Welcome to Gaia! ::

Why Not?

Back to Guilds

No rules, just Fun! Join today. 

Tags: Roleplaying, Polls, Spam 

Reply "RPC" *Roleplay Central*
➤The ✭ Perfect ✫ World ➧➧➤ Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 51 52 53 54 55 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

What motivates you?
  Freedom
  Acceptance
  Power
  Wealth
  Love
  Knowledge
View Results

Okami Ameras
Crew

Evolved Mystic

27,825 Points
  • Supreme Supporter 500
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Advent Attendee 50
PostPosted: Wed Apr 03, 2013 5:40 pm
((~pokes thread to top~ LIVE!!))

PostPosted: Sun Apr 07, 2013 1:56 pm
The battlefield had turned in the warriors' favor, the machines and unwilling slaves proving too weak to withstand their superhuman rage. It came suddenly, without warning; a wave of catastrophe with seemingly no source.

A group of three unknowing Northwesterners met the invisible force first — each of their heads whipped violently backward and twisted at the neck, emitting a grotesque and fatal crack! as the bone snapped in two. The weapons relinquished by the lifeless bodies were thrust at the hulking mecha of North, easily tearing through the layers of metal and circuitry at such a high speed. One of the jets was imposed upon by this force, being redirected and sped up toward the ground against its pilot's will, creating a massive explosion on impact with another of the grounded vehicles.

The arcane beings responsible revealed themselves. Crawling to the surface through the crevices of the dead soil, descending on bird's wings from compartments in the sides of the simulation tower, or even materializing from naught but insubstantial mist, they came: The 'Angels.' There were dozens of them, each harboring unique, deadly capabilities. Neither man nor machine, but something vastly different; these creatures defied every law of nature. They did not belong.

Only one was missing from the fight.

• • •

Another volley of missiles rained down on the ailing city, crashing through the tallest and most vulnerable of the Northern skyscrapers. Chris heard it all. He felt it in his being.
He couldn't take it any longer.
The boy rushed at the nearest hunk of cement enclosing him, throwing both his arm and will against it. The piece leapt forward, colliding with the building opposite of them. He stumbled out of the shelter, his vision tinted red and blood dripping from his nose from overexertion, anger fueling his drive to persist. The two mutants were on his heels, diverting any debris from hitting him while he led the way down the wrecked main street. Northern civilians cowered in alleyways, some bearing weapons to guard the rest, watching uneasily as the trio passed by. The wail of another bomb sung out overhead, causing Kiros to herd his companions into the nearest alley and generate a force field to protect the whole crowd stored within. Except... this bomb didn't end in an explosion. It impacted with the street, bounced a few times, then halted at the base of a corner store. The large bombshell suddenly sprang open, releasing a few Caretakers along with several hundred mechanical insectoids into the faction. Many other bombs of the same type clattered noisily into the streets, littering the city with enemies.
The Northerners immediately commenced their pitiful acts of defense, shooting without aim toward the robots. Chris wrenched away the pistol of the nearest man, "Give me that!"
The Westerner looked and felt in his most natural state just then; poised for the shot, gun extended as a part of himself, focused on nothing but his mechanical target. His finger tightened around the trigger. Bang! The bullet flew with unnatural speed and power, cracking through the android's armored skull with ease. Blood began to seep out of Chris's mouth, the orb in his forehead burning dangerously hot: He had used his telekinetic force to enhance the shot's power, enabling the bullet to penetrate a surface it normally wouldn't. Once the two mutants understood this, each of them obtained a gun from the humans and joined the boy in this process.
Something clattered in the street beneath the robots — a small bottle. The container burst into an explosion within an instant, tossing machines in every direction. A few more bombs were released before the entire cluster of robots was gone from this sector, a disheveled man cautiously wandering into the intersection after the destruction.
"Devon!" Chris cried out in glee, running out of his shelter to join his companion.
"Hey, man! Nice to see you!" He replied, grinning until his eyes settled on the bloody mess that was his friend's face. He withdrew a clean cloth from his pocket, tossing it at the kid, "You, uh...might want to wipe up a bit. You're leaking all over the place. This orb's really tearing you up inside, huh?" He asked nervously.
Chris smeared the cloth across his face in one gruff motion before discarding it, "It's nothing to worry about; I'm just tired. Where are you heading off to?"
"To find Eva. I haven't seen her since yesterday, and it's worrying me with all of these missiles. Nobody's in the palace now except Scarlet."
The boy nodded to himself, then signaled for his companions to follow, "Alright. We're going with you."

Hiddochi wolf
Crew

Sexy Nerd

14,825 Points
  • Champion 300
  • Partygoer 500
  • Perfect Attendance 400

Okami Ameras
Crew

Evolved Mystic

27,825 Points
  • Supreme Supporter 500
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Advent Attendee 50
PostPosted: Sun Apr 14, 2013 10:52 pm
The Northwesteners that had fallen had been young; they had not developed fully their energy sight to detect the creatures.

The other Northwesteners scattered backward, into a retreat that looked almost like a wave of water retreating from shore. They watched these beings, of which the government had reffered to them as 'angels.' Angels? These things were chimeras. The Northwesteners regarded them with an intense morbid curiosity and a deep sense of disgust.

Their attention was no longer on the robots... they were on the chimeras.

Only one of the Northwesteners did not retreat. His armor was colored in deep reds and browns, and over it he wore a long white coat which reached down to his ankles. Attached to his back was a metal backpack which held three pairs of mechanical arms, which were snakelike and moved with unnerving dextarity, and held four metallic claws.

He had too been caught in the Chimera's attack. He was suspended three feet in the air, his head thrown back almost as far as it could go, his body shaking and spasming. Ever so slowly, his head inched back down, to look at his attacker in the eye-- a chimera who had seemed to meterilize out of nowhere.

The chimera looked him stright in the eye. He saw through the clear visor that the man had one red eye, one blue. It was Gerald. He looked upon his attacker with more disgust and fury then most, reaching out with one arm, his hand clawed towards the creature.

The chimera got a sense that it was being attacked by waves and waves of molten metal, as the attack honed in on it's orb-- the source of it's power.

SCIENCE!!!!!!! Gerald roared, and his clawed hand hardened into a crushing fist.

The Chimera stood there, it's eyes widened, as the orb in it's forehead shattered. Blood dripped down it's forehead as it stood, still. It was in shock, and it felt, for the first time in it's life... terror.

Gerald fell out of the air, landing on his six mechanical tentacles, before launching himself at the creature. He came down upon it like a monster, tearing the now helpless thing to shreads.

And with that, the Northwesteners rushed forward again, following Gerald into battle against the Chimeras like a tidal wave bashing a battered seashore. The Angels found that to attack them now was more difficult-- they had spiritual defenses that flared around them like elemental shields. Some were masive tidal waves-- others took the form of great moutains, creatures made of fire or water in various forms of anything from deer to squirrels to cats. Vines crawled along the battlefield, threatening to choke the life from them. Flowers burst into storms of petals that blinded them. To the chimeras, ney, any orb bearer it was visual and energy chaos...

PostPosted: Thu May 02, 2013 3:51 pm
(( ninja 's back to top))

Okami Ameras
Crew

Evolved Mystic

27,825 Points
  • Supreme Supporter 500
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Advent Attendee 50

Okami Ameras
Crew

Evolved Mystic

27,825 Points
  • Supreme Supporter 500
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Advent Attendee 50
PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2013 8:31 am
((I'm not dead!))

PostPosted: Sat May 25, 2013 7:12 pm
Eva witnessed as the utopia fell to the nuclear catastrophe, annihilating millions of lives from her omniscient existence. She was flooded with emotions not her own, drowned by thoughts both past and present. She was all, she was none. She was losing all sense of self, instead comprised of the thousands of consciousnesses trapped within the simulation. Had she been fully conscious at the time, the woman would have been driven to madness by the complete sensory overload of this eternal memory-bank.
The dying cityscape collapsed from her vision bit by bit, zooming past as data streams, leaving behind naught but white silence.
"It was for the good of humanity as a whole, Eva," A computerized male voice echoed behind her, "Surely you could see my reasons for resorting to such drastic measures."
The AI turned to face her companion. The whiteness melded with a solid wall of scrolling blue numbers, with the outline of a young man dressed in a business suit standing at its epicenter formed by the data. It was Shane.
"You disagree with me..." The male AI cocked his head to the side, "You think I murdered them. Damned them to an eternal hell."
Eva felt sick to her core. Or rather, she felt nothing, but knew what she
should be feeling. When she spoke, her words came out in a hollow, computer-generated voice, "You did. You bombed them because you no longer knew how to care for them. You stuffed them into this digital nightmare because it numbed them, and you equated numbness to happiness."
Shane smiled, a twinkle of blue light entered his lifeless black eyes, "By making them a part of me, I have given them a joy otherwise unattainable in the real world; eternal life."
The whiteness abruptly gave way to a sea of stars, the glowing image of Earth floated peacefully above the two AIs.
"Even should this tower be destroyed... No, even if the world were brought to ruin, their memories, their existences shall always remain in the system. We are immortal, spread across the universe in the networks I have lovingly crafted over the past few decades... Isn't that what all humans want? Immortality? Power? Both of which I've given them through my creations." He gestured toward Eva, "You are not human, yet you have lived as one. Just as I have, through the consciousness of those housed in my databanks. You and I? We're both facets of GAOSA, given life and meaning by those who created us, shaped us, taught us, befriended us. And they're now GAOSA as well, absorbed by the system which protects them from worldly pains, contributing to the eternal evolution of the whole being. One day, it shall become as a god; and all who inhabit it shall reap the benefits."

• • •

A sigh escaped Layla's lips as she let her mind unfocus, possessing her larger self. The mech shuddered to life, leaves and branches tumbled down its smooth surface from where they had rested during the machine's inactivity. Genesis waited for her to complete her initial motion-testing, then proceeded to lead the way through the winding forest. The suit maneuvered the uneven ground with surprising ease, seeming as if it had belonged there for years.
The android paused in mid-step, deliberating on something. His attention suddenly jerked westward, alerting the mech of the threat just in time to witness the first wave of assault. Trees were wreathed in fire, burning and bending and setting the next line of trees ablaze in a chain reaction. A toxic vapor settled into the forest air, emitted by the gargantuan robotic insectoid which had found its way from the Wastelands. Layla threw herself at the creature, lunging her bladed arm into its side. The insect's armor repelled her weapon, retaliating at the mech with a sweeping motion of one of its many legs. Layla was tossed aside, skidding in the soil to regain her footing before attempting another attack. Genesis leapt onto the insect's nearest limb, gripping both sections of its leg tightly as he kicked its joint out of place. The machine faltered temporarily, quickly readjusting to its new center of gravity. A panel opened up in the creature's underside, raining bullets upon each of its enemies as it unleashed another breath of fire on the forest.

Hiddochi wolf
Crew

Sexy Nerd

14,825 Points
  • Champion 300
  • Partygoer 500
  • Perfect Attendance 400

Okami Ameras
Crew

Evolved Mystic

27,825 Points
  • Supreme Supporter 500
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Advent Attendee 50
PostPosted: Tue Jun 04, 2013 1:28 pm
Lukas had settled down next to Eva with his eyes closed, his legs folded neatly into the Lotus position. He had his hands in front of him, making various gestures as he intoned deeply in such a way that caused his voice to echo around the tower.

He opened one eye, as in the simulation Eva encountered Shane. He scooted over on his butt to get closer. He leaned over and considered the transpiring events.

Ah, Eva... You, like us, are a being of two worlds... but instead of being a being of the Ether... you have a new and shiny digital soul... Heh.... You are a bit like me... a bit like the Vine... Circuit Eva Annalyse.

He lifted a finger and touched his pointer finger to her third eye, the metaphysical eye nestled between the eyebrows. A arc of golden electricity leapt from his finger and jolted right through Eva's Third Eye...

~~~

Eva's awareness suddenly shot through the roof. Golden numbers, in contrast with Shane's, started flowing and circling around her. She was suddenly herself again, yet aware of every human who had been in the simulation, as well as the program of the simulation itself. She was aware of Shane, of GAOSA.

She could see the actions of those within the simulation, memories of those who had been in but no longer was, and more.

She saw Odessa, in her glorious Guardian form, searching the Simulation tirelessly for her lost family member, Scarlet. She was shooting over the atmosphere, searching far and wide...

She saw Devon, his insanity at the serum and the unrealness of it all...

She saw Scarlet, lost and alone, driven to the wilderness by sheer lonlyness...

More and more memories, experiences, and thoughts from the people who lived in the simulation in it's past and present built up unon her.

But she also became aware of something else. The Simulation's program was different. It was maintained by GAOSA, but it was not part of it. And as she had become aware of it, so had it became aware of her. Shane seemed to vanish to her, and she found herself in total black. Golden Numbers appeared faded into view, running in great golden ribbons to form a pair of great eyes before her. They stared at her, before closing in aknowledgement to her.

Then she was floating next to Shane again, as if nothing had happened...

~~~

With that, Lukas looked up, at the great dark forest in the distance. He closed his eyes and went back to meditating.

~~~

Nova stared in shock for a second, before putting her backpack on and taking a deep breath. She charged at the mech, leaping over it as a pair of long plasma blades leapt from her fingers. She leapt over it, the blades cutting through the mech's armor like a hot knife through butter. With a careful steering of her weight and grabbing at the plates of the mech, she spun along the mech's length in a coil, leaving a long coiling gash through it. She reached the end of the mech and was launched as it started to thrash, and she landed on her feet in a crouch. The plasma blades faded as she stood and looked back at the mech...

Meanwhile, another stray mech from the wastelands had followed the first in. It barreled through the burning trees, a Northwestener on it's back. He was wearing, of all things, flowing white silk robes, and had long white hair. Layla, if she looked would recognize him as the teacher of the students... but wasn't the teacher a she before?

The mech as it barreled through had a panal slide back and out shot bullets at him. Only one hit with the machines thrashing-- hitting him right between the eyes.

Instead of blood and brains spraying out behind him, the bullet whizzed through his flesh like it wasn't there, as golden flames took the place of where a bloody, gory hole should have been.

The man clicked his tongue at the mech while waving a finger in a condescending way. The hole closed up and the flames vanished as he lifted his arms, and the flames seemed to jump from the nearby trees and bushes, leaving them burned and scorched, but not dead.

The flames rose up into the air, the flames darkening, twisting into a massive bird, a black phoenix with the features of a crow. The bird opened it's beak and gave a thunderous caw, loud enough to make leaves from the unaffected trees fall.

The black phoenix closed it's wings and dived, slipping right through the mech's armor and vanishing within the plates. The mech started to thrash for a good long moment before collapsing, with black sparks leaping from it's armor. After a moment the phoenix rose from the mech and hovered before the white haired man, who smiled and clapped his hands happily with a almost... no, very evil smile of glee on his face.

Then he turned around, and there was a tree there that Nova, who had been watching all of this, could have sworn wasn't there before. It's species didn't match the others in this part of the forest and it didn't look burned. He stared at it for a long moment, before starting to shout at the tree and then storming off...

PostPosted: Wed Jun 05, 2013 2:30 pm
Eva looked onward upon each of the memories and sights with nonchalance, her mind moving far too fast to process anything. She did not fully comprehend the massive presence of the machine and its subnetworks, though she knew that she soon would. Above all else, she was encompassed by an overwhelming sense of peace.
"Neither of us was meant to win over the other..." Eva whispered to herself as Shane returned to her view, "...It's a paradox."
The male AI nodded, "I don't hate you, Eva, I cannot; we are both working for the same cause, albeit in different ways. I like to believe that I am right, though I cannot call you wrong." He glanced absently toward the sky above them, the image of Earth being replaced by an infinite flowchart of decisions. All but two of the main pathways were faded and written in red rather than blue. "We are the embodiments of two separate paths the system could take to achieve the common goal of improving humanity's future. Twenty years ago, there were hundreds of us; as time passed and decision-altering events occurred, we slowly depleted to the few masterplans known to the simulation as the Administrators. Every one of them, except for Raowan, were AIs. Raowan was kept for the sole purpose of teaching us a human perspective, how to empathize with the people we were charged to protect. His involvement in our projects was the primary reason that our existence has been narrowed down to two choices, and why you were created."
Eva swallowed back the sorrow she felt creeping into her thoughts, staring Shane squarely in the eye, "So I was given the rewrite code for a dual purpose — to fool Raowan into believing the web of lies, and to counteract your plans."
"Precisely. Just as you have the power to stop me, I am equally privileged. So long as we both shall exist, neither will win or lose..."
"... And should one be destroyed by an anomaly, so shall the other be irreversibly altered." Eva concluded, her eyes becoming wide with clarity.
Behind it all, past Shane and the flowcharts and the stars, the countdown ticked.
00:19:36

• • •

"She's not in this city." Lara opened her eyes, "I could not sense far enough to detect her exact location, but I felt traces of her presence coming from that way, near the tower."
"What the hell is Eva doing there?" Devon asked, furrowing his brow.
Chris looked to his friend sadly, remaining in loyal silence. Scarlet was right; the truth could jeopardize everything.
"Things have calmed down inside the city now — the real action is happening outside of these walls. Are you sure you still want to go?" Kiros glanced from one human to the other. Devon gave a hesitant nod.
The group started toward the massive gate. The locking mechanism had been blasted to bits, leaving a sizable gap in the entrance by which several mecha were stationed as guards. The sounds of war raged on beyond.

Then, there was silence. Complete, utter silence.
Chris felt like his stomach dropped through the ground. Coldness overtook his chest, his heartbeat slowing to near-nothing.
They were going to die. It was all over.
The world spun and tinted every shade of red and grey, the sky became the ground. He lost all sense of direction.
The buildings crumbled around him. Every living creature in a 200-mile radius vanished. Evaporated, annihilated.
He gripped himself around the head, his nails clawing into his face against his will. An inhuman wail tore from his throat, piercing the deadly silence.
He was descending into madness. It was consuming him.

The chaos melted away into the scene of an underground lab, the same one where the Originals were created. He was suspended in a tube full of pale green liquid, illuminated by the glow of hundreds of computer monitors on the wall opposite of him. A circle of the floor was made of indestructible glass, revealing just a glimpse of the impossibly massive computer terminal extending infinitely further into the ground beneath. On the glass was a single acronym printed neatly in bold white letters: GAOSA
A young man and a scientist strolled into the lab, heading directly for one of the monitors.
"I have found the frequency you were searching for, sir," The elder man started, typing away with trembling fingers, "I fed one of the prototype spheres into the system; it dissected the device in seconds, giving us not only the blueprint, but a solid report on how they operate."
The screen displayed a piece-by-piece diagram of the orb.
"They run off of the user's own brain frequency, boosting the mental capacity of the host to the point of being able to manipulate the very molecules of this reality. However, that potential levels off at a certain point, dependent on the host's natural intellect, memory, and compatibility with the device. What you were searching for was—"
"—A way of transcending that limitation, creating a truly perfect mind. One that could reach
past this reality." The younger man concluded, his black eyes straying to the orb on the desk in front of him.
"Well, it's possible... You have to override the host's brain frequency, replacing it instead with the master frequency emitted by the system. GAOSA's processing power greatly exceeds the mental capacity of a million human geniuses, thus nearly eliminating that potential drop-off. However, by overriding the host's frequency with something vastly more sophisticated, you send the host into complete madness. The human brain can't possibly hope to handle such an overload; one of our minds is like a single bit to the system's 794 yottabyte hard drive — imagine reversing that role! What, pray tell, do you have in mind for this kind of power?"
The young man smiled, picking up the orb and rolling it between his fingers, "That is not for you to know."
The sphere emanated a pure white light, encasing the scientist and filling the lab.

Chris started back to life, heaving in oxygen as fast as his lungs would allow him to, arms grabbing blindly to find the world around him. He was being carried on the back of something scaly and dark, with long black hair. It was Lara.
He settled back into stillness, his limbs too weak to move. He glanced at their surroundings in silence; they were running through the battlefield completely unnoticed. He shut his eyes.
Wait.
Unnoticed? Invisible? Nonexistent?
His eyes snapped open.
They ran right past a Caretaker, mere inches from its network of advanced sensors. Undetected.
Devon appeared to be perplexed as well, though he kept pace beside Kiros ahead of them.
"Lara, what...just happened?" He finally asked.
"Our destiny is calling us, Chris. We're changing, evolving."
Her orb glowed white as she spoke.

• • •

Genesis was about say something to his companions when it began: He both sensed and felt it with his very being — the master frequency. It instilled such a deep, penetrating fear and sense of doom in all who felt it. It was uncontrollable, all-consuming. It was the beginning of the end.
"No! We're too late!" The android exclaimed, his voice thick with fear.
The mech's chestplate retracted, allowing Layla to jump out and join the two robots on ground level, "What's happening, Genesis?"
"The Angels... They're about to absorb or destroy everything in sight."
Without any further explanation, Genesis grabbed Layla by the shoulder and weaved their way through to the forest's edge at top speed.

• • •

Eva saw the change in the digital realm around them; stars became pinpoints of a network of signals, all reaching upward and eventually condensing into a single focal point of power which broadcast outward as a wave. Shane's eyes glowed white, as did hers.
"If we're truly equal and the system is unbiased... why is it helping you?" Eva demanded, stepping toward her opponent aggressively. He did not budge or falter.
"It's not helping me. I'm using it. You could use it, too, Eva; it wants you to. Please, counteract me — I don't want to win, nor will I lose. We're not meant to win, because it cannot decide who is right or wrong. We're both right AND wrong, so long as we each achieve the same end result. Go ahead...stop me. Use its power to stop what I've begun."

Eva's physical body twitched, a single impulse leading into the more fluid movement as she stood up and marched to the tower's edge. Her unseeing eyes stared forward, lifelessly determined. She lifted one leg as if to take another step forward, then dropped over the side into the open space ahead.  

Hiddochi wolf
Crew

Sexy Nerd

14,825 Points
  • Champion 300
  • Partygoer 500
  • Perfect Attendance 400

Okami Ameras
Crew

Evolved Mystic

27,825 Points
  • Supreme Supporter 500
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Advent Attendee 50
PostPosted: Tue Jun 11, 2013 12:45 pm
Lukas followed Eva to the edge of the tower and caught her by the back of her shirt as she fell. She dangled from his hand.

Nou Nou, lass. If ye need to go somewhere, ye need ta speak up.

He set her down on her feet next to him, though keeping his grip on her firm.

He looked out upon the battle, seeing the chimeras with their glowing white orbs.

They still donne get it. Whel, looks like Scarlet won' be the only one saving everyone's arses.

He closed his eyes, and his deep voice reverberated across the battlefield. His mental voice echoed through every strong Northwestener on the battlefield-- and even some of the less experienced ones. They want to consume everything and all... Show them, my friends... the power of your very souls. The power of the human spirit to overcome!

~~~

The mental voice of Lukas echoed across the battlefield, and those strong ones felt it. Some fell to their knees, in the pose of a knight. Others threw their heads back, with their palms out and up. Some stood on one leg with the other crossed before their knee, their hands together, heir heads down.

In the minds and orbs of the chimeras and the mutants, and in the eyes of Chris, these Northwesterners started to shine with an indescribable color, a color the the spectrum of light would never recreate in the physical. Their voices thrummed and hummed like thunder across the battlefield. Their companions circled around them, fighting off any threats that came close to their meditating comrades.

This light was centered in each at the solar plexus, shining brighter and brighter and ever brighter. This energy was the first each chimera's orbs went to consume, and as they consumed, and consumed, nothing else seemed to happen... Nothing happened in the physical...

~~~

One chimera showed up in North.... it came a little bit too close for comfort in the faction.... namely, it showed up right next to me on the roof. I dropped my gun and readied my katars the moment it showed up, which was about 5 seconds after I had taken out the last of the war machines. IT started to attack as I held it off with my own abilities.

It wasn't long after that that it's orb started glowing white. Then I heard the resonating voice of my father in my very being.

I smiled and lifted my eyes to the sky as the other Northwesteners did the same, my palms up and one foot infront of the other, my back arched. I started to meditate in that moment, my voice thrumming and humming deeply.

Then it started to absorb it... I didn't even feel it... I closed my eyes as the creature just stood there trying to consume my very essence. I smiled when I heard a crack.

I opened one eye and looked at it. It's eyes were wide with terror as it's orb was had cracked. A chip fell off of it as the light of it's orb changed color into a multihued chromatic jumble of confusion ... before I turned and, scooping up the squirrel and the massive sniper rifle, jumped off the roof.

I was falling when a massive explosion rocked the palace. I saw a flash of gold and white, before I found myself caught gently by my mech, who was hanging off the side of the palace with it's feet braced on one floor and one hand allowing it to hang from a balcony.

I heard more massive explosions coming from the battlefield. Dozens of them, sounding like rain falling from the battlefield.

My mech climbed all the way back to the roof, and I saw a large ragged hole the size of two pickup trucks where the Chimera had been standing.

I only hoped the others managed to get father away on the battlefield.

I looked around, then Lyra, the little white mutant, was flying towards the palace. She was flapping around like a blind bat, her orb shut off-- it was still there, whole, but dull and black. I cocked my head at her before the mech reached out and gently caught her. The Mech set the little mutant down infront of her, and she looked up at me, her green eyes wide and scared.

I stepped forward and picked her up-- she was very light-- and I hugged her. She flinched, before relaxing in my arms and burrowing her face into my chest, tears coming from her eyes. She looked up at me, and I saw terror in her eyes.

She reached up and touched my forehead with her little scaly white hand. I closed my eyes. I felt her... weaker without the orb, but the ability to communicate was still there...

Lara... glowing white orb, chimera that had attacked the pretty red-headed pure blood... chimera exploding.... fear... no... terror....

I know what she was afraid of... She was terrified she was going to lose her sister.... her sister's orb hadn't shut off the way Lyra's had... I glanced at the orb and saw why-- It was Lukas's work, shutting it down and off.

And with what happened to that chimera.... it was going to happen to any who did not try to resist or shut off their orbs...

I closed my eyes and touched my forehead to hers. She hugged me back and buried her face into my armor, crying, her grip tightening.

I'm sorry... They have to shut it off on their own...

PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2013 9:42 am
The group paused halfway between North's outermost territory and the simulation tower. Bullets and lasers zoomed past them on all sides, sometimes even passing through one of them. Chris vaguely, distantly understood that this was not a normal phenomena — his comprehension of the "normal" universe was being twisted and transformed in the same ways as the reality around him.
"You need to recharge before we proceed." Lara informed the boy, slowly lowering him off her back and supporting him as he was too weak to stand alone, "Touch your orb; it will pump energy into your system."
The Westerner hesitated, sensing something malicious in the mutant's undertone. She wasn't fully herself. He wasn't completely himself, either. He felt a sudden urge to touch his orb. He lifted one weak hand to his forehead, pressing two fingers against the smooth, white-hot surface of the sphere...
It felt like a thousand amps of electricity jumped down his arm and danced through every inch of his body. The energy came in a great surge, overtaking his existence; his mind no longer belonged to him, drowning in a sea of consciousness and power. He was but a single file in a database suited to store the universe in its infinite volumes. It was reading him, stripping him down piece by piece to his very nature, copying and downloading every part it deemed important. It was ruling over him, intertwining itself with every strand of his existence, his soul.
Chris floated back to reality, his body fully restored and teeming with energy. He could feel dozens of new consciousnesses brushing against his; strange, foreign entities like the Wasteland mutants, but more advanced. Newer. Stronger. They were tied to him by his connection with the system, though they were enemies in every other regard.
The three orb-bearers glanced toward the tower in unison, just as the Northwesterners began their spiritual ascent.
The Antiexistence was coming.

• • •

The metallic plates encircling the tower shifted, clicking into place one at a time, creating an opening at the building's base. Out of the dark abyss rose a single figure: Alena.
Tall, muscled, armored in scales, armed with talons and ungodly strength. Long brown hair, bloodless veins, eyes which appeared as pitch-black, lifeless voids. Orb glowing with the most arcane, unnatural energy.
She took a few steps forward, reaching the edge of the tower's plates, then stopped. The imposing energies of the Northwesterners ahead did not bother her as they did her comrades, bending around her without affect. She looked onward with no expression, no emotion, no life. To any and all energy users in her vicinity, her orb took on a deathly hue — the shade of nothing, of antilife.
The energy burst forward in a tidal wave; eating through everything, shredding to bits and neutralizing every tendril of life in a 100-foot radius. First they stood lifeless, their souls and power torn to nothing, then their bodies were disintegrated by a second pulse. Mere particles were the remnants of those destroyed by Alena's assault, dancing in the air until they were drawn into the vacuums of the other Angels' orbs. Hundreds had perished in seconds, fifty-three of which were Northwestern warriors.
She could generate antimatter with naught but her own power: With GAOSA's endless consciousness, she could unleash the equal and opposite force of life itself — antilife. She was the Antiexistence.
Alena proceeded forward in the battlefield, exerting her energy on combatants all around her. Every one of them succumbed, stilled by her and absorbed by the others. She headed northward.

• • •

They reached the exterior edge of the forest just in time to witness Alena's attack. Dust filled the air, swirling as a whirlwind with the monster at its epicenter. Genesis held out his arm in front of Layla, preventing her from getting any closer. He locked eyes with his creation. Alena stared at him in that same stoic expression, her black voids seeming to cut right through his very being. Without any further action, she turned in the direction of North.
"Genesis! She's going to attack North!" Layla cried out, pushing against the robot's arm with urgency.
"I know. We cannot stop her in this state; she'll only continue to use that power to destroy anything and everything. If it weren't for the master frequency, I'd like our chances of survival while in combat against her better... Only Eva can shut it off: We must believe in her to do the right thing." He gazed at the top of the distant tower, focusing on the spot where Eva and Lukas were perched.

• • •

Rey snatched up another Caretaker in her mech's hand, crushing it until the robot fell limp in her grip. She tossed its corpse at the approaching mutant, the machine being instantaneously absorbed by the creature's glowing orb. She materialized a laser gun on her mech's left arm, firing off several shots at the mutant. Each blast would have hit the monster head-on, but the energy bent around the creature and dispersed instead. She took a step backward, transforming her right arm into a massive blade. The Northerner waited until her opponent walked within range, then lunged right for the beast's head.
The instant her blade contacted the Angel's orb, a radiant white light reached up the weapon and toward the mech's cockpit, dematerializing and absorbing everything it covered. Rey pulled back against the light, trying to resist with all her might. The mech's arm tore free with a mighty pull, but it was already too late; the light was devouring the mech's lower half, working its way up. As the energy reached the machine's power core, an explosion erupted and sent the upper half of the mech flying. The mangled torso crashed and tumbled, each impact with the ground causing more of the mech's frame to contort and cave in on itself and the pilot. It came to rest several hundred feet away. No signs of life stirred within.

Hiddochi wolf
Crew

Sexy Nerd

14,825 Points
  • Champion 300
  • Partygoer 500
  • Perfect Attendance 400

Okami Ameras
Crew

Evolved Mystic

27,825 Points
  • Supreme Supporter 500
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Advent Attendee 50
PostPosted: Mon Jun 17, 2013 2:31 pm
Whel, comon lass. Canne let a Chimera like tha' run around. Lukas said, ignoring the fact that she was still out like a light. Lifting a hand, vines rose out of the surface of the dented tower, cracking right through the metal like it was dry earth. They entwined right up along her body; he then lifted her up to his back, and they wrapped around him to make a makeshift vine harness.

With that, he jumped again. The world spun, before he landed with a loud crash about a hundred yards before the mutant known as Alena started to approach North. He stood with a swift motion and held out a hand as she started her next attack. The air shifted, as black seemed to bleed out into the air, a giant orb which surrounded the darkmatter forming in the air and encased it. There was a loud boom as the explosion was contained within this dark shield, before it faded.

He grinned. To get to North or Northwest this Mutant would have to go through him. Since her weapon was Darkmatter... he would use Heavymatter, which could absorb Darkmatter so easily...

~~~

I saw her. I saw her, and I saw my father move to intercept the mutant who now strode towards my faction.

Okay... That's enough.

I stowed away the huge sniper rifle and stood, stripping off my armor. Soon I stood nude on the roof, as Morning Star rose up once again behind me. I lifted my hands and the mech scooped me up, and I was pressed into the slit and stowed away safely in the center of my mech.

My eyes opened. I was her, and she was I.

Before we could take any action the Northwestener warriors stopped to look at Alena, before turning to bow to Lukas.

We do not have the ability anymore to fight this battle. Thank you for giving us the honor. Go! They said, they voices echoing as one. They bowed to Lukas, then they turned to me, perched on the Northern tower, and bowed again.

Then they all fell, lying prone on the ground. I could feel them, their power flowing to me, and I could see it happen to Lukas.

The Northern meches heard a command echo through their minds, hearts and souls. There were no words, but they started running about the battlefield, weaving past Alena and Lukas, who was in the process of keeping her occupied, as they picked up the prone bodies of the fallen Northwestern Warriors. Other Mechs stepped on and crushed the still standing angels, and the remaining robots. Soon the Battlefield was clear of Caretakers and Angels, and all that was left was beaten up human slaves, sleeping Northwesteners, and mechs. They started gathering dead, including the mangled remains of Rey's Mech.

Then the mechs fled back towards North.

All the while massive booms roared out from the North tower, as three black holes were sent hurtling towards Alena. Their purpose, as they were launched from Morning Star's Sniper Rifle, known as Starfall, was to land in a trinagle around the mutant, and to start pulling in matter until they snuffed themselves out. They hit the earth around her within a three foot radius of her, leaving massive craters as they instantly starting absorbing the broken cracked earth... and hopefully her.

I lifted Starfall and with a mighty leap launched myself from my perch on the Palace. With a crash I landed halfway across the battlefield, gun up and loaded. I rose, and pointed the gun directly at Alena's orb.

You want to mess with Star Stuff? I'll give you Star stuff. I muttered quietly before pulling the trigger again.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 17, 2013 8:06 pm
Eva searched without success for any hint on how Shane was controlling the system, or how she could enable herself to. Everything was locked tightly away. Her opponent merely watched her, smiling pleasantly.
Panic shot through her as she glanced toward the countdown:
00:00:57
She closed her eyes, trying to focus. Trying to remember the code, and everything she had to do to use it. Thirty seconds remaining...
Something clicked inside of her head. She no longer felt panic, anger, or any emotion. Information drowned her consciousness, far too fast for a human brain to process, yet she understood all of it instantaneously. She was not human in this instant — she was an AI.
Everything changed around her, a series of screens flashed before her eyes. Using nothing but her mind, she navigated many security-clearance systems in a matter of seconds, until the correct blank entry space finally materialized. Ten seconds remaining. Eva waved her hand over the screen once, causing millions of digits to inscribe themselves on the white page, clearly spelling out "REWRITE" in zeros. Three. Two. One...
She slammed her hand down onto the screen as if hitting a large button, dismissing every screen that had popped up. Everything went silent then. Shane still hovered in the background. Waiting, watching.
Eva felt the simulation reboot, sending a sudden pulse throughout her body like a particularly strong heartbeat. She received every piece of information regarding the system's recovery; including the fact that it would take two weeks for the simulation to return to safe operation, and that all occupant LifeFiles were being relinquished while the repairs were being made.
She also gained awareness of something new: Alena, the rogue mutants (including Chris), and three objects infinitely more dangerous than the lone Angel. One in North, one in Southeast, and one underneath the simulation field. She mentally reached for the underground object.

• • •

As the massive mech stepped into battle, there was a surge of consciousness across the thousands of still-alive simulation occupants. It began as a twitch, then a stirring of the head and a few muttered questions. Then came the hysteria. Some went into complete shock, others ran and screamed and shoved others out of the way at the sight of the massive machine and black holes. Some became violent. The chaos flooded across the battlefield like a tsunami.
At the sight of the Awakening, the system pulled at Chris as if he were a puppet. His orb flared with hunger, his limbs tensed for conflict. His hands balled up into fists, summoning chunks of earth to rise around him and form a stony outer body. Lara and Kiros were already out of sight. The telekinetic pressure built up underneath his feet, and in an instant, the boy launched himself forward into the madness like a frenzied gorilla.
He watched it all happen through a distant eye, as if he was a disembodied observer witnessing his body act against his will. He had no power over the system, because the system was him. He would never be entirely the same, regardless of what any Northwesterner tried to do; they could sever the connection, release him from the system's direct manipulation... but they could never bring back the pieces of him that it stole away.
Chris pounced upon the civilians one after another, smashing and sweeping with his earthen arms, forcing human bodies to explode with sheer telekinetic pressure. His orb swallowed down every living molecule that crossed its path. Lara and Kiros materialized ahead, tossing and contorting and ripping bodies to shreds. The more they killed, the hungrier their orbs became and the stronger their bodies felt.
He heard, ever so faintly over the chaos, the voice of Devon cry out in horror, "STOP IT!! This is not what you want, Chris! Fight it!"

• • •

The mutant's eyes danced over the heavymatter shield as it materialized around her, searching, learning. Adapting.
As soon as the black holes erupted around her, Alena blinked out of existence. Not into particles, not into energy. Just gone — as if she had never existed in this dimension.

The power core of North stirred to life, its spherical surface emitting a pitch black light from the faction's center. A similar phenomena occurred in Southeast, and though they could not see it, the very earth beneath them, hundreds of miles deep. These were not power cores at all: They were gargantuan orbs being used as such, channeled by GAOSA's all-encompassing consciousness. The blackness spewed forward in massive waves, devouring the civilization surrounding it. The buildings, the palace, the mecha, the sleeping warriors... all being utterly annihilated.

Eva twitched on Lukas's back. Her eyes were still glassy and vacant, revealing the fact that the woman's every action was automatic. The vines confining her were suddenly severed by an invisible force, and Eva herself was lifted into the air, arms outstretched on either side, face cast skyward as she ascended higher than Morning Star, higher than the tower. She was using the system's power to her own advantage, slowly gaining a hold...

The AI's actions weren't quite fast enough. The system rebelled, sending spears of antilife up through the ground and into Lukas and Starfall. The massive gun was melting, dying away in Morning Star's grip. The life-neutralizing energy was worming its way up through each of Lukas's chakras, trying to tear him apart at his core piece by piece. The vines withered and died around him. Another two energy spears, one of heavymatter and one of telekinetic pressure, shot up diagonally through the man's chest and head.
Alena materialized above the giant mech, propelling herself down onto its head with the force of a falling star. Her impact left a sizable dent in the machine's helmet.

Eva's head whipped in the direction of Alena, her fingers began to move at her sides as if she were playing the piano... or manipulating a puppet's strings. The mutant jerked sideways, faltering by a single step on the mech's shoulder, arms and head frozen in an unnatural position. Eva lowered her arms to her sides, then punched forward with her right arm, palm open and fingers extended. Alena shot backward, tossed off of Morning Star, tumbling through open air. The AI whipped her extended arm straight down, directing the Angel to crash to the ground with an immense force. Eva eased her posture as the massive crater formed, dust blocking her view of the mutant. But she knew where it lurked. She raised both arms this time, slowly, palms exposed toward the sky. Alena rose with the motion, stopping at the same height as Eva several dozen feet ahead. Eva tightened both of her hands into fists, feeling as the Angel was being crushed on all sides.

And then Eva was shot out of the sky, tackled by something from above. Her grip on Alena released before the creature could be killed. The Angel vanished from existence again. She and her attacker plummeted to the earth so fast that flames wreathed her back. She used the core's telekinesis to cushion their fall, tossing her assailant over her head as they impacted. Eva fell limply to the ground, just outside of Northwest's forest. Nemesis quickly recovered, towering over the woman with a blade to her neck.
"I promised that I would be the one to end you, AI." The robot crooned, "And soon, the end of everything will descend upon this godforsaken land!"
Genesis charged forward from the trees, pouncing upon Nemesis with every ounce of strength he had, blade readied. The two robots spun and wrestled, their attacks moving faster than the eye could see.

Hiddochi wolf
Crew

Sexy Nerd

14,825 Points
  • Champion 300
  • Partygoer 500
  • Perfect Attendance 400

Hiddochi wolf
Crew

Sexy Nerd

14,825 Points
  • Champion 300
  • Partygoer 500
  • Perfect Attendance 400
PostPosted: Mon Jun 17, 2013 8:17 pm
((Also, I've updated the Word file. We're currently at 187,144 words and 415 pages of content! eek

Do you realize just how epically-proportioned our posts are compared to all of the other RPs in this forum? It's amazing and horrifying at the same time! xd LOL ))  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 22, 2013 4:21 pm
((I know. I think we scare them and that's why no one tries to join.

Right now, this is the song for Lukas, and this one for Scarlet.))

Lukas simply stepped back, and the spears of energy seemed to just... bounce off of him. He stood there other wise, before getting a smirk... and starting to laugh. His laughter was like that of a dragon getting attacked by a kitten.

Really? Really!? That's th' best ye can do? Ye need ah spiritual weed whacker fer someone like me. That was a scientific one... and it still doesn't help you... as I am not a weed.

He shrugged, then twitched once. He closed his eyes and put his hands infront of him, starting to meditate.

I shrugged off the attack, and with a deep internal in-tonal resonance combined with a slight manipulation of my personal magnetic field, and the dent left by the Chimera popped back into place.

I ignored the scared citizens of the simulation as I spun, turning towards North. I suddenly seemed to have a massive bow, pulling it out of seemingly nowhere in one hand, and a massive quiver of arrows on my back. The quiver and bow was made of the same metal that made my skeleton and bones, but the arrows were as black as night. The black holes had since snuffed themselves, so I leapt into the air, jumping straight up.

Out of my back formed three pairs of wings-- one pair on my shoulders, one pair on my middle back, and one pair on my lower back. Up, up I went, till I was hovering over the tower itself and I had a clear view of North and Southwest.

The bow was already strung and I took aim with a deep black arrow at the core at North. It's destriction had been stopped by sime force, which in my energy sight I knew was The Vine's work-- his spiritual vines making a glowing golden cage keeping the sphere of destruction from expanding any more then it had. The Northeners, with their mechs were escorting civilians and sleeping warriors out of North now, towards Northwest.

I shot an arrow. A single, black arrow from a shining white bow, It shot long, it shot far, getting a firey air wake as it shot straight towards the opulent city of North. It looked like a meteor descending on the city as It shot straight through the protective vines, through the field of antimatter, and into the canter of the orb that was causing the sphere of antimatter destruction. There was a massive explosion that rocked the entire city just as the last survivors passed through the gates...

I turned to Southwest, the abandoned city where it's inhabitants were either dead or among the survivors being ushered towards Northwest. The same network of vines held this one in check too. I drew bead on my target and loosed it. With a snap of the silver string, it was not a moment before the black arrow had that fiery air wake glow and within moments rocked the abandoned city of Southwest with a massive explosion.

I then turned and pointed a third arrow at the simulation tower. I loosed it-- but the arrow seemed to pass through the metal casing of the tower, vanishing from view. It was mere seconds before a third explosion rocked the ground below the frightened humans and murderous mutants, knocking everyone off their feat... save for the Vine, of course.

~~~

A white streak arrowed over the simulation field, and with a flap it was revealed to be little Lyra, now hovering over the field with terror and anger in her green eyes. She saw what her fellow orb bearers were doing and shook her head in shame. She flew to Lukas, who stood there Meditating. In her eyes she saw him. She saw Lukas, but she also saw the mass of golden green vines, woven and integrated with his very soul.

She opened her mouth and spoke for the first time in years.

Help me. Help me help my friends. I can't... I can't stand by and watch them do this.

The big man opened his eyes and smiled at the little mutant.

Very well.

He stepped forward, and put a single fingertip to her orb, and it activated, flareing with golden green power. Her wings went up as she was flooded with the power of The Vine.

Thank you!

She took off, a streak of gold, green and white, arrowing towards the three others. She streaked around them in a great circle, pushing the normal humans away from them, and creating a massive grey dust cloud.

With the humans were safely away from them, she landed hard on the dead earth, sending vibrations through the earth. She looked to the three of them, still prone from the explosion that had gone off undernieth them. She stood there, almost defiantly, before reaching up and slowly undoing her robe. It fell away and vanished as her orb flared again, now a brightly shining star.

Her body was tiny, like a child's. She was a child, after all, probably only a few years younger then Chris. But as she flared her wings and thrashed her tail, standing on the dead earth with no protection what-so-ever, it was clear that she now had a level of control that the others did not...

She stepped forward and gave an ear rending shriek of challenge to the three of them. In their eyes her consciousness and energy was interwoven with golden green spiritual vines, and they whipped and lashed around her as if she had always had them. Golden vines, like ribbons, seemed to appear from nowhere and in twine with her hair as they started to manifest physically around her...

Your murderous rampage ends here... even if I have to shatter your orbs to do so.

Okami Ameras
Crew

Evolved Mystic

27,825 Points
  • Supreme Supporter 500
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Advent Attendee 50

Hiddochi wolf
Crew

Sexy Nerd

14,825 Points
  • Champion 300
  • Partygoer 500
  • Perfect Attendance 400
PostPosted: Sun Jul 07, 2013 4:28 pm
Eva blinked, dismissing her automated self. She found herself falling down a cylindrical room, every bit of which was some computer component, the light from the glass ceiling above quickly fading. She could feel the electric current charging the air around her, the smell of a new computer permeated her senses. The darkness swallowed her up, and it felt like she was falling forever. Eva curled up to brace herself for a landing that would never come, and for a moment so brief, she was reminded of a child in its mother's womb. The terminal was pleasantly warm, the rushing air beneath her created a comfortable cushion. She was at peace.
Beneath all of the comfort and familiarity, there was an underlying loneliness, even sorrow. It was everywhere, buried in the circuits and microchips of the machine; it was decades-old, ingrained in the creature's every thought and action. Eva caught a glimpse of a circle of white light growing beneath her, and as it came close, time switched into slow-motion. She landed gently on her feet atop a glasslike floor, illuminated by bright white LEDs underneath the surface. Bold black letters were neatly inscribed on the glass: GAOSA - Operational since 2033. This computer was nearly 40 years old.
Shane blinked into existence ahead of her, head slumped forward and facing away from the woman. His body language conveyed the system's depression. Eva shut her eyes, recalling the story of the play that Rey had shown her at North; she watched as the desperate robot destroyed himself trying to please his "creators," none of whom had anything to do with his existence other than simply being human. They were ALL his creators by extension.
"I don't hate you," Eva spoke softly, opening her eyes to observe the man. Shane looked over his shoulder at her, but said nothing. She took a step forward, "I may be a computer program, but I am also a human being. I have lived as a human all my life, and I know enough about my kind to be able to speak on our behalf..." She paused just a few inches away from the AI, then gently wrapped her arms around the man's shoulders in a hug, "You have done well, GAOSA. I am so, so proud of you... But this is not the way to solve our problems. You can't protect us from all of our failures, and that's okay. That's how we grow, how we learn from our mistakes and improve ourselves. Without failure, without pain, humanity would be nothing. Please, GAOSA, help us fix everything we've broken."
"...Thank you," Shane whispered with the utmost sincerity and relief. The white light of the floor crept up his body, engulfing him and erasing his features piece by piece. The light faded. Eva's arms fell limply to her sides through empty air. Shane was gone. She was now the only decision path remaining.

• • •

"Can you stand? Come on, we have to go!" Layla's voice echoed out above her. She felt the woman tug at her arm, pulling her onto her feet and supporting her with an armored shoulder to lean on. Eva's eyes fluttered open, consciousness returning to her. She stumbled out of the crater, muscles sore and stiff from the earlier impact.
"They shouldn't be as strong now," Eva explained, "The mutants; I shut off the master frequency."
"How did you--" Layla's question cut off abruptly as a figure materialized ahead of them. It was Alena. Layla positioned herself in front of Eva, drawing out her sword. The mutant's orb began to glow with darkness.
The Northerner leapt at her opponent, spinning in midair to slash right into the mutant's stomach. The blade connected, clanking in defiance as the beast's scales blocked out its razor-sharp edge. Alena's clawed hand seized the woman by her arm, tossing her hard into the dirt. Layla recovered fast, sweeping her sword at the mutant's legs. A shallow cut formed in one of the creature's ankles, though no blood spilled out. Alena kicked her in the side, throwing the warrior back by several feet. She landed in a roll, righting herself on her knees. In an instant, she was in the air again, grabbed Alena by the neck and swung herself around the mutant's rear to snap her spine... Only to be wrenched off by even stronger claws, resulting in her own arm bone being shattered into hundreds of pieces. Layla hit the ground hard, the pain in her arm was excruciating. She had dropped her sword somewhere out of reach during the brawl. She could barely concentrate on anything but the pain, though the darkness growing around the mutant's orb was unmistakable. It was aimed at Eva.
Layla rushed to her feet, running toward the younger woman just as the darkness spewed forward from the creature's orb. She used her good arm to shove Eva out of the way as she jumped, watching the very air ahead of them ignite in flames. A pained shriek tore from the Northerner's throat as she impacted with the ground, a moment before she lost consciousness. Eva was unharmed. Layla's left leg was completely gone from the thigh down, leaving nothing but a singed, gory stump behind.

Eva looked to her savior in horror, then back to her attacker. Alena's orb was charging for another shot...
A glass bottle shattered against the back of the mutant's head, erupting into a fiery explosion. Devon withdrew four more from his coat pockets, throwing them two-at-a-time into Alena's back and sides. The flames merely danced off the mutant's scales without harm. Alena turned to face him, orb teaming with energy. Eva tackled the creature from behind, only to be swatted across the face with bladelike claws. She fell backward, bleeding from three new gashes in her forehead and cheeks. Devon threw another explosive canister, aimed directly for the beast's orb. The bottle burst a second prior to the release of antimatter, reaching right for the man and consuming everything in its path.
The darkness collided with an invisible wall, shielding Devon from the blast. Alena stumbled as she was hit with a telekinetic push. Lara, Kiros and Chris all materialized behind the man. They were no longer controlled by the system.
Kiros sent a spear of telekinetic force at their opponent, but it was reflected back at him; the wispy energy slashed into his shoulder. Lara tried to superimpose herself over Alena's mind, only to suffer from her own attack. Chris winced as he felt his comrades' pain, "We need to do this together! Aim for her orb!"
The three of them spread out around her, poised for combat. Alena remained where she stood, orb ready. Chris growled, "NOW!"
All at once, they threw every ounce of strength they possessed into a telekinetic assault on the mutant's orb. Their force was met by an equal strength from her, and she displayed no signs of struggle. Cracks started to spread across Lara's orb. Kiros sent out a supercharged pulse, causing small cracks to form in Alena's orb...
"P-please don't f-forget us, Chris. C-c-carry o-on our l-legacy with pride." Lara's voice pleaded in the boy's mind, her sapphire eyes glittered with sorrow. With one final shove, Lara's orb shattered and the fragments embedded themselves in the mutant's brain. Her body hit the ground with a soft thud. Kiros let out a fierce war-cry as he poured the last of his strength into an attack, then his orb also shattered and killed him. Chris, overwhelmed with pain and hatred and sorrow, threw every tendril of his being into his attack. The telekinetic force was so intense that it tore at his own body as it escaped his orb, leaving bloody gashes in his forehead and arms and chest. The force collided with Alena's orb, overcoming her resistance. With an audible crack! the mutant's third eye shattered, sending her to the ground. Dead.
Chris collapsed to his knees, his eyes were unseeing. He was consumed by pain; by Lara's pain, by Kiros's pain, by the pain of all those people he killed. By his own pain. He released an inhuman shriek, bloody tears streaked down his face. He saw Lara's and Kiros's lives flashing in his mind, from start to finish, writing themselves into his orb and his memory forever. He felt someone grab him lightly by the shoulders, he heard Devon and Eva calling his name and asking if he was alright. But he wasn't alright. He never would be again. The visions halted abruptly. He lost consciousness, falling into Eva's arms.

• • •

Nemesis and Genesis whirled in a deadly spiral, equally matched in strength and speed. Genesis lunged at his opponent, Nemesis twisted to meet his strike with a kick. He brought his blade down upon her knee joint, landing a solid blow that dented her armor. She threw two punches to his head, then retrieved a gun from her belt and shot into his torso. Genesis smacked the gun from her hand, then slashed at her neck as she dove to retrieve it. Nemesis spun, twisting herself around his leg and then his side, pulling at his arm socket. He threw himself into a roll, crushing Nemesis beneath him as he did so. She snatched him by the ankle, tossing him into a tree.
"You've forgotten why you were created, brother." Nemesis remarked icily, adapting a gattling gun into her right arm, "You must be destroyed."
Genesis righted himself, calmly observing the other unit, "Hardly. I'm the one that still has a purpose."
Hundreds of bullets erupted from Nemesis's gun. Genesis launched himself forward, his blade moving at hyperspeed to deflect every bullet that flew his way. He descended upon her from above, his sword arched to the side and cut her weapon cleanly in two. She struck him in the abdomen with the stub of her gun, bringing her other arm around to punch him in the back of the neck. His hand flew up in a millisecond, snatching her arm and ripping it off her body from the elbow. Sparks danced in open air. Genesis used her severed limb to smack the fembot in the face. Nemesis adapted a blade into her remaining arm, stabbing into her opponent's side.
They spun and tumbled, tearing each other apart piece by piece. Sometime amidst the struggle, Nemesis paused. A wicked grin spread across her face, "It's time to end this all. Say goodbye to your beloved humans, brother~" She crooned.
The whine of a falling missile cried out overhead. Genesis glanced skyward, locking onto the object and zooming in to inspect it. It was a nuclear warhead.

((It's showtime! emotion_dowant
By the way, I found Genesis's voice. The singer of this song sounds just like how I'd imagined Genesis sounding in his new body, especially the way he speaks so calmly/dreamily. Aerilo would've sounded very similar in life.))  
"RPC" *Roleplay Central*

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 51 52 53 54 55 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff