Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Back to Guilds

A Dungeons & Dragons Roleplaying Guild - We have many active games, join requests are checked often, and everyone is accepted. 

Tags: Dungeons, Dragons, Roleplaying, Dungeons and Dragons 

Reply [D&D 4e] Glimmers in the Dark
Arc 2 - Heart of a Monster (Completed) Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 52 53 54 55 56 57 ... 80 81 82 83 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Mongooseh

Distinct Raider

8,825 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Guildmember 100
  • Hellraiser 500
PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2017 12:03 pm

"No." Valac would state plainly watching the space where the girl disappeared with a furrowed brow before repeating what Revenge said but in less flowery language, "We're wasting time talking to some mysterious git. If we're getting out lets get out otherwise we might as well get ready to fight the Arians."
PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2017 7:23 pm

"And you know whats super useful for fighting? Potions. You know who makes potions? Alchemist. You know who is an alchemist and who didn't kill Valac when he had him dead to rights? Tristan. The guy hates his bosses and needs people to protect him and Vivian from Aria before he can leave. I say we check it out, Abby could see through Vivian if it was an illusion right? And if anything we swipe a few vials and beat it."

PupSage

Dapper Dog

20,850 Points
  • Beta Critic 0
  • Object of Affection 150
  • 50 Wins 150

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2017 7:47 pm

"Coin can buy potions, Kuori," Revenge would correct the Goliath. "But... Not having met him, I really don't know his distaste for his employers. I'll take your word on it that he can be trusted, even though you've only just met him."

A pause, and a snort of displeasure. "Truth be told, I'd rather us leave without any fighting. For what it's worth."
PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2017 1:18 am

Twyla would look back and forth, from Valac to Kuori to Revenge.

"I don't think it would take that long... We know exactly where to go. And besides, if he got his daughter out, maybe he knows something about how to get other people out, or where they're held, or something useful like that. I want to go and talk to him. And if we're all together, there's no way he could take us all!"

She paused, remembering Kail and how he could definitely take them all.

"Okay, well, probably he couldn't take us all... but come on, it would be so cool to meet an alchemist and see what he has that we could use!"

AlphabetFish

Kowsauni
Crew

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2017 7:26 pm

Abby would speak. "Well, regardless of whether we speak to the alchemist or not, Arthur has stated my old house is where we will rendezvous. Since he has already left, we have little choice to head over there now and wait."

Abby unties her horse and climbs into the driver seat of the wagon. Petra boards as well. After waiting for anyone else who wishes to board, she heads the wagon back down the road to her old abode. ((I'm assuming everyone either climbs aboard or follows unless I'm told different.))

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Short Travel Montage~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Upon arriving back at Abby's old house, it does not look any different from when the group had left it only half an hour before. The blinds are still drawn and there are no obvious signs the building is inhabited.
PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2017 6:08 am

Kuori heads to the back door, knocks, and steps back a few feet. "Hey Tristan, just making sure your daughter made it back safely, we obviously have some things to talk about."

PupSage

Dapper Dog

20,850 Points
  • Beta Critic 0
  • 50 Wins 150

Kowsauni
Crew

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2017 10:33 pm

As Kuori knocks on the back door it wobbles precariously but does not fall down. She hears a muffled voice from inside. "Oy, what is your guys obsession with the back door, you broke it remember. If you want talk come to the front."
PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2017 11:50 am

Furrowing his brow at how picky this guy Tristan was being Valac motioned everyone to stand back.

Taking a few steps 'run' up Valac 'knocked' heavily on the door with his foot.
(16 Str Check vs DC 16 to force a wooden door.)

"This one's broken also." Stated Valac giving a sly grin to Revenge.

Mongooseh

Distinct Raider

8,825 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Guildmember 100
  • Hellraiser 500

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2017 6:47 pm

Revenge would sigh loudly, bringing his hand to his face.

"Sehanine give me strength..." he would mutter to himself.

"So this is where you've been staying?" he would ask Abby, making some smalltalk while his comrades did their thing.
PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2017 7:44 pm

As Valac kicks the door open he hears a familiar click. He is struck with deja vu as the area around him fills with black choking smoke, lucky since had backed everyone up he is the only one hit by it. Valac tries resist the effect of the gas but it once again proves too powerful and he falls unconscious to the ground with a thud.

As the smoke subsides the rest of the party can see through the doorway a man in his 30s sitting at a table. He wears a tinted set of glasses and is clad in dark colored leather armor. His orange medium length her looks a bit unruly and unkempt. At first he looks surprised but then laughs. "I guess he didn't learn his lesson the first time. So, what the hell do you all want, besides damaging my abode. Unless you all have something to offer this might be a very short conversation."

Abby seems a little too surprised by this turn of events to answer Revenge's question.

Kowsauni
Crew

PupSage

Dapper Dog

20,850 Points
  • Beta Critic 0
  • 50 Wins 150
PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2017 3:14 pm

As Kuori rounds the corner on Valac she eyes the rest of the group. "We really need to stop bringing him on social calls." She turns the corner, knocks on the door frame. "I appologize for our friend, your employers have messed with his head. We came here to make sure Vivian got home okay and to offer you an opportunity to get back at Aria. Unless of course you willingly turned your daughter into a monster hybrid and wiped her memory after breaking her out for the fun of it. In which case we are here to save your daughter from the real monster." Her tone was sarcastic, implying she believed the first. "We have helped two other out, and are trying to work on taking them down, both politically, and physically. Any help you can offer would be appreciated, and in exchange we would be in your debt, maybe help you and your family get away from Aria when the time seems right to you."
PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2017 11:35 pm

Twyla couldn't help it--she laughed. Something about the way Valac's little tiefling tail crumpled as he hit the ground just struck her as funny. Nonetheless, she would bound forward and pat him on the back, trying to see if there was anything she could do for him.

((Heal check: 18 to try to wake him up))

While kneeling next to Valac, Twyla would say to Tristan, "Lovely place you have here, sir, besides all the broken doors." She was grinning broadly. Things were getting pretty fun.

AlphabetFish

Kowsauni
Crew

PostPosted: Fri Mar 03, 2017 12:49 am

"Hmm, interesting..." The man grabs a biscuit that from a plate on the table in front of him, a plate which is surrounded incongruously by alchemical ingredients. He dips it in some tea and takes a bite. After swallowing he continues. "So, you are the ones who the Arians are looking for. Then I dare say you probably know more about what's going on than I do. I was just hired to make grenades and potions and watch this house for suspicious activity. They only tell me what I need to know, which is probably smart of them, and you have me mistaken. Aria is not my enemy; they are simply my business partners. Some times I do business for them, and sometimes against. It's all about the job, really. "

The man takes another bite of his biscuit. "I'll tell you what. You tell me what's really going on here with Aria, and how it connects to Vivi, and I'll answer your questions. You'll have to be more specific, though, in what you want to know. Oh... and Vivi is fine, though the fact that she was exposed in public concerns me, but we're not going to be here much longer anyways."

Twyla, having learned her lesson about waking someone from the previous incident, manages to revive Valac on her first try.
PupSage rolled 1 20-sided dice: 1 Total: 1 (1-20)
PostPosted: Fri Mar 03, 2017 7:35 am

[Crit Fail Intimidate ... total of 4]

"You don't know? Never wondered why your kid looks like her mother was a shark? Or do you often find yourself in the romantic company of marine life?" Kuori looks back and says, "We're short on time. The short side of it is that as soon as you become an inconvenience to them, they are going to kill you and take your daughter. The fact that you are letting her run around unguarded means they may be able to circumnavigate the killing you part. There are several others out there that they've done experiments on, like Vivi, and a few escaped. They have be razing towns and harassing the common folk trying to recapture them. And they are on their way back. So, you can come with us, bring some grenades and potions, maybe some antidotes, and we will get you two out of here before they come down. Or ... we leave without you, and the clock ticks until you can''t fulfill their orders in time and they decide they need Vivi more than they need you."

PupSage

Dapper Dog

20,850 Points
  • Beta Critic 0
  • 50 Wins 150
[D&D 4e] Glimmers in the Dark

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 52 53 54 55 56 57 ... 80 81 82 83 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games