Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Back to Guilds

A Dungeons & Dragons Roleplaying Guild - We have many active games, join requests are checked often, and everyone is accepted. 

Tags: Dungeons, Dragons, Roleplaying, Dungeons and Dragons 

Reply [D&D 4e] Glimmers in the Dark
Arc 2 - Heart of a Monster (Completed) Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 53 54 55 56 57 58 ... 80 81 82 83 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

PostPosted: Fri Mar 03, 2017 7:25 pm

Revenge simply observes for the time being, being polite and not wanting to talk over anyone.
PostPosted: Sat Mar 04, 2017 12:29 pm

Valac woke up to Twyla above him... again and Kuori having a small rant at Tristan.

"Don't listen to her she only wants you for your potions she doesn't really love you!" Exclaimed Valac groggily.

Mongooseh

Distinct Raider

8,825 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Guildmember 100
  • Hellraiser 500

AlphabetFish

PostPosted: Sat Mar 04, 2017 4:46 pm

Twyla patted Valac affectionately on the horn and said, "Just relax. Even a hard head like yours needs time to recover from smacking against the floor."

She would stand up and curtsy to Tristan. "Let me formally introduce myself, Mr. Tristan. I am Twyla Rosanna Oxana Raphaela Marcella Honeysuckle Jane, esteemed bard. You mighta seen me at the Red Lion! And I do think maybe we oughta explain some things--especially how it all relates to your daughter."

She cleared her throat, and began, weaving just a bit of her magic into her speech to try to make the best impression.

"The Arians are looking for us because a few among us are like your daughter--people that were once normal girls who were abducted, imprisoned, and changed against their will into experimental creature hybrids. This was done to them by Aria for reasons we aren't entirely sure of, but certainly for Aria's sole benefit. The ones among us were able to escape. Their bodies and lives were twisted permanently by Aria, and now Aria seeks to reclaim them, to, we are sure, no good end. This is why we consider them our enemy.

"They've torn this town apart before, and the fact that they have a huge presence here now makes it look like they're prepared to do it again. The escapees with us are terrified of being recaptured--their memories of what was done to them haunt them--and I'm telling you this because I don't want anything to happen to Miss Vivi again. We know she was experimented on--the magical signature is clear, and one of our number knew her from when she was held by Aria. They might want her back the way they want our people back.

"Some people are still being held by Aria, undergoing Garl-knows-what in their clutches, and we want to try to help them be free. What we want you to help us with is to tell us how you freed Vivi, and if you know anything about where the others like her might still be kept, or how, or by whom."

She paused here and then looked at him askance, calculating. "Additionally... what role might your grenades and potions play in Aria's presence in this town?"

((Diplomacy: 25))
PostPosted: Sun Mar 05, 2017 4:02 pm

Tristan would look at Kuori, obviously not intimidated. "I adopted Vivi and you needn't worry about us. We are quite capable of taking care of ourselves. I think you should be more concerned as to how you are going to escape, but then I'm sure that has something to do with your meeting at the inn." Tristan would smile as he finished his biscuit. "By Vivi's description, it sounded like your contact must have been Arthur. He's the only soldier here now that I know has blond hair. Tell, me how did that go? Vivi's great with physical details, but sometimes the subtleties in conversation elude her."

To Valac's comment, Tristan would simply laugh. "Who doesn't? But then we all have to make a living somehow." As the fog clears from Valac's mind, he realizes he recognizes Tristan. The memory would have been more hazy if he had not relived it recently, but he does remember as a child having some interaction with this man. He was trying to take Valac some place, but he had to leave him in the woods to escape some sort of pursuer.

As Twlya spoke, Tristan payed close attention to her words. Once she finished speaking he sat in silence for a moment. "So... they made Vivi. I always figured they summoned her from some outer plane... That is some truly terrifying magic. I understand now why they're going to such lengths to cover this up. You must understand I was not in the know on this. This information will prove quite valuable to me."

Tristian would motion for everyone to come inside. "You lot don't need to stand there awkwardly in the doorway; come in. I swear the living room isn't booby trapped; that would just be too inconvenient. Stay away from the back door though, lest you want to take another dirt nap. You're welcome to some tea and cookies, but please don't touch the alchemical ingredients, as some of them are reactive."

Whether the group takes Tristan up on his offer or not, he would continue on. "I'm afraid my information might not prove as useful to you as yours was to me. I did not break Vivi out of wherever they were doing this to her, nor do I know where that place would be. I was simply hired to smuggle her out of Aria and find a place for her to live.

"I have a contact you see, an elven woman who goes by the name of 'Mother.' About once or twice a year, for about the last decade or so, she has hired me to smuggle strange people out of that kingdom and prop them up somewhere with a new life. As you saw, poor Vivi is a little stranger than most. I could not find anywhere for her to fit in, so I decided to adopt her myself. I figured I could at least keep her safe. She's quite bright, you know, and she helps me with my work. In all cases, 'Mother' has always reached out to me so I don't know how to get in contact with her. She arranges for me to pick up these people at a predetermined drop off point and then it's up to me after that.

"Oh... and the grenades were pretty standard-order knock out grenades. It seemed they wanted to take their targets alive, and now I know why. The potions they order are a variety, but they do tend to like the invisibility potions, which is great because I charge a fortune for them."

Kowsauni
Crew

Mongooseh

Distinct Raider

8,825 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Guildmember 100
  • Hellraiser 500
PostPosted: Sun Mar 05, 2017 5:24 pm

Valac's brain was racing at the information that he was being confronted with, connecting the dots and coming to a conclusion that was being rejected by his ego.

Confused Valac defaulted emotionally and returned to a natural state for the following exchange.

Rage.

Slamming a fist loudly into the ground Valac stood up and pursued Tristan into the abode. Pushing his face right into Tristans his face a painful contortion of fury.

"A young tiefling boy, a decade ago, where did you take him from and where were you taking him?!" Roared Valac flecking Tristan with furious spittle.
PostPosted: Sun Mar 05, 2017 7:15 pm

Tristan doesn't move as Valac approaches him but does look a bit confused by his statement. "How would you know about that..."A look of realization comes over Tristan's face. "No way, that's to damn coincidental." Despite Valac being in his face he would chuckle to himself. "I thought your face looked familiar, though ten years does make a difference. I'm afraid I don't know where you are from. You were my first job for "Mother." I picked you up in a field where I was told I would find you and was smuggling you out of Aria. Things got a little harry at border crossing and I had to hide you in a forest for a bit. The question I have for you is why didn't you wait for me. When I came back for you, you were gone and I couldn't find you. I had arranged for you to be adopted by a nice affluent Tielfing merchant family. They were quite mad when I didn't deliver their child."

Kowsauni
Crew

Mongooseh

Distinct Raider

8,825 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Guildmember 100
  • Hellraiser 500
PostPosted: Mon Mar 06, 2017 3:29 pm

"What? Wait for you on the chance you weren't killed or just plain abandoned me?" Scoffed Valac as he gave Tristan a 'look', "I took my chances with my brother, who was there, in the deeper forest that's why I was gone."

"But to hell with that, are you saying I'm an Arian... thing!?" Asked Valac turning from defensive to offensive.
PostPosted: Mon Mar 06, 2017 11:29 pm

"Your brother?" Tristan looked confused for a moment, but he would shrug it off and put his hands up in the air. "Well, that sure seems to be what the current evidence suggests, but the only person who truly knows the answer to that question is Mother. All I know is the individuals she hired me to smuggle out of the kingdom all had similar tattoos freshly done on their bodies, so you all have to be linked in some way. Vivi has the same tattoo as you, so if your friends say Vivi is something created in Aria, then its follows that you probably were, too. Sorry if that's not what you wanted to hear. You don't have any memory prior our first encounter, do you? No one ever did."

Valac hears a fluttering of wings behind him and the rest of the party sees Vivian fly down the landing from the second floor. She forces her way between Valac and Tristan and puts her hands up in a protective manner. "Leave my father alone! I told you not to follow me here!"

Tristan would but in. "It's all right, Vivi. We're just having a conversation. You know you're not supposed to fly or be downstairs without your cloak."

Vivian would look up at Tristan, misty eyed. "But... but, it looked like he was going to hit you!"

Tristan would calm Vivi. "It's all right; your old man can take a hit or two, and probably deserves more than that. Besides... this guy might be your brother. "

Vivi would look back at Valac in shock. "No way! He's way too ugly! We look nothing alike! " In response, Tristan broke into laughter.

Kowsauni
Crew

PupSage

Dapper Dog

20,850 Points
  • Beta Critic 0
  • Object of Affection 150
  • 50 Wins 150
PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2017 3:38 pm

This wasn't what she had imagined it. Tristan didn't know anything that could help them and seemed content where he was, but yet again Valac rushed in to ruin the day. Kuori sighed and headed back to the wagon. It was time to leave, and if not leave, keep an eye out for Arians.
PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2017 4:17 pm

Valac stood there for a moment trying to reconcile several thoughts and left the house before he might do something... messy. He would slam the door if he hadn't kicked it off its hinges earlier.

Mongooseh

Distinct Raider

8,825 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Guildmember 100
  • Hellraiser 500

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2017 9:38 pm

After Kuori and Valac would leave, Revenge would say aloud, "I think it's time to go," though not addressing any one person in particular.

Turning to Tristan, "I apologize for what Valac did to my wife's door. ... Doors. I'm more of a climb-the-lattice-and-sneak-in-through-the-window guy myself." He would move to usher the others out, but only if they moved to leave willingly.
PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2017 1:34 pm

Twyla's eyes widened a bit when it became clear that Valac had some kind of history with this man. She' thought the magic seemed similar, but... Well, that was more than she'd expected. Probably best not to talk to him about it now, though, judging from the look on his face.

She would turn to Tristan and say, "I appreciate your telling us what you know. Your continued graciousness towards us would be most appreciated. So please don't rat us out. Thanks!"

She would curtsy again and leave with Revenge.

AlphabetFish

Kowsauni
Crew

PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2017 12:35 am

Tristan would respond to Revenge. "Oh, don't worry about it. The windows are trapped too."

To Twyla, he would smile. "Don't mention it. I wish you luck in escaping. It's better business for me."

Once everyone left the house, Tristan would come to the door frame and speak directly to Valac. "Hey, don't beat yourself up over this. I'm sorry I didn't get you the start in life I meant to, but you seem to have done all right for yourself. In the end, whatever happened in the past doesn't really matter, especially if you don't remember it. Just focus on the future and you should be fine... probably." Tristan then picks up the front door and props it back into the doorway.

For those who return to the wagon, they will see Petra and Abby sitting in the back, obviously trying to keep a low profile. The first person Petra sees she would ask excitedly, "So what did you guys learn? How did he bust Vivian out? Does he know how to get out more of our friends?"
PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2017 1:16 pm

I'm sorry I didn't get you the start in life I meant to...

'Yeah, as if I ever had a choice' Valac thought angrily.

Valac was still contesting what was in his head but at least now Aria now seemed like someone worth killing. Taking on this new deadly resolve Valac returned to the wagon.

Mongooseh

Distinct Raider

8,825 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Guildmember 100
  • Hellraiser 500

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2017 1:04 pm

Revenge would reach up and rub the back of his head when Petra asked the question. "It... didn't play out exactly like that. The man - Tristan - wasn't some sort of righteous freedom fighter or anything. He is pretty much just in it for the coin. There was a... contact... that would hire him to move individuals out of Aria, and that's about it. He gave us a pseudonym to go by... but not much else. He knows... knew surprisingly little about our problem."

He would inhale and exhale through his nose. "Something to follow up one day if we get the funds for it, as I don't expect he's a fan of charity, but I don't think there's much we can do about it now, since he was always the one contacted and not the other way around. Any sign of Arthur? I'd like to leave while we can."
[D&D 4e] Glimmers in the Dark

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 53 54 55 56 57 58 ... 80 81 82 83 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games