Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian Geezers Guild

Back to Guilds

A guild for users 21 and over 

Tags: Geezer, Mature, Age 21+ 

Reply Introduction Threads
ALL NEW MEMBERS - come here and say "hi!" Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 54 55 56 57 58 59 ... 212 213 214 215 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Arellasan

PostPosted: Sat May 06, 2006 6:03 pm
Hi all
I'm one of the over 50 geezers. I live with my partner and my 14 year old son. I have another son who is 29 years old. I'm glad there's a place here for me to go and rest these old bones and kind of let it all hang out - in a manner of speaking.  
PostPosted: Sat May 13, 2006 10:17 pm
Hello Hello!! Its good to see this place...and its good to be here.
Im Catti...or Anny which ever you prefer.
Lets see...... a little about me....
Im 28 years old. I live in Washington State.
I have an 11 year old son.
Im on gaia allll the time. So im more than sure you'll see me around!!

CattiBrieann

Lil Brat
Captain

Enduring Codger

11,525 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Fantastic Fifteen 100
PostPosted: Sun May 21, 2006 9:57 am
Welcome to our new geezers - glad to see you here. heart

And another from WA - seem to be a lot of us! xd  
PostPosted: Sun May 21, 2006 10:40 am
Hello all. My name is Stargazer Lily. I am Lil Brat's mule account, aka her alter-ego. You may see me around from time to time.  

Stargazer Lily
Crew

Tipsy Tycoon

6,975 Points
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Partygoer 500
  • Market Browser 100

mermaidkitty

Generous Fairy

6,500 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Jack-pot 100
  • Tooth Fairy 100
PostPosted: Sun May 21, 2006 4:40 pm
Hi! I was invited and so I came. I used to play Gaia a lot, but got pretty tired of being hit on by kids... and an adult friend from another guild told me about Maple Story. Now I get hit on there... *sighs* sweatdrop

*notices that she's gotten way off track...* *blushes* *clears throat, tries again*

Greetings...

*does a small curtsy/bow* (It's something we learned at Catholic school.)

*tries not to look nervous*

I am MermaidKitty. I like to be called Kitty. I am 36 and female. I've been playing Gaia for over a year. I am artist. I work part-time for myself teaching art & I also work part-time for eSylvan online. (If you know any teachers who would like a part-time job they can PM me for the link to apply.)

I have a slight "Hello Kitty" addiction, which is in part of where my user name came from. I really like Hello Kitty and mermaids and swimming. So I kind of put them together. I guess I'm really an odd sort of kitty at that. I also really (REALLY REALLY REALLY) like purple....

I have an AA in Journalism with a minor in Art & History. A BS in Secondary Education, English, and my M. Ed. in Gifted Education. I really wanted children until I taught school for awhile *groans*.... I taught school full time for five years, but I was not very happy.

I did not have a boy friend, or many friends and no time for myself or to paint. So about *hummm... tries to think* 5-7 years ago, I got out of teaching and tried to figure out what I wanted to do when I grew up... I always wanted to be an artist (parents weren't crazy about the idea)... so I tried to find ways to be an artist and still eat.

It's been a long road... part of the reason I'm no longer working full time is I struggle with mental illness. I had to relocate from my home and have been living in the middle of Alabama now for 5 or 6 years. It's not my first choice of where to live because it is a football town, but it's been good to me. Because the college here is not a liberal arts school there is an opportunity for me to be in business for myself, fall on my butt, and try again.

Unlike Mobile where it was easy to find other odd people (fill in the blank with artists, musicians, theater people, ... etc, etc ...) to hang out with ... here it's been harder and I still have no male friends. It's mostly a college town so everyone is either older or younger. (To which one of my best friends said I should start dating younger guys... *LOL*)

I've never been married and have no children. I have one cat. I really like animals a lot; over the years different things have been my favorites including: wolves, horses, and current fave cats. When I was younger I was also really into dragons and unicorns. Besides painting and drawing, my hobbies include reading, writing (poetry, stories, etc.) watching movies (anime), and listening to music. I like anime and watch a bit on Cartoon Network, but I like Hayao Miyazaki's movies the best. I saw "Nausicaa Valley of the Wind" when I was younger at a con on the Mississippi Gulf Coast and have been hooked ever since. My best friend on deviantART has encouraged me to read some manga & I've been enjoying "Tokyo Mew Mew".

Besides here, when I hang out online (I don't do as much because of working online now) ... I'm also on Power Pets, Maple Story and deviantART mostly. There's a few other places I go, but not as much or as often. Now that there's an adult place on here, perhaps I'll stop by more. But I tend to forget about the guilds unless someone reminds me (so feel free to PM me). If you see a mermaidkitty somewhere, 9 times out of 10, it's me.

Let's see before this turns into an opera or some long winded boring prose piece.... ummm.... I've been limiting my time online because I want to meet people and exercise more... I guess that's about it. If you want to ask me anything, feel free to PM me. I have several people who have meet me who want to know more about mental illness or how they can help a friend or loved one dealing with these diseases. If you would like some more information, I'd be happy to point you in the right direction.

PostPosted: Sun May 21, 2006 6:47 pm
Hello there! very nice to make you aquaintance. "curtsies"  

CosmicHedgehog

Lil Brat
Captain

Enduring Codger

11,525 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Fantastic Fifteen 100
PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2006 5:59 pm
Welcome Kitty - glad you joined us. xd  
PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2006 7:04 pm
Hello Old fogies LOL.. Im so GLAD, you invited me!!! I have nothing against kids, Ive had a full house of the for 25+ years, sometimes I NEED a break...  

Montana Nixx

Lil Brat
Captain

Enduring Codger

11,525 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Fantastic Fifteen 100
PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2006 10:53 pm
Glad you've joined us xd  
PostPosted: Tue May 23, 2006 12:12 am
Welcome, Phoenixx - nice to see you here! xd  

Alleira

Aged Citizen

8,000 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Guildmember 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100

mermaidkitty

Generous Fairy

6,500 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Jack-pot 100
  • Tooth Fairy 100
PostPosted: Fri May 26, 2006 5:45 pm
Lil Brat

TY! Put a link in my siggy for a while. Hope that was OK. razz  
PostPosted: Sun May 28, 2006 1:16 pm
mermaidkitty
Lil Brat

TY! Put a link in my siggy for a while. Hope that was OK. razz
That works for us - on the front page are several banners you can put in your sig. xd  

Lil Brat
Captain

Enduring Codger

11,525 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Fantastic Fifteen 100

SageShadowWalker

PostPosted: Mon May 29, 2006 10:45 pm
Hi y'all and thanks for the invite. I'm Sage...Phoenixx_Rizings other half. Well actually, since she has 187 personalities I guess I'm actually her 1/188th.
We hail from Big Sky Country and have 11 kids and 14 cats...I'm 53 and she's ## something or other rofl
Looking forward to getting to know y'all and yes...it's a southern accent and yes the name really IS Sage. biggrin
~Sage~  
PostPosted: Tue May 30, 2006 7:28 pm
Big Sky Montana ~ I used to live in Big Wonderful Wyoming... lol

Welcome to the guild!  

Lil Brat
Captain

Enduring Codger

11,525 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Fantastic Fifteen 100

Wendy Essex

Intergalactic Saint

15,000 Points
  • Lapin Patrol Haldus: Victory! 100
  • Seasoned Warrior 250
  • Noble Shade 100
PostPosted: Wed Jun 07, 2006 5:12 am
Hi, I'm new! I just got the invite and I have to say I already love this place!!! heart  
Introduction Threads

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 54 55 56 57 58 59 ... 212 213 214 215 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games