Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Back to Guilds

A Dungeons & Dragons Roleplaying Guild - We have many active games, join requests are checked often, and everyone is accepted. 

Tags: Dungeons, Dragons, Roleplaying, Dungeons and Dragons 

Reply [L5R 4e] Unity
L5R - Unity - Chapter 1 - Winter Solstice Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 51 52 53 54 55 56 ... 81 82 83 84 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Glory Sieg

Dangerous Grabber

11,600 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Full closet 200
PostPosted: Sun Aug 28, 2016 6:42 pm
Leave it to a Crane to look down on the effort versus the outcome. While the outcome is important, it's never a bad idea to look to the cause and process behind it. It would've been easy for Kaichiyo to ask for the best fish and prepare it the same way, and a probably score very well.

But birds never did have much a brain for that.

Kyouya watched silently, avoiding the urge to roll her eyes. Even behind her mask, she knew the Doji had just as sharp eyes as the rest of the flock.  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2016 8:25 pm
The smile faded a bit, replaced by a brow raised in confusion as Kioko proceeded to completely ignore her speech and go on to point out again and again the quality of her fish. Enough that she started to suspect if she hadn't told her it was self-caught she wouldn't have noticed the difference. That or they had some miracle fish in the larder. Every single bit of the meal was far better than the other competitors in the kitchen, so the fact that her end score was a fraction above the Mantis' abomination almost seemed like a personal insult. Knowing the Crane there was a pretty good chance it was. The best fish of the fishing group, and the best meal from the cooking group, but one of the lowest scores. In the end she could only sigh and shrug helplessly. Ignoring a personal insult was the honorable thing to do.

"Well I suppose there's no accounting for spirit." she said with a little laugh in response to Kyouya's silent look. "Must be a sad way to live."

She smiled and brought the plate back around. "You're welcome to the rest, if you're hungry. I should probably go make sure Naohiko hasn't gotten into trouble."  

Paidi tou Selini
Crew

Adorable Abductee

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2016 9:28 pm
Projects
Brewing Group:
Ikoma Ryobe (4 hours, TN 15), 3 successes 3 raises 4 hours, Project Complete

Cooking Group:
Himura Kaichiyo (1 hour, TN 25), 1 success 0 raises 1 hour, Project Complete
Doji Sawao (2 hours, TN 15), 2 success, 3 raises, 2 hours, Project Complete
Yoritomo Satoko (1 hour, TN 15), 1 success 0 raises 1 hour, Project Complete
Shosuro Kazu (2 hours, TN 20), 2 successes 2-1 raises 2 hours, Project Complete

Fishing Group:
Himura Kaichiyo (3 hours'ish TN 15) 2 successes 0 raises 3 hours, Project Completed
Tamori Aritomo - Failed
Yoritomo Kiyonobu - Failed

Gamemaking Group:
Doji Ryoichi (6 hours, TN 15), 6 successes 4 raises 6 hours, Project Completed

Gardening Group:
Shosuro Hyobe (3 hours, TN 10), 3 success 4 raises 3 hours, Project Completed

Instrument Making Group:
Agasha Mai (4 hours, TN 15), 3 successes 2 raises 4 hours, Project Completed

Mask Making Group:
Bayushi Kojiro & Bayushi Masuyo (6 hours, TN 15), 6 successes 6 raises 6 hours, Project Completed

Papermaking Group:
Himura Naohiko & Shosuro Kyouya (2 hours/5 sheets, TN 15) 2 successes 0 raises 2 hours, Project Completed

Pottery Group:
Togashi Yoshike (2 hours, TN 15), RAGEQUIT
Kitsune Ippei (2 hours, TN 15), unable to compete.

Smithing Group:
Himura Gendo (10 hours, TN 15), 10 successes 7 raises 10 hours, Project Completed
Hiruma Shigemasa (10 hours (showpiece), TN 20), 7 successes 1 raises 10 hours, Project Completed
Kakita Otsu (33 hours (showpiece), TN 25), 7 success 0 raises 10 hours, Conceded
Yoritomo Katsue (10 hours (showpiece), TN 20), 2 success, 0 raises, 6 hours, Conceded
Moto Guntomar (42 hours, showpiece), TN 30)
, 1 successes 0 raises 6 hours, Conceded.
Tadao
Stonecarving Group:
Kaiu Taniko (17 hours, TN 20), 7 successes, 6-5 raises, 10+5 hours
Isawa Kasuga (6 hours, TN 15), 4 successes 0 raises 6 hours, Project Complete

Tailoring Group:
Ikoma Tadao (4 hours, TN 15), 3 successes 0 raises 4 hours, Project Complete

Toku Seiichi Group:
Toku Seiichi (Toku hours, TN Seiichi), 3 successes 0 raises 7 hours, Project Complete???

Toy Making Group:
Morito Denbe (1 hour, TN 10), 1 success 3 raises 1 hour, Project Completed

Woodcarving Group:
Yogo Bakin (6 hours, TN 15) 4 successes 3-1 raises 5+1 hours, Project Complete

--------------------

HOUR 10

@ Smithing:

Gendo! You are polishing up the jitte, and it's an admirable piece of work. Ryoji seems to be wiped, but he's holding in there. A lot of the work now is smaller details, so there hasn't been as much for him to do and the adrenaline has worn off, taking its toll on him. He's sticking with you, though!

You wrap up your project, content with your final result.

Project Complete!

The Hiruma finishes his bow, but he seems a bit skeptical about it. He begins to test it, and you can see out an open door to a courtyard with him practicing against a target. He hits most of the time, but there are no bullseyes and he sighs after finishing his testing.

The Kakita is still going at it, trying to mold the steel of the tetsubo as she wants it; she doesn't seem to be making any progress, and is a long way from completion.

"Oof," she says aloud. "I knew I wouldn't finish before tonight, but I was hoping to get farther along than this," she says aloud. Turning to her helper, she gives an apologetic smirk. "Sorry for wasting your time."

"N-no, samurai-sama! It was my fault, it must have been!" he implored her, seemingly struck by her words.

"Don't blame yourself just because the metal wouldn't cooperate. It happens sometime. Plus, I tried to rush things, and I know you know that. Impatience got the better of me. Oh well."

After seeing both you and Shigemasa done their projects, she decides to clean up instead of continue.

Shortly after that, Doji Kioko and her entourage arrive. Same as with the other competition, you can jockey for any position you think you might want.

--------------------

@ Cooking:

"Oh? You aren't going to let the others see what you've created?" Sawao would ask Kaichiyo, overhearing it. Gesturing toward the door, several of the other samurai at court would begin to filter in now that Kioko has been through, to see what projects she judged.

Satoko still seems pretty angry.

Kazu seems somewhat uncomfortable with the amount of people filtering in, and keeps fidgeting.

--------------------

@ Skirtchasing:

The part of the castle you seem to be led to didn't really have any samurai around, and even servants were scarce. You presume this is more of a storage area?

When you address the girl, she stops in place, her back to you for a few moments. Then...

WHUMPKRSH!

She drops what she was carrying and turns, throwing herself towards you, going to wrap her arms around you. Unless you stop her, of course. But if you do not, she squeals happily, "Oh, you DO remember me!"

Her chest to yours, you would be able to feel her heartbeat pounding. Face flushed, she would turn her head and lean in to kiss you.

(If you want a Temptation roll to resist against, you can have a 22)  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2016 12:15 am
Gendo would pick up the jitte, sheathed and ready to be tied to an obi. He'd turn his attention towards Hiruma Shigemasa, then nods for the man to present first, as he is the Great Clan here. While Kioko would be distracted by the man, he carefully ties the jitte to Setsuna in a makeshift harness, then moves to present his project.

Bowing, he'd hold Setsuna forward slightly, prompting her to take the weapon. "Doji-hime, allow me to present my work. A jitte, made to be wielded. I have used the Crane colors in it's wrapping, with a Crane mark. The pommel is capped with an old coin, which represents the ancestors of the Crane and the wisdom they bear, being a guide of the Empire since ages past. While jitte do not normally have sheathes, I have provided one of polished shirogashi wood that shall be sturdy and accompany many outfits well."  

Raganui Minamoto

Distinct Prophet

Plainsfox

Romantic Paladin

10,600 Points
  • Battle Hardened 150
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Bunny Hunter 100
PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2016 12:46 am
@Kimonocatching

Naohiko still didn't remember her, but he wasn't going to admit it now! The Kraken would hold her in his arms and return her kiss. He would let her do as she wished, but there was a portion of his mind screaming at him on how a very very bad idea this was. Never the less, Naohiko would enjoy his time with the girl.  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 03, 2016 2:02 pm
Projects
Brewing Group:
Ikoma Ryobe, 3.0

Cooking Group:
Himura Kaichiyo, Score: 3.5
Doji Sawao, Score 4.5
Yoritomo Satoko, Score 3.0
Shosuro Kazu, Score 4.5

Fishing Group:
Himura Kaichiyo, Score 3.5
Tamori Aritomo - Failed
Yoritomo Kiyonobu - Failed

Gamemaking Group:
Doji Ryoichi, Score 3.7

Gardening Group:
Shosuro Hyobe, Score 3.3

Instrument Making Group:
Agasha Mai, Score 2.75

Mask Making Group:
Bayushi Kojiro & Bayushi Masuyo, Score 4.0

Papermaking Group:
Himura Naohiko & Shosuro Kyouya, Score 3.0

Pottery Group:
Togashi Yoshike, Score 0.0
Kitsune Ippei, Score 0.0

Smithing Group:
Himura Gendo, Score 3.7
Hiruma Shigemasa, (showpiece), Score 2.9
Kakita Otsu, Conceded
Yoritomo Katsue, Conceded
Moto Guntomar, Conceded.

Stonecarving Group:
Kaiu Taniko (17 hours, TN 20), 7 successes, 6-5 raises, 10+5 hours
EDIT FOR LATER: 8 successes, 7-6 raises, 11+6 hours = Final score 4.1
Isawa Kasuga, Score 2.0

Tailoring Group:
Ikoma Tadao, Score 2.25

Toku Seiichi Group:
Toku Seiichi, Score 0.9

Toy Making Group:
Morito Denbe, Score 5.0

Woodcarving Group:
Yogo Bakin, Score 2.3

--------------------

@ Naohiko:

How much time are you willing to spend with this girl?

--------------------

@ Gendo:

The Hiruma vs the Himura.

Hiruma Shigemasa would seem somewhat indifferent, but would not question going first. "For my project, I worked on a yumi bow," he would explain to Kioko, presenting it to her, bowing slightly. "Though only what most would consider a showpiece weapon, in the field, Hiruma would often have to craft weapons of such quality in short notice. It is often that this practicality can save-

Kioko would be thoroughly distracted by something, not paying any attention at all to the Crab.

"Er... it can... can save... Doji-sama? Are you listening?"

"Yes, that's quite fascinating. Hold that thought." And Kioko would simply walk away from the Crab and to Setsuna and Gendo. "And what do we have here?" Kioko would say sweetly, bowing down to scratch under Setsuna's chin as he yipped happily, then began to pant. Taking the weapon from the harness, she would then examine it in one hand, while petting Setsuna with the other.

"This is really outstanding work, Gendo-san," Kioko would say, finally returning the weapon to the harness and standing tall (with some reluctance). "You have done fantastically, and the quality of your work is easily apparent. You do your clan a great service with both your talents and your thoughtfulness."

Her mood definitely more positive than when she came in, Kioko would move to leave after the scribe finished writing (which only took a moment longer), without giving similar attention to the Crab's project.  

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

Plainsfox

Romantic Paladin

10,600 Points
  • Battle Hardened 150
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Bunny Hunter 100
PostPosted: Sat Sep 03, 2016 2:03 pm
Naohiko would spend about thirty minutes with her.  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 04, 2016 3:41 pm
@ Naohiko:

Things would get hot and heavy, and half an hour would come and go.

The girl pulled you into a side chamber for storage, it seems. Luckily, you appear to be far enough removed where you are not discovered.

Naohiko, I'm going to give you one more chance at the Intelligence check to remember her.  

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

Plainsfox rolled 5 10-sided dice: 3, 5, 4, 7, 9 Total: 28 (5-50)

Plainsfox

Romantic Paladin

10,600 Points
  • Battle Hardened 150
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Bunny Hunter 100
PostPosted: Sun Sep 04, 2016 3:50 pm
The Kraken samurai paused a second to make sure things were in their proper place. He knew that girl from somewhere, Naohiko was racking his brain trying to place her as he started to move towards where he thought the cooking contest was being held. At least he should be able to get fed finally.

OOC:
Intelligence 3k3 w/ 2 dice to handle explosions
Results: 12  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 04, 2016 4:04 pm
@ Naohiko:

No clue! There was a flicker of remembrance during playtime, but now you can't recall what you remembered to save your life.

"I'm glad you came for me," the girl would say, a smile on her face, as she tried to remain in contact with Naohiko, her hands and cheek on his back. "I knew you wouldn't forget about me, Naohiko-sama."

How do you want to extract yourself from this situation, Naohiko?

Also note that you chased after her around the time the cooking presentation began. Timeline wise, this is around the time Kioko would be leaving Gendo's project.  

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

Plainsfox

Romantic Paladin

10,600 Points
  • Battle Hardened 150
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Bunny Hunter 100
PostPosted: Sun Sep 04, 2016 9:25 pm
@Kimono finding

Naohiko would take the girl's hands in his gently as he rose to stand, making her stand as well. Unable to resist, he'd kiss the girl again. After he was done with that, he'd let go of her hands. "I'm glad I went after you, too." he gave a sheepish grin that faded a bit."I really should find Himura-hime now. I'm sure she'll need me. I'm sure you probably have tasks you need to do as well. Where can I find you in this castle?" He would gather and account for all of his belongings as he waited for the girl's reply.  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 05, 2016 5:39 pm
Gendo would bow as Kioko left, then begin gathering up his stuff. Dog and hammer in tow, he'd thank Ryuji for his assistance and tell him he'd remember the man should he require such again. If the Crab was still there, he'd bow to him, thank him for not just giving up like SOME people. He'd then bid farewell to the Kakita and then head back towards his room. Unless, of course, he got distracted by something, someone, or a dog needing a walk.  

Raganui Minamoto

Distinct Prophet

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

PostPosted: Wed Sep 07, 2016 9:12 pm
@ Naohiko:

The girl would shake her head. "It's not that simple. I have responsibilities, I have to be all over the place." She would pause.

"Will you take me with you, when you go back?"

--------------------

@ Gendo:

Ryuji would give Gendo an inquisitive look. "Should I... uh... be displaying the jitte you created for you then, samurai-sama?"

The Crab would still be there, as after Kioko's departure, some assorted samurai would begin to filter in and look at the completed projects - namely, his bow and your jitte.

You may leave, of course, as nothing is preventing you from doing so. Will you?  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2016 11:09 am
Naohiko look became serious and more sober. "Megumi Tenpi, while beautiful....is not this. It is a small island where even the most basic amenities here on the main land may be scarce and rare.If you are willing to deal with that, then yes. I will take you home with me."  

Plainsfox

Romantic Paladin

10,600 Points
  • Battle Hardened 150
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Bunny Hunter 100
[L5R 4e] Unity

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 51 52 53 54 55 56 ... 81 82 83 84 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games