Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Back to Guilds

A Dungeons & Dragons Roleplaying Guild - We have many active games, join requests are checked often, and everyone is accepted. 

Tags: Dungeons, Dragons, Roleplaying, Dungeons and Dragons 

Reply [L5R 3eR] Jade Legacy --- --- --- --- [Closed]
Jade Legacy [L5R 3eR] - Act 1: Atsumari/Gathering Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 51 52 53 54 55 56 ... 170 171 172 173 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

PostPosted: Wed Nov 17, 2010 3:22 pm
@ Poetry Competition:

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

The base TN is now 15!

After Hisashi would give the category - Purification - he would start off the current round with his own haiku.

Ide Jiro would think for a few moments, before doing his own.

{Storytelling (Poetry) roll of 42}

"Maiden undresses
Waterfall's yearning embrace
Cleansing body and soul."

At this point, Benjiro would sigh, and Jiro would be receiving the dirty look from Koan now.

Bayushi Kojiro, you're up!  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 17, 2010 3:26 pm
@ Jiujutsu Duel:

Sosuke would go wide-eyed as the Kakita beat him to the punch! But as he found out, it was figuratively, not literally. He would easily sidestep the blow, and he couldn't help but laugh.

"Oh Fortunes, you too? Bishamon will frown upon us this day!" Sosuke would laugh again, and go full defense, unprepared to throw any blows yet.

{Full Defense roll of 24, Void added to defense}

Zanzen, you're up!  

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

Raganui Minamoto rolled 3 10-sided dice: 9, 7, 6 Total: 22 (3-30)

Raganui Minamoto

Distinct Prophet

PostPosted: Wed Nov 17, 2010 3:31 pm
@ Jiujutsu Duel:

"I am a craftsman of the blade. I never thought I would need unarmed skills. As such, you must forgive me for what may become a deplorable performance." He returned the laugh and charged in, attempting to break past his defense with a quick series of jabs.

Full Attack, All 3 raises on lowering TN, making him TN 9.

3k3

(gotta remember, it doesn't explode)  
Raganui Minamoto rolled 5 10-sided dice: 10, 8, 1, 6, 10 Total: 35 (5-50)
PostPosted: Wed Nov 17, 2010 3:37 pm
Damage: 2k1

Had to look it up.

Explosion! So 10+1=11  

Raganui Minamoto

Distinct Prophet

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

PostPosted: Wed Nov 17, 2010 3:53 pm
@ Lore Competition:

All Medicine skills are now TN 20!

All Battle skills are now TN 15!

After Seichiro's lore, Kan would smile upon the Matsu and nod, then proceed with is own lore. "Our current Emperor, Toturi I, originally hailed from the Lion as Akodo Toturi. Due to the strife at the time, it was not made clear outside of the Lion Clan that Toturi was the son of a married couple, Akodo Daio and Matsu Sodohime. It is the first time that an Akodo and a Matsu had wed; Emperor Toturi's very birth can be seen as a symbol of reform in Rokugan." {Lore: Heraldry of 34 vs TN 10}

All Lore: Heraldry skills are now TN 15!

Soshi Maru would be the next up, and there would be a brief smile in Kyumi's direction, before she would speak. "Though typically reserved for Eta, some samurai learn the intricacies of the body to learn how to better treat injuries. Though this is often a difficult part of a samurai's training, since it involves... lots of study..." {Spending a Void, Anatomy roll of 13 vs TN 5+5; deceit (seduction) roll of 31 vs Kenichi's Etiquette of 21; 14 for her Sleight of Hand}

All Anatomy skills are now TN 10!

Asahina Kenichi would turn bright red and suddenly stand. "I-I beg your pardon, Kita-sama." He would then leave in an extremely hurried manner.

Asahina Kenichi has forfeited!

Kaiu Kagae, you're up!  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 17, 2010 4:04 pm
@ Jiujutsu Competition:

24 was the result of his Full Defense roll. Not his new TN to be Hit. And a Full Attack only gives you two raises. However, a 32 still beat his TNtbH by 1!

Isawa Sosuke was pretty confident about his chances to evadWHAM! The sudden blow almost knocked him right down, as he whirled around, surprised! {11 damage, Sosuke is Nicked}

"Well, then! Two can play at that game." Shifting his Void to damage, he would retort with his own Full Attack, spending two free for damage, three for accuracy. Clenching his fist tightly, he wouold suddenly pound it into the center of the Crane's face with surprising ferocity! {Jiujutsu roll of 19+15 vs TN 26+3, hit; 13 damage; Zanzen is Hurt!}

Zanzen, you're up!  

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

Mongooseh rolled 7 10-sided dice: 6, 9, 2, 3, 2, 7, 5 Total: 34 (7-70)

Mongooseh

Distinct Raider

8,825 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Guildmember 100
  • Hellraiser 500
PostPosted: Wed Nov 17, 2010 4:04 pm
"There is another way of attacking an enemy fortress if you have a large amount of workers at hand. Mining underneath the enemy walls and striking from within, a risky tactic but if you wish to risk it you may find great rewards in your battles." Carried on Kagae with ease.

(6+9 = 15+5 = 20+7= 27+3= 30 vs tn 10)  
Raganui Minamoto rolled 3 10-sided dice: 1, 6, 2 Total: 9 (3-30)
PostPosted: Wed Nov 17, 2010 4:12 pm
@Jiujutsu Competition:

He grunted and staggered back. "That... was a good hit." Taking his own defense back into the equation, Zanzen skips left and tries a downward slice with his arm.

3k3, calling all raises to lower TN  

Raganui Minamoto

Distinct Prophet

Plainsfox rolled 4 10-sided dice: 7, 4, 3, 3 Total: 17 (4-40)

Plainsfox

Romantic Paladin

10,600 Points
  • Battle Hardened 150
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Bunny Hunter 100
PostPosted: Wed Nov 17, 2010 4:14 pm
@The Poetry Competition

Kojiro listened attentively to his fellow contestant's haikus as he followed the Seppun. The Scorpion nearly stumbled as he heard the Yoritomo's topic. Purification? The Mantis dare talk of purification? Don't they know of purification's price? Unbidden images of Rin colored his thoughts. Did your choice purify you, Rin?

Lost Love Trait Activated
Void point spent to deactivate Lost Love

My duty demands I do not dwell on it. I'm not in a position to mope that I lost her, Lord Bayushi. Our Clan would not let me. Maybe one day....

Kojiro calmed himself with a deep breath before beginning his haiku.
Tears drop to the earth.
Love betrayed purifies you?
Spring begins again...

The Scorpion scowled inwardly as he bowed deeply to Seppun Benjiro and his fellow contestants. His prose sounded little better than emotional garbage. This is what I get for thinking I can be better than a Kami in anything. Pfah! I should be glad I didn't drop dead from hubris then and there!

OOC: 4k3; Void point spent for trained skill roll.
Result: 14  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 17, 2010 5:51 pm
@ Poetry Competition:

Seppun Benjiro would turn and speak to Bayushi Kojiro suddenly.

You've done very well. But, your words have too much pain. That's enough for now." Benjiro would explain to Kojiro, deeming that the Scorpion had had enough.

Bayushi Kojiro has been eliminated  

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

Plainsfox rolled 3 10-sided dice: 7, 3, 4 Total: 14 (3-30)

Plainsfox

Romantic Paladin

10,600 Points
  • Battle Hardened 150
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Bunny Hunter 100
PostPosted: Wed Nov 17, 2010 6:20 pm
@ The Poetry Competition

Kojiro nodded and again bowed as he made his leave. The scorpion slowly made his way back to the tent and slipped inside. Taking careful notice to see that nothing was out of the ordinary, Kojiro would collapse on his cot.

OOC: Perception/Investigation (notice) 3k2 explodies drawn from the unkept die.  
Raganui Minamoto rolled 4 10-sided dice: 7, 6, 8, 8 Total: 29 (4-40)
PostPosted: Wed Nov 17, 2010 6:25 pm
2k1 damage from somehow hitting.

Raganui Minamoto

Distinct Prophet

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

PostPosted: Wed Nov 17, 2010 6:30 pm
@ Poetry Competition:

After gesturing to Doji Koan to continue, the Crane would give his own haiku about purification.

{Storytelling (Poetry) roll of 22 vs TN 15!}

"The ume blossoms
Lands awash in sea of white -
All is born anew."

The base TN is now 20!

Jiro would interlock his fingers, cracking his knuckles as a mischievous grin marred his handsome complexion. "A good cup of sake," he would declare, winking at Hisashi.

{Storytelling (Poetry) roll of 32 vs TN 20!}

"Cricket's lullaby
Sung to a cup of rice wine -
All wrongs are righted."

Doji Koan would follow up with his own, though he wasn't quite as ready for this one as the rest.

{Storytelling (Poetry) roll of 21 vs TN 20!}

"Air of bitter chill -
World grows forevermore still.
Sake warms the soul."

Yoritomo Hisashi, you're up!

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 17, 2010 6:45 pm
@ Jiujutsu Duels:

Using the leverage of Sosuke's punch, Zanzen would duck forth and delivered a chopping blow to the man's chest! {7 damage, for a total of 18; Sosuzke is grazed!}

Seeing how easily the Crane got hurt, Sosuke finally figured out his advantage in this battle. "You fight with much spirit, but your blows lack stopping power, Zanzen-san. Let us test your luck, shall we?"

Sosuke goes full attack, spending both free raises for accuracy, and focusing his Void into damage! {23+10 vs TN 24+5} Sosuke would bring the his fist into Zanzen's abdomen, as if smashing him with the haft of a polearm; the blow was devestatingly powerful, threatening to wipe Zanzen out then and there! {18 damage, for a total of 31; pending Void, Zanzen is Out!}  

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

Sutiiven rolled 4 10-sided dice: 4, 10, 6, 6 Total: 26 (4-40)

Sutiiven

Dapper Conversationalist

5,150 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Friendly 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
PostPosted: Wed Nov 17, 2010 8:51 pm
@ Poetry Competition

"Hark! The warm winds dance.
Cherry blossoms burst alive.
Drink sake - toast spring.
"

Hark! The warm winds dance.
Cher-ry bloss-oms burst a-live.
Drink sa-ke - toast spring.

5/7/5. Kigo: warm, cherry blossoms, spring. Kireji: included.

(Storytelling (Poetry) Check 4k3 vs TN 20)  
[L5R 3eR] Jade Legacy --- --- --- --- [Closed]

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 51 52 53 54 55 56 ... 170 171 172 173 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games