Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Bible Guild

Back to Guilds

What if Jesus meant every word He said? 

Tags: God, Jesus, The Holy Spirit, The Bible, Truth, Love, Eternal Life, Salvation, Faith, Holy, Fellowship, Apologetics 

Reply The Bible
The Kings James Bible (1611) Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 53 54 55 56 57 58 ... 77 78 79 80 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Bible guild Mule
Captain

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2018 12:20 pm
Ezekiel
Chapter 9
Viewing the original 1611 KJV

1 Hee cryed also in mine eares, with a loude voyce, saying; Cause them that hauecharge ouer the citie, to draw neere, euen euery man with his destroying weapon in his hand.

2 And behold, sixe men came from the way of the higher gate, which lyeth toward the North, and euery man a slaughter weapon in his hand: and one man among them was clothed with linnen, with a writers inkehorne by his side, and they went in and stood beside the brasen altar.

3 And the glory of the God of Israel was gone vp from the Cherub whereupon hee was, to the threshold of the house, and he called to the man clothed with linnen, which had the writers inkehorne by his side.

4 And the Lord sayd vnto him, Goe through the middest of the citie, through the middest of Ierusalem, and set a marke vpon the foreheads of the men that sigh, and that cry for all the abominations, that bee done in the middest thereof.

5 ¶ And to the others he said in mine hearing, Goe ye after him through the citie, and smite: let not your eye spare, neither haue ye pitie.

6 Slay vtterly olde and yong; both maides, and litle children, and women: but come not neere any man vpon whom is the marke, and begin at my sanctuary: then they began at the ancient men which were before the house.

7 And hee sayd vnto them, Defile the house, and fill the courts with the slaine, goe ye forth: and they went forth and slew in the citie.

8 ¶ And it came to passe while they were slaying them, and I was left, that I fell vpon my face, and cryed and said, Ah, Lord God, wilt thou destroy all the residue of Israel, in thy powring out of thy fury vpon Ierusalem?

9 Then sayd he vnto me; The iniquity of the house of Israel and Iudah is exceeding great, and the land is full of blood, and the citie full of peruersenesse: for they say; The Lord hath forsaken the earth, and the Lord seeth not.

10 And as for me also, mine eye shal not spare, neither will I haue pitie, but I will recompence their way vpon their head.

11 And behold, the man clothed with linnen, which had the inkehorne by his side, reported the matter, saying; I haue done as thou hast commanded me.  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2018 12:29 pm
Ezekiel
Chapter 10

1 Then I looked, and beholde, in the firmament that was aboue the head of the Cherubims, there appeared ouer them as it were a Saphir stone, as the appearance of the likenesse of a throne.

2 And hee spake vnto the man clothed with linnen, and sayd, Goe in between the wheeles, euen vnder the Cherub, and fill thine hand with coales of fire from betweene the Cherubims, and scatter them ouer the city. And he went in my sight.

3 Now the Cherubims stood on the right side of the house, when the man went in, and the cloud filled the inner court.

4 Then the glory of the Lord went vp from the Cherub, and stood ouer the threshold of the house, and the house was filled with the cloud, and the court was full of the brightnesse of the Lords glory.

5 And the sound of the Cherubims wings was heard euen to the vtter court, as the voice of the Almighty God when he speaketh.

6 And it came to passe that when he had commanded the man clothed with linnen, saying; Take fire from betweene the wheeles, from betweene the Cherubims; then he went in and stood beside the wheeles.

7 And one Cherub stretched forth his hand from betweene the Cherubims vnto the fire that was betweene the Cherubims: and tooke thereof, and put it into the handes of him that was clothed with linnen, who tooke it, and went out.

8 ¶ And there appeared in the Cherubims, the forme of a mans hand vnder their wings.

9 And when I looked, behold the foure wheeles by the Cherubims, one wheele by one Cherub, and an other wheele by an other Cherub: and the appearance of the wheeles was as the colour of a Berill stone.

10 And as for their appearances, they foure had one likenes as if a wheele had bene in the midst of a wheele.

11 When they went, they went vpon their foure sides; they turned not as they went, but to the place whither the head looked, they followed it; they turned not as they went.

12 And their whole body, and their backes, and their handes, and their wings, and the wheeles, were ful of eyes round about, euen the wheeles that they foure had.

13 As for the wheeles, it was cried vnto them in my hearing, O wheele.

14 And euery one had foure faces: the first face was the face of a Cherub, and the second face was the face of a man, and the third the face of a lion, and the fourth the face of an eagle.

15 And the Cherubims were lifted vp, this is the liuing creature that I saw by the riuer of Chebar.

16 And when the Cherubims went, the wheeles went by them: and when the Cherubims lift vp their wings, to mount vp from the earth, the same wheels also turned not frō beside them.

17 When they stood, these stood, and when they were lifted vp, these lift vp themselues also: for the spirit of the liuing creature was in them.

18 Then the glory of the Lord departed from off the threshold of the house, and stood ouer the Cherubims.

19 And the Cherubims lift vp their wings, and mounted vp from the earth in my sight: when they went out, the wheeles also were besides them, and euery one stood at the doore of the East gate of the Lords house, and the glorie of the God of Israel was ouer them aboue.

20 This is the liuing creature that I saw vnder the God of Israel, by the riuer of Chebar, and I knew that they were the Cherubims.

21 Euery one had foure faces a piece, and euery one foure wings, and the likenesse of the handes of a man was vnder their wings.

22 And the likenesse of their faces was the same faces which I saw by the riuer of Chebar, their appearances and themselues: they went euery one straight forward.  

Bible guild Mule
Captain

Bible guild Mule
Captain

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2018 10:23 am
Ezekiel
Chapter 11

1 Moreouer the Spirit lift me vp, and brought me vnto the East gate of the Lords house, which looketh Eastward: and behold at the doore of the gate fiue and twenty men; among whom I saw Iaazaniah the sonne of Azur, and Pelatiah the sonne of Benaiah, Princes of the people.

2 Then said he vnto me; Sonne of man, these are the men that deuise mischiefe, & giue wicked counsel in this city.

3 Which say, It is not neere, let vs build houses: this citie is the caldron, and we be the flesh.

4 ¶ Therefore prophecie against them, prophecie, O sonne of man.

5 And the Spirit of the Lord fell vpon me, and said vnto me, Speake, thus saith the Lord; Thus haue ye said, O house of Israel: for I know the things that come into your minde, euery one of them.

6 Ye haue multiplyed your slaine in this citie, and yee haue filled the streetes thereof with the slaine.

7 Therefore thus sayth the Lord God; Your slaine whom ye haue laid in the middest of it, they are the flesh, and this citie is the cauldron: but I wil bring you foorth out of the middest of it.

8 Ye haue feared the sword, and I will bring a sword vpon you, saith the Lord God.

9 And I will bring you out of the middest thereof, and deliuer you into the hands of strangers, and will execute iudgements among you.

10 Yee shall fall by the sword, I will iudge you in the border of Israel, and ye shall know that I am the Lord.

11 This citie shall not be your cauldron, neither shall ye be the flesh in the middest thereof, but I will iudge you in the border of Israel.

12 And ye shall know that I am the Lord: for yee haue not walked in my statutes, neither executed my iudgements, but haue done after the maners of the heathen that are round about you.

13 ¶ And it came to passe, when I prophecied, that Pelatiah the sonne of Benaiah died: then fell I downe vpon my face, and cried with a loud voice, and said; Ah Lord God, wilt thou make a full end of the remnant of Israel?

14 Againe the word of the Lord came vnto me, saying;

15 Sonne of man, thy brethren, euen thy brethren, the men of thy kinred, and all the house of Israel wholly are they, vnto whom the inhabitants of Ierusalem haue sayd; Get yee farre from the Lord: vnto vs is this land giuen in possession.

16 Therefore say, Thus sayth the Lord God; Although I haue cast them farre off among the heathen, and although I haue scattered them among the countreys, yet will I be to them as a little Sanctuarie in the countreys where they shall come.

17 Therefore say, Thus saith the Lord God; I will euen gather you from the people, and assemble you out of the countreys where ye haue beene scattered, and I will giue you the land of Israel.

18 And they shall come thither, and they shall take away all the detestable things thereof, and all the abominations thereof from thence.

19 And I wil giue them one heart, and I wil put a new spirit within you: and I will take the stonie heart out of their flesh, and will giue them an heart of flesh,

20 That they may walke in my statutes, and keepe mine ordinances, and doe them: and they shall be my people, and I will be their God.

21 But as for them whose heart walketh after the heart of their detestable things, and their abominations, I wil recompense their way vpon their owne heads, saith the Lord God.

22 ¶ Then did the Cherubims lift vp their wings, and the wheeles besides them, and the glory of the God of Israel was ouer them aboue.

23 And the glory of the Lord went vp from the middest of the citie, and stood vpon the mountaine, which is on the East side of the citie.

24 ¶ Afterwards the spirit tooke me vp, and brought me in vision by the spirit of God into Caldea to them of the captiuity: so the vision that I had seene, went vp from me.

25 Then I spake vnto them of the captiuity, all the things that the Lord had shewed me.  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2018 9:43 am
Ezekiel
Chapter 12

1 The word of the Lord also came vnto me, saying;

2 Sonne of man, thou dwellest in the middest of a rebellious house, which haue eyes to see, and see not: they haue eares to heare, and heare not: for they are a rebellious house.

3 Therefore thou sonne of man, prepare thee stuffe for remoouing, and remooue by day in their sight, and thou shalt remoue from thy place to another place in their sight; it may be they will consider, though they bee a rebellious house.

4 Then shalt thou bring foorth thy stuffe by day in their sight, as stuffe for remoouing: and thou shalt goe foorth at euen in their sight, as they that goe foorth into captiuitie.

5 Digge thou through the wall in their sight, and cary out thereby.

6 In their sight shalt thou beare it vpon thy shoulders, and cary it foorth in the twy light: thou shalt couer thy face, that thou see not the ground: for I haue set thee for a signe vnto the house of Israel.

7 And I did so as I was commanded: I brought forth my stuffe by day, as stuffe for captiuity, and in the euen I digged through the wall with mine hand, I brought it foorth in the twy light, and I bare it vpon my shoulder in their sight.

8 ¶ And in the morning came the word of the Lord vnto me, saying,

9 Sonne of man, hath not the house of Israel, the rebellious house, sayd vnto thee, What doest thou?

10 Say thou vnto them; Thus saith the Lord God; This burden concerneth the Prince in Ierusalem, and all the house of Israel that are among them.

11 Say, I am your signe: like as I haue done, so shall it be done vnto them: they shall remooue and goe into captiuitie.

12 And the Prince that is among them, shall beare vpon his shoulder in the twylight, and shall goe forth: they shall digge through the wall to cary out thereby: he shall couer his face, that he see not the ground with his eyes.

13 My net also will I spread vpon him, and he shall be taken in my snare, and I wil bring him to Babylon to the land of the Caldeans, yet shall hee not see it, though he shall die there.

14 And I will scatter toward euery winde all that are about him to helpe him, and all his bands, and I wil draw out the sword after them.

15 And they shall know that I am the Lord, when I shal scatter them among the nations, and disperse them in the countreys.

16 But I will leaue a few men of them from the sword, from the famine, and from the pestilence, that they may declare all their abominations among the heathen whither they come, and they shall know that I am the Lord.

17 ¶ Moreouer, the worde of the Lord came to me, saying;

18 Sonne of man, eate thy bread with quaking, and drinke thy water with trembling and with carefulnesse,

19 And say vnto the people of the land; Thus sayth the Lord God, of the inhabitants of Ierusalem, and of the land of Israel; They shall eat their bread with carefulnes, and drinke their water with astonishment, that her land may be desolate from all that is therein, because of the violence of them that dwell therein.

20 And the cities that are inhabited, shall be laid waste, and the land shall be desolate, and yee shall know that I am the Lord.

21 ¶ And the word of the Lord came vnto me, saying;

22 Sonne of man, what is that prouerbe, that ye haue in the land of Israel, saying; The dayes are prolonged, and euery vision faileth?

23 Tell them therefore, Thus sayth the Lord God; I will make this prouerbe to cease, and they shall no more vse it as a prouerbe in Israel: but say vnto them, The dayes are at hand, and the effect of euery vision.

24 For there shall bee no more any vaine vision, nor flattering diuination, within the house of Israel.

25 For I am the Lord: I will speake, & the word that I shall speake, shall come to passe: it shall be no more prolonged: for in your dayes, O rebellious house, will I say the word, and will performe it, sayth the Lord God.

26 ¶ Againe the word of the Lord came to me, saying;

27 Sonne of man, behold, they of the house of Israel say; The vision that he seeth is for many dayes to come, and he prophecieth of the times that are far off.

28 Therefore say vnto them, Thus saith the Lord God, There shal none of my words be prolonged any more, but the worde which I haue spoken, shall be done, sayth the Lord God.  

Bible guild Mule
Captain

Bible guild Mule
Captain

PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2018 2:34 pm
Ezekiel
Chapter 13

1 And the worde of the Lord came vnto mee, saying;

2 Sonne of man, prophecie against the Prophets of Israel that prophecie, and say thou vnto them that prophecie out of their owne hearts, Heare ye the word of the Lord.

3 Thus saith the Lord God; Woe vnto the foolish prophets, that follow their owne spirit, and haue seene nothing.

4 O Israel, thy prophets are like the foxes in the deserts.

5 Yee haue not gone vp into the gaps, neither made vp the hedge for the house of Israel, to stand in the battell in the day of the Lord.

6 They haue seene vanity, and lying diuination, saying; The Lord saith, and the Lord hath not sent them: and they haue made others to hope, that they would confirme the word.

7 Haue ye not seene a vaine vision, and haue ye not spoken a lying diuination, whereas yee say, The Lord sayth it, albeit I haue not spoken?

8 Therefore thus saith the Lord God; Because ye haue spoken vanity and seene lyes, therefore behold, I am against you, saith the Lord God.

9 And mine hand shall be vpon the Prophets that see vanitie, and that diuine lyes: they shall not bee in the assembly of my people, neither shall they be written in the writing of the house of Israel, neither shall they enter into the land of Israel, and ye shall know that I am the Lord God.

10 ¶ Because, euen because they haue seduced my people, saying; Peace, and there was no peace: and one built vp a wall, and loe, others dawbed it with vntempered morter,

11 Say vnto them which dawbe it with vntempered morter, that it shall fall: there shall bee an ouerflowing showre, and yee, O great haile stones, shal fall, and a stormie wind shal rent it.

12 Loe, when the wall is fallen, shall it not bee sayde vnto you; Where is the dawbing wherwith ye haue dawbed it?

13 Therefore thus sayth the Lord God; I will euen rent it with a stormie wind in my fury: and there shall be an ouerflowing showre in mine anger, and great hailestones in my fury, to consume it.

14 So wil I breake downe the wall that ye haue dawbed with vntempered morter, & bring it downe to the ground, so that the foundation thereof shall be discouered, and it shall fall, and ye shall be consumed in the middest thereof: and ye shall know that I am the Lord.

15 Thus will I accomplish my wrath vpon the wall, and vpon them that haue dawbed it with vntempered morter, and will say vnto you; The wall is no more, neither they that dawbed it:

16 To wit, the Prophets of Israel which prophecie concerning Ierusalem, and which see visions of peace for her, and there is no peace, sayth the Lord God.

17 ¶ Likewise thou sonne of man, set thy face against the daughters of thy people; which prophecie out of their owne heart, and prophecie thou against them,

18 And say, Thus saith the Lord God; Woe to the women that sow pillowes to all arme holes, and make kerchiefes vpon the head of euery stature to hunt soules: Will ye hunt the soules of my people, and will yee saue the soules aliue that come vnto you?

19 And will yee pollute me among my people for handfuls of barley, and for pieces of bread, to slay the soules that should not die, and to saue the soules aliue that should not liue, by your lying to my people that heare your lyes?

20 Wherefore thus sayth the Lord God, Behold, I am against your pillowes, wherewith yee there hunt the soules to make them flie, and I will teare them from your armes, and will let the soules goe, euen the soules that ye hunt to make them flie.

21 Your kerchiefes also will I teare, and deliuer my people out of your hand, and they shalbe no more in your hand to be hunted, and yee shall know that I am the Lord.

22 Because with lyes yee haue made the heart of the righteous sad whom I haue not made sad; and strengthened the hands of the wicked, that hee should not returne from his wicked way by promising him life:

23 Therefore yee shall see no more vanitie, nor diuine diuinations, for I will deliuer my people out of your hand, and ye shall knowe that I am the Lord. par  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2018 11:23 am
Ezekiel
Chapter 14

1 Then came certaine of the Elders of Israel vnto me, and sate before me.

2 And the word of the Lord came vnto me, saying,

3 Sonne of man, these men haue set vp their idoles in their heart, and put the stumbling blocke of their iniquitie before their face: should I be enquired of at all by them?

4 Therefore speake vnto them, and say vnto them, Thus saith the Lord God; Euery man of the house of Israel that setteth vp his idoles in his heart, and putteth the stumbling blocke of his iniquitie before his face, and commeth to the Prophet, I the Lord will answere him that commeth, according to the multitude of his idoles,

5 That I may take the house of Israel in their owne heart, because they are all estranged from mee through their idoles.

6 ¶ Therefore say vnto the house of Israel, Thus saith the Lord God, Repent, and turne your selues from your idoles, and turne away your faces from all your abominations.

7 For euery one of the house of Israel, or of the stranger that soiourneth in Israel, which separateth himselfe from me, and setteth vp his idols in his heart, and putteth the stumbling blocke of his iniquitie before his face, and commeth to a prophet to enquire of him concerning me, I the Lord will answere him by my selfe.

8 And I wil set my face against that man, and will make him a signe and a prouerbe, and I will cut him off from the midst of my people, and yee shall know that I am the Lord.

9 And if the prophet bee deceiued when hee hath spoken a thing, I the Lord haue deceiued that prophet, and I will stretch out my hand vpon him, and will destroy him from the midst of my people Israel.

10 And they shall beare the punishment of their iniquitie: the punishment of the prophet shall bee euen as the punishment of him that seeketh vnto him:

11 That the house of Israel may goe no more astray from me, neither be polluted any more with all their transgressions; but that they may be my people, and I may bee their God, sayeth the Lord God.

12 ¶ The word of the Lord came againe to me, saying,

13 Sonne of man, when the land sinneth against mee by trespassing grieuously, then will I stretch out mine hand vpon it, and will breake the staffe of the bread thereof, and will send famine vpon it, and will cut off man and beast from it.

14 Though these three men, Noah, Daniel and Iob were in it, they should deliuer but their owne soules by their righteousnes, saith the Lord God.

15 ¶ If I cause noisome beastes to passe through the land, and they spoile it, so that it bee desolate, that no man may passe through because of the beasts:

16 Though these three men were in it, as I liue, saith the Lord God, they shall deliuer neither sonnes nor daughters: they onely shalbe deliuered, but the land shalbe desolate.

17 ¶ Or if I bring a sword vpon that land, and say, Sword, goe through the lande, so that I cut off man and beast from it:

18 Though these three men were in it, as I liue, saith the Lord God, they shall deliuer neither sonnes nor daughter, but they onely shall bee deliuered themselues.

19 ¶ Or if I send a pestilence into that land, and powre out my fury vpon it in blood, to cut off from it man and beast:

20 Though Noah, Daniel and Iob were in it, as I liue, saith the Lord God, they shal deliuer neither son nor daughter: they shall but deliuer their owne soules by their righteousnes.

21 For thus saith the Lord God, How much more when I send my foure sore iudgements vpon Ierusalem; the sword, and the famine, and the noisome beast, and the pestilence, to cut off from it man and beast?

22 ¶ Yet behold, therein shalbe left a remnant that shalbe brought foorth, both sonnes and daughters: behold, they shall come foorth vnto you, and ye shall see their way and their doings: and ye shalbe comforted concerning the euill that I haue brought vpon Ierusalem, euen concerning all that I haue brought vpon it.

23 And they shall comfort you when yee see their wayes and their doings: and ye shal know that I haue not done without cause, all that I haue done in it, saith the Lord God.  

Bible guild Mule
Captain

Bible guild Mule
Captain

PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2018 10:42 am
Ezekiel
Chapter 15

1 And the word of þe Lord came vnto me, saying.

2 Sonne of man, What is the Uine tree more then any tree, or then a branch which is among the trees of the forrest?

3 Shall wood bee taken thereof to doe any worke? or, will men take a pin of it, to hang any vessell thereon?

4 Behold, it is cast into the fire for fewell: the fire deuoureth both the ends of it, and the middest of it is burnt. Is it meete for any worke?

5 Behold, when it was whole it was meete for no worke: how much lesse shall it be meete yet for any worke, when the fire hath deuoured it, and it is burned?

6 ¶ Therefore thus saith the Lord God; As the Uine tree among the trees of the forrest, which I haue giuen to the fire for fewell, so will I giue the inhabitants of Ierusalem.

7 And I will set my face against them, they shall goe out from one fire, and another fire shall deuoure them, and ye shall know that I am the Lord, when I set my face against them.

8 And I will make the land desolate, because they haue committed a trespasse, saith the Lord God.  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2018 9:07 am
Ezekiel
Chapter 16

1 Againe the worde of the Lord came vnto me, saying;

2 Son of man, cause Ierusalem to know her abominations,

3 And say, Thus saith the Lord God vnto Ierusalem; Thy birth and thy natiuitie is of the land of Canaan, thy father was an Amorite, and thy mother an Hittite.

4 And as for thy natiuity in the day thou wast borne, thy nauell was not cut, neither wast thou washed in water to supple thee: thou wast not salted at all, nor swadled at all.

5 None eye pitied thee to doe any of these vnto thee, to haue compassion vpon thee, but thou wast cast out in the open field, to the lothing of thy person, in the day that thou wast borne.

6 ¶ And when I passed by thee, and saw thee polluted in thine owne blood, I said vnto thee when thou wast in thy blood, Liue: yea I said vnto thee when thou wast in thy blood, Liue.

7 I haue caused thee to multiply as the bud of the field, and thou hast increased and waxen great, and thou art come to excellent ornaments: thy breasts are fashioned, and thine haire is growen, whereas thou wast naked and bare.

8 Now when I passed by thee, and looked vpon thee, behold, thy time was the time of loue, and I spread my skirt ouer thee, and couered thy nakednesse: yea, I sware vnto thee, and entred into a couenant with thee, sayth the Lord God, and thou becamest mine.

9 Then washed I thee with water: yea, I throughly washed away thy blood from thee, and I anointed thee with oyle.

10 I clothed thee also with broidred worke, & shod thee with badgers skin, and I girded thee about with fine linen, and I couered thee with silke.

11 I decked thee also with ornaments, and I put bracelets vpon thine hands, and a chaine on thy necke.

12 And I put a iewell on thy forehead, and eare-rings in thine eares, and a beautifull crowne vpon thine head.

13 Thus wast thou decked with gold and siluer, and thy raiment was of fine linen & silke, and broidered worke, thou didst eate fine floure and honie and oyle, and thou wast exceeding beautiful, and thou didst prosper into a kingdome.

14 And thy renowme went foorth among the heathen for thy beautie: for it was perfect through my comelinesse which I had put vpon thee, sayth the Lord God.

15 ¶ But thou diddest trust in thine owne beauty, and playedst the harlot, because of thy renowne, and powredst out thy fornications on euery one that passed by; his it was.

16 And of thy garments thou diddest take, and deckedst thy high places with diuers colours, and playedst the harlot thereupon: the like things shall not come, neither shall it be so.

17 Thou hast also taken thy faire iewels of my gold and of my siluer, which I had giuen thee, and madest to thy selfe images of men, and diddest commit whoredome with them,

18 And tookest thy broidered garments and coueredst them: and thou hast set mine oyle and mine incense before them.

19 My meate also which I gaue thee, fine flowre, and oyle, and honie wherewith I fed thee, thou hast euen set it before them for a sweete sauour: and thus it was, saith the Lord God.

20 Moreouer thou hast taken thy sonnes and thy daughters, whom thou hast borne vnto me, and these hast thou sacrificed vnto them to be deuoured: is this of thy whoredomes a small matter,

21 That thou hast slaine my children, and deliuered them to cause them to passe through the fire for them?

22 And in all thine abominations and thy whooredomes, thou hast not remembred the dayes of thy youth, when thou wast naked and bare, and wast polluted in thy blood.

23 And it came to passe after all thy wickednesse (woe, woe vnto thee, saith the Lord God.)

24 That thou hast also built vnto thee an eminent place, and hast made thee an high place in euery streete.

25 Thou hast built thy high place at euery head of the way, and hast made thy beauty to be abhorred, and hast opened thy feete to euery one that passed by, and multiplied thy whooredomes.

26 Thou hast also committed fornication with the Egyptians thy neighbours great of flesh, & hast increased thy whooredomes, to prouoke me to anger.

27 Behold therefore, I haue stretched out my hand ouer thee, and haue diminished thine ordinarie foode, and deliuered thee vnto the will of them that hate thee, the daughters of the Philistines, which are ashamed of thy lewd way.

28 Thou hast played the whoore also with the Assyrians, because thou wast vnsatiable: yea thou hast played the harlot with them, and yet couldest not be satisfied.

29 Thou hast moreouer multiplied thy fornication in the land of Canaan vnto Caldea, and yet thou wast not satisfied heerewith.

30 How weake is thine heart, saith the Lord God, seeing thou doest all these things, the work of an imperious whorish woman?

31 In that thou buildest thine eminent place in the head of euery way, and makest thine high place in euery streete, and hast not beene as an harlot, in that thou scornest hire:

32 But as a wife that committeth adulterie, which taketh strangers in steede of her husband.

33 They giue gifts to all whores, but thou giuest thy gifts to all thy louers, and hyrest them, that they may come vnto thee on euery side for thy whoredome.

34 And the contrary is in thee from other women in thy whoredomes, whereas none followeth thee to commit whoredomes: and in that thou giuest a reward, and no reward is giuen vnto thee: therefore thou art contrary.

35 ¶ Wherefore, O harlot, heare the word of the Lord.

36 Thus saith the Lord God; Because thy filthinesse was powred out, and thy nakednesse discouered through thy whoredomes with thy louers, and with all the idols of thy abominations, and by the blood of thy children, which thou diddest giue vnto them,

37 Behold therefore, I will gather all thy louers, with whom thou hast taken pleasure, and all them that thou hast loued, with all them that thou hast hated: I will euen gather them round about against thee, and will discouer thy nakednesse vnto them, that they may see all thy nakednesse.

38 And I will iudge thee, as women that breake wedlocke and shead blood are iudged, and I will giue thee blood in fury and iealousie.

39 And I will also giue thee into their hand, and they shal throw downe thine eminent place, and shall breake downe thy high places: they shall strip thee also of thy clothes, and shall take thy faire iewels, and leaue thee naked and bare.

40 They shall also bring vp a companie against thee, and they shall stone thee with stones, and thrust thee thorough with their swords.

41 And they shall burne thine houses with fire, and execute iudgements vpon thee in the sight of many women: and I wil cause thee to cease from playing the harlot, and thou also shalt giue no hire any more.

42 So will I make my fury towards thee to rest, and my iealousie shall depart from thee, and I will be quiet, and will be no more angry.

43 Because thou hast not remembred the dayes of thy youth, but hast fretted mee in all these things; behold therefore, I also will recompence thy way vpon thine head, saith the Lord God: and thou shalt not commit this lewdnesse, aboue all thine abominations.

44 ¶ Behold, euery one that vseth prouerbs, shall vse this prouerbe against thee, saying, As is the mother, so is her daughter.

45 Thou art thy mothers daughter, that lotheth her husband and her children, and thou art the sister of thy sisters which lothed their husbands, and their children: your mother was an Hittite, and your father an Amorite.

46 And thine elder sister is Samaria, she and her daughters, that dwell at thy left hand: and thy younger sister that dwelleth at thy right hand, is Sodom and her daughters.

47 Yet hast thou not walked after their wayes, nor done after their abominations: but as if that were a very litle thing, thou wast corrupted more then they in all thy wayes.

48 As I liue, saith the Lord God, Sodom thy sister hath not done, she nor her daughters, as thou hast done, thou and thy daughters.

49 Behold, this was the iniquitie of thy sister Sodom; Pride, fulnesse of bread, and aboundance of idlenesse was in her and in her daughters, neither did she strengthen the hand of the poore and needy.

50 And they were hautie, and committed abomination before me: therefore I tooke them away, as I saw good.

51 Neither hath Samaria committed halfe of thy sinnes, but thou hast multiplied thine abominations more then they, and hast iustified thy sisters in all thine abominations, which thou hast done.

52 Thou also which hast iudged thy sisters, beare thine owne shame for thy sinnes, that thou hast committed more abominable then they: they are more righteous then thou: yea be thou confounded also, and beare thy shame, in that thou hast iustified thy sisters.

53 When I shall bring againe their captiuitie, the captiuitie of Sodom and her daughters, and the captiuitie of Samaria and her daughters, then will I bring againe the captiuity of thy captiues in the midst of them;

54 That thou mayest beare thine owne shame, and mayest be confounded in all that thou hast done, in that thou art a comfort vnto them.

55 When thy sisters, Sodom and her daughters shal returne to their former estate, and Samaria and her daughters shall returne to their former estate, then thou and thy daughters shall returne to your former estate.

56 For thy sister Sodom was not mentioned by thy mouth in the day of thy pride;

57 Before thy wickednesse was discouered, as at the time of thy reproch of the daughters of Syria, and all that are round about her, the daughters of the Philistines which despise thee round about.

58 Thou hast borne thy lewdnesse, and thine abominations, saith the Lord.

59 For thus saith the Lord God; I will euen deale with thee as thou hast done, which hast despised the oath in breaking the couenant.

60 ¶ Neuerthelesse I will remember my couenant with thee in the dayes of thy youth, and I will establish vnto thee an euerlasting couenant.

61 Then thou shalt remember thy wayes and be ashamed, when thou shalt receiue thy sisters, thine elder and thy younger, and I will giue them vnto thee for daughters, but not by thy couenant.

62 And I will establish my couenant with thee, and thou shalt know that I am the Lord:

63 That thou mayest remember, and bee confounded, and neuer open thy mouth any more: because of thy shame, when I am pacified toward thee, for all that thou hast done, sayeth the Lord God.  

Bible guild Mule
Captain

Bible guild Mule
Captain

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2018 10:56 am
Ezekiel
Chapter 17

1 And the word of the Lord came vnto mee, saying,

2 Sonne of man, put foorth a riddle, and speake a parable vnto the house of Israel,

3 And say, Thus saith the Lord God, A great eagle with great wings, long wing'd, full of feathers, which had diuers colours, camevnto Lebanon, and tooke the highest branch of the Cedar.

4 Hee cropt off the top of his yong twigs, and caried it into a land of traffique; he set it in a city of merchants.

5 Hee tooke also of the seed of the land, and planted it in a fruitfull field, he placed it by great waters, and set it as a willow tree.

6 And it grew, and became a spreading Uine of low stature, whose branches turned toward him, and the roots thereof were vnder him: so it became a Uine, and brought forth branches, and shot foorth sprigges.

7 There was also an other great eagle, with great wings and many feathers, and behold, this Uine did bend her rootes towards him, and shot forth her branches toward him, that hee might water it by the furrowes of her plantation.

8 It was planted in a good soile by great waters, that it might bring forth branches, and that it might beare fruit, that it might be a goodly Uine.

9 Say thou, Thus saith the Lord God; Shall it prosper? shall he not pull vp the rootes thereof, and cut off the fruit thereof, that it wither? it shall wither in all the leaues of her spring, euen without great power, or many people to plucke it vp by the rootes thereof.

10 Yea behold, being planted, shall it prosper? shall it not vtterly wither, when the East wind toucheth it? it shal wither in the furrowes where it grew.

11 ¶ Moreouer the word of the Lord came vnto me, saying,

12 Say now to the rebellious house, Know ye not what these things meane? tell them, behold, the king of Babylon is come to Ierusalem, and hath taken the King thereof, and the Princes thereof, and ledde them with him to Babylon,

13 And hath taken of the kings seed, and made a couenant with him, and hath taken an oath of him: he hath also taken the mighty of the land,

14 That the kingdome might bee base, that it might not lift it selfe vp, but that by keeping of his Couenant it might stand.

15 But he rebelled against him in sending his ambassadours into Egypt, that they might giue him horses and much people: shall he prosper? shall he escape that doeth such things? or shall hee breake the Couenant, and bee deliuered?

16 As I liue, saith the Lord God, surely in the place where the king dwelleth that made him king, whose oath he despised, and whose couenant he brake, euen with him, in the midst of Babylon he shall die.

17 Neither shall Pharaoh with his mightie armie and great companie make for him in the warre by casting vp mounts, and building forts, to cut off many persons.

18 Seeing hee despised the oath by breaking the couenant (when loe, he had giuen his hand) and hath done all these things, he shall not escape.

19 Therefore thus saith the Lord God, As I liue, surely mine oath that he hath despised, and my Couenant that he hath broken, euen it will I recompense vpon his owne head.

20 And I will spread my net vpon him, & he shalbe taken in my snare, and I will bring him to Babylon, and will plead with him there for his trespasse, that he hath trespassed against me.

21 And all his fugitiues, with all his bands, shall fall by the sword, and they that remaine shalbe scattered towards all windes: and ye shall know that I the Lord haue spoken it.

22 ¶ Thus saith the Lord God, I wil also take of the highest branch of the high Cedar, and will set it, I will croppe off from the top of his yong twigges a tender one, and will plant it vpon an high mountaine and eminent.

23 In the mountaine of the height of Israel will I plant it: and it shall bring foorth boughes, and beare fruite, and be a goodly Cedar, and vnder it shall dwell all foule of euery wing: in the shadow of the branches thereof shal they dwell.

24 And all the trees of the field shall know that I the Lord haue brought downe the high tree, haue exalted the low tree, haue dried vp the greene tree, and haue made the drie tree to flourish: I the Lord haue spoken, and haue done it.  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2018 11:57 am
Ezekiel
Chapter 18

1 And the word of þe Lord came vnto me againe, saying;

2 What meane ye that yee vse this prouerbe concerning the land of Israel, saying, The fathers haue eaten sowre grapes, and the childrens teeth are set on edge?

3 As I liue, saith the Lord God, yee shall not haue occasion any more to vse this prouerbe in Israel.

4 Behold, all soules are mine, as the soule of the father, so also the soule of the sonne is mine: the soule that sinneth, it shall die.

5 ¶ But if a man be iust, and do that which is lawfull and right:

6 And hath not eaten vpon the mountaines, neither hath lift vp his eyes to the idoles of the house of Israel, neither hath defiled his neighbours wife, neither hath come neere to a menstruous woman,

7 And hath not oppressed any, but hath restored to the debtourhis pledge, hath spoiled none by violence, hath giuen his bread to the hungrie, and hath couered the naked with a garment,

8 He that hath not giuen foorth vpon vsurie, neither hath taken any increase, that hath withdrawen his hand from iniquitie, hath executed true iudgement betweene man and man,

9 Hath walked in my Statutes, and hath kept my Iudgements to deale truely; hee is iust, hee shall surely liue, saith the Lord God.

10 ¶ If hee beget a sonne that is a robber, a shedder of blood, and that doth the like to any one of these things,

11 And that doeth not any of those duties, bnt euen hath eaten vpon the mountains, and defiled his neighbours wife,

12 Hath oppressed the poore and needie, hath spoiled by violence, hath not restored the pledge, and hath lift vp his eyes to the idoles, hath committed abomination,

13 Hath giuen foorth vpon vsurie, and hath taken encrease: shall he then liue? hee shall not liue: hee hath done all these abominations, hee shall surely die, his blood shalbe vpon him.

14 ¶ Now loe, if hee beget a sonne that seeth all his fathers sinnes which he hath done, and considereth, and doth not such like,

15 That hath not eaten vpon the mountaines, neither hath lift vp his eyes to the idoles of the house of Israel, hath not defiled his neighbours wife,

16 Neither hath oppressed any, hath not withholden the pledge, neither hath spoiled by violence, but hath giuen his bread to the hungry, and hath couered the naked with a garment,

17 That hath taken off his hand from the poore, that hath not receiued vsurie nor increase, hath executed my Iudgements, hath walked in my Statutes, he shall not die for the iniquitie of his father, he shall surely liue.

18 As for his father, because hee cruelly oppressed, spoiled his brother by violence, and did that which is not good among his people, loe, euen he shall die in his iniquitie.

19 ¶ Yet say yee, Why? doeth not the sonne beare the iniquitie of the father? when the sonne hath done that which is lawfull and right, and hath kept all my Statutes, and hath done them, he shall surely liue.

20 The soule that sinneth, it shal die: the sonne shall not beare the iniquitie of the father, neither shal the father beare the iniquitie of the sonne; the righteousnesse of the righteous shall bee vpon him, and the wickednesse of the wicked shalbe vpon him.

21 But if the wicked will turne from all his sinnes that he hath committed and keepe all my statutes, and doe that which is lawful and right, he shall surely liue, he shall not die.

22 All his transgressions that he hath committed, they shall not be mentioned vnto him: in his righteousnesse, that he hath done, he shall liue.

23 Haue I any pleasure at all that the wicked should die, saith the Lord God ? And not that he should returne from his wayes, and liue?

24 ¶ But when the righteous turneth away frō his righteousnes, & committeth iniquitie, and doth according to all the abominations that the wicked man doth, shall he liue? all his righteousnesse that he hath done, shall not be mentioned: in his trespasse that he hath trespassed, and in his sinne that he hath sinned, in them shall he die.

25 ¶ Yet yee say; The way of the Lord is not equall. Heare now, O house of Israel; Is not my way equall? are not your wayes vnequall?

26 When a righteous man turneth away from his righteousnesse, & committeth iniquitie, and dieth in them; for his iniquitie that he hath done, shall he die.

27 Againe, when the wicked man turneth away from his wickednesse that he hath committed, and doth that which is lawfull and right, he shall saue his soule aliue.

28 Because he considereth and turneth away from all his transgressions that he hath committed, he shall surely liue, he shall not die.

29 Yet saith the house of Israel; The way of the Lord is not equall. O house of Israel, are not my wayes equall? are not your wayes vnequall?

30 Therefore I will iudge you, O house of Israel, euery one according to his wayes, saith the Lord God; repent, and turne your selues from all your transgressions: so iniquitie shall not be your ruine.

31 ¶ Cast away from you all your transgressions, wherby yee haue transgressed, and make you a new heart and a new spirit: for why will yee die, O house of Israel?

32 For I haue no pleasure in þe death of him that dieth, saith the Lord God: wherefore turne your selues, & liue ye.  

Bible guild Mule
Captain

Bible guild Mule
Captain

PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2018 12:19 pm
Ezekiel
Chapter 19

1 Moreouer, take thou vp a lamentation for the princes of Israel,

2 And say, What is thy mother? a lyonesse: shee lay downe among lions, she nourished her whelpes among yong lions.

3 And shee brought vp one of her whelps: it became a yong lion, & it learned to catch the pray, it deuoured men.

4 The nations also heard of him, hee was taken in their pit, and they brought him with chaines vnto the land of Egypt.

5 Now when she saw that shee had waited, and her hope was lost, then she tooke another of her whelps, and made him a yong lion.

6 And he went vp and downe among the lions, he became a yong lion, and learned to catch the pray, and deuoured men.

7 And he knew there desolate palaces, and he laied waste their cities, and the land was desolate, and the fulnesse thereof by the noise of his roaring.

8 Then the nations set against him on euery side from the prouinces, and spread their net ouer him: he was taken in their pit.

9 And they put him in ward in chaines, and brought him to the king of Babylon, they brought him into holds, that his voyce should no more be heard vpon the mountaines of Israel.

10 ¶ Thy mother is like a vine in thy blood, planted by the waters, she was fruitfull and full of branches by reason of many waters,

11 And she had strong rods for the scepters of them that beare rule, and her stature was exalted among the thicke branches, & she appeared in her height with the multitude of her branches.

12 But she was plucked vp in fury: she was cast downe to the ground, and the East wind dryed vp her fruite: her strong rods were broken and withered, the fire consumed them.

13 And now she is planted in the wildernesse, in a dry and thirsty ground.

14 And fire is gone out of a rod of her branches, which hath deuoured her fruite, so that she hath no strong rod to be a scepter to rule: this is a lamentation, and shall be for a lamentation.  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2018 10:59 am
Ezekiel
Chapter 20

1 And it came to passe in the seuenth yeere, in the fift moneth, the tenth day of the moneth, that certaine of the elders of Israel came to enquire of the Lord, and sate before me.

2 Then came the word of the Lord vnto me, saying,

3 Sonne of man, speake vnto the elders of Israel, and say vnto them, Thus saith the Lord God, Are yee come to enquire of me? As I liue, saith the Lord God, I will not be enquired of by you.

4 Wilt thou iudge them, sonne of man, wilt thou iudge them? cause them to know the abominations of their fathers:

5 ¶ And say vnto them, Thus saith the Lord God, In the day when I chose Israel, and lifted vp mine hand vnto the seed of the house of Iacob, and made my selfe knowen vnto them in the land of Egypt, when I lifted vp mine hand vnto them, saying, I am the Lord your God,

6 In the day that I lifted vp mine hand vnto them to bring them foorth of the land of Egypt, into a lande that I had espied for them, flowing with milke and hony, which is the glory of all lands:

7 Then said I vnto them, Cast ye away euery man the abominations of his eyes, and defile not your selues with the idoles of Egypt: I am the Lord your God.

8 But they rebelled against me, and would not hearken vnto mee: they did not euery man cast away the abominations of their eyes, neither did they forsake the idoles of Egypt: then I said, I will powre out my furie vpon them, to accomplish my anger against them in the middest of the land of Egypt.

9 But I wrought for my names sake that it should not be polluted before the heathen, among whom they were, in whose sight I made my selfe knowen vnto them, in bringing them foorth out of the land of Egypt.

10 ¶ Wherefore I caused them to goe foorth out of the land of Egypt, and brought them into the wildernesse.

11 And I gaue them my statutes, and shewed them my iudgements, which if a man doe, he shall euen liue in them.

12 Moreouer also, I gaue them my Sabbaths, to be a signe betweene mee and them, that they might know that I am the Lord that sanctifie them.

13 But the house of Israel rebelled against me in the wildernesse: they walked not in my statutes, and they despised my iudgements, which if a man doe, hee shall euen liue in them, and my sabbaths they greatly polluted: then I said I would powre out my furie vpon them in the wildernesse, to consume them:

14 But I wrought for my names sake, that it should not bee polluted before the heathen, in whose sight I brought them out.

15 Yet also I lifted vp my hand vnto them in the wildernesse, that I would not bring them into the land which I had giuen them, flowing with milke and hony, which is the glory of all lands,

16 Because they despised my iudgements, and walked not in my statutes, but polluted my Sabbaths: for their heart went after their idoles.

17 Neuerthelesse, mine eye spared them from destroying them, neither did I make an end of thē in the wildernes.

18 But I said vnto their children in the wildernesse; Walke ye not in the statutes of your fathers, neither obserue their iudgements, nor defile your selues with their idoles.

19 I am the Lord your God: walke in my statutes, and keepe my iudgements and doe them:

20 And hallow my Sabbaths, and they shall be a signe betweene mee and you, that yee may know that I am the Lord your God.

21 Notwithstanding the children rebelled against me: they walked not in my statutes, neither kept my iudgements to doe them, which if a man doe, hee shall euen liue in them; they polluted my Sabbaths: then I said I would powre out my furie vpon them, to accomplish my anger against them in the wildernesse.

22 Neuerthelesse I withdrew mine hand and wrought for my names sake, that it should not be polluted in the fight of the heathen, in whose sight I brought them foorth.

23 I lifted vp mine hand vnto them also in the wildernesse, that I would scatter them among the heathen, and disperse them through the countreys;

24 Because they had not executed my iudgements, but had despised my Statutes, and had polluted my Sabbaths, and their eyes were after their fathers idoles.

25 Wherefore I gaue them also statutes that were not good, and iudgements whereby they should not liue.

26 And I polluted them in their owne gifts, in that they caused to passe through the fire all that openeth the wombe, that I might make them desolate, to the end, that they might know that I am the Lord.

27 ¶ Therefore sonne of man, speake vnto the house of Israel, and say vnto them, Thus saith the Lord God, Yet in this your fathers haue blasphemed me, in that they haue committed a trespasse against me.

28 For when I had brought them into the land, for the which I lifted vp mine hand to giue it to them, then they saw euery high hill, and all the thicke trees, and they offered there their sacrifices, and there they presented the prouocation of their offering: there also they made their sweet sauour, and powred out there their drinke offerings.

29 Then I said vnto them, What is the high place whereunto ye goe? and the name thereof is called Bamah vnto this day.

30 Wherefore say vnto the house of Israel, Thus saith the Lord God, Are ye polluted after the maner of your fathers? and commit ye whoredome after their abominations?

31 For when yee offer your gifts, when yee make your sonnes to passe through the fire, ye pollute your selues with all your idoles euen vnto this day: and shall I be inquired of by you, O house of Israel? As I liue, saith the Lord God, I will not be inquired of by you.

32 And that which cōmeth into your minde, shall not be at all, that ye say, We wil be as the heathen, as the families of the countreys, to serue wood and stone.

33 ¶ As I liue, sayeth the Lord God, surely with a mighty hand, and with a stretched out arme, and with furie powred out, will I rule ouer you.

34 And I will bring you out from the people, and will gather you out of the countreys wherein ye are scattered, with a mighty hand, & with a stretched out arme, and with fury powred out.

35 And I wil bring you into the wildernes of the people, and there will I plead with you face to face.

36 Like as I pleaded with your fathers in the wildernes of the land of Egypt, so wil I plead with you, saith the Lord God.

37 And I will cause you to passe vnder the rod, and I will bring you into the bond of the Couenant.

38 And I will purge out from among you the rebels, and them that transgresse against mee: I will bring them foorth out of the countrey where they soiourne, and they shall not enter into the land of Israel, and yee shall know that I am the Lord.

39 As for you, O house of Israel, thus saith the Lord God, Goe yee, serue ye euery one his idoles, and hereafter also, if ye wil not hearken vnto me: but pollute ye my holy Name no more with your gifts, and with your idoles.

40 For in mine holy mountaine, in the mountaine of the height of Israel, saith the Lord God, there shall all the house of Israel, all of them in the land serue me: there will I accept them, and there wil I require your offerings, and the first fruits of your oblations, with all your holy things.

41 I will accept you with your sweet sauour, when I bring you out from the people, and gather you out of the countreys wherein yee haue bene scattered, and I wil be sanctified in you before the heathen.

42 And ye shall know that I am the Lord, when I shall bring you into the land of Israel, into the countrey for the which I lifted vp mine hand, to giue it to your fathers.

43 And there shall yee remember your wayes, & all your doings, wherein ye haue bene defiled, and ye shal lothe your selues in your owne sight, for all your euils that ye haue committed.

44 And ye shal know that I am the Lord, when I haue wrought with you for my Names sake, not according to your wicked wayes, nor according to your corrupt doings, O yee house of Israel, saith the Lord God.

45 ¶ Moreouer, the worde of the Lord came vnto me, saying,

46 Sonne of man, set thy face toward the South, and drop thy word toward the South, and prophesie against the forrest of the South field.

47 And say to the forest of þe South, Heare the word of the Lord: Thus saith the Lord God; Behold, I will kindle a fire in thee, and it shall deuoure euery greene tree in thee, and euery dry tree: the flaming flame shal not be quenched, and all faces from the South to the North shalbe burnt therein.

48 And all flesh shall see that I the Lord haue kindled it: it shall not be quenched.

49 Then said I, Ah Lord God, they say of me, Doeth he not speake parables?  

Bible guild Mule
Captain

Bible guild Mule
Captain

PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2018 12:51 pm
Ezekiel
Chapter 21

1 And the word of þe Lord came vnto me, saying,

2 Sonne of man, set thy face toward Ierusalem, and drop thy word toward the holy places, and prophecie against the land of Israel,

3 And say to þe land of Israel, Thus saith the Lord, Behold, I am against thee, and will draw forth my sword out of his sheath, and will cut off from thee the righteous and the wicked.

4 Seeing then that I will cut off from thee the righteous and the wicked, therefore shall my sword goe forth out of his sheath against all flesh from the South to the North:

5 That all flesh may know, that I the Lord haue drawen foorth my sword out of his sheath: it shall not returne any more.

6 Sigh therefore thou sonne of man with the breaking of thy loynes, and with bitternesse sigh before their eyes.

7 And it shall be, when they say vnto thee; Wherefore sighest thou? that thou shalt answere, For the tidings, because it commeth: and euery heart shall melt, and all hands shalbe feeble, and euery spirit shal faint, and all knees shal be weake as water: behold, it commeth, and shalbe brought to passe, sayth the Lord God.

8 ¶ Againe, the word of the Lord came vnto me, saying,

9 Sonne of man, prophecie and say, Thus sayth the Lord, Say, A sword, a sword is sharpened, and also fourbished.

10 It is sharpened to make a sore slaughter; it is fourbished, that it may glitter: should we then make mirth? It contemneth the rod of my sonne, as euery tree.

11 And he hath giuen it to be fourbished, that it may be handled: this sword is sharpened, and it is fourbished to giue it into the hand of the slayer.

12 Cry and howle, sonne of man, for it shalbe vpon my people, it shalbe vpon all the princes of Israel: terrours, by reason of the sword, shall be vpon my people: smite therefore vpon thy thigh.

13 Because it is a tryall, and what if the sword contemne euen the rodde? it shall be no more, sayth the Lord God.

14 Thou therefore sonne of man, prophecie and smite thine hands together, and let the sword bee doubled the third time, the sword of the slaine, it is the sword of the great men, that are slaine, which entreth into their priuie chambers.

15 I haue set the point of the sword against all their gates, that their heart may faint, and their ruines be multiplied. Ah, it is made bright, it is wrapt vp for the slaughter.

16 Goe thee one way or other, either on the right hand, or on the left, whithersoeuer thy face is set.

17 I will also smite mine hands together, and I wil cause my furie to rest: I the Lord haue sayd it.

18 ¶ The word of the Lord came vnto me againe, saying,

19 Also thou sonne of man, appoint thee two wayes, that the sword of the king of Babylon may come: both twaine shall come forth out of one land: and choose thou a place, choose it at the head of the way to the citie.

20 Appoint a way, that the sword may come to Rabbath of the Ammonites, and to Iudah in Ierusalem the defenced.

21 For the king of Babylon stood at the parting of the way, at the head of the two wayes, to vse diuination: he made his arrowes bright, he consulted with images, he looked in the liuer.

22 At his right hand was the diuination for Ierusalem to appoint captaines, to open the mouth in the slaughter, to lift vp the voice with shouting, to appoint battering-rammes against the gates, to cast a mount and to build a fort.

23 And it shall be vnto them as a false diuination in their sight, to them that haue sworne oathes: but he will call to remembrance the iniquitie, that they may be taken.

24 Therefore thus saith the Lord God, Because yee haue made your iniquitie to be remembred, in that your transgressions are discouered, so that in all your doings your sinnes doe appeare: because, I say, that yee are come to remembrance, yee shall be taken with the hand.

25 ¶ And thou prophane wicked prince of Israel, whose day is come, when iniquitie shall haue an end,

26 Thus saith the Lord God, Remoue the diademe, and take off the crowne: this shall not be the same: exalt him that is low, and abase him that is high.

27 I will ouerturne, ouerturne, ouerturne it, and it shall be no more, vntill he come, whose right it is, and I wil giue it him.

28 ¶ And thou sonne of man, prophecie, and say, Thus saith the Lord God concerning the Ammonites, and concerning their reproch: Euen say thou; The sword, the sword is drawen, for the slaughter it is fourbished, to consume because of the glittering:

29 Whiles they see vanitie vnto thee, whiles they diuine a lie vnto thee, to bring thee vpon the necks of them that are slaine, of the wicked whose day is come, when their iniquitie shall haue an end.

30 Shall I cause it to returne into his sheath? I will iudge thee in the place where thou wast created, in the land of thy natiuitie.

31 And I will powre out mine indignation vpon thee, I will blow against thee in the fire of my wrath, and deliuer thee into the hand of brutish men and skilfull to destroy.

32 Thou shalt be for fuell to the fire: thy blood shall be in the middest of the land, thou shalt be no more remembred: for I the Lord haue spoken it.  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2018 2:05 pm
Ezekiel
Chapter 22

1 Moreouer the word of the Lord came vnto me, saying;

2 Now thou sonne of man, wilt thou iudge, wilt thou iudge the bloodie citie? yea thou shalt shew her all her abominations.

3 Then say thou, Thus saith the Lord God; The citie sheadeth blood in the middest of it, that her time may come, and maketh idoles against herselfe to defile herselfe.

4 Thou art become guilty in thy blood that thou hast shed, and hast defiled thy selfe in thine idoles, which thou hast made, and thou hast caused thy daies to draw neere, and art come euen vnto thy yeeres; therfore haue I made thee a reproch vnto the heathen, and a mocking to all countries.

5 Those that be neere, and those that be farre from thee, shall mocke thee which art infamous, and much vexed.

6 Behold the princes of Israel, euerie one were in thee to their power to shead blood.

7 In thee haue they set light by father and mother: in the middest of thee haue they dealt by oppression with the stranger: in thee haue they vexed the fatherlesse and the widow:

8 Thou hast despised mine holy things, & hast prophaned my sabbaths:

9 In thee are men that carie tales to shead blood: and in thee they eate vpon the mountaines: in the middest of thee they commit lewdnesse.

10 In thee haue they discouered their fathers nakednesse: in thee haue they humbled her that was set apart for pollution.

11 And one hath committed abomination with his neighbours wife, and an other hath lewdly defiled his daughter in law, and an other in thee hath humbled his sister, his fathers daughter.

12 In thee haue they taken gifts to shead blood: thou hast taken vsury and increase, and thou hast greedily gained of thy neighbours by extortion, and hast forgotten me, saith the Lord God.

13 ¶ Behold therefore, I haue smitten mine hand at thy dishonest gaine which thou hast made, and at thy blood which hath bene in the midst of thee.

14 Can thine heart indure, or can thine hands be strong in the dayes that I shall deale with thee? I the Lord haue spoken it, and will doe it.

15 And I will scatter thee among the heathen, and disperse thee in the countreys, and will consume thy filthinesse out of thee.

16 And thou shalt take thine inheritance in thy selfe in the sight of the heathen, and thou shalt know that I am the Lord.

17 And the word of the Lord came vnto me, saying,

18 Sonne of man, the house of Israel is to me become drosse: all they are brasse, and tinne, and yron, and lead in the midst of the furnace: they are euen the drosse of siluer.

19 Therefore thus saith the Lord God, Because ye are all become drosse, behold therefore I will gather you into the midst of Ierusalem.

20 As they gather siluer, and brasse, and yron, and lead, and tinne into the midst of the furnace, to blow the fire vpon it, to melt it: so will I gather you in mine anger, and in my fury, and I will leaue you there, and melt you.

21 Yea, I will gather you, and blow vpon you in the fire of my wrath, and ye shalbe melted in the midst thereof.

22 As siluer is melted in the midst of the furnace, so shall ye be melted in the middest thereof, and ye shall know that I the Lord haue powred out my furie vpon you.

23 ¶ And the word of the Lord came vnto me, saying,

24 Son of man, say vnto her, Thou art the land that is not cleansed, nor rained vpon in the day of indignation.

25 There is a conspiracie of her prophets in the middest thereof like a roaring lyon, rauening the praye: they haue deuoured soules: they haue taken the treasure and precious things: they haue made her many widowes in the midst thereof.

26 Her priests haue violated my law, and haue prophaned mine holy things: they haue put no difference betweene the holy and prophane, neither haue they shewed difference between the vncleane and the cleane, and haue hid their eyes from my Sabbaths, and I am prophaned among them.

27 Her princes in the midst thereof are like wolues rauening the praye, to shed blood, and to destroy soules, to get dishonest gaine.

28 And her prophets haue dawbed them with vntempered morter, seeing vanity, and diuining lies vnto them, saying, Thus saith the Lord God, when the Lord hath not spoken.

29 The people of the land haue vsed oppression, and exercised robbery, and haue vexed the poore and needie: yea, they haue oppressed the stranger wrongfully.

30 And I sought for a man among them, that should make vp the hedge, and stand in the gap before me for the land, that I should not destroy it: but I found none.

31 Therefore haue I powred out mine indignation vpon them, I haue consumed them with the fire of my wrath: their owne way haue I recompensed vpon their heads, saith the Lord God.  

Bible guild Mule
Captain

Bible guild Mule
Captain

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2018 11:43 am
Ezekiel
Chapter 23

1 The word of the Lord came againe vnto me, saying,

2 Sonne of man, there were two women, the daughters of one mother.

3 And they committed whordomes in Egypt, they committed whordomes in their youth: there were their brests pressed, and there they bruised the teats of their virginitie.

4 And the names of them were Aholah the elder, and Aholibah her sister: and they were mine, & they bare sonnes and daughters: thus were their names: Samaria is Aholah, and Ierusalem Aholibah.

5 And Aholah played the harlot, when she was mine, & she doted on her louers, on the Assyrians her neighbors,

6 Which were clothed with blew, captaines and rulers, all of them desireable yong men, horsemen riding vpon horses.

7 Thus she committed her whordomes with them, with all them that were the chosen men of Assyria, and with all on whom she doted, with all their idoles she defiled her selfe.

8 Neither left she her whoredomes brought from Egypt: for in her youth they lay with her, and they bruised the breasts of her virginitie, and powred their whoredome vpon her.

9 Wherefore I haue deliuered her into the hand of her louers, into the hand of the Assyrians, vpon whom she doted.

10 These discouered her nakednes, they tooke her sonnes and her daughters, and slew her with the sword: and she became famous among women, for they had executed iudgement vpon her.

11 And when her sister Aholibah saw this, she was more corrupt in her inordinate loue then she, and in her whoredoms more then her sister in her whoredomes.

12 She doted vpon the Assyrians her neighbours, captaines and rulers clothed most gorgeously, horsemen riding vpon horses, all of them desireable young men.

13 Then I saw that she was defiled, that they tooke both one way;

14 And that she increased her whoredomes: for when shee saw men pourtrayed vpon the wall, the images of the Caldeans pourtrayed with vermilion,

15 Girded with girdles vpon their loynes, exceeding in dyed attire vpon their heads, all of them princes to looke to, after the maner of the Babylonians of Caldea, the land of their natiuitie:

16 And assoone as shee saw them with her eyes, she doted vpon them, and sent messengers vnto them into Caldea.

17 And the Babylonians came to her into the bed of loue, and they defiled her with their whoredome, and shee was polluted with them, and her mind was alienated from them.

18 So shee discouered her whoredomes, and discouered her nakednesse; then my mind was alienated from her, like as my minde was alienated from her sister.

19 Yet shee multiplied her whoredomes, in calling to remembrance the dayes of her youth, wherein she had played the harlot in the land of Egypt.

20 For she doted vpon their paramours, whose flesh is as the flesh of asses, and whose issue is like the issue of horses.

21 Thus thou calledst to remembrance the lewdnesse of thy youth, in bruising thy teates by the Egyptians, for the paps of thy youth.

22 ¶ Therefore, O Aholibah, thus saith the Lord God, Behold, I will raise vp thy louers against thee, from whom thy minde is alienated, and I will bring them against thee on euery side;

23 The Babylonians, and all the Caldeans, Pekod, and Shoah, and Koa, all the the Assyrians with them, all of them desireable young men, captaines and rulers, great lords and renowmed, all of them riding vpon horses.

24 And they shall come against thee with charets, wagons and wheeles, and with an assemblie of people which shall set against thee buckler, and shield, and helmet round about: and I will set iudgement before them, and they shal iudge thee according to their iudgements.

25 And I will set my ielousie against thee, and they shall deale furiously with thee: they shall take away thy nose and thine eares, and thy remnant shall fall by the sword: they shall take thy sonnes and thy daughters, and thy residue shal be deuoured by the fire.

26 They shall also strippe thee out of thy clothes, and take away thy faire iewels.

27 Thus will I make thy lewdnesse to cease from thee, and thy whoredome brought from the land of Egypt: so that thou shalt not lift vp thine eyes vnto them, nor remember Egypt any more.

28 For thus saith the Lord God; Beholde, I will deliuer thee into the hand of them whom thou hatest; into the hand of them from whom thy mind is alienated.

29 And they shall deale with thee hatefully, and shall take away all thy labour, and shall leaue thee naked and bare, and the nakednesse of thy whoredomes shall bee discouered, both thy lewdnesse and thy whoredomes.

30 I wil doe these things vnto thee, because thou hast gone a whoring after the heathen, and because thou art polluted with their idoles.

31 Thou hast walked in the way of thy sister, therefore will I giue her cup into thine hand.

32 Thus sayth the Lord God, Thou shalt drinke of thy sisters cuppe deepe and large: thou shalt be laughed to scorne and had in derision; it containeth much.

33 Thou shalt be filled with drunkennesse and sorrow, with the cup of astonishment and desolation, with the cup of thy sister Samaria.

34 Thou shalt euen drinke it and sucke it out, and thou shalt breake the sheards thereof, and plucke off thine owne breasts: for I haue spoken it, saith the Lord God.

35 Therefore thus sayth the Lord God, Because thou hast forgotten me, and cast me behinde thy backe, therfore beare thou also thy lewdnesse, and thy whoredomes.

36 ¶ The Lord said moreouer vnto mee, Sonne of man, wilt thou iudge Aholah and Aholibah? yea declare vnto them their abominations;

37 That they haue committed adulterie, and blood is in their handes, and with their idoles haue they committed adulterie, and haue also caused their sonnes, whom they bare vnto me, to passe for them through the fire to deuoure them.

38 Moreouer this they haue done vnto me: they haue defiled my Sanctuarie in the same day, and haue profaned my Sabbaths.

39 For when they had slaine their children to their idoles, then they came the same day into my Sanctuarie to profane it, and loe, thus haue they done in the middest of mine house.

40 And furthermore that yee haue sent for men to come from farre, vnto whom a messenger was sent, and loe they came; for whom thou didst wash thy selfe, paintedst thy eyes, and deckedst thy selfe with ornaments,

41 And satest vpon a stately bedde, and a table prepared before it, whereupon thou hast set mine incense and mine oile.

42 And a voice of a multitude being at ease was with her, and with the men of the common sort were brought Sabeans from the wildernesse, which put bracelets vpon their hands, and beautifull crownes vpon their heads.

43 Then said I vnto her that was olde in adulteries; Will they now commit whoredomes with her, and shee with them?

44 Yet they went in vnto her, as they goe in vnto a woman that playeth the harlot: so went they in vnto Aholah & vnto Aholibah the lewd women.

45 ¶ And the righteous men, they shall iudge them after the manner of adulteresses, and after the manner of women that shed blood; because they are adulteresses, and blood is in their handes.

46 For thus sayth the Lord God, I will bring vp a company vpon them, and will giue them to be remoued and spoiled.

47 And the companie shall stone them with stones, and dispatch them with their swords: they shall slay their sonnes and their daughters, and burne vp their houses with fire.

48 Thus will I cause lewdnesse to cease out of the land, that all women may be taught not to doe after your lewdnesse.

49 And they shall recompense your lewdnesse vpon you, and ye shall beare the sinnes of your idoles, and yee shall know that I am the Lord God.  
The Bible

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 53 54 55 56 57 58 ... 77 78 79 80 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games