none doeth returne from his wickednesse: they are all of them vnto me as Sodom, and the inhabitants thereof as Gomorrah.

15 Therefore thus saith the Lord of hosts concerning the Prophets; Behold, I will feede them with wormewood, and make them drinke the water of gall: for from the Prophets of Ierusalem is profanenesse gone forth into all the land.

16 Thus saith the Lord of hosts, Hearken not vnto the wordes of the prophets that prophecie vnto you; they make you vaine: they speake a vision of their owne heart, and not out of the mouth of the Lord.

17 They say still vnto them that despise me; The Lord hath sayde, Yee shall haue peace; and they say vnto euery one that walketh after the imagination of his owne heart, No euill shall come vpon you.

18 For who hath stood in the counsell of the Lord, and hath perceiued, and heard his word? who hath marked his word, and heard it?

19 Behold, a whirlewinde of the Lord is gone foorth in furie, euen a grieuous whirlewinde, it shall fall grieuously vpon the head of the wicked.

20 The anger of the Lord shall not returne, vntill hee haue executed, and til he haue performed the thoughts of his heart: in the latter dayes ye shall consider it perfectly.

21 I haue not sent these prophets, yet they ranne: I haue not spoken to them, yet they prophecied.

22 But if they had stood in my counsell, and had caused my people to heare my wordes, then they should haue turned them from their euil way, and from the euill of their doings.

23 Am I a God at hand, sayth the Lord, and not a God afarre off?

24 Can any hide himselfe in secret places that I shall not see him, saith the Lord ? doe not I fill heauen and earth, sayth the Lord ?

25 I haue heard what the prophets said, that prophecie lyes in my Name, saying; I haue dreamed, I haue dreamed.

26 How long shall this bee in the heart of the prophets that prophecie lies? yea they are prophets of the deceit of their owne heart;

27 Which thinke to cause my people to forget my Name by their dreames which they tell euery man to his neighbour, as their fathers haue forgotten my Name, for Baal.

28 The prophet that hath a dreame, let him tell a dreame; and hee that hath my word, let him speake my word faithfully: what is the chaffe to the wheat, sayth the Lord ?

29 Is not my word like as a fire, saith the Lord ? and like a hammer that breaketh the rocke in pieces?

30 Therefore, behold, I am against the prophets, sayth the Lord, that steale my worde euery one from his neighbour.

31 Beholde, I am against the prophets, saith the Lord, that vse their tongues, and say; He sayth.

32 Behold, I am against them that prophecie false dreames, sayeth the Lord, and doe tell them, and cause my people to erre by their lyes and by their lightnesse, yet I sent them not, nor commanded them: therefore they shall not profite this people at all, sayth the Lord.

33 ¶ And when this people, or the prophet, or a priest shall aske thee, saying; What is the burden of the Lord ? thou shalt then say vnto them; What burden? I will euen forsake you, saith the Lord.

34 And as for the prophet, and the priest, and the people that shal say, The burden of the Lord, I will euen punish that man and his house.

35 Thus shall yee say euery one to his neighbour, and euery one to his brother, What hath the Lord answered? and what hath the Lord spoken?

36 And the burden of the Lord shall yee mention no more: for euery mans word shall be his burden: for yee haue peruerted the words of the liuing God, of the Lord of hostes our God.

37 Thus shalt thou say to the prophet, What hath the Lord answered thee? and what hath the Lord spoken?

38 But sith ye say, The burden of the Lord; therefore thus sayeth the Lord, Because you say this word, The burden of the Lord, and I haue sent vnto you, saying; Ye shall not say, The burden of the Lord:

39 Therefore beholde, I, euen I will vtterly forget you, and I will forsake you, and the citie that I gaue you and your fathers, and cast you out of my presence.

40 And I will bring an euerlasting reproch vpon you, and a perpetuall shame, which shall not be forgotten.  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2018 3:04 pm
Jeremiah
Chapter 24

1 The Lord shewed mee, and behold, two baskets of figges were set before the temple of the Lord, after that Nebuchad-rezzar king of Babylon had caried away captiue Ieconiah the sonne of Iehoiakim king of Iudah, and the princes of Iudah, with the carpenters and smiths from Ierusalem, and had brought them to Babylon.

2 One basket had very good figges, euen like the figges that are first ripe: and the other basket had very naughty figges, which could not be eaten, they were so bad.

3 Then said the Lord vnto me; What seest thou Ieremiah? and I said: Figges: the good figges, very good and the euill, very euill, that cannot be eaten, they are so euill.

4 ¶ Againe, the word of the Lord came vnto me, saying;

5 Thus saith the Lord, the God of Israel, Like these good figges, so will I acknowledge them that are caried away captiue of Iudah, whom I haue sent out of this place into the land of the Caldeans for their good.

6 For I will set mine eyes vpon them for good, and I will bring them againe to this land, and I will build them, and not pull them downe, and I will plant them, and not plucke them vp.

7 And I will giue them an heart to know me, that I am the Lord, and they shall be my people, and I will be their God: for they shall returne vnto me with their whole heart.

8 ¶ And as the euill figges which cannot be eaten, they are so euill; (Surely thus saith the Lord) so will I giue Zedekiah the king of Iudah, and his princes, and the residue of Ierusalem, that remaine in this land, and them that dwell in the land of Egypt.

9 And I will deliuer them to be remoued into all the kingdomes of the earth for their hurt, to be a reproch and a prouerbe, a taunt and a curse in all places whither I shall driue them.

10 And I will send the sword, the famine, and the pestilence among them, till they be consumed from off the land, that I gaue vnto them, and to their fathers.  

Bible guild Mule
Captain

Bible guild Mule
Captain

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2018 10:16 am
Jeremiah
Chapter 25

1 The word that came to Ieremiah concerning all the people of Iudah, in the fourth yeere of Iehoiakim the sonne of Iosiah king of Iudah, that was the first yeere of Nebuchad-rezzar king of Babylon:

2 The which Ieremiah the prophet spake vnto all the people of Iudah, and to all the inhabitants of Ierusalem, saying;

3 From the thirteenth yere of Iosiah the sonne of Amon king of Iudah, euen vnto this day (that is the three and twentith yeere) the word of the Lord hath come vnto me, and I haue spoken vnto you, rising early and speaking, but yee haue not hearkened.

4 And the Lord hath sent vnto you all his seruants the prophets, rising early and sending them, but yee haue not hearkened, nor inclined your eare to heare.

5 They sayd, Turne yee againe now euery one from his euill way, and from the euil of your doings, and dwell in the land that the Lord hath giuen vnto you, and to your fathers for euer and euer.

6 And goe not after other Gods to serue them, and to worship them, and prouoke mee not to anger with the workes of your hands, and I will doe you no hurt.

7 Yet yee haue not hearkened vnto me, saith the Lord, that yee might prouoke me to anger with the workes of your hands, to your owne hurt.

8 ¶ Therefore thus saith the Lord of hostes; Because yee haue not heard my words:

9 Behold, I will send and take all the families of the North, saith the Lord, and Nebuchad-rezzar the king of Babylon my seruant, and will bring them against this land, and against the inhabitants thereof, and against all these nations round about, and will vtterly destroy them, and make them an astonishment, and an hissing, and perpetuall desolations.

10 Moreouer, I will take from them the voyce of myrth, and the voice of gladnes, the voice of the bridegrome, and the voice of the bride, the sound of the milstones, & the light of the candle.

11 And this whole land shall be a desolation, and an astonishment, and these nations shal serue the king of Babylon seuentie yeeres.

12 ¶ And it shall come to passe when seuentie yeeres are accomplished, that I will punish the king of Babylon and that nation, saith the Lord, for their iniquitie, and the land of the Caldeans, and will make it perpetuall desolations.

13 And I will bring vpon that land all my words which I haue pronounced against it, euen all that is written in this booke, which Ieremiah hath prophecied against all the nations.

14 For many nations and great kings shall serue themselues of them also: and I will recompense them according to their deeds, and according to the workes of their owne hands.

15 ¶ For thus saith the Lord God of Israel vnto me, Take the wine cup of this furie at my hand, and cause all the nations, to whom I send thee, to drinke it.

16 And they shall drinke, and be moued, and be mad, because of the sworde that I will send among them.

17 Then tooke I the cuppe at the Lords hand, and made all the nations to drinke, vnto whom the Lord had sent me:

18 To wit Ierusalem, and the cities of Iudah, and the kings thereof, and the princes thereof, to make them a desolation, an astonishment, an hissing, and a curse (as it is this day:.)

19 Pharaoh king of Egypt, and his seruants, and his princes, and all his people:

20 And all the mingled people, & all the kings of the land of Uz: and all the kings of the land of the Philistines, and Ashkelon, and Azzah, and Ekron, and the remnant of Ashdod:

21 Edom, and Moab, and the children of Ammon:

22 And all the kings of Tyrus, and all the kings of Zidon, and the kings of the yles which are beyond the sea:

23 Dedan, and Tema, and Buz, and all that are in the vtmost corners:

24 And all the kings of Arabia, and all the kings of the mingled people that dwell in the desert:

25 And all the kings of Zimri, and all the kings of Elam, and all the kings of the Medes:

26 And all the kings of the North, farre and neere, one with another, and all the kingdomes of the world, which are vpon the face of the earth, and the king of Sheshach shall drinke after them.

27 Therefore thou shalt say vnto them, Thus saith the Lord of hosts, the God of Israel, Drinke ye and bee drunken, and spue and fall, and rise no more, because of the sword which I wil send among you.

28 And it shall bee, if they refuse to take the cup at thine hand to drinke, then shalt thou say vnto them, Thus saith the Lord of hosts, Yee shall certainely drinke.

29 For loe, I begin to bring euill on the citie, which is called by my name, and should yee be vtterly vnpunished? ye shall not be vnpunished: for I will cal for a sword vpon all the inhabitants of the earth, saith the Lord of hosts.

30 Therefore prophecie thou against them all these wordes, and say vnto them, The Lord shall roare from an high, and vtter his voice from his holy habitation, he shall mightily roare vpon his habitation, hee shall giue a shout, as they that treade the grapes, against all the inhabitants of the earth.

31 A noise shall come euen to the ends of the earth; for the Lord hath a controuersie with the nations: hee will pleade with all flesh, he will giue them that are wicked to the sword, saith the Lord.

32 Thus saith the Lord of hosts, Behold, euill shall goe forth from nation to nation, and a great whirlewinde shall be raised vp from the coasts of the earth.

33 And the slaine of the Lord shall be at that day from one end of the earth euen vnto the other ende of the earth: they shall not be lamented, neither gathered nor buried, they shall be doung vpon the ground.

34 ¶ Howle yee shepheards and cry, and wallow your selues in the ashes ye principall of the flocke: for the dayes of your slaughter, and of your dispersions are accomplished, and yee shall fall like a pleasant vessell.

35 And the shepheards shall haue no way to flee, nor the principall of the flocke to escape.

36 A voyce of the cry of the shepheards, and an howling of the principall of the flocke shall be heard: for the Lord hath spoiled their pasture.

37 And the peaceable habitations are cut downe because of the fierce anger of the Lord.

38 He hath forsaken his couert, as the Lyon: for their land is desolate, because of the fiercenesse of the oppressour, and because of his fierce anger.  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2018 3:15 am
Jeremiah
Chapter 26

1 In the beginning of the reigne of Iehoiakim the sonne of Iosiah king of Iudah, came this word from the Lord, saying;

2 Thus saith the Lord, Stand in the Court of the Lords house, and speake vnto all the cities of Iudah, which come to worship in the Lords house, all the wordes that I command thee to speake vnto them: diminish not a word;

3 If so bee they will hearken, and turne euery man from his euill way, that I may repent me of the euil which I purpose to doe vnto them, because of the euil of their doings.

4 And thou shalt say vnto them, Thus saith the Lord; If yee will not hearken to mee to walke in my Law, which I haue set before you,

5 To hearken to the wordes of my seruants the Prophets, whom I sent vnto you, both rising vp early and sending them, (but ye haue not hearkned:.)

6 Then wil I make this house like Shiloh, and wil make this city a curse to all the nations of the earth.

7 So the priests and the prophets, and all the people heard Ieremiah speaking these wordes in the house of the Lord.

8 ¶ Now it came to passe when Ieremiah had made an ende of speaking all that the Lord had commanded him to speake vnto all the people, that the priests and the prophets, and all the people tooke him, saying; Thou shalt surely die.

9 Why hast thou prophecied in the Name of the Lord, saying, This house shalbe like Shiloh, and this city shalbe desolate without an inhabitant? And all the people were gathered against Ieremiah in the house of the Lord.

10 ¶ When the Princes of Iudah heard these things, then they came vp from the kings house vnto the house of the Lord, and sate downe in the entrie of the new gate of the Lords house.

11 Then spake the priests and the prophets vnto the Princes, and to all the people, saying; This man is worthy to die, for he hath prophecied against this citie, as yee haue heard with your eares.

12 ¶ Then spake Ieremiah vnto all the Princes, and to all the people, saying, The Lord sent me to prophecie against this house, and against this citie, all the wordes that yee haue heard.

13 Therefore nowe amend your wayes, and your doings, and obey the voice of the Lord your God, and the Lord will repent him of the euill that he hath pronounced against you.

14 As for mee, behold, I am in your hand: doe with mee as seemeth good and meet vnto you.

15 But know ye for certaine, That if ye put mee to death, ye shall surely bring innocent blood vpon your selues, and vpon this citie, and vpon the inhabitants thereof: for of a trueth the Lord hath sent mee vnto you, to speake all these words in your eares.

16 ¶ Then said the Princes, and all the people, vnto the priests, and to the prophets; This man is not worthy to die: for hee hath spoken to vs in the Name of the Lord our God.

17 Then rose vp certaine of the Elders of the land, and spake to all the assembly of the people, saying;

18 Micah the Morashite prophecied in the dayes of Hezekiah king of Iudah, and spake to all the people of Iudah, saying; Thus saith the Lord of hostes, Zion shall be plowed like a field, and Ierusalem shall become heapes, and the mountaine of the house, the hie places of a forrest.

19 Did Hezekiah King of Iudah and all Iudah put him at all to death? did hee not feare the Lord, and besought the Lord, and the Lord repented him of the euill which he had pronounced against them? thus might wee procure great euill against our soules.

20 And there was also a man that prophecied in the Name of the Lord, Urijah the sonne of Shemaiah of Kiriath-iearim, who prophecied against this citie and against this land, according to all the words of Ieremiah.

21 And when Iehoiakim the king with all his mightie men, and all the princes heard his wordes, the king sought to put him to death; but when Urijah heard it, he was afraid and fled, and went into Egypt.

22 And Iehoiakim the king sent men into Egypt, namely Elnathan the sonne of Achbor, and certeine men with him, into Egypt.

23 And they fet foorth Urijah out of Egypt, and brought him vnto Iehoiakim the king, who slewe him with the sword, and cast his dead body into the graues of the common people.

24 Neuerthelesse, the hand of Ahikam, the sonne of Shaphan, was with Ieremiah, that they should not giue him into the hand of the people, to put him to death.  

Bible guild Mule
Captain

Bible guild Mule
Captain

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2018 9:45 am
Jeremiah
Chapter 27

1 In the beginning of the reigne of Iehoiakim the sonne of Iosiah King of Iudah, came this worde vnto Ieremiah from the Lord, saying,

2 Thus sayth the Lord to me, Make thee bonds and yokes, and put them vpon thy necke.

3 And send them to the king of Edom, and to the king of Moab, and to the king of the Ammonites, and to the king of Tyrus, and to the king of Zidon, by the hand of the messengers which come to Ierusalem vnto Zedekiah king of Iudah.

4 And command them to say vnto their masters, Thus saith the Lord of hosts the God of Israel, Thus shall ye say vnto your masters:

5 I haue made the earth, the man and the beast that are vpon the ground, by my great power, and by my outstretched arme, and haue giuen it vnto whom it seemed meet vnto me.

6 And now haue I giuen all these landes into the hand of Nebuchadnezzar the king of Babylon my seruant, and the beasts of the field haue I giuen him also to serue him.

7 And all nations shall serue him and his sonne, and his sonnes sonne, vntill the very time of his land come: and then many nations and great kings shall serue themselues of him.

8 And it shall come to passe, that the nation and kingdome which will not serue the same Nebuchad-nezzar the king of Babylon, and that will not put their necke vnder the yoke of the king of Babylon, that nation will I punish, sayth the Lord, with the sword, and with the famine, and with the pestilence, vntill I haue consumed them by his hand.

9 Therefore hearken not ye to your prophets, nor to your diuiners, nor to your dreamers, nor to your inchanters, nor to your sorcerers, which speak vnto you, saying; Ye shall not serue the king of Babylon:

10 For they prophecie a lie vnto you, to remooue you farre from your land, and that I should driue you out, and ye should perish.

11 But the nations that bring their necke vnder the yoke of the king of Babylon, and serue him, those will I let remaine still in their owne land, sayth the Lord, and they shall till it, and dwell therein.

12 ¶ I spake also to Zedekiah king of Iudah according to all these wordes, saying, Bring your neckes vnder the yoke of the king of Babylon, and serue him and his people, and liue.

13 Why will yee die, thou and thy people, by the sword, by the famine, and by the pestilence, as the Lord hath spoken against the nation that will not serue the king of Babylon?

14 Therefore hearken not vnto the words of the prophets, that speake vnto you, saying; Yee shall not serue the king of Babylon: for they prophecie a lie vnto you.

15 For I haue not sent them, saith the Lord, yet they prophecie a lye in my name, that I might driue you out, & that yee might perish, ye, and the prophets that prophecie vnto you.

16 Also I spake to the priests, and to all this people, saying; Thus saith the Lord, Hearken not to the words of your prophets, that prophecie vnto you, saying; Behold, the vessels of the Lords house shall now shortly be brought againe from Babylon; for they prophecie a lie vnto you.

17 Hearken not vnto them: serue the king of Babylon, and liue: wherefore should this citie be laid waste?

18 But if they be prophets, and if the word of the Lord be with them, let them nowe make intercession to the Lord of hostes, that the vessels which are left in the house of the Lord, and in the house of the king of Iudah, and at Ierusalem, goe not to Babylon.

19 ¶ For thus saith the Lord of hostes concerning the pillars, and concerning the sea, and concerning the bases, and concerning the residue of the vessels that remaine in this citie,

20 Which Nebuchadnezzar king of Babylon tooke not, when he caried away captiue Ieconiah the sonne of Iehoiakim king of Iudah, from Ierusalem to Babylon, and all the nobles of Iudah and Ierusalem:

21 Yea thus saith the Lord of hostes the God of Israel, concerning the vessels that remaine in the house of the Lord, and in the house of the king of Iudah and of Ierusalem;

22 They shall be caried to Babylon, and there shall they be vntill the day that I visit them, saith the Lord: then will I bring them vp, and restore them to this place.  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2018 9:04 am
Jeremiah
Chapter 28

1 And it came to passe the same yeere, in the beginning of the reigne of Zedekiah king of Iudah, in the fourth yeere, and in the fift moneth, that Hananiah the sonne of Azur the prophet, which was of Gibeon, spake vnto mee in the house of the Lord, in the presence of the priests and of all the people, saying;

2 Thus speaketh the Lord of hostes, the God of Israel, saying; I haue broken the yoke of the king of Babylon.

3 Within two full yeeres will I bring againe into this place all the vessels of the Lords house, that Nebuchadnezzar king of Babylon tooke away from this place, and caried them to Babylon.

4 And I will bring againe to this place Ieconiah the sonne of Iehoiakim king of Iudah, with all the captiues of Iudah, that went into Babylon, saith the Lord, for I will breake the yoke of the king of Babylon.

5 ¶ Then the prophet Ieremiah said vnto the prophet Hananiah in the presence of the priests, and in the presence of all the people, that stood in the house of the Lord,

6 Euen the prophet Ieremiah said; Amen: the Lord doe so, the Lord performe the words which thou hast prophecied, to bring againe the vessels of the Lords house, and all that is caried away captiue from Babylon into this place.

7 Neuerthelesse, heare thou now this word that I speake in thine eares, and in the eares of all the people.

8 The prophets that haue beene before mee, and before thee of old, prophecied both against many countries, and against great kingdoms, of warre, and of euill, and of pestilence.

9 The prophet which prophecieth of peace, when the word of the prophet shall come to passe, then shall the prophet be knowen, that the Lord hath truely sent him.

10 ¶ Then Hananiah the prophet tooke the yoke from off the prophet Ieremiahs necke, and brake it.

11 And Hananiah spake in the presence of all the people, saying; Thus saith the Lord, Euen so will I breake the yoke of Nebuchadnezzer king of Babylon from the necke of all nations within the space of two full yeeres: and the Prophet Ieremiah went his way.

12 ¶ Then the word of the Lord came vnto Ieremiah the Prophet (after that Hananiah the prophet had broken the yoke from off the necke of the Prophet Ieremiah) saying,

13 Goe, and tell Hananiah, saying, Thus saith the Lord, Thou hast broken the yokes of wood, but thou shalt make for them yokes of yron.

14 For thus saith the Lord of hosts, the God of Israel, I haue put a yoke of yron vpon the neck of all these nations, that they may serue Nebuchad-nezzar king of Babylon, and they shall serue him, and I haue giuen him the beasts of the field also.

15 ¶ Then said the Prophet Ieremiah vnto Hananiah the prophet, Heare nowe Hananiah: the Lord hath not sent thee, but thou makest this people to trust in a lye.

16 Therefore thus saith the Lord, Beholde, I will cast thee from off the face of the earth: this yeere thou shalt die, because thou hast taught rebellion against the Lord.

17 So Hananiah the prophet died the same yeere, in the seuenth moneth.  

Bible guild Mule
Captain

Bible guild Mule
Captain

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2018 10:10 am
Jeremiah
Chapter 29

1 Now these are the words of the letter, that Ieremiah the prophet sent from Ierusalem vnto the residue of the elders which were caried away captiues, and to the priests, and to the prophets, and to all the people whom Nebuchad-nezzar had caried away captiue from Ierusalem to Babylon,

2 (After that Ieconiah the king, and the queene, and the eunuches, the princes of Iudah and Ierusalem, and the carpenters and the smithes were departed from Ierusalem)

3 By the hand of Elasah the sonne of Shaphan, and Gemariah the sonne of Hilkiah, whome Zedekiah king of Iudah sent vnto Babylon to Nebuchad-nezzar king of Babylon, saying,

4 Thus saith the Lord of hosts the God of Israel vnto all that are caried away captiues, whom I haue caused to be caried away from Ierusalem vnto Babylon:

5 Build ye houses and dwell in them, and plant gardens, and eate the fruit of them.

6 Take ye wiues, and beget sonnes and daughters, and take wiues for your sonnes, and giue your daughters to husbands, that they may beare sonnes and daughters, that ye may bee increased there, and not diminished.

7 And seeke the peace of the citie, whither I haue caused you to be caried away captiues, & pray vnto the Lord for it: for in the peace thereof shall yee haue peace.

8 ¶ For thus saith the Lord of hosts, the God of Israel, Let not your prophets and your diuiners, that bee in the midst of you, deceiue you, neither hearken to your dreames which yee cause to be dreamed.

9 For they prophecie falsly vnto you in my name: I haue not sent them, saith the Lord.

10 ¶ For thus saith the Lord, That after seuentie yeeres be accomplished at Babylon, I will visite you, and performe my good word towards you, in causing you to returne to this place.

11 For I knowe the thoughts that I thinke towards you, saith the Lord, thoughts of peace, and not of euill, to giue you an expected end.

12 Then shall ye call vpon me, and ye shall goe and pray vnto mee, and I will hearken vnto you.

13 And ye shall seeke me, and finde me, when ye shall search for me with all your heart.

14 And I will be found of you, saith the Lord, and I will turne away your captiuitie, and I will gather you from all the nations, and from all the places whither I haue driuen you, saith the Lord, and I will bring you againe into the place whence I caused you to be caried away captiue.

15 ¶ Because yee haue said, The Lord hath raised vs vp prophets in Babylon:

16 Know that thus saith the Lord, of the king that sitteth vpon the throne of Dauid, and of all the people that dwelleth in this citie, and of your brethren that are not gone foorth with you into captiuitie.

17 Thus saith the Lord of hosts, Beholde, I will send vpon them the sword, the famine, and the pestilence, and will make them like vile figges, that cannot be eaten, they are so euill.

18 And I will persecute them with the sword, with the famine, and with the pestilence, and will deliuer them to be remooued to all the kingdomes of the earth, to be a curse and an astonishment, and an hissing, and a reproch among all the nations, whither I haue driuen them.

19 Because they haue not hearkened to my words, saith the Lord, which I sent vnto them by my seruants the Prophets, rising vp early, and sending them, but ye would not heare, saith the Lord.

20 ¶ Heare yee therefore the word of the Lord, all ye of the captiuitie, whom I haue sent from Ierusalem to Babylon.

21 Thus saith the Lord of hosts the God of Israel, of Ahab the sonne of Kolaiah, and of Zedekiah the sonne of Maaseiah, which prophecie a lye vnto you in my Name, Behold, I will deliuer them into the hand of Nebuchadrezzar king of Babylon, and hee shall slay them before your eyes.

22 And of them shall bee taken vp a eurse by all the captiuitie of Iudah which are in Babylon, saying, The Lord make thee like Zedekiah, and like Ahab, whom the king of Babylon rosted in the fire.

23 Because they haue committed villanie in Israel, and haue committed adulterie with their neighbors wiues, and haue spoken lying wordes in my Name, which I haue not commanded them, euen I know, and am a witnesse, saith the Lord.

24 ¶ Thus shalt thou also speake to Shemaiah the Nehelamite, saying:

25 Thus speaketh the Lord of hostes the God of Israel, saying, Because thou hast sent letters in thy name vnto all the people that are at Ierusalem, and to Zephaniah the sonne of Maaseiah the Priest, and to all the priests, saying;

26 The Lord hath made thee Priest in the stead of Iehoiada the Priest, that ye should be Officers in the house of the Lord, for euery man that is madde, and maketh himselfe a Prophet, that thou shouldest put him in prison, and in the stockes:

27 Now therefore why hast thou not reproued Ieremiah of Anathoth, which maketh himselfe a Prophet to you?

28 For therefore he sent vnto vs in Babylon, saying, This captiuitie is long, build ye houses and dwell in them, and plant gardens, and eate the fruit of them.

29 And Zephaniah the Priest read this letter in the eares of Ieremiah the Prophet.

30 ¶ Then came the word of the Lord vnto Ieremiah, saying;

31 Send to all them of the captiuitie, saying, Thus saith the Lord, concerning Shemaiah the Nehelamite, Because that Shemaiah hath prophecied vnto you, and I sent him not, and he caused you to trust in a lye.

32 Therefore thus saith the Lord, Behold, I will punish Shemaiah the Nehelamite and his seed: he shall not haue a man to dwell among this people, neither shall hee behold the good that I will doe for my people, saith the Lord, because he hath taught rebellion against the Lord.  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2018 11:56 am
Jeremiah
Chapter 30

1 The word that came to Ieremiah from the Lord, saying,

2 Thus speaketh the Lord God of Israel, saying; Write thee all the wordes that I haue spoken vnto thee, in a booke.

3 For loe, the dayes come, saith the Lord, that I will bring againe the captiuitie of my people Israel and Iudah, saith the Lord, and I wil cause them to returne to the land, that I gaue to their fathers, and they shall possesse it.

4 ¶ And these are the words that the Lord spake concerning Israel, and concerning Iudah.

5 For thus sayth the Lord, Wee haue heard a voice of trembling, of feare, and not of peace.

6 Aske yee now and see whether a man doeth trauaile with child? wherefore doe I see euery man with his handes on his loynes, as a woman in trauaile, and all faces are turned into palenesse?

7 Alas, for that day is great, so that none is like it: it is euen the time of Iacobs trouble, but he shall be saued out of it.

8 For it shall come to passe in that day, saith the Lord of hostes, that I will breake his yoke from off thy necke, and will burst thy bondes, and strangers shall no more serue themselues of him.

9 But they shall serue the Lord their God, and Dauid their King whom I will raise vp vnto them.

10 ¶ Therefore feare thou not, O my seruant Iacob, saith the Lord, neither be dismayed, O Israel; for loe, I will saue thee from afarre, and thy seede from the land of their captiuitie, and Iacob shall returne, and shall be in rest, and be quiet, and none shall make him afraid.

11 For I am with thee, sayeth the Lord, to saue thee: though I make a full end of all nations whither I haue scattered thee, yet will I not make a full ende of thee: but I will correct thee in measure, and will not leaue thee altogether vnpunished.

12 For thus saith the Lord, Thy bruise is incurable, and thy wound is grieuous.

13 There is none to pleade thy cause, that thou mayest bee bonnd vp: thou hast no healing medicines.

14 All thy louers haue forgotten thee: they seeke thee not, for I haue wounded thee with the wound of an enemy, with the chastisement of a cruell one, for the multitude of thine iniquitie: because thy sinnes were increased.

15 Why cryest thou for thine affliction? thy sorrow is incurable, for the multitude of thine iniquitie: because thy sinnes were increased, I haue done these things vnto thee.

16 Therefore all they that deuoure thee shalbe deuoured, and all thine aduersaries euery one of them shall goe into captiuitie: and they that spoile thee shall be a spoile, and all that pray vpon thee, will I giue for a pray.

17 For I will restore health vnto thee, and I will heale thee of thy wounds, sayth the Lord, because they called thee an outcast, saying; This is Zion whom no man seeketh after.

18 ¶ Thus saith the Lord, Behold, I will bring againe the captiuitie of Iacobs tents, and haue mercie on his dwelling places: and the citie shall be builded vpon her owne heape, and the palace shall remaine after the manner thereof.

19 And out of them shall proceede thankesgiuing, and the voice of them that make merry; and I will multiply them, and they shall not be few: I will also glorifie them, and they shall not be small.

20 Their children also shall be as aforetime, and their congregation shalbe established before me, and I will punish all that oppresse them.

21 And their nobles shall be of themselues, and their gouernour shall proceede from the middest of them, and I will cause him to draw neere, and hee shall approch vnto me: for who is this that engaged his heart to approch vnto me, sayth the Lord ?

22 And yee shall be my people, and I will be your God.

23 Behold, the whirlewinde of the Lord goeth foorth with furie, a continuing whirlewinde, it shall fall with paine vpon the head of the wicked.

24 The fierce anger of the Lord shall not returne, vntill hee haue done it, and vntill he haue performed the intents of his heart: in the latter dayes ye shall consider it.  

Bible guild Mule
Captain

Bible guild Mule
Captain

PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2018 3:41 pm
Jeremiah
Chapter 31

1 At the same time, saith the Lord, wil I be the God of all the families of Israel, & they shalbe my people.

2 Thus saith the Lord; The people which were left of the sword found grace in the wildernesse, euen Israel, when I went to cause him to rest.

3 The Lord hath appeared of old vnto mee, saying; Yea I haue loued thee with an euerlasting loue: therefore with louing kindnesse haue I drawen thee.

4 Againe I will build thee, and thou shalt be built, O virgine of Israel, thou shalt againe be adorned with thy tabrets, and shalt goe forth in the daunces of them that make merry.

5 Thou shalt yet plant vines vpon the mountaines of Samaria, the planters shall plant, and shall eate them as common things.

6 For there shall be a day, that the watchmen vpon the mount Ephraim shall cry; Arise yee, and let vs goe vp to Zion vnto the Lord our God.

7 For thus saith the Lord, Sing with gladnesse for Iacob, and shout among the chiefe of the nations: publish yee, praise yee, and say; O Lord saue thy people the remnant of Israel.

8 Behold, I will bring them from the North countrey, and gather them from the coasts of the earth, and with them the blind and the lame, the woman with child, and her that trauelleth with child together, a great company shall returne thither.

9 They shall come with weeping, and with supplications will I leade them: I will cause them to walke by the riuers of waters, in a straight way wherein they shall not stumble: for I am a father to Israel, and Ephraim is my first borne.

10 ¶ Heare the word of the Lord, O yee nations, and declare it in the iles afarre off, and say; Hee that scattered Israel will gather him, and keepe him as a shepheard doth his flocke.

11 For the Lord hath redeemed Iacob, and ransomed him from the hand of him that was stronger then hee.

12 Therefore they shall come and sing in the height of Zion, and shall flow together to the goodnesse of the Lord, for wheate, and for wine, and for oyle, and for the young of the flocke and of the herd: and their soule shall be as a watered garden, and they shall not sorrow any more at all.

13 Then shall the virgine reioyce in the daunce, both yoong men and old together: for I will turne their mourning into ioy, and will comfort them, and make them reioyce from their sorrow.

14 And I will satiate the soule of the priests with fatnesse, and my people shall be satisfied with goodnesse, saith the Lord.

15 ¶ Thus saith the Lord; A voyce was heard in Ramah, lamentation and bitter weeping: Rahel weeping for her children, refused to be comforted for her children, because they were not.

16 Thus saith the Lord; Refraine thy voice from weeping, and thine eyes from teares: for thy worke shall be rewarded, saith the Lord, and they shall come againe from the land of the enemie.

17 And there is hope in thine end, saith the Lord, that thy children shall come againe to their owne border.

18 ¶ I haue surely heard Ephraim bemoaning himselfe thus, Thou hast chastised me, and I was chastised, as a bullocke vnaccustomed to the yoke: turne thou me, and I shall be turned; thou art the Lord my God.

19 Surely after that I was turned, I repented; and after that I was instructed, I smote vpon my thigh: I was ashamed, yea euen confounded, because I did beare the reproch of my youth.

20 Is Ephraim my deare sonne? is he a pleasant child? for since I spake against him, I doe earnestly remember him still: therefore my bowels are troubled for him; I will surely haue mercy vpon him, saith the Lord.

21 Set thee vp way-markes; make thee high heaps: set thine heart toward the high way, euen the way which thou wentest: turne againe, O virgine of Israel, turne againe to these thy cities.

22 ¶ How long wilt thou go about, O thou backsliding daughter? for the Lord hath created a new thing in the earth: A woman shall compasse a man.

23 Thus saith the Lord of hosts the God of Israel, As yet they shall vse this speech in the land of Iudah, and in the cities thereof, when I shall bring againe their captiuitie, The Lord blesse thee, O habitation of iustice, and mountaine of holinesse.

24 And there shall dwell in Iudah it selfe, and in all the cities thereof together, husbandmen, and they that goe forth with flocks.

25 For I haue satiated the wearie soule, and I haue replenished euery sorowfull soule.

26 Upon this I awaked and beheld, and my sleepe was sweete vnto me.

27 ¶ Behold, the dayes come, saith the Lord, that I will sow the house of Israel, and the house of Iudah with the seed of man, and with the seed of beast.

28 And it shall come to passe, that like as I haue watched ouer them, to plucke vp and to breake downe, and to throw downe, and to destroy, and to afflict: so will I watch ouer them, to build and to plant, saith the Lord.

29 In those dayes they shall say no more, The fathers haue eaten a sowre grape, and the childrens teeth are set on edge.

30 But euery one shall die for his owne iniquitie, euery man that eateth the sowre grape, his teeth shall be set on edge.

31 ¶ Behold, the dayes come, saith the Lord, that I will make a newe couenant with the house of Israel, and with the house of Iudah.

32 Not according to the couenant that I made with their fathers in the day that I tooke them by the hand, to bring them out of the land of Egypt, which my couenant they brake, although I was an husband vnto them, saith the Lord.

33 But this shall be the couenant, that I will make with the house of Israel, After those dayes, saith the Lord, I will put my law in their inward parts, and write it in their hearts, and wil be their God, and they shall be my people.

34 And they shall teach no more euery man his neighbour, and euery man his brother, saying, Know the Lord: for they shall all know mee, from the least of them vnto the greatest of them, saith the Lord; for I will forgiue their iniquitie, and I will remember their sinne no more.

35 ¶ Thus saith the Lord which giueth the Sunne for a light by day, and the ordinances of the moone and of the starres for a light by night, which diuideth the sea when the waues thereof roare, the Lord of hosts is his name.

36 If those ordinances depart from before me, saith the Lord, then the seed of Israel also shall cease from being a nation before me for euer.

37 Thus saith the Lord, If heauen aboue can bee measured, and the foundations of the earth searched out beneath, I will also cast off all the seed of Israel for all that they haue done, saith the Lord.

38 ¶ Behold, the dayes come, saith the Lord, that the citie shall be built to the Lord from the tower of Hananeel vnto the gate of the corner.

39 And the measuring line shall yet goe forth ouer against it, vpon the hill Gareb, and shall compasse about to Goath.

40 And the whole valley of the dead bodies, and of the ashes, and all the fields vnto the brooke of Kidron, vnto the corner of the horse gate towards the East, shalbe holy vnto the Lord, it shall not be plucked vp, nor throwen downe any more for euer.  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2018 10:30 am
Jeremiah
Chapter 32

1 The worde that came to Ieremiah from the Lord in the tenth yeere of Zedekiah king of Iudah, which was the eighteenth yeere of Nebuchad-rezzar.

2 For then the king of Babylons armie besieged Ierusalem: and Ieremiah the prophet was shut vp in the court of the prison which was in the king of Iudahs house.

3 For Zedekiah king of Iudah had shut him vp, saying, Wherefore doest thou prophecie and say, Thus saith the Lord, Behold, I will giue this citie into the hand of the king of Babylon, and hee shall take it?

4 And Zedekiah king of Iudah, shal not escape out of the hand of the Caldeans, but shall surely be deliuered into the hand of the king of Babylon, and shal speake with him mouth to mouth, and his eyes shall behold his eyes.

5 And he shall lead Zedekiah to Babylon, and there shall he be vntill I visit him, saith the Lord: though ye fight with the Caldeans, yee shall not prosper.

6 ¶ And Ieremiah said; The word of the Lord came vnto me, saying;

7 Behold, Hanameel the sonne of Shallum thine vncle, shall come vnto thee, saying; Buy thee my field that is in Anathoth: for the right of redemption is thine to buy it.

8 So Hanameel mine vncles sonne came to me in the court of the prison, according to the word of the Lord, and said vnto me; Buy my field, I pray thee, that is in Anathoth, which is in the countrey of Beniamin: for the right of inheritance is thine, and the redemption is thine, buy it for thy selfe. Then I knew that this was the word of the Lord.

9 And I bought the field of Hanameel my vncles sonne, that was in Anathoth, and weighed him the money, euen seuenteene shekels of siluer.

10 And I subscribed the euidence, and sealed it, and tooke witnesses, and weighed him the money in the ballances.

11 So I tooke the euidence of the purchase, both that which was sealed according to the law and custome, and that which was open.

12 And I gaue the euidence of the purchase vnto Baruch the sonne of Neriah, the sonne of Maaseiah, in the sight of Hanameel mine vncles sonne, and in the presence of the witnesses, that subscribed the booke of the purchase, before all the Iewes that sate in the court of the prison.

13 ¶ And I charged Baruch before them, saying,

14 Thus saith the Lord of hosts the God of Israel; Take these euidences, this euidence of the purchase, both which is sealed, and this euidence which is open, and put them in an earthen vessell, that they may continue many daies.

15 For thus saith the Lord of hostes the God of Israel; Houses and fields, and Uineyards shalbe possessed againe in this land.

16 ¶ Now when I had deliuered the euidence of the purchase vnto Baruch the sonne of Neriah, I prayed vnto the Lord, saying,

17 Ah Lord God, beholde, thou hast made the heauen and the earth by thy great power & stretched out arme, and there is nothing too hard for thee.

18 Thou shewest louing kindnesse vnto thousands, and recompensest the iniquitie of the fathers into the bosome of their children after them: the great, the mightie God, the Lord of hosts is his Name,

19 Great in counsell, and mightie in worke, (for thine eyes are open vpon all the wayes of the sonnes of men, to giue euery one according to his wayes, and according to the fruit of his doings)

20 Which hast set signes and wonders in the land of Egypt, euen vnto this day, and in Israel, and amongst other men, and hast made thee a Name, as at this day,

21 And hast brought foorth thy people Israel out of the land of Egypt, with signes and with wonders, and with a strong hand, and with a stretched out arme, and with great terrour,

22 And hast giuen them this land which thou didst sweare to their fathers to giue them a land flowing with milke and honie.

23 And they came in and possessed it, but they obeied not thy voice, neither walked in thy Law, they haue done nothing of all that thou commaundedst them to doe: therefore thou hast caused all this euill to come vpon them.

24 Beholde the mounts, they are come vnto the citie to take it, and the citie is giuen into the hand of the Caldeans that fight against it, because of the sword, and of the famine, and of the pestilence, and what thou hast spoken is come to passe, and behold, thou seest it.

25 And thou hast said vnto mee, O Lord God, buy thee the field for money, and take witnesses: for the citie is giuen into the hand of the Caldeans.

26 ¶ Then came the word of the Lord vnto Ieremiah, saying,

27 Behold, I am the Lord, the God of all flesh: Is there any thing too hard for me?

28 Therfore thus saith the Lord, Behold, I will giue this citie into the hand of the Caldeans, and into the hand of Nebuchad-rezzar king of Babylon, and he shall take it.

29 And the Caldeans that fight against this citie, shall come and set fire on this citie, and burne it with the houses vpon whose roofes they haue offered incense vnto Baal, and powred out drinke offerings vnto other Gods to prouoke me to anger.

30 For the children of Israel, and the children of Iudah, haue onely done euill before me from their youth: for the children of Israel haue onely prouoked mee to anger with the worke of their hands, sayth the Lord.

31 For this citie hath beene to me, as a prouocation of mine anger, and of my furie, from the day that they built it, euen vnto this day; that I should remooue it from before my face:

32 Because of all the euill of the children of Israel, and of the children of Iudah, which they haue done to prouoke mee to anger, they, their kings, their Princes, their Priestes, and their Prophets, and the men of Iudah, and the inhabitants of Ierusalem.

33 And they haue turned vnto mee the backe, and not the face, though I taught them rising vp early, and teaching them, yet they haue not hearkened to receiue instruction,

34 But they set their abominations in the house (which is called by my Name) to defile it.

35 And they built the high places of Baal, which are in the valley of the sonne of Hinnom, to cause their sonnes and their daughters to passe through the fire vnto Molech, which I commanded them not, neither came it into my minde, that they should doe this abomination, to cause Iudah to sinne.

36 ¶ And now therefore, thus sayth the Lord the God of Israel concerning this citie, whereof ye say, It shall be deliuered into the hand of the king of Babylon, by the sword, and by the famine, and by the pestilence:

37 Behold, I wil gather them out of all countreys, whither I haue driuen them in mine anger, and in my furie, and in great wrath, and I will bring them againe vnto this place; and I will cause them to dwell safely.

38 And they shalbe my people, and I will be their God.

39 And I will giue them one heart, and one way, that they may feare mee for euer, for the good of them, and of their children after them.

40 And I will make an euerlasting couenant with them, that I will not turne away from them, to doe them good, but I will put my feare in their hearts, that they shall not depart from mee.

41 Yea, I will reioyce oner them to doe them good, and I will plant them in this land assuredly, with my whole heart, and with my whole soule.

42 For thus sayth the Lord, Like as I haue brought all this great euill vpon this people, so will I bring vpon them all the good that I haue promised them.

43 And fields shalbe bought in this land whereof ye say, It is desolate without man or beast, it is giuen into the hand of the Caldeans.

44 Men shall buy fields for money, and subscribe euidences, and seale them, and take witnesses in the land of Beniamin, and in the places about Ierusalem, and in the cities of Iudah, and in the cities of the mountaines, and in the cities of the valley, and in the cities of the South: for I will cause their captiuitie to returne, saith the Lord.  

Bible guild Mule
Captain

Bible guild Mule
Captain

PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2018 3:40 pm
Jeremiah
Chapter 33

1 Moreouer, the word of the Lord came vnto Ieremiah the second time (while hee was yet shut vp in the court of the prison) saying;

2 Thus saith the Lord the maker thereof, the Lord that formed it, to establish it, the Lord is his Name.

3 Call vnto me, and I will answere thee, and shew thee great and mightie things, which thou knowest not.

4 For thus sayth the Lord the God of Israel concerning the houses of this citie, and concerning the houses of the kings of Iudah, which are throwen downe by the mounts, and by the sword.

5 They come to fight with the Caldeans, but it is to fill them with the dead bodies of men, whome I haue slaine in mine anger, and in my fury, and for all whose wickednesse I haue hid my face from this citie.

6 Behold, I will bring it health and cure, and I will cure them, and wil reueale vnto them the abundance of peace, and trueth.

7 And I will cause the captiuitie of Iudah, and the captiuitie of Israel to returne, and will build them as at the first.

8 And I will clense them from all their iniquitie, whereby they haue sinned against mee: and I will pardon all their iniquities whereby they haue sinned, and whereby they haue transgressed against me.

9 ¶ And it shall be to me a name of ioy, a praise and an honour before all the nations of the earth, which shall heare all the good that I doe vnto them: and they shall feare and tremble for all the goodnesse, and for all the prosperitie that I procure vnto it.

10 Thus saith the Lord; Againe there shall be heard in this place (which yee say shalbe desolate without man and without beast, euen in the cities of Iudah, and in the streetes of Ierusalem that are desolate without man and without inhabitant, & without beast.)

11 The voyce of ioy and the voyce of gladnesse, the voyce of the bridegroome, and the voyce of the bride, the voyce of them that shall say; Praise the Lord of hostes, for the Lord is good, for his mercy endureth for euer, and of them that shall bring the sacrifice of praise into the house of the Lord; for I will cause to returne the captiuitie of the land, as at the first, saith the Lord.

12 Thus saith the Lord of hostes; Againe in this place which is desolate without man and without beast, and in all the cities thereof shalbe a habitation of shepheards causing their flockes to lie downe.

13 In the cities of the mountaines, in the cities of the vale, and in the cities of the South, and in the land of Beniamin, and in the places about Ierusalem, and in the cities of Iudah, shall the flockes passe againe vnder the hands of him that telleth them, saith the Lord.

14 Behold, the dayes come, saith the Lord, that I will performe that good thing which I haue promised vnto the house of Israel, and to the house of Iudah.

15 ¶ In those dayes, and at that time will I cause the branch of righteousnesse to grow vp vnto Dauid, and he shall execute iudgement and righteousnesse in the land.

16 In those dayes shall Iudah be saued, and Ierusalem shall dwell safely, and this is the name wherewith she shall be called, The Lord our righteousnesse.

17 ¶ For thus saith the Lord; Dauid shall neuer want a man to sit vpon the throne of the house of Israel.

18 Neither shall the priests the Leuites want a man before me to offer burnt offrings, and to kindle meate offrings, and to doe sacrifice continually.

19 ¶ And the word of the Lord came vnto Ieremiah, saying,

20 Thus saith the Lord; If you can breake my couenant of the day, and my couenant of the night, and that there should not be day, and night in their season:

21 Then may also my couenant bee broken with Dauid my seruant, that he should not haue a sonne to reigne vpon his throne; and with the Leuites the priests my ministers.

22 As the hoste of heauen cannot be numbred, neither the sand of the sea measured: so will I multiply the seede of Dauid my seruant, and the Leuites that minister vnto me.

23 Moreouer, the word of the Lord came to Ieremiah, saying;

24 Considerest thou not what this people haue spoken, saying; The two families, which the Lord hath chosen, he hath euen cast them off? thus they haue dispised my people, that they should be no more a nation before them.

25 Thus saith the Lord; If my couenant be not with day and night, and if I haue not appointed the ordinances of heauen and earth:

26 Then will I cast away the seede of Iacob and Dauid my seruant, so that I will not take any of his seede to be rulers ouer the seede of Abraham, Isaac and Iacob: for I will cause their captiuitie to returne, and haue mercie on them.  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2018 12:48 pm
Jeremiah
Chapter 34

1 The word which came vnto Ieremiah frō the Lord (when Nebuchad-nezzar king of Babylon and all his armie, and all the kingdomes of the earth of his dominion, and all the people fought against Ierusalem and against all the cities thereof) saying,

2 Thus saith the Lord, the God of Israel, Go, and speake to Zedekiah king of Iudah, and tell him, Thus saith the Lord, Behold, I will giue this citie into the hand of the king of Babylon, and he shal burne it with fire.

3 And thou shalt not escape out of his hand, but shalt surely be taken, and deliuered into his hand, and thine eyes shall behold the eyes of the king of Babylon, and he shall speake with thee mouth to mouth, and thou shalt goe to Babylon.

4 Yet heare the word of the Lord, O Zedekiah king of Iudah: Thus saith the Lord of thee, Thou shalt not die by the sword:

5 But thou shalt die in peace, and with the burnings of thy fathers the former kings which were before thee, so shall they burne odours for thee, and they will lament thee, saying, Ah Lord; for I haue pronounced the word, saith the Lord.

6 Then Ieremiah the Prophet spake all these words vnto Zedekiah king of Iudah in Ierusalem;

7 When the king of Babylons armie fought against Ierusalem, and against all the cities of Iudah that were left, against Lachish, and against Azekah: for these defenced cities remained of the cities of Iudah.

8 ¶ This is the word that came vnto Ieremiah from the Lord, after that the king Zedekiah had made a couenant with all the people which were at Ierusalem to proclaime liberty vnto them,

9 That euery man should let his man seruant, and euery man his maide seruant, being an Hebrewe, or an Hebrewesse, goe free, that none should serue himselfe of them, to wit, of a Iew his brother.

10 Now when all the princes and all the people which had entred into the couenant, heard that euery one should let his man seruant, and euery one his maid seruant goe free, that none should serue themselues of them any more, then they obeyed and let them goe.

11 But afterwards they turned, and caused the seruants and the handmaids whom they had let goe free, to returne, and brought them into subiection for seruants and for handmaids.

12 ¶ Therefore the worde of the Lord came to Ieremiah, from the Lord, saying,

13 Thus saith the Lord the God of Israel, I made a couenant with your fathers in the day that I brought them forth out of the land of Egypt, out of the house of bondmen, saying,

14 At the end of seuen yeeres, let ye go euery man his brother an Hebrew which hath bene sold vnto thee: and when he hath serued thee sixe yeeres, thou shalt let him goe free from thee, but your fathers hearkened not vnto me, neither inclined their eare.

15 And ye were now turned, and had done right in my sight, in proclaiming libertie euery man to his neighbour, and ye had made a couenant before me in the house, which is called by my Name.

16 But yee turned and polluted my Name, and caused euery man his seruant, and euery man his handmaide, whome yee had set at libertie at their pleasure, to returne; and brought them into subiection, to bee vnto you for seruants and for handmaids.

17 Therfore thus saith the Lord, Ye haue not hearkened vnto me, in proclaiming libertie euery one to his brother, and euery man to his neighbour: behold, I proclaime a libertie for you, saith the Lord, to the sword, to the pestilence, and to the famine, and I wil make you to be remoued into all the kingdomes of the earth.

18 And I wil giue the men that haue transgressed my couenant, which haue not performed the wordes of the couenant which they had made before mee, when they cut the calfe in twaine, and passed betweene the parts thereof,

19 The princes of Iudah and the princes of Ierusalem, the eunuches, and the priests, and all the people of the land which passed betweene the parts of the calfe,

20 I will euen giue them into the hande of their enemies, and into the hand of them that seeke their life, and their dead bodies shall bee for meate vnto the foules of the heauen, and to the beasts of the earth.

21 And Zedekiah king of Iudah, and his Princes will I giue into the hand of their enemies, and into the hand of them that seeke their life and into the hand of the king of Babylons armie, which are gone vp from you.

22 Behold, I will command, saith the Lord, and cause them to returne to this citie, and they shall fight against it, and take it, and burne it with fire, and I will make the cities of Iudah a desolation without an inhabitant.  

Bible guild Mule
Captain

Bible guild Mule
Captain

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2018 12:00 pm
Jeremiah
Chapter 35

1 The word which came vnto Ieremiah from the Lord, in the daies of Iehoiakim the sonne of Iosiah King of Iudah, saying,

2 Goe vnto the house of the Rechabites, and speake vnto them, and bring them into the house of the Lord, into one of the chambers, and giue them wine to drinke.

3 Then I tooke Iaazaniah the sonne of Ieremiah the sonne of Habazimah and his brethren, and all his sonnes, and the whole house of the Rechabites.

4 And I brought them into the house of the Lord, into the chamber of the sonnes of Hanan, the sonne of Igdaliah a man of God, which was by the chamber of the Princes, which was aboue the chamber of Maaseiah, the sonne of Shallum, the keeper of the doore.

5 And I set before the sonnes of the house of the Rechabites, pottes, full of wine, and cups, and I said vnto them, Drinke ye wine.

6 But they said, We will drinke no wine: for Ionadab the sonne of Rechab our father, commanded vs, saying; Ye shall drinke no wine, neither ye, nor your sonnes for euer.

7 Neither shall ye build house, nor sow seed, nor plant Uineyard, nor haue any: but all your dayes ye shall dwell in tents, that ye may liue many dayes in the land where ye be strangers.

8 Thus haue we obeyed the voice of Ionadab the sonne of Rechab our father, in all that he hath charged vs, to drinke no wine all our dayes, we, our wiues, our sonnes, nor our daughters:

9 Nor to build houses for vs to dwel in, neither haue we Uineyard, nor field, nor seed.

10 But wee haue dwelt in tents, and haue obeyed, and done according to all that Ionadab our father commanded vs.

11 But it came to passe when Nebuchadrezzar king of Babylon came vp into the land, that we said, Come, and let vs goe to Ierusalem for feare of the armie of the Caldeans, and for feare of the armie of the Syrians: so we dwell at Ierusalem.

12 ¶ Then came the word of the Lord vnto Ieremiah, saying,

13 Thus saith the Lord of hosts, the God of Israel, Goe and tel the men of Iudah, and inhabitants of Ierusalem, Will yee not receiue instruction to hearken to my words, saith the Lord ?

14 The wordes of Ionadab the sonne of Rechab, that hee commanded his sonnes, not to drinke wine, are performed; for vnto this day they drinke none, but obey their fathers commandement: notwithstanding I haue spoken vnto you, rising early, and speaking, but ye hearkened not vnto me.

15 I haue sent also vnto you all my seruants the Prophets, rising vp early and sending them, saying, Returne ye now euery man from his euil way, and amend your doings, and goe not after other gods to serue them, and ye shall dwell in the land, which I haue giuen to you, and to your fathers: but yee haue not enclined your eare, nor hearkned vnto me.

16 Because the sonnes of Ionadab, the sonne of Rechab, haue performed the commaundement of their father, which he commaunded them, but this people hath not hearkened vnto me;

17 Therefore thus saith the Lord God of hostes, the God of Israel, Behold, I will bring vpon Iudah, and vpon all the inhabitants of Ierusalem, all the euill that I haue pronounced against them: because I haue spoken vnto them, but they haue not heard, and I haue called vnto them, but they haue not answered.

18 ¶ And Ieremiah sayd vnto the house of the Rechabites, Thus sayth the Lord of hosts the God of Israel, Because ye haue obeyed the commandement of Ionadab your father, and kept all his precepts, and done according vnto all that he hath commanded you:

19 Therefore thus sayth the Lord of hostes, the God of Israel, Ionadab the son of Rechab shall not want a man to stand before me for euer.  
The Bible

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 50 51 52 53 54 55 ... 77 78 79 80 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games