Welcome to Gaia! ::

Shinobi Nations ( Naruto Rp Guild )

Back to Guilds

Gaia's most ambitious guild. Now updating! 

Tags: Naruto, Boruto, Villages, Ninja, Shinobi 

Reply ❧ [ Hidden Leaf Village } Konohagakure
❧ || Housing Facility: Apartments Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

BlackFruity

Crew

Lucky Loiterer

PostPosted: Mon Mar 15, 2021 11:56 pm
User Image

Inka Hizara 

Amber eyes watched as Minowa looked up to him, as though for confirmation, or maybe even permission, and it pulled at Inka's smile. "Would you like to say hello?" He asked, knowing Minowa hasn't had the most charismatic outlook to meeting people, and he was far too young when he lost Syy. Inka leaned back on in his heels, feeling more than hearing the presence of Minowa's Anbu guard leaving the apartment like a cold wind suddenly at his back. When he saw Minowa reach down to place a hand on Itoko and start to approach the other man, Inka continued speaking.

"This it Itoko, Minowa's companion Binturong." He trailed off, amber eyes locking onto scars around the other man's wrists that Inka knew he hadn't had before, and it sent a shock of fear into Inka's mind - maybe this was a lie - before the more reasonable assumption of - captured, tortured - overruled it. Inka forced his shoulders to loosen, knowing how sensitive both the young boy and animal were to his emotions as they were to each others. Inka pursed and relaxed his lips but didn't go on to explain how Minowa came to find Itoko, not yet, anyway.

As Minowa was engulfed in a hug not unlike the one Inka had subjected Syy to not minutes ago, Itoko ducked under the arms, staying pressed against the Genin's legs as it sniffed the older Senju, taking in the scent, ears flicking back and forth along with its tail as it kept catching the distinctive smell of the other animal that had chased them through the hospital. Even Minowa could smell it. But the dog wasn't there, so that was fine.

"It's Minowa's turn to cook tonight." Inka cleared his throat after a few moments. "Would you like to help us?"

ch 825 // 1,030 | 850 // 950 st
                  ⧼ Father ⬘ Mizukage ⬘ Godaime ⬘ Bukijutsu ⬘ Performer ⧽

T e c h n i q u e s :
                  • Speed ► Slight [Moderate Buki] [Heavily when drawing Small Weapons] [Moderate in smoke] [Heavily Buki in smoke ] [ Supreme when drawing Small Weapons in smoke ]
                  • Reflex ► Supreme

O t h e r :

astrasinthewild

Quote:

Quote:

PostPosted: Tue Mar 16, 2021 12:11 am
User Image
↳ᴵ ʰᵃᵛᵉ ᵉᵛᵉʳᵞ ʳᵉᵃ≀ᵒᵑ ᵗᵒ ᶠᵢᵍʱᵗ↰

Syy had his head buried in Minowa’s hair, just taking in that he was holding his son. He was actually holding him. He had wrapped his arms around Minowa when the boy had let him and his hand cradled the back of his head, the other gently touching the side of his face as if to make sure he didn’t disappear. He lifted his head as Inka told him about Itoko, the binturong, and caught the flash of alarm on Inka’s face and the hesitation in his voice. A brief flicker of confusion and then Ah. he couldn’t hide the scars. Not really. Certainly not while holding Minowa. Indeed, his sleeves had pulled up further, revealing scars that appeared both inflicted by torture and some, a very few, self inflicted. Attempts to end his captivity, often prevented by the very thing that had held him captive. Those brief moments where he had been awake, where being trapped had felt like eternity. When he couldn’t get back into the dreams and the memories...those that were self-inflicted had the appearance of bite marks. Of flesh torn. Again, a flush of shame colored his cheeks but he covered it by gently kissing Minowa’s hair, ducking his head “Itoko-san.” he said gently, leaning back and lowering one hand for the binturong to sniff the fingers. He let his other hand drop to gently hold Minowa’s hand, allowing Itoko and Minowa to choose how to proceed “I...I apologize for Aika. Earlier.” he clarified, speaking to both “She just wants to make friends.” no doubt the scent of the wolf-dog was almost as dominant as his own scent. He had spent a year at least with her as his only companion. Feeling a slight guilt at having left her behind, he also knew she would not have been able to handle the changes and meetings. She was too young still, too excited. At Inka’s offer of including him, Syy...hesitated. He wanted to stay. He didn’t want to lose them again already, even though it was not a loss if they were still here. But “If you do not have a previous obligation...” he said carefully, thinking of the younger man from the ramen shop, his eyes clear what was on his mind “I would very much like to help with cooking.”

┤| 𝕊𝕪𝕡𝕙𝕖𝕣 𝕁. 𝕊𝕖𝕟𝕛𝕦 |├

〚 𝕊 ⎚ ℝᵃᵑᵏ 〛〚 𝕊ᵘᵢᵗᵒᵑ 〛〚 𝔻ᵒᵗᵒᵑ 〛〚 𝔽ᵘᵘᵗᵒᵑ 〛〚 ℕᵢᵑʲᵘᵗ≀ᵘ 〛〚 ℍᵞᵒᵗᵒᵑ 〛〚 𝕄ᵒᵏᵘᵗᵒᵑ

ᵢ ᶩᵒ≀ᵗ ᵃᶩᶩ ᵗʰᵃᵗ ᵢ ᶜᵃᵑ ᵍᵢᵛᵉ

BlackFruity

astrasinthewild

10,850 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Window Shopper 100
  • Signature Look 250

BlackFruity

Crew

Lucky Loiterer

PostPosted: Tue Mar 16, 2021 12:41 am
User Image

Inka Hizara 

"No," Inka stated as he stood up, stretching his neck slightly as he did so. "Any work I have to do can wait till after." He explains, misreading the subtext in Syy's words. Amber eyes looked down to Minowa, noticing how quiet he was, even for him. "Who is Aika, Minowa?" Inka began rolling up his sleeves, tight and functional, but messily creasing the fabric without much care beyond not tearing it. A black robe was hung up in the entrance to the apartment, but a quick glance showed the symbol of the Mizukage was hidden in the folds. Good. He wasn't ready for that conversation just yet. He remembered the fights they had about that - about a few things, actually - and tonight just wasn't the time for it.

"A dog in the window." Minowa started explaining his small (mis)adventure at the hospital. Without much prompting, he would grab the ingredients from the fridge and pantry, enlisting the aid of Itoko to grab something from the higher shelf at one point, all while speaking in a calm, collected manner about breaking through an air conditioning unit before proceeding to crawl around the vent systems with someone named Chihiro and her own dog named Botamochi. Inka could only snort in amusement, having been prewarned - somewhat - about what his son had been up to today. After Itoko had retrieved something from the upper shelves of the pantry, it ended up curled across Inka's shoulders from there on, staring intently down at the food that passed through Minowa's hands.

Inka looked over to Syy, regarding him for a second before waving him closer, indicating to help Minowa cut up some of the ingredients. With Minowa standing on a small step to help him reach everything, the eleven year old filled up a rice cooker with precise motions, only hesitating when Inka reminded him how much extra he'd need for a third plate tonight. He would then start peeling some mushrooms. Inka stood guard at the stove top, heating a large saucepan and occasionally adjusting a Binturong tail out of his face.

ch 840 // 1,030 | 875 // 950 st

T e c h n i q u e s :
                  • Speed ► Slight [Moderate Buki] [Heavily when drawing Small Weapons] [Moderate in smoke] [Heavily Buki in smoke ] [ Supreme when drawing Small Weapons in smoke ]
                  • Reflex ► Supreme

O t h e r :

astrasinthewild

Quote:

Quote:

PostPosted: Tue Mar 16, 2021 1:05 am
User Image

Syy couldn’t help but feel comforted by Inka’s continuous inability to actually read people and what they were trying to imply. He’d always been a more straight forward person and seeing even just this small similarity to what he remembered was a comfort. As Inka and Minowa got ready to cook, he carefully took off his outer robe and winced at the sight of his arms. The inner shirt was a shortsleeve one, with the sleeves ending just above his elbows. He swallowed and glanced into the kitchen, watching Inka roll up his sleeves Deep breaths. His arms were riddled with scars. Some were old and faint, and would be familiar to Inka, but there were some that were horrifically new and still visible. Along the backs of his arms, jagged circles appeared to have been carved into his skin and muscles, haphazardly all across his biceps and disappearing along his shoulders under his collar. There were places along his forearm where the limb had been twisted, broken, and put back together, leaving a faint discolored line about an inch thick. In addition to the ones on his wrists, scars trailed between his fingers and up along the back of his hand. There was no telling what the rest of him looked like.

He took a shaky breath as he dropped his outer robe on the couch. It will be fine. Joining them in the kitchen, he took some ingredients and stood beside Minowa, helping to hand him things as he started to chop up the vegetables. He helped add more rice, making sure that enough was getting into the cooker so no one would be hungry “She is my companion.” Syy added once Minowa had finished explaining his misadventures, not appearing at all startled by his son’s actions “I found her when-” he paused, the knife he was using to cut up some root vegetable stopping mid cut as he swallowed. Letting out a breath and continuing the cutting motion, he finished “I found her after I-” frustration. It didn’t show but every hesitation to speak was a reminder that he was as broken inside as he was damaged outside “I found her. She’s about a year and a half, a wolf-dog mix.” he finally said, disappointed in himself as he dumped the root vegetables into a bowl to await being added to the saucepan “I will introduce you when you are willing.” he said, both to Minowa and Itoko but also to Inka. His hands had stopped shaking once he had something to do with them but small tremors still made the tips of his fingers tap the kitchen counter silently. Syy gripped one wrist and watched Itoko, following the binturong’s tail with his eyes “Pap-Inka told me you are a genin now.” he had almost said “Papa” when referring to Inka. He didn’t know if he was allowed to use that endearment with Inka...but Syy kept his focus on Minowa, taking the next food item to be cut up “Is Itoko-san a genin as well?” he meant that Itoko would have the same rank as Minowa but it sounded like he was asking if Itoko was also a genin. A little frown came between his brow, unsure of how else to phrase it and then just let it go, carefully cutting still.

┤| 𝕊𝕪𝕡𝕙𝕖𝕣 𝕁. 𝕊𝕖𝕟𝕛𝕦 |├

BlackFruity

astrasinthewild

10,850 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Window Shopper 100
  • Signature Look 250

BlackFruity

Crew

Lucky Loiterer

PostPosted: Tue Mar 16, 2021 4:35 am
User Image

Inka Hizara 

It was obvious when Inka noticed the scars; his shoulders went tense and he breathed in hard through his nose. Amber eyes were locked on the damaged tissue, glaring at the scars for a long moment before he forced his gaze away, replacing it instead with his hand, tan and calloused, gently rubbing the arm in a single swipe, pausing for his thumb rub a small circle, and he was back to cooking again, the simmering of the pan matching his anger and causing Itoko to curl tighter around his neck.

"Ptah!" Inka puffed his breath against the tail that tried to cover his mouth. "Who raised you?" He muttered at the Binturong, half turning his head to regard Itoko proper. His voice was void of anger but full of dry sarcasm instead. All he got in return was a pair of unrepentant yellow eyes staring back. With a small huff, he returned to cooking, a little calmer than before. An eyebrow ticked down in hearing Syy's difficulty in speaking about Aika and again he brushed a - hopefully comforting - hand against the older Senju, but this time his upper arm.

"Another animal in the house?" He questioned absently, more concerned with the pan before him than the thought of yet more fur on the couch. "You gonna start sleeping under the bed as well?" He asked without any thought about the words he had used. He blinked, amber eyes flickering up to Syy in apology and guilt before returning to his task and going on to explain, "Minowa and Itoko prefer sleeping in close quarters." He explained. "Two peas in a floor-based pod." He spoke more directly to Minowa this time, forcing a sliver of humour into his tone.

"But I'll get a rope bed when we get home." Minowa reminded Inka. The brunette smiled, wide and toothy.

"As a reward for being able to sleep in a normal bed." Inka explained to Syy. Honestly, so long as Minowa doesn't lose the ability to sleep a full night in a real bed, he couldn't fully enforce a reason why he couldn't sleep in small spaces from time to time. Hearing Syy ask Minowa a question Inka took the brief distraction for both of them to steal some chopped veg for himself and Itoko, deliberately slower than he could be but Minowa wasn't paying enough attention to notice anyway. So he swiped some more again. Even Itoko was in on the game, turning its upper body away to hide behind Inka's head before turning back and grabbing the second treat proffered and again hiding its ill-gotten gain to eat it quickly.

"Itoko can't officially be called a Genin." Minowa explained, dry and to the point, but his tone still sounded kind. He was stating a fact not to belittle but simply to impart knowledge that might be of use to the other person. Inka pursed his lips to help himself try not to laugh. "Because Genin are working for the village, but Itoko only does it because he's my friend." Blue eyes look down to the counter again, frown at the pile of cut veggies, then look up at Inka instead. The Hizara lifted his eyebrows in return but didn't say anything, causing Minowa to sigh and return to cutting, his pale fingers used to holding a blade now. "Itoko found me in the tree roots," Inka froze, breathing in sharp through his nose but he didn't tell Minowa to stop, because he told Minowa he could always talk about it and "when Sero locked everyone out."

"And they've been inseparable ever since." Inka interjected. "Well, almost." He shifts his shoulders gently to make a point of the Binturong still perched up on him. "Get familiar enough and this little fella will only be wanting your shoulders." He warned. "The pair of them, actually."

ch 855 // 1,030 | 890 // 950 st

T e c h n i q u e s :
                  • Reflex ► Supreme

O t h e r :

astrasinthewild

Quote:

Quote:

PostPosted: Tue Mar 16, 2021 9:20 am
User Image

Syy felt Inka’s hand on his arm, his movements with the cutting knife pausing at Inka’s touch, his eyes focused only on the vegetables. Again. Touch. It wasn’t the same as with the doctors or with Masahiro. He didn’t pull away in fear, terrified of being hurt. The tension was still there, in the muscles under his skin and in his throat, but he was able to breathe through it. He had to. At the strange noise Inka made, however, he glanced up and watched Itoko’s tail with a kind of peculiar wonder I wonder...if Itoko-san’s tail could hold something? it seemed limber enough and Syy immediately suppressed the urge to find something for the binturong to hold with his tail. At another touch from Inka, this time on his upper arm, he flashed his eyes up to meet Inka’s amber ones, a quiet gratefulness, before going back to the veggies. He slid them off the cutting board and into the bowl to join the others as Inka commented on another animal in the house.

His motion stopped, the board hovering over the bowl as veggies slowly slid into it, his eyes cloudy. Inka’s words seemed to have struck a cord but “No, I don’t think I would fit. My feet would stick out.” was that...humor? A joke? Mirth? Syy put the cutting board down and found he had no more vegetables to cut, his face revealing nothing about the previous remark. A rope bed. He tilted his head a bit as he walked the cutting board over to the sink and turned on the water, gently washing the remnants off and into the sink Was that like a hammock? Or was it a woven bed like- the cutting board jerked in his hands and he dropped it, feeling a rapid tightness in his chest “Sorry.” he said quickly, hiding his features. Roots woven under and over him. And in his skin. Under it. Syy finished rinsing the board as Minowa explained that Itoko was his friend and so was not serving a village.

Setting the cutting board to dry, Syy rejoined the three, peering over Inka’s shoulder and Itoko’s head easily to look at the simmering pan. He turned as Minowa silently consulted the pile of vegetables, recognizing that it was likely smaller than it should have been for some reason but it didn’t appear to bother his son much. He reached out, to take some as well perhaps, but his hand froze as Minowa spoke again. In the roots of the Sero. His mind was tangled. Minowa had been there. He’d been in the roots. He’d nearly suffered the same fate as Syy, lost in the roots and left behind. Except It must have been after the Sero established. he realized, for Syy had been in the roots as well only...he’d been under them. Under the Sero, in the root ball. The pause was brief but then he reached out and took a small bit of root vegetable with two fingers. Turning, he offered it to Itoko “Thank you.” Syy said to the binturong For saving my son from sharing my own fate. “I hope I can be worthy of providing shoulder rides some day.” again, that dry, almost borderline humorous way of speaking. It was impossible to tell if he was being sarcastic or not. If Itoko took the vegetable, Syy would lick his fingers to get the vegetable taste off them. If he didn’t, he’d eat the vegetable himself. Both events would occur while giving Minowa a slightly mischievous look. It would distract from the fact that his other hand was clenched in a fist so tightly his fingernails were cutting into his palm again.

┤| 𝕊𝕪𝕡𝕙𝕖𝕣 𝕁. 𝕊𝕖𝕟𝕛𝕦 |├

BlackFruity

astrasinthewild

10,850 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Window Shopper 100
  • Signature Look 250

BlackFruity

Crew

Lucky Loiterer

PostPosted: Wed Mar 17, 2021 3:38 am
User Image

Inka Hizara 

Inka huffed out a noise of amusement, caught off-guard by the joke - and the image. "Of course." He muttered, smirk on his lips but attention still seemingly on the saucepan, cooking up a hefty portion of meat, even considering it was for all three of them. Amber eyes instinctively flicked over to the sink at the loud clattering, not expecting the noise and worrying that it may have been Minowa dropping something. "Mhm," He hummed in reply, relaxing his shoulders once more, and not paying much mind as to the cause of the noise, chalking it up to just an ordinary mishap.

Inka pulled his gaze away from the saucepan once again to peer over his shoulder and the muscled mound of fur to regard Syy, having heard the words of gratitude and knowing Syy felt what Inka felt when he had heard Itoko had been there with Minowa when he couldn't. Even just sending Minowa to the academy, knowing Itoko was there too was a huge relief. He saw Itoko eye the proffered treat, bobbing his head slightly, but Inka could already tell the outcome. Sure enough, after a few cautious back and forths, Itoko snatched up the treat and began gobbling away, the chewing particularly loud and moist in Inka's ear.

"I have a feeling it won't be too long from now." The Hizara replied with a wry smirk. "Especially if there is a dog running around." He huffed a noise as he shook the pan after loading it up with more ingredients, practically overflowing. Without prompting, Minowa was already moving the used and finished utensils and bowls into the sink, but Inka interrupted him. "Why don't you show Syy your room?" He asked. "Show him what you've been reading lately? Take Itoko with ya, I need the arm movement." He said, kneeling down on the floor as the 6-year-old approached, bending close so Itoko would curl around his neck instead. Bright blue eyes would look up to Syy, staring for a few seconds before telling Syy to follow him with a small "This way."

Standing back upright, Inka watched from his periphery as Minowa would lead Syy to his room without even checking to see if the older Senju was following. The door was already open, revealing a neat room except for the scattering of toys for Itoko. A single bed with crisp white and blue sheets, a climbing tree where the bedside table would have been, and a desk where Minowa would clean his shinobi tools. A book on the climbing tree was battered copy of the history of shinobi clans in Konoha, a copy borrowed from the library. Upon entering the room, Minowa let Itoko climb into the tree before sitting down on his own bed, both boy and Binturong looking up at Syy with unblinking, attentive eyes.

ch 870 // 1,030 | 905 // 950 st

T e c h n i q u e s :
                  • Reflex ► Supreme

O t h e r :

astrasinthewild

Quote:

Quote:

PostPosted: Wed Mar 17, 2021 2:32 pm
User Image

Relieved his accident with the cutting board was not noticed, Syy watched Inka add a very generous amount of meat to the meal, tilting his head That is...hm. he didn’t remember if Inka was given to excessive meat eating but Six years. Fairly pleased that Itoko had accepted his offering, Syy licked his fingers clean of the vegetable and stepped back from Inka. For a moment, he had felt the other man’s eyes on him but he turned away before he could meet Inka’s eyes. Shoving his hand into a pocket to hide the cuts that were now bleeding on his palm, he watched Inka load the saucepan with the rest of the ingredients. This was going to be a very large meal, certainly more than he had eaten since before Kirigakure. He wasn’t sure how to feel about that much food but at least he knew he wouldn’t have to eat it alone now “I look forward to it.” he replied to Inka’s comment on Itoko soon taking over Syy’s shoulders but his confidence stumbled at the second comment.

Unsure how to take it, the implication that Aika, and therefore Syy, would be allowed to come back here, Syy was grateful for the distraction Inka presented. As he looked down at Minowa for a second, he felt a bit apprehensive until his son accepted the suggestions. Glancing at Inka, still working away at the cooking, he followed his son, ducking to enter his room. It was clean but he felt a small glow at the sight of toys littered about. From the teeth marks, Syy surmised they belonged to Itoko and he continued to look around. A desk, a climbing tree, bed. Very simple. He leaned a bit as Itoko and Minowa settled in their respective spots, reading the title of the battered book. A bit of a shock as he recognized it “...I’ve read this too.” he said quietly, fingers gently brushing the cover before Itoko made his way up the tree. Stepping back, he slipped one leg behind him and sat smoothly, legs crossing, on the floor in front of Minowa as he sat on the bed. His hands were resting on his knees, the cuts on his left bleeding into the dark cloth of his pant leg underneath his palm.

Syy met Minowa’s gaze, tilting his head slightly I feel like I should know everything I want to ask about already. What is his favorite subject? What did he specialize in? Did they have the same elements? Did he like being a shinobi? What was his favorite color? How many friends did he have? How much of Syy did Minowa remember? Anything? Nothing? They shared a similar tone of blue in their eyes, though Syy’s were littered with more gold than blue. The color combination made them more green but Minowa’s eyes were little sapphires and it made Syy’s heart ache a little. It reminded him of when Minowa was a baby, before all of this had happened, and he had been small enough to hold in one arm. Compared to Syy’s white and dark hair, Minowa’s light blonde, heavily tousled hair was bright. They had dissimilarities, yes “I...I wanted to protect you.” he started, his gaze sad “I am glad Papa was able to do it in my place.” He brought his fingers together in his lap, interlacing them “I-” he titled his head the other way, brows knitting together, as he tried to put his words together “I have a lot I want to ask you. Much of it is things I would already know if I- if the Sero had not happened. Your favorite color, Itoko’s favorite snack, what you like... But I do not think it will be fair if I do all the asking.” Syy knew that Minowa had aged past his true age, he knew because Inka had told him, but it didn’t change how he spoke to him. He had never been one to treat children like small pets or toys, to be talked down to “Do you have anything you want to ask me? I do not know how much Inka has told you. But I will try to answer what he was not able to tell you.”

┤| 𝕊𝕪𝕡𝕙𝕖𝕣 𝕁. 𝕊𝕖𝕟𝕛𝕦 |├

BlackFruity

astrasinthewild

10,850 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Window Shopper 100
  • Signature Look 250

BlackFruity

Crew

Lucky Loiterer

PostPosted: Thu Mar 18, 2021 12:56 am
User Image
User Image
Senju  Bukijutsu  Minowa iJaeger  Kirigakure  Genin  
 Eleven [[ 180/180 ch | 230/230 st ]]  Tamer 

Bright blue eyes stared up at Sypher, watching the older man look around the bedroom he has - at least until they could return to Kirigakure. Nothing of personal value could be seen, tucked away under his bed in a lockbox. The safe place. He blinked, head tilting slightly almost in tandem with Itoko as they watched a grown man sit himself on the floor despite there being no mat to make it comfortable. The both kept that position, Minowa occasionally blinking and Itoko's tail gently swaying, as Syy began talking - apologising. He was apologising about the Sero and Minowa isn't surprised. Almost everyone apologises about the Sero. 'Poor thing,' or 'must have been so scared' were the most common. Grown-up shinobi don't comment too much, unless they're strangers. Syy was his dad, but being a dad and a stranger can be the same thing, can they?

"Blue." Minowa responded after some consideration. "But I don't get why people have favourite colours though." He continues on. "If you like something, you like it. But being in a different colour makes it not likable? I don't get it." He repeats and shakes his head to physically show how the idea just wasn't comprehended. "Itoko likes chocolate, but he's not allowed." Itoko chimes in with a small clicking noise and Minowa glances up at him. "I know Papa treats him though." Blue eyes roam around the room before landing on the book Syy had mentioned having read as well. Reaching over, pale hands picked up the battered hardback and pulled it onto his lap, opening it up to a navy-blue bookmark embossed in gold with a fish motif. The chapter it opened to was near the beginning of the book, detailing the history of the Aburame clan in Konoha, but Minowa looked up to Sypher instead.

"I'm learning about Konohagakure." He began. "I still need a guard to protect me, but I can learn." He looked down and started flipping forward through the pages carefully. "About clans, and poisonous plants, and animals." He stopped on a page where a symbol was printed - a horizontal line with a small, vertical dash in the centre, and two crescent moons on each end of the longer line, facing away from each other. The symbol of the Senju clan. "It doesn't talk about the Mokuton much. I learned more about it through scrolls Papa found instead. Could you teach me more about the Mokuton?" He asked, looking up once again, hands resting palm down gently on the pages, keeping it open.

User Image

I t o k o :
Chakra Pool: 180 // 180
Stamina Pool: 230 // 230

T e c h n i q u e s :
Element : Element Jutsu
• Name
Details

astrasinthewild

Quote:

Quote:

PostPosted: Thu Mar 18, 2021 12:59 pm
User Image

It wasn’t necessarily an apology. Maybe...an explanation. As to why he had been gone so long. That his efforts had been to help, not harm. As Minowa watched him, he watched Minowa, Syy’s expression a mixture of curiosity and perhaps openness to understand his son. There was no pity in his features, only quiet understanding Favorite colors... he leaned back a bit, not uncomfortable on the floor. He’d always preferred the floor to chairs or mats, the small connection that grounded him when he was a kage. Also, this put him at eye level with Minowa “I suppose...people associate colors with connections and emotions. A favorite color is a link to a memory. That’s what I think, anyway.” he shrugged a shoulder though, indicating he didn’t really know why either “If you like something, perhaps it being in a color you like too makes it more precious.”

Inka treating Itoko even though the binturong wasn’t allowed was not that much of a surprise. Inka was, and always had been, gentle in Syy’s memories and this was merely another aspect of him “Papa certainly knows how to spoil.” he said softly, thinking of the stolen veggies that Inka had been feeding Itoko in the kitchen. He watched Minowa take the book on clan history, seeing a blue bookmark, but he waited for Minowa to speak when the boy looked at him. A guard... Syy didn’t know what to think of that. Why did he need a guard? But then Minowa continued to speak and he focused on his son’s words, making a note to ask Inka about that later. He was learning, he said, learning about the village he was in and about other things Poisonous plants and animals? briefly wondering if the interests were somehow related to his choice of shinobi class, Syy felt his breath catch when Minowa mentioned the Mokuton, his eyes dropping to the chapter that the book was now open to.

Mokuton. He felt like his skin was burning, each scar from the Sero suddenly aflame like he was being attacked all over again. His right hand moved automatically, gripping his upper left arm as the left hand clenched into a fist again. Syy swallowed, his head ducking a bit to stare at scars on the back of that clenched fist. Just...breath. he let out a tight breath and relaxed his hand, before looking back up at Minowa “I...can try.” he said hesitantly “I-” he frowned, closed his eyes, then opened them again “I have no parents. None that I know of, at least. As such, I was never accepted by our clan officially.” Our clan. The Senju clan. It left a bit of a bitter taste in his mouth to say that “My knowledge is limited in that regard, in knowledge of the Senju clan itself. I will do my best, though, if you want to learn about the techniques and how the Mokuton works. And about how to use the Mokuton. At the very least, I am well versed in that.” he didn’t want to deal with that damn blood again. But… this was his son. And he wanted to know. So Syy would grit his teeth, bury the trauma, and do his best to teach Minowa as much as he could “I did recently meet someone, however, who may provide some information on the Senju. If you wish to know more, I can speak to him.” Masahiro-san had mentioned that his father had been a Senju. So perhaps Syy could ask him for information regarding the clan if Minowa so wished. But "Why do you want to know about it?" he asked, curiosity clear in his voice. Minowa was a...unique existence. Syy was never quite sure how much of himself was in his son, as his birth had been...different. Did I ever tell him...Does Inka know? he couldn't remember if he had ever told Inka about how he came to have Minowa. About how their son came to exist. Yet another aspect of their shared lives that seemed to have been glossed over We do have much to talk about.

┤| 𝕊𝕪𝕡𝕙𝕖𝕣 𝕁. 𝕊𝕖𝕟𝕛𝕦 |├

BlackFruity

astrasinthewild

10,850 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Window Shopper 100
  • Signature Look 250

BlackFruity

Crew

Lucky Loiterer

PostPosted: Fri Mar 19, 2021 2:16 am
User Image
User Image

Minowa's nose scrunched up, trying to understand how colours and emotions were connected. How to 'like' something and to 'want' something were linked and yet they mean different things. "I like blue." Minowa began, a small crease forming between his eyes. "But I don't want everything blue." He looked up, staring at Syy as if the older man had presented him a puzzle and this conversation was a test. "When I want something, it isn't always blue. If I like something, I may not want it. Even if its blue. If I like..." He paused, face scrunching up more as he tried to untangle the thoughts.

"If I like something, and its blue, I could want it more than the others. But that doesn't mean I don't like the other ones any less. I just want them less. And what I want... doesn't make it precious. Something precious is... different." During his verbal untangle of the two words, Minowa had been slowly starting to lean sideways, his body at a 20-degree angle. "I don't know why I like blue. But I like trees better. And they're green. And brown. And quiet. The trees and animals make sense. People are too different." He admits, straightening up once more before looking down at his hands with frustration obviously forming on his face. "Each one is different and its..."

Minowa presses his lips tight together and makes a noise - frustration, anger, defeat, it was a hard to tell, but even before he had uttered that monosyllable sound Itoko was climbing down from his perch to lie down over Minowa's lap. The Genin moved the book to the side as the Binturong crawled over him before burying his face in the fur and fisting his hands tight in the coarse strands. He sat there, resenting how some kids are mean because he's only six but he looks older and some kids are mean because they think he should be treated like a toddler and some kids are just mean or when Minowa did something wrong but he didn't know it was wrong or weird or odd or he wasn't trying to be funny he was asking a question and

"... people are dumb." He gives up, sounding like a child. Minowa remained with his hands laying on Itoko's back, but turning his head so only half of his face rested in the warm bundle on his lap, shoulders slumped. He huffed and started toying with Itoko's coat, thin fingers alternating between scrunching and twirling absentmindedly, blue eyes looking elsewhere just over Syy's shoulder until the man spoke up again. Minowa listened, the image of patience, if not a little defeated. "Yes, please." He responded when asked if he wanted to speak to someone else regarding the Senju clan, sounding calmer now.

"I already learned how to summon the Mokuton but I don't know everything about it." He explained. "If the clan has secret techniques, or training methods to make it stronger." He went on. "Papa said I might be able to make my own techniques, but I've tried and they don't work. Is it the Mokuton or did I do it wrong? Did you ever make your own techniques?" He inquired, blue eyes brightening slightly and lifting his head from the Binturong's back, both of them now watching Syy intently.

User Image

I t o k o :

T e c h n i q u e s :
• Name
Details

astrasinthewild

Quote:

Quote:

PostPosted: Fri Mar 19, 2021 1:22 pm
User Image

Syy listened as Minowa worked out what he had said, an expression starting to spread across his features. It wasn’t the tired wariness that he had displayed since coming here and it wasn’t the fear that he’d had when walking the streets. It wasn’t even the alarm or discomfort that he’d felt or the hesitation when speaking about the Mokuton. It was...warm. Affectionate, even. An emotion he hadn’t felt in a very long time as he listened to his son puzzle out his words, listening to how Minowa worked through his thought process. It reminded Syy of when he was young, of trying to understand that people could be kind. That it wasn’t all harsh words and cruel beatings and breaking bones or cut skin. As Minowa tilted, Syy subconsciously followed but only tilting his head to a similar angle. His hair brushed the floor easily and he absently noticed he had bits of grass in it from sitting by the river earlier. He heard the noise Minowa made as Itoko moved to sit with him and it broke his heart a little. Because he knew that noise.

“You’re right, liking and wanting something are not the same.” he started to say, pausing only to pick a piece of grass out of his hair “And wanting something doesn’t make it precious. But if, as you said, liking something because it is blue makes you want it more, then it could be more precious. Of course, depending on what it is, it doesn’t make it any less precious if it’s a different color. If Itoko-san were to suddenly turn pink, that would not make him any less important and precious.” his hand came up but he gripped the wrist with his other hand, holding back. He wanted...what? To reach out to Minowa and Itoko as the boy struggled with the emotions he was feeling. And as much as he would like to ruffle his son’s hair and gently pet Itoko, that did not mean it was what the two wanted him to do.

Syy wished he could say something to soothe Minowa’s frustration but… “I...I find that people are frightening.” he allowed, the grip on his wrist tightening a fraction before he let it go “They are unexpected. And yes, they are loud. Unlike trees. Not all of them though.” he felt that warmth again, spreading through his chest, and he reached a hand up to press against the skin. He felt the scar under his fingers, hard and a reminder that not everything was as simple as one might expect “I can’t tell you that you will meet people who are not dumb.” he sighed, dropping his hands back to his lap and looking at Minowa “But there are people who are kind. And quiet. Those who will make all the mean and cruel people unimportant. Who will show you why want and like are different and yet the same. Who will be more precious than anything else in your life.” a small smile, just a bit tilted at one end, “People like Papa. Who will be your favorite, even if they are not blue.”

The smile stayed as Minowa said he would like to speak to someone about the Senju clan and Syy nodded “Very well. His name is Masahiro-san. I’ll speak to him when I see him next and see if he can help. Then, if you’re willing, I’ll have Inka bring you to speak with him.” Inka was still Minowa’s guardian and Syy, despite also being Minowa’s father, would defer to what Inka wanted. And to what Minowa wanted. He felt his chest tighten as his son spoke of the Mokuton, a slight rush of fear that he tried to crush down It’s not the same. It’s not. he knew that his view of the Mokuton had become skewed due to the Sero, that it wasn’t the fault of the blood. That didn’t make it any easier to think that his son had the same potential to be in danger “I knew all the techniques at one point. But if there were secret techniques, I did not find any. I spent a year studying the Senju and Mokuton scrolls but...” he said slowly, thinking back to the last time he had learned the techniques. Nothing in the scrolls had indicated that they had secrets or means of making the Mokuton stronger. Then again “I never needed to make it stronger. The Mokuton is...it’s similar to any other techniques you would learn. It is just that it comes more from within our blood than from the elements around us.” Syy shifted a bit then scooted closer, leaning in and bringing his hands up to illustrate.

The scars on his palms were more easily seen as he flexed his hand, but he didn’t pay them any attention “Mokuton relies on our chakra, just like anything else. The greater your chakra, the stronger your techniques will be.” willing a bit of chakra into existence, his hand glowed suddenly as a blue and gray mist coalesced around his palm and small flickers of white streaked through it. He rolled his fingers through it, making it swirl slightly, turning his palm down and then upwards. The chakra mist followed his movements, slowly moving like a tiny thunder cloud around his fingers. He tilted his head, watching it as he spoke “The control you have over your chakra determines the control you have over your abilities. For creating techniques, control is more important than strength.” he curled his fingers into his palm, twisting his hand slightly and the chakra cloud moved with them, becoming a tiny spinning cyclone. Then he released his fingers and the cloud spread out, circling his hand before alighting on his fingertips and sliding back down into his palm.

Did he make his own techniques...what a loaded question. Syy let his little chakra cloud dissipate, letting go of the strength needed to manifest that tiny amount. He tapped his lower lip, watching Minowa and Itoko “It’s unlikely you did anything wrong in creating a technique.” he started, dropping on hand to rub his ankle “I've created techniques, many of them. But I didn’t start creating techniques until I was a jounin.” suspecting from the intensity of their stares that Minowa would like elaboration, Syy continued “I...focused on combining elements and the Mokuton to create new techniques. Like creating a jutsu that was both doton and suiton. It combined Suiryuudan no Jutsu with a technique that was similar to Dororou and used Mokuton roots to bind the two together. A dragon of water and a tiger of earth that rushed out of each other to destroy everything in their path.” he wished he could remember the name of that technique. It wasn’t one that he had used much, due to its destructive power. The dragon would scream, tearing up the landscape to build the tiger which would burst out of the jaws of the dragon with talons that would rip an enemy to shreds. The resulting damage could be akin to that of an S-rank technique if enough chakra was used “Again...chakra control and the amount of chakra I placed in the technique dictated how strong that technique was. Small enough to take out an individual or...” a village destroyed. Or sealed.

Syy looked up at Minowa, unsure how much more to tell him. Unsure of how much Minowa knew. For now “Min...your class will also dictate whether you can succeed with creating element or Mokuton based techniques.” he said, changing the topic a bit “I succeeded at making techniques because I am skilled at the manipulation of chakra and elements. I’m not sure but if you take after Papa more than me, you may not be able to manipulate your elements as well. This is not to say you cannot create techniques. It just may take more effort.” Syy didn’t mention that he was also heavily specialized, that he held three elements instead of two as well as the bloodline. If a god or gods existed and had crafted someone to be skilled at creating techniques, they could not have done a better job than Syy. But that was not important right now “Can you tell me, Min, what techniques you tried to make?” he didn’t doubt that Minowa would succeed at making whatever techniques he wanted. But perhaps if he knew what his son was trying to do, he could help him.

┤| 𝕊𝕪𝕡𝕙𝕖𝕣 𝕁. 𝕊𝕖𝕟𝕛𝕦 |├

BlackFruity

astrasinthewild

10,850 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Window Shopper 100
  • Signature Look 250

BlackFruity

Crew

Lucky Loiterer

PostPosted: Sat Mar 20, 2021 4:39 am
User Image
User Image

Minowa's face scrunched up again when he was told his favourite colour could make something precious, feeling a little petulant and misunderstood - or maybe he misunderstood and that was just as frustrating because he already understood what felt like so little about the world around him. "Itoko can't be pink - pink isn't a natural camouflage. He would be in danger." Minowa sat upright, feeling protective of his closest friend if only because "Which means he couldn't be with me on missions." Blue eyes turned down to stare at the Binturong, rubbing at it's ears when gold eyes turned to stare back up at him. Because Itoko standing out would put him at too much risk. He wasn't like a Ninken or Ninko, didn't have the kind of agility to dodge danger unless he was in the trees. Like Minowa, the arboreal mammal wasn't built for direct confrontation.

"Mhm..." Minowa hummed, looking down at Itoko still as Syy talked about meeting people. Minami was nice. And calm. Hanae was an enigma. She said stuff that Minowa thought he knew or understood but she either interpreted things differently or he was just wrong from the beginning. She was loud but not scary. Just startling. And Chihiro was like the pup she had; all energy and seeking excitement and it almost felt natural to be a calmer figure, to watch and cater to her energy. But Minami won't come back one day. And Minowa will leave Konoha one day too. Not everyone comes back, Papa told him. Even though he promised he'd keep looking for them. For Dad.

He nodded at Papa bringing him to Masahiro to learn about the Mokuton, but he had stayed silent for much of what Syy had said, just soaking in the words, feeling morose in wondering how anyone could be a precious person when his current experiences weren't so promising. Bright blue eyes stared down at the scars on Syy's palm, feeling Itoko tense for a second as a blue glow bloomed in older man's cupped hands. Minowa pet the Binturong's back, watching the lazy motions with an almost unblinking stare, turning up to Syy's face when he began talking about his own customs, as if he could gain some whole new insight just by the image alone. He frowned at the mention of its destructiveness, not quite appealing to him.

"Papa was from a clan too, but he isn't allowed to learn it." He said, sad not for himself but for his Papa. "Trees are more than just roots and branches but that's almost all that's in the scrolls. Trees smell sweet to attract insects, or smell bad to deter animals, and they can make fruit too. The Mokuton can absorb chakra and seal it away. But trees can also be medicine. And painkillers." Minowa listed off what he knew about all the trees he had read about, still feeling the same desire now as he did then about how he wanted to find the real use for the Mokuton. "It can't be all barriers and hurting others." He said. "Right?" Blue eyes narrowed, determined. "I want to make fruit to give Itoko chakra, and medicine from tree bark. To make new scents to hide my own - or confuse the bugs!" He added, remembering his new-found discovery of the Aburame clan.

User Image

I t o k o :

T e c h n i q u e s :
• Name
Details

astrasinthewild

Quote:

Quote:

PostPosted: Sat Mar 20, 2021 12:08 pm
User Image

┤| 𝕊𝕪𝕡𝕙𝕖𝕣 𝕁. 𝕊𝕖𝕟𝕛𝕦 |├
Syy’s brows knitted together as Minowa’s face became scrunched, sensing that he hadn’t been able to properly explain. But that...was not anything new. Syy had always felt awkward around people, like his attempts to understand and to be understood were sources of ridicule or dismissal. He didn’t know how to talk to anyone, it seemed, but he’d hoped to at least be of some help to his son. Leaning back, he brought both his hands to rest on his ankles “You’re right.” he said gently in response to Itoko being pink and that it was not a natural camouflage. It seemed he and Min had some similarities that were more noticeable than he had perceived. Neither wanted to stand out or be seen.

He didn’t know what Minowa was thinking during his explanation but the frown on his face as he finished speaking said a bit. Syy wished he could do more…be more than just a monster. It circled back to what he had been speaking with Masahiro-san about, about destruction and violence versus art and creation. Sitting opposite his son, listening, Syy felt like he was looking at a mirror reflection of himself. Minowa sought to create and through that creation, make things good. Whereas Syy had been honed as a weapon from an early age, made to be a creator of destructive arts I... he felt a fierceness in his chest, a fiery desire to keep Minowa from that future He will not become like me. Rather than respond right away, Syy thought carefully about what Minowa was asking for. The gold in his eyes seemed to get brighter, outshining the blue, as he watched Minowa pet Itoko, thinking. Truth be told, it sounded less like a jutsu was needed and more like his son should be studying botany or biology. However...there was a way for the Mokuton to be of use. Perhaps finding, as he seemed to be trying to do, a more peaceful use for their blood.

He leaned forward again, one hand stretching out, but this time he touched the floor, his finger spread wide as he thought Perhaps... his eyes were slightly out of focus and his hair slipped out from behind his ear, falling gracefully around him as he slowly moved his hand. It was like he was writing an invisible list on Minowa’s floor, fingers moving and pausing as he pulled as much from his broken memories as he could. It was difficult. Much of what he remembered came in fragments and were distorted, bending as he tried to reach for them mentally. His brow furrowed, Syy spoke slowly with a tone that was both distracted and meditative “There are only one or two techniques that I remember that could work for any of those.” his hand moved slightly, index finger writing the words “Jukai Kōtan” and “Kajukai Kōrin” “But neither of them will do what you want them to...unless you grow a specific type of tree.” the hand that was not occupied with writing came up, his teeth biting into his thumb as he thought. Consumed by the thought, he didn’t realize he had cut himself until iron touched his tongue and even then, he merely wiped his thumb absently on his dark pant without thinking “If you could combine the Jukai Kōtan with an eiseijutsu...no.” he frowned deeply, remembering that unless Minowa was a medic, he would not be able to use the special medical techniques. But there had to be a way. His head tilted, doing a similar motion as Minowa had done earlier.

“If...you use the Jukai Kōtan to grow a specific type of tree, one that already has the properties you are looking for, then you can potentially create a chained technique that will allow you to augment those existing characteristics.” he mused “A deeper grasp of botany, of plants and trees, would help. For the idea of chakra fruit, a simple fruiting or flowering tree would do, anything that produces edible byproducts. You would need a large chakra pool or access to a large source of chakra to ensure the produce would retain and impart the chakra to your chosen recipient.” his eyes were out of focus entirely now, the pupils constricted so it appeared he had nothing but gold irises. In his mind, the ideas were branching and connecting but...not like tree roots. More like the creation of a snowflake. Each line touched and created another, connecting around like a spiralling vortex. The medicinal bark was an interesting idea but “There are already trees and plants that create naturally occurring medicines. Witch hazel and willow. Elder trees, hazel, elm, ash and rowan...” he made a little humming noise as he thought, considering “Again, sourcing a large enough chakra source would be the ideal means of enhancing the existing properties.” his thumb was bleeding again and he pressed it firmly into his pant leg, ignoring it. He was used to ignoring pain. His eyes narrowed and the pupils abruptly dilated back to their normal size, causing him to rub the bridge of his nose with his other hand “...” He felt...tired. It wasn't sudden tiredness but rather that he became aware of it and it irritated him “If you like, I can...write some ideas down. Try to pull something together.” he felt weary, his body ached, but he didn’t show it as he took a deep breath. Moving his hand from his nose to run his fingers through his hair and out of his face, he gave Minowa a warm look as his eyes balanced once again between gold and blue, settling into a green “I think, however, we have left Papa alone long enough, don’t you?” Now that his mind was pulling back to the moment at hand, he could smell food coming from the kitchen.

〚 𝕊 ⎚ ℝᵃᵑᵏ 〛〚 𝕊ᵘᵢᵗᵒᵑ 〛〚 𝔻ᵒᵗᵒᵑ 〛〚 𝔽ᵘᵘᵗᵒᵑ 〛〚 ℕᵢᵑʲᵘᵗ≀ᵘ 〛〚 ℍᵞᵒᵘᵗᵒᵑ 〛〚 𝕄ᵒᵏᵘᵗᵒᵑ

BlackFruity

Quote:

Quote:

astrasinthewild

10,850 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Window Shopper 100
  • Signature Look 250

BlackFruity

Crew

Lucky Loiterer

PostPosted: Sat Mar 20, 2021 3:28 pm
User Image
User Image

Minowa and Itoko perked up to lean forward, staring down as Syy's hand drew unrecognisable designs on the hardwood floor. It was obvious his attention had been fully captured, his mouth silently repeating the names of named jutsu and nodding eagerly along with the named plants, recognising them and already feeling like he's made a huge step forward in terms of achieving what he wants with the Mokuton.

"Yes please!" He asks, excitement lifting the tone of his words, but his face still held determination. He didn't have the answers to his questions, but it was closer now than before, and Minowa wasn't going to throw that away. "Okay," He nodded and gave a light pat to Itoko's back, signalling for him to get up. Standing, Minowa took up the book he had been showing earlier and returned it to the stand before picking up the Binturong and walking back out into the lounge area, looking up to see his Papa standing in the kitchen - and an Anbu placing a small bowl on the table.

"Hello, Kishi." Minowa greeted the Anbu guardian, the kanji for the cardinal direction for 'West' turning to face him and nod a greeting back. Inka closed the folder he was reading and smiled over to him as well. Minowa sat down at the table after getting Itoko onto a stool so he could watch from a perch at his side. Inka nodded as the Anbu left, quickly dipping into his own bedroom to drop off the folder before returning to the kitchen counter, grabbing utensils to set with the three bowls waiting on the table for them all, as well as a shallow dish filled with fruit, meat, and leaves for Itoko.

"Welcome back." Inka greeted with a small smile, only half of his mouth lifting, as usual.

User Image

I t o k o :

T e c h n i q u e s :
• Name
Details

astrasinthewild

Quote:

Quote:

❧ [ Hidden Leaf Village } Konohagakure