Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Back to Guilds

A Dungeons & Dragons Roleplaying Guild - We have many active games, join requests are checked often, and everyone is accepted. 

Tags: Dungeons, Dragons, Roleplaying, Dungeons and Dragons 

Reply [L5R 3eR] Jade Legacy --- --- --- --- [Closed]
Jade Legacy [L5R 3eR] - Act 1: Atsumari/Gathering Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 53 54 55 56 57 58 ... 170 171 172 173 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Plainsfox

Romantic Paladin

10,600 Points
  • Battle Hardened 150
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Bunny Hunter 100
PostPosted: Fri Nov 19, 2010 5:22 pm
@ The Jiujutsu duels

"It looks like Zanzen-san has a little spark left in him! Not sure Sosuke-san will win this time. Zanzen-san's fast at least."  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 19, 2010 7:43 pm
@ Jiujutsu Duel:

Kuni Raicho would actually smile with Kakita Zanzen's response, standing awfully close to him, kabuki-styled face about a foot from his own.

"This is why I like you Crane. You are terribly clever and quick learners. My Crab can learn a thing or two from you." Stepping back, she would nod and then announce to everyone else: "The second round between Isawa Sosuke and Kakita Zanzen shall begin immediately, once the fighters are ready!"

Sosuke would turn and walk some distance, to give the two of them some room. "I understand where you are coming from, friend Crane. I value this experience, but it just... lacks to the rush of wielding a weapon you've trained so hard to master in the heat of battle, you know?" A pause, before he would chuckle. "Though I suspect I am beginning to see the charm of what others see in this style of combat... are you ready, Zanzen-san?"

{Initiative of 32}

Almost as if he was inadvertently jinxed by Kojiro, the Phoenix would grab the upper hand in speed, declaring a normal attack stance but focusing his Void to guide his fists! {Attack roll of 24 vs TN 26, miss!}

The initial blow came dangerously close, Sosuke's knuckle scraping Zanzen's cheek as he evaded the blow! Zanzen, time to counter!  

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

PostPosted: Fri Nov 19, 2010 8:19 pm
@ Post-Poetry Competition:

The servant would seem confused why sake and dice would be needed for tent repair. Kojiro, roll me an Awareness/Commerce (Merchant) to show what you will be able to get from the servant.

TN 5 = One sheaf of paper
TN 10 = Materials for tent repair, Three sheafs of paper
TN 15 = Sake, two cups, Six sheafs of paper
TN 20 = F&W dice, Ten sheafs of paper.

No honor loss is concerned, since you're working through a peasant. There will be no cost of items either.

--------------------

@ Poetry Competition:

After Hisashi finished his well-received poem, he would notice that a number of samurai who had chosen not to participate had begun to take interest, following the group and listening as they spoke only in haiku.

With Bayushi Kojiro no longer participating, it would be up to Doji Koan to pick the next category.

The base TN is now 25!

"True love." With a confident smile, he would proceed first.

{Storytelling (Poetry) roll of 28 vs TN 25!}

"The stars in heaven
Eyes reflect wholeness of sky
She is not alone."

Yoritomo Hisashi, you're up!

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.  
Plainsfox rolled 3 10-sided dice: 9, 5, 7 Total: 21 (3-30)
PostPosted: Fri Nov 19, 2010 8:26 pm
@Post Poetry Contest
Kojiro thanked the servant profusely for his help and put the sake, cups and dice in his traveling pack. He carried the papers and the tent repair material to the Crab tent. The Scorpion stood outside the door and called out "Kuni-san? Are you here? I've brought you some things that might help you, if you wish for them.

OOC:
No void points left ><
Results: 21  

Plainsfox

Romantic Paladin

10,600 Points
  • Battle Hardened 150
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Bunny Hunter 100
Raganui Minamoto rolled 3 10-sided dice: 9, 9, 5 Total: 23 (3-30)

Raganui Minamoto

Distinct Prophet

PostPosted: Sat Nov 20, 2010 6:20 am
@ Jiujutsu Duel:

Slipping left, he would turn his body, taking his previously defensive arm and quickly striking up, hopefully under Sosuke's striking arm. "Come now, I'm not going to get taken out in your first strike if I can help it!"

3k3  
Raganui Minamoto rolled 5 10-sided dice: 5, 4, 2, 1, 3 Total: 15 (5-50)
PostPosted: Sat Nov 20, 2010 6:21 am
2k1 damage

Raganui Minamoto

Distinct Prophet

Keith Valken Lionheart rolled 4 10-sided dice: 4, 4, 10, 5 Total: 23 (4-40)

Keith Valken Lionheart

Desirable Sex Symbol

6,200 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Healer 50
PostPosted: Sat Nov 20, 2010 6:28 am
Seichiro adjusted his eyepatch, and sighed. "The Kitsu family of the Lion Clan are our lorekeepers, mythologists and diplomats, as well as Shugenja. But also... they were descended from a race of lion-like intelligent species that were called the kitsu, which is where the name of the family comes from. Unfortunately, Akodo One-Eye killed most of them from Rokugan, thinking they were a menace, that they were... beasts. It was when he slaughtered almost the entire race that he found out that they were peaceful, and not a threat to Rokugan. Since then, the last remaining 5 kitsu made peace with the Lion clan, and everyone born in the Kitsu family is descended from this great, mighty race."

He would then take a sip of his tea.

[[4k3 Lore (Lion clan)]]  
Sutiiven rolled 5 10-sided dice: 1, 3, 4, 10, 3 Total: 21 (5-50)
PostPosted: Sun Nov 21, 2010 3:33 pm
@ Poetry Competition

"Your warmth comforts me.
The winter is powerless.
Our love - eternal.
"

Your warmth com-forts me.
The win-ter is pow-er-less.
Our love - e-ter-nal.

5/7/5. Kigo: warm, winter. Kireji: included.

((Expending a void point for +1k1 for this check, 1 void point remaining))

(Storytelling (Poetry) Check 5k4 vs TN 25)  

Sutiiven

Dapper Conversationalist

5,150 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Friendly 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
Sutiiven rolled 1 10-sided dice: 9 Total: 9 (1-10)

Sutiiven

Dapper Conversationalist

5,150 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Friendly 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
PostPosted: Sun Nov 21, 2010 3:36 pm
Exploding die.  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 24, 2010 6:52 am
"We can hope. Fast may not be enough, however. Zanzen-san is outside his area of expertise, and it's..." Denbe turned a thoughtful fist over, looking at his closed hand. "Not so easy to conclude a fight by hand in one stroke. I wonder if Zanzen-san is prepared for prolonged battles."  

Psychofish

Dedicated Loiterer

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

PostPosted: Wed Nov 24, 2010 7:15 am
@ Jiujutsu Duels:

As Sosuke lead in with his blow, Zanzen suddenly dipped to the side and delivered what would be considered a light uppercut to the underside of Sosuke's shoulder! A blow that would have had more damage to it, if Zanzen was the type to strike fiercely. However, Sosuke was a tough bugger, and wasn't that phased by the blow. {5 damage, Sosuke is still Healthy}

"Nnng... good attempt, Zanzen-san. But you need to do better than that!" Trying to capitalize while the match was early, Sosuke would go full attack, focusing on accuracy, but using his Void to aid the might of his blow! {23+10 vs TN 26, hit; 9+3 = 12 damage, for a total of 19; Zanzen was Injured!}

Grabbing Zanzen's wrist with his left hand, he would pull his right hand back, and deliver a strong cross across the Kakita's face!

Zanzen, you're up!  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 24, 2010 8:42 am
@ Lore Competition:

All Medicine skills are now TN 25!

All Lore: Lion Clan skills are now TN 10!

Kan would smile almost proudly that the fact that Seichiro and Kyumi were still in the running. "Throughout the entire Hantei dynasty, almost every one of the 39 emperors have chosen their spouse from the Doji line, a tradition set by Hantei Genji, the Shining Prince. There were a few exceptions, however; in addition to the Last Hantei, there was also Hantei XV, who's wife was of the Otomo, and Hantei IX, who took a husband from the Matsu family." {Lore: Heraldry roll of 50(!) vs TN 15}

All Lore: Heraldry skills are now TN 20!

Soshi Maru would open a fan, lightly fanning herself while hiding the bottom half of her face from view. "A shugenja's scrolls are sacred to them, and are not easily replaced. If something happened to the scroll, that shugenja's spell is lost. However, there are a few spells, namely Fire spells, that actually require you to destroy the scroll. Those spells are often devastating, and such a sacrifice is required to appease the kami." {Spellcraft of 31 vs TN 25}

All Spellcraft skills are now TN 30!

Kaiu Kagae, you're up!  

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

PostPosted: Wed Nov 24, 2010 8:58 am
@ Poetry Competition:

Ide Jiro would practically scoff at the idea that this was a difficult topic for him. Scoff, I say!

{Storytelling (Poetry) roll of 26 vs TN 25}

"Against her bosom,
Her heart swells - Stars in her eyes,
which are just for him."

The Base TN is now 30!

Yoritomo Hisashi, it is your topic!  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 24, 2010 9:05 am
@ Scorpion Shenanigans:

As Kojiro would stand outside the Crab Tent, it was obvious that it was occupied, as someone was currently trying to patch a hole in the side. "My name is Kaori," she would call out after a few seconds. "I have all the... FFFFFT! Damnit..." came his response, as the person inside pulled away from the patch she was working on suddenly.

Kojiro, what was your 21 a roll for?  

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

Sutiiven rolled 5 10-sided dice: 9, 7, 3, 6, 2 Total: 27 (5-50)

Sutiiven

Dapper Conversationalist

5,150 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Friendly 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
PostPosted: Wed Nov 24, 2010 9:10 am
@ Poetry Competition

"Freedom.

I sail with the moon.
The ocean sings its ballad.
Freedom - I am home.
"

I sail with the moon.
The o-cean sings its ball-ad.
Free-dom - I am home.

5/7/5. Kigo: moon. Kireji: included.

((Expending a void point for +1k1 for this check, 0 void points remaining))

(Storytelling (Poetry) Check 5k4 vs TN 30)  
[L5R 3eR] Jade Legacy --- --- --- --- [Closed]

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 53 54 55 56 57 58 ... 170 171 172 173 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games