Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian Geezers Guild

Back to Guilds

A guild for users 21 and over 

Tags: Geezer, Mature, Age 21+ 

Reply Geezerville ~ RP's
GGG Most WANTED ~ CLOSED Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 5236 5237 5238 5239 5240 5241 ... 5973 5974 5975 5976 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

New RN's. How bout it?
I desire to serve the Mistress and her ladies unconditionally
22%
 22%  [ 10 ]
I just want a drink
35%
 35%  [ 16 ]
Say What?
24%
 24%  [ 11 ]
Oh gawd. How am I going to walk in those heels?
17%
 17%  [ 8 ]
Total Votes : 45

katana68

Partying Conventioneer

PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2011 7:13 pm

She checked the time and mentally facepalmed. She had been wrapping up final details on the party and damn near forgot she had told Tony she would meet up with him tonight to go over bar business. Saving her work, she packed up her laptop in its case and grabbed her phone and keys.

She exited her quarters and headed up to the office, and saw that Tony was already there.

"Hope you haven't been waiting long...I got involved in the final details for Saturday's party. biggrin " She set her laptop case down and unpacked her laptop. Powering it up, she glanced over at him.

"I'm going to grab a drink real quick....you want anything?"
PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2011 7:20 pm

"I just got here myself, actually."
At this time, Antonio is too busy navigating to the proper folder where all the information on MW is stored and double checking that everything is properly organized to bother looking up as he addresses katana.

"Something with a bit of coffee would be nice. Nothing too strong, though."

Omnompoeia

katana68

Partying Conventioneer

PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2011 7:28 pm

"Okay, be right back. biggrin "

She left the office and headed out to the main bar area. Not sure how long they would be going over the books, she decides on coffee for herself as well. She decided on a caramel macchiatto for them both, making hers an iced one. Once she had both drinks made, she went back to the office and sat his drink down off to one side. She took a seat and went about opening up various spreadsheets that she used to track orders, payroll and receipts for the bar.

"Do you want me to email these to you, or do you have a flash drive to copy them onto?"

She grabbed her drink and took a sip, swirling the ice around some before setting it back down on the desk.
PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2011 7:44 pm

"Email would take too long."
Antonio digs into his laptop bag and retrieves a small, locked container with various flashdrives in it. After a moment of sorting through them, he pulls out one that specifically has information on his sister's business and plugs it into his laptop. It prompts him for a password, which he quickly types, then begins adding new and updated files from his laptop onto it. When he's finished, he pulls out the flashdrive and moves over to katana's laptop.

"This is everything I have. I have yet to make an additional back-up, so try not to lose it."
He then proceeds to plug the flashdrive into her laptop, sliding it over to himself for a moment to type the password in for her before handing it back and returning to his own laptop, having a small sip of the coffee katana provided.

Omnompoeia

katana68

Partying Conventioneer

PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2011 7:53 pm

She rolled her eyes at him and proceeded to copy the business files onto his flash drive.

"I think I'm computer literate enough to copy a few files to your flash drive without erasing the entire contents of the drive. rolleyes "

She double checked to make sure all the files were on the drive and was about to eject it when she noticed something unusual. User Image

"Ummm, Tony? Why do you have a file named "Poetry Penalty" on here with all the bar spreadsheets? confused "

She gave him a questioning look and grabbed her coffee for another sip.
PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2011 8:05 pm

"Poetry...?" Antonio looks at her oddly at first, then suddenly turns red with embarrassment when he realizes what it is. "Ah... that... that's nothing! If you're done with the files, you can just go ahead and return the drive to me." He holds out his hand eagerly, waiting for her to just give it back. sweatdrop

The file is just a text document that reads:
Quote:
Never did I expect to see
Coming out of Italy
The six Ladies of Most Wanted Bar.
How so interesting each of them are.

Psyzapp-d, as she calls herself now
But is still Triny to me anyhow
With her judgments, I might not always accede
But respect for her I will forever heed.

The untrusting Katana. Woman or sword?
She acts strictly on her own accord.
Her sensibilities are as fiery as her hair
To which only the look in her eyes can compare

We've scarcely met, miss Icy Reign
But from your presence, I wish not to abstain.
At being cunningly thorough, you've perfected the art
Perhaps a woman after my own heart.

This "demoness", I'm expected to believe,
For her affection, many men are sure to aggrieve
Her physique, I admit, has even made me a fan
Of the lovely Lady Leko-chan.

damecharlie, I know you only by your file
From it, I can see, you are known to beguile
Both men and women to fulfill your needs.
I should certainly be mindful of your deeds.

The fox spirit, Liada, I do not know well
But from our encounters, I can already tell
She's a wild one indeed, unequivocally bold
With her addition, who knows what mischief will unfold.

Omnompoeia

katana68

Partying Conventioneer

PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2011 8:11 pm

She arched an eyebrow at Tony and ejected the drive, wondering what had him so nervous all of a sudden. She handed the drive over to him and leaned back in her chair, crossing her legs as she did so.

"Dabbling in something other than crunching numbers now, Tony? lol "

She chuckled and looked at him, "You're blushing...makes me wish I had opened that file to see what it was now."
PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2011 8:16 pm

Immediately, Antonio snatches the drive from her and plugs it into his own laptop, punching in the password and immediately deleting the file off the drive.
"I'm not blushing stare I just didn't realize I had accidentally put an irrelevant file on the drive is all, but now that has been remedied."

He breathes out a sigh of relief and takes another drink of coffee before he starts looking over the files katana added to his drive.

Omnompoeia

katana68

Partying Conventioneer

PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2011 8:27 pm

"Mhmm, you may say you're not blushing, but your face says otherwise. lol "

She took a sip of coffee and rolled her chair over next to Tony so she could see what he was looking at, in case she needed to answer any questions.

"The quarterly reports are current up to the end of June. I'm not sure how long you'll be in town, but if you want me to email you any future reports, give me your email address and I'll copy you along with Psy's accountants."
PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2011 8:41 pm

Antonio retrieves a business card with his email and cell number on it from his coat and hands it over to katana. "I wouldn't recommend using the cell number unless you don't mind international long-distance charges."

He then starts opening several files just to see what's on them to familiarize himself with how katana labeled and organized them.

Omnompoeia

katana68

Partying Conventioneer

PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2011 8:47 pm

She took the card and went back to her laptop, opening up her address book on there and entered Tony's information.

"Trust me, if I ever felt the need to contact you in Italy, it would be because of an emergency here. You don't strike me as the type for idle chitchat anyways. lol "

She chuckled again and closed her address book, but left the laptop on in case he needed anything else she might have on there.
PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2011 8:57 pm

"There's certainly a time and place for everything and 'idling' is something I hardly have the time and place for."

As he speaks, he has started renaming some of the files katana put on his drive to better fit in with his method of organizing.

"About how much of this information hardly leaves the premises? I'm trying to get a rough estimate of how much of this I don't already have from Triny's office at the estate."

Omnompoeia

katana68

Partying Conventioneer

PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2011 9:19 pm

She thought for a moment. "Well, let's see here. I send copies of everything to the accounting firm, and to Psy as well. Now, as to what all she has out at the estate, I really have no idea. She seems to split her time between here and the estate, and I've never questioned her as to where she saves her copies. She has a private office in her quarters as well. Neither one of us keeps any financial information up here in the office...this is used more as a meeting space than anything else."

She took another drink of her coffee. "Now, as far as how I do things, I back everything up on an external hard drive that's kept in a safe in my quarters. All my stuff on my laptop is password protected as well."
PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2011 9:42 pm

"If you keep your laptop here, your backups should be offsite. You should only have your backups and your primary copies in the same place if you are updating the backups. To have them both here jeopardizes all the information, since if something were to happen to this place or more specifically, your quarters, all of it could potentially be lost. Even with you sending on the files to others, it could take some work to get back everything you had if others are not keeping track of it very well. Never trust that someone else is going to have a perfect copy of the information you have."

He keeps his eyes on his laptop the entire time that he's speaking, rearranging and renaming files.
"A location not closely associated with you or this business would be the safest for a backup. In the event someone was trying to steal information, the first place they would come is here, but the security seems pretty tight. The next thing they would do is search the private homes of those in charge. Triny doesn't keep information too sensitive at her estate so I'm not too concerned with file management. I don't know how many others have this information or where they're putting it, though."

He takes his hands off the keyboard for a moment to take a drink of his coffee.

Omnompoeia

katana68

Partying Conventioneer

PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2011 9:57 pm

She nodded as he spoke.

"Well, as far as the others that have this information, that would be her accounting firm. I have two people as a point of contact there. But I'll take your suggestion of using an offsite backup and look into it. 3nodding "

She stood and tossed her cup and powered her laptop off. She placed it back into the bag and looked at Tony.

"I'm not a business card person, so I'll email you my contact information. That way when you're back in Italy, you can get in touch with me if you need to. But for now, I'm calling it a night and I'll see you later. biggrin Night, Tony."

She did the security measures and slipped into the corridor after waving to Tony, then made her way to her quarters to retire for the evening.
Geezerville ~ RP's

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 5236 5237 5238 5239 5240 5241 ... 5973 5974 5975 5976 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games