Welcome to Gaia! ::

It's A Girl Thing! ♥

Back to Guilds

A Family, A Home. 

Tags: Linkin Park, Contests, Hangout, Role Playing, Twilight 

Reply It's A Girl Thing!
1OM Giveaway ♥ Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 53 54 55 56 57 58 ... 137 138 139 140 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

lucystar

10,825 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Signature Look 250
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 6:41 pm
hello Silly  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 6:52 pm
*Goes off to bed*  

lucystar

10,825 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Signature Look 250
  • Person of Interest 200

Emo Pankakes

Gracious Gekko

11,500 Points
  • Nerd 50
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Bunny Spotter 50
PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 7:00 pm
Yokies

╔═ ☆ ⋆══════════════════════════╗

Oh, wow, I feel bad for your friend. A lot of the people that come in late when we are trying to close tip well. I mean some of them can be quite rude, but I never complain if they are good tippers!
I don't understand how people can just expect whatever they want from places sometimes. Like the majority of people have had or will at some point have a similar type job, and should have the common sense to say "hey, this person is just trying to do their job, and I'm being an a** to them" rolleyes

╚══════════════════════════ ☆ ⋆ ═╝

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 7:04 pm
Icy_Pandaz

^u^
Some of it is doodles and bad ref sheets. I'm hoping the art would be better once I get a tablet.

*is totally creeping on posts here*
I really like your Koala Hat drawing, very cute/KOALAS <3 emotion_kirakira

Emo Pankakes

Gracious Gekko

11,500 Points
  • Nerd 50
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Bunny Spotter 50
Kanari Ame rolled 10 100-sided dice: 49, 99, 40, 57, 14, 91, 51, 93, 92, 49 Total: 635 (10-1000)

Kanari Ame

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 7:16 pm
Hello~  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 7:46 pm
Emo Pankakes

Yeah. I don't know why people do that. The people who come in late are always the worst people there. They give her a hard time, especially when she's the only one there. One night it was 10 minutes before closing and she was the only waitress left. Three separate families came walking in expecting a meal, and fast, nearly at 11pm. They were rude and thought they were taking too long, despite the fact that not only did she have to serve all three families, there were still people there finishing up and paying their bill, along with the cooks having to make over 15 different meals since everyone ordered something separate. It was completely unfair, and because she "took too long", that's why they didn't tip her much, I think one family didn't leave her anything at all. It just disgusts me how entitled and belligerent people can be when they're the ones in the wrong. I would never expect my meal in less than 5 minutes when there is only one waitress and 15 different people coming in at once.

I'm glad your customers at least tip alright. Even if they are rude, their money isn't, so getting tipped despite their attitude is like a gift for having to deal with them. When you get nothing at all, it basically feels like you worked and slaved for them just for your reward to be a verbal beating. I just can't imagine being an a** to someone at work while they're trying their hardest to help you. I'd understand if they were rude to you from the start and didn't attempt at getting you any help, but otherwise there is no reason to be like that. Haha, sorry if I rambled, even though I've never actually had a job, I was always there for my friend (and a few others that have worked) when she had tough times at her different jobs, it just seems like everywhere she gets hired, it attracts the worst kind of people. She even had one guy openly hit on her while he was drunk with his wife. So I've heard my fair share of disgusting stories and I wish more people wouldn't believe "the customer is always right".

But, she's had a few very generous tippers, which is always good to hear. One couple even gave her 100 dollars! Just because she did her job right and was kind to them. I wish more people would see how hard she, and everyone else in the industry works for them. gonk

Kanari Ame

Hey, how are you? emotion_kirakira

Yokies

Crew

King Bear

64,350 Points
  • The Bears Are In 500
  • I Won the Titles the Titles are Mine! 500
  • Couple of Time 500
Kanari Ame rolled 5 100-sided dice: 94, 62, 3, 45, 74 Total: 278 (5-500)

Kanari Ame

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 7:48 pm
Yokies

I'm fine, about to go to bed.
How are you?
Your avatar is gorgeous by the way. heart  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 7:50 pm
Kanari Ame

Oh. o: Is it late for you?
I'm doing alright. Planning to stay up until like.. 3am haha.
Might play a little bit of Minecraft, after watching some Youtube. xD
Oh my~ Thank you. emotion_kirakira I'm happy you think so. ♥

Yokies

Crew

King Bear

64,350 Points
  • The Bears Are In 500
  • Couple of Time 500
Emo Pankakes rolled 10 100-sided dice: 30, 16, 75, 96, 8, 35, 25, 72, 34, 1 Total: 392 (10-1000)

Emo Pankakes

Gracious Gekko

11,500 Points
  • Nerd 50
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Bunny Spotter 50
PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 7:59 pm
Yokies

I feel like it's just common courtesy when you are in a restaurant that unless your server was very rude to you they deserve to be tipped 10-18% (my family usually does about 15, or more if they were really nice and did a good job, but I have noticed in some states people generally tip differently).
If people are expecting speedy service in a restaurant they need to get their act in order. I mean if you want something quick go to a fast food place. Other wise have some patients.
Unfortunately there are a lot of indecent people in the world. And I don't necessarily mean that they are all bad people or anything, but I think a lot of people are really just stuck in a "me, me, me!! I'm the most important!!" kind of mindset....

Kanari Ame

Hello yum_puddi

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 8:11 pm
Emo Pankakes

I feel that way too, especially in restaurants where tips are the bulk of someone's "paycheck". Not all restaurants have to offer a full check, they make waiters/waitresses depend on tips since it's generally "required" when you go out to places like that, but people don't tip like how they're supposed to and they're the ones who suffer because of it. 15 percent isn't bad, we tip pretty well when we go out. We even had a good conversation with one of the waiters up at the Golden Corral nearby, he remembered us too (when we went there a second time), even though he wasn't our waiter that night. It's just better to be kind with someone while their on the job, I don't want to be the reason why they start dreading work everyday, and treating people like that is just wrong anyhow, no matter how much you think you deserve your meal in 3 minutes.

I believe that way too. If you want something quick, get fast food, because that's not how it works at restaurants. They cook your food on the spot and it's impossible to get you and your entire family's meals together in less than 5 minutes. They don't deserve to be ridiculed and not get a tip just because you have outrageous expectations out of them.

I don't know. They may not normally be bad people, but I just don't respect someone who treats someone that way and actually has that kind of mindset while out on the town. I'd be horrified walking into a Subway and someone was being rude to one of the employees. gonk Everyone is so generally happy in the Subway nearby, it'd come as a shock to say the least.

Yokies

Crew

King Bear

64,350 Points
  • The Bears Are In 500
  • Couple of Time 500
Emo Pankakes rolled 15 100-sided dice: 32, 28, 53, 68, 49, 39, 84, 6, 60, 16, 88, 83, 5, 17, 32 Total: 660 (15-1500)

Emo Pankakes

Gracious Gekko

11,500 Points
  • Nerd 50
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Bunny Spotter 50
PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 8:48 pm
Yokies

I'm glad there are people like you who don't want to make restaurant employees hate their jobs. I mean, I actually like my job. It's good experience with dealing with people, and it's not too hard or overwhelming. But some times it's just really easy to let people get to you.
To be honest, there are only a few people that have come in and really bothered me ever. Most of the people that come there we see pretty often, we are near a gym, so a lot of their employees come in, and there are good handful of people that come get dinner after their workouts or whatever, and for the most part everyone is really nice.
There's this one lady in particular that like to come in on Friday nights when we are really busy that we just don't like at all. Recently someone else started working with me on Fridays and when I told him about this lady he said he hated her already. She's the worst kind of customer. She comes in with six kids, all around 7 to 12 years old, and she just lets them all yell at us and fight with each other about their orders, while she gossips with another woman and there is a long line. Then she tries to add stuff to her order when we are trying to ring her up and help the next customer @n@
And the woman that she gossips with usually orders 4 or 5 pizzas (keep in mind we serve the little tiny personal pizzas) so at that point you think maybe this lady could just have better pizza delivered, probably for less, but no. And they both pay with credit/never tip gonk

ahhh, sorry for ranting :'D

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 8:58 pm
Emo Pankakes

Yeah. I can't imagine having to go into work hating the people who show up there, so I don't want to make anyone feel that way. I'm glad you like your job and rude people usually don't get you down. 3nodding It's great that most of the people who go there are nice.

Wow, those two women sound like horrors, and all of those kids.. holy cow. Sounds like those kids are going to grow up like that and have a rude awakening when the real world doesn't let them act like that. Their mom may be able to get away with it while getting food and stuff, but I'm sure she doesn't get her way everywhere, and they'll get the same treatment once they're older. She needs to be setting a good example, not yell, kick and scream until you get your way. Who brings in six kids and doesn't even pay attention to them? If she wants to gossip with the lady then she could have left them at home and just brought a list on paper with what they wanted.

Ugh, that's just really silly. I don't think the Subway nearby have pizzas, I'm not sure if they'd sell well anyway, since there is a Little Caesar's in the same parking lot, even on the same row lol. Then again, people who have money to toss around usually don't care and get whatever they want. ._.

Haha, it's alright. I'm always open to listening to rants. c:
Besides, it's not really a rant, you're just talking about a horrible lady. emotion_awesome

Yokies

Crew

King Bear

64,350 Points
  • The Bears Are In 500
  • Couple of Time 500

Violet-Shay

Shy Dabbler

16,700 Points
  • Jack-pot 100
  • Generous 100
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 9:02 pm
Kanari Ame
Hello~

Hello!  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 9:42 pm
well this was a nice lil thing to work on
enjoy!
User Image  

sillysinz

KeyMera rolled 20 100-sided dice: 30, 67, 66, 41, 44, 77, 75, 73, 13, 64, 72, 32, 52, 38, 39, 5, 22, 73, 95, 98 Total: 1076 (20-2000)

KeyMera

Dapper Carnivore

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 10:05 pm
biggrin  
It's A Girl Thing!

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 53 54 55 56 57 58 ... 137 138 139 140 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games