Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Back to Guilds

A Dungeons & Dragons Roleplaying Guild - We have many active games, join requests are checked often, and everyone is accepted. 

Tags: Dungeons, Dragons, Roleplaying, Dungeons and Dragons 

Reply [D&D 4e] Glimmers in the Dark
Out of Character Thread Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 53 54 55 56 57 58 ... 117 118 119 120 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

SCN_ Grey_fox
Crew

PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2017 4:47 pm
I say slap him in irons(I got), heal Illya, and have her and Abby and gang guard the mage 'til after the battle.
blaugh  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2017 5:28 pm
Kowsauni
Scald Aura heals for your healing surge amount + a 1d6, but technically the combat ended on Ruin's turn so it's up to Alphabet if Twyla continues to sing and keep up the Aura now that the fighting is over.

I'll try to get an rp post up soon, but Ruin's attack finished off the last fleeing mage. It will take magical healing, or a successful heal check administered over a short rest for him to regain conciseness. However, with the real battle raging nearby, you guys are not sure you will have the luxury of taking a 5 minute break.

Well, my surge amount puts me at full either way.  

PupSage

Dapper Dog

20,850 Points
  • Beta Critic 0
  • Object of Affection 150
  • 50 Wins 150

AlphabetFish

PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2017 11:51 pm
Hmm, Kuori, I don't think it's a good idea to use one of the only two heals I have this early in the fight. There's definitely going to be another fight and if we're not able to rest then we're down half our heals. Especially if it's overhealing you! Then it's kind of a waste.

If you all you need is your healing surge, you can do a second wind.  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2017 4:37 am
Well I think we are essentially resting during your vacation times.  

PupSage

Dapper Dog

20,850 Points
  • Beta Critic 0
  • 50 Wins 150

Kowsauni
Crew

PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2017 10:56 am
With the fighting entire party hears taking place just beyond the trees it is obvious a large battle is taking place. It seems unlikely the party will be able to remain uninterrupted for the required 5 minutes to get the benefits of a short rest, but you all may attempt to take one.

Also, it seems that Illya plans to run off and assist her comrade's as soon as possible. I will be pausing the campaign once the party is done talking to Illya and she goes to leave.  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 25, 2017 9:36 am
Just for fun, intimidate check was 17

I know both Kow and Rain's thoughts on the matter. So, this roll was just for fun, and has no barring on the game, unless if the other player(s) wants it.

In short, play with it if you want, ignore it if you don't.

I think, that maybe my ruling on those matters, I need to think on it some more. I already foresee some players trying to take advantage of it...  

SCN_ Grey_fox
Crew

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

PostPosted: Sun Jun 25, 2017 9:59 am
My entire RL gaming experience (which includes D&D, but of course excludes diceless systems like Nobilis) has always included rolling against players as an option, I've never heard of it not being permitted until this guild sweatdrop

But unless it's concretely written into the rules (ex; Apocalypse World and kin), it's always been implied that you can ignore most such skill rolls if players trying to take advantage of you is ruining your fun by doing so. To me, if it's "roleplay appropriate", a skill roll to back it up to show however convincing you are if you so desire is always okay. Heck, I've seen intimidation tactics or diplomacy attempts or bluffs without the dice rolls, and players being on the fence and ask the fellow player to THEN make a dice roll to see which way they'd lean.

I think most people I've played with in the past have always have a shared mindset of "if you can make skill rolls to help players, and can make attack rolls to hurt players, why can't you make skill rolls to influence other players?" Seems like an oddly placed line in the sand when you can just as easily dismember someone foolish enough to sleep nearby you and let you keep watch.  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 25, 2017 10:33 am
DM's game, DM's rules

In my experience(Palladium games, DnD 3rd and 4E, D20 Star Wars, White Wolf and a d6 variant of WW that I can't remember)
Certain times I don't mind PvP, though I have also seen it tear groups apart. And I think many want to avoid that fate.

My RL group tends to roll for everything... I slap my only ally on his back in congratulation for surviving a hard battle with 3 hp remaining*rolls both attack and damage=ally is now dying*... Because that was how their old DM worked. sweatdrop

It has it's place, but some people, as said in one of the Batman movies, just want to watch the world burn. And if the DM is the I plan type, it hurts his plan if you kill one of your allies because he NEEDED sleep. (funny how a lotof games require that downtime) or start a out of game arguement over theft of a magic item that the character needed

PS; the only person the Intimidation check would affect, would have been the Barbarian... Thats right the guy who can chew nails and ****** steel, would be afraid of words.

DnD Intimidation pvp makes little sense to me; I mean the classes that are normally in backrow due to a real fear of being squished, have a bonus to Will(and usually have one of it's stats as a primary or secondary) and the ones that stand on the line facing the dragon's fire day in and out are easily shaken?  

SCN_ Grey_fox
Crew

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

PostPosted: Sun Jun 25, 2017 8:28 pm
Oh, yeah, I know, vis a vis the DM's rules. I got that, don't worry. It's just an adjustment for me, is all I'm saying sweatdrop

Funnily enough, I've never actually seen direct PvP, save for a "chase scene" at the end of a story arc.  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 26, 2017 12:06 am
There is a gif posted in this thread somewhere that sums up pretty well what will happen to player characters if they started fighting each other in one of my campaigns.  

Kowsauni
Crew

PupSage

Dapper Dog

20,850 Points
  • Beta Critic 0
  • 50 Wins 150
PostPosted: Thu Jul 13, 2017 9:50 am
Rain Yupa

Kuori: Go team female, let's save them!
Revenge: Ladies belong in the wagon withe the bodies.  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 13, 2017 5:25 pm
Arthur's one of the ladies now?  

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

PupSage

Dapper Dog

20,850 Points
  • Beta Critic 0
  • 50 Wins 150
PostPosted: Thu Jul 13, 2017 7:21 pm
Rain Yupa
Arthur's one of the ladies now?

I mean ... he's a coward.  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 13, 2017 8:00 pm
Are you suggesting being cowardly is a womanly quality?

Also, trying to avoid putting ones true love in direct combat with numerous enemies hell bent on returning her to a horrible fate, after spending 4 years infiltrating said evil organization to find and rescue her, is hardly what I would call a cowardly act. Maybe selfish, as it clear he values her safety above the groups cause.

Joking aside, just need to see what Valac is going to do and then I'll do an update post.  

Kowsauni
Crew

PupSage

Dapper Dog

20,850 Points
  • Beta Critic 0
  • 50 Wins 150
PostPosted: Fri Jul 14, 2017 4:23 am
No, I'm saying he is staying with the wagon either way.

And in a fight with either of those ladies vs their lovers, I'don't put money on the ladies. So why is everyone else acting like they can't defend themselves?  
[D&D 4e] Glimmers in the Dark

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 53 54 55 56 57 58 ... 117 118 119 120 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games