Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Bible Guild

Back to Guilds

What if Jesus meant every word He said? 

Tags: God, Jesus, The Holy Spirit, The Bible, Truth, Love, Eternal Life, Salvation, Faith, Holy, Fellowship, Apologetics 

Reply The Bible
The Kings James Bible (1611) Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 51 52 53 54 55 56 ... 77 78 79 80 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Bible guild Mule
Captain

PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2018 11:32 am
Jeremiah
Chapter 36
Viewing the original 1611 KJV

1 And it came to passe in the fourth yeere of Iehoiakim the sonne of Iosiah king of Iudah, that this word came vnto Ieremiah from the Lord, saying;

2 Take thee a roule of a booke, and write therein all the words that I haue spoken vnto thee against Israel, and against Iudah, & against all the nations, from the day I spake vnto thee, frō the dayes of Iosiah, euen vnto this day.

3 It may be that the house of Iudah will heare all the euil which I purpose to doe vnto them; that they may returne euery man from his euill way, that I may forgiue their iniquitie, and their sinne.

4 Then Ieremiah called Baruch the sonne of Neriah, and Baruch wrote from the mouth of Ieremiah all the words of the Lord, which he had spoken vnto him, vpon a roule of a booke.

5 And Ieremiah commanded Baruch, saying, I am shut vp, I cannot goe into the house of the Lord.

6 Therefore goe thou and reade in the roule, which thou hast written from my mouth, the wordes of the Lord in the eares of the people in the Lords house vpon the fasting day: and also thou shalt reade them in the eares of all Iudah, that come out of their cities.

7 It may bee they will present their supplication before the Lord, and will returne euery one from his euill way; for great is the anger and the furie that the Lord hath pronounced against this people.

8 And Baruch the sonne of Neriah did according to all that Ieremiah the Prophet commanded him, reading in the booke the wordes of the Lord, in the Lords house.

9 And it came to passe in the fifth yeere of Iehoiakim the sonne of Iosiah king of Iudah, in the ninth moneth, that they proclaimed a fast before the Lord to all the people in Ierusalem, & to all the people that came from the cities of Iudah vnto Ierusalem.

10 Then read Baruch in the booke, the wordes of Ieremiah in the house of the Lord, in the chamber of Gemariah the sonne of Shaphan the scribe, in the higher court at the entry of the newe gate of the Lords house, in the eares of all the people.

11 ¶ When Michaiah the sonne of Gemariah the sonne of Shaphan had heard out of the booke, all the words of the Lord;

12 Then hee went downe into the kings house into the scribes chamber, and loe, all the princes sate there, euen Elishama the scribe, and Delaiah the sonne of Shemaiah, and Elnathan the sonne of Achbor, and Gemariah the sonne of Shaphan, and Zedekiah the sonne of Hananiah, and all the princes.

13 Then Michaiah declared vnto them all the words that hee had heard when Baruch read the booke in the eares of the people.

14 Therefore all the princes sent Iehudi the sonne of Nethaniah, the sonne of Shelemiah, the sonne of Cushi, vnto Baruch, saying; Take in thine hand the roule wherein thou hast read in the eares of the people, and come. So Baruch the sonne of Neriah took the roule in his hand, and came vnto them.

15 And they sayde vnto him, Sit downe now and read it in our eares. So Baruch read it in their eares.

16 Now it came to passe when they had heard all the words, they were afraid both one and other, and sayd vnto Baruch, Wee will surely tell the King of all these words.

17 And they asked Baruch, saying, Tell vs now, How diddest thou write all these words at his mouth?

18 Then Baruch answered them, Hee pronounced all these words vnto me with his mouth, and I wrote them with inke in the Booke.

19 Then said the Princes vnto Baruch, Go hide thee, thou and Ieremiah, and let no man know where yee bee.

20 ¶ And they went in to the King into the Court, bnt they layed vp the roule in the chamber of Elishama the Scribe, and told all the words in the eares of the king.

21 So the king sent Iehudi to fet the roule, and hee tooke it out of Elishama the scribes chamber, and Iehudi read it in the eares of the king, and in the eares of all the princes which stood beside the king.

22 Now the king sate in the winter house, in the ninth moneth, & there was a fire on the hearth burning before him.

23 And it came to passe that when Iehudi had read three or foure leaues, he cut it with the penknife, and cast it into the fire that was on the hearth, vntill all the roule was consumed in the fire that was on the hearth.

24 Yet they were not afraid, nor rent their garments, neither the king, nor any of his seruants that heard all these words.

25 Neuerthelesse Elnathan, and Delaiah & Gemariah had made intercession to the king that he would not burne the roule, but he would not heare them.

26 But the king commaunded Ierahmeel the sonne of Hammelech, and Seraiah the sonne of Azriel, & Shelennah the sonne of Abdiel, to take Baruch the scribe, and Ieremiah the Prophet: but the Lord hid them.

27 ¶ Then the word of the Lord came to Ieremiah (after that the king had burnt the roule and the words which Baruch wrote at the mouth of Ieremiah) saying;

28 Take thee againe another roule, and write in it all the former words that were in the first roule, which Iehoiakim the king of Iudah hath burnt.

29 And thou shalt say to Iehoiakim king of Iudah, Thus sayth the Lord, Thou hast burnt this roule, saying, Why hast thou written therein, saying, The king of Babylon shall certainely come and destroy this land, and shall cause to cease from thence man and beast?

30 Therefore thus saith the Lord of Iehoiakim king of Iudah; He shall haue none to sit vpon the throne of Dauid, and his dead body shall be cast out in the day to the heate, and in the night to the frost.

31 And I will punish him and his seede, and his seruants for their iniquitie, and I will bring vpon them, and vpon the inhabitants of Ierusalem, and vpon the men of Iudah all the euill that I haue pronounced against them: but they hearkened not.

32 ¶ Then tooke Ieremiah another roule, and gaue it to Baruch the scribe the sonne of Neriah, who wrote therein from the mouth of Ieremiah, all the words of the booke which Iehoiakim king of Iudah had burnt in the fire, and there were added besides vnto them, many like words.  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2018 11:33 am
Jeremiah
Chapter 37

1 And king Zedekiah the sonne of Iosiah reigned in stead of Coniah the son of Iehoiakim, whō Nebuchad-rezzar king of Babylon made king in the land of Iudah.

2 But neither he, nor his seruants, nor the people of the land, did hearken vnto the words of the Lord, which he spake by the prophet Ieremiah.

3 And Zedekiah the king sent Iehucal the sonne of Shelemiah, and Zephaniah the son of Maaseiah the priest to the prophet Ieremiah, saying, Pray now vnto the Lord our God for vs.

4 Nowe Ieremiah came in and went out among the people: for they had not put him into prison.

5 Then Pharaohs armie was come forth out of Egypt: and when the Caldeans that besieged Ierusalem, heard tidings of them, they departed from Ierusalem.

6 ¶ Then came the word of the Lord vnto the Prophet Ieremiah, saying,

7 Thus saith the Lord, the God of Israel, Thus shall ye say to the king of Iudah, that sent you vnto me to enquire of me, Behold, Pharaohs armie which is come forth to helpe you, shall returne to Egypt into their owne land.

8 And the Caldeans shall come againe, and fight against this citie and take it, and burne it with fire.

9 Thus saith the Lord, Deceiue not your selues, saying, The Caldeans shall surely depart from vs: for they shall not depart.

10 For though yee had smitten the whole armie of the Caldeans that fight against you, and there remained but wounded men among them, yet should they rise vp euery man in his tent, and burne this citie with fire.

11 ¶ And it came to passe that when the armie of the Caldeans was broken vp from Ierusalem for feare of Pharaohs armie,

12 Then Ieremiah went forth out of Ierusalem to goe into the lande of Beniamin, to separate himselfe thence in the mids of the people.

13 And when he was in the gate of Beniamin, a captaine of the warde was there, whose name was Irijah, the son of Shelemiah, the sonne of Hananiah, & he tooke Ieremiah the Prophet, saying, Thou fallest away to the Caldeans

14 Then said Ieremiah, It is false, I fall not away to the Caldeans: but he hearkened not to him: so Irijah tooke Ieremiah, and brought him to the princes.

15 Wherfore the princes were wroth with Ieremiah, and smote him, and put him in prison, in the house of Ionathan the scribe, for they had made that the prison.

16 ¶ When Ieremiah was entred into the dungeon, and into the cabbins, and Ieremiah had remained there many dayes:

17 Then Zedekiah the king sent and tooke him out, and the king asked him secretly in his house, and said, Is there any word from the Lord ? and Ieremiah said, There is: for, said he, thou shalt be deliuered into the hand of the king of Babylon.

18 Moreouer Ieremiah sayd vnto king Zedekiah, What haue I offended against thee, or against thy seruants, or against this people, that yee haue put me in prison?

19 Where are now your prophets, which prophecied vnto you, saying, The king of Babylon shall not come against you, nor against this land?

20 Therefore heare now, I pray thee, O my Lord the king; let my supplication, I pray thee, be accepted before thee, that thou cause me not to returne to the house of Ionathan the scribe, lest I die there.

21 Then Zedekiah the king commanded that they should commit Ieremiah into the court of the prison, and that they should giue him daily a piece of bread out of the bakers streete, vntill all the bread in the citie were spent. Thus Ieremiah remained in the court of the prison.  

Bible guild Mule
Captain

Bible guild Mule
Captain

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2018 11:50 am
Jeremiah
Chapter 38

1 Then Shephatiah the sonne of Mattan, and Gedaliah the sonne of Pashur and Iucal the sonne of Shelemiah, & Pashur the sonne of Malchiah heard the words that Ieremiah had spoken vnto all the people, saying,

2 Thus saith the Lord, He that remaineth in this citie, shall die by the sword, by the famine, and by the pestilence, but he that goeth forth to the Caldeans, shall liue: for he shall haue his life for a pray, and shall liue.

3 Thus saith the Lord, This citie shall surely be giuen into the hand of the king of Babylons armie, which shall take it.

4 Therefore the princes sayd vnto the king, We beseech thee let this man be put to death: for thus he weakeneth the hands of the men of warre that remaine in this citie, and the hands of all the people, in speaking such words vnto them: for this man seeketh not the welfare of this people, but the hurt.

5 Then Zedekiah the king sayd, Behold, he is in your hand; for the king is not he that can do any thing against you.

6 Then tooke they Ieremiah, and cast him into the dungeon of Malchiah the sonne of Hammelech that was in the court of the prison: and they let downe Ieremiah with cords: and in the dungeon there was no water, but mire: so Ieremiah sunke in the mire.

7 ¶ Now when Ebed-melech the Ethiopian, one of þe eunuches which was in the kings house, heard that they had put Ieremiah in the dungeon (the king then sitting in the gate of Beniamin)

8 Ebed-melech went foorth out of the kings house, and spake to the king, saying,

9 My lord the king, these men haue done euill in all that they haue done to Ieremiah the Prophet, whom they haue cast into the dungeon, and he is like to die for hunger in the place where he is, for there is no more bread in the city.

10 Then the king commanded Ebed-melech the Ethiopian, saying, Take from hence thirtie men with thee, and take vp Ieremiah the Prophet out of the dungeon before he die.

11 So Ebed-melech tooke the men with him, and went into the house of the king vnder the treasurie, and tooke thence old cast cloutes, and old rotten ragges, and let them downe by cordes into the dungeon to Ieremiah.

12 And Ebed-melech the Ethiopian said vnto Ieremiah, Put now these old cast cloutes and rotten ragges vnder thine arme-holes, vnder the cordes. And Ieremiah did so.

13 So they drew vp Ieremiah with cordes, and tooke him vp out of the dungeon, and Ieremiah remained in the court of the prison.

14 ¶ Then Zedekiah the king sent, and tooke Ieremiah the Prophet vnto him into the third entrie that is in the house of the Lord, and the king said vnto Ieremiah, I will aske thee a thing: hide nothing from me.

15 Then Ieremiah said vnto Zedekiah, If I declare it vnto thee, wilt thou not surely put me to death? and if I giue thee counsell, wilt thou not hearken vnto me?

16 So the king sware secretly vnto Ieremiah, saying, As the Lord liueth that made vs this soule, I wil not put thee to death, neither will I giue thee into the hand of these men that seeke thy life.

17 Then said Ieremiah vnto Zedekiah, Thus saith the Lord the God of hostes, the God of Israel, If thou wilt assuredly goe foorth vnto the king of Babylons Princes, then thy soule shall liue, and this Citie shall not be burnt with fire, and thou shalt liue, and thine house.

18 But if thou wilt not goe foorth to the king of Babylons Princes, then shall this City be giuen into the hand of the Caldeans, and they shall burne it with fire, and thou shalt not escape out of their hand.

19 And Zedekiah the king said vnto Ieremiah, I am afraid of the Iewes that are fallen to the Caldeans, lest they deliuer mee into their hand, and they mocke me.

20 But Ieremiah said, They shall not deliuer thee: obey, I beseech thee, the voyce of the Lord, which I speake vnto thee: so it shall be well vnto thee, and thy soule shall liue.

21 But if thou refuse to goe foorth, this is the word that the Lord hath shewed me.

22 And behold, all the women that are left in the king of Iudahs house, shalbe brought forth to the king of Babylons Princes, and those women shall say, Thy friends haue set thee on, and haue preuailed against thee: thy feet are sunke in the mire, and they are turned away backe.

23 So they shall bring out all thy wiues, and thy children to the Caldeans, and thou shalt not escape out of their hand, but shalt be taken by the hand of the King of Babylon: and thou shalt cause this citie to be burnt with fire.

24 ¶ Then said Zedekiah vnto Ieremiah, Let no man know of these words, and thou shalt not die.

25 But if the Princes heare that I haue talked with thee, and they come vnto thee, and say vnto thee, Declare vnto vs now what thou hast said vnto the king; hide it not from vs, and wee wil not put thee to death; also what the king said vnto thee:

26 Then thou shalt say vnto them, I presented my supplication before the king, that he would not cause me to returne to Ionathans house to die there.

27 Then came all the Princes vnto Ieremiah, and asked him, and he told them according to all these words, that the king had commanded: so they left off speaking with him, for the matter was not perceiued.

28 So Ieremiah abode in the court of the prison, vntill the day that Ierusalem was taken, and hee was there when Ierusalem was taken.  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2018 11:26 am
Jeremiah
Chapter 39

1 In the ninth yeere of Zedekiah king of Iudah, in the tenth moneth, came Nebuchad rezzar king of Babylon, and all his armie against Ierusalem, and they besieged it.

2 And in the eleuenth yeere of Zedekiah, in the fourth moneth, the ninth day of the moneth, the citie was broken vp.

3 And all the princes of the king of Babylon came in, and sate in the middle gate, euen Nergal-Sharezer, Samgar-Nebo, Sarsechim, Rabsaris, Nergal-Sharezer, Rabmag, with all the residue of the princes of the king of Babylon.

4 ¶ And it came to passe, that when Zedekiah the king of Iudah saw them and all the men of warre, then they fled and went forth out of the citie by night, by the way of the kings garden, by the gate betwixt the two walles, and hee went out the way of the plaine.

5 But the Caldeans armie pursued after them, and ouertooke Zedekiah in the plaines of Iericho: and when they had taken him, they brought him vp to Nebuchad-nezzar king of Babylon to Riblah in the land of Hamath, where he gaue iudgement vpon him.

6 Then the king of Babylon slewe the sonnes of Zedekiah in Riblah before his eyes: also the king of Babylon slew all the nobles of Iudah.

7 Moreouer he put out Zedekiahs eyes, and bound him with chaines, to cary him to Babylon.

8 ¶ And the Caldeans burnt the kings house, and the houses of the people with fire, and brake downe the wals of Ierusalem.

9 Then Nebuzaradan the captaine of the guard caried away captiue into Babylon the remnant of the people that remained in the citie, and those that fell away, that fell to him, with the rest of the people that remained.

10 But Nebuzaradan the captaine of the guard left of the poore of the people which had nothing, in the land of Iudah, and gaue them vineyards and fieldes at the same time.

11 ¶ Now Nebuchad-rezzar king of Babylon gaue charge coucerning Ieremiah to Nebuzaradan the captaine of the guard, saying;

12 Take him, and looke well to him, and doe him no harme, but doe vnto him euen as he shall say vnto thee.

13 So Nebuzaradan the captaine of the guard sent, and Nebushasban, Rabsaris, and Nergal-Sharezer, Rabmag, and all the King of Babylons Princes:

14 Euen they sent, and tooke Ieremiah out of the court of the prison, and committed him vnto Gedaliah the son of Ahikam, the sonne of Shaphan, that hee should carie him home: so hee dwelt among the people.

15 ¶ Now the word of the Lord came vnto Ieremiah, while hee was shut vp in the court of the prison, saying;

16 Goe and speake to Ebed-melech the Ethiopian, saying, Thus sayth the Lord of hostes the God of Israel, Behold, I will bring my words vpon this citie for euill, and not for good, and they shall be accomplished in that day before thee.

17 But I will deliuer thee in that day, sayth the Lord, and thou shalt not be giuen into the hand of the men of whom thou art afraid.

18 For I wil surely deliuer thee, and thou shalt not fall by the sword, but thy life shall be for a pray vnto thee, because thou hast put thy trust in me, sayth the Lord.  

Bible guild Mule
Captain

Bible guild Mule
Captain

PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2018 10:38 am
Jeremiah
Chapter 40

1 The word which came to Ieremiah frō the Lord after that Nebuzaradan the captaine of the guard had let him goe from Ramath, when hee had taken him being bound in chaines among all that were caried away captiue of Ierusalem and Iudah, which were caried away captiue vnto Babylon.

2 And the captaine of the gard took Ieremiah, and sayd vnto him, The Lord thy God hath pronounced this euill vpon this place.

3 Now the Lord hath brought it, and done according as he hath sayd: because yee haue sinned against the Lord, and haue not obeyed his voyce, therefore this thing is come vpon you.

4 And now behold, I loose thee this day from the chaines which were vpon thine hand: if it seeme good vnto thee to come with me into Babylon, come, and I will looke well vnto thee: but if it seeme ill vnto thee to come with me into Babylon, forbeare: behold, all the land is before thee: whither it seemeth good and conuenient for thee to goe, thither goe.

5 Now while he was not yet gone backe, he sayd, Goe backe also to Gedaliah the sonne of Ahikam the sonne of Shaphan, whom the king of Babylon hath made gouernour ouer all the cities of Iudah, and dwell with him among the people: or goe wheresoeuer it seemeth conuenient vnto thee to goe. So the captaine of the gard gaue him vitailes and a reward, and let him goe.

6 Then went Ieremiah vnto Gedaliah the sonne of Ahikam to Mizpah, and dwelt with him among the people, that were left in the land.

7 ¶ Now when all the captaines of the forces which were in the fields, euen they and their men, heard that the king of Babylon had made Gedaliah the sonne of Ahikam gouernour in the land, and had committed vnto him men, and women and children, and of the poore of the land, of them that were not caried away captiue to Babylon;

8 Then they came to Gedaliah to Mizpah, euen Ishmael the sonne of Nethaniah, and Iohanan, and Ionathan the sonnes of Kareah, and Seraiah the sonne of Tanhumeth, and the sonnes of Ephai the Netophathite, and Iezaniah the sonne of a Maachathite, they and their men.

9 And Gedaliah the sonne of Ahikam the sonne of Shaphan, sware vnto them and to their men, saying, Feare not to serue the Caldeans: dwell in the land and serue the king of Babylon, and it shalbe well with you.

10 As for me, behold, I will dwell at Mizpah to serue the Caldeans, which will come vnto vs: but yee, gather yee wine, and summer fruits, and oyle, and put them in your vessels, and dwell in your cities, that yee haue taken.

11 Likewise when all the Iewes that were in Moab, and among the Ammonites, and in Edom, and that were in all the countries, heard that the king of Babylon had left a remnant of Iudah, and that he had set ouer them Gedaliah the sonne of Ahikam the sonne of Shaphan;

12 Euen all the Iewes returned out of all places whither they were driuen, and came to the land of Iudah, to Gedaliah vnto Mizpah, and gathered wine and summer fruits, very much.

13 ¶ Moreouer Iohanan the sonne of Kareah, and all the captaines of the forces that were in the fields, came to Gedaliah to Mizpah,

14 And sayd vnto him, Doest thou certainly know, that Baalis the king of the Ammonites hath sent Ishmael the sonne of Nethaniah to slay thee? But Gedaliah the sonne of Ahikam beleeued them not.

15 Then Iohanan the sonne of Kareah, spake to Gedaliah in Mizpah secretly, saying, Let me goe, I pray thee, and I will slay Ishmael the sonne of Nethaniah, and no man shall know it. Wherefore should he slay thee, that all the Iewes which are gathered vnto thee should be scattered, and the remnant in Iudah perish?

16 But Gedaliah the sonne of Ahikam sayd vnto Iohanan the sonne of Kareah; Thou shalt not do this thing, for thou speakest falsely of Ishmael.  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2018 9:55 am
Jeremiah
Chapter 41

1 Now it came to passe in the seuenth moneth, that Ishmael the sonne of Nethaniah the sonne of Elishamah of the seede royall, and the princes of the king, euen tenne men with him, came vnto Gedaliah the sonne of Ahikam to Mizpah, and there they did eate bread together in Mizpah.

2 Then arose Ishmael the sonne of Nethaniah, and the ten men that were with him, and smote Gedaliah the son of Ahikam the sonne of Shaphan with the sword, and slew him, whome the king of Babylon had made gouernour ouer the land.

3 Ishmael also slew all the Iewes that were with him, euen with Gedaliah at Mizpah, and the Caldeans that were found there, and the men of warre.

4 And it came to passe the second day after he had slaine Gedaliah, and no man knew it,

5 That there came certaine from Shechem, from Shiloh, and from Samaria, euen fourescore men, hauing their beards shauen, and their clothes rent, and hauing cut themselues, with offerings and incense in their hand, to bring them to the house of the Lord.

6 And Ishmael the sonne of Nethaniah went foorth from Mizpah to meete them, weeping all along as hee went: and it came to passe as hee met them, he said vnto them, Come to Gedaliah the sonne of Ahikam.

7 And it was so when they came into the midst of the citie, that Ishmael the sonne of Nethaniah slew them, and cast them into the midst of the pit, he, and the men that were with him.

8 But ten men were found among them, that said vnto Ishmael, Slay vs not: for we haue treasures in the field, of wheate, and of barley, and of oyle, and of hony: so he forbare, and slewe them not among their brethren.

9 Now the pit wherein Ishmael had cast all the dead bodies of the men (whom he had slaine because of Gedaliah) was it, which Asa the king had made, for feare of Baasha king of Israel, and Ishmael the sonne of Nethaniah filled it with them that were slaine.

10 Then Ishmael caried away captiue all the residue of the people, that were in Mizpah, euen the kings daughters, and al the people that remained in Mizpah, whom Nebuzaradan the captaine of the guard had committed to Gedaliah the sonne of Ahikam, and Ishmael the sonne of Nethaniah caried them away captiue, and departed to goe ouer to the Ammonites.

11 ¶ But when Iohanan the sonne of Kareah, and all the captaines of the forces that were with him, heard of all the euill that Ishmael the sonne of Nethaniah had done,

12 Then they tooke all the men, and went to fight with Ishmael the sonne of Nethaniah, and found him by the great waters that are in Gibeon.

13 Now it came to passe that when al the people which were with Ishmael, sawe Iohanan the sonne of Kareah, and all the captaines of the forces, that were with him, then they were glad.

14 So all the people that Ishmael had caried away captiue from Mizpah cast about and returned, and went vnto Iohanan the sonne of Kareah.

15 But Ishmael the sonne of Nethaniah escaped from Iohanan with eight men, and went to the Ammonites.

16 Then tooke Iohanan the sonne of Kareah, and all the captaines of the forces that were with him, all the remnant of the people whom he had recouered from Ishmael the sonne of Nethaniah, from Mizpah (after that he had slaine Gedaliah the sonne of Ahikam,) euen mighty men of warre, and the women, and the children, and the eunuches whom he had brought againe from Gibeon.

17 And they departed and dwelt in the habitation of Chimham, which is by Bethlehem, to goe to enter into Egypt,

18 Because of the Caldeans: for they were afraid of them, because Ishmael the sonne of Nethaniah had slaine Gedaliah the sonne of Ahikam, whom the king of Babylon made gouernour in the land.  

Bible guild Mule
Captain

Bible guild Mule
Captain

PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2018 11:53 am
Jeremiah
Chapter 42

1 Then all the captaines of the forces, and Iohanan the sonne of Kareah, and Iezaniah the sonne of Hoshaiah, and all the people from the least euen vnto the greatest, came neere,

2 And said vnto Ieremiah the prophet, Let, we beseech thee, our supplication be accepted before thee, and pray for vs vnto the Lord thy God, euen for all this remnant (for we are left but a few of many, as thine eies do behold vs)

3 That the Lord thy God may shew vs the way wherein we may walke, and the thing that we may doe.

4 Then Ieremiah the prophet sayd vnto them, I haue heard you; behold, I will pray vnto the Lord your God, according to your words, and it shall come to passe that whatsoeuer thing the Lord shall answere you, I will declare it vnto you: I will keepe nothing backe from you.

5 Then they sayd to Ieremiah, The Lord be a true and faithfull witnesse betweene vs, if we doe not, euen according to all things for the which the Lord thy God shall send thee to vs.

6 Whether it be good, or whether it be euill, we will obey the voice of the Lord our God, to whom we send thee, that it may be well with vs, when we obey the voice of the Lord our God.

7 ¶ And it came to passe after tenne dayes, that the word of the Lord came vnto Ieremiah.

8 Then called hee Iohanan the sonne of Kareah, and all the captaines of the forces which were with him, and all the people, from the least, euen to the greatest,

9 And said vnto them, Thus saith the Lord, the God of Israel, vnto whom ye sent me to present your supplication before him:

10 If ye will still abide in this land, then will I build you, and not pull you downe, and I will plant you, and not plucke you vp: for I repent mee of the euill, that I haue done vnto you.

11 Be not afraid of the king of Babylon, of whom yee are afraid: be not afraid of him, saith the Lord: for I am with you to saue you, and to deliuer you from his hand.

12 And I will shew mercies vnto you, that he may haue mercy vpon you; and cause you to returne to your owne land.

13 ¶ But if ye say, We will not dwell in this land, neither obey the voice of the Lord your God,

14 Saying, No, but we will goe into the land of Egypt, where we shall see no warre, nor heare the sound of the Trumpet, nor haue hunger of bread, and there will we dwell:

15 (And now therefore heare the word of the Lord, yee remnant of Iudah, Thus saith the Lord of hostes the God of Israel, If ye wholly set your faces to enter into Egypt, and goe to soiourne there:.)

16 Then it shall come to passe, that the sword which yee feared, shall ouertake you there in the land of Egypt, and the famine whereof yee were afraid, shall follow close after you in Egypt, and there ye shall die.

17 So shall it bee with all the men that set their faces to goe into Egypt to soiourne there, they shall die by the sword, by the famine, and by the pestilence: and none of them shall remaine or escape from the euil that I will bring vpon them.

18 For thus saith the Lord of hosts the God of Israel, As mine anger and my furie hath bene powred foorth vpon the inhabitants of Ierusalem: so shall my furie bee powred foorth vpon you, when yee shall enter into Egypt: and ye shall be an execration, and an astonishment, and a curse, and a reproch, and ye shall see this place no more.

19 ¶ The Lord hath said concerning you, O ye remnant of Iudah, Goe ye not into Egypt: know certainly, that I haue admonished you this day.

20 For ye dissembled in your hearts when ye sent me vnto the Lord your God, saying, Pray for vs vnto the Lord our God, and according vnto all that the Lord our God shall say, so declare vnto vs, and we wil doe it.

21 And now I haue this day declared it to you, but ye haue not obeied the voice of the Lord your God, nor any thing for the which he hath sent me vnto you.

22 Now therefore know certainly, that ye shall die by the sword, by the famine, and by the pestilence, in the place whither ye desire to go and to soiourne.  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2018 7:45 am
Jeremiah
Chapter 43

1 And it came to passe that whē Ieremiah had made an end of speaking vnto all the people, al the words of the Lord their God, for which the Lord their God had sent him to them, euen all these words;

2 Then spake Azariah the sonne of Hoshaiah, and Iohanan the sonne of Kareah, and all the proud men, saying vnto Ieremiah, Thou speakest falsly: the Lord our God hath not sent thee to say, Goe not into Egypt, to soiourne there.

3 But Baruch the sonne of Neriah setteth thee on against vs, for to deliuer vs into the hand of the Caldeans, that they might put vs to death, and carie vs away captiues into Babylon.

4 So Iohanan the sonne of Kareah, and all the captaines of the forces, and all the people, obeied not the voice of the Lord, to dwell in the land of Iudah.

5 But Iohanan the sonne of Kareah, and all the captaines of the forces, tooke all the remnant of Iudah, that were returned from all nations whither they had bene driuen, to dwell in the land of Iudah,

6 Euen men, and women, and children, and the kings daughters, and euery person that Nebuzaradan the captaine of the guard had left with Gedaliah the sonne of Ahikam, the sonne of Shaphan, and Ieremiah the Prophet, and Baruch the sonne of Neriah.

7 So they came into the land of Egypt: for they obeyed not the voyce of the Lord, thus came they euen to Tahpanhes.

8 ¶ Then came the word of the Lord vnto Ieremiah in Tahpanhes, saying;

9 Take great stones in thine hand, and hide them in the clay in the bricke kill, which is at the entry of Pharaohs house in Tahpanhes, in the sight of the men of Iudah:

10 And say vnto them, Thus saieth the Lord of hosts the God of Israel; Beholde, I will send and take Nebuchadrezzar the king of Babylon my seruant, and will set his throne vpon these stones that I haue hidde, and hee shall spread his royall pauilion ouer them.

11 And when he commeth, hee shall smite the land of Egypt, and deliuer such as are for death, to death; and such as are for captiuitie to captiuitie; and such as are for the sword, to the sword.

12 And I wil kindle a fire in the houses of the gods of Egypt, and hee shall burne them, and carry them away captiues, and hee shall aray himselfe with the land of Egypt, as a shepheard putteth on his garment, and hee shall goe forth from thence in peace.

13 He shall breake also the images of Beth-shemesh that is in the land of Egypt, and the houses of the gods of the Egyptians shall he burne with fire.  

Bible guild Mule
Captain

Bible guild Mule
Captain

PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2018 7:29 am
Jeremiah
Chapter 44

1 The word that came to Ieremiah concerning all the Iewes which dwel in the land of Egypt, which dwell at Migdol, and at Tahpanhes, and at Noph, and in the countrey of Pathros, saying,

2 Thus saith the Lord of hosts, the God of Israel; Ye haue seene all the euill that I haue brought vpon Ierusalem, and vpon all the cities of Iudah: and behold, this day they are a desolation, and no man dwelleth therein,

3 Because of their wickednes which they haue committed, to prouoke me to anger, in that they went to burne incense, and to serue other gods, whom they knew not, neither they, you, nor your fathers.

4 Howbeit I sent vnto you all my seruants the Prophets, rising early and sending them, saying, Oh doe not this abominable thing that I hate.

5 But they hearkened not, nor enclined their eare to turne from their wickednes, to burne no incense vnto other gods.

6 Wherefore my furie and mine anger was powred forth, and was kindled in the cities of Iudah, and in the streets of Ierusalem, and they are wasted and desolate, as at this day.

7 Therefore now thus saith the Lord the God of hostes, the God of Israel, Wherefore commit ye this great euill against your soules, to cut off from you man and woman, childe and suckling out of Iudah, to leaue you none to remaine.

8 In that yee prouoke mee vnto wrath with the workes of your hands, burning incense vnto other gods in the land of Egypt whither ye bee gone to dwell, that yee might cut your selues off, and that ye might be a curse, and a reproch among all the nations of the earth?

9 Haue ye forgotten the wickednes of your fathers, and the wickednesse of the kings of Iudah, and the wickednes of their wiues, and your owne wickednesse, and the wickednesse of your wiues, which they haue committed in the land of Iudah, and in the streets of Ierusalem?

10 They are not humbled euen vnto this day, neither haue they feared, nor walked in my Law, nor in my Statutes that I set before you, and before your fathers.

11 ¶ Therefore thus sayeth the Lord of hostes, the God of Israel, Behold, I will set my face against you for euill, and to cut off all Iudah.

12 And I will take the remnant of Iudah, that haue set their faces to goe into the land of Egypt to soiourne there, and they shall all be consumed and fall in the land of Egypt: they shall euen bee consumed by the sword, and by the famine: they shall die, from the least euen vnto the greatest, by the sword and by the famine: and they shalbe an execration and an astonishment, and a curse, and a reproch.

13 For I will punish them that dwell in the land of Egypt, as I haue punished Ierusalem, by the sword, by the famine, and by the pestilence;

14 So that none of the remnant of Iudah which are gone into the land of Egypt to soiourne there, shall escape or remaine, that they should returne into the land of Iudah to the which they haue a desire to returne to dwell there: for none shall returne but such as shall escape.

15 ¶ Then all the men which knew that their wiues had burnt incense vnto other Gods, and all the women that stood by, a great multitude, euen all the people that dwelt in the land of Egypt in Pathros, answered Ieremiah, saying,

16 As for the word that thou hast spoken vnto vs in the name of the Lord, we will not hearken vnto thee.

17 But we will certainly doe whatsoeuer thing goeth forth out of our owne mouth, to burne incense vnto the queene of heauen, and to powre out drinke offrings vnto her, as we haue done, we and our fathers, our kings and our princes in the cities of Iudah, and in the streetes of Ierusalem: for then had we plentie of vitailes, and were well, and saw no euill.

18 But since we left off to burne incense to the queene of heauen, and to powre out drinke offrings vnto her, we haue wanted all things, and haue beene consumed by the sword, and by the famine.

19 And when we burnt incense to the queene of heauen, and powred out drinke offrings vnto her, did we make her cakes to worship her, and powre out drinke offrings vnto her without our men?

20 ¶ Then Ieremiah sayd vnto all the people, to the men and to the women, and to all the people which had giuen him that answere, saying;

21 The incense that yee burnt in the cities of Iudah, and in the streetes of Ierusalem, yee and your fathers, your kings and your princes, and the people of the land, did not the Lord remember them, and came it not into his minde?

22 So that the Lord could no longer beare, because of the euill of your doings, and because of the abominations, which yee haue committed: therefore is your land a desolation, and an astonishment, and a curse without an inhabitant, as at this day.

23 Because you haue burnt incense, and because yee haue sinned against the Lord, and haue not obeyed the voyce of the Lord, nor walked in his law, nor in his statutes, nor in his testimonies: therefore this euill is happened vnto you, as at this day.

24 Moreouer Ieremiah sayd vnto all the people, and to all the women; Heare the word of the Lord, all Iudah, that are in the land of Egypt.

25 Thus saith the Lord of hostes the God of Israel, saying: Yee and your wiues haue both spoken with your mouths, and fulfilled with your hand, saying; We will surely performe our vowes that we haue vowed, to burne incense to the queene of heauen, and to powre out drinke offrings vnto her: yee will surely accomplish your vowes, and surely performe your vowes.

26 Therefore heare yee the word of the Lord, all Iudah that dwell in the land of Egypt, Behold, I haue sworne by my great Name, saith the Lord, that my Name shal no more be named in the mouth of any man of Iudah, in all the land of Egypt, saying, The Lord God liueth.

27 Behold, I will watch ouer them for euill, and not for good, and all the men of Iudah that are in the land of Egypt shalbe consumed by the sword, & by the famin, vntil there be an end of them.

28 Yet a small number that escape the sword, shall returne out of the land of Egypt into the land of Iudah: and all the remnant of Iudah that are gone into the land of Egypt to soiourne there, shall know whose wordes shall stand, mine or theirs.

29 ¶ And this shalbe a signe vnto you, saith the Lord, that I will punish you in this place, that ye may knowe that my words shal surely stand against you for euill.

30 Thus saith the Lord, Behold, I will giue Pharaoh-Hophra king of Egypt into the hand of his enemies, and into the hande of them that seeke his life, as I gaue Zedekiah king of Iudah into the hand of Nebuchadrezzar king of Babylon his enemy, and that sought his life.  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2018 12:10 pm
Jeremiah
Chapter 45

1 The word that Ieremiah the Prophet spake vnto Baruch the sonne of Neriah, when he had written these words in a booke at the mouth of Ieremiah, in the fourth yeere of Iehoiakim the sonne of Iosiah king of Iudah, saying,

2 Thus saith the Lord the God of Israel vnto thee, O Baruch,

3 Thou didst say, Woe is me now, for the Lord hath added griefe to my sorow, I fainted in my sighing, and I find no rest.

4 ¶ Thus shalt thou say vnto him, The Lord saith thus, Behold, that which I haue built will I breake downe, and that which I haue planted I will plucke vp, euen this whole land:

5 And seekest thou great things for thy selfe? seeke them not: for behold, I wil bring euill vpon all flesh, saith the Lord: but thy life will I giue vnto thee for a pray in all places whither thou goest.  

Bible guild Mule
Captain

Bible guild Mule
Captain

PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2018 12:47 pm
Jeremiah
Chapter 46

1 The word of the Lord which came to Ieremiah the Prophet, against the Gentiles,

2 Against Egypt, against the armie of Pharaoh Necho king of Egypt, which was by the riuer Euphrates in Carchemish, which Nebuchad-rezzar king of Babylon smote in the fourth yeere of Iehoiakim the son of Iosiah king of Iudah.

3 Order ye the buckler and shield, and draw neere to battell.

4 Harnesse the horses, and get vp ye horsemen, and stand forth with your helmets, furbish the speares, and put on the brigandines.

5 Wherefore haue I seene them dismaid, and turned away backe? and their mightie ones are beaten downe, & are fled apace, and looke not back: for feare was round about, saith the Lord.

6 Let not the swift flee away, nor the mightie man escape: they shal stumble and fall toward the North by the riuer Euphrates.

7 Who is this that cōmeth vp as a flood, whose waters are moued as þe riuers?

8 Egypt riseth vp like a flood, and his waters are moued like the riuers, and he saith, I wil goe vp, and will couer the earth, I will destroy the citie and the inhabitants thereof.

9 Come vp ye horses, and rage yee charets, and let the mightie men come forth, the Ethiopians and the Libyans that handle the shield, and the Lydians that handle and bend the bow.

10 For this is the day of the Lord God of hostes, a day of vengeance, that he may auenge him of his aduersaries: and the sword shal deuoure, and it shall be satiate, and made drunke with their blood: for the Lord God of hosts hath a sacrifice in the North countrey by the riuer Euphrates.

11 Goe vp into Gilead, and take balme, O virgine, the daughter of Egypt: in vaine shalt thou vse many medicines: for thou shalt not be cured.

12 The nations haue heard of thy shame, and thy crie hath filled the land: for the mightie man hath stumbled against the mightie, and they are fallen both together.

13 ¶ The word that the Lord spake to Ieremiah the Prophet, how Nebuchadrezzar King of Babylon should come & smite the land of Egypt.

14 Declare ye in Egypt, and publish in Migdol, and publish in Noph, and in Tahpanhes: say ye, Stand fast, and prepare thee; for the sword shal deuoure round about thee.

15 Why are thy valiant men swept away? they stood not, because the Lord did driue them.

16 He made many to fall, yea one fell vpon another, and they said, Arise, and let vs goe againe to our owne people, and to the land of our natiuitie, from the oppressing sword.

17 They did crie there, Pharaoh king of Egypt is but a noise, he hath passed the time appointed.

18 As I liue, saith the King, whose Name is the Lord of hostes, Surely as Tabor is among the mountaines, and as Carmel by the Sea, so shall hee come.

19 Oh thou daughter dwelling in Egypt, furnish thy selfe to goe into captiuitie: for Noph shalbe waste and desolate without an inhabitant.

20 Egypt is like a very faire heifer, but destruction commeth: it commeth out of the North.

21 Also her hired men are in the midst of her, like fatted bullocks, for they also are turned backe, and are fled away together; they did not stand, because the day of their calamitie was come vpon them, and the time of their visitation.

22 The voice thereof shall goe like a serpent, for they shall march with an armie, and come against her with axes, as hewers of wood.

23 They shall cut downe her forrest, saith the Lord, though it cannot be searched, because they are more then the grashoppers, and are innumerable.

24 The daughter of Egypt shalbe confounded, she shalbe deliuered into the hand of the people of the North.

25 The Lord of hostes the God of Israel saith, Behold, I will punish the multitude of No, and Pharaoh, and Egypt, with their gods, and their kings, euen Pharaoh, and all them that trust in him.

26 And I will deliuer them into the hand of those that seeke their liues, and into the hand of Nebuchadrezzar king of Babylon, and into the hand of his seruants, and afterwards it shalbe inhabited, as in the dayes of old, saith the Lord.

27 ¶ But feare not thou, O my seruant Iacob, and be not dismaied, O Israel: for behold, I will saue thee from afarre off, and thy seed from the land of their captiuitie, and Iacob shall returne and be in rest and at ease, and none shall make him afraid.

28 Feare thou not, O Iacob my seruant, saith the Lord, for I am with thee, for I will make a full end of all the nations whither I haue driuen thee, but I will not make a full end of thee, but correct thee in measure, yet will I not leaue thee wholly vnpunished.  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2018 5:43 am
Jeremiah
Chapter 47

1 The word of the Lord that came to Ieremiah the Prophet against the Philistines, before that Pharaoh smote Gaza.

2 Thus saith the Lord, Behold, waters rise vp out of the North, and shall be an ouerflowing flood, and shall ouerflow the land, and all that is therein, the citie, and them that dwell therein: then the men shall crie, and all the inhabitants of the land shall howle.

3 At the noise of the stamping of the hoofes of his strong horses, at the rushing of his charets, and at the rumbling of his wheeles, the fathers shall not looke backe to their children for feeblenesse of handes.

4 Because of the day that commeth to spoile all the Philistines, and to cut off from Tyrus and Zidon euery helper that remaineth: for the Lord will spoile the Philistines, the remnant of the countrey of Caphtor.

5 Baldnesse is come vpon Gaza. Ashkelon is cut off with the remnant of their valley: how long wilt thou cut thy selfe?

6 O thou sword of the Lord, how long will it be ere thou be quiet? put vp thy selfe into thy scabberd, rest and be still.

7 How can it bee quiet, seeing the Lord hath giuen it a charge against Ashkelon, and against the sea shoare? there hath he appointed it.  

Bible guild Mule
Captain

Bible guild Mule
Captain

PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2018 8:19 am
Jeremiah
Chapter 48

1 Against Moab thus sayth the Lord of hostes, the God of Israel, Woe vnto Nebo, for it is spoiled: Kiriathaim is confounded and taken. Misgab is confounded and dismayed.

2 There shall bee no more prayse of Moab: in Heshbon they haue deuised euill against it; come and let vs cut it off from being a nation; also thou shalt bee cut downe, O Madmen, the sword shall pursue thee.

3 A voice of crying shall be from Horonaim; Spoiling & great destruction.

4 Moab is destroyed, her little ones haue caused a crie to be heard.

5 For in the going vp of Luhith continuall weeping shall go vp; for in the going downe of Horonaim the enemies haue heard a crie of destruction.

6 Flee, saue your liues, and be like the heath in the wildernesse.

7 ¶ For because thou hast trusted in thy workes, and in thy treasures, thou shalt also be taken, and Chemosh shall goe foorth into captiuitie with his priests and his princes together.

8 And the spoyler shall come vpon euery citie, and no citie shall escape: the valley also shal perish, & the plaine shall be destroyed, as þe Lord hath spoken.

9 Giue wings vnto Moab, that it may flee and get away: for the cities thereof shalbe desolate, without any to dwell therein.

10 Cursed be he that doeth the worke of the Lord deceitfully, and cursed be he that keepeth backe his sword from blood.

11 ¶ Moab hath bene at ease from his youth, and hee hath setled on his lees, and hath not been emptied from vessell to vessell, neither hath he gone into captiuitie: therefore his taste remained in him, and his sent is not changed.

12 Therfore behold, the dayes come, sayth the Lord, that I will send vnto him wanderers that shall cause him to wander, and shall emptie his vessels, and breake their bottles.

13 And Moab shall bee ashamed of Chemosh, as the house of Israel was ashamed of Bethel their confidence.

14 ¶ How say yee, We are mightie and strong men for the warre?

15 Moab is spoiled and gone vp out of her cities, and his chosen yong men are gone downe to the slaughter, sayth the King, whose Name is the Lord of hostes.

16 The calamitie of Moab is neere to come, and his affliction hasteth fast.

17 All yee that are about him bemoane him, and all yee that know his Name, say, How is the strong staffe broken, and the beautifull rod!

18 Thou daughter that doest inhabit Dibon, come downe from thy glory, and sit in thirst; for the spoiler of Moab shall come vpon thee, and he shall destroy thy strong holdes.

19 O inhabitant of Aroer, stand by the way and espie, aske him that fleeth, and her that escapeth, and say, What is done?

20 Moab is confounded, for it is broken downe: howle and cry, tell ye it in Arnon, that Moab is spoiled,

21 And iudgement is come vpon the plaine countrey, vpon Holon, and vpon Iahazah, and vpon Mephaath,

22 And vpon Dibon, and vpon Nebo, and vpon Beth-diblathaim,

23 And vpon Kiriathaim, and vpon Beth-Gamul, and vpon Beth-meon,

24 And vpon Kerioth, and vpon Bozrah, and vpon all the cities of the land of Moab farre or neere.

25 The horne of Moab is cut off, & his arme is broken, saith the Lord.

26 ¶ Make ye him drunken: for hee magnified himselfe against the Lord: Moab also shall wallow in his vomit, and he also shalbe in derision.

27 For was not Israel a derision vnto thee? was hee found among theeues? for since thou spakest of him, thou skippedst for ioy.

28 O yee that dwell in Moab, leaue the cities and dwell in the rocke, and be like the doue that maketh her nest in the sides of the holes mouth.

29 We haue heard the pride of Moab, (he is exceeding proud) his loftinesse and his arrogancie, and his pride, and the hautinesse of his heart.

30 I knowe his wrath, sayeth the Lord, but it shall not be so, his lyes shall not so effect it.

31 Therefore will I howle for Moab, and I will cry out for all Moab, mine heart shall mourne for the men of Kir-heres.

32 O vine of Sibmah, I wil weepe for thee, with the weeping of Iazer; thy plants are gone ouer the sea, they reach euen to the sea of Iazer, the spoiler is fallen vpon thy summer fruits, and vpon thy vintage.

33 And ioy and gladnesse is taken from the plentifull field, and from the land of Moab, and I haue caused wine to faile from the winepresses, none shall tread with shouting, their showting shall be no showting.

34 From the cry of Heshbon euen vnto Elealeh, and euen vnto Iahaz haue they vttered their voyce, from Zoar euen vnto Horonaim as an heifer of three yeeres old: for the waters also of Nimrim shall be desolate.

35 Moreouer, I will cause to cease in Moab, saith the Lord, him that offereth in the high places, and him that burneth incense to his Gods.

36 Therefore mine heart shall sound for Moab like pipes, and mine heart shall sound like pipes for the men of Kir-heres: because the riches that hee hath gotten is perished.

37 For euery head shall be bald, and euery beard clipt: vpon all the hands shall be cuttings, and vpon the loines sackcloth.

38 There shall be lamentation generally vpon all the house toppes of Moab, and in the streetes thereof: for I haue broken Moab like a vessell, wherin is no pleasure, saith the Lord.

39 They shall howle, saying; How is it broken downe? how hath Moab turned the backe with shame? so shall Moab be a derision, and a dismaying to all them about him.

40 For thus saith the Lord, Behold, hee shall fly as an eagle, and shall spread his wings ouer Maob.

41 Kerioth is taken, and the strong holds are surprised, & the mighty mens hearts in Moab at that day shall be as the heart of a woman in her pangs.

42 And Moab shall be destroyed from being a people, because he hath magnified himselfe against the Lord.

43 Feare, and the pit, and the snare shall be vpon thee, O inhabitant of Moab, saith the Lord.

44 Hee that fleeth from the feare shall fall into the pit, and he that getteth vp out of the pit shall be taken in the snare: for I will bring vpon it, euen vpon Moab, the yeere of their visitation, saith the Lord.

45 They that fled, stood vnder the shadow of Heshbon, because of the force: but a fire shall come forth out of Heshbon, and a flame from the middest of Sihon, and shall deuoure the corner of Moab, and the crowne of the head of the tumultuous ones.

46 Woe be vnto thee, O Moab, the people of Chemosh perisheth: for thy sonnes are taken captiues, and thy daughters captiues.

47 ¶ Yet will I bring againe the captiuitie of Moab in the later dayes, saith the Lord. Thus farre is the iudgement of Moab.  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2018 9:01 am
Jeremiah
Chapter 49

1 Concerning the Ammonites, thus sayth the Lord; hath Israel no sonnes? Hath he no heire? Why then doth their king inherit God, and his people dwell in his cities?

2 Therfore behold, the dayes come, saith the Lord, that I will cause an alarme of warre to be heard in Rabbah of the Ammonites, and it shall be a desolate heape, and her daughters shall be burnt with fire: then shall Israel be heire vnto them that were his heires, saith the Lord.

3 Howle, O Heshbon, for Ai is spoiled: cry yee daughters of Rabbah, gird yee with sackcloth: lament and runne to and fro by the hedges: for their king shall goe into captiuitie: and his priests and his princes together.

4 Wherfore gloriest thou in the valleys, thy flowing valley, O backsliding daughter? That trusted in her treasures, saying; Who shall come vnto mee?

5 Behold, I will bring a feare vpon thee, saith the Lord God of hostes, from all those that be about thee, and yee shall be driuen out euery man right forth, and none shal gather vp him that wandereth.

6 And afterward I will bring againe the captiuitie of the children of Ammon, saith the Lord.

7 ¶ Concerning Edom thus saith the Lord of hosts, Is wisedome no more in Teman? is counsell perished from the prudent? is their wisedom vanished?

8 Flee ye, turne backe, dwell deepe, O inhabitants of Dedan: for I will bring the calamitie of Esau vpon him, the time that I will visite him.

9 If grape gatherers come to thee, would they not leaue some gleaning grapes? If theeues by night, they will destroy till they haue enough.

10 But I haue made Esau bare, I haue vncouered his secret places, and he shall not be able to hide himselfe: his seed is spoiled, and his brethren and his neighbours, and he is not.

11 Leaue thy fatherlesse children, I will preserue them aliue: and let thy widowes trust in me.

12 For thus saith the Lord, Behold, they whose iudgement was not to drinke of the cup, haue assuredly drunken, and art thou he that shall altogether go vnpunished? thou shalt not go vnpunished, but thou shalt surely drinke of it.

13 For I haue sworne by my selfe, saith the Lord, that Bozrah shall become a desolation, a reproch, a waste, and a curse, and all the cities thereof shall be perpetuall wastes.

14 I haue heard a rumor from the Lord, & an ambassadour is sent vnto the heathen, saying, Gather ye together & come against her, & rise vp to the battell.

15 For lo, I wil make thee smal among the heathen, and despised among men.

16 Thy terriblenesse hath deceiued thee, and the pride of thine heart, O thou that dwellest in the clefts of the rocke, that holdest the height of the hill: thogh thou shouldest make thy nest as high as the eagle, I will bring thee downe from thence, saith the Lord.

17 Also Edom shalbe a desolation: euery one þt goeth by it shalbe astonished, and shall hisse at all the plagues thereof,

18 As in the ouerthrow of Sodom and Gomorrah, and the neighbour cities thereof, saith the Lord: no man shall abide there, neither shall a sonne of man dwell in it.

19 Behold, he shal come vp like a lyon from the swelling of Iordane against the habitation of the strong: but I wil suddenly make him runne away from her, and who is a chosen man that I may appoynt ouer her? For who is like mee? And who will appoint me the time? Who is that shepheard that will stand before mee?

20 Therfore heare the counsell of the Lord, that he hath taken against Edom, & his purposes that hee hath purposed against the inhabitants of Teman: surely the least of the flocke shall draw them out: surely hee shall make their habitations desolate with them.

21 The earth is moued at the noise of their fall: at the crie, the noise thereof was heard in the red Sea.

22 Behold, he shall come vp and flie as the eagle, and spread his wings ouer Bozrah: and at that day shall the heart of the mightie men of Edom, be as the heart of a woman in her pangs.

23 ¶ Concerning Damascus, Hamath is confounded, & Arpad, for they haue heard euil tidings, they are faint hearted, there is sorrow on the sea, it can not be quiet.

24 Damascus is waxed feeble, and turneth her selfe to flee, and feare hath seised on her: anguish and sorrowes haue taken her as a woman in trauell.

25 How is the citie of praise not left, the citie of my ioy?

26 Therefore her yong men shal fall in her streets, and all the men of warre shall bee cut off in that day, saith the Lord of hosts.

27 And I will kindle a fire in the wall of Damascus, and it shal consume the palaces of Ben-hadad.

28 ¶ Concerning Kedar, and concerning the kingdoms of Hazor, which Nebuchad-rezzar king of Babylon shall smite, Thus saith the Lord: Arise ye, goe vp to Kedar, and spoile the men of the East.

29 Their tents and their flocks shall they take away: they shal take to themselues their curtaines and all their vessels, and their camels, and they shal crie vnto them, Feare is on euery side.

30 ¶ Flee, get you farre off, dwell deepe, O ye inhabitants of Hazor, saith the Lord: for Nebuchad-rezzar king of Babylon hath taken counsel against you, and hath conceiued a purpose against you.

31 Arise, get you vp vnto the wealthy nation that dwelleth without care, saith the Lord, which haue neither gates nor barres, which dwell alone.

32 And their camels shall be a bootie, and the multitude of their cattell a spoile, and I will scatter into all winds them that are in the vtmost corners, and I will bring their calamitie from all sides thereof, saith the Lord.

33 And Hazor shall be a dwelling for dragons, and a desolation for euer; there shall no man abide there, nor any sonne of man dwell in it.

34 ¶ The word of the Lord that came to Ieremiah the Prophet against Elam in the beginning of the reigne of Zedekiah king of Iudah, saying,

35 Thus saith the Lord of hosts, Behold, I will breake the bow of Elam, the chiefe of their might.

36 And vpon Elam will I bring the foure windes from the foure quarters of heauen, and will scatter them towards all those windes, and there shall be no nation, whither the outcasts of Elam shall not come.

37 For I will cause Elam to bee dismayed before their enemies, and before them that seeke their life: and I will bring euill vpon them, euen my fierce anger, saith the Lord, and I will send the sword after them, till I haue consumed them.

38 And I will set my throne in Elam, and will destroy from thence the king and the princes, saith the Lord.

39 ¶ But it shall come to passe in the later daies, that I wil bring againe the captiuitie of Elam, saith the Lord.  

Bible guild Mule
Captain

Bible guild Mule
Captain

PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2018 10:07 am
Jeremiah
Chapter 50

1 The word that the Lord spake against Babylon, and against the land of the Caldeans by Ieremiah the Prophet.

2 Declare yee among the nations, and publish, and set vp a standart, publish and conceale not: say, Babylon is taken, Bel is confounded, Merodach is broken in pieces, her idols are confounded, her Images are broken in pieces.

3 For out of the North there commeth vp a nation against her, which shall make her land desolate, and none shall dwell therein: they shall remoue, they shall depart both man and beast.

4 ¶ In those daies, and in that time, saith the Lord, the children of Israel shall come, they, and the children of Iudah together, going and weeping: they shall goe, and seeke the Lord their God.

5 They shall aske the way to Zion with their faces thitherward, saying, Come, and let vs ioyne our selues to the Lord, in a perpetuall Couenant that shall not be forgotten.

6 My people hath bene lost sheepe: their shepheards haue caused them to goe astray, they haue turned them away on the mountaines: they haue gone from mountaine to hill, they haue forgotten their resting place.

7 All that found them haue deuoured them, and their aduersaries said, We offend not, because they haue sinned against the Lord, the habitation of iustice, euen the Lord, the hope of their fathers.

8 Remoue out of the midst of Babylon, and goe foorth out of the land of the Caldeans, and be as the hee goats before the flocks.

9 ¶ For loe, I will raise and cause to come vp against Babylon, an assembly of great nations from the North countrey, and they shall set themselues in aray against her, from thence shee shalbe taken: their arrowes shalbe as of a mightie expert man: none shall returne in vaine.

10 And Caldea shall bee a spoile: all that spoile her shall be satisfied, saith the Lord.

11 Because ye were glad, because yee reioyced, O ye destroyers of mine heritage, because ye are growen fat, as the heifer at grasse, and bellow as bulles:

12 Your mother shalbe sore confounded, she that bare you shalbe ashamed: beholde, the hindermost of the nations shalbe a wildernes, a dry land, & a desert.

13 Because of the wrath of the Lord, it shall not be inhabited, but it shalbe wholly desolate: euery one that goeth by Babylon shall be astonished, and hisse at all her plagues.

14 Put your selues in aray against Babylon round about: all ye that bend the bow, shoot at her; spare no arrows: for she hath sinned against the Lord,

15 Shout against her round about: shee hath giuen her hand: her foundations are fallen, her walls are throwen downe: for it is the vengeance of the Lord: take vengeance vpon her; as she hath done, doe vnto her.

16 Cut off the sower from Babylon, and him that handleth the sickle in the time of haruest: for feare of the oppressing sword, they shall turne euery one to his people, and they shall flee euery one to his owne lande.

17 ¶ Israel is a scattered sheepe, the lyons haue driuen him away: first the king of Assyria hath deuoured him, and last this Nebuchad-rezzar king of Babylon hath broken his bones.

18 Therefore thus saith the Lord of hostes the God of Israel; Behold, I will punish the king of Babylon and his land, as I haue punished the king of Assyria.

19 And I will bring Israel againe to his habitation, and he shal feed on Carmel and Bashan, and his soule shall be satisfied vpon mount Ephraim and Gilead.

20 In those dayes, and in that time, sayth the Lord, the iniquitie of Israel shall be sought for, and there shall be none; and the sinnes of Iudah, and they shall not be found: for I will pardon them whom I reserue.

21 ¶ Goe vp against the land of Merathaim, euen against it, and against the inhabitants of Pekod: waste and vtterly destroy after them, sayeth the Lord, and doe according to all that I haue commanded thee.

22 A sound of battell is in the land, and of great destruction.

23 How is the hammer of the whole earth cut asunder and broken? how is Babylon become a desolation among the nations?

24 I haue laide a snare for thee, and thou art also taken, O Babylon, and thou wast not aware: thou art found and also caught, because thou hast striuen against the Lord.

25 The Lord hath opened his armorie, and hath brought foorth the weapons of his indignation: for this is the worke of the Lord God of hosts, in the land of the Caldeans.

26 Come against her from the vtmost border, open her store-houses: cast her vp as heapes, and destroy her vtterly: let nothing of her be left.

27 Slay all her bullocks: let them goe downe to the slaughter: woe vnto them, for their day is come, the time of their visitation.

28 The voice of them that flee & escape out of the land of Babylon to declare in Zion the vengeance of the Lord our God, the vengeance of his Temple.

29 Call together the archers against Babylon: all yee that bend the bow, campe against it round about; let none thereof escape: recompense her according to her worke; according to all that shee hath done vnto her: for shee hath bene proud against the Lord, against the Holy one of Israel.

30 Therefore shall her yong men fall in the streets, & all her men of war shall be cut off in that day, saith the Lord.

31 Behold, I am against thee, O thou most proud, sayth the Lord God of hostes: for thy day is come, the time that I will visit thee.

32 And the most proude shall stumble and fall, and none shal raise him vp: and I will kindle a fire in his cities, and it shall deuoure all round about him.

33 ¶ Thus saith the Lord of hosts; The children of Israel and the children of Iudah were oppressed together, and all that tooke them captiues, held them fast, they refused to let them goe.

34 Their Redeemer is strong, the Lord of hosts is his Name, he shall throughly pleade their cause, that hee may giue rest to the land, and disquiet the inhabitants of Babylon.

35 ¶ A sword is vpon the Caldeans, saith the Lord, and vpon the inhabitants of Babylon, and vpon her princes, and vpon her wise men.

36 A sword is vpon the lyers, and they shall dote: a sword is vpon her mighty men, and they shalbe dismayed.

37 A sword is vpon their horses, and vpon their charets, and vpon all the mingled people that are in the middest of her, and they shall become as women: a sword is vpon her treasures, and they shall be robbed.

38 A drought is vpon her waters, and they shalbe dried vp: for it is the land of grauen images, and they are madde vpon their idoles.

39 Therefore the wilde beasts of the desert with the wilde beastes of the Ilands shall dwel there, and the owles shall dwell therein: & it shalbe no more inhabited for euer: neither shall it bee dwelt in frō generation to generation.

40 As God ouerthrew Sodom and Gomorrah, and the neighbour cities thereof, sayth the Lord: so shall no man abide there, neither shal any sonne of man dwell therein.

41 Behold, a people shall come from the North, and a great nation, and many kings shall bee raised vp from the coasts of the earth.

42 They shall holde the bow and the lance: they are cruell and will not shewe mercy: their voice shall roare like the sea, and they shall ride vpon horses, euery one put in aray like a man to the battell, against thee, O daughter of Babylon.

43 The king of Babylon hath heard the report of them, and his hands waxed feeble; anguish tooke hold of him, and pangs as of a woman in trauell.

44 Behold, he shall come vp like a lyon from the swelling of Iordan, vnto the habitation of the strong: but I will make them suddenly runne away from her: and who is a chosen man that I may appoint ouer her? for who is like me, and who will appoint me the time? and who is that shepheard that will stand before me?

45 Therefore heare yee the counsell of the Lord that hee hath taken against Babylon, and his purposes that he hath purposed against the land of the Caldeans: surely the least of the flocke shall drawe them out: surely he shall make their habitation desolate with them.

46 At the noise of the taking of Babylon the earth is moued, and the cry is heard among the nations.  
The Bible

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 51 52 53 54 55 56 ... 77 78 79 80 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games