Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Back to Guilds

A Dungeons & Dragons Roleplaying Guild - We have many active games, join requests are checked often, and everyone is accepted. 

Tags: Dungeons, Dragons, Roleplaying, Dungeons and Dragons 

Reply [D&D 4e] Glimmers in the Dark
Arc 2 - Heart of a Monster (Completed) Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 50 51 52 53 54 55 ... 80 81 82 83 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

PupSage

Dapper Dog

20,850 Points
  • Beta Critic 0
  • Object of Affection 150
  • 50 Wins 150
PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2017 6:22 pm

Kuori says, "If thats true, and she cooperates, I'll buy her a pot of the damned stuff." She adds, "Don't bite me again or I'll bite back." She squats down and whispers, "Aria is about to storm this place and I am guessing you don't want to be here when it happens. I was able to see you clear as day with my own eyes, I imagine that their magic would make finding you even easier. Our friends, Ying, Corsica, Abby, and Petra are like you. Come with us and escape." She stands and returns to her normal volume. "If she checks out with them, then chalk up an ally. If not we let the innkeeper decide what to do with her. Think you can keep a hold on her until then Valac?"
PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2017 11:03 pm

The strange, inhuman girl doesn't seem to take Valac's threat seriously and continues to struggle in his grasp, but the Tiefling manages to hold on to her. She looks like she is about to bite him when Kuori approaches and whispers to her. She stops struggling and looks at Kuori, but the Goliath only sees confusion in her eyes. "Lady, I don't know what you're talking about, but if you guys don't leave me alone I'll scream and you won't like it. Just let me go!"

The strange girl finally notices Twyla and reaches out to her. "Lady, help me! These two bullies grabbed me and they won't let me go. I've done nothing to them. I just want to go home!"

By now the group was beginning to attract the attention of more bystanders on the street with a few of them pausing to watch. The girl seemed to notice this as well and pulled her hood lower.

Kowsauni
Crew

AlphabetFish

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2017 11:25 pm

As Twyla came closer, she peered carefully at the girl, trying to figure out exactly what she was. Twyla shook her head a bit, though; she just couldn't tell. Something changed, something heavily magical, but... what? The magic was so similar to that surrounding Abby and Petra, but not quite the same... With a start, Twyla realized that Valac himself had a bit of the same kind of magic around him. Now that was interesting...

((Arcana: 19... Word of DM says partial success, yielding the aforementioned information.))

Twyla shook her head a bit, and smiled sadly at the girl.

"Oh Lucy, there you are! Of course you want to go home! You're so confused, just like the last time you ran away. You know we're only here to help you, and its for your own safety that we take you back to the home. I know your mind plays tricks on you, but everything's going to be all right."

A quick wink to Valac and Kuori to let them know of her intentions, then Twyla smiled broadly at the girl, every bit the concerned doctor collecting a frightened patient. She continued. "I know it's scary, I know your poor little mind is too broken to remember your treatment, but keep in mind, it's for YOUR. OWN. GOOD."

She motioned for Valac and Kuori to pick the girl up. "Well, my associates, let's get this little lost lamb back home, like she wants. Then we can find out exactly what it is she saw and heard on her little excursion."

((Bluff: 29, to convince the passersby that we are collecting a poor confused patient from her sanitarium. And hey, if it convinces her a little bit, too, that's fine by me.))
PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2017 5:57 pm

"That's kind of an open-ended question. Those knuckleheads did, and Petra was with them so she can give you any details you might want. As for the two of us and Twyla, no. Not since you gave us your little note," Revenge would respond to Arthur.

There were the Arians at the garrison, but since the wagon was right outside and that's when he gave them the note, Arthur should know about. So Revenge would not say anything regarding that.

If it was a red herring, the others would sulk back soon enough. If the person they left to go victimize was Arian, there would be rallying calls soon enough, so Revenge would wait until something happened.

Quote:
22 Perception to keep an ear out for any distant commotion. Sounds of battle or marching armies tend to be fairly audible.

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

Kowsauni
Crew

PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2017 11:01 pm

Revenge doesn't notice anything out of the ordinary besides some townspeople commenting to each other about how they were rudely pushed. Some kids begin to play with Kuori's arrows which embedded themselves in a wall across the way.

Petra could be heard commenting from inside the wagon. "We went to the house where Abby and I were staying and there was a scary, strange man there dressed in black leather with glasses. I... I think he recognized me as who the Arians were looking for but he didn't do anything."

Arthur would let out a sigh. "That man would be Tristan. He is an alchemist hired to supply us with our potions and grenades. He was also tasked with waiting in that house and reporting any suspicious activity. He isn't well trusted, but he has some sort of connection with some important people in Aria, though I don't know who. My message familiar hasn't arrived with any new information so I don't think he's reported you guys." Arthur would rub his face in worry. "I don't know what kind of game he's playing, but the sooner we get out of here the better."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The people starting to gather around Kuori, Twyla and Valac would shake their heads in pity and move on. One man would even comment. "That poor girl; I hope they get her the help she needs."

The strange girl would stare at Twyla, flabbergasted at what she had just said. She would then bite down hard on Valac's arm, sinking her sharp teeth into his flesh, hoping this would make him let her go. (5 Damage)
PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2017 10:12 am

Valac drew back his free hand as if to strike the small girl but resisted the automatic reaction instead just reinforcing his hold on her.

"Let's go." Valac grimaced as he begun dragging (if he can lift her up easy he'll just take her off her feet) her to the wagon.

Mongooseh

Distinct Raider

8,825 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Guildmember 100
  • Hellraiser 500

Kowsauni
Crew

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2017 2:27 pm

Valac has no problem sweeping the child up into his arms and carrying her. Now that he is holding her closer, he can tell there is something on her back but it is covered by her cloak. With his blood still dribbling from her mouth, the child continues to struggle but it is to no avail. With no one helping her and being unable to escape Valac's hold, she eventually begins to calm down on the way back to the wagon, though she does begin to sniffle. It looks like she might start to cry.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Arthur pops back into the wagon to continue his talk with Petra. After a few minutes, Revenge and Abby see Kuori, Twyla and Valac return. In his arms Valac holds a small child, though it is hard to tell too much about her with the large, baggy, hooded cloak she was wearing. What is obvious, though, are her two small white horns protruding out from underneath the hood, signifying she is at least not entirely human.

Abby would ask as the rest of the group returned. "Who is this? Is this the invisible interloper?"
PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2017 4:17 pm

"No. She's that invisible thing we were chasing." Valac replied to Abby, "'Cept she says she don't know nuffin about Aria. So I guess we've got a third party sticking their noses in?"

Mongooseh

Distinct Raider

8,825 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Guildmember 100
  • Hellraiser 500

PupSage

Dapper Dog

20,850 Points
  • Beta Critic 0
  • 50 Wins 150
PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2017 7:35 pm

Kuori would add, "She bites, and her attitude is s**t. Offered to keep her safe and buy her a meal due to the horns, white skin, and sharp teeth, I thought maybe she was another lost one."
PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2017 6:43 pm

Twyla would turn to the poor, trapped girl.

"Hey," she'd say softly, "we really ganged up on you back there, didn't we? I'm sorry about that. We're a little scared for our own friends, and we're worried about who might be watching them... and so when you ran, we realized we really needed to talk to you about what you maybe heard or saw."

She would move closer to the girl, her expression serious.

"We don't want to hurt you or anything; we just want to talk to you and hear the truth. Look, I'll get him to put you down if you talk to us. That's all we want--nothing bad. What do you say?"

((Diplomacy: 26 to get her to calm down and talk to us.))

AlphabetFish

Kowsauni
Crew

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2017 10:52 pm

Abby would look the strange girl over and shake her head. "I do not recognize her. She was not among those who escaped with us."

By this point Arthur and Petra would emerge from the back of the wagon. By their watery eyes it looked liked their conversation had been emotional one. Arthur would look at the girl. "So this is who was watching us? Well, she's not part of Aria nor is she one of the ones we are looking for. Her appearance is rather, uh... unusual though. Seems too odd to be a coincidence."

Petra, however, would freeze upon seeing the girl. "By the gods... I recognize her. S-she's one of us. When I was brought to the place where they... changed us... this girl was among the group I was brought in with. She was human then, just like me. I... I thought I was the only survivor. How... how did you escape?"

The strange girl was beginning to look a bit bewildered by all the people around her now as tears welled up in her eyes. "I... I don't know what any of you are talking about! All I know is you tried to kill me and now you want me to talk to you!"

The girl would look at Twyla. "You said don't want to hurt me, but you never said you wouldn't." The girl would eye the goliath that shot at her before looking back at Twyla. "Y-you promise me you won't let them hurt me, even if I give you answers you don't like?"
PupSage rolled 1 20-sided dice: 12 Total: 12 (1-20)
PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2017 7:53 am

"If I wanted to shoot you, then I wouldn't have missed." Kuori said bluntly. "However, we are limited on time and we should take this conversation mobile before our unwanted guest arrive."

[15 intimidate to add a sense of encroaching doom since Kuori did mention that Aria was storming this place earlier. The first sentence is said factually, not meant as part of the intimidate.]

PupSage

Dapper Dog

20,850 Points
  • Beta Critic 0
  • 50 Wins 150

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2017 7:09 pm

Revenge would listen to Arthur and Petra's comments, gazing at them for a few long moments while his tail swayed back and forth. Something didn't add up to him.

He would then turn and kneel before Valac (who I presume is still holding the girl in his arms) and look up at her. "My name is Revenge. What's yours?"

After she responds, or even if she doesn't at all, he would continue. "I'm sorry for the way you've been treated. We're all a bit on edge recently. Is there anything I can do to make it up to you?"
PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2017 12:09 am

In the flurry of people coming out to talk to the girl, Twyla was a bit stymied for a moment, but she regrouped and replied, "Oh, no--we won't hurt you! We just want to know the truth, no matter how it makes us feel. We're trying to protect our own friends, not hurt anyone."

She would listen for the girl's name then and her response to Revenge before continuing.

"Kuori's right in that we're limited on time, so if you could just tell us a few things right quick so we don't have to keep you... what did you see or hear in the Red Lion? Who sent you--and what are they trying to find out?"

AlphabetFish

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2017 12:36 pm

Revenge would cast a glance to Twyla. "Pressed for time, yet half our number just decided to run down someone because they just happened to be invisible, rather that commit that energy towards leaving."

He would look up at the girl. "Unless this girl is our prisoner - and please, inform me if she is - we can't just take her where we want and expect cooperation. If you guys want answers, she has to want to share them with us, and not simply be afraid of refusing to."
[D&D 4e] Glimmers in the Dark

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 50 51 52 53 54 55 ... 80 81 82 83 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games