Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Back to Guilds

A Dungeons & Dragons Roleplaying Guild - We have many active games, join requests are checked often, and everyone is accepted. 

Tags: Dungeons, Dragons, Roleplaying, Dungeons and Dragons 

Reply [L5R 3eR] Jade Legacy --- --- --- --- [Closed]
Jade Legacy [L5R 3eR] - Act 2 Chapter 1: Daiippo/First Step Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2011 9:14 pm
GM's notes:
Kojiro: -1k0 earth/water.
Denbe: -1k0 earth/void.
Kagae: None
Seichiro: -1k0 earth/void.
Zanzen: -1k0 earth/water.
Kyumi: -1k0 fire/void.
Hisashi:None
Miyako: None

--------------------

@ Denbe's & Kagae's Fight:

41 - Kuemon, Katana drawn, 22 Stealth
37 - Denbe, Katana drawn, 9 damage, (Grazed +5)
37 - Kojiro, No Dachi drawn
30 - Akahito, Hankyu drawn, Location: In a tree, 20' up
17 - Iwao/Sanzo, (7 damage, Grazed +3), Running Away Stance
10 - Kagae, 15 damage, (Hurt +10), Katana drawn, Full Defense Stance (TN+3)
10 - Shogo, Bo drawn, Searching for Sanzo Stance

After grabbing up his family's katana, Kagae would forgo trying to do anything about his fellow Kaiu and take cover behind the building like before. He had to slog it, as his wounds were keeping him down, but he would make it in time.

Kojiro, you arrive on the scene of the burning remains of a building - a hut of a peasant, no doubt. Kagae is on the far side of the ruins, his back to a wall. To your left, Machiko lay dead, arrow jutting out of her chest. To your right, Denbe is cautiously running off in that direction, unsure of his destination. Peasants are freaking the f**k out at the magistrate's death and are currently becoming the very embodiment of disorganization and chaos.

Your Kusarigama lay in the center of the ruined building's remains, next to the dead body of an unarmed man in heavily distressed ashigaru armor that appears unarmed. He looks like he was cut down by a katana.

You have put some distance between yourself and Miyako (who gets 3 free raises to arrive on the scene at the end of the round; don't roll yet, though).  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2011 9:23 pm
Kojiro sighed as he saw the Chaos envelop the small village. He saw Kagae, and the Crab looked perfectly safe for the time being. The Kaiu had probably grown frustrated with his kusarigama and had discarded it when a better weapon became available. The Scorpion would move to get his Kusarigama and then move as close as he could to the Crab, fixing the chained weapon to his armor as best he could as he moved up to the other Jade Warden. "Kaiu-san! What's going on?"  

Plainsfox

Romantic Paladin

10,600 Points
  • Battle Hardened 150
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Bunny Hunter 100
Psychofish rolled 4 10-sided dice: 1, 3, 3, 2 Total: 9 (4-40)

Psychofish

Dedicated Loiterer

PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2011 10:10 pm
Placeholder: Iwao, Kuemon, Carmen Sandiego, Akahito, and Waldo are somewhere in this picture. Can you find them all?

[4k2 Perception/Investigation: 6 NOPE]  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2011 10:13 pm
Psychofish
Placeholder: Iwao, Kuemon, Carmen Sandiego, Akahito, and Waldo are somewhere in this picture. Can you find them all?

[4k2 Perception/Investigation: 6 NOPE]

Iwao = Long gone
Kuemon = One with the shadows
Carmen Sandiego = What kind of gaijin name is that?
Akahito = Wait, there's someone with a bow here?
Waldo = You're pretty sure he's mixed in with the peasants somewhere.

You DO still see Shogo though, and Kojiro coming into the scene. You might be able to guestimate the archer's positioning based on where Kagae is taking cover from.  

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

Psychofish rolled 6 10-sided dice: 7, 10, 2, 9, 3, 5 Total: 36 (6-60)

Psychofish

Dedicated Loiterer

PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2011 12:06 am
For a moment, the Hare just stared in horror.

Oh no.

This was bad. Worse than just that the magistrate appeared to actually have been killed- his head snapped around, and he saw now sign of the archer, no sign of Iwao. No sign of Kuemon. It was the last especially that worried him, though the first was no good either. He'd seen what Kuemon was capable of. And if he was loose and Iwao was already hidden and out of the immediate fight-

The Hare backtracked quickly, moving to take cover with Kagae- and signaling Kojiro over.

"Jinkoku take it all-!" the Hare burst, nervy and practically shaking now. It didn't seem to be cowering though- his eyes darted back and forth, licking his lips nervously as he thought.

"I've lost sight of Kuemon, and there's an archer I can't see out there. We can't let them split us up, or we give them a chance to pick us off. If we go together, might be we can eliminate one before the others can capitalize, and give Iwao a chance to pick a nest," he hoped the man was looking for a sniping spot, or some other tactical decision, and not just running and hoping it'd work, "on the other hand, I don't think they have any more idea where he is than I do, and we could calm the peasants and prevent any further..." he trailed off before he even got to the part where they had to decide quickly or they'd be out of luck either way.

"...where is Shosuro-san?"

[6k4 Agility/Defense: 37 assuming I'd need to roll like Kagae. Otherwise I guess this I'll take Full Defense Stance and call this my roll.]  
Psychofish rolled 2 10-sided dice: 6, 7 Total: 13 (2-20)
PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2011 12:07 am
[Explosion: 16]  

Psychofish

Dedicated Loiterer

Mongooseh

Distinct Raider

8,825 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Guildmember 100
  • Hellraiser 500
PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2011 4:04 am
"Two bandits left. Archer in the trees. Monk ran after Iwao. Kuemon has disappeared. Iwao ran for it. I'm badly hurt. Time to choose what to do lads." Kagae responded to Kojiro.  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2011 6:37 am
"Shosuro-san should be joining us shortly. We thought that you two might be in greater need at the moment. Kojiro shrugged. "If you can send some arrows at that archer's way and keep his head down, I think we can search for Iwao. If we find him, we'll find the others."  

Plainsfox

Romantic Paladin

10,600 Points
  • Battle Hardened 150
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Bunny Hunter 100

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2011 6:41 am
GM's notes:

--------------------

41 - Kuemon, Katana drawn, 22 Stealth
37 - Denbe, Katana drawn, 9 damage, (Grazed +5), Full Defense Stance (TN+17)
17 - Iwao/Sanzo, 7 damage, (Grazed +3), Running Away Stance
10 - Kagae, 15 damage, (Hurt +10), Katana drawn, Full Defense Stance (TN+3)

Kojiro would grab and stow his chain weapon, moving beside his fellow Warden behind the building as cover. Denbe seemed gripped by indecision, but turned his attention to the direction of the treeline that Kagae indicated, ready to defend himself.

And just in time...

18 vs TN 24+17, miss

A low whistling of a loosed projectile would fire at the only available samurai target, but a quick sidestep would easily evade the arrow fired at Denbe.

Kagae, you're up. Miyako, athletics check, this time with 3 free raises! Denbe, Perception/Investigation (Notice) or Raw Perception Roll vs TN 15, with a free raise since Kagae told you that the archer is in a tree already, to spot Akahito.  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2011 6:50 am
"I hope you don't mind if I stay here do you?" Asked Kagae before looking at Denbe, "Denbe give that bow to Kojiro so he can shoot at the archer. Iwao has just ran off with Kojrios bow."

Kagae would then peer around the corner at the archer to see if it was still there.  

Mongooseh

Distinct Raider

8,825 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Guildmember 100
  • Hellraiser 500
Psychofish rolled 4 10-sided dice: 9, 6, 7, 4 Total: 26 (4-40)

Psychofish

Dedicated Loiterer

PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2011 8:08 am
Moving aside from the arrow, Denbe followed it back- and now that he knew where to look, he spotted the body easily enough.

"I see him. And he's right, I heard about the competition- you'll be a better shot than me. I'll cover you while we advance. We owe the magistrate his head," the Hare said solemnly. "Then we'll find Iwao, or dispose of this other bandit. Kuemon's frightening- it'll be better if we can turn the numbers to our favor. Kaiu-san, if you're staying, please keep Shosuro-san safe, I'm sure she'll be able to help collect the villagers some."

[Raise used to lower TN.]
[4k2 Perception/Investigation(Notice): 16 vs TN 10]

Tei Kae rolled 3 10-sided dice: 1, 8, 2 Total: 11 (3-30)
PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2011 9:40 am
[Agility/Athletics 2k2:9 vs TN 15:  

Tei Kae

Distinct Genius

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2011 9:59 am
GM's notes:

--------------------

37 - Denbe, Katana drawn, 9 damage, (Grazed +5), Full Defense Stance (TN+17)
17 - Iwao/Sanzo, 7 damage, (Grazed +3), Running Away Stance
10 - Kagae, 15 damage, (Hurt +10), Katana drawn

Kagae chose to remain behind cover, as he had no chance to deal with this kind of opponent. Though he did have his katana back, so that was one small comfort.

Miyako is taking her sweet time getting there! Her small petite frame was apparently not built for long runs.

Denbe, Kojiro, time to act!

--------------------

Meanwhile...

Shosuro Miyako was trying to jog up towards the burning building. Up, meaning an incline, the thing that had ruined her pace so completely. She was almost there, though; she could see the burning building, or what remained of it, up ahead. She could see people scrambling about.

One such person seemed to spot her and run up to her; a tall man, in dark clothes. Which might seem completely innocuous, until she saw he had a katana in his hand.

"Grrr... I've had it with your Scorpions," Kuemon would say, storming directly towards her from the direction of the building. "A lot of good men and women died today. I was looking for Sanzo, but you'll do for now."

Since it's a one-on-one, I'm not asking for initiative Miyako, but you can stop making athletics checks now.  
Tei Kae rolled 13 10-sided dice: 6, 3, 6, 3, 5, 4, 8, 4, 10, 4, 1, 8, 7 Total: 69 (13-130)
PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2011 10:47 am
She had no idea who this guy was, but since he wasn't the magistrate nor any of their people, he was bad news as far as she was concerned. But well, what better time to test her training then when her life was on the line. "Oh Kami, pulease~!" The very real frustration she was feeling was in her voice, combined with some very quick thinking on her part. Her voice was pitched to carry with that statement as someone who was out of breath and suddenly in a bad situation would, hoping that someone would hear but not make her suspicious.

"Do you even think I want to be here? I'm used to perfume, elegance and refinement, talking with gentlemen or playing music, not being dragged through a desert trying to do Kami only knows what.... Infiltrating this group has been the worst assignment of my life. I have to deal with a cranky, ill mannered Crab who thinks he's superior to everyone, an love lorn Scorpion who wouldn't know beauty if it smacked him in the face, and a Hare who seems to think he's some kind of Kami born savior of the down trodden." She looked the man up and down for a moment, blatantly eying him up.

"You know, everyone needs a little ~companionship~, don't you think?" She obviously wasn't a prostitute since she was being a bit subtle about it than a common one would. "You save me from these goody two shoes and we'll see if we can't come across a mutually beneficial arrangement..."

[Awareness/Deceit + Dangerous Beauty + School Technique + Voice]
+ Void point spent
10k5: 41 ]  

Tei Kae

Distinct Genius

Plainsfox rolled 11 10-sided dice: 3, 1, 4, 8, 4, 10, 9, 1, 7, 10, 9 Total: 66 (11-110)

Plainsfox

Romantic Paladin

10,600 Points
  • Battle Hardened 150
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Bunny Hunter 100
PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2011 2:54 pm
The Scorpion set the No Dachi down and accepted the yumi and arrows from the Hare. He frowned a little when he saw that they were all willow leaf arrows, but resigned himself to necessity. Wherever Tengu-san was, he had his quiver. Hopefully he was using it well. Kojiro made a short mental prayer to Yogo Sanjuro for his aid on this shot and summoned up his inner strength and let the arrow fly with a loud "KIAI"

OOC:
Reflexes/Kyujutsu (Yumi) +Void Point 6k3+3+2+1k1+3 for 7k4+8 +4 additional dice to handle explosions.
Raises called: 3 for damage
Mastery Notes: -5 to range modifiers
Results: 40  
[L5R 3eR] Jade Legacy --- --- --- --- [Closed]

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out