Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Back to Guilds

A Dungeons & Dragons Roleplaying Guild - We have many active games, join requests are checked often, and everyone is accepted. 

Tags: Dungeons, Dragons, Roleplaying, Dungeons and Dragons 

Reply [D&D 4e] Glimmers in the Dark
Arc 3 - Glimmers in the Dark (Main Roleplay) Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 53 54 55 56 57 58 ... 99 100 101 102 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit
Southern Cross Nemesis rolled 1 20-sided dice: 2 Total: 2 (1-20)

Southern Cross Nemesis
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2020 9:35 pm
"Found someone! Tell Kouri! And Irene, She may want some of this wine to cook with!" Ruin would call back, "And I could use some help if anyone wants to come down... Probably, not. We are just missing an entire town of people with no leads. Did I miss understand our mission? Why am I talking to myself?" before pressing forward.

Athletics, 5 if needed, find a to a direct squeezable path to the back of the room.  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 25, 2020 8:19 pm
((As much as I want Acorn to immediately try to go find these people...))

Logic: Ruin descended into that apparent storage pit, and called out a false alarm to nonexistent people. This meant that either his mind had begun to slip from all the unwanted attention he was receiving from those monsters, or it was some sort of bluff for someone unseen. But why? From where he stood, Ruin appeared alone.

Quote:
Insight 17 vs Bluff 22

"Ruin, are you feeling alri- Revenge had started to say softly.

Quote:
"Found someone! Tell Kouri! And Irene, She may want some of this wine to cook with!"

Oi. Revenge did not understand what was going on, but if Ruin was in some sort of danger again, it would be dishonorable to just abandon him to go play town crier. They were in a room that wasn't visible from where the others were, but rather than go waste precious breaths, he counted on them to figure it out on his own.

STANDARD ACTION

Revenge would pivot in place and hurl his Everburning Torch out the door from which he entered. Ruin's sunrod provided enough light for now where it wasn't needed.

MOVE ACTION

Revenge would begin to quickly descend the ladder.

MINOR ACTION

Since Ruin's call did not call out for someone's aid, Revenge would draw his sword upon reaching the bottom until he could better reappraise the situation.  

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

Kowsauni
Crew

PostPosted: Thu Jun 25, 2020 9:45 pm
Ruin would have no problem moving to the back of the room. The rows of kegs were placed in such a way they they could be easily walked around, they we just staked too high for the warlock to see around them.

As as Ruin rounds the last row of kegs he comes upon a small potbellied figure slouched against the wall. His skin was the color of ash and he had nary a hair left on his head. His drab clothing was shabby and worn and reeked of alcohol. Next to him was a tipped over tankard, its spilled contents now darkening the earthen floor. The halfling sized man put up his grubby hand to block the light from the sunrod from hitting his eyes. He groggily began to speak. "Oy, enugh w'the bright sttichk. My head aready be spilitn in two. What with all the yellin? There be Umburs about...wait...if you be down here then where be th'umburs."

Everyone out in the main hall sees Reveng's torch fly out of the room he entered . Revenge, upon descending the ladder, does not see Ruin but can tell where he is behind some some kegs in the back of the room due to his sunrod. He also hears a slurred unfamiliar voice talking from back there as well.  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 26, 2020 6:17 am
Kuori stands, between his ridiculous break in and the racket he was making, she didn't want to find Ruin in the maw of yet another creature. She makes her way towards the room as the torch flies out, quickening her pace a bit. Once she gets to the hole she looks down it. "Scream if you're dying."  

PupSage

Dapper Dog

20,850 Points
  • Beta Critic 0
  • Object of Affection 150
  • 50 Wins 150
Rain Yupa rolled 1 20-sided dice: 8 Total: 8 (1-20)

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

PostPosted: Fri Jun 26, 2020 8:00 am
Revenge would hear conversation and not battle, so he exhaled, and after a few moments, sheathed his weapon.

Kuori would come into the room above and called down, to which Revenge yelled out.

"False alarm! Not battle; a survivor, I think." He would then give a friendly wave to Kuori, then turn to join Ruin; being taller than the other tiefling and full-plated, he did not have much in the way of squirming ability so he would proceed to start dragging intruding barrels out of the way.

Since Strength wasn't his strength, it would be a slower process.

Quote:
Strength Check +5 = 13

PostPosted: Fri Jun 26, 2020 10:23 am
“Sorry, I need it to see.“ Ruin stuck his glowstick between two of the kegs, to create a shadow for the drunk. ”I heard you snoring and couldn’t be certain if you were a monster or a person. So, If you were a monster, and charged, it would be a simple task to set fire into one of these kegs. As for the Umber, my team and I killed one and ran the other two off. Our Beastologist is studying the one we killed.”

Beastologist sounded better than a weird girl.

Taking a moment to inform his allies, who didn’t want to open this door or come with. “I am fine, it’s a shir, a scirph, sphirv… a gnome!”

“Sorry, But, I am getting ahead of myself. My name is Ruin, and I am apart of a group from the surface looking for the people who used to live here. If you don’t mind, coming with me to to the Hall above; My allies could fill you in better than I. I am little more then hired help in this scenario.” the teifling would say as he walked over to the drunk and offered his hand to help him up.  

Southern Cross Nemesis
Vice Captain

Kowsauni
Crew

PostPosted: Fri Jun 26, 2020 7:36 pm
"The boy sized man looked up at Ruin in surprise. "Y'took on th'umbers! Impressive! They had me trapped down here for..." The man would trail off unsure of the answer. "Anwayyss I thught I was gonna die so I figgured mite as well die blitzzed."

The man would let out a loud burp and take Ruins hand to help himself up. He was definitely quite unsteady on his feet. Brushing himself he would squint at Ruin. After a moment or so he would come to a realization. "Oh my, ur one of those red 'n pointees. I haven seen th'kind in adgess. Anaywss, th'name is Dietrich."

Dietrich would look about the room trying to get his bearing. "Tis a shame to leave so much fine alcohol b'hind, but It'll be nice to'git out of thizs room."

Dietrich would make his way around the kegs and see Revenge making his way over. "Oy, Another red'n pointy! Are ur sure I didn die an am now in a bad place?"  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 26, 2020 10:21 pm
"I only meet the team a few days ago, so if we are in a bad place. This is one of the best bad places I have been in." Ruin would joke, before continuing. "But That would be Revenge, he is a paladin of the moon goddess, Sehanine. And, You won't meet a nicer guy. We also have another Tiefling named Valac, who has muscles bigger than you. But, he is... a decent fellow?" Ruin added, following the gnome to kee his glowstick out of Dietrich's eyes. "The goliath is alright, for a cleric. Then there are two humans."

Waving to Revenge, "I said, I am fine. I knew the door checked was locked, and the Umber attacked after I tried to open it. Which made me assume there was something inside, they couldn't get to... So, I found this guy when I went to check.

Dietrich meet Revenge, Revenge, Dietrich."  

Southern Cross Nemesis
Vice Captain

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

PostPosted: Sat Jun 27, 2020 8:34 am
"It's a pleasure, Dietrich," Revenge would say, bowing his head politely. "If you don't mind me asking, how did you stay safe from the Umber Hulks? They aren't exactly cream puffs, and Ruin of all people was able to force open the door," Revenge would start, turning toward the fellow Tiefling. "Er, no offense." He would turn back to Dietrich. "Plus, all the burrowing. You make it sound like they were out there for quite a while searching for you..." Revenge would inquire, with perhaps a little too much disbelief in his voice.  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 27, 2020 10:52 am
Ruin gave a shrug to Revenge's, unintentional possibly offensive comment. After all the short tiefling was no Valac.

Though, he assumed the reason Dietrech could hide had to due with the stone and size of the doorway. But, if that was the case... what broke the stone floor in the hall?  

Southern Cross Nemesis
Vice Captain

Mongooseh

Distinct Raider

8,825 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Guildmember 100
  • Hellraiser 500
PostPosted: Sat Jun 27, 2020 4:33 pm
Valac sauntered over with his sword on his shoulder after hearing his name mentioned multiple times.

"What do you want?" Valac asked before he noticed the boy, "Grr, another runt? They've got a bad habit of popping out of nowhere, shoo!"  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 27, 2020 6:31 pm
At ruins question Dietrich shrugs his shoulders. "I'uno. I thought I was gonna die too, hence why I thoudt'll be best to be sucking down th'sweet nectar when they came. Dulled sensses fill less pain. I guess I musta given em the slip. I'm good at hidin m'scent. I saw em comin in so I locked th'door n'hid don here. Tey must not have seen me. Perhaps thy just wer lookin to make the hall home and not on th'hunt. Anyhoo, the dead I'm not...sooooo...I'd like to get goin now. Don't wana make the mistress woory."

Upon seeing Valac look down the hole Dietrich exclaim. "Oy, yer weren't lien. There be three of ya, N'ver seen so many red'n'point in one place b'fore!"  

Kowsauni
Crew

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

PostPosted: Sat Jun 27, 2020 7:35 pm
Revenge would nod. "Works for me. I'm sure Kuori - the Goliath woman - would like to speak with you first before you skedaddle. I'd give the young human girl a wide berth, though. I'm not entirely sure how discriminate she is..."

Revenge paused, looking up the ladder to Valac, then following the ladder back down with his eyes and over to the gnome. "Will you be okay to climb a ladder in your current state?"  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 27, 2020 8:06 pm
"Who is you're mistress, may I ask?" Ruin asked  

Southern Cross Nemesis
Vice Captain

PupSage

Dapper Dog

20,850 Points
  • Beta Critic 0
  • Object of Affection 150
  • 50 Wins 150
PostPosted: Sat Jun 27, 2020 8:19 pm
Kuori's helm is still down, so she is a menacing giant in ebony colored heavy armor with a skull shaped helm bearing large teeth and the symbol of the local death Goddess on its chest and her shield. Keeping that in mind ...

"Svirfneblin, everyone out there is dead insofar as we know. And there are three Umberhulks with a dead master laying outside the front door that were probably in here trying to act on their last orders. You aren't leaving here alone. Either your Mistress is dead or they're one of the few people left that can tell us what happened because they didn't spend the whole time hiding in a wine cellar like a coward." She looks through the helm, flipping it up to show her face, "Drinking the wine of dead men and waiting to join them."

There was of course a third option, but Deep Gnomes tended to be friendly folk.  
[D&D 4e] Glimmers in the Dark

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 53 54 55 56 57 58 ... 99 100 101 102 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games