Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Back to Guilds

A Dungeons & Dragons Roleplaying Guild - We have many active games, join requests are checked often, and everyone is accepted. 

Tags: Dungeons, Dragons, Roleplaying, Dungeons and Dragons 

Reply [L5R 4e] Unity
L5R - Unity - Chapter 1 - Winter Solstice Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 52 53 54 55 56 57 ... 81 82 83 84 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

PostPosted: Sat Sep 10, 2016 4:03 pm
Naohiko, roll me a Lore: Bushido Lore: Heraldry Lore: Anything that might emphasize the samurai caste a Raw Intelligence check, please. This is no longer a 'recognition' roll.  
Plainsfox rolled 3 10-sided dice: 2, 5, 5 Total: 12 (3-30)
PostPosted: Sat Sep 10, 2016 4:04 pm
Intelligence Check  

Plainsfox

Romantic Paladin

10,600 Points
  • Battle Hardened 150
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Bunny Hunter 100

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

PostPosted: Sat Sep 10, 2016 4:12 pm
@ Naohiko:

That is sufficient enough to beat TN 10. This girl is a servant to the Crane Clan, and is thus their property. I want it on the record that Naohiko would realize this, and realize he just both advocated and promised 'theft' in regards to stealing her away. Also, that will get him, and the Kraken Clan, in a world of trouble if he gets caught.

"Thank you. You don't have to bring me back to your island... I just want to see my parents again," she would say with a hint of sadness in her voice.

"Will we..." she would suddenly ask after a few moments. Her hands would clutch at the back of Naohiko's kimono. "Will I be seeing you more before we have to leave?" she would ask, her face flushed.  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 10, 2016 4:43 pm
Well, Naohiko had the winter to make this acceptable somehow. He didn't know how, but there had to be a way. It could be as easy as simply asking. Wasn't that how minor clans got their peasants initially? Or.....easier, he could bring the girl's parents to her, if that's what she really wanted. Hopefully, he could get some clue to the girl's identity "And who would your parents be?" after her response, Naohiko would stroke his fingers through her hair. "If you wish it, as long as we are discrete."  

Plainsfox

Romantic Paladin

10,600 Points
  • Battle Hardened 150
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Bunny Hunter 100

Paidi tou Selini
Crew

Adorable Abductee

PostPosted: Sat Sep 10, 2016 9:30 pm
The little princess blinked back in surprise at being addressed, and in even greater surprise at the number of people filtering in. She was half tempted to quip something about her fish being clearly unworthy, but thought better of it and simply sighed, giving a helpless shrug.

"Forgive me, Shosuro-san. I hadn't realized it would become a public display. I still have one mackerel left, if you'd like me to make the dish again just for you to make up for it~" she said as she took the plate back to the display table for the coming crowd, a light blush growing on her cheeks as she realized how utterly corny the end of that sounded. Hopefully the astute Scorpion wouldn't notice - pfft... - and just take it at the face value of feeling bad for offering food and then immediately having to take it back. Which to be fair was also the case.  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 10, 2016 10:34 pm
With Ryuji speaking up and some blinking confusion before the other samurai started in, he'd stop his plans to leave and just carefully hand Setsuna to the man. Taking the jitte, he'd find a careful spot on his anvil to display it and it's sheathe side by side, with the hilt towards the newcomers. After that, he'd retrieve the dog and wait out the oncoming reviewing of his work from the others.  

Raganui Minamoto

Distinct Prophet

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

PostPosted: Sun Sep 11, 2016 11:17 am
@ Naohiko:

The girl would give Naohiko a quizzical look. Gears seemed to turn in her head, but after a few seconds passed, she would respond to his question. "Um... their names are Matabei and Chikako. They're heimin, just like me." She would seem to study his face as she waited to see what his response was.

For the record, hearing those names does not ring any bells whatsoever.

--------------------

@ Kaichiyo

Samurai would filter into the room to start examining the dishes for themselves. Sawao's would get the most people who lingered and requested to taste, being the apparent winner, but people were giving fair attention to yours and Kazu's dishes too. Satoko's didn't pull as much of a crowd, which seemed to be worsening her mood by the minute.

A fellow Mantis, the one known as Shohei, would lean to say something to her quietly, which seemed to make things worse. It wasn't a whisper cause of the noise level, so Kaichiyo, Kyouya, if you guys want to hear what it is, it'll be a somewhat difficult TN 25 Perception/Investigation (Notice) roll.

And so I don't have to use up another post asking this: Is there any particular spectator you are hoping to interact with (either a broad answer, like 'a member of the Lion Clan', or 'a courtier', or a specific individual)?

--------------------

@ Gendo:

People would indeed come in and begin to examine the yumi and the jitte both, with Otsu defaulting to a mediator to guide people to either display.

Is there any particular spectator you are hoping to interact with (either a broad answer, like 'a member of the Lion Clan', or 'a courtier', or a specific individual)?  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 11, 2016 7:10 pm
Gendo would more present towards warriors or magistrates. Though he'd also be friendly if either of the Sparrow sisters showed up. They were nice and cute.  

Raganui Minamoto

Distinct Prophet

Plainsfox

Romantic Paladin

10,600 Points
  • Battle Hardened 150
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Bunny Hunter 100
PostPosted: Sun Sep 11, 2016 10:03 pm
Naohiko would nod, trying to keep his face calm and unreadable. "Ahha." He would then gesture to the door. "I'm sure we'll be able to get you there.....somehow." He would then stroke the girl's cheek. "And now, we should part for the night. Do you want to leave first?."

OOC:
Etiquette/Awareness roll done in OOC Thread
Reason: To not reveal the fact he doesn't know her parents
Results: 24  
Glory Sieg rolled 5 10-sided dice: 6, 5, 3, 3, 10 Total: 27 (5-50)
PostPosted: Tue Sep 13, 2016 4:57 pm
"Oh it's hardly a problem," Kyouya would say to Kaichiyo, but her eyes were more drawn to the bitter Mantis. She never did like when words went unheard, but from where she was by the Kraken, she couldn't make it out. She looked back over the table, chewing on her lip behind the mask "So, what did you think of the proceedings? ....and no one here made any sweets, did they?"  

Glory Sieg

Dangerous Grabber

11,600 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Full closet 200

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

PostPosted: Sun Sep 18, 2016 12:56 pm
@ Gendo:

Neither Suzume participated, and they would totes want to look at all the creations!

While having a magistrate closely examine the work you did on the jitte, and seemingly impressed, you see both girls step into the forge area and begin to scan the room.

What do you do, Gendo? What. Do. You. Do?

--------------------

@ Naohiko:

You were worried you tipped your hand, but it seems like she seemed satisfied with how you carried yourself and her suspicions waned.

"H-hai..." she would respond, blushing at the touch. Moving to the sliding door, she would pause. "Naohiko-sama..."

She seemed as if she was about to say something, but decided against it. Opening the door, she would close it behind her. Naohiko would hear her move to the nearby dropped items, which apparently were undisturbed, and proceed to gather them. After a short while, she would head off.

--------------------

@ Kaichiyo, Kyouya:

Kyouya, you are unable to hear what was whispered. However, you catch the next part.

"KAMI DAMMIT!" she would shout, and proceeded to sweep her pot of stew from the counter onto the floor in anger, causing everyone to immediately fall silent.

Her gaze would immediately turn to Kaichiyo, her eyes full of anger and rage... but rather than say anything more, she would turn and storm off, out of the room. The other Mantis who had whispered to her would turn to face the eyes now looking in his direction. "I... uh..." he would stutter, at a loss. Bowing his head, he would turn and run after Satoko.

"Should they be followed, you think?" Kazu would suddenly ask Kyouya quietly from beside her, having maneuvered across the room to her when everyone's attention was diverted.  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 18, 2016 4:17 pm
Naohiko would spend a little bit making sure he didn't look like he spent the last half hour exercising with the serving girl and made sure he had everything he carried on him when he entered this room. Finally, he left and attempted to head towards wherever they held the cooking contest. The Kraken hoped that his confidence in his princess was not misplaced.  

Plainsfox

Romantic Paladin

10,600 Points
  • Battle Hardened 150
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Bunny Hunter 100

Raganui Minamoto

Distinct Prophet

PostPosted: Sun Sep 18, 2016 4:39 pm
He'd finish his work with the Magistrate, allowing them more time to enter and all for a more natural encounter. At the point he'd be able to encounter the sisters, he'd just smile at them. "We meet again, little birds. How are you this fine eve? While I know it's just part of the tour of the projects, I will admit that part hopes you came to see me." He grinned, chuckling lightly.  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2016 11:32 pm
"Hm? she chirped back, raising a curious brow. "Well I had fun at least. It's just a court contest so that's all that really matters. Glory comes and goes, but the Spirit sticks with you~"

She almost jumped at the sound of the pot clattering to the ground and spilling its contents all over the floor, returning the look of rage with one of utter confusion. For someone as unstable as Satoko, that was incredibly ominous, and she quickly found herself in complete and utter support of Kazu's idea. Even if it was a Scorpion operation, she might be able to glean pertinent information from Kyouya if it was a matter of her clan's personal safety. Or at least exchange the information for a favor, if she wasn't asked to do anything dishonorable for it. Still, beyond a subtle nod of encouragement she decided to keep her nose out of Scorpion business for the moment, and turned back to focus on those tasting her food, answering any questions presented with her usual flair.

People on the list she actually -wants- to talk to however: Ikoma Tadao, Yoritomo Kiyonobu, Bayushi Kojiro or Masuyo, and if none of them are available Daidoji Chikuma.  

Paidi tou Selini
Crew

Adorable Abductee

Glory Sieg rolled 6 10-sided dice: 7, 6, 8, 3, 5, 4 Total: 33 (6-60)

Glory Sieg

Dangerous Grabber

11,600 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Full closet 200
PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2016 11:26 am
She hated loud noises... almost as much loud children, so her green eyes were hardly amused at the pot hitting the ground, although she was sure to step back to make nothing splashed onto her. Kazu's presence beside her was comforting in the 'creepy, but familiar' way that Scorpions were good at.

"Yes...." she replied softly. "She should be. Are you coming, Kazu?" She closed her fan, tucking it away before following after Satoko, doing her best to stay clear of the Mantis' radar.

Stealth: 3k2: 15  
[L5R 4e] Unity

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 52 53 54 55 56 57 ... 81 82 83 84 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games