Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Japanese Student Guild

Back to Guilds

The place to learn about Japan and all facets of Japanese culture 

Tags: Japanese, Student, Guild 

Reply The Japanese Student Guild
The Newbie Thread *Read First Post* Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 53 54 55 56

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Gardenia-Shiroi

PostPosted: Thu Apr 01, 2010 11:47 am
めし と もうします. よろしく おねがいします.
As I said before, my name is Meshi.
Weird name, huh? Meal? Well, I like it anyways.
My love for the Japanese culture all started with my love for the Lolita fashion...
After that, I looked at Japanese Lolita brands and discovered Moi-meme-Moitie , And I came across a bloke named Mana-sama, discovered that he had a band, and was then obsessed with Visual kei bands. Now I only listen to Japanese visual kei bands, of course. ^^

I also love manga, but the music suits me better.
End of introduction~
Baii~  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2013 10:05 pm
umm..hi everyone..you can call me yuuki or yuu is fine too..it means snow and i love snow 3nodding i like japanese from the bottom of my heart but i still can't master their language yet.. sweatdrop but i hope we can help each other.. whee yoroshiku onegaishimasu!  

yuukii93

Shy Admirer

9,750 Points
  • 1 Win 50
  • 20 Wins 100
  • 50 Wins 150

gonepoof

Anxious Gawker

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2013 3:44 pm
始めまして~

I go by idiosyncraticpoet here but feel free to call me Izzy. I would appreciate it if you don't call me idio. I'm a little bit of an idiot to put it as my name but it is the adjective that I found to suit me best. You can call me poet but right now I feel a little bit undeserving of such title. On the quest to make myself befitting of the title though.

Oh but I digress (but this is not uncommon -_-). Let's move on to my interest in Japan/Japanese, shall we?

I've been self-learning the Japanese language on my own for years now. It all began with my falling in love with the voice of a singer in an anime's OP and I thought, I just had to learn the language. So I bought a book and studied it from cover to cover whilst learning colloquial Japanese from anime, dramas and video clips. I listen mostly to Jrock too, to help with my understanding of Japanese.

Although I did once attend a Japanese class, I had to skip a few due to my lecturer's insistence to have extra classes for tax. And that Japanese class was not very helpful either, since I mistakenly joined the one that was very basic and most things taught I already learned on my own.

That being said though, I am still not really good at the language. Since I learn on my own it's hard to practise speaking the language. I'm also still new at reading, still struggling with kana and recognize only a few kanji.

As for the culture, I only know from what I read and what I see in anime and dramas. So, really, not much. But I'd love to know more.

I hope to get to know more people who share my interest so I'm really happy to have joined this guild ^_^  
The Japanese Student Guild

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 53 54 55 56

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff