Welcome to Gaia! ::

It's A Girl Thing! ♥

Back to Guilds

A Family, A Home. 

Tags: Linkin Park, Contests, Hangout, Role Playing, Twilight 

Reply It's A Girl Thing!
I'm going to be talking for a long, long time. 8D Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 51 52 53 54 55 56 ... 85 86 87 88 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

jiniistrawberii
Crew

Feral Fatcat

PostPosted: Sat Sep 21, 2013 7:29 pm
Yokies

Yeah it would be nice to test out your team against other live people and not the computer in the game.

Maybe it's just one of those things that someone just knows. She's young, but it's still possible. I guess what she really needs to do is just learn to tone it down. There are always going to be times when a kid acts bratty but they can learn to cool it down a bit.

I was into Neopets ever since I was younger. I started when I was 12. xD I always used adblock so I never saw anything that would hold a virus, but I've just fallen out of it.
Yeah. No matter what, we can always get something out of the money we've spent eventually. On Neopets it's just kind of.. nope. And I do believe they wont do anything about it if you get scammed as well because you're technically not supposed to trade those items. I don't know that for a fact but if you send an item over expecting something and you don't get it, there is a big chance there is nothing you can do.

I just thought they could have put maybe three new items in there to balance it out. One new item and it happens to be a pet that not everyone is into, it kind of sucks. Though I get that, not many people use those kinds of items, at least not anymore. People use to use them all the time just to add same shades of color to an avatar, but nowadays we have so many more options and people are making more avatars that make sense rather than it all just being items of the same color. And that's a good example, I get what you mean. They did come out with some pretty tops and skirts a couple of months ago, but we do need more versatile things. The school update was okay, but it didn't garner enough purchases to make it worth while. It was a let down pretty much across the board for most people.

User Image User Image

That's why I sometimes wish I could remove or change the password on my router, but I know better. There's a lot of people here who would love me for the free internet.

Yeah, let's hope she'll tone down a bit. Although to be fair to her, she's not that annoying anymore. Just at times sweatdrop

Is it still alive until now?
      Well, if the developer's intention was for you to keep the item, then I do think they wouldn't give a damn if you don't get anything in return for your gift.

Well, the pet could have given some other forms of clothing or accessories and not just some silly poses. Of course people would start making avatars with senses. I mean, look at all the items they've sent out: all of them have stories, such as the evolving item or even the chance items. It influences people to make themed avis or to take in styles of their own. But in each case, they always have something to tell and not just some random shiz down the road.
      Yes, versatile is the word. It's hard enough to earn the gold here (except for booty grab, but it too gets to you in the end), so you'd want something that could provide you with a little more than the usual when you buy them.
      I never really like the school update. Kendo club? Who even goes around here wearing those kinds of outfits?? Not that I don't have anything against Kendo (it's a cool sport!), but compared to the other items around here... it was just too, well, "useless".

User ImageUser Image

PostPosted: Sat Sep 21, 2013 7:35 pm
Clasela

Me either and when I am, it's normally just checking forums and responding to notices.
Oh that's so great! May I ask where you are working? Are you enjoying it?
I've been doing great. Had a few rough patches, but we've pulled through and I'm overly enthusiastic right now because I pick up my first car next week. And I have my grandmother's wedding to go to this weekend, it'll be nice to get really dressed up~
Yep, I have Lifestyle Discussion, Writers and Fashion & Style. It's different. I've noticed that I get ignored a lot more and going into towns is impossible unless I hide my name underneath a bush so I can go undercover and have silly conversations with people. xD

User Image User Image

At least you can still go online :p
      Yeah, earning your own money's a nice change. Although, not much of it stays with me, we've got bills to pay and I'm the only one earning money right now sweatdrop
      I work in a power distribution company, but I'm in the back office. I handle customer payments.
      Oh wow, your own car!! That's nice~ What's the model? What color? Details! Haha rofl
      Ooh, a wedding. I've never really like dressing up, mainly because gowns are so itchy, but a wedding is always a nice event. Kind of makes you all giddy inside because of the romance in the air.
      Why are you getting ignored? Do people bash you or anything? And what does a forum assistant do? I'm sorry, but I don't really know what difference they make to the normal public sweatdrop

User ImageUser Image

jiniistrawberii
Crew

Feral Fatcat

Yokies

Crew

King Bear

64,350 Points
  • The Bears Are In 500
  • I Won the Titles the Titles are Mine! 500
  • Couple of Time 500
PostPosted: Sat Sep 21, 2013 8:23 pm
Louisa Iris

Yeah, if you tried to do that it would just get used without you ever knowing who is doing it. gonk

Well that's good. It sounds like she's at least getting better and trying to shape up.

Is what still alive? You mean my pets? Cause they don't die. xD
I suppose that's true. Then I guess they wouldn't help you out in that case then.

It could have came with a hat or something, with dog ears since it was a dog. It's nice to have avatars with stories and meaning now. It does show a lot more creativity and work behind them, and it definitely shows when you go in the arena now. You look back at winners from '07 to '08 and they're quite different from now.
Yup, versatility is good. We need better colors and just more things that fit better in Gaia's current style. The Kendo thing was weird. I mean, I know some people are into that, but it didn't seem like something that was.. highly wanted. At least I never saw anything requesting it. I guess they wanted to even out the sports? But it was rather useless in my opinion. I think for the most part people come on here for fantasy, not things they can wear and do in real life.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 21, 2013 8:36 pm
Yokies

Yeah, if you tried to do that it would just get used without you ever knowing who is doing it. gonk

Well that's good. It sounds like she's at least getting better and trying to shape up.

Is what still alive? You mean my pets? Cause they don't die. xD
I suppose that's true. Then I guess they wouldn't help you out in that case then.

It could have came with a hat or something, with dog ears since it was a dog. It's nice to have avatars with stories and meaning now. It does show a lot more creativity and work behind them, and it definitely shows when you go in the arena now. You look back at winners from '07 to '08 and they're quite different from now.
Yup, versatility is good. We need better colors and just more things that fit better in Gaia's current style. The Kendo thing was weird. I mean, I know some people are into that, but it didn't seem like something that was.. highly wanted. At least I never saw anything requesting it. I guess they wanted to even out the sports? But it was rather useless in my opinion. I think for the most part people come on here for fantasy, not things they can wear and do in real life.

User Image User Image

I was thinking of bringing my DS to work and hitching on my officemate's wifi since he said I could... but so far, I keep on forgetting it. Plus I only have 1 hour of lunch break... and no battling could be done in one hour. At least that's what I think xD

Oh sorry, I meant the site, is it still alive? Are people still going there?
      Or maybe they just think that people will only give gifts to their friends whom they can make arrangements with... or with some random stranger because they're feeling really angelic and all, so they don't expect all the hullabaloo when it comes to spamming.

I used to just make avis for the looks. You know, all sparkly and with lots of bits and pieces here and there. I guess there are still others out there who do this kinds of things, but I tend to believe that they're newbies here who hasn't grasped the whole point to creating an avi. Yes, I agree with you that people come here for the fantasy: creating a look for them that's completely different from what they are now. And who wouldn't? We all like some fantasy. They could still want to wear something ordinary, like I've always wanted to have a librarian avatar... but with a twist to it. Like a couple of bunny ears perhaps? What's the point of make believe if you can't make anything come to life from it?
      So I guess the Kendo could have worked... but it should have been more fantasy-ish and not so straight kendo.

User ImageUser Image

jiniistrawberii
Crew

Feral Fatcat

Yokies

Crew

King Bear

64,350 Points
  • The Bears Are In 500
  • Couple of Time 500
PostPosted: Sat Sep 21, 2013 10:56 pm
Louisa Iris

Some battles don't really take that long, but those are basically not really good ones unless you're the one who won. xD

Neopets? Yeah, it's still alive. It's owned by Viacom, they're not going to let it die.
I suppose so. I guess in the end you just have to either keep the items to yourself or just be really generous with what you spent your money on.

Yeah, there are still people who do that. Newbies sometimes believe that they must have every expensive item they own on their avatar or they don't "look good enough", but that's not the case at all. Fantasy is nice, it's good to have a place to go where you don't exactly have to worry about yourself or how you look, and you can just speak freely about anything while dressing up a cute little doll to show off your creativity.
I think if they weren't such cartoon-y colors. They're just.. really bright. I think in this case if they WERE the realistic colors they would have been better.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 26, 2013 10:12 pm
Louisa Iris

I hear you, right now we're just scraping by with bills and groceries and now with the car and insurance and all of that la-de-da, it's going to be a lot harder.
She's a Mazda 262 Sedan (year 2000) and an emerald green. I picked her up on Thursday and it's such a smooth drive! And there is enough room in the boot to hide two bodies! xD
It does. I have my sister's wedding next weekend so it will be nice to get my hair and makeup done by a pro.
I guess people feel intimidated by the pink. Not yet, but I've read some horror stories in the FA forum. xD It's fine, basically we move threads to the right forums and report the reportable.

Clasela
Crew

Clasela
Crew

PostPosted: Thu Sep 26, 2013 10:16 pm
Yokies

I hope so. Have you heard anything from them yet?
Haha, I wish I could find a job where I could type a lot, at least then my degree would be useful for something. xD
We can only hope. There needs to be a law to the extent of cleavage too. gonk
I really don't know. The wedding was nice, but my dad and Matt got funny feelings from her new husband. So we'll just have to wait and see on that. How has everything been with you?

PostPosted: Fri Sep 27, 2013 11:44 am
Clasela

Not yet, no. It might be a couple more months before they have another acceptance period. > w<;
I probably wouldn't be able to get a job like that because I don't have a degree. ._.
I guess it's kind of a double standard. No one wants to see a guy's a** but they're all for seeing women's cleavage.
Funny feelings? Hm. I hope it's nothing serious. o-o

Everything has been alright. Just kind of living day by day. Trying to keep my son from having mega tantrums. gonk

Yokies

Crew

King Bear

64,350 Points
  • The Bears Are In 500
  • Couple of Time 500

Clasela
Crew

PostPosted: Fri Sep 27, 2013 6:16 pm
Yokies

Ah, bummer. I guess I sent my application at the right time.
I don't think you would have to have a full degree, but who knows. Finding a job to match your own qualifications is hard. Everyone says it's easy when you have something under your belt, but it really isn't looking that way for me.
Rumour has it, he's a gold digger. So only God knows what's going on there. rolleyes
Haha, I can tell you, from what I've noticed, it gets better and worse. My friend is going crazy with her son and he's going crazy because of the new baby on the way. xD

PostPosted: Fri Sep 27, 2013 6:26 pm
Clasela

Yeah. ^^ But not to worry. I don't mind waiting a while, it's not like I wanted to be an Assistant like RIGHT this second haha.
The friends of mine who went to college are definitely going to have a hard time job searching. A couple actually regret their schooling because of the debt they're in and they're worried about having no way to pay it.
Well.. that's lovely. I can't imagine putting up with someone that much that I'd marry them.. but whatever floats her boat?
That doesn't sound good XD I think I'm in for a world of headaches haha. Thank god I'm not having another anytime soon. gonk

Yokies

Crew

King Bear

64,350 Points
  • The Bears Are In 500
  • Couple of Time 500

jiniistrawberii
Crew

Feral Fatcat

PostPosted: Sat Sep 28, 2013 12:22 am
Yokies

Some battles don't really take that long, but those are basically not really good ones unless you're the one who won. xD

Neopets? Yeah, it's still alive. It's owned by Viacom, they're not going to let it die.
I suppose so. I guess in the end you just have to either keep the items to yourself or just be really generous with what you spent your money on.

Yeah, there are still people who do that. Newbies sometimes believe that they must have every expensive item they own on their avatar or they don't "look good enough", but that's not the case at all. Fantasy is nice, it's good to have a place to go where you don't exactly have to worry about yourself or how you look, and you can just speak freely about anything while dressing up a cute little doll to show off your creativity.
I think if they weren't such cartoon-y colors. They're just.. really bright. I think in this case if they WERE the realistic colors they would have been better.

User Image User Image

Yeah, a little challenge is always nice. Too easy battles are just boring while drawn-out ones can be very annoying. Like, stop using Full Restore for God's sake and just admit defeat!

Wow, it's still alive. And to think it was the hit thing when I was still a kid. But then again, Pokemon is still alive, isn't it?

Hehe, I still think that expensive items are a must-have to have a beautiful, drop-dead-gorgeous avi, but I've lived with the fact that I won't be able to get them, so I settle for the not so expensive items :p
      Exactly. Places like these afford you the freedom you can't really have in real life. You're able to say what you really want to say and not be ashamed of things because what are the chances you'll meet the person you're talking to in real life eh? In the end, it's not really about the avatar, but more of the freedom it offers.
      Well yeah, the colors were a bit too dull... I dunno, I still think it would have been better if they made some story behind it :p

User ImageUser Image

PostPosted: Sat Sep 28, 2013 12:28 am
Louisa Iris

Well the one good thing with competitive battling is that you can't use items. xD You just get to stick an item on your Pokemon and hope for the best lol. I mean I guess technically NOW you can use items in competitive battling (but you need points racked up for them and it's just from a list, it's not your own), but most people don't.

I didn't even know it was a hit thing until I was 12 because I didn't have access to a computer until then. xD But yeah, Pokemon is still alive and going strong, so sometimes it's not as surprising to hear other things from our childhood living on.

It's understandable to think that way. Sometimes more expensive items are just higher quality, there is no getting around that. - A-
Yeah, the site has a lot more to offer than just dressing up your pixel doll. Albeit it's a bit part, people come here because the avatars are pretty, but Gaia is first and foremost a forum. You get to talk about all sorts of stuff and really speak your mind, as long as you aren't being a huge asshat about it. The community is also very nice as well, and it's pretty easy to get into friendly debate here.

Possibly, but I guess we have to take what we get. xD The CrosStitch update was pretty awesome.

Yokies

Crew

King Bear

64,350 Points
  • The Bears Are In 500
  • Couple of Time 500

jiniistrawberii
Crew

Feral Fatcat

PostPosted: Sat Sep 28, 2013 12:32 am
Clasela

I hear you, right now we're just scraping by with bills and groceries and now with the car and insurance and all of that la-de-da, it's going to be a lot harder.
She's a Mazda 262 Sedan (year 2000) and an emerald green. I picked her up on Thursday and it's such a smooth drive! And there is enough room in the boot to hide two bodies! xD
It does. I have my sister's wedding next weekend so it will be nice to get my hair and makeup done by a pro.
I guess people feel intimidated by the pink. Not yet, but I've read some horror stories in the FA forum. xD It's fine, basically we move threads to the right forums and report the reportable.

User Image User Image

Well as they say, what goes up must come down.. it's a never ending cycle and we'll just have to wait until we go up again.
      Nice~! Don't you just love the feeling of driving your own car? It's like you own the world xD Wow, that's a big boot then. But let's stick to groceries shall we? rofl
      Well, have fun at the wedding~! Eat lots of cake for me, haha xD
      Why? You don't bite people... most of the times, right?
      Horror stories? What horror stories?
      Oooh, I see. Sorry, but I'm just really curious... but do you get anything from your duties? I mean, you're sort of working for the company right... and I've always thought that you guys were employees of the company.

User ImageUser Image

PostPosted: Sat Sep 28, 2013 1:30 am
Yokies

Well the one good thing with competitive battling is that you can't use items. xD You just get to stick an item on your Pokemon and hope for the best lol. I mean I guess technically NOW you can use items in competitive battling (but you need points racked up for them and it's just from a list, it's not your own), but most people don't.

I didn't even know it was a hit thing until I was 12 because I didn't have access to a computer until then. xD But yeah, Pokemon is still alive and going strong, so sometimes it's not as surprising to hear other things from our childhood living on.

It's understandable to think that way. Sometimes more expensive items are just higher quality, there is no getting around that. - A-
Yeah, the site has a lot more to offer than just dressing up your pixel doll. Albeit it's a bit part, people come here because the avatars are pretty, but Gaia is first and foremost a forum. You get to talk about all sorts of stuff and really speak your mind, as long as you aren't being a huge asshat about it. The community is also very nice as well, and it's pretty easy to get into friendly debate here.

Possibly, but I guess we have to take what we get. xD The CrosStitch update was pretty awesome.

User Image User Image

That's lucky then. It would be really annoying to have an opponent that just doesn't want to give up even if it's darn obvious they're going to lose. I wonder if they're going to allow Mega forms in battles after they release Gen VI?

But a bit sad to hear some of them die out. Like Cartoon Network... I miss their shows.

Agreed. And more versatile as well.
      Yes. So far, it's the only site that I know of with nicely designed avatars. I don't like avatars that have big heads or too big eyes... they just simply scare me out.
      Yeah, a great place to just speak out your mind. Well, you can never really get rid of people who are just too believing with their ideas. Gaia also has it's fair share of assholes. And sometimes, debates can turn nasty.

Yeah, they're pretty good. I'm not much fan of Halloween so I'm not really into the new items, but compared to the others they are nicer. Somehow, they're much easier to use than the other items. You can easily find a pattern for them.

User ImageUser Image

jiniistrawberii
Crew

Feral Fatcat

Yokies

Crew

King Bear

64,350 Points
  • The Bears Are In 500
  • Couple of Time 500
PostPosted: Sat Sep 28, 2013 2:06 pm
Louisa Iris

I don't see why they wouldn't add Mega forms. o: I mean, they are strong, but their stats and stuff are changed to balance them out more. And since they have to hold the stone to even change, they don't get the luxury of having a gold item that benefits them.

Cartoon Network is still going, it's just not really a big deal to kids of the past anymore. I know of plenty of children who now love it and like the shows on it, but us who are older and used to all their old stuff obviously wouldn't enjoy it as much.

Yup. More expensive items most of the time come with poses that can work in many kinds of avatars.
Yeah, any other site I've gone to that have dress-able dolls I just haven't enjoyed as much. Their bases aren't as nice as Gaia's.
That's true. Any site has their bunch of assholes who don't want to understand any other opinion but they're own, though I have seen people who can calmly agree to disagree and even continue a healthy conversation afterward. I guess it just all depends on who you interact with, like any site.

Yeah, even though they're Halloween items they can fit into other things as well. You just have to find the right items to compliment them.

It's A Girl Thing!

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 51 52 53 54 55 56 ... 85 86 87 88 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games