Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Back to Guilds

A Dungeons & Dragons Roleplaying Guild - We have many active games, join requests are checked often, and everyone is accepted. 

Tags: Dungeons, Dragons, Roleplaying, Dungeons and Dragons 

Reply [D&D 4e] Glimmers in the Dark
Arc 3 - Glimmers in the Dark (Main Roleplay) Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 51 52 53 54 55 56 ... 99 100 101 102 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2020 8:01 am
71/71 hp, EB Torch in Z14, UH1 marked, +2 Damage while within Red Zone, UH1 -2 Attack Rolls -2 to AC until end of next turn, Ice Sword On

MOVE ACTION

Crunch crunch crunch goes the plated boots marching through difficult terrain.

Quote:
Revenge moves to L27? That looks like it will flank with Kuori.

MINOR ACTION

"If you are to fear anyone, fear me, as I've driven off your sibling without so much as a scratch!" he would announce to the Umber Hulk.

Quote:
Hello party members. Look at your Warden, then back to me. Now back to your Warden, now back to me. Sadly, he isn't me. But if he stopped rolling like garbage and switch to a decent class, he could roll like he's me. Look down, back up. Where are you? You're flanking with the Paladin, with the defender who will keep your safe. What's on the Umber Hulk? Back at me. It's a Divine Challenge that will keep it marked. Look again. The Divine Challenge is now -4 to its attack rolls against you. Anything is possible when your defender is a Paladin and not a Warden. I worship Sehanine.

STANDARD ACTION

Sword in hand, he would try to deliver a gash that at best, would drive off the beast, or at worst, hobble it so it can be finished off momentarily.

Quote:
Enfeebling Strike, 37 vs AC (38 if Ilikan hadn't been healed). 16 cold damage (with +2 to gravesite added in) and UH1 takes -2 to attack rolls, -2 to AC until the end of Revenge's next turn.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 16, 2020 8:45 pm
The Drinking Hall

User Image

((The gouges in the floor, broken tables, chairs, all all difficult terrain. The entire room is now brightly lit thanks to the sunrod. Outside the room is dimly lit. ))

Initiative Order
Valac: HP: 75/75, DR5
Ilikan HP:35/83, +1 AC, Resist 5 cold, DR5, + 2 defenses Bloodied +3 THP
Revenge HP:71/71,
Umber Hulks UH1, Marked by Revenge, Bloodied
Irene:
Kuori HP: 55/59, DR5,
Ruin HP:39/65, +1 AC +1 Ref

((I don't believe Gravesite's ability would trigger as the Umberhulk was not reduced to zero hitpoints before it fled))

As Kuori rushes the umberhulk takes a swing at her but misses! ((Ilikan may trigger his mark))

With inspired fever everyone rushes in and attacks the Umberhulk in a ferocious display of divine savagery. The monstrous creature can barely fend off the onslaught of attacks. Badly wounded, it seems all fight has left the Umberhulk as it burrows into the ground to try and escape. ((Everyone adjacent may make an opportunity attack!))  

Kowsauni
Crew

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

PostPosted: Tue Jun 16, 2020 9:58 pm
Revenge waives his Opportunity Attack against a fleeing foe.  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 16, 2020 11:07 pm
Chop Suey!

Health 39/65
Standard Action: Blazing Doom of the Void 28 vs. Fort; 33 fire and necrotic damage

Encounter - Arcane, Fire, Implement, Necrotic, Weapon
Standard Action Melee weapon
Requirement: the blade of annihilation.
Target: One creature
Attack: 28 vs. Fortitude
Hit: 33 fire and necrotic damage.
Effect: You gain a +5 power bonus to your next damage roll against the target before the end of your next turn.

Southern Cross Nemesis
Vice Captain

PupSage rolled 1 20-sided dice: 11 Total: 11 (1-20)

PupSage

Dapper Dog

20,850 Points
  • Beta Critic 0
  • Object of Affection 150
  • 50 Wins 150
PostPosted: Wed Jun 17, 2020 6:36 am
[Oh yeah, I thought Valac had killed it, I missed the part where it ran away.]

Kuori takes a swing at the Umberhulk. Something had to die here.

Basic attack: 24 vs ac for 20 bludgeoning dmg  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 17, 2020 9:09 am
Illikan puffs frosty air as all but one of the creatures flee- watching the remaining one carefully, taking a swing at it as it went after Kuori, and again as it turned to flee- though he wouldn't bother to do anything more to try and catch or stop them, only to make sure the lot were as discouraged as possible from trying their luck again later.

[Warden's Fury: 22 vs AC]
[On Hit: 18 Bludgeoning Damage. All allies have CA on attacks against it for the next round (including the OAs they just rolled).]

[Opportunity Attack: 31 vs AC]
[11 Bludgeoning Damage]

Psychofish

Dedicated Loiterer

Mongooseh

Distinct Raider

8,825 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Guildmember 100
  • Hellraiser 500
PostPosted: Wed Jun 17, 2020 12:30 pm
"Not even one!?" Asked Valac outraged that not one had stood and fought to a glorious death. Taking a swing at the fleeing creature.

[OA 32 vs AC 17 Damage.]  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 17, 2020 9:46 pm
As everyone swings in to the Umber hulk is it is thoroughly splatterd. It dies half way buried into the ground. Irene exclaims in excitement. "Yes! you got it!" And immediately rushes forward to examine the slain monster. With the battle over the place once again becomes eerily quiet.

Combat Ended!

Kowsauni
Crew

Southern Cross Nemesis rolled 1 20-sided dice: 2 Total: 2 (1-20)

Southern Cross Nemesis
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Thu Jun 18, 2020 10:04 am
"Now that, that is out of the way." Ruin would say as he moseyed over the south wall for some rest and healing surge spending.

"Hey Revenge, I believe, I heard someone speak. You know, before the fight. It was the reason I tried to get Kouri to sing and I went into this gods forsaken room." Ruin would state, as he lowered himself to the floor. "ow...Could you check the doors?"

(Bluff=18; truthfully he heard a sound, not a voice.)
(Spending two H.Surges for full health, if we have time.)

Health 65/65, THP: 0
H.Surges 5/9,
22 AC, 20 Fort, 18 Ref, 22 Will

Action:

PostPosted: Thu Jun 18, 2020 1:53 pm
Illikan looked at it for a moment, before he raised his eyes and looked around the room, scanning the others and floors for any signs of a returning ambush or other threat- before giving a nod. With that, the spectral horns vanished, his eyes went back to their usual gray, the frost across his flesh and the ground all began to sublimate, steaming away, thankfully, rather than leaving him damp.

It wasn't all the went away either.

He winced, dropping his hammer, and took all of two steps to a nearby piece of stone sticking out just a bit above the ground and fell onto his rear, not even paying much of any attention to Irene's antics.

"Aye, you go have a look, long as you don't get grabbed again. I'm going to have a bit of water first," the warden said to Ruin as he pulled out his skin, taking a long, slow drink from it.  

Psychofish

Dedicated Loiterer

Southern Cross Nemesis
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Thu Jun 18, 2020 3:26 pm
"That is why I am asking, the healthy guy to go look." Ruin retorted, from his seated position on the floor. "You know the tiefling that Irene was supposed to protect... or something like that."

"Anyway, what did you guys find outside?"  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 18, 2020 9:40 pm
Kuori starts moving debris where they can see anything of value.  

PupSage

Dapper Dog

20,850 Points
  • Beta Critic 0
  • Object of Affection 150
  • 50 Wins 150
Rain Yupa rolled 1 20-sided dice: 6 Total: 6 (1-20)

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

PostPosted: Fri Jun 19, 2020 1:19 pm
Revenge would step back as everyone laid into the beast relentlessly as it fled. He would let out a sigh as they ended its life. Lifting his sword about two feet into the air, his grip would tighten and frost would creep across the steel. Swinging it in a downward motion, the frost and now-frozen blood would shake off in a tiny icestorm, before he would return the reverted sword back to its sheath.

"Irene, are you- he would start to ask before she ran into the room. "... safe. Okay, good. I'll scout the immediate perimeter for further signs of danger. Before everyone gets too relaxed, that is."

Revenge would first go out to the road to fetch his everburning torch, and verified the MuthaFuggin' Illithid was still where he left it. Once retrieve, he re-entered the room and walked the perimeter of the main chamber to search for signs of tunneling; then he would try each door, the one in the Southeast corner first.

Quote:
Perception check of 14 for sentrying.

If there were no signs of threats, he too would rest to recover his spent energy.  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 19, 2020 6:57 pm
Irene giggles like a little school girl as she pores over the slain umber hulk, pausing every now and again to sketch something or write a note down. The monster was pretty cut up already so she didn't have to try to hard to peer at its insides.

As Kuori looks through the wreckage she finds nothing of value or of interest. the room is pretty well ransacked. In fact she feels like this place had earlier been looted or the valuables moved like with the shrines outside. It seems the umber hulks came later and tore the place up in search of food.

As Revenge went outside and checked on the Ililthid he would see that its head had been removed and was now missing. Only its crushed body remained.

When he goes back into the building and checks the doors he finds the door to the east remains locked. The door to the west easy pushes open. When he shines his torch in he discoverers the remains of a kitchen that had obviously been destroyed by the Umber Hulks or some other large creature in search of nourishment.

The perimeter appears quiet and the party is able to sit down for a spell and rest. ((The party may benefit from a short rest))  

Kowsauni
Crew

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

PostPosted: Fri Jun 19, 2020 10:02 pm
Quote:
Short rest: Encounter powers replenished. Half a milestone noted.

"Coast is clear," Revenge would announce after closing the kitchen door and rejoining the others. He would remain standing, keeping a close eye on the primary entrance and positioning himself between it and his comrades.

"Outside, there was a crushed Mind Flayer. Though there's conspicuously less of it now than a few minutes ago," he'd comment in response to Ruin, eyes glancing to Irene before back to the other Tiefling, then turning his head back towards the door.  
[D&D 4e] Glimmers in the Dark

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 51 52 53 54 55 56 ... 99 100 101 102 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games