Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian Geezers Guild

Back to Guilds

A guild for users 21 and over 

Tags: Geezer, Mature, Age 21+ 

Reply The ART Dept
Portraits of a drunken, cross-dressing elf (art thread) Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 53 54 55 56 57 58 60 61 62 63 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Kairanha

Tipsy Streaker

10,675 Points
  • Pie For All! 300
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
PostPosted: Thu Apr 11, 2013 11:15 am
Still playing around with some of the features, but for now I'm moving on to the hair.

User Image  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 11, 2013 1:42 pm
Very fun to watch the progress emotion_kirakira  

lady ayami chan

Virtuous Saint

ThisEmptySoul

Sarcastic Punk

PostPosted: Thu Apr 11, 2013 3:30 pm
As good as the eyes look on their own, with the completed face shading, they don't really blend with the face. They'd probably look fine if you were doing cell shading, but with the method you're using, they look too flat when compared to the rest of the face.  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 11, 2013 4:29 pm
It's hard to let go of an eye style though... but I've had to face the reality that my sketching style and coloring style aren't that compatible anymore since I have a different set of aesthetic standards for both. I want my characters to look like they actually exist in a real space with depth and everything rather than anime styled. I'm looking at sakimichan as a role model for my future artwork an for how I want to develop. Part of the reason why I wanted to do some Final Fantasy inspired art since the style of the newer installments is becoming increasingly more organic and realistic while still maintaining vibrant and colorful worlds.  

Kairanha

Tipsy Streaker

10,675 Points
  • Pie For All! 300
  • Bunny Hoarder 150

Kairanha

Tipsy Streaker

10,675 Points
  • Pie For All! 300
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
PostPosted: Thu Apr 11, 2013 7:03 pm
Finishing up the rest of the head. Already trying to account for the blue glow from the sword.

User Image  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2013 5:00 pm
User Image  

Kairanha

Tipsy Streaker

10,675 Points
  • Pie For All! 300
  • Bunny Hoarder 150

-Explosion-Array-

Feral Warlord

9,950 Points
  • Love Machine 150
  • Battle: Rogue 100
  • Protector of Cuteness 150
PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2013 6:13 pm
The texture and tones of the skin and hair are hypnotic with the play of the light you've got going on. The way the eyes are, she almost reminds me of a homonculus or a doll.  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2013 9:24 pm
dat shading... emotion_drool

This piece is going to be pretty epic emotion_dowant Though, one thing I thought about mentioning is the hair seems like it should be a bit sharper than it is, though that could just be my personal preference speaking.

ThisEmptySoul

Sarcastic Punk

Kairanha

Tipsy Streaker

10,675 Points
  • Pie For All! 300
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2013 10:47 pm
I'm really starting to like the facial features of BJDs, but it was an unintended, but not unwanted coincidence. If I tried to make something in that style directly I'd have butchered it. xp

I'm in agreement about the hair especially at the back of the head it really starts to blur out. It's mostly my habit of using an extremely low opacity and building up texture slowly that's causing it.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 20, 2013 11:00 pm
Minor updates. I thought the glove looked a bit plain so I added a little design to it and I plan on having it wrap around the sleeve as well now. Playing with visual effects for the halo. My next stop is to render in the metals that make up the four individual pieces of armor that make up the shoulder. Most of it isn't getting direct light so it shouldn't be much of a problem.

User Image  

Kairanha

Tipsy Streaker

10,675 Points
  • Pie For All! 300
  • Bunny Hoarder 150

Kairanha

Tipsy Streaker

10,675 Points
  • Pie For All! 300
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2013 11:41 am
Can't say I'm not finding it fun letting my OCD run rampant and try to make things look interesting as possible.
*゜.;・+(´・ω・`).;*。+゜

User Image  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2013 7:57 pm
I love the detail on that sleeve!  

Kits Rose

Feline Shapeshifter

Kairanha

Tipsy Streaker

10,675 Points
  • Pie For All! 300
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2013 5:23 pm
I collect all sorts of things, but my rock collection just became a bit more relevant to my current project since there is kinda a giant crystal sword in there somewhere. I always like having reference materials on hand when more delicate coloring methods are required.

User Image

Trying to get the feel of it right.

User Image  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2013 5:41 pm
Lovely amount of research, dear. ...though, I feel inclined to play with them. *_*  

-Explosion-Array-

Feral Warlord

9,950 Points
  • Love Machine 150
  • Battle: Rogue 100
  • Protector of Cuteness 150

SP-O Wlm Dougherty

Dedicated Guildsman

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2013 6:45 pm
Geodes  
The ART Dept

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 53 54 55 56 57 58 60 61 62 63 [>] [»|]